[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which game areas/environments give you dem warm, comphy feels?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10
File: 1406750245492.jpg (499 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
1406750245492.jpg
499 KB, 1600x1000
Which game areas/environments give you dem warm, comphy feels?
>>
>>265547535
STALKERs Cordon or Boat
Metros population normal stations
10/10 comfy there, its a shame Metro isn't open world with an explorable metro because that shit would be out of this fucking world.
>>
>>265547751
I just started playing Stalker here and I have to say I do not understand why people think this game is comfy.

To me it's scary. Unless you are in one of the safe areas which are few and far between, there is danger everywhere and things can be very unpredictable.

It's an enjoyable game so far but it's actually the opposite of comfy. Pretty good to play leading up to Halloween though.
>>
File: OB-place-Anvil_03.jpg (2 MB, 2419x1262) Image search: [Google]
OB-place-Anvil_03.jpg
2 MB, 2419x1262
>>
File: DDOHGt3.jpg (817 KB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
DDOHGt3.jpg
817 KB, 2880x1800
>>265547535
Sadrith Mora will forever be my home
>>
I remember playing Jet Set Radio future when I was younger and coming across this secret underground room filled with dozens of cats. I don't know, when I think of sanctuary/cozy that image still resonates.
>>
>>265549130

the safe areas are the parts that people call confy, espcially the campfire with a stalker playing guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRRGYEFZF4A
>>
>>265549576
Nope, that fucking haunted manor forever ruined Anvil for me.
Chorrol is the comfiest.
>>
File: mafia_screen004.jpg (124 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
mafia_screen004.jpg
124 KB, 1024x768
>>265547535
For maximum comfy, look no further than Lost Heaven in Mafia 1.
>>
File: grizzly_hills.png (3 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
grizzly_hills.png
3 MB, 1920x1200
>>265547535
>>
>>265551373
all of my feels
>>
Olrox's Quarters in Symphony of the Night.

I guess Demon Guest House in Dawn of Sorrow is pretty comfy too
>>
Any type of Fall/Halloween environments get my comfy.

>tfw alan wake was supposed to be openworld
>>
File: Chorrol.jpg (503 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Chorrol.jpg
503 KB, 1280x800
>>265551271

I loved anvil.

>on the golden coast
>dat sunset
>dat gentle late summer night breeze
>people heading home docks
>not a care in the world
>dem comphies
>>
Despite the flaws in the game I really like Majula in DS2. The relaxing music, gathered NPCs and that glorious sunset makes it very comforting.
>>
>>265551673
>>265549576
I remember being hyped about those graphics.
>>
>These anons posting Oblivion towns.

All I remember was the irritation that they changed glorious Cyrodil into generic LoTR trash.
>>
>>265551373
That fuckin' soundtrack
>>
>>265551925
Considering its age, it would have been impossibru to do it well at the time going purely by the older lore.

Oblivion could just about do wooded areas, but heavy jungle areas? No
>>
The most comfy I ever got with a videogame was with minecraft some years ago, I had a christmas mod installed and I started a new world. The game dropped me on an island on a frozen ocean. Only some spar trees covered the tiny island. I started building a wooden log house with a nice fireplace and added a christmas tree, presents, christmas lights and shit.

I miss it ;_;
>>
The tree people starting town in Guild Wars 2 was pretty comfy feeling.
>>
My place of rest, amid the crumbling ruins of an ancient mega-city
>>
>>265547535
Why is there cum everywhere?
>>
>>265551373
Fuck I need to play again. 6.0 can't get here fast enough
>>
>>265555819
That's snow anon
>>
The Nexus.

Unlike the other Souls it was literally just an all safe area cut off from everything. Everyone just sits around chilling. I felt like a little kid coming back from school, and my levelling up and reinforcing my gear was like telling my parents how my day was and what I was looking forward to the next day. The crestfallen hero was like an older slightly morbid brother, the Blacksmith was my no-nonsense grandpa, and the levelling up with the maiden was like giving mum a hug after a long day.

>tfw it was a lot more welcoming than my actual childhood
> this is gonna be the most faggoty thing I write for a while maybe
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BKBitmL7hg

Barrens best zone.
>>
>>265547535
Definitely Windhelm.
>>
Minecraft as a whole is pretty damn comfortable. The music throughout the game is really soothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (555 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
555 KB, 1600x900
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.