[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>new Wii U SKU >drops the gamepad in favor of pro controller
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 14
File: 524254.png (63 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
524254.png
63 KB, 500x320
>new Wii U SKU
>drops the gamepad in favor of pro controller
>unlocked backwards compatibility with gamecube disks
>can use gamecube controller adapter like a champ
>$149.99 asking price

How can nintendo not win this gen if this was swiftly implemented?
>>
>>256703853

The gamepad is here to stay.
>>
>>256703853
They would be selling at a huge loss at that price, I'm guessing.
>>
>>256703853
>$150 dollar loss per unit
>abandoning the only thing that sets it apart from a below-average PC with limited library
>has to include additional compatability hardware for gamecube, likely making the cost go up even more.

stay in school nigger
>>
>>256704083
Not true, the gamepad costs $150 to manufacture
>>
>>256703853
Post the source you cocksucking piece of monkey shit
That's what I thought you aint shit op
>>
File: 1361121863278.jpg (15 KB, 259x215) Image search: [Google]
1361121863278.jpg
15 KB, 259x215
The Gamepad is integral to several games on the Wii U

>Platforms that need touchscreen-microphone interaction to reveal/move in 3D World
>Dividing up teams to different locations/objectives in Pikmin 3
>Every section in The Wonderful 101 where it requires you to use the Gamepad's screen (The gears in the warehouse, the missile launcher in the baseball stadium, the electrical puzzle in 004-A, etc)
>No minimap/race standings in MK8
>Practically unplayable Nintendoland

Selling the Wii U without the gamepad is like selling the 3DS without a bottom screen
>>
>>256706364
Core players hate it and no one is taking advantage of it so it sucks dick. Nintendo should understand the casual market is not a long term bet. They'll trash you as soon as the next fad hitsz
>>
>>256706667
>Core players hate it
That's not even true. Those who own it, love it.
>>
>>256706840
I don't think we'll go anywhere with this because both us are going to spew anecdotes left and right. Can't comment on it without hard statistics
>>
>>256704608
Welcome to 4chan, m80
>>
File: 1352590882242.gif (26 KB, 203x182) Image search: [Google]
1352590882242.gif
26 KB, 203x182
>>256706667
The gamepad is probably the comfiest controller I've used since the DS2. Shame that only Nintendo and Indies seem to be the only ones that seem to use it to it's best uses.
>>
>>256706667
>Core players hate it
That's fucking wrong.

I was wary the first time i used it, i got used to it and like it better than the pro controller
>>
>>256704536

source?
>>
>>256707247
Like I said before. Anecdotes
>>
>>256704237
>>256706364

Will you fanboys make up your minds?

Sometimes I say "I don't want the Wii U because gimmick shit" then people say, "nah, hardly anything uses the gamepad, you can just use the pro controller most of the time." Then I say "why not get rid of the tablet" to which people say "it's the only thing setting it apart from a PC, it's integral to many games, blah blah blah"
>>
>>256706364
Dont forget comfy off screen playing while watching some shit on tv
>>
looking to grab the pro controller only

someone with a ps3 controller and this controller take separate pictures of you holding them both in the default position
>>
>>256706364

Only actually good use of the pad I've seen is movelists for fighting games. Everything else has been forced gimmicks.

Yes, even Fatal Frame.
>>
>>256707101
>Can't comment on it without hard statistics
Except, there's users in the thread that say they like it.

If it was shit, the thread would be filled with
>I wish i could sell/not buy the gamepad

It's a really good concept, the only problem is a lot of games don't utilize it to it's maximum potential.
>>
>>256706364

I'd love a 3DS with only one screen (that has touch control). I don't own a single game that justifies two screens except TWEWY, and I own a lot of games. The end result of all of this is that I paid a good amount of extra money for the hardware, and nearly all of my games just have wasted battery life for a fucking map/health bar/logo to be constantly displayed on the other screen
>>
>>256707851
Monster Hunter does pretty well
>Shortcuts if playing on the big screen, information and completely customizable
>Capcom released a patch that allowed you to play the game through the pad instead of the TV, invalidating my 3DS purchase.
>>
>>256708049
Sorry I don't prefer it when there aren't many games that take advantage of it. I'm much more comfortable with a tried and proven input device. It's called the pro controller and gets the job done. The tablet is an unnecessary expense on a rather lackluster machine.
>>
File: 1375564289738.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1375564289738.gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>256706667
>Core players hate it
Eat a dick, nigga. I loved having maps, menus, and the like on a separate screen on the DS, I love it here.
>>
>>256708421
>'m much more comfortable with a tried and proven input device
It's the exact same shit, you daft cunt. Your hands are just slightly further apart while everything else is the same as every other current controller.
>>
agreed, but still support the gamepad where certain games would require it like kinect. also $200 is probably more realistic, console isn't old enough to be $150.
>>
>>256708434
Great, it works for you but the wiiu would be far better for me if there was a bundle that didn't have the tablet.
>>
>>256708662
>also $200 is probably more realistic, console isn't old enough to be $150.
Well, it has a decent amount of games out for it now. The sales made up by the price drop would be compensated by the increase of game purchases.
>>
>have fun playing Mario 3D World on Pro Controller
>reach a level that requires use of the Gamepad
>turn system off
>>
>>256708434

Please don't be a douche and advocate for game developers to take away the option to have HUD elements on the screen though. It kind of works on DS because both screens are in the same peripheral vision, but a lot of times on the Wii U it is retarded to take your eyes off intense gameplay to see a map or something. Now because the gamepad EXISTS developers think "LET'S JUST TAKE ALL HUDS AND PUT THEM ON THE PAD CUZ MUH IMMERSION!"
>>
>>256708972
I'll take "things that never happened" for 400, Alex.
>>
>>256708657
Why are you getting angry, son? I'm simply providing my views. The battery life isn't great and the number of games that utilize it in creative ways just isn't there. I've tried it and it's awkward and takes my focus away from the tv screen, which should be the centerpiece of vidya, not some small screen.
>>
>>256706840
I own a Wii U and I hate the tablet, been using the pro controller for everything I can. Feels really awkward and heavy in my hands.
>>
>>256709083
Did this just a few hours ago man.
>>
>>256704237
>Additional hardware for compatibility.
Well not really, basically the CPU on Wii U cannot be switched to be 100% gamecube mode, given gamecube was just one CPU etc.

Basically all nintendo has to do is iOS based MIOS just like hackers already could produce with high compatibility and even additional functions (can use dualshock3 or classic controllers to play gamecube games) - but nintendo is bit stuck up in their ways to do something like that.

Hell; if you hack your wii mode in Wiimode and jump over like seven loops just to authenticate the gamecube games on actual wii and then use same wiimote on Wii U, you CAN play gamecube games on Wii U.

And no OP, Wii U is basically THE thing, it is like saying Wii Should have dropped wiimotes - there is already software that relies on the gamepad be it in smallest way and it would be very Sony of nintendo to make a version of the system without all of the parts that some software need to be played fully (Vita TV, I-SEE-U)
>>
>>256708434

If they sold the tablet as an accessory, for HUD elements and internet surfing, most of you faggots who act like it's amazing wouldn't give it a second thought if you had to pay 80 bucks for it, even if it made the Wii U console 80 bucks cheaper.
>>
>>256709037
I agree with this.

It's strange not having the HUD on the screen, i don't know if i'm used to it, or just the quick access of nessesary information.

Fading HUDs are the best though, i really enjoy the gamebryo mods that make the HUD fade when not in use.
>>
>>256703853
>>drops the gamepad in favor of pro controller
It would alienate existing customers and ensure no games were made that used it, which would render the console itself redundant because there would be nothing unique about it.
>>
>>256708972

Can you just not beat the game if you don't use their fucking gimmicks?

This is why I won't buy a Wii U until it's a 100 dollar bargain bin system
>>
>>256709308
I've never said it was amazing. I personally find it comfortable and have no issues with it.
>>
>>256708781

With all the support for the gamepad in just this topic, it's pretty obvious why the padless Wii U idea would never work, games aside. Taking away the pad just turns it into a lackluster PS3.

Things the Wii U needs:

>Marketing (The "Wii would like to play" campaign was like, the most successful thing I've ever seen. Contributed hugely to success.)
>More games (Always)
>More 3rd parties (More of the "finance a game" stuff Nintendo's been doing.
>THE FREAKING VIRTUAL CONSOLE NEEDS TO GROW HOLY CRAP WHERE ARE MY GAMECUBE GAMES OR GAMES AT ALL IT'S LIKE PURE PROFIT NINTENDO YOU CAN'T PRINT MONEY THIS FAST
>>
>>256703853

Where's Z?
>>
>>256703853
Can you guys imagine how much better Wii U games could look and run if they didn't have to waste power rendering to second screen. It probably takes a good 20% to 50% of the systems power.
>>
>>256709516
>THE FREAKING VIRTUAL CONSOLE NEEDS TO GROW HOLY CRAP

Crystal Chornicles with gamepad multiplayer pls
>>
File: 1379015161823.jpg (32 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
1379015161823.jpg
32 KB, 250x272
>>256703853
>>drops the gamepad in favor of pro controller

Fuck off, retard. Nintendo is NEVER gonna get rid of the gamepad when it's the main draw of the console. not to mention many people love the gamepad and prefer it to the pro controller (which just feels like a worse Xbox 360 controller)
>>
The only realistic options for Nintendo if they want to survive until the end of the decade:

>Drop consoles and handhelds. Go third-party and make games for the PS4, PC and smartphones, the only good platforms in the gaming world.

>Drop consoles and handhelds. Sell off all their IPs to those who ACTUALLY DESERVE IT (preferably to Sony). File for bankruptcy. Game over. No more continues.

>Drop consoles and handhelds. Sell themselves off to Sony and become a first-party developer. Now they'll have an ACTUAL console to work with, with an ACTUALLY GOOD COMPANY to watch over them and make sure they don't make any more rehashes. Mario becomes synonymous with the PS4 and Sonydomination becomes universal. Nintendo takes a back seat while Sony drives the Ferrari, but who cares, Sonydomination.
>>
>>256703853
>wants a whole console redesign to incorporate games almost a decade old
>Thinking a system is going to sell millions of units on the strength of a decade old library of discs that are breaking and wearing out
>Wants to create more confusion with the wii by making them do pretty much the same thing

It's not 2006, anon. Nintendo's not going to win by bridging the gap they got from hardcore gamers on the GCN onto the WiiU as well, because they already got the Wii, got the titles that appealed to them(Galaxy, No More Heroes, Madworld, Xenoblade, Sin and Punishment, etc.) and comfortably moved on from the GCN. Stop trying to make the past happen and move on with your life.

Wii had more quality titles than the GCN anyways since it had actual third party support to go with their top tier first party games.
>>
File: pinky and brain.jpg (70 KB, 660x480) Image search: [Google]
pinky and brain.jpg
70 KB, 660x480
But we already post stupid comments on an imageboard and act like armchair economist and executives Brain.
>>
>>256709827
Me and everyone I play with despise the gamepad. I've never met anyone who prefers it to the Pro controller in real life.
>>
>>256709827
>(which just feels like a worse Xbox 360 controller)
Nothing is worse than the 360 controller. The Pro has good analogs and an actually usable d-pad.
Personally, I like both controllers. I'll use the Pro if the game doesn't require the pad but I like the fact that the pad is there and will have games developed for it.
>>
File: 1347344857753.jpg (133 KB, 351x332) Image search: [Google]
1347344857753.jpg
133 KB, 351x332
>>256709946
Heh
>>
>>256709684
>playing on consoles, especially Nintendo
>for graphics
No one can be this stupid
>>
>>256709516

The Wii U's shitty gamepad isn't what sets it apart from other consoles. First party games and not having a library that is 90% FPSes that you can also play on PC sets it apart from other consoles.

"taking away the pad makes it a lackluster PS3"
Adding the pad makes it a gimmicky, lackluster PS3. Unless you truly think "LOOK DOWN AT THE SCREEN TO ROTATE GEARS AND TAP ON LITTLE BUTTONS" is an incredible innovation that sets it apart
>>
File: 1405139716764.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1405139716764.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>256709946
>>
>>256710135
>Unless you truly think "LOOK DOWN AT THE SCREEN TO ROTATE GEARS AND TAP ON LITTLE BUTTONS" is an incredible innovation that sets it apart
Just because you're stupid and have no imagination doesn't mean all game devs are the same.
>>
>>256709725

This is like the only good use I can think of the gamepad. I was incredibly sad I never had 3 friends with GBAs to play those games with.

In fact, I'm incredibly annoyed that the gamepad which theoretically makes WW's tingle tuner so easy and convenient, they were too lazy to implement it in favor of some pictograph shit
>>
>>256703853
That looks fucking awful.

You literally took one of the TWO things that made the GC controller complete shit.
>>
>>256709827
>(which just feels like a worse Xbox 360 controller)
Triggers feel better (albeit lacks analog of the triggers, like, a never used function of the triggers, sadly)
The Dpad is like the god and s- It's nintendo Dpad. It's good. 360 is not good.
The controller is lighter than 360 wireless with batteries. Just a bit better in weight and usability.
Ergonomics may be taste but thanks to the battery compartment in wireless 360 pads the Pro just overall is better on that part.

Just tell me, in which way is the Pro worse than 360 pad again?

Do not get me wrong, Dapd aside I'll grab my 360 controller like I grab my dick and play some PSO2 any fucking day moses. But I ain't gonna say it wins over the Pro in any way really.
>>
>>256710135
>cool features are now gimmicks

Oh but it's only a gimmick when Nintendo does it, right?
>>
>>256710130
I always did back in the 90s and early 2000s.
>>
>>256703853
>>>drops the gamepad in favor of pro controller
>>unlocked backwards compatibility with gamecube disks
Will require GC ports.
>Drops the Pad
That's even more retarded than your image, anon.
>150 asking price
Fuck you op.
>>
>>256710357
>The controller is lighter
Do you think that's a good thing?

I kinda like heavy controllers, the original x-box hueg controller felt great to me.

I also like heavy mice.;
>>
>>256710326
>just because you're stupid
there it is ladies and gentlemen, brilliant arguments!
>>
>>256706667
>no one is taking advantage of it
Except everyone is taking advantage of it you dumbfuck.
>>
>>256710594
Calling something a gimmick isn't an argument either.

The pad enhances gameplay.
>>
File: 1407281354657.png (209 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
1407281354657.png
209 KB, 1200x600
>>256706364
>>
File: 1406689553639.jpg (43 KB, 681x496) Image search: [Google]
1406689553639.jpg
43 KB, 681x496
>>256703853
So lets get this straight.
>Alienate all fans of the prop controller lay-out
>149.99
>Cause more work for the staff by making them have to support the controller, even if it bombs
>If it does bomb, the loss of money would put Nintendo even closer to the brink of bankruptcy
This is a terrible idea, GC controllers will most likely be the only other alternative that Nintendo would actually get behind. People already know they are confortable, well made, and and dont break easily.
>>
>>256703853
how can nintendo win if it's already dead
>>
>>256710537
Do any non shit games use the pad in any meaningful way?

WW HD had it as an inventory screen, which, while useful, wasn't necessary.
>>
>>256710326

Yeah, except no Wii U game has really justified the gamepad yet, and like I said earlier, even throughout the entire lifespan of the DS/3DS, only a very small handful of games even arguably come close to justifying those handhelds' gimmicks. Your dream gimmicks aren't ever going to happen, the most that will happen is that stupid touch screen shit will ruin the next Zelda game with the "spirit xylophone" and "swipe the screen to walk/attack/do everything else!"
>>
>>256710683
>The pad enhances gameplay.
I think anything that requires me to take my attention away from the game on the screen actually hinders gameplay, but whatever. Everyone is different I suppose.
>>
>>256708056
>>256706667
>>256703853
>I don't like it so no one does!!!
Christ, this is your biggest problem

You want to get rid of a feature that lads of people obviously love, and tons of developers use, because you have a negative opinion of it.

Stop being assholes. People like the gamepad and the console was built around it.
>>
>>256706364
>BUT FIVE GAMES USE DA TABLET
Just sell it separately then. I would buy a U if they had a cheapo bundle. Yes I would buy the system without its "selling point"
>>
>>256703853
>drops the gamepad in favor of pro controller
hopefuly not
i like pro controler and i wish more games used it as pause menu so we could quick equip shit
>unlocked backwards compatibility with gamecube disks
i know they could totaly do that but even then still pisses me off that One console with backwards compatability is not enough
>$149.99 asking price
no profit once or ever
>>
>>256710683
calling something an enhancement isn't an argument either.

I could imagine something like stalker with an inventory system and conversation system working with the pad but right now what's the point of using it to go back to the home menu? What does it let me do that no other game does?

Even an idroid functionality from MGS would be fucking great where you could target with the binoculars on the pad and see a real time image of all the mission objectives and maps.
>>
>>256710827
>only a very small handful of games even arguably come close to justifying those handhelds' gimmicks.

That's fucking wrong, have you even played a DS/3DS
>>
>>256709197
The tablet is hardly heavy. It weighs a little more than a 3dsxl
>>
>>256703853
>staggered sticks
>my first game was halo 2!
>>
>>256710802
>wasn't necessary.
It made the game infinitely better.

Color games isn't necessary. Sound isn't necessary. polygons aren't necessary.

The gamepad makes all the games on it infinitely better.

I seriously CAN'T play older WW because the inventory is so shit compared to the WiiU.
>>
>>256703853

Because Nintendo isn't doing that. They're doing the opposite of that. They're pushing the tablet HARDER because that's where most of the WiiU R&D money went and changing that would cost them so much more money AND the system would still sell at a loss with $150 price tag.

And it's too late. By the time they find out that the pushing the tablet harder is a bad idea, PS4 and Xbone will have the console market locked down.
>>
>>256710513

No, it's fucking gimmicks when anyone fucking does it. I hardly see anybody on /v/ defending kinect or playstation move, so shove that fanboy shit up your ass. I can't believe you retards are so desperate you are defending "STOP PLAYING THE GAME AND LOOK DOWN AT YOUR CROTCH IN THE MIDDLE OF COMBAT TO SCRIBBLE ON A SECURITY LOCK TO HACK INTO THE DOOR!"
>>
>>256710571
>Do you think that's a good thing?
When compared how heavy 360 pad is with batteries, yes.
To put it in perspective, it is lighter than wirelss 360 pad but ounce or two heavier than PS3 pad.
PS3 pads tend to vary pretty much from manufacture time, there is small variations like every month in sony stuff.

It IS better for general gameplay and having good feel to the controller.
Something the battery compartment in wireless 360 pads spoils for people Not personally for me, usually, but it is still there, and my middle fingers know it.

>The original x-box hueg controller felt great to me.
Did you ever play Tony hawk's pro skater on that thing?
I did. The one thing that pretty much made my 14 year old self be pretty much 100% sure that that controller was the worst thing ever, was the fact that there was a stand for xbox, with hugecontroller, and THPS3.

>I also like heavy mice.;
And that is preference some share, but not everyone. I like razer deathadder so I guess I like dicks in my butt
>>
>>256710910
>UT FIVE GAMES USE DA TABLET
Literally every important games uses it.

Name some games that don't use it.

Protip You can't because literally all of them use it.
>>
>>256703853
You have to pay extra if you want to play:
ZombiU
LEGO City Undercover
Bamham
Child of Light
Game&Wario
All the levels in 3D World
The new Kirby game
The new Zelda probably
Mario Maker
Captain Toad TT
Strafox probably
Art Academy
NDS VC games
Games with amiibo
probably a lot of other games too
>>
>>256711079
But WW was a fine game without the inventory management on the pad.

It was good yea, but the pad is pretty shit overall.
>>
the thing is shit. zelda is crap and mario games are crap

nitendo 64 seemed to have more intresting games that were not those
>>
>>256708972

>Being a Pissbaby 101

Seriously, what's wrong with the Gamepad?
>>
>>256710357
>a never used function of the triggers, sadly
It's a real shame that so few games actually took advantage of the GC ones.
>>
>>256710879
>Stop being assholes. People like the gamepad and the console was built around it.
That's why it's selling so well huh?
>>
>>256711210
>All the levels in 3D World
I thought the only thing the pad did in 3D World was make it casual mode because you could just tap on any enemy and they would stop moving.
>>
>>256711127
Because Kinnect Barely works, and PSMove is an obvious cash in that sony refused to stick with when it didn't take off like the Wii did.
>>
>>256710741
>Don't break easily

C'mon. Let's not pretend the GC controller was perfect. Besides the fact that I hated it personally, it had a tendency to break within a year or 2 of gameplay by way of the rubber coming off both the sticks(see pic)

That said, I've always liked the SNES controller better. Classic Controller master race
>>
File: coolpoppa.png (180 KB, 200x348) Image search: [Google]
coolpoppa.png
180 KB, 200x348
>>256707510
>Everybody who owns the Wii U is the same person
What is it with you faggots and this generalizing?
>>
>>256711212
It was a better game with it.

So was monster hunter
So was W101
So was all those awful multiplats
So was 3Dworld
So was Pikmin
So was Warriors of Orochi
So was Sonic
So was mario kart
Name a game that wasn't improved by the gamepad.
>>
>>256710090
>Nothing is worse than the 360 controller.
>I like both controllers.
What?
>>
>>256711262
>Can't defend it
>Resort to "MUH SALES!"
WiiU is the second highest selling console this gen.
>>
>>256711205
Cute. The vast majority of games don't use it for anything vital, everyone knows this. And I don't need to play in the pantry with off-screen play even though it's neato.
>>
>>256711464

Yeah, maybe if you are a child who doesn't take care of his shit. I have never worn down the rubber on any analog stick.
>>
>>256711516
Pik 3 wasn't a very good game. I mean it wasn't BAD but it was severely underwhelming. It was designed with the moving groups around at once thing, which could have been done without it.

I haven't played 3D World much, did it have any use whatsoever besides making the game (even) easier?

I'm not saying ax it I'm just saying I don't really like it.

At least it's not the fucking wiimote though.
>>
File: 1403849833252.png (152 KB, 498x405) Image search: [Google]
1403849833252.png
152 KB, 498x405
>>256711464
I've had both of my Gamecube pads for over a decade and both the sticks are in fine condition. One controller's is slightly loose, but not enough so to actually impact gameplay, and I fucking bought that one used.
>>
>>256710980

Yes, like I said earlier, no games really justify having 2 screens beyond "LOL MAP AND INVENTORY!"

Literally all I can think of is TWEWY, Hatsworth, and arguably KI:uprising (which only forces both screens because they were stubborn with their retarded control schemes)

>>256710879
>I DON'T LIKE IT SO NO ONE DOES!

That's not what I said at all retard. You know what, even though I'm almost positive nobody likes stupid shit like "BLOW ON DA SCREEN TO MOVE DA PLATFORM!" bullshit, whatever. If you guys truly do like it then that's your perogative. But for people who don't like that bullshit, it's just intrusive, immersion breaking, and annoying. They could have avoided all of that if they just MADE THE GAMEPAD OPTIONAL, but no. They had to justify forcing every wii u owner to buy the tablet, so now games have retarded minigames that interupt gameplay where we have to look down at our crotches and scribble about. Go ahead and rave about your "TOUCH THE CIRCLE TO MAKE BATMAN HACK DA DOOR" but there is no way you can justify forcing everybody to have to do that just because you apparently like it.
>>
>>256711261

Just off the top of my head, the only one I can think of is Super Mario Sunshine.
>>
>>256711695
It's already been stated that it's used for inventory/shortcuts/information(fighting game inputs)

Which i'd say is pretty fucking handy, opening up an inventory screen to do one fucking thing is tedious in most games
>>
>>256711516
>Name a game that wasn't improved by the gamepad.

Are there even any that don't have remote play as an option? That alone makes it better.
>>
>>256708049
>there's users in the thread that say they like it.

That's what an anecdote is.
>>
>>256706364
>No minimap/race standings in MK8
Just you wait
>>
>>256711626
Big deal, that's probably because the Xbox One is just a huge failure.
>>
>>256710093
Do you have the whole comic?
>>
>>256711695
>The vast majority of games don't use it for anything vital
See>>256711079
>>
>>256711706
It's not even wearing down, it just comes off from usage. The rubber literally peels off like the plastic that protects a new electronic.

Maybe if you played more than 3 games you'd actually experience a flaw with the controller, but suffice to say Luigi's Mansion destroyed that motherfucker if you replayed it too many times/tried to get 100%
>>
>>256703853
Must suck being a poor fag.
>>
>>256711341
All the levels as in completing the game
>>
>>256711464

What the fuck are you talking about?

The rings/ridges/whatever you want to call them are almost completely worn down on my "Player 1" controller (everyone has one, don't lie), but other than that, it's in perfect condition, and I've had it since 2003/4.

Whichever year Kirby Air Ride and/or F-Zero GX came out, because that's what came with my platinum GameCube.

My black one that came with Luigi's Mansion broke when I accidentally spilled the tiniest fucking bit of juice on it ;-;
>>
>>256712037
Then they should give gamers the option of using the pad if they want. Not force it upon people who don't want it.
>>
>>256707510
Most games are playable without it except party games if you really hate it, but it's honestly a great controller. Much comfier than it looks, and playing WWHD for example with the map and inventory available on another screen without having to pause is great.

I would say Nintendo could release a WiiU without the gamepad, but that would encourage devs to just ignore the gamepad altogether and, like another anon said, make it just a shitty PC.
>>
>>256712114
I didn't know any of the levels made you use the pad.
>>
>>256708657
>Your hands are just slightly further apart while everything else is the same as every other current controller.

That's false. There is different spacing between the buttons, your hands grip the controller differently, there's different spacing between the d-pad/buttons and thumbsticks. I wish people would just fucking LOOK at the two controllers instead of spewing this whole, "THEY'RE LITERALLY EXACTLY THE SAME EXCEPT ONE HAS A SCREEN!" They're NOT the same. Whether one is better or worse than the other is preference, but that they are different is objective fact that can be proven with a fucking ruler.
>>
>>256711261
That too is true. Overall analog triggers were untapped potential.
Heck, Analog face buttons were untapped potential of PS2 pad that only Gran Turismo and MGS2/3 used.

>>256711828
Pretty much
>>
>>256711823
>>That's not what I said at all retard.
Yes it is. You don't like it so you're saying other people shouldn't like it.

You're being so big of an asshole to the point you want nintendo to drop it completely so no one can play with it.

Asshole just fuck off.
>>
File: eat your burgers.png (17 KB, 166x137) Image search: [Google]
eat your burgers.png
17 KB, 166x137
>>256703853
>$149.99 asking price
you must belive computer parts grow in trees right
>>
>>256712052

Sorry, pal. I've played my fair share of melee and f-zero gx and my analog sticks are still in pristine condition.
>>
>>256706667
I don't even own a Wii U and only used it a couple of times at a friend's house, but that was enough time to convince me that the majority of people who bitch and whine about the gamepad never used it.
>>
>>256711828
>>256712213

And even then, it'd be pretty easy to kinda replicate it on the Gamepad/Pro Controller.

R for full blast and ZR for move 'n' spray. Was there an in-between? Did the amount of pressure change anything other than whether you were locked in place or able to move while spraying?
>>
>>256711828

Starfox adventures I guess technically used it in the arwing sections to make you spin.
Luigi's mansion used it for poltergust.

>>256711385
And the very existence of the Wii U's gamepad advocates stupid touch screen minigame bullshit. See, they all have subjective downsides. I just wished Nintendo didn't make games where you were FORCED to use the gamepad, then everyone would be happy. People who don't want intrusive minigame shit, and fanboys who lie to themselves that blowing on the gamepad to move platforms is an incredible innovation that sets it apart from other consoles
>>
Backwards compatibility is a hardware thing, not software. It was taken out because it was too expensive, so 149.99 is way out
>>
>>256711823
>Literally all I can think of is TWEWY, Hatsworth, and arguably KI:uprising
So you haven't played any fucking DS games. Great. Get the fuck out you idiot.
>>
>>256711464
That literally happens only if you chew your controllers.
Hey, I chew my arm, but that still isn't normal yo.

You are either vampire or friendly skeleton.

>>256712143
>Player 1 controller
The funny thing is I have one, but I am always giving it first to a friend to use so I take the sloppy seconds. Reverse those gender roles. Break those impossibles. Row the power, as I like to say.
>>
>>256711624
I meant I like both the Pro and the gamepad.
>>
>>256703853
They wont drop the pad. You can't pirate the pad.
>>
>>256712176
>Then they should give gamers the option of using the pad if they want. Not force it upon people who don't want it.
They're not forcing it on anyone.

They're shipping it with the best possible rremote.

There is literally no game that isn't improved by the gamepad.

The only people whining are you fags.
>>
>>256712559

>giving your friend the good controller

You're doing God's work, anon.
>>
>>256703853
But that means they would have to solder the flipper to the Wii U mobo increasing the cost and a new design.
>>
>>256711828
F-Zero GX used them for more fine control in sharp turns.
>>
>>256712443
>Wii U's gamepad advocates stupid touch screen minigame bullshit.
Because W101 is a stupid touchscreen minigame?
Because Pikmin is a stupid touchscreen minigame?

Because Nintendoland's Metroid, F-zero, Pikmin and Luigi's mansion are stupid touchscreen minigames
Because ZombiU is a stupid touchscreen minigame?

Fuck you, OP.
>>
>>256712275

If you read the comment you just replied to, I clearly said "if you like it, then that's your perogative" I just don't want that shit to be mandatory.

I don't care if nintendo keeps doing that shit, just don't force people who don't want that shit to have to do it.

Now what I did say is that people who advocate shit like "blow on the screen to move the platform" is either lying to themselves to defend the wii u, or has the mentality of a three year old who clearly didn't get enough of that gimmicky shit with the DS.

Either way, lrn 2 read, retard
>>
>>256712427

Not him, but while I generally am okay with using the GamePad to play games and even enjoy things like using it as a map or for inventory management on the fly, I still have a lot of complaints about it, mainly dealing with implementation issues such as the GamePad only going to sleep when you turn the console off, so you can have the GamePad at full charge, play for 30 minutes, turn off the console, and come back a day or two later to a dead (or very nearly dead) GamePad when it should have been turned off that whole time.

Before you tell me to leave it on the charger, be aware that can destroy a device's battery life. I just want Nintendo to let me turn the GamePad completely off to preserve battery life without unplugging the battery. I'm very seriously considering modifying my GamePad to have a switch in the back that disconnects the battery from its circuit entirely because I view this as that big of a problem.
>>
>>256712908
>Because Nintendoland's Metroid, F-zero, Pikmin and Luigi's mansion are stupid touchscreen minigames
Yes they literally are.

>Because ZombiU is a stupid touchscreen minigame?
No it's just shit.
>>
>>256712514

Give me some examples that justify having two screens then beyond "LOL DA MAP AND INVENTORY IS NOW LOWER", you fucking simpleton retard.

I said from the very launch of the DS's lifetime, this is probably just going to drive up hardware costs and eat battery life when hardly any games will need more than one screen, and so far I've barely heard any arguments to the contrary.
>>
>>256712968
>I just don't want that shit to be mandatory.
Too bad, the console barely works without it. It's literally the bet remote on the console.

You're just a whiney conservative asshole who doesn't want to change from your generic remote.

It's not like you can't get the Pro controller for cheap. Good luck getting it to work witha lot of games though.
>>
>>256713247
>Yes they literally are.
No they're not. Have you even played them?
>ZombiU is just shit
Yeah, you don't even own a WiiU.
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.