[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Rise & Fall of Sega
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12
What happened /v/?

I always feel like console gaming/gaming in general went to shit after Sega exited the console market/stopped giving a shit.

Why are they so damn xenophobic? Sega was founded in America..Where are my damn localizations? I heard rumors of Sammy being ran by a high ranking Yakuza..would that explain all of the yakuza games that got green lit while games like shenmue hd/PSO got shafted?
>>
>>261517549

Poor management, internal politics, xenophobia, racism, just about everything that went wrong, went wrong.

Oh and you have a stupid fucking lying psychotic nigger on YouTube and gaming forums screaming that SEGA will come back as "SEGA Orbi Enterprises."
>>
>>261518429
>Oh and you have a stupid fucking lying psychotic nigger on YouTube and gaming forums screaming that SEGA will come back as "SEGA Orbi Enterprises."

>SEGA Orbi

The fuck is that? Care to elaborate anon?
>>
>>261517549
guess i'll create a new thread since this one is going to 404
>>
There's actually a pretty interesting (if shittily written) book on the Sega / Nintendo rivalry during the 16 bit era called Console Wars by Blake Harris. The main takeaway from it is that Sega of Japan got SERIOUSLY jealous when Sega of America made the Genesis a huge success here and started demanding more control over hardware and software decisions. Remember that Yuji Naka actually left SOJ because he couldn't deal with their bullshit and SOA set him up with his own studio here to make Sonic 2. The book has tons of anecdotes about SOJ making just totally fucked up, idiotic business decisions and SOA president Tom Kalinske having to deal with them.
>>
>>261519579
>Sega of Japan got SERIOUSLY jealous when Sega of America made the Genesis a huge success here and started demanding more control over hardware and software decisions.

Why are they such fucking babies? I'm sure if SOA were in charge we would see a lot more interesting titles from them.

Thanks for the book recommendation btw.
>>
>>261519579
And then Yuji Naka more or less killed Sega Technical Institute, which killed the Saturn in the US because WHOOPS. NO SONIC XTREME.

Sega shitting the bed has mostly to do with Kalinske being the only person at Sega who wasn't a retard.
>>
>>261519975
That's pretty fucking sad.
>>
>>261520192
Sega has amazing internal teams like AM2, but something is seriously wrong when Yu Suzuki left Sega.
>>
File: Terraformar_evil_smile.jpg (209 KB, 1026x944) Image search: [Google]
Terraformar_evil_smile.jpg
209 KB, 1026x944
>>261517549
Who's that big-headed dude with sunglasses in the second row?
>mfw I know the rest
Some major characters still missing
>>
>>261520406
Doesn't Yu still do some work with Sega? Was there ever an in depth explanation from either parties as to what happened with Yu?
>>
File: apharmd4.jpg (49 KB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
apharmd4.jpg
49 KB, 500x420
>>261517549
Sega is like ubisoft of japan.
Talented devs make great games and horrible executives from hell drives all those games into fucking dirt with retarded decisions and policies.

I duno, shit's sad.
>>
Kid Chameleon
>>
>>261521024
Thanks mate, gotta catch up on that.
>>
File: hope.png (98 KB, 909x675) Image search: [Google]
hope.png
98 KB, 909x675
p-please sega
>>
>>261518910

I second this.
>>
>>261520627
His last game at Sega was PsyPhi, which was canceled after it was actually finished.

His last game in general was Shenmue City, which was a mobile game. It was a neat one though, but it ended a while back.
>>
>>261521265
Not this shit again
Did you forget how they localized BB and PSU?
Can't you even tell by SEA version of PSO2?
Western release will be fucking abomination that won't even get the half of content because copyright issues.
Just get translation patch, set up your trusty VPN and roll jap version.
>>
>Sega will never make another console and save with industry with wacky arcade games
>>
>>261519579
>Console Wars by Blake Harris
>http://www.amazon.com/Blake-J.-Harris/e/B00J5HFVF8
>Blake J. Harris is a writer and filmmaker based out of New York. He is currently co-directing the documentary based on his book, which is being produced by Scott Rudin, Seth Rogen, and Evan Goldberg. He will also serve as an executive producer on Sony's feature-film adaptation of Console Wars.
>Sony's feature-film adaptation of Console Wars.
Oh, boy.
>>
File: 1399152987722.jpg (98 KB, 891x810) Image search: [Google]
1399152987722.jpg
98 KB, 891x810
>>261522029

>mfw those controller patents got me hyped
>>
Sega and Sammy merging is the final nail in the coffin
>>
File: hotline-miami-2-gameplay.jpg (271 KB, 610x347) Image search: [Google]
hotline-miami-2-gameplay.jpg
271 KB, 610x347
>>261522261
me too anon..me too
>>
So about the dreamcast...
>>
>>261522632
what about it?
>>
>>261520595
Kid Chameleon
>>
>>261522242
Oh, no, I'm sure the movie(s) will suck shit. The book kind of sucks shit too. He's a lousy writer. But it has good, interesting info in it.
>>
File: 287409_0.jpg (6 KB, 192x144) Image search: [Google]
287409_0.jpg
6 KB, 192x144
>>261522261
>>
>>261523039
Why is it one of the best systems ever?
>>
>>261523361
>Sega Aurora

>Release date 3/3/2017

>Launch titles
>Jet set radio 3
>Shenmue 3
>Sonic Adventure 3
>Vectorman 3
>PSO 3
>>
>>261523217
I saw it in my local bookstore. I still don't want it. I just think that the book would somehow spin some Sonygger narrative. See Machinima's DMC documentary with the pro-DmC stance.
>>
Sega could produce some major quality and succeed a lot more if they got their shit together
>>
>>261523927
>Sega could produce some major quality and succeed a lot more if nintendo bought their ips

FTFY
>>
>>261517549
>I always feel like console gaming/gaming in general went to shit after Sega exited the console market/stopped giving a shit.

Don't kid yourself. SEGA was relevant for exactly one gen. Their rise inflated the Japanese division's ego and those xenophobic fucks thought they could do no wrong. They believe people would eat whatever the fuck they spit out.
>>
File: suku-fan.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
suku-fan.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
What was his name again?
>>
>>261524058
>SEGA was relevant for exactly one gen

3 gens young man. Sega master system, Genesis, and DC (Which broke console sale records on launch)
>>
>>261522242

>Sony's feature-film adaptation of Console Wars.
>Oh, boy.

Don't worry man. Sony Pictures hates Sony Entertainment as much as Nintendrones hates Sonyggers.

Sony is just as incompetent as SEGA.
>>
>>261524192
Faksu-San

Anus-San

Ryu-San
>>
File: 1397052896809.gif (1 MB, 858x570) Image search: [Google]
1397052896809.gif
1 MB, 858x570
>>261522242
>Scott Rudin, Seth Rogen, and Evan Goldberg

EVERYTIME
>>
>>261523852
Just came*
*From wishful thinking
>>
>>261523889
I found the book to be fairly non-biased, it mostly suffers from Harris inserting his authorial voice a bit too much, and a lot of badly written, Wednesday night sitcom tier dialogue. If you want to get the gist of the book without buying it, look up the Sega Nerds' interviews with Al Nielsen and Tom Kalinske on youtube, they're good stuff.
>>
File: 1361355361919.gif (1 MB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1361355361919.gif
1 MB, 150x150
>>261523852
>>261524632

Why would you want modern day SEGA to touch any of those properties?

Chances are they'll out source them all to some shit tier devs while they pour all their money into Sonic and still fuck it up because they need to rush it out in time for the holiday season.
>>
File: Gamer of the Year.jpg (17 KB, 195x250) Image search: [Google]
Gamer of the Year.jpg
17 KB, 195x250
You have 10 seconds to fire Tom Kalinske because your "bros" at Japan HQ are butt hurt over his success.

How do you fire him? Do you even have the heart to do it /v/?
>>
>>261525078
>How do you fire him?

I don't
>>
>>261518910
>>261521410

There's this over 30 year old man child black shit from Texas, who constantly reads any trademarks and patents online, looking for any fucking clue and information of "SEGA's return."

The way he acted on the sega-16 forums, and the dc-talk forums (both filled with idiots), he was trying to act like some messiah preaching the return of SEGA, and some people actually believed it.

One of the trademarks that popped up last year was Orbi. So this guy ended up reading the trademark and read stuff like "cutlery" and "jewellery". What Orbi was in the end was an experimental exhibit SEGA is going to open with the BBC for their "Earth" documentries.

This guy however, was screaming how everything here is "limitless" and believed it's SEGA trying to get into every single market and dominate them to get their "revenge" on Sony. Yes, he constantly uses terms like revenge, trying to make it look like a personal vendetta or something. So he was literally making shit up, saying that SEGA will break away from Sammy and form "SEGA Orbi Enterprises" and they will announce it at E3 2013. Of course, he was wrong, but he snapped and yelled at everyone on SEGA-16 forums saying that they were wrong and he was right.

He's this...extremely autistic manchild fanboy and has been wrong every single time for at least 3 or 4 years. But no, he keeps persisting on it and even threatens people, saying they're trolls who want to see SEGA die, he accused one user of being someone else, with absolutely no proof.

Hell, he got banned on the official SEGA forums, for starting this "SEGA is starting a new console and new company" stuff for years. YEARS, always wrong. ALWAYS WRONG. But he keeps thinking he can't do anything wrong and he's always right. He got banned from SEGA-16 forums for breaking his promises that he will never mention Orbi, again. He was banned from DC-talk for the same old shit.

(continued)
>>
File: 1407624964348.jpg (432 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1407624964348.jpg
432 KB, 2048x1536
>>261525249

Anon, you don't have a choice. It's your destiny. The only change you have in the manner is how you do it.
>>
>>261525296
Waiting on you
>>
>>261525296

Oh and to add to this, you know what he blammed his banning from the SEGA forums on? He blamed it on two people who were in charge of SEGA in 1995 or something like that. People who have no affiliation whatsoever with this person...they were getting blamed for his actions.

He also screamed that the Playstation 4 doesn't exist, and only Sony fanboys were preaching that, on the Gamespot comments section.

Hell, he blames some of SEGA's problems on "entitled israelite console warriors" for saying they want Shenmue 3 on Playstation and shit like that. Trying to blame people from Israel for SEGA's problems.

It's a huge fucking mess, and this is only part of the story of the bullshit he has done. He goes by tornado1994 on YouTube, MrSega on Sega-16. SegaOrbi, lindbergh2007. He has a ton of nicknames on different sites, and he preaches the same shit and makes up ANYTHING and actually believes it.

Worst part though? Some SEGA fanboys are so delusional, they are willing to believe him, because he is saying the things that they want to hear, even though he has been wrong for years, never right.

Hell, just read the description of this YouTube video, it has everything on this guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZMYXY_0ixo

tl;dr - Psychoic over 30 year old SEGA fanboy misreads trademarks and patents, creates ridiculous lies and stories about video game companies, and preaches them as the second coming of SEGA, wanting "revenge" on Sony.
>>
>>261523852

Persona 5 Gold Aurora exclusive
>>
>>261526285
Yes, yes, delusional fanboys will be delusional fanboys.

There's plenty on here as well.
>>
>>261526536

>Persona 5 will be a 3DS exclusive
>>
>>261526285
>Trying to blame people from Israel for SEGA's problems.

He might be on to something
>>
>>261526536

That is true, but...this guy takes it to another level. This is beyond being a delusional fanboy. This is someone with an actual mental issue.

Hell, if you read the comments for the Orbi trailer on SEGA's Youtube...guess who is making shit up in the comments and doesn't recite any sources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnyDxhod5yo
>>
>>261526285
Is that the sniper from tf2?
>>
Well, Sega lasted until the sixth generation, and the generation immediately after that was a travesty.
May or may not have been a coincidence.
>>
>>261529661
yup
>>
Shouldn't have tried to start a war with Nintendo. It just won't end well.

Sega tried it. Now they are bankrupt.
Sony tried it. Now they are losing billions of dollars and are a shadow of the company they were before. Sony's stock is actually worth less now than it was worth in 1994.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.