[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MMO Recommendations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 54
File: 5312.jpg (277 KB, 1572x891) Image search: [Google]
5312.jpg
277 KB, 1572x891
What MMOs are /v/ playing? I haven't gotten really into one since Runescape and will have a lot of free time over the next few months.
>>
They're all shit, save your time and play something else
>>
People still playing MMOs? The only one I know is my loser brother which lives with my mom and is unemployed.
>>
FFXIV is the best right now but it's not great. Maybe wait for Black Desert or something.
>>
Guild Wars 2 at the moment
That upcomming update
>>
>>258374174
Try out STO.
Just go through the story missions and then quit.
Better stop while you are ahead.
>>
>>258374312
I know right, why the fuck aren't these guys out at parties getting laid lmao.
>>
>>258374535
Yeah, fuck MMOs, let's just browse /v/ so we don't have to deal with all those nerds
>>
>>258374435
shit update still no new skills weapon types or classes two years in.
finally adding more shit to wvw and pvp wow only took 2 years.

all while guild wars 1 had nightfall before two years and about 5-6 months away from eotn

>>258374407
FFXIV is fun and looking towards trying black desert and tree of savoir
>>
>>258374535
Didn't mean it EXACTLY like that but in my brothers case he should be out looking for a job and his own place.
>>
File: 1405164915512.jpg (13 KB, 443x418) Image search: [Google]
1405164915512.jpg
13 KB, 443x418
>>258374435
>playing Guild Wars 2
>be hyped for those puny updates they make
>>
File: 1386108156972.jpg (29 KB, 256x352) Image search: [Google]
1386108156972.jpg
29 KB, 256x352
>>258374174
>playing mmo
>>
File: 1360943140722.jpg (24 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
1360943140722.jpg
24 KB, 240x320
>>258374174
>Scat thread
>>>/b/
>>
whatever you dont touch archeage. i got a beta invite and that game is paywall to the max.
>>
File: BDO23.jpg (222 KB, 1215x668) Image search: [Google]
BDO23.jpg
222 KB, 1215x668
I'm waiting for Black Desert Online anon
>>
Anyone played the beta for Black Desert? How is it?
>>
File: 1407448312989.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1407448312989.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>258375162
>dat QUALITY texture
>>
You should try TOR or the Elder Scrolls MMO, they're pretty popular on /v/ at least, though I've never played them.
>>
File: BDO20.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
BDO20.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
>>258375720

come again? I couldn't understand you.
>>
>>258375810
From what I've heard Elder Scrolls Online is super buggy, and and not really worth buying unless they get their shit together.
>>
>>258376358
Yeah but honestly bugs are really a part of the Elder Scrolls experience, it's not the same without them.
>>
>>258375546
>Anyone here played the restricted as fuck gook beta

I bet there wasn't even 200 foreign players, let alone that browse /v/ and would be lurking this thread.
>>
File: 1400326004971.jpg (39 KB, 446x362) Image search: [Google]
1400326004971.jpg
39 KB, 446x362
>>258376297
Feel flat man
>>
I'm playing Defiance, it's pretty alright if you don't get frustrated because there's a lack of real end game, I had just been playing for 2 hours and was already doing missions in the highest level zone. It's just a very casual but enjoyable game to grind for hours.
>>
Destiny comes out pretty soon for consoles, it's pretty great.
>>
Runescape was probably the best fun I had in an MMO shit how everything is behind a paywall.
>>
File: BDO21.jpg (297 KB, 1594x932) Image search: [Google]
BDO21.jpg
297 KB, 1594x932
>>258376858

Still not understanding you anon you'll have to speak louder.
>>
FF XIV and WoW are your best bets atm.

I'm playing the ArcheAge beta and it seems like it has potential. Crafting seems to be pretty deep which is what I'm looking for.
>>
>>258379550

ArcheAge turned into a fucking themepark to cater to the damn casuals. It's trash now.

Next thing you know they'll be adding battlegrounds if it isn't already in the game.
>>
Wildstar.
>>
>>258374174
World of Warcraft is still the best out there, especially if you've never played it before. The leveling experience is incredibly fun on your first time through.
>>
im playing tales of pirates 2.

its a shit game, its immensely pay to win (even though you can manage as a free player), its grindy as hell, and yet... i cant get off of it, i came back to play it a week ago and i've been going on pure nostalgia, met some cool new people and got into a guild
>>
>>258382662
oh boy thanks for reminding me! I was waiting for this shit for a long time but they kept delaying the release!

this one right?
http://top2.igg.com/
>>
>>258382662
oh shit they made a second one?
do you still have to sell animal corpse to make dosh
>>
Path of Exile. Not quite an MMO but it's close, and it's actually a good game. It's free without being pay2win.

EVE online is good too, if you can get into it.

I'v heard Ultima Online has some good old-school private servers.

I'd honestly reccomend runescape in the 2007 servers. Quests in that game really are much much better than most MMOs.

Im in the archeage beta and it doesn't seem very good. The Sandbox elements seem tacked on, and really it's just another WoW clone with a completely soulless world.

Tree of Savior and BDO look really good but we'll have to see how it turns out.
>>
>>258380902

I got bored with WoW at 40...
>>
>>258384006
When did you play? They drastically changed 1-60 with the Cataclysm expansion.
>>
>>258374174
Runescape is shit now and the 07 version is dead and dying. It's just not good anymore.

I've been playing a Maplestory private server for a week, it's been fun and fueled my nostalgia boner. I dunno if I'll keep playing it.
>>
>>258384006
mmos don't get good until level cap, rule of thumb.

I'd recommend FFXIV because it's like wow in a final fantasy setting with better leveling.
>>
File: 1406179473098.gif (32 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
1406179473098.gif
32 KB, 750x500
>>258378821
>>258375162
Whatever that game is it looks like Oblivion with graphics mods.
>>
MMO is the only genre where the game is developed around a pricing model. They are literally designed to do nothing but take as much of your money as possible.
MMO is a dead genre, but that's ok because it was cancer anyways.

Don't bother looking for a "good" (haha) MMO to play, anon. There is no such thing.
>>
>>258384585
What about legacy mode? Did that not make it worth playing again ?
>>
Star Wars Galaxies is always good.

http://www.swgemu.com
>>
File: l2 2014-07-29 18-19-48-97.png (714 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
l2 2014-07-29 18-19-48-97.png
714 KB, 1280x800
lineage 2
>>
>>258382849
yes, im playing on Diamond isle ex. coral isle, before the change

>>258383053
its the exact same game, "2" is just a number they added for a more recent version with more content

max level is 130 now, ref gems went from 700k to 5m

pm Zuken or Gene inside, with capped Z and G, remember names in this game are case sensitive
>>
File: BDO7.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
BDO7.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
>>258384732

ill wait for BDO without a level cap and hopefully will have no issues with "NO FUN UNTIL LEVEL CAP" also no battle grounds, player driven economy and no fast travel and last but not least open world pvp and more i cant think of currently.
>>
>>258387020
champion or crusader?

also, saw someone saying you shouldn't spend skill points until you're done being mentored, why? I probably won't get a mentor so I don't know why that would matter

also it seems you can rebirth? saw this comment on the same guide and I can't understand it, hope you can clear it up for me
>Note : this is for champs who are not gonna stick around in FC or DS, only for those who are aiming to get really high

thanks
>>
>>258387559
champion is tank, crusader is damage dealer

im playing crusader, dont like the whole "sitting around eating damage like cookies"

>mentor
i could get you to 41 in what a fart lasts inside a plastic bag.

each character has their builds, just dont spend skillpoints in shit skills, no matter what level you are, if your points are going towards a build, they're well spent.

if you dont want to fuck up your build, google a guide.

the mentor thing works in a way that the mentor gets Reputation points when you level up, its good for the mentor and good for the disciple (because you get leveled quite quick)

come play if you want im so alone ;_;
>>
>>258388091
thanks I'm already installing it, I'm just deciding on what class to play, the shit I was reading said champion with no cash shop shit was complete garbo, but I'm wondering if that isn't the chase for pretty much everything anyways.
>>
>>258379550
>ArcheAge
Archeage is shit. The ONLY good thing about Archeage is trade packs and farming. But besides that:
>Terrible class system. You don't get skill points per lvl, the game auto lvls up the skills that the game wants. (WTF?). There isn't many skills (You literally see everyone throwing the same spells everytime)
>Garbage tier quests: Kill 10 mobs and come back, get the message and deliver it to a NPC in the next village
>No item drop, mobs only drop money.
>You have to pay real money to access Auction House
>Dungeons suck
>Lack of items
>Spell effects are garbage
>Armors, weapons look like garbage. Lvl 50 armor looks like a piece of shit cloth for a lvl 10 guy.
>>
>>258388510
yeah, it is.

Crusader is the best class and is highly overpowered, everyone makes it, so that makes their equipment more expensive

Champion can't solo for shit until high levels and tons of money.

sharpshooter is kind of shitty, i particularly dislike this class but it has good debuffs for bosses (shit defense though)

seal master is special debuffer, useless for everything but bosses

cleric is buffer or healer, both at high level, still can't do shit without party

Voyager is like the "wizard" of the game, uses shells to shoot beams and thunders, and can be built to play on land (AoE attacks) or sea (stunning enemies and sea magic, literally if you meet a voyager in a PK sea area, you're fucked). But then again, they're useless by themselves

Since the maximum level is 130 now, grinding for Refining gems in Demonic World is quite easier once you get some cheap level 75/85 equipment, back when i played, Black Dragon was god tier, now? normal black dragon set is worth like 300k
>>
File: patchy-the-pirate-1.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
patchy-the-pirate-1.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
>>258388510
>>258389229
also, they allowed the Phyllis class (the girl with pink underwear) to become a crusader now, making Phyllis the most versatile character to play, she can become 5 out of 6 available classes in the game, crusader, voyager, sharpshooter, cleric, and seal master.
>>
>>258389229
I see, well I was thinking of following this guide, because it's one of the few updated last year, the rest are from fucking 2009 or even earlier.

http://forum.top.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=175789

>>258389689
yeah my first thought was to make a girl crusader, but if they're common as dirt I don't know, I feel I'll lose interest rather fast, unless it's super god damn fun or something.
>>
>>258379550
>>258380501
>>258388626

I'm waiting on archeage and have been excited about it, please elaborate more on why it's fun/shit.
>>
>>258390137
nope, they're still uncommon.

why? because most high level crusaders from years ago were created when girls still couldn't wield swords, plus most good crusader armor in the server was fused to LANCE apparel.

remember how you can fuse armor to silly animu costumes from one piece, bleach, naruto, and all that shit so you have the armor stats with a cool edgy looking clothing from your favorite generic shonen? well, apparels are character-specific, so an unfused crusader armor can be wield by both phyllis and lance now, but when you fuse it to an apparel it becomes either lance OR phyllis.

i myself haven't seen many girl crusaders out in the field, im playing with my crusader from 8 years ago who was obviously a Lance guy.

didn't you already have an account? i suggest trying to remember it, i had like half a dozen accounts and during this week that i played i started remembering the IDs and passwords of each, getting valuable resources out of them that i had left ages ago, as if my previous self knew i was going to return to this shitty game
>>
I played WoW back during TBC.

I don't remember there being any sort of through-line to the quests, no "Main Scenario" as it were. The little menial quests just kind of pushed you forward into the next area. Is that still the case? Was that ever the case, or am I remembering wrong?
>>
>>258390137
>FC champion

thats the shittiest guide you could have come up with.

FC (Forsaken City) is a level 45 maze, meaning anyone over that level can't get in, and right now its been monopolized by guilds of mallers people who spend real cash on this, why would anyone do that jesus christ.

your best bet is to get to level 75 as fast as you can, using whatever gear you can scavenge, and find a way to make money from there.

theres a permanent event where you get 50 credits a day to spend in the award center (like an item mall but with shittier items where you spend those free "credits" you get) but its a good place to start, its like a daily, stay logged in for 1 hour each day and you'll get them, with 200 credits you can buy an item that you can sell for one million (Blacksmith pliers), you won't get to 75 so easily though, im barely 72, and you have to wait for weekends to grind with the exp events
>>
>>258391672
yuck
>>
>>258390615
I fucking explained why it sucks already.

Also it's not a f2p game, because there is a fucking Labor Points system which allows you to only do few things per day and then you're done, and to get rid of that problem you have to pay $15 a month
>>
I've heard FF14 is adding some classes or something in an upcoming patch, is this common and is it always free?
>>
File: 26413151102.jpg (1 MB, 1676x1024) Image search: [Google]
26413151102.jpg
1 MB, 1676x1024
>>258374174
This game is the true WoWkiller
>>
>>258391672
alright how about this one for crusader then?

http://advancedtalesofpirates.wikia.com/wiki/Crusader_stats_builds

or suggest me a better one

also, which start town should I pick?
>>
>>258392257
English version never
>>
>>258392403
that guide is much better.

have you played the game before?

crusader is basically "get 30 or 40 agi and then pump str to max"

champ is "get 30 or 40 strength and then pump con to max, or if you already have good gear, just pump con to max and worry about str later"
>>
flay me alive for this but current RS is quite alright

vindictus is pretty fun too
maybe you could check out dofus and wakfu, they're pretty unique mmos and I think they got a general on /vg/

I dont really play wow-likes mmos anymore, too boring
>>
>>258392884
Top2 guy here.

i also went back to playing RS since since october 2013 to april 2014, it was quite good, i maxed RC and got like 95ish at herblore through warbands
>>
>>258388626
This is true... cant have sandbox features in a game where levels can be achieved.... it will make the game get lame eventually. SWG and EVE do sandbox well, Archeage doesnt really do a good job making a sandbox, because once you are end level, why even do the other objectives? No point, you beat the game, and once people figure this out, it will be a dead game. Trion Worlds are milking this game cause they know it will die.
>>
>>258392257
>korea trash
>killing anything
Maybe ur mom
>>
>>258393350
> cant have sandbox features in a game where levels can be achieved

but that's wrong, just because you have no imagination and let levels limit yourself doesn't mean you can't have any sandbox features
>>
>>258393660
I know but in reality, 90% of people wont use their imagination because of World of Warcraft, its just the way MMO are and how people play MMOs and you can thank WoW for that. I play EVE man, I know how to use my imagination, its a pure sandbox game. Its the only MMO ive subbed for multiple months at a time.
>>
>>258392142

They do really big content patches for free every 3 months. The next one is adding Rogue and Ninja, and also the Gold Saucer with all the FFVII minigames and the card game from FFVIII
>>
>>258393830
you're not going to be able to capture WoWfags in a sandbox game to begin with.

Stop trying to make games centered around those faggots
>>
The only reason to play MMORPGs these days is the progression factor. It's addicting to watch your character improve, as his/her numbers go up and he/she gets cooler looking gear. This is accomplished by farming the same things over and over. The whole pricing model is based on this addiction.

With the exception of hardcore raiding, the group play aspect of MMORPGs has been lost. Tools like Dungeon Finders and even Raid Finders don't encourage group play because PUGs don't even wanna talk with each other. They just wanna repeat the content over and over as fast as possible to get that next drop.

Only a very small percentage of players actually join a guild to do end game raiding while communicating with each other. This requires a LOT of time. If you don't have several hours a day to commit to the game, don't even bother. You're better off playing a single player RPG, where you can watch your character progress without being stuck on a never-ending grind designed to milk you of as much money as you're willing to let it. As a bonus, single player RPGS usually have a bigger emphasis on storytelling and other things MMORPGs forgot about.
>>
>>258394326
Are you serious? The game is just like WoW, you level up, there are classes, there is the trinity, theres not much different from WoW. What do you mean you wont get WoW fags playing the game? You really dont read how many people are subbed to WoW do you? I bet you even played WoW. What the fuck are you talking about.
>>
>>258394398
>mmo
>cooler looking gear
huh? all there christmass tree look fucking horrible
>>
>>258394474
>What do you mean you wont get WoW fags playing the game?

No where did I say Archage won't get WoWfags.

I said sandbox games won't get them

> You really dont read how many people are subbed to WoW do you?

I know exactly about WoW subs and how its around 7 million, do you think I care? It's completely irrelevant to the topic.

> I bet you even played WoW. What the fuck are you talking about.
Now you're just spouting out random bullshit because you have no clue what you're fucking talking about
>>
File: Le Happy Merchant.png (254 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Le Happy Merchant.png
254 KB, 600x600
>>258394398
top2 guy here again

the best part about top is becoming a HUGE JEW MASTER without using the item mall EVER.

selling high and buying low, farming gems in dungeons that you sell for high and rebuy for low, using the money to make more money.

the gameplay is fun too, but the jewing, oh man the jewing... its like anuddah hanukah
>>
Scarlet Blade.
>>
I'm playing FFXIV. I wouldn't have stuck around for as long as I have if it wasn't for crafting and gathering; same reason I played Runescape as long as I did. Substantial and relatively complex crafting systems are my favorite shit. I still haven't even touched the ex primals or even coil1, so I've still got that lined up.
>>
>>258392257

I thought it was supposed to be a Tera killer, but Bluehole and EME killed it all on their own.
>>
File: 1403111934614.png (176 KB, 377x377) Image search: [Google]
1403111934614.png
176 KB, 377x377
>>258395501
>Ex primals
>tfw still haven't found a group good enough to kill titan ex
>>
>>258395190
I kind of want to play that shit again anon. Used to play with a cousin with the only goal to get a boat and explore the world. That never happend ;_;
>>
Tibia, yes really. Im lvl 203. no bot
>>
>>258395957

You haven't been looking hard enough or you're on a shit and/or dead server.
>>
>>258395190
Forgot to ask, can you /ping or something in the game to see the latency? Whats the ideal ping to play with?
>>
>>258394921

>you're not going to be able to capture WoWfags in a sandbox game to begin with.

Capture? What does this mean then?

>I said sandbox games won't get them

WTF? WHY NOT?! Like every WoW streamer tried Archeage, so many people who played WoW want a new MMO.

Archeage is barely sandbox. It has like 4 mechanics that make it called that. Not really much to the game. Its mainly WoW in a skin.

>I know exactly about WoW subs and how its around 7 million, do you think I care? It's completely irrelevant to the topic.

Yeah, I think it means it can easily 'CAPTURE' the WOW FAGS.

>Now you're just spouting out random bullshit because you have no clue what you're fucking talking about

It was a guess, i dont know the ratio but im sure its like 1 out of 4 people at least played WoW once.
>>
>>258396152
Is Lamia a dead server?
>>
>>258374443
Man I've been enjoying STO so far. I'm halfway through the Cardassian missions and I'm having a lot of fun. How do I get new ships after Lv40 though? Need Zen?
>>
>>258396115
I feel like wikis and videos would ruin the magic of this game. So much of the fun came from not knowing what was in the darkness the next step forward in a deep dungeon.
>>
>>258396248
>Capture? What does this mean then?

Capture, as in take in and hold.

>WTF? WHY NOT?! Like every WoW streamer tried Archeage, so many people who played WoW want a new MMO.

WoW fags require their hand to be held, and after that WoW fags will quit within a month and go back to WoW to begin with.

Trying to appease WoWfags is a great way of setting yourself up for failrue

>Yeah, I think it means it can easily 'CAPTURE' the WOW FAGS.

No, it won't. There are tons of sandbox games and none of them have captured WoWfags for a very good reason.
>>
>>258396598

>WoW fags require their hand to be held, and after that WoW fags will quit within a month and go back to WoW to begin with.

Trying to appease WoWfags is a great way of setting yourself up for failrue

DUDE CMON, stop trying to act like Archeage isnt anything WoW isnt. Its like a copy, like I said before its not that hard. It has quests, levels, talent tree, skills, mounts, like wtf, everything is similar what makes you think they wont understand the game.

>No, it won't. There are tons of sandbox games and none of them have captured WoWfags for a very good reason.

Yes it will, maybe not all of them, but it will. Its F2P unlike WoW. But thats also not saying that them players wont also play WOW.
>>
>>258395975
dude a boat costs like 15k, literally pocket change

>exploring an mmo world

lel, all you're going to find is invisible walls
>>
Play Ragnarok Online until Tree of Savior comes out
>>
>>258396178
i have no idea, i just play.

i have ping sometimes, but mostly when i open the game 2 or 3 times simultaneously i leave one character stalling (selling) and play with the other.
>>
>>258397189
Aka never
>>
>>258395190
is class change a fucking chore to grab rare drops from enemies spawning once a day and shit like that? because I just saw some post mentioning something like that
>>
DFO Global eventually
>>
>>258397282
nah m8, that is old as fuck.

the first class change is almost automatic, you just have to speak with an npc depending on which class you want, he gives you a letter, and you take it somewhere

the second class change you need like... 5 drops from a monster depending on your class, usually there's someone selling them next in argent city, if not i can just get them for you in a few minutes.

the class change quests were removed because Aint Nobody got The Time For that Shit.
>>
>>258374174

Wait for Black Desert.
http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/07/24/black-deserts-na-and-eu-publisher-is-daum/

So is this good news or not? Anyone know anything about this publisher? Fucking glad it wasn't Zenimax or some dumb shit.
>>
File: datbad.png (137 KB, 453x668) Image search: [Google]
datbad.png
137 KB, 453x668
>tfw no good mmos
>tfw no good mmos coming out in the future
>>
>>258374174
Just play warframe for a while its kinda cool
>>
>>258374174

Play EVE Online
>>
>>258397616
cool, already trying it out, but gonna see which class best suit me IGN: DFC on Diamond Isle
>>
>>258396594
I agree. These days I just play for the community, hunting with friends etc is whats fun.
>>
>>258397870
>warframe
>cool

Don't do this to yourself
>>
>>258397637
> another "ackshun combat fuck healers and support characters" mmo
fuck these games. they're the only classes I like.
>>
>>258398408
Not to mention it's Korean. Of course it's gonna be shit.
>>
>>258397637
>korea garbage
Vomit.jpg
>>
File: tos_psyco_f.gif (204 KB, 190x190) Image search: [Google]
tos_psyco_f.gif
204 KB, 190x190
>>258398408
wait for tree of savior, plenty of support classes there, like sculpting wood totems in real time to buff your allys
>>
I've been playing a lot of Everquest 2 at the moment, only got to the 50's when I played years ago. shame the game is pretty dead.
>>
Coming from someone who played an unhealthy amount of old school runescape and WoW.

FFXIV is the only MMORPG in recent history that I managed to stomach and max a character. (One profession only though).
Graphics are great, gameplay is good. I was marathoning Sopranos (again) on another screen, so that kinda helped keep things interesting.

If you like WoW, you'll like FFXIV. It has similarities but FF is just refreshing and keeps things a little different.

If you want sandbox, like I do, you gotta wait for Archage Online (nearly open beta) or black desert or {insert your hopes and dreams}. Also EQLandmark is going to get combat, so it might actually be a game worth playing (doubt it).
>>
>>258388626
>the game auto lvls up the skills that the game wants.
Fucking dropped.
>>
>>258392257

never coming to NA and EU due to WILDSHIT
>>
>>258399547
My hope lies in Everquest Next, but even then I am not sure it will actually be anything special.
>>
WHY do people keep talking about Black Desert Online? It's another gender/class locked game where you can change skin colour and hair. You don't make your own character, you just play the same character as 1/4 of everyone else, with different hairstyles.
>>
File: 1362474624517s.jpg (2 KB, 125x111) Image search: [Google]
1362474624517s.jpg
2 KB, 125x111
I've really been getting the crave to lay an MMO lately but god damnit why do they all have to be shit right now.

Is neverwinter any good at all? I never see anyone on /v/ talk about it
>>
>>258385468
Not really, all it did was revert the combat to the pre-EoC version but while keeping all the new bullshit.
>>
>>258384585
Both versions of the game are increasing in active players. Almost 25k on 07 now, whereas it used to be more around 18k at peak.
>>
File: 1406752338501.jpg (141 KB, 636x960) Image search: [Google]
1406752338501.jpg
141 KB, 636x960
Any good non-sub MMOs that you can play and level without killing anything? I want a comfy crafting and community experience that's not inferior to the same old hack and slash.
>>
I'm hyped for Shroud of the Avatar even though I know I shouldn't be.
It looks like shit.
>>
>>258400227
That's actually not true. You can pick and choose whatever skills you want across 3 classes of your choice. You also don't have to spend points at all when you level up, you can save them if there's no skill availible that you want to get.
The games bad but I have no idea why he said the game levels up shit on its own.
Skills automatically rank up as you level, but that doesn't use up your skill points.
>>
File: 1407852389404.gif (3 MB, 287x191) Image search: [Google]
1407852389404.gif
3 MB, 287x191
>>258374174
Any good MMO to play alone?
>>
>>258403456
Why would you want to play a multiplayer game alone?
>>
>>258405136
I mean, without friends, just me and random strangers.
>>
>>258405274
Any MMO with a large quantity of players would work out for you, then.
>>
File: mabinogi_2014_06_15_001.jpg (324 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
mabinogi_2014_06_15_001.jpg
324 KB, 1024x768
>>258402118

Mabinogi. On Saturdays there's a place you can go (it's like a giant buffet or something) where you get free XP just by standing there.

Mabinogi is actually really good if you can look past the weaboo community.
>>
>>258405604
>Nexon
I miss DFO ;_;
>>
>>258375162
>genderlock
why
>>
File: nah.jpg (381 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
nah.jpg
381 KB, 1680x1050
>>258403456
You can play The Secret World like a singleplayer RPG.
>>
I am playing Ragnarok Online with some friends until tree of saviour comes out.
>>
>>258405604
>weeaboo community
Like you?
>>
>>258405898
Thanks

>>258405390
>The Secret World
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on that
>>
File: mabinogi_2014_08_13_001.jpg (81 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
mabinogi_2014_08_13_001.jpg
81 KB, 1024x768
>>258406217

Nah, I can't stand anime or manga.

Which is probably why I play the game solo and have not made a single friend in my 5 months of playing.
>>
MMOs will never be a thing anymore because:

Dungeon Finder
Wikis
Casuals wanting everything to be soloable

Even if you try your best to stray away from this, the wikis will still be in and they will still ruin all the magic for everyone again. Someone link that comic of the wizard on the beach area and stuff.

When I played Tera people were complaining about fucking levelling up from 52 to 58 saying it's OH MY GOD SO BAAAAAD I CAN'T HANDLE THE GRIND WAAAAAAA when I just blazed through the thing like nobody's business. It's so fucking easy that even the healer classes can solo level completely effortlessly. But alas, the casuals complain and they are the new target audience for these games.

These people don't like MMOs, they never did. They don't want to play them, they never had any part in anything regarding them, they just heard about them and barged in demanding everything catered to them and them alone. It's feminism and gaming all over again. Girls never gave a flying fuck about games and always jeopardized men who were into them, who were labelled as nerds, suckers/losers/you name it. But now they came in and think they own the place. A place that was never theirs in the first place.

I only hope that MMOs keep bombing one after another. Eventually the hipster mentality will kick in and someone will MAYBE do something worthwhile.

As for the OP itself. I'm not playing anything, but I'm waiting for Black Desert, seeing as it reminds me of lineage 2.
>>
File: screenshot_20140517-10-51-04.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_20140517-10-51-04.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
Landmark, building my fortress and getting ready for pvp and combat on the 27th
>>
>want to play ff14 a reset stillborn
>played the beta
>every zone is instanced and there are loading screens between every zone

"open world"
>>
File: ponyrape2.png (58 KB, 590x806) Image search: [Google]
ponyrape2.png
58 KB, 590x806
>>
>>258407039
ff14 is just another generic trash mmo like any other. The fact that you get to play with console fags as well only ruins it even further, seeing as in mmos with dungeon finder people already behave like total autists who never talk with anybody, so having most of your playerbase using controllers will only make it worse.
>>
>>258374174
what do you guys think about Spiral Knights?
is it really dead?
>>
>>258405816
There is no genderlock anymore. Get on with the times, nigga.
>>
File: gw012.jpg (263 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gw012.jpg
263 KB, 1920x1080
currently playing gw2

those flamethrower changes in the update
>>
>>258407112
What the fuck is this?
>>
>>258406693
>can't stand anime manga
>playing weeaboo shit korea trash
Truly disgusting sub human
>>
>>258407868
some MUD game I think. maybe hellmoo or something like that?
>>
>>258407754

If they at least bring Flamethrower DPS to any sort of decent range compared to other options I'll be using it so much. Fucking love flamethrower. FT + Static Discharge, Rifle Turret, Battering Ram, rocket boots, all for the toolkit abilities is pretty fun.

I used to run FT + Elixir Gun too just for the blast finisher on EG's #4 skill, but it got a little sketchy doing that combo on CoE/SE runs.
>>
>>258408070
It's InfernoMOO.
>>
>>258400528

First of all, the character customization is fucking insane. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpCRjbwbCYs

Second of all, the gender/class lock isn't that bad. There's a male or female analog for them all (or at least there's slated to be.) The play styles might be different but I'm okay with that.

Homogenous class shit across all races/genders/factions is boring to me anyway. I hate playing a giant muscle bound hulk and having the same strength/damage/skills/etc as some pint sized little faggot with neon pink hair and an uguu~ name.
>>
>>258406908
>building

it's just a bunch of preset crap like the sims isn't it?
>>
>>258409072
There are props in Landmark that you can craft but you are primarily building with voxels. It's sort of like a weird social 3d modeling application. Whoever built the building in that screenshot actually built it themselves.
>>
>>258407670
I can be a male sorcerer?
>>
File: screenshot_20140517-11-11-09.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_20140517-11-11-09.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>258409072
props are things like tables and chairs you can place, that building in that pic is made out of hand crafted voxels

same with everything you see in this
>>
>>258408685
>Sorceress
>Rogue/Brawler using magic

>Wizard
>AoE spells and control

yeah sure.
>>
Black Desert and ArcheAge don't look so bad for newer stuff
>>
I fucking hate Lineage 2.
That is all.
>>
>>258396478
There are some you can buy off the Exchange. The Mirror Universe ships can go for pretty cheap.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Playable_starship
>>
How is Rift?
I know is a WoW clone but is worth to invest time in it?
>>
WHEN THE FUCK IS TOS COMING OUT
>>
>>258411815
>he's not in open beta yet
>>
>>258410128
You can be anything
>>
>>258412290
bullshit marketer faggot
>>
File: 68934578923478502.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
68934578923478502.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>258412554
YOU FUCKING COCKSMOKER CUNTSNIFFER SHITMOUTH ANUS-HEADED ARSEMONGER INBRED GOOD-FOR-NOTHING SON OF A MUTILATED COW OF A WHORE WITH THREE THOUSAND DICKS UP HER ASS
>>
>>258406805
you say that as if all mmo players were wowfag casuals.
>>
>>258414237

And you say that as if they weren't. Were you sleeping in your crystal chamber for the past 8 or so years?
>>
>>258397637

Daum is a new korean publisher and Black Desert Online will be their first MMO they publish
>>
>>258405816

Because it's how they're making their game.

They have a counterpart for every class.

Sorceress - Wizard

Ranger - Ranger

Tamer - Blader possibly not sure

Predator - ???

Warrior - Valkyrie
>>
>>258405898
What's bizarre about Secret world is that they don't allow me to buy it just because i'm brazilian. And here was i, trying to give the fuckers money.
>>
>>258416568
thats because brazilians absolutely RUIN every online game they touch.

not you, just the regular favela rat that is too poor to afford a p2p game and too subhuman/uneducated to behave in the f2p games they destroy.
>>
File: BDO22.jpg (457 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
BDO22.jpg
457 KB, 1280x800
>>
File: BDO19.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BDO19.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>258388626
>No item drop, mobs only drop money.

No, it only has low drop rate chance.

>You have to pay real money to access Auction House
You can buy with f2p account. You need premium if you want to sell stuff.

>Dungeons suck
I only did the first one, it was ok.

>Lack of items
What? You mean lack of 20 kinds of garbage currency items other MMOs have? Thank fuck they don't have that.

>Spell effects are garbage
No.

>Armors, weapons look like garbage. Lvl 50 armor looks like a piece of shit cloth for a lvl 10 guy.
No.

I'm in the beta right now and I love the game. It's not 10/10, but it's waaaay better than other theme park garbage out there at the moment.
>>
File: BDO18.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
BDO18.jpg
141 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: BDO17.jpg (486 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
BDO17.jpg
486 KB, 1280x800
>>
>>258418097
Everyone who compares Archeage to WoW needs to kill himself.

It's closer to Lineage 2 if I have to compare.
>>
File: BDO16.jpg (569 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BDO16.jpg
569 KB, 1920x1080
>>
Any good sandbox type MMORPG's like Tibia and Runescape?

These theme-park MMO's are making me gag.
>>
>>258416568
I'm sorry you have to suffer because your kin are literal brainless sub-human that deserve slavery.
>>
>>258416568
I tried getting in to TSW again recently and just couldn't take the combat, it's soooo fucking slow. I was in the Egyptian city of the sun god or whatever and every enemy is meaty as fuck and takes forever. It'd be a great game if not for that.
>>
>>258418807
Tibia and RS are really just kiddie/free rip offs of Ultima Online
>>
>>258419086
And these games, like Ultima Online are still alive after a decade. Yet, the industry decided to create a thousand WoW clones.
>>
>>258414595
sure, most of them are. that doesn't mean me and thousands of other people that aren't casual carebears won't go play private lineage 2 server or something else that isn't filled with wowfaggotry.

just laugh at them and go play something that's not a wowclone.
>>
>>258374174
Dragon Quest X. Still on the trial but I still have stuff to do. might buy it in a few months when i truly give up hope of localization.

Also a shitload of monhun but that isnt mmo
>>
>>258419086
So? It's still better than the infinite amounts of WoW clones available.

> Die
> Spawn at a graveyard with nothing lost

This is what made MMORPG's casual. This, no punishment for dying thing. Durability? What a joke.
>>
>>258374435
What update? They added almost nothing in 2 years.
I want to go back but every time there is nothing new.
I heard they are cashing in from living story like nobodies' business, but I hate living story.
>>
>>258419375
Yeah, playing one of the shitty private servers with an extremely unstable population and quality control of a game I already played to hell and beyond sure sounds cool.
>>
>>258387551
>level cap / gear grind
>hurr durr grind!
>no level cap / no gear grind
>hurr durr no endgame
>>
>>258410504
Casual spotted, confirmed for failing to join the big clans and getting rolled by big guys with his little clan of 10 casuals
>>
File: 1365821369188.png (146 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
1365821369188.png
146 KB, 1000x500
>>258405898
>dat story
>dat writing
>dem quests
>>
>>258421016
well, perhaps that's true with other mmos, but lineage 2 private servers is where it's at. the software is basically official tier, better game versions (older ones before ncsoft went full retard), huge concurrent population with less bots etc.

if you need constant new content for a mmo to be playable, it's probably not a very good mmo in the first place.
>>
File: BDO15.jpg (563 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BDO15.jpg
563 KB, 1920x1080
>>258421821

I'm sorry you need an end game for an mmo to be fun.

Also the rare armors and the like won't be sold or dropped by a boss it will only be crafted and materials for these items will be dropped by bosses.
>>
File: global rule 2.jpg (40 KB, 750x133) Image search: [Google]
global rule 2.jpg
40 KB, 750x133
>>258422746
>making up things I never said
k
>>
>>258385468
It's still the retardedly bad Diablo 3 style combat

It still has the same retarded dumbed down "life" and "armor" stats instead of allowing you to mix and match between several different stats

It still has the retarded tier system with weapons not having any unique or special abilities that make them useful in certain situations you just look at the level and the highest number is automatically universally better at all levels

It still has shit balance due to Jagex not knowing what in the fuck they are doing with the combat system

But worst of all are the FOUR cash shops and the absolute shit tier community of fanboys that actually think the new WoW lite combat is good and will defend the microtransactions to the death

Not to mention quests are still as bad as they have been since 2012, no friends or fun allowed, no challenge or varied gameplay, just cringeworthy naruto fanfic tier lore spread throughout 20 minutes of holding the spacebar

Avoid at all cost
>>
File: 1406109484258.gif (656 KB, 250x205) Image search: [Google]
1406109484258.gif
656 KB, 250x205
>playing mmo
Sorry, i'm not into scat
>>
>>258425571
>don't like game
>LOL IT'S SHIT XD
How'd you end up here from reddit?
>>
File: BDO14.jpg (793 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BDO14.jpg
793 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: BDO13.jpg (836 KB, 1870x1044) Image search: [Google]
BDO13.jpg
836 KB, 1870x1044
>>
File: BDO12.jpg (188 KB, 1412x1080) Image search: [Google]
BDO12.jpg
188 KB, 1412x1080
>>
>>258386669
>
no. i played this in 2003 when it came out up until like early 2013. it got progressively worse and worse. utter shit now and all the private servers are garbage.
>>
>>258402782

Yeah but if I want to put points into a particular skill but the very nature of the skill means I don't get to use it that often, then I'm out of luck. It's not TES where your skills increase over time if you use them, you get a skill leveled up when you level up, which means your low damage fodder skills are the ones that level up because of ease of use.

This game has an incredibly strong focus on player interaction. Even a premium player has to spend 12 and a half hours in game just to make a third of a house or boat. Everything that's worth anything has to be crafted which uses this farmville esque labour points system. The only way to actually get gud is by either spend endless hours at the game or get into a huge guild which will work you to the bone.
>>
File: BDO11.jpg (946 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BDO11.jpg
946 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>258426142
>mmos
It's already shit m8
>>
>>258391820

It's way worse then that. Labour points don't regen when you're not playing unless you're a patron. Building a house will literally take at least 4 real world days of idling in game.
>>
File: BDO10.jpg (476 KB, 1723x1013) Image search: [Google]
BDO10.jpg
476 KB, 1723x1013
>>
File: 1408049242177.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1408049242177.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>258428578
Stop posting faggot, no one care about your korea trash
>>
>>258405898

This.

The Secret World is so fucking amazing. I played it like crazy before my computer broke. I think I stopped half-way through the Filth Infected Agartha event. I really wanna play Tokyo, though..
>>
File: BDO9.jpg (167 KB, 960x590) Image search: [Google]
BDO9.jpg
167 KB, 960x590
>>258428803

>implying anyone cares about mmos in general

I shall continue posting!
>>
File: BDO8.jpg (63 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
BDO8.jpg
63 KB, 600x400
>>
>>258375162
this and Gloria Victis

also "The repopulation" coming out soon would be the best mmo ever if they got it through their thick skulls that free to play, pay 2 win is bad.
>>
File: BDO6.jpg (959 KB, 1870x1044) Image search: [Google]
BDO6.jpg
959 KB, 1870x1044
>>258429372

Pearl Abyss has said themselves that they will not make the game pay to win or if a cash shop will even be implemented.
>>
File: fuckyou.jpg (730 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.jpg
730 KB, 1920x1080
>>258428938
secret world is pretty great for a story, I like the skills system as well but the combat wears thin after a while
>>
File: BDO5.jpg (234 KB, 1291x679) Image search: [Google]
BDO5.jpg
234 KB, 1291x679
>>
>>258429748
I don't actually mind the idea of a cash shop as long as it's purely cosmetic. Let the whales spend hundreds on dressup so they can live out their special snowflake fantasies. As long as none of it touches the actual gameplay, I don't care.
>>
File: pso20140817_180700_005.jpg (396 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pso20140817_180700_005.jpg
396 KB, 1280x720
PSO2
>>
>>258430374
Path of Exile really is a perfect example. Lots of purely cosmetic options available for real money and a truly free to play game.
>>
>>258430374
>korea shit
>mmo shit
>actual gameplay
Sure m8
>>258429748
>they will not make the game pay to win or if a cash shop will even be implemented.
Sure just like farmville. Well that all korean can make anyway, facebook farmville simulation
>>
File: i enjoy it.jpg (873 KB, 1861x1079) Image search: [Google]
i enjoy it.jpg
873 KB, 1861x1079
i enjoy runescape
>>
>>258429748
what does peral abyss have to do with wether or not the game will have a cash shop or be pay2win?

sorry man, black desert is one of THE main games i am looking forward too. i hardly buy any games at all, but i am interested in this one a lot.

However, pearl abyss is the developer, not the publisher. The publisher gets the final say. If the publisher wants it to be pay 2 win and change all the characters avatars to dragon dildos it is going to happen.
>>
File: 1349061344521.jpg (44 KB, 641x480) Image search: [Google]
1349061344521.jpg
44 KB, 641x480
>>258431396
>looking forward too mmo trash
>>
>>258430661
I wish it never desynced... i really do.
>>
File: BDO4.jpg (417 KB, 1888x1012) Image search: [Google]
BDO4.jpg
417 KB, 1888x1012
>>258430791

Q: What items can we expect in the cash shop if the game goes F2P? Will there be EXP potions?

A: Costumes, consumables (cosmetics, furniture), no there will not be EXP potions we’re very focused on ensuring our game is not P2W. We’re still talking over if we will have a cash shop, while we leaning more F2P, we are considering many other options.

http://black-desert.com/news/black-deserts-e3-interview/

it was said in an interview. That's all I really know. I'm guessing Daum is giving them freedom of what they want to do.
Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.