[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smash Bros Positivity Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 4U.png (482 KB, 420x600) Image search: [Google]
4U.png
482 KB, 420x600
Let's have a nice, positive thread about Smash for once.

>favorite stages
>favorite music
>favorite modes
>favorite Smash memories
>>
halberd
gerudo desert
coin mode
unplugging my sister's controller when she was about to win
>>
After over a decade of waiting I'll finally get to see my favorite character in Smash.
>>
PictoChat
Multi Man Melee 2
Melee's Adventure Mode and the SSE
Every time you unlock the last character
>>
File: super ahegao bros..jpg (128 KB, 638x480) Image search: [Google]
super ahegao bros..jpg
128 KB, 638x480
I liked the Halberd. Kirby music is great, it's the same two guys all the time, yet they still pump out great songs.
>>
>>258307839

Hey guys, check out these newly added pages

http://www.smashbros.com/us/3ds/

For shared across both platform stages they haven't added final destination so there's a lot that's probably still missing
>>
>>258309923
they probably let off FD because they covered it separately with all the FD variants
>>
>favorite stages
Lylat Cruise is definitely my most played in Brawl. I've yet to play with anyone who picks it as much as I do. I just really like all the beautiful stuff going on in the background. I really dug Assault though, so that may be why.

>favorite music
Mach Rider pumps me up every time. I honestly wish it could be played in more than the F-Zero stages. Aside from that, the Fire Emblem music that's been around since Temple in Melee is always a treat. Looking forward to what Kid Icarus Uprising tracks get in.

>favorite modes
Melee Adventure Mode was my most played back in the day. I always loved the Zelda level, going through the sewer maze.

>favorite Smash memories
Talking about the Brawl trailer on the playground. I remember my friends and I going on and on about what Snake being in the game could mean for the future. Also, more recently, my reactions to Mega Man, Little Mac, and Palutena were absolutely joy filled. I wanted them in more than anyone else. At this rate, all I need in is Mach Rider to have everyone I ever wanted. Though I really just want Mach Rider in because it means a franchise reboot like Uprising is coming.
>>
>favorite stages
Final Destination, every Battlefield iteration, Smashville, Dreamland, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Island, and Yoshi's story
>favorite music
Mute City, Fountain of Dreams, Multi Man Melee 1.
>favorite modes
I love all adventure modes, they're fun and really cool. Also Team Battle is incredible.
>favorite Smash memories
Inviting my friends over during Nintendo's E3 stream, and the 4th and final friend to arrive walks through the door just as Iwata and Reggie duke it out. We were practically screaming for him to get his ass in front of the TV. My favorite memory is definitely playing Smash with previously said friends, and learning to play better together. It's an incredible experience.

Who do you guys main?
>64
Ness, Kirby, Samus
>Melee
Ness oh god why is your grab range so awful , Kirby, Samus, Mario.
>Brawl
Ness, Kirby, R.O.B., Samus, and some Lucas
>Project M (I get it's not an official smash, but hey it's fun as hell)
Ness, Kirby, R.O.B., Mario, Meta Knight, and some Samus. I've really been dropping the ball on playing as her more.
>>
>>258312349
I really did like Brawl but Project M is a very fun mod. Especially enjoy the costumes (Dr. Mario and pajamas Ness). And a proper Shiny Charizard, thank god.
>>
>Stages
Always loved Fourside reminds me of Saffron city, also Termina Bay, lots of melee stuff, and from Brawl there's Green Hill, Delfino plaza, and the Ice Climbers stage.

>Favorite Music
I guess i'll just post it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXHQb7RN9lE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzzSjFyC6-8
http://youtu.be/0h8q9aCxw0g
http://youtu.be/xxdTM2GB2PM
http://youtu.be/toUEfgniJCs
>Favorite Modes
Adventure in Melee was amazing, i still play it, i just love how it's actual places from the characters in the game and not just some generic places like Brawl's Subspace. Also Break the Targets in Melee was great, the music, the character specific stages, just amazing.
>Favorite Smash memories
Always going to my friends house to play Brawl, and unlocking everything by myself in melee, i didn't have access to the internet when i had melee, i was pretty young when i got melee(still am though) and i never could find out how to unlock Game and Watch didn't get him until last year.
>>
>>258313392
If subspace traveled through Nintendo locales it would've been FUCKING amazing, like the bit with donkey and diddy kong.
>>
File: 1405472227524.png (703 KB, 981x1562) Image search: [Google]
1405472227524.png
703 KB, 981x1562
Fuck project m brawl and ssb4 those games are for consumers.
Not video game players
>>
>>258313392
Wow I bet you didn't even play 64.
I only played melee with friends.
And we didn't use the internet either
>>
>>258314878
What's so great about L cancelling anyway

Why not just reduce landing lag in the first place
>>
>>258314878
>>258315168
>>258315186
mates this is a positivity thread, let's keep it that way, please.
>>
>tfw will never get all trophies in brawl
All I'm missing is beating Boss Battles in Intense to get the last trophy, but every time I ge to Tabuu I get way too fucking nervous and choke it away when Tabuu only has like 5% health.
>>
>>258315186
Well it allows players to control how their moves affect certain situations like good programming in games would.
Not forcing players to be confined to one certain style that cannot be altered
>>
>>258315686
I didn't think the trophies in brawl were that rewarding
>>
>>258315168
I have 64 for the virtual console, still good today.
>>
>>258315686
>>258315994
the catching enemies with trophies was neat, but at the same time I didn't have the patience to go through the SSE for that.
>>
>>258316481
What was your first video game
>>
>>258307839
>Poke Floats, Corneria, Hyrule Temple, Mario Bros, Mushroomy Kingdom
>Fountain of Dreams
>regular multiplayer
>doing the tournament mode with some bros in Melee late at night where we each got 3 characters
>>
>>258316550
Pac Man Arrangement, use to play it with my dad.
>>
File: Armank_-_Brawl_Trophy.png (296 KB, 581x620) Image search: [Google]
Armank_-_Brawl_Trophy.png
296 KB, 581x620
>>258316518
Getting some of the SSE trophies was insane, like Meta Ridley and this douche here, so actually having them was rewarding as fuck for me.
All I want is to finally clear Bosses on Intense to be free from this suffering.
>>
>>258315815
But you're just pressing a button to cancel landing lag.
>>
>>258307839
>Mario Bros, Spear Pillar, Pokemon Stadium
>Gourmet Race (Brawl)
>4 minute time mode with friends, or 4 stock when playing pseudo-serious.
>beating Master Hand on SSB64
>>
>>258317023
Ice Climbers is great for it.
>>
>>258317075
Yes but the same button has many different things it does.
Other games should be like that.
>>
>>258317023
Was the only way to get the regular enemies in SSE by waiting for the Trophy base disc thing, shit was brutal.
>>
>>258317346
Like if you had to press B in Mario to make sure he lands correctly? It sounds more annoying than innovative.
>>
>>258317301
How specifically?
I was using Fox due to blaster (I'm terrible at Duon/Porky so not having to get close to them is great) and the reflector (trivializes Meta Ridley).
>>
>Castle Siege, Hyrule Temple, Fourside
>Melee Main Themes and Brawl Main Theme knowing the meaning of the lyrics
>Melee Adventure
>the only standout Smash memory I have is spamming Ice Climbers side B against my friend playing as Link and him getting mad as fuck at it
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.