[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>used to watch Let's Plays quite a bit on youtube years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: twitch4.jpg (34 KB, 800x441) Image search: [Google]
twitch4.jpg
34 KB, 800x441
>used to watch Let's Plays quite a bit on youtube years ago
>decide to watch some recently
>everyone's moved to twitch
>find one of my favorites on twitch and watch his videos
>gameplay constantly interrupted by people tipping
>player has to spend minutes feigning earnest jubilation every time he gets a tip
>fake laughter at the stream chat's shitty meme jokes

I don't get twitch, it's shit.
>>
People don't watch twitch for the games.
>>
>>260714332
lonely autism giving money for a moment of attention and to feel like they belong in a group.

also the subscriber noises are there for classic conditioning
>>
Twitch takes shitposting to levels /v/ can't even fathom.
>>
>>260714494

Then what is it for?

I thought it was justin.tv's game section. I know it's morphed quite a bit since those days and all, but isn't it still about games?
>>
>lobos plays that stupid fucking dog video every time someone subscribes
>>
>>260714332
NEW SUB HYPE!!!!

I hate it
>>
I only watch twitch for ddrjake, honestly.
he seems pretty laid back about this whole buisness.
>>
>>260714332

Oh wow, thank you so much jihadihadi911 for your $2 tip. It means so much and you don't know just how greatf... OH SNAP, Respectfull nodder? Man, thanks for the sub, welcome to the family. Hit him with the pandafaces guys.Enjoy your custom emotes.
>>
>>260715106
it used to be mostly games orientated but now it's all about dem twitch bux and getting people to stay, interacting with the chat, answering question and thanking subs even if you have to interrupt gameplay for it.
>>
File: twitchchat.png (459 KB, 500x668) Image search: [Google]
twitchchat.png
459 KB, 500x668
>>260714332

It's about live interaction, and hearing your favorite caster read shitty copy pasta people make them read. Actually, there's a twitch channel for all different styles of casting. It's the variety that makes it great.
>>
>>260715838
oh god, I remember when Man v game had less than 1k viewers. It was interesting being introduced to hard games and then playing them myself.

now he pauses every 5 seconds to talk to chat for 3 minutes.
>>
>>260716290
yeah, it became more like a business and not the laid back model it used to have.
can't blame the streamers though but then again all those people streaming their shitty/boring gameplay but hey.. atleast they enjoy it
>>
People who donate like that shit.
People who get donations like happy donors.
It makes sense when you think about it.
>>
All the interrupting and low quality content is annoying. Twitch is fine if you avoid the garbage. Personally I stick to the fighting game tournaments and a handful of speedrunners.
>>
I'm watching this guy and he's just walking around in a circle talking about all the tips he's getting, giving cringe-worthy thanks. What the fuck, play the game.

And do these people seriously have nothing better to spend their money on? I can understand the 5-20 dollar tips, it's fair enough, but then you get 10 people in a row tipping over a hundred bucks. Like, fuck.
>>
>>260716621
Yeah, I'd probably sell out too if the Twitch bucks were high but damn, I check back every once in a while and he looks so miserable sometimes.

I miss his laid back stream.
>>
>>260714332
There are good streamers and there are terrible streamers, good chats and fuck awful chats.

"Competitive" games and LPs are typically the worst, and even worse when they're big. I usually don't even bother looking at a chat if it's over 3000 people; hell, 1000 usually looks like 12 year olds trying to be loud and funny. Maybe try some mid-size streams at 200-800 people where they're still about the stream even if they do get subs/donations every 20 minutes.
>>
>WoW streamer "Ducksauce"
>Presents a daily show on Twitch called "Breakfast with Ducksauce"
>He turns on his stream
>Plays a Ducktales parody song
>We're then treated to him looking at his twitter stream for an hour while he drinks coffee and runs into an endless stream of thanking subs and donators
>Doesn't talk about WoW at all.
>Isn't good in any way at WoW
>After this, he boots up hearthstone (Still classing himself as a WoW channel)
>Proceeds to go 1-3 in arena
>Thanks more subs
>Logs off

This fucker is the most popular WoW streamer when he's online (No soda or Baj to go up against).

Who are these fuckers who constantly throw money at him?
>>
>>260717486
Living in the parent's basement and never going out is cheap
>>
This new trend of popups and noises when people donate pushed it over the edge for me. I can't stand watching those streams anymore.
>>
>>260717212

The guy I'm watching only has about 200 viewers right now. He was never all that popular, even on youtube. But he's got this fanbase of autists, which was fine on youtube since you could just ignore them.
>>
>>260717756
A single look at this guys stream would indicate that the place where he is streaming, in no way could be a basement. Or at his parents place for that matter.
>>
>>260717486
Same kind of people who watch Giantbomb videos.
They like to pretend they have friends.
>>
>>260718106

Pretty sure he was talking about the people tipping, not the streamer.
>>
>>260717176
I used to watch some of his early streams but not really frequently. Same goes for the DansGaming or whatever it's called. The chats used to be more mature imo. I don't know.. I just don't like the whole shift to more professional streams because this whole comfy feel some channels were built around is away.
>>
>>260718039

Who?
>>
'Donations' make me sick. Why they fuck are people donating to you, they should be donating that money to charity or paying their rent.
>>
Sadly there's essentially no channel that has every combination of things.

If a streamer essentially ignores chat/gives 0 fucks about subs, the chat devolves into awful spam shit. Else you have a streamer who puts submode on 24/7 and sucks dicks for donations.
>>
>>260718553
Because they get their donations read out on the stream and all their cool chat friends know they're the hot shit now.
>>
>>260718553
i don't think donating is wrong but stop fucking pausing the game and reading them. i don't watch a stream to hear some asspie's comments.

"uhh, i'm sorry this isn't that much but i think you are awesome and i hope you enjoy it"

keep the donations to yourself or thank them at the end of stream
>>
>>260718553
as a streamer myself it makes no sense

but how can you say no to somebody who wants to give you some of their hard earned money for doing nothing more than playing video games?
>>
>>260718490

OverTheGun. The tipping's slowing down now, although someone just gave him $200, but the whole feel of the stream is much different than his old videos.

Like you can tell he's doing this to please others, there's little humour or fun involved in it. It's a job to these people now, and good on them I guess. If autists are willing to pay then it's a pretty sweet job I guess. Doesn't make for good viewing if you're relatively well-adjusted though.
>>
There's a couple of Final Fantasy speedrunners I know of who don't have donation buttons even though they're popular and people would donate for sure. CaracarnVI and Puwexil.
>>
>>260714332

you're obviously watching the wrong people.

People like Kripp don't give a fuck about subs, donations, or viewer counts.
>>
>>260714332
you just summed up some shitty csgo player that has family guy audio clips for subscriber notifications playing nonstop and the endless thanking like a prostitute
>>
>>260718553

because if i donate money that pretty girl on stream has to fake happiness because of me and say my name.
>>
File: 1400647703064.jpg (46 KB, 479x322) Image search: [Google]
1400647703064.jpg
46 KB, 479x322
>watching Twitch megastreams
>not small /v/ streams without subscription requests, donation tickers, facecams, and faggotry

Your problem is that you're a retard. There are dozens of /v/irgin-run and populated streams on the internet. I'm not talking about shit like Vinesauce either, they're cancer too.
>>
>>260719559

Maybe, but I'm old and stuck in my ways, it's hard to get into new things now. It's easier to watch the people I'm familiar with, it's just too bad their all shit now.
>>
File: 1398082781602.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1398082781602.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
>>260720067
>/v/irgin-run and populated streams

yeah I'll stick to twitch thanks
>>
The trick is to sort streams in reverse order, with the unpopular ones at the top of the list.
>>
I wish Monotonetim would stream more. Him and Boshytime. I miss Hotbloodedgaming and Michael1985 also. Hell, I miss many people. ;_;
>>
>>260720067
I do do that but sometimes they get popular with their 200 viewers and the taste of sub bucks and then welp, gotta find someone else.

I'm glad you are making $100 a month but stream quality starts to plummet as the streamer is no longer themselves.
>>
NewLegacy Inc owns
>>
I only use twitch to watch fighting game tournaments. Otherwise I don't see the point of watching others play games.
>>
File: 1407359602041.jpg (8 KB, 238x279) Image search: [Google]
1407359602041.jpg
8 KB, 238x279
>>260720351

>preferring Twitch to /v/ streams

Tone it down anon, you're outing yourself as a redditor.
>>
>browsing twitch for some fun streamer to watch late at night
>new streamer comes online in my favorite stream game
>he is moving around like he is high on coke
>he talks like those annoying radio show hosts
>people subs
>starts spewing out some 1minute rap jingle
>another person subs
>the same thing happens
>by this point I am too mad to stop watching
>he continues with adhd/pewdiepie acting and the same sub shit over and over

If only these people got ddosed/"harassed" instead of the good streamers.

Don't want to shill but kripparian is a good streamer when it comes to streaming, no mention of followers/subs/donations and he doesn't put on an act.
>>
I streamed for a while and had no issue playing the game as I talked, but I also used to host fighting game events, and would discuss any issues with the players as I was playing, maybe I am just good at multitasking
>>
>>260720551
>Have about 6k followers, average 300-400 viewers
>Don't read donations on stream
>Spend at most 5 seconds thanking new subscribers without stopping the game
Am I okay?
>No follower/subscriber notifications
>Facecam, but small but not covering anything
>>
>>260721282
Holy fuck I butchered that post, didn't mean to quote and cut the greentext like that.
>>
I was thinking of streaming on Twitch, without commentary.. games like iRacing, Train Fever, Railroad Tycoon, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Trackmania - would there be an audience for that? Or do I have to surrender to being a camerawhore?
>>
>>260721529

If you're gonna begin streaming, hit up Hitbox. Twitch's reputation is decaying fast, and it sucks for up-and-coming streamers anyways.
>>
>>260720068
You have to understand that the only people who want to watch other people play old games are either autists or oldfags.

Oldfags aren't going to pay some dickhead to play streams since they're not retarded, but autists are happy to spend their basementbux on a streamer in the vain hopes that they can feel cool for half a second by being acknowledged by the object of their obsession
>>
>>260721529
a very small one, you would also have to advertise outside of twitch because games like that don't get frontpage often at all
also, if you're going to go voiceless and camless you better make damn sure your stream quality is top-notch and you're good at what you play
>>
>>260721698
>If you're gonna begin streaming, hit up Hitbox.

Thanks man, I will do that.

>>260721726
>you better be damn good

I'm somewhat of a prodigy at racing simulators, but they require full concentration so no commentary possible.
>>
I am so angry at the popups and noises and gameplay interruptions, but I am so happy that v agrees.

A lot of you may have heard of a speed runner named firedragon764. This past summer he started getting big. He never used to do any of that subscriber/donator dicksucking, but now he's one of the worst offenders. Fifi, if you read this, stop it!
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.