[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wasteland 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: 240760.jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
240760.jpg
34 KB, 460x215
Why isn't anybody talking about this game? It looks really awesome. About to pull the trigger
>>
Nobody likes it, /v/ has done nothing but dump on it, save your money, invest in pork futures, and have good night.
>>
The whole realtime out-of-combat thing is really annoying, holy fuck.
>position everyone perfectly
>combat starts
>people scatter out of cover
>>
Fucking bitch shot my goat
>>
It lacks the pretty vibrant colors of Divinity Original Sin to grasp people's attention. Also, Fallout notwithstanding, post-apocalypse is hardly mainstream for video games.
>>
It looks like a good XCOM

I've been wanting to play a good CRPG, but the way XCOM calculated cover/line of sight was dumbfuck retarded and literally made me stop playing the game

I like the Fallout scenario too, so there's a bonus.

Why the fuck is this 22GB though?
>>
>>265252807
My only complaint is how few bullets there are.

It feels like I'm struggling just to get through a few fights and ammo is way too expensive.
>>
File: 1408799511145.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1408799511145.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>265252939
Overall breddy gud game.

But this guy has a point. At way to enter combat to position better before engaging would be neat.

I'm in Damonta, how the fuck do I save Binh? I had Rose do computer shit on the big computer but when I do it on the smaller one Binh dies. When I try to engage Tinker after half health Binh explodes. Halp
>>
File: Specs.png (19 KB, 475x390) Image search: [Google]
Specs.png
19 KB, 475x390
So I have a store bought PC with an on board GPU. Would I be able to play Wasteland 2?

I've never played a overhead rpg game like this before, should I start with Wasteland 2 or should I start with one of the older Fallout games?
>>
>>265253105
>Divinity: Original Sin
>Wasteland 2

Good haul so far. Shame Shadowrun wasn't better.
>>
>>265253182
I haven't had many problems getting into combat positions before fighting starts so far.

I'm not very far in the game so maybe it becomes an issue later.
>>
>>265253181
I don't know about the harder difficulties cause my first run is on easy like a bitch but I am swimming in ammunition, once you save Ag Center or Highpool go back to Ranger Citadel and talk to the munitions dude in the base. Set up a deal to bring in broken weapon parts with him and make sure you have someone with weaponsmithing.
One 50x stack nets about 700 scrapOn easy cause kek.
>>
>>265253181
Bullets and even rockets and explosives are bountiful after Ag Center / Highpool. You get so much money that it is easy to afford anything and everything for your whole team, especially bullets in the hundreds for each ranger. It just seems like the game will be a tight knit resource manager at the very itty bitty beginning of the game.
>>
>>265253142
>I've been wanting to play a good CRPG, but the way XCOM calculated cover/line of sight was dumbfuck retarded and literally made me stop playing the game

WL2 is, a lot of times, way worse than Xcom:EU when it comes to cover making sense
>>
File: 1408111756354.gif (13 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1408111756354.gif
13 KB, 640x640
>>265253326
It just sucks getting just barely within range of the enemies sight range or having them walk towards you just before you get a preemptive shot off.
>>
shit aesthetics
shit UI
feels clunky
shit engine that takes way too much performance

Other than that the game is pretty good.
>>
>>265253142
Just be prepared that XCOM has better combat than WL2. I wasn't expecting a game of tactical depth such as X-COM, but you know the game has shit combat when even XCOM has it beaten.
>>
>>265253142
XCOM is a SRPG, though. Combat is all it's about. Closer comparison would be Fallout Tactics, as opposed to Wasteland 2 being closer to Fallout.
>>
I like how actions feel "weighty". Like your fuckups will come back after a while.

But the random lockpick/hack/safecrack bullshit is idiotic and shit. It would be better as pure "you need to have this much skill to pass" or having loot scaled to skill.

Companions going rogue system is bad. Most of the time they go rogue when you're trying to plonk shit with your sniper from a safe spot.
>>
>>265253392
Shit.

Does it also have retarded shooting through gigantic obvious walls and enemies not "activating" until you discover them? Because that was just mega shit
>>
File: dragonfall610.jpg (69 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
dragonfall610.jpg
69 KB, 610x343
>>265253291
probably the more important thing is that no kickstarted rpgs have really failed. even shadowrun was mediocre at worst and improved immensely with the dlc.
>>
>>265253352
I just finished the rail nomads camp and havent seen any rockets or explosives outside of shops

and 80% of my money goes into bullets, which each ranger has only a few dozen each.

where do you get all this money and supplies?
>>
>>265253352
Well that bit at the start is pretty rough.

I do really like it so far though, but man.
I just feel spread so thin.

I feel this way about my teammates too, it's hard getting all the things I feel I NEED as is.

Stats, skills, ammo and such.

If I end up swimming in resources and stuff that would be fine too.

>>265253340
I'm on the third difficulty.
Does difficulty change the amount of money you get or something?
>>
>>265253573
well I havent encountered shooting through walls, but I have encountered my bullets hitting invisible walls around certain objects
>>
>game has sniper rifles for long distance combat and zone control
>every single enemy has enough speed to run from the end of the map into the engagement zone of your rangers

WHY? This defeats the whole purpose of even having a sniper on your team. In b4 "but you can use it to snipe guys from a distance to engage combat for a slight advantage". Yes, while this is true, you can also do it with a modded Assault Rifle with increased range so that it acts like a Sniper, but is still the better overall weapon because fuck Assault Rifles are OP.
>>
>>265253573
When a fight starts, all enemies in immediate area enter it, even if they're quire far.
From what I can tell, if an attack roll succeeds, it hits, no questions asked. It's only when it doesn't causes shit to happen - usually friendly fire.
>>
>>265253786
What I do is tell my Sniper to Ambush.
Also high ground and such if possible.

My Sniper has felt pretty important because of ambushing.

I'll be damned if I can figure out how to make shotguns great though.
>>
shotgun, blade, blunt are fucking shit

go for submachine gun and energy weapon

also enemy has too many fucking AP on their first turn
>>
>>265253643
What difficulty?
On medium explosives are quite rare, but not "one use ultra artifact" rare, just "megaelixir" rare (so if you don't use them, you'll end up with 99x of them).
>>
>>265253857
Jackhammer with a full choke
>>
How is the story in this game? At least on par with Fallout-NV or Fallout 3? I have trouble keeping up with games if they are just mindless head-clicking like Borderlands 2 or something
>>
>>265253984
medium. how does difficulty affect drops? more or less on higher difficulties?

also I do remember getting 2 grenades from saving that indian girl in highpool, but that wasnt really a drop or anything
>>
>>265253723

I encountered a couple cases of permeable walls
>>
>>265254039
Avelone wrote it.. so yeah good writing
>>
>>265253552
>as opposed to Wasteland 2 being closer to Fallout.

Not true at all, btw. WL2 is 90% combat and 10% exhausting dialogue options for exposition dumps. There's no excuse for the game to have such bare bones combat given how much of it there is. It doesn't even compare to Fallout since Fallout has a ton of skill checks and builds and solutions that take place out of combat, aren't combat focused and can be used to avoid combat. WL2 only has Outdoorsman which can be used to avoid random encounters on the map, otherwise nearly every single skill has something to do with combat. All the trap disarm skills, electronics etc. may have a few uses for some alternative quest solutions, but the main usage for them is to get more loot like guns and bullets to do more killing.
>>
>>265252807

It needs mod support ASP. The game in its current state is bland, but still enjoyable.
>>
>>265254039
its an rpg, so story is a decent focus.

also this is a turn based strategy game, there cant be any 'mindless head clicking'
>>
>>265254106
difficulty levels only affect enemy reistances

and damage for your rangers

items and experience dont change
>>
>>265252807
>Nobody likes it, /v/ has done nothing but dump on it

All the threads I've been in haven't been dumping on it. They've been pointing out the series of flaws the game has balanced out by what is good about it. It's always been a mixed bag. Personally as a backer I would give the game a 6 or a 7. The combat is a chore, which is a problem in a game with so much combat and no stealth, but the rest of the game play is good.
>>
>>265254190
I know, it was just a more obvious example

It looks like this is worth the shot, thanks guys
>>
>>265254039
Nope.
>>
>>265253857
I like my sniper as well, but my AR guy can function the exact same as him, but requires less AP than the sniper. It's just stupid, pointless design. But that seems to be the running theme for WL2's design.
>>
>team has a meele blade character
>ag center

fuck this shit
>>
>>265254106
I'm also playing on medium.
Had like 4 maulers (or however are the first rocket launchers named) by the end of Highpool. I sold them because I didn't know how much they wreck shit.
>>
File: 1408795177910.gif (3 MB, 385x280) Image search: [Google]
1408795177910.gif
3 MB, 385x280
>>265253634
Shadowrun returns was simple but I liked the hiring system and the leveling. Also the classes all had neat abilities and shit. I haven't gotten that far into Dragonfall though.
>>
Played for a little bit, got super bored, uninstalled.

Same goes for Divinty: OS too... Super slow and boring, to be honest.
>>
>>265254170

electronics can be used to hack robots in battle

mechanics can be used to repair critical failures on safes boxes

but yeah the only skill checks in conversations are the "Ass" ones
>>
>>265254340
I think I got a stinger near the first radio tower, then nothing after that
>>
UI and camerawork is shit.

Other than that it's a pretty damn good game.
>>
>>265253291
dragonfall is one of my favorite games in the last few months.
>>
>>265254416
and perception kind of, though you can 'brute force' it
>>
>>265254365
wtf is going on in that gif
>>
this game needs .....

special attacks for higher level battle skills

PERKS

more attack animations

more attack sounds

better camerawork bigger fonts sheesh
>>
What's the fucking point of allowing me to say whatever the fuck I want to NPCs but not having them respond appropriately? I thought I was in for some facade shit but turns out it's pointless.
>>
>>265254416
>mechanics can be used to repair critical failures on safes boxes

Shit are you serious? I'm already on my 15th hour or something and I didn't know about this.
>>
STOP THE SHITPOSTING
STOP THE SHITPOSTING

Hey OP these fuckers are probably Larian shills that try to get you away from buying this gem. It's literally 10/10 compared to 8/10 Div:OS or 9/10 Shadowrun: Dragonfall. It's literally all you could ever want form a post apo game. I highly recommend it. Most of the threads on /v/ are praising it sky high it's just the pathetic yuropoors that have yet to understand it's magnificence.
>>
>>265254373

Why would you even buy it if you don't like RPGs of this sort, then?
>>
>>265254587
If you have knowledge of stuff from Wasteland 1, you can actually ask some interesting things with the dialog prompt
>>
>>265254587
there are secret conversation solutions
>>
>>265254618
Go to bed Faran Brygo. You aren't getting the same yummy sales as DivOS did.
>>
>>265254832
We'll see about that, faggot.
>>
>>265254859
He's not. Divinity held the top spot on Steam sale chart for like a month straight and it went against DayZ and some other fad of the week bullshit.
>>
>>265254691
I loved the older FO games, this one isn't very good at all.
>>
>>265254859
There's literally nothing to see anymore. DivOS was #1 steam seller for nearly two months without dipping down ONCE, WL2 dropped out of first place after the first day and has since then slowly gone down, being at #4 now. They broke even with WL2 so from now on it's profitable, but it will hardly be the success story that DivOS was.
>>
>>265252807
Le fallout rip off
>>
>>265253982
>blunt are fucking shit
Someone hasn't found the Plasma Hammer yet and given it to a character with 10 Strength
>>
>>265254691
Not him but some people want to try getting into genres they're not fans of
Some games are capable of introducing new fans, others are not.
DOS definitely wasn't one of those, haven't played WL2 though
>>
>>265252807
Lacks some polish, but is otherwise a good game.
>>
>>265255112
thanks for the spoiler you fucking fag
>>
>>265254618
>It's literally all you could ever want form a post apo game.
Except for non-shitty out of combat controls.
And for the part where you have to redistribute weighty junk all the time.
And retarded random chances on skill use.
And idiots walking into uncovered mines.
And many annoyances.

Similarly to Div: OS, W2 is a gem with as many flaws as it has facets.
>>
>>265255209
>Similarly to Div: OS, W2 is a gem with as many flaws as it has facets.

probably because mainstream isn't its target audience, but genre enthusiasts who can overlook these issues if the game itself is good. which it largely is.
>>
File: mt-sunflower-kansas1.jpg (86 KB, 816x498) Image search: [Google]
mt-sunflower-kansas1.jpg
86 KB, 816x498
>>265252807

Pirate it and see if it grabs you. Devs definitely deserve your dosh.

I honestly feel bad for the people who couldn't get into it, makes me wonder if where you are playing and what your doing at the time makes a different.

Green text story time:

>Grandfather passed away last year, long story short, My mother and I are the only immediate family in the United States, no one else cares. Left me his small home in the middle of buttfuck kansis

> Been cleaning and fixing it up all summer and finally done. Wasteland 2 comes that day.

>The smell of old junk in his tanned yard, old news papers stacked near the desk i'm sitting at all the while his Hank Williams records softy play in the other room.

>Chewing tobacco and getting comfy on some of his whiskey, just exploring and getting immersed by the story and characters.

One of my favorite games this year so far. Nothing compares to the feels i got.

Again, that might be kinda a hard sell.
>>
>>265255363
A real enthusiast would not be satified with a half-ass piece of crap like Wasteland.
>>
>>265255363
>but genre enthusiasts who can overlook these issues
This, I remember back when every RPG was a bug riddled piece of shit, but I still loved them. CTDs were just something that just came with video games for me.

This was all before I got internet. I even got through Gothic 3 without internet.
>>
>>265256106

You sure told him with those hot opinions anon
>>
>>265253634
>freed APEX because it promised not to kill anybody anymore
did i do good /v/?
>>
>>265253235
I have bad news anon...
>>
the game triggers me because you can kill women which imply they are weak
>>
>>265256831
Give it to me straight doc
>>
>>265254581
Perks are a Fallout thing. Leave them out of WL2.
>>
File: paul ryan.jpg (82 KB, 296x364) Image search: [Google]
paul ryan.jpg
82 KB, 296x364
>>265252807

Join us in >>>/vg/81346368

We've been really careful about actually using spoilers for their intended purpose

That particular thread had some Fallout shitposting, though. It's mildly humorous to see Fallout3/NV babbies try to draw up parallels between the two series without knowing that Fallout1 was a Wasteland1 knock-off.

Truly humorous.
>>
>>265256267
Good for you. I hate the Gothic series and its sheepish fans thanks to it. And I tried to play it through three times. It's a disaster.
>>
>>265256882
GREEN AND PURPLE
>>
>>265257179
I'm a dumbass, please spell it out for me.

The speccy screenshot is like 2 years old too...
>>
>>265254365
Holy shit that gif.
>>
Game appears shallow. Apparently it's a beta so perhaps they are going to fill it in over the next few years.
>>
>>265257271
Your GPU and CPU are out of date, very out of date. but you should be able to play it if you turn a few of the settings down
>>
>>265256345
Meanwhile, your opinions are facts.
>>
>>265253235
Just by a fucking video card, anon.
It's a small investment, and suddenly you'll be able to play most games.
>>
>>265254365

10/10 gif. I didn't even notice it until people started commenting on it
>>
>>265257659
It's a store bought computer with an on board. Would I even be able to use a new GPU if I bought one?
>>
>>265252807
It's pretty good.
Combat could use a bit more of tactical complexity and graphics could be better, tho. But still, solid game so far.
>>265253142
>Why the fuck is this 22GB though?
That's super weird. I swear to god that Steam was announcing 22gb but only downloaded 9 GB. At the end of the day, my folder still take up 22GB, so idk, it reserve space of something.
>>
File: clean burning hell.gif (903 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
clean burning hell.gif
903 KB, 400x300
>disarm the nuke
>mfw returning to the temple
>>
I was trying not be a save scumming faggot my first time around but after I kept failing high percentage shit over and over I finally relapsed into fucking hitting f9 every oggdamn time I see anything.

Kinda takes the enjoyment out but also at the same time sustains it.
>>
will all this complaints... its still a better fallout then fallout 3 and nv
>>
>>265253857

My 2 shotgun characters used to be shit until I found two really good shotguns (Over Under, SOSG). The first one has insane AP/Damage ratio, the second has 18m range and pinpoint accuracy. Now they're like my best characters
>>
>>265258059
It's compressed I think.
>>
I like all the CRPGs we got so far. Especially Divinity Original Sin. But dammit, why did they have to make Pillars with RTwP combat? It looks
and plays like shit.
>>
>>265253235
>athlon ii x4
>integrated hd 4200

top kek. is your pc from the 1990s?
>>
>>265258595
2010 I think
>>
>>265258463
Ho. Maybe, it actually make sense and I should have think of that before.
>>
>>265253634
>shallowrun
>good

i was so fucking turned off by the utter mediocrity of shadowrun returns, please tell me the dlc turns the game into a proper pc game instead of a android port
>>
>>265254581
>PERKS

They were already in the beta version.
They were removed because they're shit.
>>
>>265255589
I want to be your friend
>>
>>265257375

why would that pc have trouble running wasteland 2?

have you seen the game?
>>
>>265258847
Sad but true, yes, kind of.
Dragonfall is much, much better than Dead Man's switch. Too bad we had to wait for a fucking expansion pack to have a more solid game, tho.
>>
>>265259247
Unity you imbecile, you do know what Unity is, right?
>>
File: dwarf fortress.png (469 KB, 1240x826) Image search: [Google]
dwarf fortress.png
469 KB, 1240x826
>>265259247
>why would that pc have trouble running Dwarf Fortress?

>have you seen the game?
>>
>>265259447
2 cats
>>
honestly im a bit dissapointed, the whole game seems to be fighting so far, i loved fallout cities full of people to talk to, quests, etc, haven't seen anything like that in wasteland 2 yet
>>
Why does the game look so fucking ugly

other than that the dialogue so far is good and it's a standart crpg

It's just jarring from jumping to original sin to this
>>
>>265260986
>i loved fallout cities full of people to talk to, quests, etc, haven't seen anything like that in wasteland 2 yet

Rail Cutter's Camp is fucking ginormous.

Hollywood is also pretty good, but it's on the small side. It has just as many quests as Rail Cutter though. Rodia is a comfortable middle.
>>
>frog at beginning of the game one shots every single one of my party members

what in the fuck? Did I miss something that I was supposed to pick up?
>>
>>265261778
It's weird it one shot them, but getting that Ranger companion as a fifth member right at the begining help a lot. She is way more powerful than your party member and can take a blow or two while your guys shoot the best.

Also, there's a stick of dynamite somewhere in the camp right outside the frog cave, it help a lot to kick the frog's ass.
>>
>>265255136
DivOS was my first real CRPG and I found it enjoyable immediately.
>>
Because it's shit.
>>
>>265252807
I'm liking it a lot so far, it really feels a lot like the older fallout games.
Shame it looks like ass though.
>>
>>265264885
I don't understand how it looks so bad considering it is 9gb download
>>
How are people having trouble with this?
All characters about level 13, about to go fuck up some robots in Damonta(or something) been tearing through motherfuckers.
Team is
Heavy Gunner
Assault
Sniper
Blade
Rose
Deth
And the green bitch.
>>
>>265265065
A lot of that is probably audio.
There's way more voice acting than I expected.
>>
>>265258558
Because Infinity Engine nostalgia goggles.

It's sad that they can't recognize it, but almost every system in these games sucked ass. Especially the combat system.
>>
>>265265153
>Deth
yeah about that
>>
>>265261778
>Did I miss something that I was supposed to pick up?

Apparently strength during character creation.
>>
>>265265728
Not that this turn based tripe is much better.
>>
>>265265816
I know, she left.
Don't care.
Gonna go grab Chisel.
>>
File: 1407396948430.png (312 KB, 489x563) Image search: [Google]
1407396948430.png
312 KB, 489x563
>>265265728
>Because Infinity Engine nostalgia goggles.
Get fucked I'd take that over turn based anytime.
>>
>>265254581
Go to options and use the HUD scaling to increase font size.

Holy shit are people massive faggots. Try experimenting with options rather than bitching about inane shit.
>>
>>265265728
>Baldurs Gate 2 was bad because my autist ass can't keep track of things.
>>
Just played 3 hours of this. Chara creation was the only fun I had with this so far...

-Dialogue has the talk options gimmick, but it's written as if you're expected to click every talk option in a row, so there's really nothing personified about it. You either click on every dialogue in order from left to right or you get confused in the conversation.
-Walk 20 seconds. Load. Walk on overworld. Random encounter. Load. Fight. Load. Overworld. Load. New area. Load. Overworld. Load. Load. Load. Load. Load.
-There is just generally no ergonomics applied to the interface or even controls. (Right click to move order, but hold down right click and you rotate camera...)
-The view perspective wants to give me a headache. You are zoomed in too much by default and it resets to this default after every load screen. When zooming out, the camera turns into top down perspective gradually, so you're always painfully limited in sight.
>>
>>265253340
You get the same amount of money on other difficulties too
>>
>install game
>start game
>guy tells me my mission
>"good luck"
>CTD
>uninstall.exe
>>
Anyone else run into the Provost? I ran into him near the derelict radio tower at Rail Nomad's. He was stranded out near a minefield. He randomly joins you in combat, and follows you around even when you leave the area. If you try to talk to him he'll spew out some latin. I tried bringing him to the railcar with the guy who comitted suicide trying to find the whatever armor and nothing happened. But he still follows me.

If he dies he drops some emblem of Minerva.

I'm not really sure what's going on here.
>>
>>265265854
>>265265896
It's ages better and more enjoyable.
>>
>>265266467
It's your usual Fargo's random citation.
>>
So what is better?

Do the AG center first or the other one?

Since I did AG center (I got to it first) so I imagine thats what most people did the first time around.
Anyone do the other?
>>
File: Wasteland2.jpg (6 KB, 273x138) Image search: [Google]
Wasteland2.jpg
6 KB, 273x138
Too busy playing it and rebooting my PC when it shits the bed again.
>>
>>265266839
AG Center will give you far more XP and money, but it's also way harder.
Highpool is a cakewalk.
>>
>>265266619
The system is still shaky, with useless skills, breakpoints galore and unbalances everywhere. Really, the good "builds" are some cookie cutter shit where all you change is what skill you choose.
>>265266839
No matter what you choose, it's gonna suck. The "starting" areas in this game are a pain due to the fact that your characters at low levels are limited as fuck.
>>
File: 1365738589178.png (65 KB, 355x328) Image search: [Google]
1365738589178.png
65 KB, 355x328
>>265266985
>higher levels
>100% hit chances everywhere
>100% even with headshot
>tons of ammo
>scopes and long range barrels on everything
>>
>>265266985
I dunno I've had extreme ease with them so far (on hard). Just cleared Darwin Village and now heading to the rail camp.
I didnt do that yet because I randomly found a cache of weapons on the map...and I wanted to find more. Then ended up around Darwin and just beat that.
So many fucking zombies.

I ltierally have people with free skill points that are unused because I don't need to focus on shit right now and there are almost no safes that I have not opened. Need to open a safe thats 'hard'? Oh let me use some of my like 30 points on that
>>
File: 1368743849288.jpg (28 KB, 429x399) Image search: [Google]
1368743849288.jpg
28 KB, 429x399
how is it in terms of bugs/performance and shit?
I feel like always waiting for a patch in games like this
>>
>>265267163
Had it crash once when trying to exit the game that's about it and I have a toaster running it.
>>
>>265259916
I only see one cat, two dogs, a water buffalo and a horse.
>>
>>265252807
It's full of bugs and it runs like ass if it doesn't happen to ctd in the first 5 minutes.
>>
>>265267156
My run in Ag Center was a enormous pain. The game went to something like "deal with six shitty bandits and one frog" to a dragged on dungeon full of poison, exploding enemies and animals with a staggering amount of speed and damage, while being short of ammo. With nothing in the middle to level up a bit, something like having a little more of those stupid missions. They still don't understand how bad their game are at low levels.
>>
>haven't crashed once
>19 hours in
Im enjoyting it, but its not amazing. I think I enjoyed Divinity more overall. Although neither seem very hard to me right now. But I know that the actual hardest difficulty is just "enemies have 9999 hp" rather than smarter (you know trying to kill my people rather than evenly shoot everyone for some reason)
>>
>>265267561
You are gonna love the mine.
>>
>>265267561
git gud
>>
>>265267561
Dem rabbits
>>265267616
>tfw did the mine at level 13
>tore through it
Badgers a shit
>>
>>265267689
There is nothing to get good at, just level up and shit damage left and right. Just like in FO.
>>
It's a shame armour has no on-character models, but the clothing options are pretty varied at least.
>>
File: 1411593119297.jpg (815 KB, 5224x4320) Image search: [Google]
1411593119297.jpg
815 KB, 5224x4320
>>265265153
>How are people having trouble with this?
>Deth

Well of course you aren't getting trouble if you use the "For casuals" mode
>>
>>265254421
I whing UI is okay, but camera is bad, especially in the buildings.
>>
>>265267762
Getting gud at this game is basically just learning how to build your character.
Do it right, and all the problems that the babbys in this thread are complaining about at early levels disappear.
>>265267864
Only picked her up around level ten.
She's not even that good.
My characters already outpaced her at that level.
>>
>>265254365
The original campaign is pretty rubbish compared to Dragonfall.
>>
>first area in the game
>enter cave
>4 fucking honey badgers 250/250
>can't run from combat
>autosave 30 minutes ago at the start of the zone
alternatively
>do everything again
>avoid badger rape cave
>enter a different cave
>toad wipes out the rangers in 4 rounds
seriously, fuck this game
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (13 KB, 463x72) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
13 KB, 463x72
The game grew on me and I'm having fun playing it. But in all honesty it would've benefited a lot from a different art direction. I'd prefer the ol' 2D sprites to this shitty Unity engine.
>>
>>265268113
Get rockets for badgers,
Rockets are the most op thing in the game.
Got through the badger cave at lv6 with 3 sabot rockets and a fuck ton of grenades.
>>
>>265268113
You seriously just suck.
How the fuck are you people dying to the fucking toad?
Christ, free-fire on it, spread your dudes, stick a tank with medic (Which you should fucking have) on it and boom, fight done.
>>
>>265268140
It just seems like they spent no money on the graphics, I don't think it's about 3D vs 2D...you get what you pay for.
>>
This is a little offtopic but please bear with me for a second, I played this game for about an hour and honestly fell in love with it, and after browsing a few threads about it on /v/ I've decided to also check out Divinirty Original Sin. Shadowrun Returns and the newer xcom games, are there any other games of this genre that I should check out? Thank you for your recommendation in advance
>>
Is it just me or does the game actually force you to min-max the fuck out of your characters and make each of them into a fucking autistic savant for a very narrow and specific use. I've been stuck at the character creation screen for the past hour now, trying to decide how to make my characters not completely useless besides those one or two things they do, and trying to anticipate which skills might be more useful in the long run since fuck if anyone ever gave me advice on that, and it's just driving me crazy. Somehow, I never had that problem with any Fallout game, or even the first Wasteland. It's like they deliberately made the character creation just to piss people off.
>>
At least the writing is semi-decent.
I'm enjoying the character and combat descriptions.
My biggest problem so far is that solving the rail conflict is easy as fuck.
As long as you don't let Ralphy drown and disarm the tin can bomb on the girls bike, you literally don't need to do anything else.
>>
>>265268290
>the elder gods ?
Runescape Torment, Baldurs Gate, Fallout 1-2
>>
>>265268260

Well on my first run I played on Ranger and toad was a problem because I didn't recruit Angela and didn't really invest much in combat stats.
On a subsequent run on Seasoned (which is what the devs recommend) it was a complete stomp with it not even reaching my party.
>>
Thinking about doing a kill everyone run and my team is nothing but ARs, how fucked am I?
>>
>>265268304
I'll help you out.
Each character needs at least 3 skill points per level, 8 action points, and 13 combat initiative( DO NOT IGNORE THIS STAT)

Each character should get 3 skills.
1 weapon skill
2 utility skills.
The off the bat important skills are
Lockpick
Medic
Computer
Surgery
Demolitions
Perception

Most other skills are pretty niche, but picking up safe-cracking and alarm disarm won't kill you.

Luck is a useless skill.
Weapon skill plays the vast majority for crits.
Do not increase CHA beyond 4.

Assault Rifles are by far the best weapons in the game.
>>
>>265268304
You have to focus them on a field and use the npcs to make up for your weaknesses.
This game is like Icewind dale you have to have a well focused group and fight as a team, no bullshit chosen one faggotry like dragon age.
For my team I have.
Leader-8int for more sp, ldsp, all 3 cha skills.
Scout/DM-10ap, demo, alarm disarm, outdoors.
Thief-10ap, lockpick, safe crack, brute.
Mechanic-9ap, toaster, mech repair, weaponsmith.
Got Rose from Ag center for the team medic and did badger cave early for lv17 chinese warrior.
Also you need ldsp skill to stop the ai from going rogue, quite a few times they run into mobs and die in 1 round.
>>
File: 1403910605372.gif (1004 KB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
1403910605372.gif
1004 KB, 300x167
>>265268418
>Runescape Torment
>>
>>265268650
Luck is a skill you don't want to fuck over for more cp.
Low luck makes you more prone to crit fails and weapon jamming.
Charisma is for social shit but also increases all xp gains so now charisma means you level up way slower.
>>
>>265268768
If you want a good build, than you need 1LCK, 1 CHA.
Luck is EASILY managed out by mods.
Cha just makes you level up a little slower, which is no problem, since the game throws massive amounts of XP at you.
>>
>>265254707
What things? I can't remember much from playing the first one since it's been fucking forever.
>>
>>265268941
>Luck is managed by mods
Are you talking luck items in game or using a cheat engine to fuck with the rules because if you are that much of a pussy then pull a vamp the masquerade and go all 10s in every character stat.
>>
>>265268650
>minmaxing like a tremendous faggot
What's the point of playing an RPG if you do this? I don't understand it
>>
>>265269061
what are weapon modifications
>>
>>265252807
Id talk about it if the game didn't run like shit on my toaster.
Which ironically can run Witcher 2 on medium at solid fps but cant run this PS2 graphics isometric trun based RPG wo half a minute freezes every time i open a menu or use an item.
And ironically i can play Div original sin just fine.
I might get more ram but am not sure if this game is lagging specifically because of my 3 gigs of ram.
>>
>>265268650
>Demolitions

Traps are fucking useless and do no goddamn damage and you can fucking shoot them what the fuck do you need demolitions for.
>>
>>265269061
Weapon mods, dude.
Although the save files are .xml, so it's not like you can't just open wordpad and change shit.
>>265269096
>old school RNG based CRPG
You're a fucking idiot.
Character optimization is key in these.
Not to mention that the actual "Role playing" of Wastelands 2 is shit.
>>
>>265269210
Stop playing on easy mode.
Demolition is on the list because you will use it more than literally any other skill besides perception.
Mines are fucking killer on higher difficulties.
>>
>>265259447

I see two dogs, a black wyrm, a frost giant, a shadow centipede, and a golden extra-terrestrial entity.
>>
File: Jew.jpg (24 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Jew.jpg
24 KB, 350x350
>There are playing Wasteland 2 RIGHT NOW who don't have a jew in their party with maxed barter skill
>>
>>265269158
>>265269256
Those help with the weapon jamming but those don't help with the random fuck you stat of luck messing with your crit fails.
Ive found just having 2 luck negates the bullshit constant fuck ups and the rabbit item gives luck to amp it to 3 which is really good for counter fucking the luck shit.
But if you wanted to fuck with the saves as another anon said then you can but to me that seems like being a massive pussy and not dealing with system and restrictions.
>>
>>265269405
Any REAL Jew would never take barter.
They would know that it's a terrible investment, and that you'd make MUCH more money with Weapon modding
>>
>>265269405
Didn't take a jew since there is no Gold Worship in religion.
>>
>>265269210

Demolitions is worth picking up even if u just want it as a source of XP.
>>
>>265266072
>You are zoomed in too much by default and it resets to this default after every load screen. When zooming out, the camera turns into top down perspective gradually, so you're always painfully limited in sight.

THIS

I've been enjoying the game so far but HOLY SHIT A THOUSAND FUCKING TIMES THIS.

Why can't I just zoom out? Why can't the default camera actually let me see what's in front of me? This is SO BAD that I'm actually considering giving up on a game that I'm otherwise having fun with just because I feel like i'm literally fighting against the camera all the time.
>>
>>265268140
this.
the game is awesome except for the shitty engine and extremely poor texture work.
>>
>get the 3 sludge things
>I get to the temple
>the fuckers want 6

fuck everything, I'm going on a murder spree
>>
>>265268650
>>265268657
Thanks for the info. I've spend some time in the general, as well as reading other places, and I think I've got a well-rounded starting team figured out. Now, one thing that I didn't find much info on is whether it's possible to boost stats in some ways, for example through implants or specific gear like in Fallout. It still pains me to make characters with less than average intelligence just so that they could be decent at other things, but hey, if I need to have a team of retards to make it work, what can I do.
>>
>>265252932
>Nobody likes it, /v/ has done nothing but dump on it,

so its actually a good game?
>>
Is there even a point in giving your chars any other weapons than assault rifles? So far they seem to outclass everything else so much it's not even funny. It's the same as in the new Shadowrun, where an AK makes you an unstoppable killing machine.
>>
>>265271304
Heavy weapons are very strong.

And you won't have enough ammo to equip everyone with an AR.

Also you can't use them at close range...
>>
File: basedTeam.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
basedTeam.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
pretty sure I spent most of the day after I bought it fucking around with the Character Creation Menu
>>
>>265267561
Sounds like you to git gud
>>
>>265271601
who didn't.
and then after spending those hours creating my chars I had to re-do them cause they turned out to be shit during combat. Welcome to wasteland motherfucker.
>>
File: wasteland2.jpg (75 KB, 521x320) Image search: [Google]
wasteland2.jpg
75 KB, 521x320
>>265252807
>>
>>265271730
So I guess the moral of the story is that you're going to get raped.
>>
What the fuck were they thinking when they decided to go with random loot in containers?

And it seems like all the safes use the same loot table regardless of difficulty?

Shit's retarded. This kind of thing really need to be hand-crafted.
>>
>>265271730
God dammit Sally
>>
>>265271831
perfectly normal
>>
File: bnrwcducqaew8ez.jpg (98 KB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
bnrwcducqaew8ez.jpg
98 KB, 800x1067
>>265271730
>>
>>265271706
Nah I did a serious loadout that's working pretty good at the moment

>Middle-aged frontiersman who used to be an Evangelist. Pretty much Team Leader/Assault
>Young atheist/wastrel that can fix up machines and talks like a Smart Ass. Intellectual character
>African Voodoo field Surgeon, good animal whisperer. Pretty much team medic.
>Russian girl who spent childhood being used and abused by raiders, finds refuge with Sikh caravan traders who taught her Shastara Vidiyā, so she can handle a blade well. Best melee person
>>
Is it me or is WL2 not optimized very well for the graphics it has?
>>
>>265272198
It's because of unity.
>>
>>265272198
It's Unity.
>>
>>265272198
Yeah, it runs and looks like shit.
>>
>>265272136
I wish I could RP that well, my characters are always bland gun toting Rangers
>>
So I got to the cave with the huge frog and the robot. My guy says he can pull something out of the robot, and general Whatshisface on the radio said I should bring a part back. But I can't seem to get anything from him, do I need a skill for that or something?
>>
File: chani.jpg (73 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
chani.jpg
73 KB, 256x256
What should I give Chani besides Bladed Weapons skills?
>>
File: groanzone.jpg (779 KB, 1063x1600) Image search: [Google]
groanzone.jpg
779 KB, 1063x1600
>>265272136
>roleplaying in a roleplaying game
>>
>>265272327

Take 30 minutes to build a cast of characters its not hard.
>>
>>265272136
>Russian Sikh Rogue

dang
>>
>hmm I should have a sniper character
>smartass 2 of course
>probably atheist
>charisma too
>name
>Sev

I didn't even realize until the name part. Goddammit, I miss you Sev
>>
>>265272365
Computer science.
>>
>>265272620
oh ok then

thanks
>>
File: wow dude.jpg (18 KB, 202x235) Image search: [Google]
wow dude.jpg
18 KB, 202x235
>Go to AG Center first
>Kill every monster in there, do all the side quests
>Complete every side objective, be the nicest guy around
>Leave
>Find out hours later that Rose could have been a recruit able medic NPC follower
>I missed out on the chance because I looted her room before talking to her
>Would have to go back hours of progress

FUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKK YOOOOOOOOU ROSE. I SAVED EVERYONE IN YOUR STUPID FUCKING AGRICULTURAL BULLSHIT AND YOU'RE STILL MAD AT ME BECAUSE I CHECKED THROUGH SOME BOXES YOU WOULD HAVE LET ME CHECK ANYWAYS IF I TALKED WITH YOU FIRST? FUCK OFF.
>>
>>265272448
>besides Bladed Weapons skills?
Something useful?
>>
>>265272365
didnt you find the leg earlier
>>
>>265272448
Probably something medical related, or outdoorsman, seeing as she would be familiar with deserts
>>
>>265272690
I did but the corpse itself has something
>>
>>265272661
She's not that good, you're not missing much.
>>
>>265272661
she's shit anyway
if you dont already have a medic then you fucked up
>>
>>265272686
>not charging into Wrecker camp with a katana
>>
>>265272661
She the one with the shotgun? Think I played with her in the Beta, bitch kept blasting my own teammates
>>
>>265272770
Enjoy it while while not everyone has high armor.
>>
I'm new to CRPGs but I'm enjoying the shit out of Wasteland 2 even though I play on easy. If I was to look more into the newer games should I get Shadowrun or DivOS or something completely different?
>>
>>265272837
Nope, she has a terrible pistol that is pretty much a shotgun however.
>>
>>265272880
shadowrun is dogshit for tablets

get DivOS
>>
>>265272837
it's a handgun that uses shotgun ammo
it has huge spread and short range
she's useless
>>
>>265253634
>even shadowrun was mediocre at worst
Original release was plain and utter shit.
>100% linear experience
>JRPG quality dialogs and almost no gameplay
>terribly broken RPG system that mostly did nothing.
>interface issues, general usability issues because of ipad port

The game was very clearly released with casual audience in mind and was a fucking wreck.
>>
File: Crying of laughter.jpg (74 KB, 331x319) Image search: [Google]
Crying of laughter.jpg
74 KB, 331x319
>Enemies shoot each other when aiming for me
Cracks me up every fucking time
>>
>>265272972
It's alright at first, as long as you don't try to hold on to the thing much past AG Center.
>>
>>265253984
>>On medium explosives are quite rare
only in the begging. I was getting grenades/rockets on every map after the first few missions

And jesus christ, the last 25% of the game are are so unfinished it's seriously turning me off. I've met more gamebreaking/near gamebreaking bugs in the last 10 hours than in previous 50.
>>
>>265273164
>Between two enemies, all right next to each other
>One of the enemies shoots twice
>Both shots miss me and hit the other enemy
>>
>>265253634

>DLC costs more than the base game

While I agree it's way better than the base game, fuck that shit.
>>
Hows the first 1 game ?
>>
>>265258059
The game has 20GB of unity 3d map files that can compress to like 30-50% of their normal size. For example, just the Arizona world map alone is like 1 gigabyte uncompressed.
>>
>>265273327
Where does the last 25% begin? I haven't run into many glitches at all, sometimes dialogue seems to bug out a bit but that's about it. And one time an enemy got stuck spinning in circles without using any AP so I had to load a save because I never got a turn.
>>
Game has some issues and is a bit janky but overall I think it is pretty good after the 30 or so hours I have spent with it.

It is nowhere near as bad as /v/ likes to say but it also isnt as good as most damage control people aay either. As with all things the truth lies somewhere in between.
>>
>>265273164
>enemy shoots
>misses
>haha fuck you
>the bullet flies like 10 grids moee and hits my guy that's getting resurrected permakilling him

Fuck you game, just fuck you.

Personalty i love watching enemy heavy weapon users
>shoots one bullet and jams
>reloads
>shoots 2 bullets and jams
>reloads
>shoots one bullet and jams

And that's why heavy weapons are shit.
>>
>>265272661
To be fair, she tells you the moment you walk into the room not to touch shit.
>>
To chime in on the Shadowrun thing tge initial release was bad but Dragonfall DC is so much fucking better it is unbelievable. Should have been the initial release.

Is anyone having performance issues with Wasteland 2? I have a 3770K and a 680 and some areas drop to 30fps. Its weird and annoying.
>>
>Happy Valley
>a guy is digging a big hole in which there's already a body of a woman
>ask him why he's digging such a big hole
>because he wants to crawl in besides her when he's nearly done
>ask for her name
>Messi, a woman I didn't deserve (or something like that)

Christ, I never wanted to feel like shit. You can bet your ass I purged the RSfags.
>>
>>265273638
>And that's why heavy weapons are shit.
Then enemies get good ones and wreck your shit with it.
>>
>>265253786
>but is still the better overall weapon because fuck Assault Rifles are OP.
Sniper are amazing through the early parts of the game and then quickly fall out of favour.
>>265253857
>>I'll be damned if I can figure out how to make shotguns great though.
You use multiple shotguns on one character to not bother with reloading.
The great thing about shotguns is that they use very little AP and you can get many hits within 9-10 points.
Flintlock pistol and overunder carry early and mid game if you combine them with another shotgun for when they run out of ammo. My dedicated shotgun user could get 4 AOE shots that way and then 3 in the following ones and that was easily more damage output than AR could do.
Then shotguns sort of fall appart because everything is armored and they deal like no damage until you get jackhammer or spas (spas is shitty though). I still carry a second shotgun to use up all the ap though.

Jackhamemr is scariest fucking weapon in the game when it comes to crowd control.

But brawling is the most absurdly broken and overly powerful shit in the game. Seriously, who thought that 600 damage per turn is a good idea.
>>
>>265273843
>Its weird

No it's not, it's fully expected.
Welcome to Unity.
>>
>>265273907
I figured as much to be honest.

Unity has potential for people making games easily but god damn does it need some work.
>>
Has anyone found a use for Bobby's BB Gun? It's not flagged as junk so there should be something you can do with it.
>>
>>265274124
Have you tried giving it to Bobby
>>
>>265274124
Those items you need to find someone to hand them to.
Most of the time its the curator or Captain Mercaptain.
>>
>>265274014
That's the reason it's royalty free, Unreal Engine might be better than Unity but you need to pay a portion of your profits back to Epic games. I am pretty sure Brian Fargo, after finally finding a way to get away from publishers, was not going to give up any profits to engine makers.
>>
>>265273854
You hear the faint sound of a gunshoot coming from one of the farms you visited
>>
>>265273854
Dude shot himself when you left
>>
>>265274219
Well they are using Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity engine for Torment ToN so hopefully it wont be buggy as fuck.
>>
>>265274259
>>265274231

I know. It's why I was so fucking mad.

I just removed everything that was Red Skorpion.

If the game had an option to capture them and toss them to honey badgers later on, I'd have done that.
>>
>>265254365
>everybleachplot.gif
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.