[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ridley in smash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: Ridley_SSBB.jpg (79 KB, 397x305) Image search: [Google]
Ridley_SSBB.jpg
79 KB, 397x305
Let's talk about ridley possibilities in smash Bros 4,
First,the shadow that behaves like he is a playable character doing side special, spotting in the platform and then jumping
The comparative of the size between Samus, yes Samus, and little Mac,
The fact that sakurai dont even mention him as a boss or something
WHat do you think?
>>
File: 1409110706752.jpg (64 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1409110706752.jpg
64 KB, 500x280
>"13 years of no Smash"
>"4 more years!"
>>
File: Daily Remember.gif (652 KB, 450x120) Image search: [Google]
Daily Remember.gif
652 KB, 450x120
Anthony thread.
>>
File: smas.jpg (174 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
smas.jpg
174 KB, 1280x720
That shadow was Metalface, OP.
>>
>>260698346
I'm talking about the pyrosphere shadow hahah
>>
>>260698346
Metal Face confirmed for playable.
>>
>>260698812
He may be a stage boss
>>
I bet sakurai regrets that whole melee opening now.

Is that where this all started
>>
>>260699191
Melee's world premier unveiling with that opening at E3 had people cheering when Ridley appeared, so probably.
>>
>>260699416
Ridley is the villain they need in smash
>>
>>260697575
Ridley is going to be a stage hazard and nothing else.
I would like to play as Ridley as a character who is best in the air, much like Little Mac is a character who is best on the ground, but it doesn't seem likely to happen.
The only reason Sakurai hasn't confirmed one way or the other is because he knows the discussion and hype just the possibility of Ridley being a playable character causes.
Still, maybe the trend of "Boss in previous game becomes playable in next game" will continue.
Smash 64 had Metal Mario and in Melee we gained the Metal Box.
Melee had Giga Bowser as the ultimate boss in Adventure Mode, Bowser's Final Smash in Brawl was transforming to Giga Bowser.
Brawl had Ridley as a boss character in SSE, Smash for 3DS/Wii U doesn't have Ridley as a playable character

If anything, I think Tabuu is more likely to become a playable character than Ridley.
>>
I'm pretty sure that sakurai looks 4chan everyday
>>
>>260700180
>implying /v/ and /vg/ are the only places "Ridley in Smash!" is a thing
>>
>>260697575
Holy shit, you people are delusional
>shows ridley's shadow while talking about how there will be bosses on other stages
>THIS PROVES HE'S NOT A STAGE BOSS
>>
File: Not Ridley.png (277 KB, 385x254) Image search: [Google]
Not Ridley.png
277 KB, 385x254
>>
>>260700608
So why pit isn't there?
>>
>>260700608
Man, I guess Pit, Palutena, and R.O.B are cut too.

Damn...

Also why didn't the leaker from this leak anything else besides this one screen? We might have seen the characters not on the CSS Leak.
>>
Low and behold, Ridley is big as shit.
>>
>>260699416
They were cheering for Samus because she hadn't had a game in years.
>>
>>260697575
>>First,the shadow that behaves like he is a playable character doing side special, spotting in the platform and then jumping
no he doesnt
he behaved closer to to the yellow devil just moving from the right side of the stage to the right
>>
>>260701093
Bowser is big as shit, olimar is small as shit, Kirby is small as shit
Size does not matter in this game
>>
>>260701198
Why do people always say this? She was in 64, she didn't have a game in years back then, and she still didn't at Melee. There was no change, no reason fr them to cheer Samus.
>>
>>260701371
I'm op, why he does not attack?
>>
>>260701541
Did they show the SSB64 opening at E3 or something?
>>
File: tailblade.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1657) Image search: [Google]
tailblade.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1657
>>260697575
if he turns out to be just a boss, he's a lousy boss and a downgrade from his brawl performance in how passive he is.

>But allstar from 86!

ZSS, Pit, and Palutena aren't there either, and Pit and Palutena and ZSS aren't locked.

Unless this is going off of something more closely like "This specific iteration of this character", yet that still goes against the grain as this Samus model is from other m, Link is a meshup of TP and SS and OoT, etc. Basically, that picture doesn't confirm or deconfirm anything other than it grabbed 5 characters who came into existence from 86.

>But Ridley can't do all of his awesome boss stuff if he's not a boss!

He sure as shit isn't doing anything bosslike in the trailer other than defying "known" gravity in the game. He flaps towards Pikachu, does some idle whateverthehell, then jumps up and heads back to the right.

That looks nothing like an aggressive boss who wants to slap your shit. Ridley in the metroid games and brawl would attack with fast, frenzied strikes, be in your face, and generally become a battle of "kill him before he kills me" unless you abused the AI somehow. I see nothing like this in the shadow, hell, I don't see anything like his Brawl fighting abilities, meaning if he IS a stage boss, he's beyond nerfed to hell and back and would be a severely lackluster stage decoration.

>Lol but metalface shadow!

I knew that'd come up, however we now must see if there is an embargo on metalface like there has been about Ridley. If we get a picture of him or a namedrop, then still again, it means he's not in the same category as Ridley.

Honestly, we're still know nothing other than the fact he's been hint dropping "a foe from Samus' past", making mentions that size in smash doesn't stick to canon scale, Making Dark Samus an AT instead of a clone (considering he's been clone happy with this roster anyway), making MOTHER BRAIN an AT... I'm at a loss.
>>
>>260700608
Where's Ganon then, boy?
>>
>>260701621
The yellow devil didnt attack much either when they were actually showing the level he was in (i think it was in the same nintendo direct to, if not probably the one after it)
in fact he stood still for like 20 seconds before actually doing anything
>>
>>260701956
Maybe, but I see the animations too odd for a boss idk it is my opinion I guess, but I have more facts... I'm op
>>
>>260697575
I think that, especially with the leaks and all, he's a stage boss that people have been reading into way too much.
>>
>>260700608
>No Pit
>No Palutena
>no ZSS

Unless Sakurai is choosing to make it so that "specific iterations of these characters" show up in certain years.

>I didn't know TP/SS/OoT was in 86
>I didn't know Other M was in 86

honestly this image proves and disproves nothing.
>>
>>260702786
Some leaks say mewtwo, ridley, Dixie, mach rider and impa are in
>>
>>260702462
the only thing we have is him moving from right to left while flying
which is something his character would do
i cant think of a lot of times ridley moves with his feet
>>
I'm not going to be angry if he's a playable character and Sakurai really is just screwing with everybody, but I really feel like people who want Ridley are reading way too much into this and grasping at straws.

We're talking about a character that's never been playable and never spoke that's already appeared as a boss in Brawl and been all but stated to be a stage boss for pyrosphere.
>>
>>260701921
1998 because he's 'dorf.
>>
>>260703617
Rob does not talk, he isn't even in a game(only Mario kart ds), and a part of the css are not playable in other games
>>
>>260703151
The guy who said that was piggybacking/bullshitting.

http://smashboards.com/threads/potential-roster-stage-leak-thread.364914/page-168#post-17397124

Before you say "there might still be other characters" it just doesn't make sense. Why would Nintendo send a video showing the character select screen with ALMOST all of the characters unlocked? If they were to send the character select, you'd think they'd have either the starting roster or the full one, not arbitrarily missing five characters. It just doesn't add up. It's delusion at this point, I don't mean to seem rude, but that's all it is.

>>260703617
>We're talking about a character that's never been playable
Lady Palutena, Ganondorf, Duck Hunt, Zelda and Sheik weren't when they were first included.

>and never spoke
Read the canon manga. Not true.
Even assuming that WERE the case, Link never really canonically spoke either, but he's in. Ness was a silent protagonist, but he's in.

Why do you people come up with arbitrary reasons Ridley can't be in? I don't think he'll be in myself, but none of these reasons would be an actual obstacle to his inclusion.
>>
File: wall smash.webm (3 MB, 740x416) Image search: [Google]
wall smash.webm
3 MB, 740x416
>>260703617
to be fair, quite a few characters fit into that category.

>>260703151
I would LOVE to see Impa as playable along with Ridley and Mewtwo, but the alleged leak there was baseless guessing mixed with a true leak.
>>
I want to believe, but the leak scares me.
>>
File: it's ogre.png (270 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
it's ogre.png
270 KB, 500x375
fake or "disablad"
>>
>>260705328
>That Impa
>That Wolf
So fake
>>
>>260702972
The Zero suit doesn't show up til Zero mission .
Samus is just in a bikini til then
Probably a second part with Pit, Palu, and ROB

Also he wouldn't split off characters that both appeared in the same game and year
>>
File: leak roster -5.png (333 KB, 426x502) Image search: [Google]
leak roster -5.png
333 KB, 426x502
>>260704324
>this is "final roster"

>Slow Clone of mario
>Slow Clone falcon
>'Evil' Clone Pit
>Female Clone Marth
>Bird Clone Fox

Jesus...

>Wario
>G&W
>Jigglypuff
>Ness
>ROB

Right, nothing new there except Wario was unlocked in Brawl (probably locked due to Ear of Luigi)

>Clown car
>DHD
>these are the only NEW characters who are locked

Are... Are you joking? really?

Look I'm stoked about Shulk and little mac and the possibility that Metaknight has a Galacta knight outfit but...

Clown Car is neat in the idea that it lets you change out the driver.

DHD is smash fodder who will be my personal punching bag because I hated that cunt for years.

... but really? that's all the "new' stuff that is gonna be kept secret?

>Why would Nintendo send a video showing the character select screen with ALMOST all of the characters unlocked?

because the leaker was NOT from the ESRB and the video was progressivly unlocking/showing characters.

Why isn't there gameplay of DHD?
>>
>>260700029
Who was Tabuu anyways ? It wasn't really explained, magic hand used to represent the kid playing with his toybox, but wo is this baldy ?
>>
>>260698172
Shit even Anthony would be okay at this point. The fact that Kid Icarus might have more reps than fucking Metroid makes me want to cut off my fucking ballsack.
>>
>>260700608
What is this picture supposed to be?
>>
>>260706484
I agree, one reason is that KI is now one sakurai's baby
If sakurai dont put ridley playable I'll be very disappointed
>>
>>260706317
There's no sign of mii's, which means there's probably more characters to unlock
>>
>>260706317
>because the leaker was NOT from the ESRB
He said he was, and unless there's something else that's solid evidence saying otherwise, I believe it.
>>
>>260704324
>Before you say "there might still be other characters" it just doesn't make sense. Why would Nintendo send a video showing the character select screen with ALMOST all of the characters unlocked? If they were to send the character select, you'd think they'd have either the starting roster or the full one, not arbitrarily missing five characters. It just doesn't add up. It's delusion at this point, I don't mean to seem rude, but that's all it is.
Why would Nintendo care how many characters were shown to the ESRB? They weren't supposed to do anything with the information in the first place, leak it, be hyped for it, etc. It could be the build they had at the time had those characters unlocked. All ESRB needs to see is the lewd stuff.

What doesn't make sense is the character placement on the roster, mixed with the blatantly open spaces.

Also All Star Mode was locked.
>>
>>260705328
>>260706317
does this guy have a fucking 2DS?
>>
ban me if you dare piece of shit mods
>>
>>260706893
When customizations are set to OFF, Random square turns into "Mii Fighters"
>>
>>260706971
>Why would Nintendo care how many characters were shown to the ESRB?
That's kind of what I'm saying. If they didn't care, why would they choose an arbitrary number to show the ESRB? Why not only the starting roster or the full roster if it truly makes no difference?

>Also All Star Mode was locked.
Different part of the video
>>
File: 3 views.png (398 KB, 785x519) Image search: [Google]
3 views.png
398 KB, 785x519
>>260707029
>>260706968
Yes, it was confirmed back after he was found out that he was an underage 16 year old who had promised a friend of a friend, who DID work for the ESRB that he wouldn't share anything if he got to see the shit.

he promptly turned around and spammed the shit out of it on /v/.

They caught him by sending him a deliberately cropped image of master hand and mario and seeing if he would post it.

As soon as he did, they caught him and he stopped getting info.
>>
File: 1409332105060.jpg (9 KB, 330x275) Image search: [Google]
1409332105060.jpg
9 KB, 330x275
>>260701779
>ridley's shadow shown while talking about stage bosses

>b-but he's not shown attacking anything!

>not knowing that sakurai hates ridley fags as much as the rest of the world does

just give up anon, you look incredibly desperate
>>
>>260707451
The point is, the screenshots are from the ESRB video, so it's the same thing.
>>
>>260706371
The kid's dad, he wanted to stop playtime so the kid would go study.
>>
>>260707912
That's hilarious lol, but you are right
>>
>The fact that sakurai dont even mention him as a boss or something

Troll.
>>
>>260698938
Nah why would they just show his shadow is he was a boss
>>
>>260707823
>ridley's shadow shown while talking about stage bosses
I never denied this.

>b-but he's not shown attacking anything!
Should get that palsy checked out, also, he isn't.

>not knowing that sakurai hates ridley fags as much as the rest of the world does
oh, bored and looking for a fight by slinging opinions and found a Ridley thread. Hi.

>just give up anon, you look incredibly desperate
I've heard it all before, you've not said anything I've not heard over the 13 years that this has been going on.

but you apparently don't understand my post, so:

TL:DR: if Ridley is a boss, he's a shittier boss than he was in brawl. End of subject.
>>
>>260708918
Antiridleyfags need infinite proof that's all
>>
>>260708918
>if Ridley is a boss, he's a shittier boss than he was in brawl

you know this because of a cropped and angled shot of a stage that lasted for 5 seconds wherein he didn't attack anyone

also
>implying stage bosses are meant to be anything like SSE bosses
>not even mentioning that Yellow Devil just stands there for 20 seconds before attacking
>implying we were even seeing a final build of the stage
>still having hope after Ridley was confirmed for stage boss
>>
>>260710927
When was he confirmed as a stage boss? I haven't seen any confirmation lol
>>
File: 1409238849861.jpg (19 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1409238849861.jpg
19 KB, 413x395
>>260711183
>he's still in denial
>>
Reposting from the other thread:
>didn't give two shits about Ridley
>got annoyed with antiridleyfags spamming delusional/autistic/retarded
>wanted Ridley in just to spite them
>leak drops
>don't believe it
>it's confirmed
>realize I've gone full Ridleyfag
I don't even like Metroid that much. I've only played the original and Super.
>>
>>260705503
Pixels, etc.
>>
>>260712372
As a metroid fan, this has been the weirdest fucking phenomenon. I know for a fact that there aren't enough people who give two shits about metroid hanging around to justify the amount of noise people make over Ridley.

>tfw Ridley has been your favorite vidya character for years
>can't mention him without idiots who haven't even played the games losing their shit

Suffering.
>>
>>260710192
most of them want him as stage boss for tears and hide that truth with rampant apologist crap. (ex. "i want him as a boss because he was cool in the last game.").
>>
I never understood why everyone wants Ridley to be in Smash?
>>
>>260714127
nobody actually does

the motherfucker doesn't even have potential for an interesting moveset
>>
>>260714127
>thisguy.jpg
Do you really need to play this game in every fucking thread?
>>
>>260710927
>confirmed
There is that word again.

The word you're looking for is IMPLIED:

im·ply
verb \im-?pl?\

: to express (something) in an indirect way : to suggest (something) without saying or showing it plainly

: to include or involve (something) as a natural or necessary part or result

An implication is not the same as a confirmation.

Girahim being an AT, Dark Emperor being a Stage Boss, those are Confirmations.

A shadow on the pyrosphere with a shitty view and him refusing to make mention on Ridley is an implication, not a confirmation.
>>
>>260714347
>Ridleyfags made up over 8 potential moveset for their character and poses.
>"n-no, these are all shit, muh hitboxes and stuff"
>>
>>260714347
Neither does DHD or ROB or Game and Watch or Captain Falcon or Miis.

Any argument against Ridley is an argument that falls flat due to what is already in smash bros.
>>
The only reason Sakurai doesnt confirm Ridley as a stage boss is to keep the Ridley discussions.
Why? Because they create hype of course. And imagine if he blatantly confirmed him as a stage boss: All Ridleyfags would be mad as fuck and yell "Dropped"

Now they still have hope till the last second. He knows that Ridley is a subject of care and with that solution he can say "Well I showed him while I talked about stage bosses on Psyrosphere, so why would he be playable."
As much as I want him to be playable, its not gonna happen. And dont even think about DLC. They will use him as hype machine for Smash 5 aswell
>>
>>260714992
see >>260713934
>>
>>260714992
While possible, I find it unlikely.

Still, I'm gonna just throttle the everliving shit out of DHD. That fucker needed to die 30 years ago.
>>
File: MotherBrain_drool.gif (261 KB, 138x171) Image search: [Google]
MotherBrain_drool.gif
261 KB, 138x171
>>260713797
Chozo-statue-tattooed-metroidfag here.

> Still keep 14 year-old self's vision of Mother Brain in SSE locked in my brain.
>Metroid's role in smash is too saturated by pro/anti Ridley shit to mention it.
>MFW Mother Brain assist trophy.
>>
>>260713934
This.

>"I want Ridleyfag tears!"
>"you are so easy to bait and I enjoy trolling so much, if he becomes playable I'm gonna have to suck shit and face I'm been a wrong ass faggot!"
>"I'm gonna pretend I do want him in, just in a shitty position that will piss everyone off and make it look like I'm on their side, only not!"

no, no self respecting metroid fan wants Ridley as "just a boss". Do mario fans JUST want bowser as a boss? No.

how about Zelda fans? Are you butt devastated Ganondorf is not a stage boss? no, especially if his altered specials can do some sweet ass magic swapouts.

The list goes on.
>>
>>260714992
He's stated that he does not like this sort of thing. It would also cause backlash from media to fans. I'm not saying he's playable, just that this seems like an unlikely reason as to why they're handling Ridley the way they are. My hope for him on the roster won't die until Sakurai shows him as more than just a shadow and explains his role. Til then I'm just waiting.
>>
File: mother.jpg (513 KB, 1280x731) Image search: [Google]
mother.jpg
513 KB, 1280x731
>>260715481
>tfw seeing her AT render
She would have been a much, much better boss, but I was still hype.

Oddly enough, I was about 14 when I got into metroid, too. Let's hold each other, anon.
>>
File: 1409022640650.png (120 KB, 324x352) Image search: [Google]
1409022640650.png
120 KB, 324x352
>tfw i wanted Hades to be in
>can't due to Disney copyrighting "Hades"
>can't because Iwata like Dark Pit and already can tell he wants him in.
>can't because Sakurai probably loved the idea of Two Coles in PSASBR (t-thanks sony).
>can't because unlike Ridley, everybody agrees Hades is 200% perfect as a stage/stage boss.
>>
>>260716018
Yeah but those are actual characters unlike Ridley
>>
File: 13729402225_8d62b23cc2_o.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
13729402225_8d62b23cc2_o.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>260715481
>A metroid stage that is the Mother Brain room in Tourian
>systems activate now and then and have Rinkas and guns and acid
>Breaking the mother Brain jar makes it start attacking with eye lasers
>Attacking it more after that forces the stage to change
>no acid, instead bigass cyber Mother brain attacks
>gets destroyed, room, "explodes" in white
>returns to brain chamber

10/10 would imagine again.
>>
>>260716018
Finally, someone gets it. Half the people who argue about Ridley have never even touched a Metroid game. If someone jumps into a thread starting a post with "I'm a total Metroid fan but" or "I fucking love Ridley and even I," it's immediate confirmation that they're full of shit. That and posts like >>260714127
>>
>>260716876
ROB is a character? Did Ice Climbers have any character? Game n Watch? Hell you could argue Mario has no real character since he's just your basic happy go lucky hero. Your made up criteria would not be why Ridley is excluded, if he is excluded, from the roster.
>>
File: cmon now.gif (2 MB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
cmon now.gif
2 MB, 500x391
>>260716876
You're not even trying.
>>
>>260716838
>can't due to Disney copyrighting "Hades"
Please tell me this shit isn't real. Please tell me Disney was not allowed to copyright the name of a fucking ancient god.
>>
File: edgeley.png (960 KB, 840x1197) Image search: [Google]
edgeley.png
960 KB, 840x1197
>>260716876
>Ridleyfags posted about Ridley having character in some of the Metroid games (including Other M) and the canon mangas
>"n-no these don't count."

also
>thinking character matters in smash
>>
>>260714992

B-But they did it with Metal Face!

Though granted we didn't expect TWO Xenoblade reps.
>>
>>260717391
Nice strawman

You said would those fans be upset if those characters were stage bosses. Of course they would, because unlike Ridley they have personalities and character.
>>
>>260717631
Except for the fact that the mangas don't count because they have never been in the games.

If Ridley had lines in the actual games, voice acted or not, then you could argue that he actually has a character.

Until then, Ridley is canonically and factually a mindless screeching animal incapable of doing anything but attacking people. Deal with it, Ridleyfag.
>>
>>260717814
>dodging the other 2 posts
>>
>>260717814
I'm not that guy, you gourd. I'm just saying, "character" is subjective and doesn't matter in Smash. Plus people would be upset if Ridley was just a boss too. Why don't they matter? Because you hate they want someone on the roster? That's petty, stop that.

He's not guaranteed but I and others will wait until Sack of Rice directly shows his entire model and states his role, without a shadow of a doubt.
>>
>>260717812
Thats because he will be the stage boss on Gaur plains, or whatever the new Xenoblade map is named.

Atleast that would be my guess, but I could be horribly wrong.
>>
>>260716475
Oh man, Super was the first game I ever experienced because my older siblings played it when I was a wee babby and we were too piss poor to get anything else.

Better believe I cried when the metroid died.

>>260717051
Hnng.
>>
>>260717812
Did you know you could also fully see Metal Face in the background of the stage before you saw that shadow? The most we've seen of Ridley is a tail tip. Also, going by shadows, that Metal Face was far far bigger than Ridleys shadow. Just sayin.
>>
>>260697575
game comes out in less than 2 months people who think there's still like 20 more character announcements are unbelivably delusional and anyone who has believed any of the fake leaks is beyond an idiot. If anything they'll announce a couple more reoccuring characters and (very unlikely) a last second new character to create some pre-release hype.
>>
>>260713934
I find the apologetic crap to be the worst, if you just want to see the tears then just be honest and say "I want to see Ridley fans miserable" - seriously we are on an anonymous image board, why even fake it?
>>
>see ridleyfag thread
>read ridleyfag thread
>all ridleyfags are throwing tantrums, using shit arguments and are acting autistic
>all anti-ridleybros are being cool, giving good arguments and just stating the facts

Typical Ridley threads.
>>
File: allstar locked.png (144 KB, 335x207) Image search: [Google]
allstar locked.png
144 KB, 335x207
>>260717290
It's gotten to the point that the responses are predictable and it's so easy to point out the shitflingers from anyone who actually has a viable opinion.

So what is the status on Ridley in terms of FACTUAL evidence?

NONE WHATSOEVER!

We know fucking nothing other than an offhand comment, a shadow, and a tailblade that means it's at least the tail of M Ridley.

That is it.

>"He's not in the 85-86 allstars sections! BTFO!"
wow, I didn't know pit, palutena, and ZSS were cut. when did that happen?

>"They have been remade! They'll show up for the 2012 section!"
Oh okay, so other M Ridley will be someone from the 2010 area.

BUT WAIT.

Other M Samus isn't from 86.

Neither is TP Link/Zelda.

That image really doesn't do anything other than add to the confusion.
>>
>>260717814
>any nintendo character
>actual personalities and character
Aside from you generally being an idiot, be real here.
>>
File: Metroid Samus past.png (155 KB, 481x416) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Samus past.png
155 KB, 481x416
>>260717992

>Except for the fact that the mangas don't count because they have never been in the games.

Wrong, faggot.
>>
>>260707912
So the kid beat the shit out of his dad with a Mario toy.
>>
>>260718594
>superiority complex
>>
>Ridley is a scary monster, would give kids nightmares and would be the scariest character if he was playable
>he never showed up in the ESRB video, which would certainly have him show up so ESRB can review him for the game rating
>Ridleyfag will still insist that he is unlockable in that video even though Nintendo would want to show them so they can rate the game based on how scary he is

MAXIMUM DELUSION
>>
File: BrawlTrophy13.jpg (780 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BrawlTrophy13.jpg
780 KB, 1920x1080
>>260717992
Even Smash Bros shows you're wrong
>>
>>260718561
Who said they're going to release 20 more characters? All because the roster may have a total of 54 characters doesn't mean they'd reveal them all before release. You're making up arguments just for the sake of it. Stop being silly.
>>
>>260718856
I don't see Ridley saying anything in that picture you posted. In fact, he only looks like a mindless animal in that picture, meaning that you just confirmed the facts that he is a mindless animal.

Try again. Ridleyfag.
>>
>>260719214
>Smash Bros Trophies
>canon
>at all

He never acted like someone with leadership in the Metroid games, so you're still wrong.
>>
>>260718856
The manga is canon.
Ridley being intelligent isn't, because he's portrayed as an animal in the games.

Games canon > Manga canon. Get your facts straight.
>>
>>260719148
>>Ridley is a scary monster
He's a purple dinosaur.
>>
>>260718646
Pretty much. This is has always been the case, but because smash threads, people continue to argue regardless of anyone having any actual ground to stand on.
>>
>>260717992
>Except for the fact that the mangas don't count because they have never been in the games.

>Nintendo using Adam's manga design in Other M
>>
>>260719148
Ridley would not give kids nightmares. If this were the case he'd not have been a boss twice in Brawl. He'd not be possibly a boss on Pyrosphere. You're just making things up to get a response.

So here, the response you wanted. I hope it gets you through the day.
>>
File: OMG a chair.gif (3 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
OMG a chair.gif
3 MB, 320x213
>>260718594
>>
>>260719663
See >>260719631
>>
>>260719741
ESRB obviously reviewed Ridley back in the Brawl era and reviewed him accordingly.

Since Ridley doesn't show in the DVD sent to ESRB, it's safe to say that he's not playable since they would have shown him otherwise.
>>
>>260719478
>smash trophies show detail about the characters
>they aren't canon
so shiek's a boy
>>
>>260719478
Not that guy, but I'm gonna have to say that a trophy description in Smash Bros might actually be relevant to a character's depiction in, you know, Smash Bros.
>>
>>260719148
>He never showed up in the esrb video.
You know this how? We saw tiny bits of the full esrb video. You really think we saw everything there was of note? With All Star mode locked to boot?
>>
File: Ridley perched.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Ridley perched.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
>>260719328
I take it you never played Zero Mission either or you'd know what this picture means.
>>
>>260720074
So what? That doesn't matter at all. Ridley is still just an animal that some retards on /v/ insist is actually intelligent.
>>
>>260720154
With the roster having no Ridley, it's a fact that he's not playable. If he was in the video, then one of the leakers would have said that. And guess what? The leakers said nothing about a dragon.
>>
>>260719478
>Argument stems from whether Ridley has enough character to be in Smash.
>Smash game talks about his character.
>Shifting goalposts.
>Fucking Pac-Man.
>>
File: 2BIG allowed in smash.png (1 MB, 1298x956) Image search: [Google]
2BIG allowed in smash.png
1 MB, 1298x956
>>260719148
OMG WHY WOULD NINTENDO PUT THIS IN THE GAME?
>>
>>260720167
>Ridley looking like a mindless animal
How does that change any of the facts?
>>
>>260704389
I want to get off mr. ridley's wild ride
>>
>>260720050
You don't know he was in the esrb video. It doesn't matter if he showed up in a previous game because by your logic they'd need to see him. If he's playable and they wanted to keep it a secret? All they'd need to do is give the esrb a readout. "Purple space dragon nemesis of Samus playable character".
>>
File: feel.jpg (349 KB, 1200x1332) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
349 KB, 1200x1332
>>260718285
One day we'll have a good metroid experience again, anon. One day.
>>
FUCK OFF RIDLEYFAGS!
I swear, you guys are by far the MOST annoying people in this fucking world.
>BOOOOHOOOOOOO MUH PURPLE DWAGON ISNT ON SMAAAASH
HOLY SHIT Go kill yourself if you think like, at least it'll clean up the casualfaggotry in smash threads.
Ridley will never EVER be playable just because you guys are the most annoying pieces of shit ever known. Just kill yourselves because no one will never EVER miss you.
>>
>>260720456
Smash called Kaptain K. Rool K. Rool's brother in one of the trophies.

Whoever wrote the Ridley trophy were obviously confused about how intelligent Ridley actually is.
>>
>>260719631
>The manga is canon.
>Ridley being intelligent isn't, because he's portrayed as an animal in the games

see

>>260720167
if you played Zero mission, you'd know that means bullshit.

hell, if you played super metroid, you know it means bullshit.

your statement means one of two things:

1: you never played either game

2: you're shitposting.

I'm betting on 3.
>>
File: 1405411280765.png (19 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1405411280765.png
19 KB, 126x126
>>260720708
Look at this buttblasted faggot
>>
>>260720613
Then the leakers would have said what you said. "Purple space dragon nemesis of Samus playable character". Since the leakers had access to the video in the first place, they would have access to the same readout.
>>
>>260720708
My goodness, anon. You are quite pissed! Please calm down, we would not want you to have a seizure.
>>
File: primp and fine spess pir8.jpg (15 KB, 200x253) Image search: [Google]
primp and fine spess pir8.jpg
15 KB, 200x253
>>260720708
calm down
>>
>>260720971
Yes, exactly. Who's to say the original leaker didn't say this? We can't be sure or trust the 16 year old fuck, so the original leaker could very well have stated as such. We can't be sure of this with what we know. That's all I'm saying.
>>
Ridleyfags and anti-ridleyfags are awful. I would love to have Ridley playable but I don't overanalyze every breath that Sakurai takes.
>>
File: EXTERMINATUS.jpg (126 KB, 710x584) Image search: [Google]
EXTERMINATUS.jpg
126 KB, 710x584
>>260718594
see >>260720708
>>
>>260719631
But Ridley is known to be intelligent even in the games. He was able to control and direct other monsters in Other M, as well as execute premeditated attacks.
>>
>>260720708
>swear, you guys are by far the MOST annoying people in this fucking world.
Nah, Anti-RidleyFags like you are just as annoying as the the tedious RildeyFags
>>
>>260720897
>Ridley sitting perched makes him super intelligent!
HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SMOKING?

He doesn't say anything, he doesn't show any form of intelligence, he doesn't even have a thought bubble with something like "Aw fuck I forgot to turn the stove off fuck everything I'm gonna take my anger out on Samus when we finally arrive to Zebes.". He's just. Sitting. There. PERCHED.

THAT IS JUST NOT PROOF OF INTELLIGENCE
>>
>>260720569
uh huh. you never played zero mission.

Simply a fully animated scene of a spaceship hovering over Zebes after Samus killed Kraid, then several smaller ships approach the large ship. the computer screens light up around Ridley as he frowns, flies to Zebes, lands, and takes off on his own to fight Samus himself.

Add to it he also had the mindset to make a mechanical backup of himself to keep giving commands and even fight should he die in battle, you know, like ADAM in Fusion, only with more missiles and lasers.
>>
>>260708757
They did the same thing for Yellow Devil at the end of Megaman's trailer.
>>
>>260721230
Well to be fair when every reason someone who wants him in is shot down or hand waved, you have to go to those lengths to try and explain what you think on the subject.

Don't get me wrong, both sides take it to extremes. I want him on the roster and think he has a shot, but I'm annoyed at how everyone argues over it still. Instead of discussing things civilly, it's just never ever etc.

I'm glad All Star mode was locked in what little we saw of the esrb video because otherwise I really would have thrown in the towel by now.
>>
>>260721291
>But Ridley is known to be intelligent even in the games
Then why is he acting like a mindless beast? Check mate.
>He was able to control and direct other monsters in Other M, as well as execute premeditated attacks.
Animals in the wild can do that. Control and direct to a lesser extent, but some parasites can do that.

Ridley's actions in Other M are not exclusive to intelligent people or monsters.
>>
>>260720708
Dude, you saw what you were getting into when you got in this thread.

>>260721404
Confirmed for never played zero mission
>>
>>260721404
Him sitting isn't what makes him appear to have intelligence. It's the facial expressions he makes as he nears the destination of his arch nemesis.
>>
>>260721591
It's the full roster. ESRB wouldn't let Nintendo get away with showing anything less than the full roster.
>>
File: ridley scott.png (269 KB, 1394x512) Image search: [Google]
ridley scott.png
269 KB, 1394x512
>>260721404
calm down
>>
>>260721882
>It's the facial expressions he makes as he nears the destination of his arch nemesis.
Looks more like a bird looking at food.
>>
>>260718528

Mind telling me where? I just looked at the trailer again and didn't see him.

I'm not partaking in this argument I'm just legit curious as to where he's at in the trailer other than the ending.
>>
>>260721896
All Star mode was locked, it's not the full roster. Look up the ESRBs requirements. They do not require the full roster. Also, who said the original leaker gave anyone an image of the full roster in the first place? You seem to be jumping through some hoops so that you get a smaller roster, anon. Why could that be?
>>
>>260721729
why would a mindless beast ride a ship and control an army?
>>
>>260722226

All-Star mode wouldn't be something the ESRB would need to see.

A giant dragon that probably chomps people with his massive jaws or has attacks that may involve impaling them with his tail would be something that they would need to see.
>>
>>260722232
>why would a mindless beast ride a ship and control an army?
The army is obviously riding the ship, and the army is obviously the ones in control since there's ways to take control of a mindless beast like Ridley. In fact, Ridley is just a codename, not his real name, which he probably don't have because animals don't identity each other by names.
>>
>>260721729
Intelligence aside, it has no baring on his possible inclusion as playable.

there is no "personality' test or "IQ" test that the characters have to pass to get into smash bros.

Everyone is forgetting that he found the ceries space station, busted into it when Samus left, successfully captured the canister holding the metroid, had a quick fight with her before he left and set the place to blow up and dashed to Zebes. Things no "base animal" would ever do.
>>
>>260720708
You seem annoyed.
>>
>>260721729
>Then why is he acting like a mindless beast? Check mate.
If he's so mindless then why does he go the extra mile to make his foes suffer? Y'know, his penchant for dragging things across walls. The guy leads a fucking army for God's sake.
>>
>>260722613
>what is mind control
>what is training the animal to perform these things
>what is basic animal training
>>
File: massak.jpg (23 KB, 403x422) Image search: [Google]
massak.jpg
23 KB, 403x422
>>260721729
>Ridley is just sitting there with the baby metroid and waiting for Samus
>"HOLY FUCK HE FUCKING MINDLESS LIKE ORACLE GANON WHAT A CRAZY MOTHER FUCKER"
>>
>>260722707
It's kind of hard to chew through a power armor, so he's just trying to rip it apart so he can eat the delicious chozo-human hybrid inside.
>>
>>260722446
There's already Bowser and Charizard. They wouldn't need to see Ridley, just explain any sort of similar abilities they may share and describe him. All Star mode is an entire fucking mode of the game and it was locked. If an entire mode can be locked, so can characters. Why you want so desperately for that roster to be the final one when it's quite possibly not is beyond me. Well, other than you having gotten your most wanted already and just want to be a tearsfag.

As I said, ESRB would not be required to see Ridley. You're welcome to go read through their requirements if you don't believe me. I'm sure you wont and will stay ignorant, however.
>>
>>260722798
Grasp those straws, boy.
>>
>>260722613

>he found the space station
So he followed Samus

>waited for samus to leave
Because she kicked his ass before

>retook the metroid
because metroid

>fought her before he left
samus came back and ridley said 'fuck it lets go'

>set the place to blow up
You mean caused enough damage by just flying around and fighting samus that the station entered self-destruct mode?
>>
>>260721545
No, they fully showed Yelow Devil. They did not fully show Ridley. It's been over 4 months and they haven't stated he's a boss yet once. They've already stated Metal Face was a boss on twitter.
>>
>>260722798
I taught my dog how to activate self destruct sequences too.
>>
>>260710927
>Yellow Devil stands there for 20 seconds without attacking
I played the demo at comic-con. He definitely doesn't stand there doing nothing for 20 seconds.
>>
>>260723280
I am sure that dogs can be trained to activate self destruct sequences in video games too. Why can't space dragons?
>>
>>260722172
I think anon was referring to the fact that you can see the mechonis no matter where the camera goes (just like in the Xenoblade game).

Metal face doesn't make a full fledged appearance, but he ALSO got to speak and face his in game rival.

Ridley doesn't get to make a sound and is 'chasing' around Pikachu...

Had it been on a pokemon stage, we could have joked saying it was Charizard, provided nothing passed in front of the camera.
>>
>>260723280
Ok Max. If a hot metal armored badass space hunter kicks your ass, you press the big red button over here. Got it?
>Bark
No you don't understand. The big red button.
>Bark?
Yeah! You got it! Good boy!
>>
>>260723239
PLEASE gimme a link.
>>
>>260698812
>>260698938
Metal face is the new ridley.
>>
>>260723446
Keep sifting through those straws, I'm sure one will work.

>>260723569
>tfw my name is Max
>I know I have a fucking dog's name
>Forever a dog
>>
File: 1392932902479.png (1 MB, 492x4620) Image search: [Google]
1392932902479.png
1 MB, 492x4620
This comic is already one year old and it is still legit.
>>
>>260724035
i never get why does samus make that face at the end.
>>
>>260724237
Two reasons.
One, Ridley didn't make it in and she's happy about it.
Two, Little Mac made it in and she's horny for him.
>>
>>260724035
It was made in February.
>>
>>260724035
We don't know if that's legit yet or not. Time will tell, and hopefully it turns out well for those who simply want to play as their favorite character in a friendly party game.
>>
File: Ridley shafts samus.png (943 KB, 530x780) Image search: [Google]
Ridley shafts samus.png
943 KB, 530x780
>>260724237
She likes him massive and remembers that he has a hard time getting in.
>>
>>260721729
It's his whole character. He is intelligent, but attacks like a mindless beat because of how cruel and sadistic he is.
>>
A lot of no life, anti ridley fags in here mad about people wanting a fictional character playable.
>>
>>260725121
>It's his whole character.
It can't be his whole character if he has never shown any intelligence whatsoever.
>>
>>260725238
I only see one no life fag, mad because people aren't deluded enough to think a stage boss is playable.
>>
>>260725667

What if le alfonso takes over le boss role is ridley is playing

xddddddd btfo
>>
We know Nintendo didn't have to show the full roster because the Mii Fighters were not turned on.
>>
>>260725238
What sucks, to me at least, is they may get their way. Or perhaps more accurately, they may be correct. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I can't deny the css could have been final. I don't think it is but it's still a possibility.

It doesn't matter really, if he isn't in he wasn't going to be from the start. I just miss Japan Time 1.0 where it was mostly everyone hyping themselves up and being bros. I think if this was all happening during japan time 1.0 people would be all collectively hoping or feel that the css wasn't finished.
>>
>>260725854
No. We know the roster is not final because the All Star mode was still locked in the leak.
>>
>kidnaps THE BABY sister
>waits for the hero to launch an ambush against him
>works for the actual final boss
>no lines or visible intelligence besides animalistic screeching

>yfw Ridley is on the same level as Helmaroc King
>>
>>260726154
>>260725854
I'm pretty sure it wasn't the full roster even if I'm keeping of the mind it may have been. What I'm curious about is if it wasn't, why? Did Sakurai plan ahead for something like this happening? Did the guy just not show off the full roster, like if it was being unlocked as the esrb video played?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it was fully unlocked, but I'm just curious as to the why.
>>
>>260726323
Actually, Helmaroc King at least is a King of something. He's a bit higher than Ridley.
>>
Characters have circle shadows.
>>
>>260726513
Ridley is the ruler of the Space Pirates, and the main protagonists life long nemesis. I'd say Ridley trumps him pretty well.
>>
>>260726154
Sorry I guess I was wrong and the Mii Fighters actually were on the leaked CSS.
>>
>>260726972
No it's just the leaked css photo had customization turned off, and Miis take up the random slot when it's off. That's all.
>>
>>260726637
Not on the Wii U version. Everything has an actual shadow in that one.
>>
>>260727556
Since this is the case I wonder if they have a button that will function as random select for those who still want to even when customization is turned off? Like Y or a shoulder button or select or something.
>>
>>260727276
Yes and if Nintendo was required to show the full roster, they wouldn't be turned off.
>>
When Sakurai was asked about Ridley being playable he said that'd be impossible because "he'd be slow". That's the only thing actually getting in the way of him being playable. All this shit about Ridley being too dumb or not important enough is just to get Ridley fans into bullshit arguments.
>>
>>260727852
Oh I get what you're saying. That's true also. Since they went out of their way to not show everything I'm just really fucking curious as to why. The most logical thing I can think of is they didn't want some characters being shown off. Ridley, Mewtwo, and possibly King K. Rool for example. Would Sakurai think for such a thing happening like an esrb leak?
>>
>>260728204
I'm a Ridleyfag but don't forget he also said that Ridley would be impossible first. I have my own ideas as to why he said that, like it being impossible for him to have been in Brawl because Sakurai didn't know of his popularity for example, but these are just my own ideas on the matter. Then he stated that if they worked really hard on him he may be slow and if fans would mind that, you are correct.

He never once said he was too big though. I think with Namco helping make the game that he really might have added Ridley this time. I'm just biding my time and waiting to see if that's the case, or if he really is just a boss. At least we're only two weeks away now before we know for sure.
>>
>>260728207
Who knows, maybe Sakurai or Nintendo anticipated someone would try and leak it. In which case, hopefully they made it clear to ESRB that it's not the whole roster.
>>
>>260728204
That's not what he said.

>I think that would probably be pretty impossible. [Laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that be all right? [Laughs]
>>
>>260728859
I just hope this is the case. Even if Ridley isn't playable. I want some surprise characters we don't know about. I would have thought Duck Hunt Dog would have been a really fun reveal or surprise unlock in the game but it was ruined. I just want a surprise or two still.
>>
>>260728880
Didn't Sakurai say at one point that he was surprised about the demand for Ridley? I wonder if he knew about the size arguments.
>>
>>260697575
It's sad how this piece of shit is the only hope for a Metroid rep.
>>
>>260728859
Didn't one of the leakers say that it's not the whole roster? It would make sense that they would know that if Nintendo specifically told ESRB about that.
>>
>>260729098
I feel he clearly does know about the size thing. That shadow from the direct was played with in just a way to make him appear large when in actuality compared to the entire stage he really isn't. I'd be surprised if Sakurai didn't know everything. Hell he probably knows of all the WFT porn that surfaced from her inclusion.
>>
>>260729289
I believe so. The one that stated DHD, Bowser Jr. etc (not the one with Ridley and Mewtwo though) said that All Star was still locked. So hopefully that's the case. Sakurai going full on conspiracy theory mode and being sure to keep some surprises isn't out of the question.

The more I think about it the more it seems likely, but I fear I'm setting myself up for disappointment regarding there still being some surprise characters still. Ah well, wouldn't be the first or last time.
>>
>>260700965
>>260701054
>>260702972
>Pit, Palutena and Dark Pit show up for 2012 because Sakurai now believes Uprising is the whole series
>>
>>260729853
Forgot to mention. All because the one Ridley and Mewtwo "leak" was said by the original leaker to not be something they said, doesn't mean they're not possibly one of the locked characters. The original leaker said they don't know who those characters are but that All Star mode was still locked regardless. So they could be there, nobody knows is all.
>>
>yfw Ridley is Wiiu exclusive because he is too big for handhelds
>>
>>260730797
It may as well be. It's completely different. Even the designs of the characters are barely similar.
>>
>>260700608
That's just more of a proof that Ridey is a newcomer
>>
>>260732461
No it's not you fucking Ridley.
>>
Anything can have character. Samus had plenty of it before fusion and other M because of how we looked at her. The same can be said for Ridley.

Whether Ridley has "character" or not doesn't matter. Bowser and DK had been shown to be intelligent in their own games, but have been reduced to (for the most part) animalistic actions in smash.

In fact, Ridley's screeches would fit in perfectly when compared to Bowser/DK's grunts and roars.
>>
>>260732567
It lacks Pit, ZSS, Palutena, and Ganondorf. If you're going to see that ZSS, a different iteration of Samus is down where Zero Mission could be, then Clone Ridley who we know is what the shadow belonged to would be down in 2010. So it's more favoring him than it is against him.
>>
>>260732927
Which fighters has been introduced in 2010? Besides Other M Ridley of course.
>>
>>260698346
Holy shit, that reminds me of the time people were looking at the clouds in Subspace Emissary for roster confirmations because somebody said they saw a Pikachu.
>>
>>260732927

>Clone Ridley

welp sakurai sure has to get him in then IT'S SETTLED
>>
>>260733173
I don't see how that'd matter. If the characters start to thin out as it gets later in the time line it could just go something like 2007-2010. I'm just making up date numbers as an example. Like combine ZSS with hypothetical playable Ridley? Perhaps for years that have a shit ton of characters they split them up into more sections, with the main ones showing up first and then secondary ones next?
>>
File: 1409370675316.jpg (757 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1409370675316.jpg
757 KB, 1500x1500
>>260733173
>Which fighters has been introduced in 2010
yo
>>
>>260733662
I'm not saying I want Other M's clone Ridley, but we know that some form of him is in the game. His tailtip was visible in that direct with the shadow. The shadow doesn't seem bulky so he could be concept art Other M Ridley, or a composite design of Ridleys with Other M being the base. As long as he doesn't have the flat duck bill I don't give a shit.
>>
>>260734143
Wait, Xenoblade was released in Europe in August. If Ridley is playable and created using the Other M design, maybe they'll reveal him on Other Ms release date, August 31st for NA? I mean I don't expect it but that'd be pretty damn cool. Isn't there some Smash past present future thing tomorrow at PAX?
>>
File: Ridley.jpg (391 KB, 846x467) Image search: [Google]
Ridley.jpg
391 KB, 846x467
I mapped out what looks like the movement of Ridley's shadow. The yellow line is Pikachu's movement and the purple dots are from approximately the same point in ridley's shadow as best as I could. It's hard to get accurate but it looks like he enters the stage from behind it, not from directly on the horizontal axis like a playable character would. My theory is that this is from his entrance animation and he flies into the stage from one of the holes in the background. This is why he hovers still for a few seconds and doesn't seem to be doing anything "boss-like", because he's only just spawned.
I might be wrong of course, it's hard to tell from just a shadow. Watch the clip and look at the curve it makes as it enters though.
>>
>>260735062
It's clear that it's a boss hazard.

Although Ridleyfags could always argue that there's two Ridleys, which there isn't any real evidence against.
>>
>>260734687
Dozens of anniversaries have come and gone with no announcements, don't get your hopes up. We JUST got Shulk, I can't imagine there being more pre-release newcomer trailers left.

>Isn't there some Smash past present future thing tomorrow at PAX?
Like SDCC, this isn't a con important enough to get any actual news. We got the Shulk trailer and the new 3DS Direct this week, they're not going to drop anything, least of all on a Sunday.
>>
File: n30mkp.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
n30mkp.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>260735062
Shadows move into the background when in the air. Pic related. Not trying to shit on you, just saying that this doesn't prove that Ridley is not on the playing field. With how shadows work he most likely is.
>>
>>260734687
I think that's on Monday with confirmed "Smash news" but last time they said that for the Treehosue and nothing came up, it was just a trigger word they used to give us boners
>>
File: ridley.png (242 KB, 1190x906) Image search: [Google]
ridley.png
242 KB, 1190x906
>>
File: edge squad.png (960 KB, 1194x1454) Image search: [Google]
edge squad.png
960 KB, 1194x1454
Fuck Dark Pit
>>
>>260735523
It's a little more obvious in the video because you can see the shape turning, but I might be mistaken for all I know.
I'm going to hold onto the picture for when the Wii U version comes out and see if I was right.
>>
>Ridley is our only hope for a Metroid rep
FUCK
>>
>>260735839
Ho is demoman edgy? at all?
>>
>>260735438
Well unlike SDCC, PAX and a behind closed doors roundtable that's embargo'd. I'm positive they were shown something there. I think at least one more trailer is likely, at least. Shulks was cool and all but it didn't feel like a "final trailer" to me, you know?

Plus with that roundtable and the release date so close, I think Nintendo took it upon themselves to go to PAX and have the closed door embargo session because of the leak. Otherwise it all would have been business as usual.

So you're right that an anniversary doesn't mean anything, but there was something shown at PAX, at least I believe so considering all the secrecy.

If we get one more trailer I'd wager it'll be some time in the second week of September a bit before the game comes out.
>>
>>260735995
Probably because of black and red. Everyone is retarded, anon. Don't even bother.
>>
>>260735995
Black and red. Kills people.
>>
>>260735062
If Ridley jumped off the platform to the right side that would explain the curve. It's not that he's coming in from the background, he's just coming down from a higher spot and then going into his floating mode.

Obviously ARFs are going to try to argue there's only one possible outcome and proclaim it as fact, but what do you expect from them? At least you're trying to state your opinion without being a douche, so kudos to you.
>>
>>260722446
Wouldn't they also need to see his boss model too, by this logic?
>>
>>260736793
This is the 3DS version, not the Wii U version.
>>
>>260736850

Fair enough, I kinda forgot the stage wasn't in the 3ds version.
>>
>>260735839
Yes, Yes I would.
>>
>>260722446
Yes because a playable Ridley would totally eviscerate people and spill their guts. They would not need to see a Smash Ridley because he acts like anything else, with all his attacks causes cartoon styled bonks and such. Just like Ganondorf and Bowser.

>>260736793
>>260736850
Something I've seen people notice is that so far all Wii U stages with bosses have also been on the 3DS. Xenoblade, Megaman, but Pyrosphere is nowhere to be seen on 3DS.
>>
>>260737385

That's because Xenoblade and Megaman 2 are available on 3ds (or in Xenoblade's case, in the works), while Other M is not.
>>
Why do any of you faggots care about ridley?
>>
>>260737681
Or it's because they want to keep stage boss stages across both versions? If so, why isn't Pyrosphere on 3DS? I mean there's no Wii Fit game on the 3ds but she still has a stage on it, so console specific games don't determine what stage is there exactly.
>>
>>260722446
It's not a matter of "the ESRB needs to see this and that". I'm sure they have seen everything they required, and Ridley is probably included in it, unlike this idiot says >>260723024
Fact is, the video leaks in my opinion are simply only a part of the stuff shown or recorded for the ESRB. For what we know, they might have shown the entire fucking game (they haven't, but they surely showed all characters and possible lewd/scary stuff). But what we HAVE GOT are simply some parts of video and some pictures.

So yeah, what was shown in the leaks is indeed true, but it's also to consider that we definetly not know the entire roster nor if Ridley is in or not.

Also, this might be me being a faggot, but is this pic >>260700608 legit?
>>
>>260737983
Why do you care about your main, faggot?
>>
>>260737983
The same reason anyone cares about anything: it means something to them. It's opinion based and it can't be answered specifically by any one person.
>>
>there are still people who think Ridley will be in smash
>>
>>260738256

>maining a character that doesn't exist

How's that working out for you
>>
>>260735839
>Adachi
>Dark Pit
>Edgy
And where's Haze? Step up.
>>
>>260738217
The image is legit, yes. It's from a Japanese commercial for the 3DS Smash. It lacks characters that showed up during that time frame however, so it doesn't hurt Ridleys chances.
>>
File: Cool_spot_box_art.jpg (109 KB, 291x410) Image search: [Google]
Cool_spot_box_art.jpg
109 KB, 291x410
>>260735839
>Ryuko
>edge
So it's just anyone black and red?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.