[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Melee fag hivemind is never gonna fucking end if people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: 1391156051008.jpg (100 KB, 688x388) Image search: [Google]
1391156051008.jpg
100 KB, 688x388
The Melee fag hivemind is never gonna fucking end if people like this are gonna constantly ignore the improvements to Brawl and keep comparing it to fucking Melee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLBhITCRBtY
>>
File: 1406530989122.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1406530989122.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>>257347558
Brawl didn't have any gameplay improvements compare to Melee, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
I'm just wondering who he's catering to with the slower speed if even the casuals are complaining that SSB4 is slow. Maybe the Japs can't keep up? They're so used to VN and RPG pacing, afterall.
>>
>>257348803
They are? SSB4 looks noticeably faster than Brawl.
>>
SSB4 looks boring as fuck. Show me a single match where anything exciting happens.

It's like a glorified game of Rock'em Sock'em Robots.
>>
>>257348803
>everyone says its faster then brawl but not as fast as melee
>no more tripping
>hurr durr brawl 2.0
>>
>>257349957
>It doesn't have a million hard as balls techniques used every millisecond! 2boring4plebsl0l

Go back to your cave and keep your shitty melee.
>>
>>257350229
Why don't you show me a match where anything exciting happens, idiot?
>>
>>257350229
>hard as ball techniques
Wow, really? Casual fags are so fucking spiteful.

Also, you do realize that these techs existing doesn't hurt you in any way, if you're going to play casually, you won't get bothered by it all. You're just being spiteful and hating on a really good game, although not perfect, did a lot of things right.
>>
>>257347558
>improvements to Brawl
Items? Yeah.
Characters? Yeah
Content? Yeah.
Physics? Hell no.
>>
>>257347558
>too slow
>but it's faster than brawl!
Meleefags are the worst
>>
>more AE-kin
>smash bros MEE-LEE

what the fuck am i listening too
>>
Honestly, why does it matter that it has to be like Melee? All other fucking genres of fighters and shooters all use the lastest version. Why are Smash fags so obsessed with the past?
>>
>>257347558
Hew said it was faster than Brawl at least.
>>
>>257347558
you posted the worst thing to prove your point, max is a retard who did not even consider smash a fighter till last years evo, this guy loves mk9 for its story mode and the said he never even saw it, the same guy who said he hates blazblue but is planning to play it after this years evo. he just spouts bull shit

"Platinum games Korra plays like bayonetta" except it plays like anarchy reigns, you could have even fucking posted a link to a autistic smash player and got a better answer.
>>
>>257351070
because Sakurai can't top his own thirteen-year old game and his fanbase is pissed about it
>>
Spiteful casualfags everywhere tonight.

>>257351070
People play all the games, both competitively and casually. Stop trying stir up shit.

The main reason why Melee is usually the headliner or the one with the most exposure in the competitive scene is because it's got the best physics and mechanics available. It's not perfect, but Brawl sure as hell isn't an improvement.
>>
File: 14027443.png (4 KB, 363x360) Image search: [Google]
14027443.png
4 KB, 363x360
>>257351070
>Why are Smash fags so obsessed with the past?

I honestly believe it's just a nintendo fan thing. Most of Nintendo's appeal is for it's retro feeling games; if it ain't broke don't fix it (or something like that).
>>
>>257351317
The majority of people aren't pissed.
>>
File: 1406312954755.jpg (670 KB, 3680x3680) Image search: [Google]
1406312954755.jpg
670 KB, 3680x3680
So when is the Project M team gonna make their own original "fighting" game? it's only a matter of time before one of them gets the idea in their head
>>
>>257347558
I don't get why Smash 4 needs to be Melee 2.
Each game should have a different feel to it, they're supposed to be new entries in the series; not sequels. Why the fuck can't meleefags just stick to playing melee?
>>
>>257351585
do you really want a roster of nothing but slightly different fox and marth clones?
>>
>>257351585
I already have an "idea", I just don't know how to actually make games. Anybody can have an idea.
>>
>>257351554
I haven't heard a single good thing about Sm4sh save for the roster and everybody I know feels the same way

>>257351585
the pmbr is comprised entirely of technical guys and scrubs who don't know how to correctly balance a Smash game
>>
>"m-m-m-m-muh melee ! ;__;
>"m-m-m-m-muh 14 year old game! ;__;"

fucking tourneyfags jesus christ
>>
File: bestimageon4chan.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
bestimageon4chan.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>>257351763
Smash 4 single handedly kept the GameCube controller alive, that's a plus.
>>
Why are you only allowed to be a casual with smash?
>>
>>257349957
Everything has the same up-and-away knockback with no hitstun, it's just people taking turns hitting each other to far-but-not-far-enough-to-die distances over and over again until one of them croaks. They can speed it up as much as they want, but by that virtue alone it's still 95% Brawl. People complain about Meleefags wanting "Melee 2.0" or not being able to adapt to a new game, but 4 is more like Brawl than any other entry has been to any other game in the series. I'd rather have a drastic departure from Melee and Brawl, than this. I can see myself getting bored with it fast after the new game smell wears off. It feels like the same old Brawl I put hundreds of hours into and long since got sick of.
>>
>>257352128
oh hey, I knew I must have forgotten something
hopefully that dongle will work for PC in some capacity, that'd be another beautiful outcome of this whole debacle
>>
It's faster than Brawl and removed tripping, I have no other problems with it
>>
>>257352146
Because it's a casual game, if you want to make it hardcore why don't you also make stupid rules to make angry birds competitive?
>>
File: 1324786848209.jpg (80 KB, 393x393) Image search: [Google]
1324786848209.jpg
80 KB, 393x393
>8 years later
>people still defend brawl
>>
>>257351945
>it's not okay to like the older DMC games and dislike the reboot
>it's not okay to like playing the CS1.6 instead of CSGO
>it's not okay to like anything older than what's out right now

Why are you such a spiteful faggot? Did some melee-fag fuck your mom or something?
>>
>>257352146
Because Sakurai is the casuals' champion! It's a casual revolution! Down with all those jerks who think they're better than us just because they have good reflexes and coordination!

Down with ableism!
Down with the establishment!

We ARE allowed to have fun with video games too!
>>
>>257352462
Brawl is terrible with it's decisions. Smash 4 is not Brawl though.
>>
>>257352451

being a casual game doesn't excuse shit physics
>>
>>257351740
Hey I didn't say I wanted it, just that it seems likely. been watching some Project M matches lately and it seems to have this air of "We Made This Ourselves" about it

>>257351759
I can't tell if you just completely missed the point or just choose to focus on that

>>257351763
I actually think they could make their own game if they really wanted to. The problem is it would probably fail as they realize the people who want Smash to be the way they want it to be are a minority in this broken community of ours
>>
>>257351735
because autists want nintendo.
>>
>Max

The Pewdiepie of the FGC.
Dude... wait, no I'm sorry, was it "dood"? Anyway, "dood" is hopping on the Smash bandwagon and doing his best to parrot the community he's never been a part of just to get views and attention, since Smash is "hip" again after getting on EVO.

He doesn't know shit, he is just trying hard to pretend he represents the FGC when he is a god damn joke.
>>
>>257352447
This.
If you want anything more just wait for the community to make another Project M of the game.
>>
I've become addicted to watching project m matches on youtube. I need help
>>
>people unhappy that Smash 4 isn't tourney-friendly
Why not just go play Project M?
>>
>>257351735
The defensive oriented play left brawl as an unplayed game in under a fucking year. Balanced gameplay with depth - like a pool that goes from shallow to a deep end - allows for everyone to have a wider variety of fun.
>>
>>257347558
Yes, things are going to be compared to the best.
>>
>>257352797
Unlike the real pros at eventhubs, /fgg/ and srk.
>>
Why would having the new game be similar to Melee be a bad thing?
>>
File: 1407306043555.png (1 MB, 1166x903) Image search: [Google]
1407306043555.png
1 MB, 1166x903
>>257353019
Because they need you to know how much better PM is than Smash4 so they don't feel bad about being shunned by Nintendo fanboys

y'know, the same way Broneis only exists because people made them feel bad about liking a show meant for little girls
>>
>>257353250
It wouldn't, but it's not, and you'll have to accept that eventually.
>>
>>257353167
or r/kappa/
>>
>>257350601
Did you even watch the smash invitational there were plenty of exciting matches then
>>
>>257347558
Lack of jump momentum is fucking garbage.
>>
>>257353313
>you'll have to accept that eventually

I've always accepted it.
>>
Melee sucks. go cry somewhere else, tourneyfags. or maybe play a real fighting game that takes skill
>>
File: Promotions.jpg (40 KB, 600x703) Image search: [Google]
Promotions.jpg
40 KB, 600x703
>been playing PM with my bros for about a year now
>recently hung out with my cousin who has brawl but not PM
>me and bro decide to play Vanilla brawl while my cousin figures out how to work PM on his Wii u
>Everything feels slower than I remember
>use samus since shes my main since OG 64
>shes slow as shit and nerfed as fuck; no beam change, can't charge in mid air. Morphball escape is fucking slow as shit and kills the flow of battle and the shot is slow as fucking balls smash attacks can't kill unless high 100%.
>Mfw we get PM working an play a couple of rounds

I was like you brawl purists once until I saw what PM had to offer and I never looked back once I tried it. Just pick it up and feel the improvements for your main/mains and the flow of combat and all the other goods it has to offer theres a good chance you'll like it a lot more than vanilla brawl.
>>
>>257353391

the only exciting matches was the celebrity one and the megaman final smash. the rest were full of camping faggots. The game looks like brawl speed up
>>
>>257353313
I'd like smash4 to have a longer life but I guess it is not to be.
>>
>>257350093
Its like 20% faster at most than brawl. Its 80% closer to brawl, this shit is nowhere close to melee
Sakurai was lying through his fucking teeth, its like saying Germany is half way between France and china
>>
>>257353652
I've never tried project m before. In fact I haven't played any smash in over a year
>>
>>257353652
>playing melee:baby edition
Even meleefags think PM is a load of garbage
>>
>>257353652
But anon, for all it's improvements it takes away the things I like the most about Smash in general
>>
>>257353405
This is one thing that does bug me. I'm no tourneyfag but it feels so jarring to be running fast and then jump at walking speed.
>>
I'll be completely honest, I love going for tournaments to Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, Project M, all the same because I've played Smash with my brother since I was super little but I'm fucking sick of Melee. Same game after 13 years just gets so boring, man.
>>
>>257353935

because it's bad game design
>>
>>257354051
This is why we need something new with competitive merit. Even if you aren't a tourneyfag, you would finally see Melee replaced if Sakurai accomplishes this.
>>
>>257354084
Damn straight it is. It's also half the reason Sonic 4 was such fucking garbage.
>>
>game 1 is a 9/10
>game 2 is a 3/10
>game 3 is a 5/10
>game 3 improved on game 2 why are fans of game 1 so pissed?
Not even a Smashfag but I don't see how this isn't obvious.
>>
>>257347558
He literally took 7 minutes to say, over and over again, "it's too slow".
>I thought it was too slow
>My friends thought it was too slow
>My wife thought it was too slow
>People on the internet thought it was too slow
>Do you think it's too slow?
>Tell me in the comments if you think it's too slow
>Could they speed it up before release so it won't be too slow?
That video literally contained no information. None. I wasted 6:45 of my life
>>
>>257351735
I have high hopes for the new Smash 4 game.
And to be honest, Melee has long overstated its welcome. Yeah you can play it with friends, and its fast-paced but with the limited variety the characters in its roster along with its dated graphics, I believe its time to embrace the new Smash game. It has newer characters, newer stages, better graphics, and more newer things to look forward to.

We should be fortunate that we're getting a new Smash game. And judging from recent videos, it looks pretty fast-paced too. Is it as fast-paced as Melee? We don't know until the game comes out but whether it is or not, Its going to be fun to play around with and new strategies will unfold.

Also Casual gamers make up the vast majority of the Smash fanbase. The tourney fanbase is in the minority, although a very outspoken one, which is why Nintendo tried catering to them in hopes that they would propel the momentum elsewhere. However, I don't think that's a very good strategy because in the long run the Melee fanbase tends to be very elitist. Not every Melee/Project M fanboy is but good portion of them are and are very stubborn to part ways with their older game. Until every stage becomes Battlefield/Final Destination with "advanced techniques"(wavedashing, L-Canceling, etc), those guys won't be satisfied and never will be. Nintendo shouldn't cater to them or they'll alienate most of their fanbase.
>>
>>257354084

No it isn't. Air speed and ground speed are just different values. It wouldn't be fair if characters who were lightning fast on the ground could also be fast in the air. It's like that on purpose for balance reasons.
>>
>>257354051
You're talking sense, stop it.
>>
>>257354051
Have you tried Melee doubles?

In all honesty, I jumped in around 2008, and I've seen quite a few changes to the metagame. There's still room for improvement and change.
>>
>/v/ wants games to be skillful and rewarding
>When it comes to Smash this is a bad thing
I know /v/ isn't a hivemind etc. but why does specifically Smash attract such faggots that enable casual and casual play? If this was any other series such changes would be shit on.
>>
>>257353405
Sakurai is such an ass for keeping this change, what a fucking moron, even SMB for NES had jump momentum, but Sakurai is too busy filling the game with random bullshit than implement this.
>>
>>257354283
Does Game 64 not even exist now?
>>
>>257347558
I think that image is good metaphor for how many people want to pound Lucario both sexually and not.
>>
>>257354283
Because fans of game 2 like to shitpost which in turn sets of game 1's fans. It's truly disgusting.
>>
File: Laughing Barts.jpg (87 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Barts.jpg
87 KB, 500x386
>>257354289
Welcome to Smash vs Smash debates
>>
>>257354351
Because they want to think they're good at Smash.
>>
Honestly the game does look really slow and boring and all these goddamn anti melee fags will bitch endlessly so nothing gets fixed. I'mnot some tourneyfag, I've never done a wavedash in my life or cared about competitive at all and this game was disappointing and shit when I tested it. But OHNO anyone who criticizes the game must be some melee fag who hates everything and wants melee 2.0!
Casualfags are the biggest cancer in the smash community cause they willingly accept all the bullshit Sakurai thinks is good causing the game to not get fixed and be shit.
>>
>>257354307
Don't defend this shit. It's the reason why half the characters in Brawl were straight up shit.
>>
>>257354374
If I had used Game 2, Game 3, and Game 4, how would my post be different?
>>
>>257351070
There are still tons of people playing old fighters and shooters because they don't like the newer games. Look at CS 1.6 and source. Or the fact that Evo still has main stage Super Turbo events. Hell, I don't know if Quake 4 ever topped 3.
>>
>>257353779
Try playing with friends for fun. I still do that with Brawl.
>>
>>257354180
I know this kid at my school that is a tourney fag, huge jack-ass and smells like trash. He constantly rips on Brawl- yet plays it. There's this computer club at our school, and he'll beat fucking SPECIAL NEEDS KIDS and say "Wow, you suck. Get better"

Fuck that kid. Another weird thing he does is study everyone he plays, like, take mental notes.

Can't we have fun with a game anymore?
>>
>>257354489

No it wasn't.
>>
>>257354351
Nintendo series somehow get apologists from everywhere no matter how bad the changes are.

Look at most Zelda games for example, or Other M, though the last example was so intense that a lot of apologists were flamed to complete silence.
>>
>>257354548
>things that didn't happen.txt
ayy lmao
>>
>>257354305
Or, they could alienate none of their fanbase. Do you honestly believe Melee was hated by casuals? I played that game for years before I'd even heard that people played it competitively.
>>
>>257354472
>Irony: the post
EVERYONE is cancer anon. You just became part of the cancer by posting here
>>
>>257354548
Cool story
>>
>>257354562
It was among many reasons why characters such as Falcon became straight up unplayable you don't do platforming in games like Smash without momentum it feels and plays fucking awful.
>>
>>257354346
Haven't gotten a chance, but been trying for it. I did Brawl doubles ever since I got into Brawl (I got into the Smash games about 3 years ago)
>>
I am very excited to play this video game
>>
File: 1322205023674s.jpg (104 KB, 396x294) Image search: [Google]
1322205023674s.jpg
104 KB, 396x294
>>257354307

That's bullshit because it worked in the 1st 2 games just fine. Besides that running speed is already independent of air speed for every character. Momentum is a basic physics trait that every game with platforming elements has had since the 1st mario. Not having it is unintuitive, contradictory, and makes the game feel sluggish.
>>
>>257354305
Agreed, every Smash game should be different from one another. Smash 4 or their upcoming sequels shouldn't aim to be Melee 2.0. If I wanted to play Melee badly, I would have just bought a damn Gamecube, and the game itself. I don't see myself playing such an outdated game however.
>>
>>257354548
Why did you reply to my post with that story?
>>
it's a good thing this game will suck, so the melee community doesn't have to go and switch

electronic sports could be something amazing. there's almost limitless potential for possible metagames and rulesets. but they will never be taken seriously because every few years some shitty fucking developer feels the need to develop a sequel with tons of actual changes to gameplay. in actual sports like chess or football, there's either no rule changes, or extremely minor and niche ones that only come into place after years of controversy. but with video games, the entire fucking thing is flipped on its head every few years, meaning there is never room for an actual meta to have time to grow

if smash stays on Melee, it might be the thing that changes this
>>
>>257347558
>that video
>"Mee-Lee"
every time
>>
>>257354498
Not him, but I actually got confused. I thought you were saying 64 was really underrated and Melee was shit, and then Brawl improved slightly upon Melee. And that there is a big 64 fanbase that's mad that there isn't another game in the same style as 64. I've heard some people say Smash 4 is similar to 64 in style, so I assumed 64 fans were mad at Melee and Brawl fans because they were not happy with Smash 4 being similar to 64.
>>
>>257354307
But that's bullshit. You can balance faster jump speeds just fine. The same 1:1 usually exists in most fighting games.
>>
>>257354841
>If Smash stays on Melee and Nintendo decides to help the community
ftfw
>>
>>257354305
>it's over stayed it's welcome
No. It's a great game, that isn't perfect but did a lot of unique things.

>you can still play it with friends
You can still play all the Smash games with Friends, but competitive smash will remain centered around Melee.
>limited characters
Still more viable and useful that Brawl's.

You also talk a bunch of shit about a community you know nothing about? Really, you think people on want to play on Battlefield an destination? Do you think things like Wavedashing are completely necessary to the metagame for most characters?
Also what's up with the whole elitism thing? Are they barring you from joining discussions or events?
>>
>>257354823
Shit, my bad
>>
File: zlCfzSRzeTcenkVc_0.png (2 KB, 320x120) Image search: [Google]
zlCfzSRzeTcenkVc_0.png
2 KB, 320x120
>>257354764
Let me give several constantly restated reason why you shouldn't
>>
>>257354841
This is some next level shit. You just wrote a paragraph proposing the idea that all future videogame sequels have no gameplay changes whatsoever.
>>
>>257354498

It would show that the series went from good quality to shit to decent.
>>
>>257354867
The only thing similar is that throws are powerful again it plays nothing like 64
>>
>>257354810
They shouldn't aim to be brawl either.

>>257354307
Smash is a competitive platformer. The best platfotmers have conservation of momentum.
>>
I'm taking melee fags less seriously every day that passes.
>>
>>257354867
Anyone who claims that Smash 4 is anything like 64 has never played 64 at a competent level. The games aren't anything alike.

The game is clearly closest to Brawl. I don't know how people debate this.
>>
>>257354810
And yet the game aims to be Brawl 2.0 and everyone here defends that.

If it WAS Melee 2.0 they'd all be just as butthurt as the Meleefags are now.
>>
>>257354718

Falcon was shit because he had no priority on his moves and couldn't combo off of anything. Scoring kills was also an issue.
>>
>>257355065
cool story bro
>>
>>257355091
>priority

The game favoring defensive play with unsafe approaches and loss of momentum sunk falcon.
>>
>>257355081

It's not Brawl 2.0. It's not Melee 2.0. I'm sure if you weren't fucking trash at either game you'd know this.
>>
>>257354968
But I don't play competitively

I like fun
>>
>>257355065
So is that everyone that doesn't like Smash 4 then? Or just everyone with a different opinion than yours.
>>
>>257354969
for multiplayer games designed for competitive play, yes

yes I fucking know that melee wasn't designed to be competitive
>>
>>257354969
Change for the sake of change isn't always good. They should make balance changes, but the shit that happened from Melee to Brawl was mostly garbage changes.
>>
>>257354283
>Game 1 is a 9/10
>Game 2 is a 9/10
>Game 3 is a 3/10
>Game 4 is a 5/10
>game 4 improved on game 3 so why are fans of games 1 and 2 so pissed?
That's what you meant.
>>
>>257355201
OK there buddy, despite dozens of impressions of the game from people who played it saying it's closer to Brawl than any other game in the series.
>>
>>257354785

And thats why Fox, Marth and Falco are top tier in Melee.

They dominated the ground and air game. Anyone else excelled at one element but flopped in the other (dubbed: balance).

Sakurai is doing us all a favor by getting rid of top-tier-Fox.
>>
>>257355208
Why do you imply they are mutually exclusive?
>>
>>257355230
People that suck melee's dick and hate anything that isn't melee only because it's not melee and won't even consider any change or see the positive side of any change because if it is not melee it is shit to them.
>>
>>257355201
It is very close to brawl though. Loss of momentum and unsafe attack approaches are strikingly similar.
>>
>>257354648
As I said, the Smash Bros fanbase has always been casual, Melee's fanbase was casual before moving on to Brawl. Brawl is still widely played and more than Melee however, Melee gains more presence because of how outspoken tourney players are in contrast to casual fans.

From a tourney fan's perspective, Brawl was an "inferior" product to Melee because of the game's mechanics. However, most casual gamers never cared about how fast-paced melee was or its "advanced" techniques because they just wanted a game to have fun with.

Most people play with items on on a variety of stages which is why it was already fast-paced to them. There wasn't much in worries about "tier-lists" because the characters flaws/weaknesses could easily be compensated with items, and irregardless of their strength, anybody could win because the items/Final Smash were the wild card of the battle.
>>
>>257355373
Because people will respond every single time.
>>
So why hasn't Project M been hit with a C&D yet?
>>
>>257355341
Fox only started winning tournaments a very short while ago. Falcon and marth come nowhere near the speed of, say, falcon or other characters that benefited from said conservation of momentum.
>>
>>257355341
Real talk?
Fox should have been banned in melee.
He had way too many unique or powerful tools, too many strengths, no real weakness, he was just too good and on a league of its own. Other characters took ages to develop their metagame to compete with him and even then it was always an uphill battle by extremely skilled players trying to match Fox's OPness.
>>
>>257355502
From what we know Nintendo finds it interesting, or they don't want bad press for shutting down a popular mod.
>>
>>257355386
So a group that doesn't exist but you'll generalize and smear all over everyone to for your personal narrative. Gotcha.
>>
>>257355386
You're an idiot who will argue for only your perception of what you think someone who disagrees with you thinks.

If Brawl tweaked on Melee's physics a bit, didn't remove mechanics and actually balanced the cast while adding new characters no one would be angry.

But you will never listen to actual reasoning because you're a spiteful and angry faggot.
>>
>>257355576
Someone is going to seriously respond to this post so I'll give it a 6/10.
>>
>>257355386
Calm down, man. I know it's hard to hear this, but don't take everything you read on /v/ so seriously. A lot of the big meleefags have said they don't expect this to be Melee 2 and that's fine, they just want it to have merit. But because /v/ tends to shit on everything they don't like, people take any form of negativity as "OH IT'S NOT MELEE"
>>
>>257355335

Anyone that was experienced in Brawl has told me the opposite.

>>257355397

You won't know about good approach options until the metagame actually develops.
>>
>>257355196
Falcon has always been shit, though
>>
>>257354305
>overstated its welcome

"OVERSTAYED", YOU FUCKING MONGOLOID.

YES I MAD.
>>
File: 1324117318777.gif (541 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1324117318777.gif
541 KB, 400x225
>>257355373
Because I never see competitive-anything players having fun

They're always frustrated and tense and angry and shit talk each other
>>
>>257355407
>brawl is played more than melee

But it isn't. Sakurai even lamented this fact.
>>
>>257355407
You didn't really address the point that it can be both. Are you saying that implementing competitive elements in Smash 4 will drive away casuals? Do you honestly think casuals care about gameplay depth?

They see Megaman and Mario fighting and they go and buy it, that's the very reason they're called casual. Adding competitive elements would help bridge the gap between two very fractured communities.
>>
File: sheik.jpg (214 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
sheik.jpg
214 KB, 1500x1500
>>257355576
>>
>>257355502
Even if they do, people will still play.
>>
>>257355407
Brawl gets played more only because it is newer but overall Melee managed to be much more popular when it was new even among casuals.
Brawl physics were not fun and got annoying fast. It's still ok as a party game once every now and then with friends but it failed to get people hooked enough to care about the game and play it seriously, and I don't mean tourneyfag level serious but just like normal people that play with their friends but still try to do their best when they fight.
>>
>>257355341

>jigglypuff
>peach

Besides that none of them benefited from momentum the most. Falcon is the posterboy for it. Shine being stupidly useful is why spacies are so good. Marth having more range than god is why he is so good. You talk like someone who knows nothing about the game.
>>
File: 1405357719731.gif (3 MB, 600x334) Image search: [Google]
1405357719731.gif
3 MB, 600x334
>>257355751
OH BOY LET'S REV UP THOSE GIFS AND WEBMS
>>
>stop bitching about smash 4
>play project m
>wait until someone mods smash 4 to be melee as well
>problem solved
>>
>>257355631
You're wrong and you are exactly what you say I am.
It's all basically the other way around.
Good job proving that meleefags are the cancer.
>>
>>257355502
It would be VERY bad PR. It's too popular.

Hell, they even invited some PM players to the E3 Invitational. I think peachyhime literally only played PM.
>>
>>257355751
>>257355840
http://youtu.be/lXNZsBJmjnA
>>
>>257355081
Nobody knows until the game comes out. Whether its Brawl or Melee 2.0, who fuckin cares. Let's just be glad we're getting a fuckin game released. Look at the Fallout crowd, they've waited 6 years after the release of Fallout New Vegas and they still haven't gotten a game from Bethesda. At least we're getting a new game.

And if you don't like it just stick to your Project M/Melee whatever you like while the rest of us patiently wait for the arrival of this game.
>>
>>257355896
Why is he a meleefag? Because he said the word in his post?
>>
File: 1406157066098.webm (1 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1406157066098.webm
1 MB, 600x338
>>257355751
>>257355840
>>
>>257355989
That massive overreaction was way too defensive.
>>
>>257355851
That doesn't solve anything. I still need to be able to tell Smash 4 players how much better I am than them.
>>
>>257347558
>gamefeel

dropped
>>
File: Kanji looks happy.jpg (11 KB, 299x408) Image search: [Google]
Kanji looks happy.jpg
11 KB, 299x408
>>257355851
>problem solved
>thinking this will change anything
>>
>>257355980
It's a product I'm paying for not a charitable gift, I'm not going to be elated and grateful someone tried to sell me a product...
>>
>>257355967
they're both loveable little autists
>>
I don't understand it. Casuals claim to love the slower pace and love anything that fucks over the competitive side, but if you're a REAL casual Smash player, why the fuck would you care?

You're not a casual the second you begin to compare games, because a real casual doesn't know the difference between Melee and Brawl, and a real casual doesn't feel any difference when using Captain Falcon in Melee and using him in Brawl because it's all the fucking same.

I suspect it's all just to shitpost.
>>
>>257355502
It would be like if Blizzard issued a C&D on DOTA back in 2006.
>>
>>257356056
why does the guy not playing at all look the most upset after that round?
>>
>>257355896
>literally no arguments except "no u"

Most "Melee-purist" don't exist and you're fighting a boogeyman. Also how am what you're stating, I play the 3 games and the mod a lot and I love all of them, but I can also criticize different aspects of them without getting pissed like you.

People are not angry about it being different, it's about lacking actual improvements to the balancing of the game, and making the mechanics and physics fit.
>>257356057
Naw, you're just a fucking retard. Enjoy fighting your boogeyman.
>>
>>257356057
Sounds like Sakurai when he was making Brawl amirite?
>>
>>257356224
The first time I replayed Melee after playing Brawl, I thought it felt too fast and too heavy.
>>
>>257356224
>I suspect it's all just to shitpost.

And it works every time.
>>
>>257356241
That would have been a good thing though
>>
>>257356263
pure shock trying to fathom what he's just seen

hax has the greatest facial expressions
>>
>>257356057
And meleefag is way overused. Think of a new insult.
>>
>>257356285
Keep saying the same shit, that won't make it true.
We've all seen the meleefags here before. Pretending they don't exist is bullshit.
>>
>>257356329
The first time I replayed Brawl after replaying Melee after replaying Brawl, I thought it felt too slow and too floaty.
>>
>>257356224
This is a video game board on 4chan, there's no real casuals here.
>>
The reasons these threads work so well is because when casuals shitpost there's no real harm because it's a joke and nobody on /v/ could possibly admit to being this casual about video games, but when tourneyfags shitpost all hell breaks loose and it's just those elitist tourneyfags ruining everyone's fun again.
>>
>>257356329
>too fast

Why do you hate fun?
>>
>>257356407
There are more Brawlfags/casualfags than anything else. That, or they're a really fucking loud minority.
>>
>>257356371
If the glove fits.
>>
File: 1324758181035.jpg (76 KB, 519x600) Image search: [Google]
1324758181035.jpg
76 KB, 519x600
>>257356512

>he's never played with /v/

most people here are shit except those 2 guys and me. Doesn't matter what game
>>
>>257356556
So you're saying it's okay to shitpost?
>>
>>257356329

This. THIS is what I don't understand.

No one said that shit when melee came out.

Fucking no one, even my 6 year old sister could play melee. It's only years after Brawl came out that people suddenly started thinking melee was too fast.
>>
>>257354648
It was never hated until Sakurai and Nintendo started pushing their revisionist history where Melee was an impossibly complex game that casuals could not get into at all.

Say what you will about Melee and autism and whatever, there is no other game out there that has seen a revival like Melee's.
>>
>>257356407
No, you're a piece of shit, and a sorry excuse for a human being. I've seen "meleefags" criticize aspects of the newer games, not complain about how it's not Melee HD.

There are plenty of people, regardless of good they actually are, that wanted meaningful improvements and balancing. Spiteful people like you are the actual cancer to series, because you're strawman anyone who disagrees with you, you trash talk people who play differently than you or those who play on a different skill level. People like you who condemn others for having fun while playing a "hurr a 14 year old game".
>>
Sometimes I feel like the only person who had problems with both Melee and Brawl and is hoping Smash 4 is a nice balance between the two of them
>>
>>257356723
But hardcore gamers suck at video games, they spend their time and acquire skills on "debating" over message boards about how wrong everyone else is instead of playing video games.
>>
File: 1402268260291.jpg (118 KB, 1256x1075) Image search: [Google]
1402268260291.jpg
118 KB, 1256x1075
>Side A can't grasp how Side B loves Brawl, flaws and all, more than Melee/PM
> Side B thinks Side A is out to ruin their fun by making everything boring and controlled, when really they just want improved features that they feel needs to be in the game for it to be considered serviceable

In summary
> Side A holds painfully high standards to idealized perfection but means well
> Side B can't seem to state their feelings without getting overly defensive and picking out shitposters as though they represent Side A
>>
>>257356723
I know /v/ is terrible at games, but being shit at games doesn't mean you're casual, it means you're shit at games.

A actual casual doesn't go on video game forums and argue gameplay with people online.
>>
>>257356847
Yet you are strawmaning me harder than I ever did.
>>
>>257356867
Sure.

Even as a tourneyfag, I'm excited for Smash 4 because it seems like what Brawl was always meant to be, a more casual experience to fall back on whenever I'm burnt out from melee, not a slow abomination that shat all over HAL's legacy.
>>
>>257356921
Side A can grasp it though. Side A just wants them to admit that they like the game for shitty, superficially reasons and that they need to get off their high horse and stop thinking that having Sakurai's dick lodged in their throat makes them a better person.
>>
>>257356941
>you're strawmanning me

No I'm not. You're a literal piece of shit. More than likely a petty person who derives pleasure from shitposting.
>>
>>257357139
Then stop responding to him.
>>
>>257357103
Shitty, superficial reason such as?
>>
File: laughinghog.png (91 KB, 486x555) Image search: [Google]
laughinghog.png
91 KB, 486x555
>>257356935
>but being shit at games doesn't mean you're casual

Only on /v/
>>
>>257351070
What does something being old have to do with anything?
>>
>>257357320

More stuff is better. It's basically the entire brawl argument
>>
>>257357365
You can be complete ass at games and still play them a ton, it just means you have no skill. Look at most of people here.
>>
File: worried suzu.png (205 KB, 513x548) Image search: [Google]
worried suzu.png
205 KB, 513x548
>Smash
>A game where you are given enough options to basically control just about everything for a match so you can play the way you want to play.

>Has by far the most shit flinging of any game out there based soley from the fact that people don't play the game the same wayy you play it.

You play 1v1 fox only final destination? You're a faggot.

You play 4 man FFA coin match with only pokeballs on very high on pokefloats? You're a faggot.

You play 1v1 with a friend all options on default with a random stage? You're a faggot.

You play some weird custom game mode you came up with? You're a faggot.

How does this happen?
>>
>>257357320
>Brawl is better because it has more of everything, regardless of whether or not any of that content that there is more of is actually good
>Brawl is better because it includes this character, no matter if that character is fun to use in the physics of the game, no matter if that character is balanced, no matter if the entire roster is balanced
I can give you more.
>>
>>257354289
thats max for you, he extends his stupidity on a subject to 5-8 minutes. "oh shoot korra by platinum gotta make a vid"

it plays like bayonetta
from what I played its pretty much bayonetta
the controls are like bayonettas
the gamplay is just like bayonetta

I played the same demo and it plays like fucking anarchy reigns and nothing like bayo
>>
I would forgive it all if the game had real combos, which have been a thing since Smash 64. But no, Sakurai removed that, too.

I await the next Smash game, where you can't dash or shield anymore because Sakurai thought it was necessary.

There was no real reason to change the physics from Melee. The floaty and slowness is all because Sakurai wants casuals to keep up, which they could already do with fucking Melee because the only people who actually play Melee at a pace difficult to follow are the super pro players who hang out at tournaments anyway, so no casual will ever experience that.

Sakurai is a fucking hack, and it pains me to see how people are totally alright with him making shit more casual for no reason, while shitting on every other dev that does the same. It's all bitter hate for the competitive scene while Sakurai slips away in the chaos of all that shitposting and ends up unscathed.

It's gonna slow down until it looks like fucking PlayStation All-Stars levels of shit, and you're all gonna eat it up and forgive Sakurai because it's "just a party game", which is his own little personal bullshit argument when people question his design choices. His own little "get out of jail, free" card to protect himself from getting called out.

I'm not getting this shit. And before you shitpost about it like I know you'll do, no, I'm not a Meleefag or a competitive player. I'm a guy that liked Smash before it turned into this shit. Brawl started it all but holy shit it was just the start.

The only improvement in Smash 4 over Brawl is the graphics and overall colors. The combat looks like shit. Sakurai should just remove all neutral stages and just force everyone to play with items and on hazard stages because that's the only time the game looks interesting and fun. Even the fucking adventure mode thing looks bland as fuck, another Subspace Blunder.

I'm done with Smash until it gets a competent director.
>>
>>257357484
People want reaffirmation that their playstyle is the 'true' one.
>>
>Melee is faster
>Melee is better
Then don't fucking buy the new one. Why are you people complaining. It's SAKURAI'S game. Not yours. You don't have to get it.
>>
>>257357320

I have never heard a pro brawl argument, all I've ever seen the casual elitists do are call people who play project m tourney fag babbies, and that the new game is good and if that melee was already made so go play it.

I have never seen a someone mention something positive about brawl, aside from characters, stages, and items and whatnot but I don't think that's really the case of the argument.
>>
>>257357484
None of those happen other than the first one though. I've never once seen a tourneyfag here say that a person is playing the game wrong because they are doing a FFA with items on some scrolling stage.
>>
>>257356241
>aborting MOBAs
>a bad thing
>>
File: old v.png (12 KB, 351x298) Image search: [Google]
old v.png
12 KB, 351x298
>>257356263
That guy is /v/ personified
>>
>>257357320
Everything not related to core gameplay such as more music, SSE, cool cutscenes, better graphics. That's all great stuff, but if the core gameplay is worse, it's all superficial in the end.
>>
>>257357620
>criticism shouldn't exist guys!
>don't give your opinions about video games on video game discussing boards!

How far is Sakurai's dick lodged up your ass?
>>
>>257355602
The Melee EVO fiasco made them realize finally that this is a different time and they can't boss their fans around anymore.
>>
>>257357539
Sakurai does some dumb troll shit and /v/ sucks his dick and forgives him for being a hack developer. I don't know why Nintendo thinks he's so core to the Smash franchise when HAL was what made the first two games great.
>>
>>257357539
Is this copypasta?

Because I can't believe someone took the time to write this misinformed piece of text without trying to troll.
>>
>>257356263
>>257357782
Because, just for a brief moment, he regretted his switch to Fox and wished to return to Falcon. However, his 20XX mindset promptly squashed that idea.

It's ironic, the best Falcon main in the world is also one of the only ones who hate playing as him.
>>
What if they just add a turbo option that speeds up the game?
>>
>>257347558
I'm one of those faggots who enjoyed both of those games. Then again I never approached smash brothers with the like super competitive mentality. I just play it with friends and have a good time.
>>
>>257357913
I said neither of these things
Also, proper criticism is criticizing what a game has. Not what it doesn't. Right?
>>
>>257358012
Because speeding up the game doesn't change the engine so all the flaws the game would have still exist?
>>
>>257358012
Speed is just one issue people have with the game.
>>
>>257358012
That's been in every game since Melee.
>>
>>257358012

There is already a lightning option in melee/brawl. It literally just makes the game play twice as fast.

And it's a shit option that no one plays with because it's not fun and just makes the games control even worse and doesn't solve any problems.
>>
File: Project M Roster.png (146 KB, 480x275) Image search: [Google]
Project M Roster.png
146 KB, 480x275
So, /v/. Now that we can all agree that Smash 4 is anti-hype, who are the remaining characters?
>>
>>257347558
>In my opinion, game feel is very important

This is comedy right?
>>
>>257353038
>unplayed for a year
you mean tournament wise? I played brawl for like 6+ years with friends.
>>
>>257358068
How is that proper criticism, you should absolutely criticize something for being lacking.
>>
>>257358068
So I can't criticize DmC because if lacked many features standard to the series/genre and being overall worse.

Also yes you did.
>>
>>257358157
Nobody.

They should focus on making the game they have no perfect and stop wasting time creating lifeless, generic new characters.
>>
>>257358068

When a game doesn't have things that previous installments (or even other games in the genre) did its fine to criticize it. it's something people shit on EA for all the time
>>
>>257358229
No, he obviously meant you and your friends when he said that.
>>
>>257358329
Because when EA does it it's bad but when Nintendo does it it's okay.
>>
>>257358157
Iori, Fruit Ninja and Marcus Fenix.
>>
>>257358068
Wrong, you imbecile.

By your logic, DmC is a perfectly fine game even though it stripped out much more than it added

By your logic, RE5 is a good game even though it cannibalized any semblance of horror or tenseness that the series still clung to after

By your logic, everything that has happened in gaming in the past 5 years is acceptable

You're wrong.
>>
>>257351070
melee is literally the third strike of smash
>>
>>257358421
Nintendo can suck dick and I'll still love them.

Fuck EA, I hope they die.
>>
>>257357539
>Sakurai is a fucking hack

Says the guy on 4chan that has never done anything of worth his life. You know what irony is, boy?
>>
>>257358229
Not him but yes it didn't last very long in tournaments.

It would have made the more competitive players happy if it didn't have mechanics made to be hostile to players.

The game was made to shit on offense in every way.
There is also planking and you get punished if you try to play offensively unless you're Metaknight.

The way the game turned out is
1) Get life lead
2) Run away

The person chasing you is fighting a losing battle.
Hard.
>>
>>257347558
>ignore the improvements to Brawl
so brawl IS shit, now that smash 4 is "better" than brawl, will smash 5 be better than smash 4? take a guess.
make something shit and then make something less shit, that way you can never move on to improve your product.
>>
>>257358486
All of those are impossible.
>>
>>257358534
DmC is fine. There, I said it. You are just mad because 'muh Dante'. Team Ninja is a good, competent company. Sorry.
>>
>>257358332
I don't see how you can measure a games popularity just because it's not particularly popular with tournaments.

The point I was making is there could have been tons of local play like with me and my buddies.
>>
File: 1404454245411.jpg (70 KB, 960x402) Image search: [Google]
1404454245411.jpg
70 KB, 960x402
>>257347558

At the very least, he acknowledges that he warmed up to the games playstyle after a while. What you say is true, though. There's a childish mentality in the melee community that speed is the only thing that matters in Smash, which is most likely why they're ridiculed by the greater competitive community at large.

Here's some good examples. Two of the msot popular competitive games right now are Marvel v. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter 4. MvC is based around fastpaced combat and the combo game, while SF is slower and has a greater importance on proper defense and the punish game.

The two play as different as night and day, yet they are both respected because of the depth their systems allow. Meleefags don't give a shit about systems, though. All they want is speed to hold their short attention spans. In the US, Brawl has been mostly abandoned competitively because of this, but in the Japanese scene, it has flourished due to dedication by the playerbase over there. Look up some Japanese Brawl doubles matches, they're surprising complex and very enjoyable to watch.

TL;DR Meleefags are cancer.
>>
>>257347558
>The Melee fag hivemind
But anon, the hivemind has switched to Brawl. If you speak positively of Melee or P:M, or negatively of any other Smash, you're immediately berated as a "tourneyfag" by the smug casual elitists here
>>
>>257356867
Of course Melee has problems. It just has less than Brawl, but Smash 4 is not looking at all like a balance between the two of them. I continually see apologists say "Let each Smash game be what it is" but they totally ignore how absolutely similar Smash 4 is to Brawl.
>>
>>257358592
I don't see how that's relevant. That doesn't make his opinion any less valid. Calling people out for being bad at their job in a field they have no experience in is something news people do all the fucking time.
>>
>>257358661

You should stick to trolling smashfags, they will argue about anything.

No one who plays Devil May Cry would take you serious for half a second after you posted that.
>>
>Smash on 3DS won't always run things at 60 FPS
>Senran Kagura Deep Crimson runs at 60 FPS with 25+ enemies on the screen and in 3D mode

Come on, Nintendo.
>>
>>257358534
>RE5
>Not the best RE
>Thinking RE was scary and had horror

Holy shit, I was told there were some casuals on /v/ but I never thought it was this bad.
>>
>>257358661
>Team Ninja is a good competent company
>Can't get their simple game running smoothly
>Filled with glitches that hinder the game more than helps it
>Focuses on things that isn't combat when the point of the series is the combat
>Enemies are so nonaggressive that you can sit there for 20-30 seconds on most difficulties without worrying about an attack
>No depth whatsoever
>Bosses are incredibly basic

I don't even give a shit about the story or who the character is.
It didn't play good.

And it didn't sell anyways.
>>
>>257358729
>There's a childish mentality in the melee community that speed is the only thing that matters in Smash
>All they want is speed to hold their short attention spans.
ayy lmao
>>
>>257357320
I have been in discussions and have been told that Brawl is better because it has more characters, stages and music than Melee, and that gameplay does not matter at all.
>>
>>257358661
upboat for you good sir, because you were daring enough to express your righteous opinion on 4chan's /V/ board!

nah your a cunt and you should just leave now before your stupidity is exposed in all of its glory
>>
>>257358729
>while SF is slower and has a greater importance on proper defense and the punish game.

Smash has both of those, you either have no idea what you are talking about or are just trolling.

If anything Fox is really the only top tier character that can get by on aggression alone. And even then it's better to play a punish heavy game style.
>>
File: 1404020089439.jpg (59 KB, 350x488) Image search: [Google]
1404020089439.jpg
59 KB, 350x488
>>257358736

Sweet victims complex you got there, faggot
>>
>>257358534
>RE
>Horror
When I was 6 perhaps
>>
>>257353867
specific stages, a small roster, and slower game pace are THE things you like the most about Smash? Have you ever played a game?
>>
>>257358703
Yeah, but nobody cares about the popularity about local play with a bunch of nobodies, competitive play gets exposure, keeps the brand name in the public eye and recruits more players that get interested in the scene and hence more buyers.

Once the game is sold it's sold, you played it for 6 years, someone else played it for one day, that's the same value to Nintendo.
>>
>>257347558
I agree.
The whole video felt so stupid, and I usually respect Max's opinions.
>>
>>257358916
Not even playing the victim, could care less what they do. But the hivemind has shifted. At least during the hours I'm on.
>>
>>257358729
>SF is slower and has a greater importance on proper defense and the punish game.
The problem is Brawl does not have a proper defense and punish game.
You can not even punish on reaction because of the forced input lag.

Most characters are not nearly fast enough to punish as well.
Offense is punished in all ways.
And that doesn't even address planking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0r0DkNiqxc

Shields were also much more durable than in Melee and 64, and there was not a lot of blockstun.

There is a lot of issues that keeps Brawl from being comparable to SF.

SF also supports defensive play and offensive play and one is not weak compared to the other.
In Brawl defense is the dominant option.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.