[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
You lied to me , /v/

This game is fun as fuck and has no microtransactions
>>
>>258939935
>no microtransactions
Yes it has
>>
>>258940046
Like..?
>>
The gameplay is solid, but it feels as if the game doesn't really have a heart.
Still fun nonetheless
>>
>>258940071
You can buy in game money to get upgrades for your characters. Granted, you don't have to do this, you can easily just play the game until you get the money through wins.

>>258939935
My only problem is with this game is shitty voice chat combined with a bunch of shitty kids on mics. But I'd rather these kids be playing something clearly made for them than acting like dicks somewhere else so I can't get to mad at them.
>>
>>258940507
>Granted, you don't have to do this, you can easily just play the game until you get the money through wins.
I'm playing it on the PS4 and they don't let you do that.
There are no add-ons in this game.
>>
Haven't played it because >EA but they added microtransactions after a couple months.
>>
>>258939935
it does have micro-transactions and its not as fun in the long term. I was hyped when I saw it at E3 but not that I have played about 30 or so hours on pc, I got bored of it. The frostbite engine doesn't help
>>
>>258939935
It really is fun as shit.
>>
>>258940507
>You can buy in game money to get upgrades for your characters.
Character customization isn't really a huge part of the game though.
It'd suck if they took out a really important component like a game mode or a character.
However, TF2 has a bunch of hats that you need to actually pay for. But nobody has a problem with that.
>>
RIP Plants vs Zombies.
1 was pretty fun
>>
I probably would have given it a chance if it weren't origin exclusive.
Oh well.
>>
File: 1366541098144.jpg (42 KB, 362x358) Image search: [Google]
1366541098144.jpg
42 KB, 362x358
>>258939935
going to pirate it :^) fuck you ea, game devs, starve
>>
>>258940781
Well, that's only for microshit. But nobody on /v/ owns their consoles.
The PS4 has no add-ons for this game. You can earn everything in this game just by playing.
>>258941026
What's wrong with origin? I believe hating it is a /v/ meme
>>
>>258941075
>pirating mulitplayer games
>>
>>258941075
I find it okay to pirate something to try it out first.

But if you like it, buy it!
>>
I'm assuming I wouldn't be able to play with this with my friend who has a Bone while I have a PC?
>>
Fun for a few hours but then it gets stale and boring. Not worth the money but well worth it if it would be F2P.
>>
File: pvz2.jpg (77 KB, 730x411) Image search: [Google]
pvz2.jpg
77 KB, 730x411
What's your favorite class?

Sunflower is OP as fuck, It has decent damage and can heal the entire team without any ability delay
For the sake of difficulty, they need to nerf this thing.
>>
>>258941479
>F2P
It is though.
>>
>>258940920
Character customizations include upgrades to your character, like more ammo and and more powerful shots. I'd say that's something that shouldn't be behind a pay wall.

>>258940770
On the 360 you can.
>>
>>258941780
>360
Why would you own a 360?
>Character customizations include upgrades to your character
Well like I said, you can earn this for free by playing matches. It really doesn't take that long.
>>
>>258941706
Only for 72 hours. I only played like 5 hours and was done with it. So glad i didn't buy it.
>>
>>258942149
Why would they make this game F2P? It isn't an indie game or anything.
You guys are really unappreciative.
>>
>>258941119
> You can earn everything in this game just by playing.

To be clear, you can do this on the 360 too. The 360 just gives you the option of forking up real life money to take out some of the time you'd need to build up money in game.
>>
This game is without a doubt fun, I only wish it had game chat.
>>
>>258942248
this game is nothing to write home about either.
>>
>>258941543
I like the Metal Petal Sunflower. Most Cactus forms are pretty good too.
>>
>>258942351
Well it's not like you need to give them money. Git gud.
>>
>>258941119

>hating origin is a meme

>hating on the 360 which was by far superior to the ps3 is not a meme
>>
>>258941923
Because I was young person who wanted to play Halo anon, I'm sure you've never made a poor choice in your teenage years.
>>
>>258941543

I like Engineer

I don't really like any of the plant classes
>>
>>258942149
> Only for 72 hours.
It was at least a couple of weeks
>>
>>258942658
Well can you give me a solid reason on why you think Origin is bad?
>inb4 it's not steam
>>
>>258942248
>Why would they make this game F2P?

Because it's generic and not worth the 30 bucks. However, as a F2P game i think this game would do really well. Unique Hats and all that jazz just like TF2.
>>
Glad to see a thread was finally made for this. I've been playing it on PS4, and have been having a ton of fun with it.

I've mostly been playing Engineer, and Suflower. Nobody ever wants to be the Engineer for some reason. So I have to get the shit done. I don't mind, since I'm pretty good with him.
Sunflower I fucking hate being. I only have the normal one so far, and it sucks. Once again, I pick it since sometimes we really need a healer on board.
>>
>>258942716
This was probably the biggest problem with the game. I like the plants, but it's way more satisfying to play as the zombies, especially money wise. You know a game has a fucked up reward system when it's actually better for you to lose early then win early.
>>
The problem is they've designed it like a shitty mobile game.

It took FOREVER to level up and get shit in the game and then they conveniently slipped microtransactions in later claiming the players wanted them! Like they didn't intentionally design the game that way from the start.

Jim Sterling actually did a good video on it
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/9145-The-Trap-Of-Gamer-Gratitude
>>
>>258942854

Nah I was just pointing out the irony that you spout the "microshit" meme then complaint about the "origin is evil" meme. I don't have a problem with Origin, they gave BF3 for free.
>>
>>258942975
>Because it's generic and not worth the 30 bucks.
But that's like your opinion, man.
I really got my money's worth with this game
>>
>>258943352
>It took FOREVER to level up and get shit in the game and then they conveniently slipped microtransactions in later claiming the players wanted them!
That's for Microsoft early, and for fuck SAKE git gud.
I had no problem spending time with this game, it seems you believe it's a game where you will only spend an hour playing.
>>
>>258941543
I want to like Chomper as a class so much, but they're ssssooooo ssslllooowww at EVERYTHING they do. If they didn't have such shit movement speed I'd be more likely to stick to them, but having no ranged capabilities in a ranged game makes things tough.

And yeah, I unlocked the Hot Rod Chomper and got his upgrades, but even then it's still not worth it. You can accomplish so much more for your team playing any other plant class.

All the rest of the classes have their niche, but Chomper just doesn't feel like he really fits in. So I usually wind up sticking to Sunflower, where I can cause the most impact offensively and supportively.

As for Zombies, shoot. I tend to gravitate toward Engineer since I play a lot of Gardens and Graveyards and having the teleporters helps your team immensely, and I can actually fight by myself in most cases.
>>
>>258943191
>Nobody plays Engineer
Because Engineer sucks, anon.
>>
>>258943608
Yeah, Peashooter's ability Hyper should have been passed on to Chomper.
It's really slow and for a shooting game, melee is not the best option.
I believe EA said they will work on this game for over a year with updates and free DLC
So far, I'm having fucking fun with this shit.
>>
>>258943557

Then unless they fixed the rate at which you unlock things the Sony versions are arguably even worse.
>>
>>258943557
This. I've played for about 3hrs now, and already unlocked 2 characters. I probably would have 5 by now, if I have actually spent my coins on the character pack.
Instead, I just get the Spectacular packs, so I can get the weapon/ability upgrades.
At least it isn't COD/BF bad where it takes a shit ton of hours just to prestige, or unlock all the weapons. One of the reasons I stopped playing those.
>>
Anyone has the PS4 version?
>>
>>258939935
>No microtransactions
Literally wrong and lying

>>258940770
>>258941923
>>258940920
>>258941119
You can deny it all you like based on platform, but you can buy upgrades and resources for use in the game, including the multiplayer aspects, that's as microtransaction as you get.
>>
I want to play this, but Origin is holding it hostage. And I'm not about to download an entire program just to play 1 game.
>>
>>258940507
they fixed the mics. you can set it to PTT and permanently disable their/your mic
>>
>>258945352
What's wrong with Origin?
>>
>>258945352
It's not worth it, it's just okay, not great, I ran out of stuff to do in 3 hours, and that's after the game frontloaded me with upgrades and different loadout options.
>>
>>258945473
>I ran out of stuff to do in 3 hours,
I've already sinked 20 hours into this game. I don't know how you found it so boring so quick.
Can you please explain?
>>
>>258945473
>ran out of stuff to do in 3 hours
it's a multiplayer game. the "stuff to do" is playing against other people. that's like complaining that you "ran out of stuff to do" in CS:GO because you played all the maps and guns once each in under 3 hours.

also the game has a shit ton of unlocks, i've got about 40 hours in it and still have a lot of shit to get
>>
>>258945352
That's why I got it on console. I was interested in the game, but not dealing with Origin's shit.
>>
>>258945628
I played through a few matches on a couple different maps and the gameplay felt very similar regardless of what map or loadout I tried out, there were some neat little differences but the changes weren't enough to keep things interesting for me. Something like Titanfall or Supreme Commander, I can play a lot because the game has a large amount of variety both in and between matches, but Garden Warfare didn't do it for me. I don't think it's bad, I think it's a personal thing, but I don't recommend it because of that, at least not a purchase.
>>
>>258946019
see
>>258946147

If it helps with figuring out how I experienced it, I played two matches with a friend, and three or four solo matches, and after that I just backed out and uninstalled.
>>
>dont own a console anymore
>pc is a toaster
>have a tablet
>literally the only gaming i do is games on the tablet

consoles are dead, pc mustard race is dead, true gamers have moved on to smartphone games

deal w/ it casuals
>>
>>258946393
>consoles are dead, pc mustard race is dead, true gamers have moved on to smartphone games*

*For me
>>
File: pP3qB8c.jpg (185 KB, 1200x1164) Image search: [Google]
pP3qB8c.jpg
185 KB, 1200x1164
>>258946312
it's weird to me that you didn't like it if you enjoyed titanfall. i liked both of them for a lot of the same reasons. oh well, i guess people are allowed to not like things i like

>mustard is dead because my pc is a toaster
interesting logic
>>
File: Fuck EA.png (137 KB, 1381x1231) Image search: [Google]
Fuck EA.png
137 KB, 1381x1231
>>258939935
Why would you give EA money?
There's plenty of other games to have fun with.
>>
>>258946867
>I guess people are allowed to not like things I like
Goddamn I wish /v/ shared your mindset, but yeah, Garden Warfare just couldn't keep my attention, it may have in part been due to getting a Wii U today, so it had fierce competition to begin with
>>
How the fuck do you turn off voice chat
>>
>>258947350
options -> audio
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.