[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vidya predictions thread. No shills / brand loyalists allowed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: predictions.jpg (789 KB, 1690x1825) Image search: [Google]
predictions.jpg
789 KB, 1690x1825
Vidya predictions thread.
No shills / brand loyalists allowed just realistic assertions.

Some time in mid 2015 these consoles will be officially dead in the water.
>B-but muh Halo
No.
>B-but muh pantyquest
nah
>B-but muh Smash!
Nay.
These consoles are arguably dead already but they'll be long forgotten by the end of next year for sure.

PS4 is and will remain the console of choice for casuals this gen and like it or not, it will have some great exclusive but probably nothing that will sway brand loyalists.
3DS is and will be the handheld of choice for all this gen.
PC is and will always be the master race. In terms of gaming rigs sales this gen it will see a slight spike in sales thanks to jaded consolefags but wont come close to the PS4 or 3DS.
>>
Scratch Sony's name too.
>>
>>258559267
>ps4
>not dying soon.
sony is going to go under any time now.
>>
File: 2_001.jpg (174 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
2_001.jpg
174 KB, 1000x563
Don't own anything but wiiu from this gen yet.
Thinking of buying ps4 when bloodborne is released or some time later and xbone bit later - have a feeling it will have even more stuff announced next year.
>>
>>258559505
>>258559675
PS4 needs to be in a hospital bed with a fucking IV drip, and 3DS needs to be using a cane or a wheelchair, otherwise close to OK.
>>
>>258559267
This is a truly bold prediction OP.
>PS Vita is already dead
>The bone is on life support
>WiiU has sold like shit so far
>PS4 has sold 10mil units
>PC is the PC
This thread should've been called True Facts that Everyone Already Knows.
>>
>>258559981
PC screen needs to be LoL. Just going for realism.
>>
Bought a wiiu last month. Don't regret it at all but I don't think it'll get many more games after a couple of years. Exclusives will still be sick.
>>
go to /biz/ if you want to talk about the economics of games.

As for what platforms will get good games, I think this gen wont be so bad.
>PC for multiplats and PC exclusives
>Wii U and 3DS for nintendo and other exclusives
>Vita for weeb games and a few other exclusives
I say the above 4 are worth owning now and have enough good games on them
>Myabe PS4 will get good exclusives and weeb games later on
>xbone has no redeeming factors, maybe it will get a few good exclusives, but probably not many
>>
File: stopswingingthebat.png (74 KB, 246x280) Image search: [Google]
stopswingingthebat.png
74 KB, 246x280
>>258559267
Your sensationalism is false.

The fact is that the Xbox One is not a failure or dead by any means. It is actually selling faster than the 360. Its just that the PS4 is selling EVEN faster.

The Wii U has a more stable niche than the Wii. Nintendo knows this. It WILL make money because the only people with Wii U's are in for the long haul, unlike last gen when they were soccer moms who gave up on the system.

All companies are actually going to make a profit this gen. Xbox is just scrambling to try to make an even BIGGER profit.

PS4 will win by a small margin. It will not #REK the competition. Grow up. Expect the Xbox One to catch up a little bit, once they get steam in their sales due to Halo.

The Wii U will make a profit, and nothing more. The fan base is loyal, and money will steadily poor into Nintendo.

This generation HASN'T even begun. The peoples with next-gen systems are not normal consumers. Last gen systems outnumber next gen 8 to 1. Once the mainstream shift over, gaps will narrow. Especially considering that the market is booming. More and more young adults are buying systems, and the Xbone is appealing to them for muh streaming. Accept it.

The big 3 will do alright for themselves, and they'll be back for round 9 in 7 years time. All three of them.
>>
>>258559675
>sonys going to go under any time now
>implying they will make a ps4

lets be real here, if shit does hit the fan for sony they will just spin off PS into its own company, too profitible to let go
>>
I dunno about the PS4. That system's UI is plain as fuck. And 80% of the shit on that system is shovelware.
>>
>>258559505
>>258559675
Even if Sony goes under, you think the PS brand is just going to go away? They would sell it off to Amazon or any other number of companies looking to get into the market. A household brand name with that amount of install base doesn't just go away overnight. Sony would sell it just like Vaio.
>>
What PS4 exclusive except Bloodborne comes out in 2015 that's even worth considering?
Fucking nothing, that's what.
>>
>>258560451
Not a chance, they'd get a buyer and new management would either leave it alone and let it remain somewhat profitable or they'd change things and burn it to the ground.
>>
Consoles are on life support right now. Mobile murdered the market.

Sony will likely try prop up the mobile division with the PS division with cross branding and pushing their IP's on mobile and PS but the entirety of Sony is in a mess so it will be a trainwreck. The contraction in PS4 sales will continue as the EU rush dries out and PC gaming .

Microsoft will make major moves back to PC gaming and embrace E-Sports even more than they do now. Xbox will become a distribution platform across PC and xbone.

Nintendo will grudgingly go to mobile gaming and eventually PC as moore's law kick in and the Nvidia K2 outpaces their hardware.
>>
Why do you guys think the Vita is selling so poorly? It's a great system with great games, but I seems no one wants one.
>>
>>258559267

damn man the video game industry really needs your 100% correct insight OP. You are right! How could the billion dollar companys be so wrong? And you so right?

WOW op! They really need to hire you over at nintendo, microsoft or sonY!
>>
>>258560424
>The fact is that the Xbox One is not a failure
lel it sold half as much as PS4 and is dead in europe with no hope of recovery

>. It is actually selling faster than the 360
There are more "gamers" now, of course they're faster
>>
>>258559267
but the 3DS is dead as well.

All the games worth playing on the 3DS are on the Wii U except better.

Also take out PS4 because it has literally no games.
>>
>>258560967
Its certainly masses a come back as far as games go. Sticking with my 3ds buy I'm happy to see its doing better
>>
>>258560934
>Nintendo will grudgingly go to mobile gaming
Is this bait or are you just really that dumb?
>>
>>258559267

Man I like the look of that PS4.
>>
>>258559505
Sony has passed 10 million in sales before it's even been out a year. It has vastly outsold the other 3 consoles.
It's not going to go away just because you're mad.
>>
>>258560967
No advertising. Sony is actively trying to kill it in the West. To them it's nothing more than a PS4 peripheral at this point.
>>
File: lifetime console sales.png (245 KB, 595x1137) Image search: [Google]
lifetime console sales.png
245 KB, 595x1137
>>258559267
>WiiU
>Vita
>Dead

After 8 years of a generation where the lowest selling console still pulled at least 80m units, people have forgotten what a legitimately "dead" console looked like. The WiiU and Vita aren't dead. They're not as popular as their predecessors, but these aren't 3DOs or Virtual Boys.

The Vita is like the Saturn. DOA with casuals in America but still has good Japanese support. Unlike the Saturn, we actually get some of its games. The WiiU is pretty much the N64-2.
>>
>>258560290
No point calling me Captain Obvious if that's what you're doing. There are so many deluded fanboys on this board that it's almost funny.
>>
>B-but muh Halo

You must be deluded as all fuck if you don't think Halo is the system seller to end all system sellers.

Halo 5 and Master Chief Collection will save the Xbone without breaking a sweat.
>>
>>258560424
>PS4 will win by a small margin. It will not #REK the competition. Grow up
But it has already #REKT all competiton. Why so deluded?
>>
>>258561701
But there's no point in trying to reason with them. Any reasonable person already knows what you posted. Anyone else will never accept it, and will just commence shitposting. See >>258561898 for example.
>>
Handy Buyer's Guide - When Should I Buy A Console This Gen?
Let's start with handhelds!
>PS VITA
This is Sony's Red-Headed Stepchild. It's almost dead in the water, but it's unparalleled in niche games. If you're a lover of Japanese games or other niche titles, this is a treasure trove of goodies, anon-kun. It's still very pricey, and many of the good games coming out for it are still expensive, Japan only, or new - smart buyers will wait for a sale or another year for a price drop.
>3DS
Now is the time! For gaming on the go or if you're a Nintendo fan, this is the console. Casual gems like the new Pokemon games, Animal Crossing, and upcoming titles like Fantasy Life paired with hardcore titles like Kid Icarus Uprising, Etrian Odyssey 4, and Monster Hunter make this David a Goliath in this gen's console war. Low prices + many good semi-old games = buy now!
Now onto the consoles.
>Xbox One
Looking at 2013 and 2014's E3's, the Bone is suffering an identity crisis. Does it want to be the next watercooler or hardcore heaven? The Xbox has always shone in "casual" settings, with games like Halo and Call of Duty being its flagships. There are some interesting exclusives like Killer Instinct and the upcoming Tomb Raider and Sunset Overdrive, but it's basically a PS4 with different exclusives that spies on you. Personally, it's better waiting for a price drop and MANY more games.
>PS4
The console to beat at the moment. A sale powerhouse, but let's look at why: marketing. This is the new DUDEBRO machine, and it's eating the Xbox One alive. It's very similar to the Xbox One in that it's biggest draws are multiplayer multiplats and exclusives like Infamous, Bloodbourne, and - I'm loath to say it - The Last of Us Remastered. Still very pricey, but if last gen taught us a lesson, it's this: buy a Sony console at the end of the gen for massive fucking bargains and loads of games. Wait two years and this will be a damn good investment.

WiiU and PC next post!
>>
File: f4f[2].jpg (46 KB, 416x419) Image search: [Google]
f4f[2].jpg
46 KB, 416x419
>>258560735
Only on ps4
>wild
>Rime
>bloodborne
>Deep Down
>anounced Guerrila RPG
>Until Dawn
>Alienation
>Tommorow children
cross gen with ps3
>New Yakuza
>Guilty Gear XRD

>inb4 lol indies
these are not indies
>>
>>258561494
The Vita isn't dead, but the fact that Sony has never had, by their standards, an acceptable market share, and they certainly haven't increased it, doesn't bode too well for there being a next portable.

That could be wrong, but Sony doesn't lose much leverage as a company, or even within the PS brand by cutting their portables loose next gen.
>>
>>258560735
Doesn't even matter if it gets no exlusives. It's the console of choice for multiplats because the other 2 are complete shit.
>But muh PC
Kick and scream about PC all you want and I will agree but there's simply no way PC multiplat sales will come close to what they'll sell on PS4.
>>
All consoles will die this gen because console devs and marketing has got so fucking cheeky bastard it is driving consumers into the ground.
>>
>>258560451
Multibillion corporations take a long time to fall, but it happens eventually.
>>
>>258562051
>Wii U
The "odd one out". Nintendo has failed horribly at marketing the poor little guy, people don't know it's a new console. It's also been abandoned by many 3rd parties, but let's be honest - Nintendo isn't about that shit. Nobody bought a Wii to play Call of Duty on, it's for the exclusives, and Nintendo hasn't failed so far. With The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, ZombiU, Mario Kart 8, and the upcoming Bayonetta 2 and the almighty Smash Bros, the Wii U isn't a console to laugh at. You can snag a Wii U for $200 on Nintendo's website, which is a great deal. Time will tell if the Wii U will be the Little Engine That Could of this gen or the world's best paperweight.
>PC
What is there to be said? Best version of ANY multiplat, best back catalog, emulation, best indie scene (if you care about that sort of stuff), and it's a fucking computer. Will win every gen.
>>
>>258562013
Are you implying Halo won't save the Xbone?
>>
File: _.png (250 B, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
_.png
250 B, 125x125
>>258559267
>>
There's literally no point in getting a PS4 if you have a PC unless you are that obsessed with the souls series.
>>
>>258562068
The only good games there are Wild, Bloodborne, and Guilty Gear.
Let's not delude ourselves into thinking a Capcom f2p game has any chance of being good.
>>
>>258562169

>Xseed sold more copies of TC on steam than anywhere else

I want my weeb shit on PC
Everyone wants weeb shit on PC

Why japan dont indulge us with that?
>>
>>258562165
I think Nintendo will continue to make portables. I bet their next system is a combo of home/portable hardware (sort of like the WiiU remote, except useful).
>>
Once again I'll primarily be playing on PC and my handheld of choice.

Idort isn't what it used to be.
>>
>>258562165
There probably won't be another PSP. Hell, the only reason the Vita was made was that the PSP was a huge hit and they couldn't just *not* make a sequel to a popular handheld, even though the market wasn't the same anymore.

In my dreams, PlayStation merges with Nintendo after Sony collapses and the Sony guys make all of Nintendo's hardware from here on out.
>>
>Nintendo will pull through, they'll release their next console after the next Xbox + PS to get a better insight on the hardware front.

>The PS4 is the 360 of this gen. It'll be Dudebro central and Sony may invest in a few TPS/FPS Games.

>The Xbone may not beat the PS4, but I predict it will outsell the WiiU.

>I predict Rare will make a comeback with new IP. I don't think they'll use old IP until Spencer is sure they are ready.

>The Order 1886 will have poor sales.

>3DS Smash Bros will outsell WiiU Smash Bros.

>Naughty Dog will only make grimdark third person shooters this gen.
>>
WiiU is more alive than ever.
Way more alive than any of the other consoles.
I mean, if you don't have a PC you are a fucking pleb, period, by now there's just no excuse not to have one
>Easy to build
>Cheap to build
>Get the best versions of most games
If you have a PC, you get the best version there, so PS4 and Xbone are just dead weight. The only console worth it is the WiiU.

Vita and 3DS are still alive too. Vita is only good for weeb games though so it's like a niche form of being alive.
>>
>>258561494
Yea dvd player capability was the main reason ps2 sold well. Otherwise, it was just a bad alternative to PC gaming.
>>
>>258562267
Are you implying that it will?

>>258562547
Good stuff.
>>
>>258559675
/v/ is worse than that Jim Cramer guy
>>
>>258562547
Well, DVD, backwards compatibility, and the fact that the Gamecube and Xbox came out way late.
>>
>>258562068
>indies and and a Fapcom f2p game.

I own a fucking ps4 and even i think this is just sad.
>>
who ever think of "this" future (pic related) is a fucking idiot.

same for Xbone's initial exclusives
>>
>>258562492
they might try a phone platform
not necessarily dedicated hardware
>>
Maybe these consoles will continue to not convince you to buy them, but none of them are going to be DEAD, not in the way that console fanboys on /v/ like to jerk themselves off thinking about.

Except Vita. Vita will probably be dead.
>>
>>258559787
>wifiless PSP

Do you suck dicks?
>>
>>258562661
>Are you implying that it will?

Yes, because Halo is a fuckhuge franchise that can sell millions just on brand loyalty alone.

I don't even like the series or the Xbone, but to say that it won't push hardware units is complete ignorance on your part.
>>
PS4 will survive and do well due to it not being from Microsoft and being more powerful with more marketable games than the Wii U.

Vita will continue to survive on its small niche games; indie and A or AA at best. Don't underestimate how much shit much anime fan boys will eat.

3DS will have its ebb and flows depending on when Pokemon, Zelda and Mario games are released on it as the majority of devs are starting to remember that the 3DS is owned by Nintendo. Ditto for the Wii U.

XBONE may recover, but I doubt it: Sony has sunk its talons into the majority of the fan base

PC will see a surge of Japanese games soon: Xseed, KT, and Konami have proven there is demand for it.
>>
>>258559267
>Some time in mid 2015 these consoles will be officially dead in the water.
>>B-but muh Halo
>No.
>>B-but muh pantyquest
>nah
>>B-but muh Smash!
>Nay.
>These consoles are arguably dead already but they'll be long forgotten by the end of next year for sure.

You have to be absolutely new to vidya or trying to stir up shit to state this just the gen after the PS3 happened
>>
>>258563034
I don't think you're aware of Halo's sales. It's big, It isn't that big. It will move the needle a bit. It won't change the trajectory.
>>
File: 1194631874616s.jpg (3 KB, 118x127) Image search: [Google]
1194631874616s.jpg
3 KB, 118x127
>>258562854
Question.

Why are so many people against the idea of Nintendo going 3rd party? I'm not saying they should, just asking why it puts a bad taste in so many people's mouths.
>>
>>258563034
Okay, then I'm going on record saying that it won't make more than a slight bump in sales. The bone is fucking dead by comparison. They dropped the price by 20% and it still barely made a difference. One franchise (that is pretty stale at this point) is not going to be enough to save it.
>>
>>258561340
It's not about PS4

It's about Sony itself
>>
>>258562405
There's absolutely another Nintendo handheld coming, but I doubt they'll release it for some time. The 3DS has legs and no real competition other than smart phones.

If you want patterns, then we could potentially see another Pokemon generation on the 3DS towards the last bit of its life.

>>258562946
It's too development heavy for a market that they have no real presence in. It would be hell, and the only way they could succeed is making it like the Windows phone, which would pretty much mean it would just be a normal smartphone with PS trophies and friends lists.
>>
>>258563267
Because my brand loyalty, you fucking pleb.
What sad excuse for a gamer doesn't stick by their brand?
I'll bet you don't even have any Zelda tattoos, you casual scum faglord.
>>
>Playstation still alive
> still no games
>>
>>258562497
>Naughty dog will only make...
God damn it, anon.
I miss Crash too much, I wish he would back rather than this SJW bullshit.

ND made my PS2 my world.
Do they see it as too kiddy now?

Hold me /v/.
>>
>>258563473
Neat.
>>>/biz/
>>
>>258563267
It's leverage as a company. Nintendo is a massive company, and giving up hardware would make it a substantially smaller company, and therefore it would be less capable of doing what it wanted to do and less resistant to economic crises.

The kids that post on the internet assume that a huge company like Nintendo posting a loss for a couple years puts it in dire straits, but that's just stupid. If they were software only, it would sting a lot more.
>>
>>258563613
>only le 00's kids remember this maymay XD
>>
PS4 will need to get games EVENTUALLY if it wants to keep this up.
>>
File: Third-Partyntendo.png (100 KB, 836x390) Image search: [Google]
Third-Partyntendo.png
100 KB, 836x390
>>258563267
because Sonic Jump and Sonic Boom is fucking shit and Zynga is digging a grave thanks to iOS and Mattrick.

and who in hell's bells want to see a Zelda game on PS4 when nobody like Nintendo at all?

fuck off
>>
>>258563267
You do not want Nintendo to go third party. Its bad for the industry as a whole as it reduces competition. Three or four seems to be a good number based on previous generations.
>>
File: 1381538909955.png (556 KB, 695x660) Image search: [Google]
1381538909955.png
556 KB, 695x660
>>258561079
>lel it sold half as much as PS4 and is dead in europe with no hope of recovery
You don't get the big picture. The profits they are going to make off the Xbone are larger than the 360, due to a larger market and more reliable hardware. They have lost market share, yes. They are scrambling to recover that, but to call it a failure is ignorant of basic economics. The Xbox One will make some people very rich.

>There are more "gamers" now, of course they're faster
Yeah and gamers prefer the PS4, in general. Wait until the generation really gets going. The Xbone will tap into the market of yuppies looking to create an entertainment center. Those people don't buy consoles at launch.

>>258561947
>But it has already #REKT all competiton. Why so deluded?
No it hasn't. You're implying that the competition is suffering. On the contrary, the competition is being made very rich by their systems. Its just that the PS4 is bringing in even MORE money. Remember, the gaming market expands each generation. It is WAY bigger now than 2006.
>>
>>258563924
>It's leverage as a company. Nintendo is a massive company, and giving up hardware would make it a substantially smaller company, and therefore it would be less capable of doing what it wanted to do and less resistant to economic crises.
>The kids that post on the internet assume that a huge company like Nintendo posting a loss for a couple years puts it in dire straits, but that's just stupid. If they were software only, it would sting a lot more.

It's got Metal Gear and Bloodborne to attract a few people.

Did it have any strong dudebro games to real them in too?
>>
>>258563267
Simple. Nintendo's game strategy is unlike other console-makers. Their strategy is making large amounts of first-party games in a certain stylistic form and gameplay form. They also often crossover. This has created an extremely dense fandom of nintendo, of the shared love of that style of game. However, if nintendo went third-party and released on multible systems, the cohesiveness of the games together would be lost, since "Nintendo" would just be the name you see when it starts. Nothing more. There is no sega fandom. If they went third-party, the fandom will die, and they will be just another developer.
>>
>>258563678
/r/ing that pic where a bunch of NeoGAF users are saying they prefer new ND much more than old ND.
>>
Killer Instinct on PC when?
>>
>>258563998
>PS4 sells double the amount of Xbone and WiiU sales
>b-b-but the other companies are still making money so Sony didn't win! :^)
>>
>>258564025
Bloodborne is dudebro these days.
>>
>>258563971
Wow why do all of those ideas in that picture sound awful?

Or was that sort of the point.
>>
>>258563993
it would increase competition though. I doubt it could be sustained though. If Nintendo enters the arena, one of the big 3 will bow out because the gaming community would be stretched too thin. theyde still congregate around one major console.
>>
>>258564025
Destiny is going to be Dudebro as fuck.
>>
>>258564286
I suppose so, are they going to market it as DaS but for casuals! Or something?
>>
>>258564467
That's exactly what they're doing.

"Appeal to a wider audience".
>>
meanwhile sony couldn't afford what Activision offers to bring in Crash and Spyro in PSASBR and give 'em a HD collection exclusive on PS4.

i'm gonna be laughing my ass off if Sakurai reveals a pic of the day revealing Crash, Spyro, and Banjo as trophies because Activision and MicroRare wanted to feed the hungry fans.
>>
>>258564337
>sponsored by /r/playstation

No no no, what are you talking about, the ideas are absolutely fantastic.
>>
File: 1318449914723.jpg (27 KB, 544x409) Image search: [Google]
1318449914723.jpg
27 KB, 544x409
Looks like this gen the master race is those who have PC, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, 3ds and Vita.
>>
Why would you buy any console besides the 3DS to begin with?

Every game of note is coming to the PC. You don't have to pay for an online service to play it either.
>>
>>258564424
Not really: If that happened you can be damned sure Nintendo wouldn't do jack and shit for Microsoft or its Xbox. It would literally become a Western vs Eastern console situation with a little crossover between the two.
>>
>>258564083
This post doesn't make any sense.

Why Nintendo stop making Nintendo games if they stopped making their own hardware?
>>
>>258563267
now imagine if Nintendo fans left /v/, you snitching nigga.

How would it be like?
>>
>>258564337
It's obviously the point, every line is some kind of tired old fanboy troll/rage material.
>>
>>258564590

Indeed, that's exactly why they got rid of shields in the combat.
>>
>>258564690
Please visit
>>>/biz/
The other two will be around this gen but they're damp squibs next to PS4.
>>
>>258559267
>PS4 is and will remain the console of choice for casuals this gen and like it or not, it will have some great exclusive but probably nothing that will sway brand loyalists.

How can you say that, when Xbox has Halo and Call of Duty, which has been more focused as a xbox title, similar to how playstation is treating destiny right now?

What online games does playstation have that casual people who like shooters will play?
f2p garbage like planetside?
>>
>>258564769
Yeah I thought they meant "why doesn't Nintendo make a PS/Xbox clone and compete directly?"

Turns out they meant "why doesn't Nintendo go full-Sega?"
>>
>>258564860
shittonne less shitposting

everyone should leave /v/ really
>>
>>258564995
After reading Metroid by Bioware, and Kirby Visual Novel I sort of got that.
>>
>>258564794
You don't quite understand. I'm saying that you don't hear of fanboys for a third party. You hear fanboys for franchises, but not the third party itself. They'd still make the same franchises, but there wouldn't be such a thing as a "Nintendo Fanboy".
>>
The WiiU has no future, it's was a half baked idea, launched too early (needed firmware upgrades to even play games and have off TV). A complete and utter fuck up.
Their mistake was putting the word "Wii" in the title, trying to basically leech from their previous fad box as well as conflicting marketing.

Sadly, the name "Wii" has become associated with casuals, wagglan and shovelware, that's why Nintendo has lost a ton of Consumer, Developer and Publisher trust.
Whatever money Nintendo made from it is worthless now, the damage to their brand has been done, it's gonna take 2 more gens of good will to get that back.
Better luck next gen.
>>
>>258564860
>implying Nintenbabbies and asshurt Xbones don't account for at least 80% of the shitposting on /v/
>>
File: IMG_20140818_162140.jpg (58 KB, 564x411) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140818_162140.jpg
58 KB, 564x411
>45 million

Holy fuck they have to be swimming in money
>>
>>258565260
>I'm saying that you don't hear of fanboys for a third party.

Sure you do. Bioware fanboys, Capcom fanboys, Cave fanboys, Bungie fanboys, Valve fanboys, FromSoft fanboys...
>>
>>258565432
>sold at a loss
>>
>>258563971
>fuck off

???
>>
>Sony still has no games
>Nintendo does have games (you may not like them, but they exist)
>somehow only Nintendo is dead
Explain.
>>
>>258565363
There are no Xbones to be butthurt. No seriously I can go to /v/ for an entire week spending all day and still not see one. I'm starting to think no xbones are on /v/ and the only one who seem like they are, are trolling.
>>
>>258565717
memes =/= truth
>>
>>258565168
Nintendo sells their hardware at a profit, which is rather unique for them.. They also like giving lots of money to Toshiba because they can't into patents.
>>
>>258565363
It's something like 60% Sony, 20% PC, 20% Nintendo. The Xbox people either hide well or false flag, because they are nowhere to be found.
>>
File: 345345345.jpg (429 KB, 1690x1825) Image search: [Google]
345345345.jpg
429 KB, 1690x1825
>>258559267
There you go.
>>
>>258565717
Bloodborne
Wild
RIME
Alienation
Uncharted 4: Thief's End
Little Big Planet 3
Let it Die
The Order 1886
Guilty Gear Xrd
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Deep Down
Shadow of the Beast
Hellblade
Until Dawn
Natural Doctrine
Onechanbara Z2: Chaos
Assault Suit Leynos
Omega Quintet
Tomorrow's Children
Driveclub
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed
Yakuza: Ishin
new Earth Defense Force
Idolm@ster
Disgaea 5
Gundam game
new Tales game
new Falcom game
new Wild Arms game

The PS4 does have games (you may not like them, but they exist)
>>
It's funny considering the 3DS has jack shit coming out this year aside from smash and pokemon whereas the vita has nothing but games coming out.

Ports/multiplats are there, yeah. Doesnt stop them from being games.

> inb4 hurr shita assmad shitposters
>>
>>258565548
As of July 2012 they make profit on the 3ds
>>
>>258565807
they left years ago
it's just a mask shitposters put on to draw attention to some other fanboys
>>
>>258560451
>2004
>>sonys going to go under any time now
What?

And they have gotten consistently worse, you know that right?

>lets be real here, if shit does hit the fan for sony they will just spin off PS into its own company, too profitible to let go

Is this a joke?

Is this what neogaf does to people?
>>
>>258565458
Valve has a platform on PC, so that doesn't count. PC platforms are the equivalent of Vidya consoles.
>>
>>258565854
>memes
It literally has no games, just some announcements. See >>258565936
>>
>>258565178
>everyone should leave /v/ really
but Plebbit, GayFAQ and NeoJIDF aren't any better, half of the known forums have nazi/jew mods, most of the other chans are slow as fuck, and /v/idyachan (/v/'s 7chan) doesn't not exist yet.

where else to go?

>>258565363
yet moot said post-PS2/PSP Sony fanboys are the worst in /v/.

also the x-shilling went down since Mattrick left to Zynga and the 360 fanboys moved to PS4.
>>
>>258559267
>ass defect 3, shilling bros 2, no games 4th edition
8/8 OP
>>
>>258565953
>Doesnt stop them from being games.
Yes it does. No one buys a system for ports or, god forbid, multiplats.
>>
Honest question. If GameFreak and Nintendo made a buy-to-play Pokemon MMO for the Wii U, would the other consoles stand a chance?
>>
As of this second, for the majority of people, (not /v/, the general consumer), the only reason to own a next gen Console is for Destiny, or some scattered exclusives on each side.

And with Sony leaving a really good impression at e3 2013, an ok one at 2014, being $100 less for a long period of time and marketing Destiny as the best on playstation, (some consumers may even think it's Playstation exclusive still) it makes sense that the console is selling much better.

Until people have reasons to get an Xbone this fall/winter, Ps4 is gonna keep winning

Once microsoft gets Forza horizon, Sunset, and the master chief collection, we'll see how sony fairs.
What big name Ip's are sony releasing this fall/winter?

I like both consoles, so I'm just trying to think this one out
>>
>>258565807
I agree. For sure there are no Xbox fans left. But there are still a few childish faggots who witnessed their favorite brand get utterly annihilated and like to shitpost against PS4 by defending Nintendo and PC.
Not to say that Nintendo and PC defenders aren't legit but a small number of them are the X360 refugees.
Anyone defending the bone is indeed a troll.
>>
>>258566043
What, you mean a store? A digital store isn't a platform.
>>
>>258559267
>No shills / brand loyalists
get out of the thread OP
>>
>>258566146
Yes. Look at how much backlash there was from MK8's DLC.
>>
>>258560424
>the only faggot who actually seems to know what he's talking about
>floded with sonygger console war dipshits

I feel sorry for ya, bro.

On another note, I wish people would realize the stuff you're saying.
>>
>>258566046
>literally
not liking the games it has doesn't mean they don't exist.
Also it has the multiplats. WiiU does not.
>>
>>258566146
In the long term, that would kill the mainline Pokemon series, which is one of their biggest earners.
>>
File: 3ds monster hunter.jpg (332 KB, 906x416) Image search: [Google]
3ds monster hunter.jpg
332 KB, 906x416
>>258565548
The 3DS was NEVER sold at a loss. Even now, I think most 3DSes sold are XLs, and they go for the same price as a Vita.
>>
>>258566151
>really good impression at e3 2013
Sorry what, did we watch different E3s?
>>
Why /v/ like portables so much?

I loved my gameboy when I was a kid but now... There's like, five or six games I would like to play between 3DS and Vita
>>
the ps4 is going to be a multiplat machine for the rest of its lifecycle, and will continue to be the console of choice based solely off of it not being an xbox. it won't get the jap games in the number that the ps3 did, however. i'm guessing that by the end of this gen, there will be 30 or so ps4 exclusives.

the xbox1 is going to stay low on the sales charts, even if it gets some great titles, thanks to how the public views it. they simply can't convince people that their console isn't a spybox drm machine anymore, since the idea that it could have been is still there. it will still outsell the wii u, but it's not going to even sell half as many units as the ps4

the wii u will stay small this gen and nintendo will try to win back its "old fanbase" that mostly left during the wii's lifetime. there is really no other way to get back into relevance other than to try and pull out some of those other franchises they don't use much of anymore, like f-zero. if they don't, the wii u won't pass 20m sales by the end of the gen.

the futures of the 3ds and vita are basically already clear. the 3ds will continue to sell well everywhere, but it won't reach ds levels of sales, and the vita will sell alright in japan and poorly everywhere else.
>>
The PS4 is the Wii of this generation.

The WiiU will be the PS3 of this generation.
>>
>>258559267
>No shills / brand loyalists allowed
>realistic
>PS4 on the left
yep, seem /v/ has no bias on Sony judging all the WiiU and Xbone threads here.
>>
>>258566459
e3 2013, you know, the one where xbox was still gunning for the always online, restricted used games, annouced 500 dollar console, sony came in, said they supported used games, 100 dollars less for their console, etc
>>
>>258565936
>About 30 games
>Gee I better buy every one!

If you really gonna take that meme too fair how about I get you the list of games for Wii U and PC.

Oh wait a moment...
It's so fucking long it would crash the site.

Jesus you Sonyfans sure do easily get insulted and get drunken on any tiny advantage you would have but guess what?

There is no PERFECT console it's down to preference. Apart from PC of course.
>>
>>258566501
Except all the PS3 JRPGs and third parties are going to the PS4 not WiiU.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/20/dark-souls-producer-explodes-with-laughter-when-asked-about-a-wii-u-version/
>>
>>258566481
>It won't get the jap games in the number that the PS3 did

How so? It's not like Japanese devs are going to jump on the Xbox or anything
>>
>>258559267
>PCfags still playing ME3 in 2015
>no games
>>
>>258566713
It's cute that sony is your personal boogeyman. Do you check for him under the bed before you sleep?
>>
>>258566624
>implying opinions on /v/ are anywhere close to reflecting what's actually popular.
>>
>>258565548
>200 bucks for shit tier hardware
>sold at loss

Nintendo are the biggest jews.
>>
File: 1407436304135.gif (508 KB, 219x219) Image search: [Google]
1407436304135.gif
508 KB, 219x219
>>258559505
>scratch Sony's name
>Sold 10 million in first 3 months of being available
>these butthurt Nintenbabies
>>
PS4 will continue to dominate the console market though still not hit sales to displace the last-gen systems.
Vita will continue to flounder.

Xbone will struggle as Microsoft continues towards its path of being a business tablet and services company. Windows 9 will launch to minimal enthusiasm and DX12 will see very little adoption.

WiiU will continue to sell slowly but steadily optimistically overtaking the Gamecube's sales pace. 3DS sales will similarly continue steadily.

Steam Machines will hit 2-3 million by the end of the year with high end systems doing will in north america and asia, with low end systems doing much better in Europe and other areas where the console prices are artificially inflated.
>>
>>258566230
I'm not sure if an Xbox fan would flee to Ninty. While PC I understand, Nintendo is pretty branded with kiddy-appropriate games. If I was a typical Xbox fan and not a Nintendo fan, I would first think PS4 and PC. Nintendo is the weird niche on the side.
>>
>>258566145
True, but nobody is saying "buy a vita because this game is also on it" either, people are just listing what it has.

it's no different than Smash for the 3DS or the WiiU.
> B-but different content!
Vita multiplats often do this as well, but they're still vilified as ports and therefore need to be shitposted against.

Even then, it's exclusives are pretty decent and certainly better than Mario Platformer #23.
>>
>>258566691
Oh yes, the one where Sony did as any sane person would expect and not completely fuck their consumers over. Except they went back on their word and are now charging for online, but I digress.

The Xbone leaving a shit impression does not make the PS4 leave a "very good" one.
>>
>>258566480
I play more portables than console games nowadays. I also had a gameboy. It was one of the old ones that came with Tetris.
>>
>>258566713
OP said no shills and brand loyalists.
Why are you so shitter shattered?
>>
>>258564283
Not him but
>winning
Do you really think Bill Gates is sitting there mad because Sony is making more money than him while he's making money himself? The only people that care about anyone "winning" are delusional fanboys.
>>
I'm hoping for Nintendo next-gen systems to be one single device like an Nvidia Shield. You would just have to put it on the dock to play on your tv. It could have the new 2019 tegra chip from Nvidia and be superior to the ps4.
>>
>>258566881
>first 3 months
derp
>first 3 quarters
>>
>>258565994

Why does /v/ think it's the last bastion of rationality regarding video games on the web? It's really awkward watching everyone here OD on their own flatulence.
>>
>>258565953
I hope it stays that way for the vita. It seems that localizers are doing well enough that they're happy to bring over just about anything.

>>258566480
Portables are comfier to play, and each of them can suspend a game and you can go back to it whenever you feel like. It's nice being able to pick up and play an RPG, set it down, then pick it up later that night and not have to deal with load times.
>>
>>258566936
Except in places where console prices are artificially inflated, so are computer parts.
And so will be Steam Machines.
>>
>>258567027
But PC is clearly king.
10 million idiots got the no games machine.

Why would you want anything else unless you are drunk on fanboyisum.
That's Sony's problem, Just look at: >>258566881
>>
>>258566723
because, japan has been moving more and more towards mobile games, and the ps4 is selling poorly there. japs are going to make games for other japs, and right now they're more interested in phone games, vita games, and 3ds games.
>>
>>258567152
This. The Nintendo fanboyism is suffering.
>>
>>258567185
Component prices are less inflated though than the console prices as they tend to trend closer to the exchange rate where the consoles are priced to round numbers. So for the same low-end 720p OpenGL 4.4 Steam Machine that would be more expensive than a PS4 in the US you're looking at ~325gbp to 400gbp so a OEM making prebuilts could possibly hit 375.
>>
>>258567053
You obviously care since you're trying so hard to evade the fact that PS4 has dominated this gen already.
>>
>>258567363
>pc is clearly king

I guess that's why Steam never releases sales figures and only offer ambiguous member sign up information. Also, PC is so king, that's why every third party title is announced on console conferences and PC beggers have to petition for titles to get there, if they ever do

>b-but moba losers s-spend this amount on games

These neckbeard delusions
>>
>>258566881
>m-muh 10 million
>months
meanwhile Nintendo is building shit (explains why the warchest went down) while Sony is losing a bunch of shit while on huge fucking debt and covering up with PS4 sales.

just look how much their divisions and employees are gone and this shit >>258564610
>>
>>258567363
It's king but still not many people care that much about it.
>>
File: your opinion.jpg (95 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
your opinion.jpg
95 KB, 450x338
>smash
>nay
>>
>>258563267

I actually want more Pikmin, Pushmo, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Star Fox and games like Kid: Icarus Uprising and funded games like Wonderful 101. But they have no incentive to make these games if they aren't rounding out their platform(they aren't multi-million sellers) because they'll have to spend even more to make them suitable for the more powerful consoles.

The only people who want Nintendo to go third party for Mario, Zelda, Smash Pokémon and maybe Metroid. Those alone won't satisfy the real fans.
>>
>>258567409
I think this is likely to be the trend for most of the rest of the world soon. As soon as Google and others can work out a good solution to the controller situation tablets are likely to overtake consoles. The new Nvidia Shield tablet for instance has graphics hardware capable of full blown OpenGL 4.4 which puts it slightly ahead of the current consoles.
>>
>>258567152
It's the 4chan superiority complex. If there is any site that can perform similar services to a given section or the total of 4chan, it will be forever hated. I see it all the time on here. Reddit, since it is both more popular (allowing people to yell about normalfags) and has subsections like 4chan, is a common target. Websites that share gifs and images like tumblr are common targets as well. The worst brag is always people thinking that 4chan is so humble on hating itself and all other sites pretend to be good, when in reality all sites love to hate themselves.
>>
>>258567180
And that is why I am optimistic about the vita.
People who own one seem to be happy, at least everyone I've met who has one.

For example, last year when the shitposting was at a peak and Black Friday came by, there was nothing but praise for it and every thread made about it had people going
> WELL I HAD THOUGHT IT'D BE SHIT BECAUSE OF WHAT I WAS TOLD BUT IT REALLY ISNT

The shitposting went from
> Lol no games
To
> Lol no games but ports
To
> Lol no games but weebshit
And now Sony and localization teams realized that outside of Japan, the main type of games being purchased are Japanese and Niche games.

It has become a Japanese/Niche handheld and I fucking love it since there arent enough people to shit it up.
>>
>>258567826
>trying to downplay a system in its first year selling 10 million in 9 month

ohok.jpg

>Nintendo is building shit

Is this guy for real? Holy shit Nintenbabies are pathetic
>>
>>258567826
How many units did the Wii U sell in the same time span?

I can assure you, nowhere near as many as the PS4.

Wii u a shit.
>>
File: 55664.jpg (39 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
55664.jpg
39 KB, 768x432
>>258567095
Nintendo should totally do a 2-in-1 system. Especially when Nvidia is getting better on mobile chips each years.
>>
>>258566145
Most people buy a "main system" for multiplats (see: PS4, 360, PS2).
>>
>>258568376
I'm not mad because you are insulting Nintendo even though I am a nintendo fan, but please call us Nintenyearolds. Nintenbabies isn't clever at all. No I am not the one you are replying.
>>
>>258568483
Not while nvidia is making backroom deals with publishers in order to blame games running like shit on the consumer having outdated hardware, instead of being honest about games being poorly optimized.
They make good cards, but no. Just no.
>>
>>258566480
Portables are the only place where 3rd party Japanese games are still a thing. Most home console games can be played on PCs.
>>
>>258567801
>I guess that's why Steam never releases sales figures and only offer ambiguous member sign up information.

You say that as if every company released info.

Or as is Steam releasing info was anything like the rest, since Steam has games from other companies.

>Also, PC is so king, that's why every third party title is announced on console conferences and PC beggers have to petition for titles to get there, if they ever do

You are delusional if you think petitions do anything most of the time, SE is starting to enter PC development, MGSV is on PC too, GTAV gets a PC version too, even things like dark souls, from a relatively small studio get a PC release.

The market is moving towards PC pretty fucking hard, while the PC market is just increasing in size
>>
>>258567992
>Zelda will save the WiiU
>New Mario New U New Bros New will save the WiiU
>Mario Kart 8 will save the WiiU
>Smash will definitely save the WiiU.
>>
>>258568427
>I want to be like 10mil others
Wow. Try thinking for yourself, sales REALLY shouldn't affect your purchases.

Or do you always follow the mainstream?
>>
>>258567095
That would actually make perfect sense especially since they've already been flirting with the idea with the WiiU controller.
>>
>>258568483

Terrible idea it'd be too expensive the Nintendo handheld line needs to be affordable enough that there can be more than one per household.
>>
>>258567826
>explains why the warchest went down

The warchest is barely even going down
>>
>>258568483
Nintendo's next system will almost certainly be handheld with a HDMI dongle. As you say there's very little reason for them to keep a two system strategy and Nintendo internally has been striving towards a single system for quite a while. They even integrated their teams a while back in preparation.

We might see something along the lines of the Vita and the VitaTV if they want to keep a TV specific system.
>>
>>258568089
>they'll have to spend even more to make them suitable for the more powerful consoles.

That's a misconception. More powerful hardware doesn't necessarily mean more expensive games. (see: Vita and PS4).
>>
>>258568824
>talking about Zelda

Zelda isn't even out yet, why are you acting like it is?
>>
File: getaloadofthisguy.jpg (8 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
getaloadofthisguy.jpg
8 KB, 255x198
>>258561179
>3DS
>dead
Have you even been paying attention to sales? The 3DS is selling at a faster rate than the DS ever did, and the DS is the best selling console of all time.
>>
File: AMD.jpg (4 KB, 364x138) Image search: [Google]
AMD.jpg
4 KB, 364x138
>>258568751
More AMD fanboy conspiracy theories? I'm surprised you didn't mention Jews.
>>
>>258568376
>Is this guy for real? Holy shit Nintenbabies are pathetic

Nintendo has been investing left and right, hiring developers and getting buildings.

Sony has fired developers and sold assets.

This is objective fact.
>>
>>258568912
Then how much a Wii U and 3DS xl cost combined?
About 500 bucks.
>>
>>258567152
>Why does /v/ think it's the last bastion of rationality regarding video games on the web? It's really awkward watching everyone here OD on their own flatulence.

It's simply about the enormous Sony bias Neogaf has, nothing more.
>>
File: 1399943588828.jpg (5 KB, 201x192) Image search: [Google]
1399943588828.jpg
5 KB, 201x192
>>258568813
>You say that as if every company released info.
Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are all publicly traded so they do...
>not knowing basic economics
>calling other people fanboys or delusional
>then offers economic opinion based on own rapid fanboyism
>>
>>258569062
AMD fanboy?
I use Nvidia on my PC. I said it myself, they make good cards.
I'm just not blindly pretending that the company is full of saints, because it isn't.
>>
>>258568874
Where did I imply that sales would affect my decision in a purchase AT ALL?
I am asking how much was sold in the same span, not how much before I would buy one.

Because frankly, I dont intend on getting the piece of shit that is the Wii U PURELY because of >>258568824

it has no future aside from its endless rehashes and casual audiences.
>>
>>258568427
Sales = quality when it comes in handy I guess.

Candy crush truly is one of the best games we have ever had.
>>
>>258561179
>All the games worth playing on the 3DS are on the Wii U except better.
are you joking? do you know anything?
>>
>>258569127

Don't start that, Nintendo handhelds always sell more than their consoles, not every handheld owner owns the associated console.

a hybrid 2-in-1 is only a good way for Nintendo to decrease the number of systems(and by extension games) they sell in a generation by more than 50%.
>>
>>258568874
>sales don't matter except when the Wii outsold everything last gen but this gen Nintendo are getting destroyed so sales no longer matter

Sales also influence devs. Devs aren't going to waste their time optimising for a last gen console and releasing on the bone will be scarcely worth it either.
>>
>>258569219
I've only ever been there because of /v/ and I have yet to see anything like that. If anything it's got a stop-hurting-my-feelings problem.
>>
>>258568912
Nexus 7 is more powerful than the 3DS or the Vita, it sells for $200-$250. The idea that Nintendo couldn't do a system with a tall format 800x1280 screen with more modern OpenGL ES 3 hardware in several years time is ridiculous.
>>
>>258569248
>Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are all publicly traded so they do...

Yes, can you get me the sales from the titles sold for these consoles?

Can I get, say, Bayonetta's sales on PS3 from Sony?

No, no I can't.

It's the same deal, obviously Steam has numbers, obviously Sony has numbers, this doesn't mean they will disclose them or that they have to
>>
>>258569357
As opposed to the PS4 with its Souls rehashes and Movie Games?

Or the Xbone with its Dewrito Sponsored Season Pass FPS?

Or PCs with their spreadsheet simulators?

Gee, I guess when you're strawmanning that hard, videogames in general are pretty shit, huh?
Maybe we should all find new hobbies.
Sailing sounds fun.
>>
>>258569092
>Not realizing Sony spent tens of millions for their new Amsterdam building

Yawn fanboy
>>
>>258565432
Wii U have sold 6.68M according to last raport.
>captcha is Crisis
>>
>>258561179
Nintendo killed themselves by releasing Smash in the 3DS nobody is going to buy a WiiU for Smash when they can have a 3DS with Pokémon as well
>>
>>258569504
>and releasing on the bone will be scarcely worth it either.

I can't get over how incredibly deluded the sony fanbase is

If the piece of shit that was the PS3 got ports you can bet your balls xbone is getting ports
>>
Why would you need a PS4 when you have a PC which will get those games.
>>
>>258569364
Here's the thing though. Candy Crush is a good game, in the subsection of games that is mobile games. Mobile games are mostly made to keep people from boredom, rather than attempting to provide large entertainment. Since candy crush is very addictive and thus can delay boredom for a long time, it is a good game. But only in the market of mobile games.
>>
>>258569357
>Didn't watch Nintendo's E3.
>Missed Splatoon, Zelda U, Smash, X, 3 M rated games and countless others
>casual

Wow. At least LEARN about your opposition before you post.
The Wii U is MEANT to get rid of the casual tag, but you are too ignorant to think otherwise because you hate change.
>>
>>258569756
>nintendo killed themselves by releasing one of the most successful franchises on their current most successful platform

Oh okay, why don't you go be a CEO then with that mindset.
>>
Goddamn /v/. When are you going to grow up?

You only see what you want to see.
>>
>>258569645
>tens of millions
>last year they sold the fucking headquarters for 1.2 billion

PROGRESS
>>
>>258569486
Alternately by selling a $180 handheld with an optional $50 wireless TV dongle they could increase sales of games by offering party modes that could be enabled via a small download to the TV adapter encouraging more people to get the handheld systems for social gaming. The exact niche where the Wii was a hit and the WiiU and the 3DS to some extent have fallen flat.
>>
>>258569641
sailing is for fags
>>
File: 1406653462713.png (70 KB, 320x273) Image search: [Google]
1406653462713.png
70 KB, 320x273
>>258569589
>Can I get, say, Bayonetta's sales on PS3 from Sony?

Oh fuck, these fucking kids. Is the school year starting yet?

>conversation about consoles and PC
>brings Sega THE PUBLISHER in the conversation for fuck all reason
>not knowing the difference

Go back to reddit, pleb
>>
>>258569568

Nintendo had to drop back down to Gameboy-like prices with the 2DS to continue selling 3DS's at a good rate.

The 3DS and Vita are good case studies in how handhelds at can't sell at $250.
>>
>>258559267
The wiiu has zelda smash and mario. It will stay in 3rd place, but is worth owning if you actually like video games and aren't a fucking plebe. Just like the gamecube.
>>
>>258569543
It's simply a PR front.

For example, they tried to spread the word that EA was in damage control mode over not putting Titanfall on PS4 when it was completely Sony's fault
>>
>>258569943
>Wow. At least LEARN about your opposition before you post.

Look a fanboy that sees anyone he argues against must be his rival fanboy.
>>
>>258559267
Nice strawman
>>
>>258559267
>Everything the Wii U has that people want except Smash and Bayo2 comes out in 2015
>Wii U dying in 2015

2/10 made me reply despite at least 100 anons probably already making note of this
>>
>>258569823
You don't

But the sonygger fanbase is the only one that tries to confront the masterrace

I guess it comes from marketing to 12 year olds for a decade
>>
>>258569037
he's talking about Hyrule Warriors and the game has been out for a few fucking days at japan.

to the Sony faggots, if the nintendo game didn't sell 200 million in one day or week or got a bug glitch or a early or bad review from IGN, it's a failure.

funny they like to compare old and dead units from a predecessor with fresh and alive units from a new game.

their is no winning to please or frighten the Sony fans, PC fans, the gaming Media, and the anti-Nintendo audience. if Nintendo does anything, they are gonna go full shit on them.
>>
>>258569963
Smash and Pokémon together are an excellent strategy to revive the momentum of the 3DS but it has the cost of fucking the WiiU over

And i only have a 3DS, the more they sacrifice the WiiU for the 3DS, the better for me.
>>
>>258570017
>Nintendo is spending money but Sony isn't and they're shuttering doors
>Is shown Sony is opening new, larger buildings to replace older ones
derp
>uh... Sony the electronics company at large is losing money
>Sony's gaming wing is profitting
>Nintendo which is just a gaming company is continuing operating at a loss

sounds like you've lost an argument, fella
>>
File: matsumoto.png (215 KB, 414x442) Image search: [Google]
matsumoto.png
215 KB, 414x442
>>258570075
oi take that back m8
>>
>>258570475
>hyrule warriors
The fuck?
Since when did Musou games ever "save" a platform? Why are people even considering it?

Zelda means Zelda, not Zelda Musou.
>>
>>258570515
>>Is shown Sony is opening new, larger buildings to replace older ones

Disregarding reality doesn't make it go away
>>
>>258570754
>Since when did Musou games ever "save" a platform? Why are people even considering it?
NintenDOOOOMED fans just added it to their "X will save WiiU" list.

they really do care how it goes
>>
>>258570496
Oh yeah, at the cost of ostracizing over half of their fanbase who goes handheld-only.

I'm sure that'll go well, seeing as one of the main complaints regarding the Wii was that it wasn't made for Nintendo's core fans.

No but seriously, you should totally become a CEO. Why don't you go ask Iwata for the job?
>>
>>258570423
I don't think strawman means what you think it means
>>
>>258571017
whoops, mistake

>*they really don't care how it fucking goes
>>
>>258570196
>Taking the words completely into context
>Your Asperger's is showing
*tips katana*
>>
>>258570189
I don't recall that at all. I do recall the devs not being aware of the exclusive deal EA signed with MS at the time.
>>
File: 1385929478908.jpg (100 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1385929478908.jpg
100 KB, 500x384
>>258570602
no
>>
>>258571306
You mean the "Jew the economy" EA Access deal?
I don't even like Sony anymore but respect to them for not allowing it.

Meanwhile you'd never fucking get that from Nintendo.
>>
>>258571306
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/61384/t1999523-titanfall-ps4-ea-sorry-for-lack-of-sony-console-release/

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=238561

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/the-truth-about-titanfalls-exclusivity.453922605/
>>
>>258559267
I am actually glad that the ps4 is completely destroying the wii u's and xbone's ass so bad like that. There's just too many fucking consoles already and I really don't want to mess with them any longer save for one or two AT BEST for the few worthwhile exclusives. So I say good riddance for both of them, specially since they are so behind the ps4 in terms of specs, which is already a console that is nothing to write home about itself. Already got a 3DS XL with gateway to play the few worthwhile games on the 3ds and the rest of the money I pour on my pc. Fuck console gaming in the ass.
>>
>2015
Vita is kill
Mircosoft becomes butt buddies with EA and integrates Origin into Xbone.
Wii U stays alive with exclusives
3DS stays strong
PC market and playerbase reaches new heights.
>>
This thread is le diahrrea donkey ass. Everyone know that ps4 is best sonsole. it has le bloodborn

halo a shit

smash a shit

pc a shit

fuk u
>>
>>258570174
Uh huh sure, because we were all missing so much when everybody had the fucking ps2 the time the gamecube came and went.
>>
File: 1372822268200.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1372822268200.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>258567704
Only console war faggots give a shit about who wins and loses

People who actually like vidya will play their vidya and not give a shit while companies keep making money

As long as said company is making money, everything else is irrelevant. All Sony is doing by selling so fast is recovering any loses they have

The only thing I give a shit about is shitheads like you spreading misinformation around and acting like retards
>>
>>258572016
Oh and PS4 does good I guess
>>
>>258571790
>>You mean the "Jew the economy" EA Access deal?
>I don't even like Sony anymore but respect to them for not allowing it.

Not allowing what?

Competing with their PS+ since it blows it out of the water?

Are you seriously lapping up with a response that literally comes from the PR department and goes like "We value our consumers too much for this"? The only reason they rejected it is because of competition.

>Meanwhile you'd never fucking get that from Nintendo.

I don't even know what you mean, are you claiming that Nintendo would allow something like this?
>>
>>>/neogaf/
>>
Vita still has a feeding tube that connects to Nipponland and the PS4.
>>
>>258569943
>M rated = hardcorrrre

Also, most of those games ARE casual, not that there's anything wrong with that.
>>
>>258563520
>The 3DS has legs

Really short ones though. It is basically competition free and is doing nowhere near as good as the DS did, and there is fuckall to look forward too. The system's peak time is already gone.
>>
>>258562719
Being ahead of the competition in terms of time means nothing. Otherwise the Wii-U and Xbox360 would have dominated sales
>>
>>258559267
im thinking of buying a ps4 only for bloodborne, convince me not to do it please /v/
>>
>>258572720
>and is doing nowhere near as good as the DS did

Nothing has ever done as good as the DS did.

Not in the past, not a single one time.

It's stupid to pretend that the DS was a console with normal sales
>>
>>258572559
Unlike the 3DS, the Vita actually has GAMES, which is what seems to elude nintendo nowadays
>>
>>258572720
And this is all Nintendo's fault. Without a competitor like the PSP and free casual money on the line like with the DS, they've gone lax.

>>258572797
The WiiU was just as powerful as established 8 year old consoles, and the 360 was an unproven competitor going against the juggernaut Wii and the "reigning champ" the PS3. Tons of people bought up PS3s with the assumption that Japanese 3rd parties would be just as dominant in the new gen as the last.
>>
>>258572976
It's the fourth fucking game in five years, the last one was underwhelming as shit already and you would be purchasing one of the most cancerous systems that have existed
>>
File: Whichoneareyou.png (332 KB, 1567x1600) Image search: [Google]
Whichoneareyou.png
332 KB, 1567x1600
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.