[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE CONTROLLERS SUCK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: shit.jpg (451 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
451 KB, 2048x1536
I tried the PS4 and Xbox One today.

Somehow they managed to fuck up both controllers. I mean, what the fuck?

Xbox One:
>The bumpers are designed so that you have to click them while your fingers are still on the triggers.
>They reduced the space between the A,B,X, and Y buttons way too much.
>The D-pad, although functional, is still the worst of the lot.
>The analog sticks (THIS IS THE WORST PART) the analog sticks have been shrunk SIGNIFICANTLY, Its FUCKING horrible.

Dualshock 4
>Analog sticks are almost as small as the Xbox One.
>D-pad is not the same. Its like the Xbox One now, but not quite as bad.
>Doesn't fit as snuggly into the hand as the Xbone
>The whole thing feels cheap and plasticy, like some fucking Chinese rip-off.
>Made out of glossy plastic that will get greasy in 10 seconds.

Overall they were the same size. Both were shitty in their own way. Xbone will stay more stable in the hand, but the buttons are shittier.

I prefer the 7th gen controllers to this SHITE. PC gamers, stick with the 360.
>>
Your opinions are pretty shitty
>>
>>The D-pad, although functional, is still the worst of the lot.
Well at least it's functional now.
>>
Okay then hamfingers
>>
>>256710504
OP here, to be honest I may be exagerating there. It's functional. It clicks, though like a real button.

It feels foreign, but I suppose it works 100% and therefore I can't complain. I'll strike that from my list of complaints. Its just different, that's all.

In the heat of battle, it will do as its told.
>>
>>256710265
your opinion is shit
>>
Probably the only actual feedback I've heard. But the DS4 sticks aren't as small as the Xbox One controller. The Xbox One controller is an almost downgrade from the 360 with the exception of the d-pad, which is still not even as good.
>>
>>256710265
is ds4 an upgrade to the shit called ds3 or is the difference negligible
>>
>>256711447
>But the DS4 sticks aren't as small as the Xbox One controller.

I said that, though. They're still tiny as fuck compared to the DS3.

Btw, by "small" I mean that the Xbox One's analog sticks are literally fit perfectly for my pinky fingers.

Granted, I'm a HUGE guy, (6'8") but I had both the 360 and PS3, and this is a noticeable downgrade. SInce I'm so big, I'm nit-picky about having a controller that's big enough. Both felt exactly the same in terms of how much I could grip on to. My pinky was barely holding onto the bottom. I would still like more grip, but I'm an exception.
>>
>>256711789
Bro, I am way smaller than you, and still felt the sticks to be small as fuck. In fact, the controller itself. And before any cheeky cunt mentions weight, let me just say that I lift. I couldn't even reach the bumpers either. MS really fucked it up
>>
>>256710265
As someone with babbyhands, the Xbone controller is absolute garbage. However the DS4 is perfect for me, must suck to be you. Also

>Been out for over 8 months
>JUST posting about it
I'm pretty sure every store has a demo of them by now.
>>
>>256711826
To be honest, I never found the DS3 to be bad, only for people who probably have large hands which I agree it was too small. But the controller itself wasn't bad and the buttons and bumpers to this date still hold. But whoever did make the decision to make the downward curve to the triggers really was retarded.
>>
The xbox 1 is great

The PS4 is garbage, feels like a madcatz controller.
>>
File: 1396656391091.gif (213 KB, 400x276) Image search: [Google]
1396656391091.gif
213 KB, 400x276
Thanks anon, I have been thinking in switching my 360 gamepad, can't take the awful d-pad anymore, any plans on testing the Wiiu controller?
>>
>>256712163
Yeah, if I had to choose, I'd always pick DS4 over the Xbox One controller.
>>
>>256710265
>not using pro controller for pc and emulation
to each their own.
>>
>>256711826
Well, I would say that overall, its still an upgrade. There's more meat to grab onto, and the triggers combined with concave joysticks mean that you don't have to do yoga to play anymore.

All in all, I would say its an UPGRADE, but a major disappointment at how cheap it feels. While I hate the DS3, I somehow feel more satisfied with it. Its less of a gimmick. It did what it needed to do. You get the feeling they they tried WAY too hard this gen, and both systems ended up with a major strike-out for all their efforts.

Also, the triggers are mushy like the old one. the Xbox still has the more realistic triggers. The rumble is cool, too.
>>
>>256712313
I tried the tablet.

Its whatever. Joysticks placed a little funky. The lower the joystick, the more dexterity you have.

The triggers and bumpers are functional but shitty because they're digital.

It's a meh controller. Not HORRIBLE, but just meh. It works.
>>
>>256712012
is meant for
>>256711983
>>
File: Wii-U-Pro-Controller1.jpg (24 KB, 650x406) Image search: [Google]
Wii-U-Pro-Controller1.jpg
24 KB, 650x406
>>256712759
I meant this one.
>>
>>256713092
Haven't given it a spin. Right off the bat I'll tell you:

>digital triggers
>glossy finish = prints and oil all over it
>Joystick in top right = less dexterity, but I'm sure you can get used to it, no problem.
>>
Surprised that people are defending the dualshock 4. It's a pretty shitty controller. Haven't tried the new Xbox though.
>>
>>256712484
in terms of dpad/buttons anything drastically different between ds4 and 3?
i would prefer to get a controller that the X/O buttons do not stop feeling clickable after 6 months
>>
I have a wii u pro controller and a ds3. Wii u pro wins although it does take a while to get accustomed to the stick and button placement
>>
>>256713496
Nah, the buttons feel the smae. The triggers are better this time, the bumpers are a different shape.

The D-pad is not what you remmeber from the DS3. Its not bad, by any stretch of the imagination. Just... weird. The sticks are smaller.

That's about it.
>>
>>256710265
i like the one and the wii u controllers but the ps4's controller is retarded
>>
So this thread confirms that the Wii U Pro Controller is the best of this gen?

>Dat D-Pad
>Dat analog sticks
>Dat battery life
>>
I'm hooking up a wire from my computer to my big screen tv and looking for a wireless controller. Should I go for the 360 wireless controller?

god damn gabe, release the steam controller.
>>
>people falling for the trolling
I bought an xbone controller for my PC and I have to say, overall its the best controller I've ever used. People just don't like change so despite the many improvements it has undergone,they think they are drawbacks, like making the sticks tighter and the deadzones smaller.
>>
360 controller > DS4 >>>>>>>>>>xbone > DS3

Finally sony made concave sticks
>>
>>256715484
Yes.
>>
>>256715429
Nearly. But muh analogue triggers.
>>
From what I've played so far of next-gen:

Wii U pro > gamepad/DS4 > Xbone controller

The DS4 is quite comfortable. If the battery life didn't somehow rival a controller with a big-ass screen in the middle of it, and the triggers weren't so damn squeaky, it'd be up there with the pro controller.
>>
>>256710265
I like the feel of the xbone controller in my hands tbh. it's so comfy
>>
I actually like the Xbone controller a lot better than the 360, but the thumbsticks are fucking aweful. Anyone know if you can swap 360 sticks onto it?
>>
>>256718630
if you can pop it open you can honestly replace what you want with what you want
>>
>>256710265
>The bumpers are designed so that you have to click them while your fingers are still on the triggers.
More improvement then otherwise, just takes a little to get used to
>They reduced the space between the A,B,X, and Y buttons way too much.
Again I prefer this, but this one is subjective
>The D-pad, although functional, is still the worst of the lot.
False. It's a lot more responsive than the DS4 now actually.
>The analog sticks (THIS IS THE WORST PART) the analog sticks have been shrunk SIGNIFICANTLY, Its FUCKING horrible.
Subjective, I prefer it.

>Analog sticks are almost as small as the Xbox One.
Subjective whether or not this is a good/bad thing. At least they got the shape right finally
>D-pad is not the same. Its like the Xbox One now, but not quite as bad.
Still feels like a DS D-pad to me. Xbox One D-pad is better though
>Doesn't fit as snuggly into the hand as the Xbone
Fact.
>The whole thing feels cheap and plasticy, like some fucking Chinese rip-off.
Fact.
>Made out of glossy plastic that will get greasy in 10 seconds.
Wash your hands, dry them, don't sweat heaps and this isn't a problem.

The Bone controller is definitely the way to go.
>>
>pressing the analog stick

I hate this shit
when this started?

I miss the ds2 controller, that was perfection why change what's not broken
>>
Xone's is pretty good, it's just a matter of adjusting imo. The DS4 is just shit and feels like a chinese knockoff.
>>
>>256710265

I like the Xbone controller over the 360 controller and I advocate it over any other controller usable on pc.

Blow me, I like it a lot and don't want to use anything else.
>>
>>256717693
is the whole blue light reflection on screen exaggerated or will i have to tape it?
>>
Why the triggers on the bone feels like shit? The ones in the front are just stiff and clunky while the lever ones are just terrible cause levers are shit for anything else but race games (delayed response).

I can't tell tho if the ds3/4 are the same because the last sony controller I used was the ds2 and I remember having none of these problems.
>>
>>256719542
Depends on the lighting of the room, LCD/Plasma, etc. I had to tape mine.
>>
>>256710265
and then there's the pro controller, which is perfect.
>>
>>256719573
You are holding it wrong. Press the bumpers from the corners and not close to the hinge. I don't know what the fuck you are talking about the triggers, cause the news are awesome, no more squeaking, and the shape is finally ergonomic.
>>
>>256719542

It is absurdly fucking bright and, depending on the game, its flashing colors can be distracting. I got Tomb Raider for cheap, and its genius idea is to use the color bar to mimic a flickering torch.

But I tend to sit/lie at a minor angle from my TV, so the reflection hasn't bothered me. I imagine it still looks like I have a fucking fog lamp in my hands, though.
>>
>>256719784
:^)
>>
>>256719874
Is there any way to turn it off? Its been almost a year, how hard can it be to program it in.
>>
>>256719990

I'm pretty sure there's no option to turn it off yet, but it has been a while since I paid attention to the updates.
>>
>>256719869
I wrote bone but I was actually talking about the 360 controller.

Just for example, the back triggers are terrible for parrying in Dark Souls because it's something that takes timing and the buttons are delayed by pressure.
>>
Guidelines to controller threads on /v/:

1. Does the [controller] feel too [small]/[[large].
-->If too small, then this anon is an obese neckbeard that needs to lose weight.
-->If too large, then this anon is a manlet, who probably is less than 6 feet tall, and has a tiny penis.

2. Are the controller's sticks [symmetric]/[asymmetric]?
-->[Company] got everything wrong. Sticks are not supposed be like that.
3. Is controller made out of cheap materials? Has it broken yet?
-->It will. Even if it hasn't broke yet, it feels cheap as fuck.

Just remember, like all video games, the controller you are discussing is utter, "literal" shit! Enjoy
>>
>>256719990
you can adjust the brightness in the settings menu now, but you can't turn it off.
>>
>>256719869
I agree with what you're saying 100% but shit you sound like a marketer
>>
bone>ds4>wii u pro
>>
File: you.gif (2 MB, 320x246) Image search: [Google]
you.gif
2 MB, 320x246
Why cant ANY of the companies just make a great controller?

It's like you're not allowed to make a controller without at least one gigantic flaw
>>
>>256722124
>Xbone
No flaws at all
>DS4
Only flaws are subjective (symmetric sticks)
>Wii U Pro
See above

Looks like they've all done it.
>>
>>256713092
the only thing this shit does right is the battery life.
>>
>>256722998
Xbone has cheap sticks, they stretch and become loose and wobbly pretty quickly
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 318x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 318x850
>tfw 5'7
>tfw tiny hands
>tfw size 7 shoes
>mfw the DS4 is perfect

Life is good as master race
>>
>>256725815
must be isolated. Mine still work perfectly
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.