[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 21 and I never ever played Zelda or Metal Gear Solid.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: skyward_sword_sales_jpn_thumb.jpg (64 KB, 563x318) Image search: [Google]
skyward_sword_sales_jpn_thumb.jpg
64 KB, 563x318
I'm 21 and I never ever played Zelda or Metal Gear Solid. What am I missing out on?
>>
MGS is pretty mediocre and only famous for being charming and memorable as fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 222x216) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 222x216
Good games.
>>
>zelda
best games
>metal gear solid
nothing
>>
>What am I missing out on?

Good taste.
>>
MGS is probably my favorite Playstation game. I didn't actually play it until I was 22 and regret ignoring it for so long.

You are missing the greatest tactical stealth espionage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJR9s44eEtw
>>
>>257882693

>Nintoddlers in charge of knowing good games

>zelda
best games
>metal gear solid
best games

fix'd you jelly fanboy cunt who can't afford a playstation
>>
Both are great games. Majora's mask is one of my favorite games, but it takes a while to get in to. As for MGS, I've only played twin snakes on gamecube, but it was real good.
>>
Easy but fun and unique adventure games and MGS3 the best stealth game.
>>
>>257882290
Just play MGS and OoT so you can objectively write off both series'
>>
>>257882290
Not much. You're young enough that basically all the versions that came out during your formative years were shit. Sorry, you were just born in the wrong decade.
>>
MGS is great, not a bad one in the series (aside from the portable ones gameplay wise.)

As for Zelda, I've only playes the old one. I need to get into those.
>>
>>257882290
A really cool series of interactive espionage movies and fantasy adventure games. Go play them right now. All of them.
>>
>>257883313
this guy knows

2 of the best series of games ever

any other answer is from a poorfag drone who has to decide for either console and then bitch about how much better his console is compared to others because he's too poor to afford all
>>
File: 1342390037870.png (235 KB, 398x355) Image search: [Google]
1342390037870.png
235 KB, 398x355
>>257882290
Metal Gear Solid is pretty solid, no pun intended.

The Legend of Zelda is mostly shit except for the handheld games. Oracle of Ages/Seasons and Link's Awakening are some of the best games ever made.
>>
Nothing. Just two casual games
>>
Can someone please explain to me the appeal of the Legend of Zelda series?

I never got it
>>
>>257882290

A big chunk of the objectively best games ever list.

You can fix it pretty quickly just by playing Ocarina of Time and the original MGS(or the remake) though.

As far as I'm aware Ocarina emulates really well so you can get on it right now even if you don't have a Nintendo console.
>>
>>257886921
The original two? A grand, challenging adventure full of mystique and good combat

Everything else? Block pushing simulators with a lot of ugly waifus
>>
>>257882290
both serious has their ups and downs. Try them out, but be aware the old games button scheme and graphics might deter you.
>>
>>257883313
what does metal gear have to do with playstation?
>>
>>257886407
>I've only playes the old one
the "old one" = ?
The original from 1986?
>>
Pretty good games.
>>
>>257887172

Peace Walker, MGS4, Portable ops and the 2 Ac!d games are PS exclusives
>>
>>257887396

ok, PW is available on X360 aswell
>>
>>257882290
I'm 25 and only beat MGS after getting legacy collection in january this year (beat them all by the end of the month, worth every minute and every penny).
With Zelda though, I just can't get myself to do it. I own most nintendo systems so I have accesss to every title to date, however to date I only ever tried minish cap and phantom hourglass and just couldn't get into it. It all seems like those games are epic (as in: needlessly inflated) fetchquests (and I can bear tedious stuff in games pretty well). I don't feel any nostalgia towards the series and just can't overlook that.
I tried giving it a try but I just have better games to play.
As far as Zelda goes I think I'll be getting musou, but more for the musou than zelda part.
>>
zelda: a lot, though taste in these differ a lot, though the new a link between worlds on 3ds is pretty good.

mgs: dunno never been a console faggot
>>
>>257890681
>Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass
How about you try the better ones?
Phantom Hourglass is without a doubt the worst Zelda and Minish Cap is pretty low-tier
>>
>Zelda
Play Four Swords if you have friends. Link to the Past and Wind Waker are worth playing, it's also worth looking into Capcom's handheld ones too.

Otherwise, you're not missing much. A bunch of them were revolutionary at the time but by this point tons of games do the basic Zelda formula way, way better. I'm convinced a lot of people only play the games solely out of sheer nostalgia now, if Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and Link Between Worlds didn't have the Zelda label on them I reckon those games would've been practically forgotten by now.

>MGS
You'll either love it or hate it. Pretty much the entire series still holds up well. Lots of people dislike MGS4.
>>
>>257891729
>tons of games do the basic Zelda formula way, way better

I hear this a fair amount but can't think of any examples. Can you name some?
>>
>>257891263
that's your opinion, it's not like it says on the box is it good or bad. those were two zeldas I tried and didn't like. Saying just "no, play good ones instead" can be an answer to any zelda
>>
Presumably, you're missing out on Zelda, Metal Gear Solid, and anything that happened before 1993.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.