[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>If this game wasn't loved by critics /v/ would be all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: last_of_us_ps411.jpg (47 KB, 605x308) Image search: [Google]
last_of_us_ps411.jpg
47 KB, 605x308
>If this game wasn't loved by critics /v/ would be all over it's dick

You know it's true
>>
>>256646148
Maybe if it had better AI
>>
The only difference would be sonyggers shitposting about how underrated it is instead of shitposting about how amazing it is.
>>
>>256646338
>all that buttmad over an exclusive

Damn
>>
>>256646148
I just wish Sony would stop pushing it. It had its period of relevance a year ago. The bad DLC put it back in the limelight for no reason, and the literal upscale and rehash of it is also quite shameless and pointless.

It feels really artificial for a game to have so much presence for so long. Especially a game as unremarkable as this.
>>
File: 1402592340611.jpg (16 KB, 400x449) Image search: [Google]
1402592340611.jpg
16 KB, 400x449
>>256647760
>that embarrassingly pretentious theater reading
>>
>>256647760
>TLOU
>Unremarkable
pic one fucktard.
>>
You raise a fascinating point OP, but check my 7
>>
>>256647760
>more buttmad never players
>>
>>256647913
how is it in any way remarkable
>>
File: lara croft.jpg (422 KB, 2000x1356) Image search: [Google]
lara croft.jpg
422 KB, 2000x1356
>>256646148
>if it wasn't a PS3/PS4 exclusive /v/ would be all over it's dick

I look forward to The Evil Within coming out this October so I can see /v/'s reaction to a multiplat game that plays exactly the same as The Last of Us
>>
Winter is the best part if the game
The puzzles are Zelda tier stupid, the AI was a straight lie, in game enemies act retarded, so many scripted gameplay sequences for the sake of plot, gameplay is super repetive.
The game is at is best when it throws you in tight spaces of infected and forces you to stealth through it, and winter as a whole. Everything else is super medicore and it looks like a fucking 2010 source game. Super over praised for no fucking reason. Not only that its pretty short and not very challenging until clickers are thrown in the mix, and the AI is so sporadic is just becomes unfair when that happens. Sometimes a clicker will come out of no where and instakill you, other times you can slow walk right in front of it and nothing will happen.
>>
>>256648363
What the fuck are you talking about it plays exactly like RE4 with booby traps
>>
>>256647760
>and the literal upscale and rehash of it is also quite shameless and pointless.

No not really, for a start there are 360 owners who upgraded to PS4.
>>
>>256648963
>plays exactly like Resident Evil 4
>uses The Last of Us stealth/cover system
>throwing bottles to distract enemies
>using The Last of Us sound effects
>using The Last of Us reload animations
>using The Last of Us gun reticles
>using The Last of Us camera zoom when aiming

okay, Anon.
>>
>>256649528
Sony said they were offering a BC service for PS3 games. They could just use that instead.
>>
>>256649528
most 360 owners had PS3s. The console userbase had a large overlap. Early adopters mostly owned previous generation consoles too.
>>
File: 1333159269917.png (281 KB, 468x347) Image search: [Google]
1333159269917.png
281 KB, 468x347
Then why isn't /v/'s favorite game Superman 64?
>>
I honestly didn't like it. I never listen to /v/'s negative opinions, only its positive ones (and even then remain skeptical) but I got it for free and played it. I enjoyed the banter throughout, but the type of game isn't really for me. I loved Jak and Daxter though, but ND hasn't really made anything else I've enjoyed.
>>
>>256649648
What the fuck

Are you legit insane
>>
>>256649648
>>using The Last of Us sound effects
sound libraries, you'll find there were a million games and a million movies and a million tv series that had "the last of us sound effects" in it 20 years before the last of us.

>>using The Last of Us reload animations
turns out there aren't many ways to reload a gun.

>>uses The Last of Us stealth/cover system
games using cover systems? Who would have thought.

>>using The Last of Us gun reticles
tlou invented circle reticules

>>using The Last of Us camera zoom when aiming
gears of war had this like nearly 10 years ago
>>
If critics werent all over this then we would definetly be because the game is great.

Thing is Critics arent just all over it, they are sucking Naughty dog's millionare cock non stop which is why most people hate it, its getting a lot of praise that it doesnt deserve.
>>
It's too mediocre and cinematic all production value no substance to not be loved by critics your point is moot
>>
I never played TLoU last fall when it came out. I just finished it last night on the PS4, and I liked it a lot, but it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread. I know this is because I have grown very jaded by the hype train over the years, and after being burned by games before, I can be critical of them objectively most of the time. Even things I like I can fault where fault is due, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying it. Characters were believable, gameplay could be hit or miss (stealth could either be wonky, or flawless), graphics looked great, (I took tons of screenshots because of it), and it's an overall great package. Then again, I've liked Uncharted and Tomb Raider before it, so I'm not surprised I liked this.

If you want a good comparison, think The Walking Dead meets World War Z.

That said, I get why it won GOTY last year. There wasn't anything I played that came near it in overall execution.

tl;dr worth a play at the least, a buy at the most if you collect or play the MP.
>>
>>256650579
>sound libraries
For guns and most impact sounds, yes. For gameplay-related sound effects and monster noises, hell no.
>turns out there aren't many ways to reload a gun
And, if you'd pay attention at all to either game, you'd notice that Joel reloads his guns a lot differently than Leon. He doesn't flick the bullets out of his revolver, for one.

The point wasn't that TLOU uses completely original assets, because using completely original assets in this day and age is physically impossible. The point is that TLOU plays nothing like RE4.
>>
>>256650528
>>256650579
It's denial as fuck in here.

No, the Last of Us did not invent gun reticles and cover systems and camera zooms when aiming, that's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that the reticles, cover system, and aim zooms are exactly the same as The Last of Us. The camera snaps at the exact same speed and stops at the exact same distance, the character hunches down exactly the same and tiptoes at the exact same speed Joel would. This isn't just a matter of having similar mechanics, it's having the exact same mechanics that control in the exact same manner.
>>
I was pleasantly suprised by the game. But it's no "Citizen Kane of gaming", that's for sure.

It's decent but i found the actual gameplay to be better than story. Never really cared for Ellie, the character building and interaction was minimal and there was really no point where the two characters really felt like they cared that much for eachother.

And that fucking ending, i thought it was a joke. There was really no suspense or anything, just Joel killing everyone to take back is "new" daughter. It's not great storytelling and it's not very interesting.
>>
File: 1405278150078.gif (974 KB, 245x182) Image search: [Google]
1405278150078.gif
974 KB, 245x182
>>256648714
>Repetitive gameplay

Stopped reading. There isnt a game on the planet whose gameplay isn't repetitive.

Every game in existence has a set of gameplay mechanics that are repteated throughout the entirety of the game.

The rest of your post is probably just worthless opinion that can be applied to any game (i wouldn't know cuz i stopped reading).

>Mfw your butthurt over this game's popularity
>>
>>256650773
>>256650596
>>256651489

There, the only rational posts in this thread
>>
>>256651392
I'm sorry, what? RE4 plays nothing like TLOU.
>>
The game is practically made to get good reviews.
>post-apocalypse
>daughter figure
>cinematic experience
>zombies (but they're not actually zombies, they just look and act like them!)
So if it didn't get sucked off by every single reviewer, it'd have to be a vastly different game, which /v/ might either like or dislike.
>>
>>256650249
>Sony said they were offering a BC service for PS3 games.

Yeah, I'm really sure people who've bought an expensive next-gen console want to stream a PS3 game instead of playing an enhanced version from the disk tray.

>>256650375
>most 360 owners had PS3s.

Bollocks, why is "console wars" a thing then?
>>
File: mfw1.png (263 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
mfw1.png
263 KB, 330x319
>mfw TLoU came out and /v/ said it was a movie
>mfw TLoU came out and /v/ said it was a terrible game
>mfw TLoU came out and /v/ said Sony paid for the reviews
>mfw TLoU came out and /v/ said it was SJW shit
>mfw TLoU came out and /v/ said only Sony fanboys were defending the game
>mfw TLoU came out and /v/ said all the TLoU threads were marketing and Sony shill threads
>mfw TLoU came out and /v/ said it would be a flavour of the month game, like Bioshock Infinite
>mfw TLoU came out and /v/ said that nobody would be talking about the game a month from then
>mfw one month passed and there were still multiple TLoU discussion threads on /v/
>mfw /v/ said nobody would be talking about the game in 6 months
>mfw 6 months passed and /v/ was still regularly talking about TLoU
>mfw /v/ said nobody would be talking about this game a year after release
>mfw a year passed and /v/ was still talking about the game
>mfw TLoU became the most anticipated PS4 game of 2014

>mfw I played the game and realised I should never, EVER trust /v/'s opinions on games ever again
>>
>>256646206

AI is fine. Watch second half of this video. Recreates the E3 2012 demo pretty closely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRqk2EbHv1w
>>
File: 1405974340216.png (1018 KB, 600x887) Image search: [Google]
1405974340216.png
1018 KB, 600x887
>>256652725
>why is "console wars" a thing then?
Autism
>>
>>256651392
So, what you're telling us is that TLoU is a RE4 clone? Because The Evil Within is made by the same heads as RE4, and isn't even trying to conceal that it's a more horror-focused spiritual successor to RE4..

For the record, I don't have anything against the game, I just haven't played it yet.
>>
>>256652986
You're either new here or slow to learn.
>>
>>256647760
>rehash of it is also quite shameless and pointless.

How so? It's a definitive version that works out cheaper than buying the PS3 version with DLC so is great for people who never played it, and it makes Sony money.

So how is it pointless?
>>
>not watching this movie on Jewtube
Kek
>>
I'll admit I am still yet to touch the game, mostly because it was $60 for the longest time (only recently dropped to $40), and because there's really nothing particularly intriguing about it.

3rd person shooter in a not-zombie post-apocalyptic scenario featuring a blatant "MUH DAUGHTERU" Ellen Page lookalike. On a superficial level it just seems to scream the video game equivalent of Oscar bait.

Its especially hard to trust any of the praise I hear about it after Bioshock Infinite got its own infinite amount of knob-slobbering all thanks to its own muh daughteru character in Elizabeth.
>>
>>256651862
Nigga you are full of shit. There is a difference between "core elements trough the game" and "repetetive gameplay"
Batman Arkham Asylum throwing multiple "fattie" bosses at you all of which are beaten by "sidestep and then beat em up" is Repetetive gameplay.
While using different fighting styles to beat up the normal thugs in that very same game is just "core gameplay" that varies by the amount of shield or knife guys you get in a fight.

Shit like asassins creed is repetetive having you do EXACTLY the same shit in every single time you get into a new city.
>>
>>256653631

I did forget to mention that the Multiplayer does seem rather interesting though, but I didn't really want to buy it just to try out an MP I might not even end up enjoying.
>>
>>256649648

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA gr8 b8
>>
File: neverEVER.jpg (70 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
neverEVER.jpg
70 KB, 330x319
>>256652986
>mfw /v/tards will never EVER enjoy that masterpiece because they have several autism
>>
ITT - "Every opinion that doesn't match mine is autism!"
>>
>>256652319
I'm not talking about RE4 and TLOU, I'm talking about TLOU and The Evil Within. That's why I said:
>I look forward to The Evil Within coming out this October so I can see /v/'s reaction to a multiplat game that plays exactly the same as The Last of Us

>>256653378
>So, what you're telling us is that TLoU is a RE4 clone?
While they do have some similarities, they're nowhere near as numerous as the similarities between TLOU and The Evil Within.
>>
>>256652986
>/v/ is one person
>>
>>256646148
If it was relatively unknown it would probably be one of those flawed but amazing little hidden gems that everyone should play. But it isn't. To many people this is the absolute pinnacle of games. And it's really not. It's a solid game made in arguably the most derivative genre of modern gaming. It's solid. It's not amazing. And because the story does not compliment the gameplay very effectively it can't elevate it beyond what it is.
>>
The game mechanics have potential but were used too poorly

Having sections like ellie sniping were fuking idiotic due to forcing you to be agressive and loud. Stealth killing people would result in more spawning.

Way too much walking and talking moments that werent just "heres something to do while you get to your destination".

The game focuses on story too much but doesnt involve the player in any way. What i mean by that is something like metal gear would have you do something like changing cards, make you feel like you are so close to accoplishing your goal as you go to get these cards, just to have the rug pulled out from under you showing that "hey you actualy activated metal gear for us, thanks"

Also tacked on multiplayer

Its a 6 out of 10, an average game
>>
>>256653631

The second time I dropped into an area filled with chest high cover, I knew it was all hype. That as well as the AI saw my stupid friendly AI run circles around them and did nothing. And I could shoot a guy and hide behind a box, and they'd all come scrambling for me to beat the shit out of them in a row if I just stayed where I was. And I stood right in front of a guy and he had his gun on me, but literally didn't shoot for 5 seconds because I'm guessing he thought I was behind something, so I threw a brick in his face and laughed.

And so far that is the whole game. Chest high cover areas for "stealth" that is so piss easy I just play with how janky the AI is. But the game looks good when you are walking down corridors, that is true.
>>
>>256653631

The difference between TLoU and Bioshock Infinite is that TLoU is actually a good game.
>>
>>256654098
>And because the story does not compliment the gameplay very effectively

I thought the setting, story and gameplay mechanics matched perfectly.
>>
If critics weren't all over it no one would even think about it

It is bland city
>>
>>256651862
yeah if you look at a game like the w101, you see them switching up the game mechanics a bunch of times, so that the gameplay doesn't feel repetitive or stale.
>>
>>256654051
>While they do have some similarities, they're nowhere near as numerous as the similarities between TLOU and The Evil Within.

Okay, but tEW seems to play EXACTLY like RE4, only the QTEs from RE4 are made slightly more elegant and the moments between action seem to be more atmospheric/tense, so if tEW is closer to tLoU than it is to RE4, then tLoU is a RE4 clone.
>>
File: 1383701771486.png (6 KB, 239x258) Image search: [Google]
1383701771486.png
6 KB, 239x258
>People can't have different opinions

I enjoyed the game but it's still nowhere near as good as critics and players claim it is. It's got nothing to do with people trying to be special little flowers.
>>
File: 1402710399530.png (319 KB, 400x402) Image search: [Google]
1402710399530.png
319 KB, 400x402
>>256652986
>mfw TLoU came out and /v/ said it was a movie
>mfw TLoU is getting a movie
>>
>>256654758
Ironically, those sections are easily my least favorite parts of that game.

>you want action game?? FUKKA U U GET DOGSHIT SHOOT-EM-UP

Those sections felt like incredibly dull, unskippable cutscenes.

I also hated the shit out of the Yoshi's Island transformations. I'd really rather just play the game than some ridiculous mini-game they made in the engine.
>>
nope

you can call me a AAA mainstream dicksucker if you want. i like bioshock infinite, ff13 and other popular triple A games. i love all sorts of games, not just AAA, but AAA games are included in games i enjoy playing. theres always evident flaws but i tend to look past them and enjoy the game

but the last of us is just plain bad. ESPECIALLY the writing, ESPECIALLY the voice acting from the female voice actors.
>>
>>256654263
>Stealth killing people would result in more spawning.
What? Levels had set numbers of enemies. Ellie had one sniping section and it didn't force you to be aggressive and loud.

>Way too much walking and talking moments that werent just "heres something to do while you get to your destination".
Yeah, but that shit's fine when Rockstar does it in Red Dead Redemption or GTAV, right?

Multiplayer wasn't tacked on. It was implemented brilliantly. The amount of customization is crazy, you've got class setups, weapon upgrades, armor upgrades, and really well balanced maps that permit both stealth and run and gun without being a total clusterfuck or totally huge so you never encounter enemies.

And your other complaint is that there weren't enough fetch quests? You literally do have to find keycards in TLOU, and one of them does activate a bloater, but there weren't enough?
>>
Great game, very satisfying.

>>256646148
>If this game wasn't loved by critics /v/ would be all over it's dick
>all over it is dick
Get your shit together, OP.

>>256648352
We're remarking on it.
>>
File: 1400653736930.jpg (124 KB, 565x850) Image search: [Google]
1400653736930.jpg
124 KB, 565x850
>>256653279
What the fuck. This looks great.

>brushes up against closet
>clothes sway
>hanger falls down
>>
File: 1407135279465.jpg (25 KB, 629x403) Image search: [Google]
1407135279465.jpg
25 KB, 629x403
>>256646148
>le /v/ is one person face
This should be ban-worthy

anyway, I'd be over its dick if it wasnt being forced in my fucking face. Fuck off, Naughty Dog, there other, and better, vidya dicks i'd rather be all over
>>
>>256646148
all over it is dick?
>>
posted this in another thread before i saw this one

Was no one else bothered by the 20 year timeskip?

The ending had me really excited, things started going haywire and shit hitting the fan, then

20 years later

I mean shit, by that time he'll have moved on, the guy lived a whole 'nother life after that,

Would have preferred the game take place in the earlier setting, not this bs where evrything is all fucked up and broken down
>>
>>256656115
Takes a long time to kill off most of the human race.

Wouldn't be called "The Last of Us" if we had a population that rivaled todays.
>>
>>256656115
having it take place during that time when the girl died certainly would have been more interesting

but remember to listen to the sad music and look at joels ultra-serious face and his unkempt beard. thats how you know you have a heartfelt, well-written story about real human emotions!
>>
File: 1381176888432.png (1 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1381176888432.png
1 MB, 2000x1333
>>256651862
>Every game in existence has a set of gameplay mechanics that are repteated throughout the entirety of the game.
>He thinks repetitive means it repeats itself
Bein retarded must be hard
>>
>>256656115
You just pegged the pre-sequel, There Were Still Some of Us for a While. Maybe leading up to this game's time period we'll even find out Joel really was Ellie's father, after raping some woman when he was a bandit
>>
>>256654873
>tEW seems to play EXACTLY like RE4
I disagree.

RE4 didn't have:
>rummaging for bottles, which you then throw in an arc shown with a glowing tracer to distract enemies (even the prompt to pick up the bottle is the same as TLOU, a little circle with the silhouette of a bottle tilting in the same direction with the button prompt in the same location)
>crouching, stealth, and a patented waist-high Uncharted cover system
>stealth takedowns wherein you shiv someone in the throat and then gently lower them to the ground, with camera zooms that match TLOU perfectly
>weapon swapping without pausing the game
>crossbows which function exactly the same as TLOU's bow (I'm not saying TLOU invented bows, but seeing the aim guide arc slowly erect itself the longer you hold the fire button functions exactly the same way it did in TLOU)
>explosive wire traps that you avoid by crouching under
>>
>>256646148
Yeah, sure.
>>
File: 1377250921779.jpg (37 KB, 511x341) Image search: [Google]
1377250921779.jpg
37 KB, 511x341
>>256652986
>mfw torrented TLoU for my modded #nogames3
>mfw it's shit just like /v/ said

The multiplayer was alright, but then again it was a carbon copy of the last Womb Raider
>>
>>256646148

The AI would still be shit.
>>
>>256653279
Player vs AI is fine, AI vs AI can be really shitty.

That's the most useful I've seen Ellie in any playthrough I've seen and I've beaten the game 4 times, twice on normal, twice on hard.

But the dam section is pretty suspect to the absolute worst AI, where each time I played through it, one of the dam workers and the attackers would be stood toe to toe shooting each other slowly, missing some shots and not even trying to attack using melee.

Ellie didn't do too much in any of my playthroughs to think that she was a detriment or a bonus to having with me. Which on one side it's fine because you don't want to fail because of an AI character being retarded, but on the flip side it really hampers the whole "you've got to protect her no matter what". It's not as bad as Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite though.

Best parts in this game are undoubtedly the sections where you're completely on your own.
>>
yeah, like /v/ was all over too human dick right?
>>
File: 1396469976062.jpg (75 KB, 817x845) Image search: [Google]
1396469976062.jpg
75 KB, 817x845
>>256657401
>last night
>playing Mario Kart 8
>fail to beat the last cup in the mirror circuit with 1 star
>have to go back and do it again
>kind of steamed but buckle up and do it
>"Okay now I just have t-"
>credits start
>no stop please I don't have a whole lot of time I just want to finish this
>have to sit there and listen to jazzy credits that I can't skip for 5 or 6 minutes while the game rubs my nose in it

I was immediately reminded of Too Human's Valkyrie death bullshit and that made me furious.
>>
>>256656741
Okay, I'm rewatching the extended gameplay footage of tEW, and I think you're right. I don't even think there's the AoE kick attack on headshot from RE4 in tEW.

That said, most of the greentext stuff you've quoted as being similar to tLoU is hardly tLoU-specific. You're still right, though.

Fuck, I wanna play tEW pretty badly.
>>
>>256657397
I found Ellie to be a slight advantage, in some parts I would rely on using her to save a bullet or melee weapon strike. When they grab her, they don't attack you and you can just grab them off of her and do a quick kill take-down.

The most annoying companion was the black kid. Would somehow manage to get in my fucking way every time.

Also, when I would deem my performance unacceptable and want to re-try a small section, I would simply let the enemies kill me. A couple of times, Ellie or Bill or whoever would be too effective in killing my desired killers before I could be killed by those killers trying to kill me before they were themselves killed by my companion AI doing the killing. Killed my chance of a clean re-do.
>>
>>256656115
I wasn't bothered by it, since he pretty much just ends up in one of those Evac centers after that shit with his daughter. I think he mentions this at the start of Autumn?

But I would've liked to have played as him after that happened and before the start of the game.

Even better, I'd like to have played as Ish.
>>
File: Don't make me say it.png (222 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
Don't make me say it.png
222 KB, 330x319
More like if it had a PC release.
>>
>>256653279
You are beyond delusional. The first half showed them being retarded, the second half barely gave them a chance to live before being killed. Even then, the one melee guy runs up to him and just kind of stops and takes a bullet. Then he stood still after knowing there was no ammo, and it took killing the hostage for the guy to respond. The A.I. is terrible. Just admit it. They lied to us. This is not even close to what they demonstrated and then confirmed before the game came out.
>>
>>256654263
>Having sections like ellie sniping were fuking idiotic due to forcing you to be agressive and loud. Stealth killing people would result in more spawning.
Neither of these are true. The sections where Ellie covered you, the most notable example being as you leave the hotel, can be done purely with stealth. And infinite spawning is limited to a select few areas.

>Way too much walking and talking moments that werent just "heres something to do while you get to your destination".
Atmosphere and contrast. I can get how people might not like those, but then you're playing the wrong game if you want 24/7 action. The slower sections offered exploration for items and lore.

>Also tacked on multiplayer
It's the definition of not tacked on. It takes all the gameplay mechanics the single player used, expands on them and puts them into multiplayer, promoting the same slow, stealthy gameplay the single player does. That's exactly how you SHOULD do multiplayer.
>>
>>256658186

yeah he spends 20 years in an evac center I'm sure

I mean the things he does while he was out that first night when he left a note seem more interesting to me than the whole game. When he goes did anyone come in here? I was rooting for zombies to come in through that glass door, instead we get 20 years later.

It sells itself as one thing (zombie survival) and it turns into cover shooter #3431-B

I'm just really pissed off about it, can't belive you guys just gloss over it considering now nitpicky you are over shit
>>
>>256656115
It is amazing to me how many games do this zombie type shit and none of them even try to put at least somewhat of a unique spin on it.
No game has ever taken place in the early period of crisis, it always skips time to when everyone is already dead. I think it'd be better having a zombie game taking place in the early infection, it'd mean there are way more smaller bands of survivors running around, cities would still be under siege instead of just being completely overrun.
>>
>>256658745
>mfw I agree with all of this and think they're all very good points
>mfw people will immediately disregard it because of your name and tripcode
>>
>>256658745
>Tripfag
>Being right about something
Holy shit has this ever happened before?
>>
>>256659318
Only on /mu/.
>>
>copy a movie
>hype it as THE MOST INNOVATIVE "GAME" OF ALL TIME
>keep shitting money on it to make sure nerds get the message
>make a movie based on the game that copied a movie
>"Game of the year 2013"

Crash when?
>>
>>256648352
>how is it in any way remarkable

It's being remarked about in this very thread.
>>
>>256659835
Honestly if this remaster trend keeps selling it will never crash
>>
>>256646148
If people loved wearing shoes /v/ would not wear shoes.
>>
>>256659835
What movie did TLoU copy?

Also, I don't see anyone claiming it to be most innovative of all time, just the "best."
>>
File: 1407334411907.jpg (327 KB, 700x1690) Image search: [Google]
1407334411907.jpg
327 KB, 700x1690
>>256656996
>playing pirated games
>online

pick only one faggot
>>
So I noticed after playing TLoU on both ps3 and ps4 that on the ps4 version that sometimes if you die the as soon as you get the fatal hit the screen turns black. Was this in the ps3 version? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Also the filter of like dirt on lens when looking into the light. Was that also in the ps3 version?
>>
File: I_am_legend.jpg (29 KB, 303x448) Image search: [Google]
I_am_legend.jpg
29 KB, 303x448
>>256660253
Literally the same setting
>>
>>256646148
It's to linear and broken tho
>>
>>256660563
lol ok, I actually thought you had a point or something.
>>
>>256660563
You do realize that movie is the third remake of a movie based on a book right
>>
>>256656115
>Was no one else bothered by the 20 year timeskip?

It was most likely a decision made by ND because they wanted to show off the long term effects of a collapsed civilization and the natural regrowth in huge urban cities so that they can show off huge cities with trees and train tunnels filled with water. You wouldn't be able to see that if the game continued to progress after Sarah got blown the fuck out.
>>
>>256660563
How fucking new are you? That's not even the original version of that movie. Jesus Christ, if you're going to shitpost try to be subtle about it.
>>
>>256646148
I think the MP would be discussed more. Shit is the best multiplayer right now. Small teams against each other (current trend is to be bigger and bigger), focus on team work, slow and methodic (if you run you give away your position and your teams position), heavy balanced of weapons and focus on melee combat.

Not that nitenyearsold will ever stop shitposting about it being a movie, though.
>>
>>256648363
just like /v/ praises 2012 Tomb Raider because it's a multiplat version of Uncharted right?

same could be said about Sony fans praising Destiny after a decade of saying Halo is shit.
>>
>>256654051
>Implies RE4=The Evil Within
>Implies TLOU = The Evil Within
>Implies that RE4 is not TLOU
Get The Fuck Out
>>
>>256646148
OF COURSE

wouldnt make it suddenly good tho
>>
>>256654536
The difference here, is that Bioshock Infinite had gameplay, and an art style, and detail and soundtrack.
Tlou had none of these things. And tlou story is shit too
>>
>>256661072
>current trend is to be bigger and bigger

But Destiny has tiny multiplayer teams and the playerbase shit all over them for being too small. So which is better, big teams or small teams?

Also TLOU multiplayer is the most underrated multiplayer since Mass Effect 3's, another game /v/ hates because it's really popular.
>>
>>256648363
gr8 b8 m8, I r8 it an 8.
>>
>>256660253
Children of Men. WITH ZOMBIES! (so innovative)

Not I am Legend like that retard posted.
>>
>>256660563
if you're going to be retarded at least post the book that invented post apocalyptic zombie settings and not that awful movie.
>>
>>256660889

tunnels filled with water happen in less that 24 hours after the power cuts off, the pumps stop working

trees in cities, dont give a shit about those

long tern effects of a collapsed civilzation, glossed over, not developed at all, no communities shown, no develpment, its as if i just stepped out of vault 101 but no megaton and less people

blurry post apoc landscapes dont count as develpment
>>
>>256661305
>TLOU had zero gameplay. None. Nadda. From start to finish the game is one big long cutscene

This is what shitposting autists actually delude themselves into believing because parroting opinions on /v/ is much easier than playing the games.
>>
>>256661072
>Multiplayer of TLOU
>small teams
>team work
>slow
>heavy balanced weapons
>melee
>stealth

Literally the opposite of fun
>>
>>256651862
>There isnt a game on the planet whose gameplay isn't repetitive

do people actually believe this?
>>
File: 1403297034875.jpg (27 KB, 310x235) Image search: [Google]
1403297034875.jpg
27 KB, 310x235
>>256661561
>Literally the opposite of fun
>"These gameplay mechanics don't appeal to me so I don't find them fun."
>le literally may may
>>
>>256658925
The 20 year timeskip happens because the game isn't about how Joel slaughtered and fled his way to Boston, it's about how he learns to be a selfish monster with a daughter instead of just a selfish monster.

What were you expecting when you saw the demo for TLOU and saw Joel fighting off a large group of armed men? Did you think they were zombies?
>>
>>256661561

Yeah I think you might want to check out the call of duty general. More your style.
>>
>>256655763
The apostrophe 's' added to the end of a proper noun shows ownership of the following subject, i.e. the metaphorical dick. (although here it's only "it" instead of the actual proper noun, the name of the game, but you get the meaning)

Just thought I'd give you some knowledge to take back to school with you in a couple weeks.
>>
>>256656115
This would literally fix TLOU.
Like The walking dead but with realistic infected instead of LE great evil of risen dead XD
>>
>>256661318
I haven't try Destiny yet, but isn't destiny multiplayer PvE? Also I was talking about the trends that the most popular games set, like Battlefield and CoD, where Battlefield is focusing on 32 vs 32 players on consoles, and all that levelution shit of BF4.
>>
File: 1396761458121.png (223 KB, 446x455) Image search: [Google]
1396761458121.png
223 KB, 446x455
>>256661403
>no communities shown
>no development
>it's as if I just stepped out into the Capital Wasteland with less people
>speaking as if any of this applies to TLOU
>>
>>256661769

tell you what, next time give me a 60 year timeskip and just have Joel tell me a story like an audiobook
>>
>>256653279
>melee enemies run at man with gun
>Ellie teleporting around.
>>
>>256661403
>glossed over
did you miss the whole intro sequence after the time skip? You spend like an entire hour walking around in a quarantine zone doing nothing except walking around. I bet you just ran through everything and didn't examine any of the collectables and then you bitch about a lack of development because it wasn't shoved into your face
>>
>>256661983
Sounds cool, I loved World War Z.
>>
>>256661789
No, faggot babby who knows only call of duty, the only fun kind of multiplayer is Arena FPS and alike.
Multiplayer must me intense and fast, not slow shit.
>>
>>256661816

You're wrong though. "It's" (with an apostrophe) is used only as a shorthand for "it is." The possessive pronoun has no apostrophe.

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/its.html

Get educated.
>>
>>256646148
>If this game was on the Wii U /v/ would be all over it's dick
>>
>>256647760
I think it was a solid 7/10, but it got way too much praise.
I know /v/ hates it because it was on a platform they don't own(PS3)Which you probably should buy considering it is the best console of the last generation
Mustards especially.
>>
>>256662090

i can't even tell if you are serious about this
>>
>>256661561
Dude one of the reasons a lot of people like the MP in TLoU is precisely that. There are shit tons of "quick FPS" ala CoD and Battlefield and all its clones, but there aren't that much team bases MP games that are focused in other gameplay mechanics.

And I will say that playing TLoU multiplayer and trowing a smoking bomb and then use the pipe on an enemy is far more gratifying than any kill streak in CoD.
>>
It was a decent game
>>
>>256662219
It's the dark souls defense.

THE STORY WAS IN THE ENVIRONMENT AND IN THE ITEM DESCRIPTIONS I SWEAR
>>
>if this game wasnt utter shit /v/ would like it

>if this game wasnt exclusive almost nobody would give two shits about a 2deep4u zombie game

:O I cracked the code!
>>
>>256661816
That does not apply with 'it.' You only add an apostrophe to 'it' if you mean the contraction "it is", but to convey possession you leave it as simply "its." What a moronic post you just made.
>>
>>256662151
>Multiplayer must me intense and fast, not slow shit.
>He never played MGO

ADD babbies like you who demand "fast shootan fun" for their multiplayer are exactly why the market is currently saturated with FPS garbage like Call of Duty and Battlefield. And don't give me that "I only play Arena shooters I'm such a le oldfag xD" shit, you're a fucking underaged cancerous babby. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>256661403
This post has to be bait, you can't be serious.
>>
>>256658720
>the one melee guy runs up to him and just kind of stops

He stops because Joel is pointing a gun at his friend's head.

>Then he stood still after knowing there was no ammo

Nope, he clearly states the gun is out of ammo and comes at Joel, then Joel pummels him.

> The A.I. is terrible. Just admit it.
Why would I admit to something that isn't true.

>This is not even close to what they demonstrated
The only thing that doesn't happen in that gameplay example that happened in the demo is the hunter searching for shit in a drawer at the start and then the struggle with the shotgun later on.

Everything else is there.

>taking hunters hostage
>melee only enemies stopping when you've got a gun on them or their friends
>enemies begging for their lives after you've meleed them to the ground and then point gun at them
>enemies recognising when you're out of ammo

It's all in there.
>>
>>256661561
The ADHD generation, everyone...
>>
Does anyone get the silent hill vibe from this game? I feel as if sh influenced this game
>>
>>256662181
OP was using "it's" in reference to the title of the game, which everyone could understand, and using the 's to give it possession of the dick.

Putting the apostrophe there is the same thing as putting it like this: The Last of Us's dick.
>>
>>256662381
But in Dark Souls the item descriptions and other things in the game did provide backstory and lore. If you didn't read anything then complained that the game was empty and soulless then you're a fucking faggot.
>>
>>256662181
grammar is subjective
>>
Why's this thread still here?
>>
>>256662151
Does it have to be?
I bet you're sweating bullets during SRPGs and CIV5 MP.
"WHY ISNT AWESOME HAPPENING! BUTTON-->AWESOME!"
Get the fuck outta here, kid.
>>
>>256662573
But adding that apostrophe does not give it possession of the dick, leaving it out would have. We all understood the OP's meaning, but he was grammatically incorrect in adding the apostrophe, just as you are factually incorrect in arguing for its inclusion.
>>
File: 1370985075669.jpg (91 KB, 699x655) Image search: [Google]
1370985075669.jpg
91 KB, 699x655
>>256662151
>the only fun kind of multiplayer is Arena FPS

Could you be any more of a tryhard?
>>
>>256662381
Are you really that ignorant to the idea of a game that builds up lore and gives context to the world through optional recordings and/or text?

Did you play Metroid Prime?
>>
>>256662663
Because when it is a thread to shitpost sony, no ones report them and janitors and mods leave it be, when it is a thread that shit post about glorious Nintendo, every Nintendo fanboy report it and then janitors/mods delete the thread.
>>
>>256662576
The same thing applied to The Last of Us buddy.
>>
>>256662573
>>256662830
Nobody cares about your grammar based dick waving contest, get the fuck out of here.
>>
It was a pretty average game by all accounts. It didn't do anything extraordinary, it didn't push any boundaries.
TLOU just played it safe all the way. The story gets retarded amounts of praise when the story is filled with clichés and rips off better post-apocalyptic fiction like The Road.

It's an average game with an average story.Only reason it gets so much prais is due to the fact that the gaming community and reviewers are fucking plebs who have never read good fiction.
That and they are desperate to get approval from the general public, so they latch onto anything with a superficially deep story. Same thing happened with Bioshock Infinite, although the story there was actually fucking shit, TLOU just manages to be average.
>>
>>256662573

It's incorrect, though, to use an apostrophe in a possessive pronoun. The fact that the pronoun is replacing a common or proper noun (as it always does) changes nothing.

See http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/its.html

Actually read it.

>>256662630

Yeah, you could ignore every rule of the English language at any time, but you'll look uneducated if you do.
>>
Going to play my favorite game Deus Ex

JC arrives at Statue of Liberty, statues head gets blown off, dudes attacking, oh shit this is getting real!

20 year timeskip

Invisible War time

Thats what this game does, it shows you a good game, then gives you a 20 year timeskip and gives you a mediocre (at best) game
>>
>>256662430
I never said i only play arena fps, you cancerous piece of shit, i hate all multiplayer games in general, but fuck i'd rather play a fast paced multiplayer, or a full strategic (red orchestra) than a shit multiplayer for underage fanboys that tries to be both of those things and failing to achieve either.
>>
>>256656753
I see no reason why sonfags wouldn't defend this if it wasn't on the ps4
>>
not really. the reasons it's loved by critics are the reasons I dislike parts of it.
>>
>>256662839
>implying every single opinion that is different from yours is b8
>replying with an anime pic
Go back to your autism filled shithole /a/ and stay there you cancerous fucking faggot
>>
>LE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE CINEMATIX EXPERIENCE
Nobody would have cared it if weren't for the paid reeviews
>>
File: 1404227173670.jpg (3 MB, 1883x2617) Image search: [Google]
1404227173670.jpg
3 MB, 1883x2617
>>256662341
Basically this. PC fags just can't allow the console fags to have anything over them.
>GTA V is console only
>"H-ha like we wanted that shitty game anyway!" they shout as they sign a petition
>GTA V is announced for PC
>"Thanks for beta testing console fags!"
It really is pathetic. Mustards will literally never allow any console to have anything over them, they will kick their feet and say a game that they never played is shit because of X and Y. I play on both PC and console and vastly prefer PC, but TLoU was not a bad game. I'd much rather play it on PC for muh grafix but on PS4 it is playble. You get a buttery smooth sub 60 fps, but it isn't really noticeable, especially to console fags since they don't even know what 60 fps looks like.
>>
>>256663043
>underage fanboys that tries to be both of those things and failing to achieve either.

What are you talking about? Who tries to be underaged? Furthermore, who fails at that? And failing at being a fanboy? You're literally stringing together sentences that don't make sense anymore.

>I never said i only play arena fps,
See >>256662151
>the only fun kind of multiplayer is Arena FPS

Oh okay, I figured out what you're doing. You're just shitposting as hard as you can because /v/ trained you to hate TLOU and you can't stand that there is a thread about it.
>>
>>256662778
>i bet
Don't, you know you lost that bet, sonygger shill
>>
File: 1400168336063.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1400168336063.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>256663029
Nobody has ever done "zombie apocalypse but right at the start" correct. All good zombie movies and games start the gameplay after everything has gone to shit.

Don't like post-apocalypse games taking place after the apocalypse? Deal with it.
>>
File: 1403064500879.png (123 KB, 414x434) Image search: [Google]
1403064500879.png
123 KB, 414x434
>>256650431
You're oversimplifying things. The reason /v/ hates it isn't because critics love it, it's because it has some flaws which /v/ spergs out about which critics almost entirely ignore. Then because critics give it glowing reviews, /v/ gets even more assblasted that their incredibly "refined" taste is almost entirely ignored.

For example,

The Walking Dead: All around a fucking amazing game, but has noticeable flaws in it. Most notably what you do doesn't really change the outcome of the story: you have a hundred different choices but all lead up to the same result, unlike typical VNs.

BioShock Infinite: An incredible achievement in visual effects and design for vidya wrapped in an average FPS. Most notable criticisms are the gaping plotholes and that most enemies are bullet sponges. Critics tend to ignore the fact that BS:I's story doesn't really make any sense, likely due to the admittedly incredible depth of it in the first place. Most anons agree the story was likely butchered at the last minute because Ken Levine is a jackass.
>>
No. No amount of reverse psychology will work.

It was a shit game with an SJW agenda trying to win awards for being some deep, serious effort like some movies intending to be Oscar bait.
>>
File: 1397064643527.jpg (102 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
1397064643527.jpg
102 KB, 600x579
>>256663043
Look at this mad bitch baby crying about the industry not catering to him. Keep it up champ.
>>
>>256663294
>everyone who owns a PC is one person

No, faggot.

Some people wanted GTAV.
Some people did not want GTAV.
>>
File: 1406891491553.png (584 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
1406891491553.png
584 KB, 2048x2048
>>256663176
Have you seen /v/ recently? I once caught myself thinking I accidentally clicked on /a/ when I tried to come here. It's becoming more and more anime filled every day.

And I like it.
>>
>>256646148
It was a fun game. I wouldn't call it perfect though. The ai pissed me off (your followers, not the enemies).

I give it a 8/10
>>
>>256646148

Well, no. It was a genuinely boring game. If it wasn't loved by critics it would be a glorious day for gaming.
>>
File: smug_animeface.png (98 KB, 191x196) Image search: [Google]
smug_animeface.png
98 KB, 191x196
>>256663176
>This buttblasted over anime
This makes me so wet, anon.
>>
>>256663302
>can't read
Let me spoonfeed you this one, the game tries to be gud, but fails
>See >>256662151 (You)
I never said i play them, i said that they have to be like that to be fun.

>>256663387
Fuck you, you first vidya game probably was Uncharted 3.
>>
File: 1406132202564.jpg (35 KB, 326x380) Image search: [Google]
1406132202564.jpg
35 KB, 326x380
>>256663176
>please don't post anime on 4chan, the imageboard based off a Japanese imageboard that has used anime as a staple since it began because I don't like it!
>>
File: 1359437411451.gif (930 KB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1359437411451.gif
930 KB, 448x252
>>256663294
>Red Dead Redemption
Better edit that one out, son.
>>
>>256646148
/v/ hates everything that is remotely popular.
>>
File: 1392705790970.png (65 KB, 249x291) Image search: [Google]
1392705790970.png
65 KB, 249x291
>>256663176
>being mad at anime on and imageboard originally made for the discussion of anime

it gets easier to spot newfags every day.
>>
>>256663374
>Most anons agree the story was likely butchered at the last minute because Ken Levine is a jackass.

Ken Levine has been desperately trying to make the lightening strike twice since Bioshock.
>>
>>256663386
>It was a good game with an emotional, character-driven story trying to entertain and affect players while being a dramatic and serious effort like some movies intending to get emotional responses from viewers. And I'm OK with that. Thank you, ND.
>>
>>256663761
>doesn't even play multiplayer
>thinks he has the authority to tell people what is and isn't fun
>"your first vidya game probably was Uncharted 3"

You talk like a child, I hope you know that. Your first vidya was probably Halo CE.
>>
>>256663386

>being this buttmad

If there was an SJW agenda, I didn't see it.
>>
>>256663508
Yeah, there are so many weebs discussing all these anime games like Metal Gear and Sleeping Dogs and what not, that it seems like /v/ is a japanese board

>>256663619
>>256663814
>>256663763

>implying it was made solely for discussion of anime
>implying anime didn't become irrelevant back in 2005

>>>>>/a/
>>
>>256663386
>SJW agenda

So the SJW boogeyman infected this game too, eh? Explain how.
>>
>>256663814
Doesn't change the fact that /a/ is the most cancerous shithole on all of 4chan

You get better discussion on anime on /v/ as long as it tenuously is related to vidya
>>
>>256663761

Stop posting. Faggot
>>
File: shitting_on_anime_on_4chan.png (72 KB, 145x222) Image search: [Google]
shitting_on_anime_on_4chan.png
72 KB, 145x222
>>256663176
>>
I'm already kinda all over its dick. It's a pretty special little game.

I just wish we could all be all over its dick while still recognizing its flawed, nonetheless.
>>
>>256663386
>like some movies intending to be Oscar bait, but turn out to be shallow pieces of shit praised by plebs

Fixed that for ya, that describes what TLOU is.
>>
>>256646148
Well no shit. When anything gets massive attention it cause people to analyze it more.
Demon's Souls was not that special but it became a sleeper hit due to it's quite appearance.
If it was blared in as the Citizen Kane of gaming most of /v/ would have rolled it's eyes and pick it apart.

That said LoU was a very good game it's just shouldn't be seen as a milestone in gaming.
>>
>>256663294
If it was a movie, I would say is as ok.
But as a game? No. To much cut scenes for me.

It isn't my type of "game".
>>
>>256664152
Read the interviews yourself.
>>
>>256663368

If the game started with old Joel and him having flashbacks I would understand that, but it starts with young Joel, it promises something and then it switches it on you.

In fact at the exact moment the title appears is when the swtich occurs

Like some kind of fucked up magic trick it offers you an awesome intro to what you think will be the game and then it gives you the real game, Joel plodding along corridors (could be anywhere, spaceship, underground, inside the belly of a whale) doest matter in the end. Just to reach the next soulless cutscene.
>>
>>256658925
Try it on grounded mode. I'm almost done with Pittsburgh and have yet to fire a single bullet because I barely have any.
>>
File: 1394340940854.jpg (71 KB, 727x466) Image search: [Google]
1394340940854.jpg
71 KB, 727x466
>>256664085
>anime games
>Metal Gear
>Sleeping Dogs
>Any game that has ANYTHING to do with anything in Asia, be it setting or development team is anime

You're shitposting has gotten out of hand, seriously. You're not even making any sense anymore.
>>
>>256664152
Infected are just people trying to get by like everyone else. And these "healthy" people think they can run the world by "curing" them all while culturally appropriating their animalistic tendencies. Just once it would be nice to have an infected protagonist, though.
>>
>>256663787
>implying
I hope it does come to PC, it is on my top 5 favorite games of all time. Doesn't even come close to Warband though, Warband is and will always be my favorite fucking thing to have ever come out.
>>
>>256663374

The Wanking Dead isn't a game, it's a visual novel.
>>
File: 1359440991415.gif (3 MB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
1359440991415.gif
3 MB, 620x349
>>256664181
I feel like you're talking out of your ass and have never even been to /a/ before.
I feel even more that you're just a huge faggot.
>>
>>256663368
Night of the living dead you stupid fuck
>>
>>256664357

>makes a claim
>gets asked for evidence to support claim
>find it yourself hurr durr

Well done.
>>
>>256664152
Nobody on /v/ even mentioned a SJW agenda until the gaming media started praising the kiss between Ellie and that black chick.
Which is actually SJW bait, the reaction to it is proof enough.

But the base game? Nah, it actually has a cool gay character. Bill is a pretty terrible guy, a very flawed asshole. And he's gay.
>>
>>256663386
>SJW
No, motherfucker. Don't go there. It wasn't SJW until the DLC. It was fucking great up until that point.
Hennig quit after they decided to jump on the SJW train, so did tons of others.
It's the only time I got legitimately disgusted over a cheap cop-out like that in any of their games.
I don't give a shit about Ellie experimenting, but it was a low blow and done only to appeal to the horrible trend that is sweeping video games now.
>>
>>256646148

Not really, I played it, and it was a good game, but it isn't really my thing.
>>
>>256664357
So you have no evidence, then. Okay.
>>
>>256664017
good for you it wasn't
Authority? You are talking out of you ass, it seems i have to spoonfeed you again, i expressed my opinion that's all. You can shut your fucking mouth now and go back to shitty NeoGaf hole you crawled out of.

>>256664393
>implying it isn't
>>256664228
what's wrong with that exactly? What is wrong with shitting on manchild cartoons that make no sense at all?
>>256664226
nice, perception changing argument there anon, keep up the gud work :^)
>>
>>256664509
/a/utist pls go
>>
File: tipping.png (332 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
tipping.png
332 KB, 469x463
>>256664251

>I'm mad because I can't play TLoU so I'll just pretend that it's shit and only plebs like it to feel better about myself
>>
>>256664450
No, TWD is still a video game because it has more traditional adventure-game style interactions.
It doesn't matter that they're piss easy, they're still there.
>>
>>256646148
>game is an 7 or 8 or 9 out if 10
>critics give 10
>/v/ complains its too high.
>if critics give a 6 or lower /v/ will complain it's too low

Damn OP, did you figure that out by yourself? Your mother and I are proud of you son
>>
>>256664578
Who is Hennig?
>>
>>256664353
There are less cutscenes in this game than in most Uncharted games.
An hour out of 15 in total.
The whole 'movie'-aspect of this game is greatly overblown from people who have watched it on youtube.
>>
>>256664374
>it promises something and then it switches it on you
Dude, when have you EVER watched or played a game featuring an apocalypse that focused on the start of the apocalypse? The prologue is designed to show you what kind of person Joel is and the general theme of the plot for the rest of the game. That's what prologues do. LOTS of games have prologues set long before the main part of the game, so I don't see why you're so disappointed.

You even get a timelapse during the intro music sequence that shows you what the world is turning into.

The game wouldn't be very fun at all if all you could do was run and try to live in a refugee camp.
>>
Why do SJW love this game so much when it's obvious that it's a patriarchal pedo fantasy?
>>
>>256664181
please stop, you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>256664690

No you should stop posting, you sound like a massive faggot.

Can't handle the truth?
>>
>>256664748
>Implying I don't own a PS3 and TLOU

I'm actually playing through it for a second time on Survivor. Which isn't exactly a test of skill, but an exercise in frustration.
>>
>>256664819
But there is literally never any sexualization of anything in the game, except for Bill's porn. Not even with Tess and Joel.
>>
File: 1343250279105.jpg (187 KB, 1024x596) Image search: [Google]
1343250279105.jpg
187 KB, 1024x596
>>256664690
Holy shit you're the same anon who was shitposting about arena shooters AND anime? You just gave yourself away as the biggest newfag/faggot in the thread.

>hurr durr anything to do with an Asian company is anime inspired!

You sound like a spoiled child.
>>
>can't move bodies
>good stealth game
'No'
>>
>>256661521
lol, I don't like TLOU, I think its gameplay is pretty sub par.

but hey, continue calling people shitposting autists because they don't like what you like, faggot
>>
>>256664776
Lead writer on Uncharted etc. She wrote Blood Omen etc. Good writer
>>
>>256664519
Good, that's great. Too bad NotL isn't anywhere close to an apocalypse, considering how the movie ends with the zombies being eliminated wholesale and only a few people being killed before the situation is contained by a few mooks with guns.
>>
>>256663374
>The reason /v/ hates it isn't because critics love it
I understand that. OP does not, hence why I asked that question; if OP's claim was true, then /v/ would love Superman 64 because critics hated it.
>>
File: 1405972009277.png (3 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1405972009277.png
3 KB, 500x500
>>256664850
>embarrassment
>on an anonymous imageboard
>mfw that was my first post in the thread
>>
In my opinion the game really is close to a 10/10, in line with the video game review system that is, if games like CoD and AC can consistently pick up 9s then this has to be a 10 for me. It definately has its flaws (which i why in a sensible industry it wouldn't be a 10) but overall its pretty damn good, memorable characters, good story in an overdone yet not perfected setting, good gameplay and great multiplayer.

I think /v/ and other website forums are jaded with quite how many 10/10s the game has recieved and that is completely understandable, but just remember that plenty of games that are not remotely remarkable or memorable are getting high scores year in year out.
>>
>>256665120
That's just one mook-rich area. They don't talk about how the rest of the works is faring.
>>
>>256646148
>Well in the end, it looks like we truly are the Last of Us
Really?
>>
>>256665009

If man+little girl isn't some kind of perverted wish fulfillment then why is it in so many games and movies? You hardly ever see a man with a little boy or a women with a little boy.
>>
>bullet sponge enemies
>good game
>>
>>256664748
>It is impossible for someone to NOT like a game I love. They must be butthurt about not being able to play it!
>>
>>256665065
>lol, I don't like TLOU, I think its gameplay is pretty sub par.

I'm going to assume the previous post I replied to was you as well, because why else would you reply now?

First you say it has no gameplay, then when someone calls you out you say the gameplay it has is sub par and then you call me a faggot.

So you're actually the faggot.
>>
>Fat guy "Eugene" that owes Joel favors
>Says "I used to have a partner"
>Makes it seem like this happened years ago
>Find the partner dead
>Looks like the fight happened last week

The writing is just so bad in this game, or they wrote one thing and programmers did another so many contradictions.
>>
>>256661741
>These gameplay mechanics don't appeal to me so I don't find them fun."

whats wrong with saying that? that's not a meme. jesus fucking Christ, you cant dislike anything on the internet these days without someone calling it a fucking meme.

opinions aren't memes, TLOU is a sub par game to many people, just fucking deal with it.
>>
>>256664541
Spoonfeeding faggots. Go back to Neogaf.
>>
>>256646148
maybe
i got bored when I borrowed it from a friend, it isn't for eveyone I agree
>>
>>256665149
I actually agree with OP though
>>
>>256646338
I stubbed my toe this morning when I came out of the bathroom
Fucking sonyggers
>>
Every TLOU thread is just philistine general
>>
>>256665254
Well, considering how the zombies can be taken out by a few hillbillies with rifles, I'm not willing to believe that the rest of the country has gone ass-up under a tide of shambling retards.
>>
>>256665006
Consider the following, you aren't even playing on the hardest difficulty
>>
>>256646148
>western
>AAA
>cinematic
Literally nothing good can come out of it.
>>
File: 1386891053651.png (270 KB, 652x720) Image search: [Google]
1386891053651.png
270 KB, 652x720
>>256664374
>being disappointed because the prologue was the game you wanted to play and not the actual game
thats a new one

you can play call of duty and pretend it's a early post apocalypse setting, it would be the same thing I think. People killing eachother senselessly while zombies are nowhere to be found.
>>
>>256665467
>le literally may may
>"let's keep using this word because it's fun!"
>>
>>256664851
Which truth? The fact that /v/ is infested with /a/utists, or the truth that i've just been arguing with a Sony Shill on /v/?
>>256665012
>spoiled child
Fuck off, only spoiled children actually watch anime
>shitposting
So, discussing vidya on /v/ is shitposting, but replying with anime pictures isn't? Nonsense

>faggot/newfag
How is hating overrated modern shit and hating the cancer that's killing /v/ a newfaggotry? Again, you are not making sense, please consider killing yourself before posting again.
>>
>>256665272
Father/daughter bond is more of a protective role than father/son.
It resonates more with the target audience in video games(read: young male adults. Fuck off with your 50% female gamers. It's bad statistics)
>>
>>256646148
The gameplay is fucking awful and it's just a zombie game
>>
File: fluffe.jpg (9 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
fluffe.jpg
9 KB, 500x369
>>256665543
k
you are literally austistic
tips menora*
>>
>>256665543
>le may may meme
>let's stick the word "meme" to any mannerism or speech figure
You are retarded and autistic, literally.
>>
>>256665625

So it's a patriarchal things, like I said originally. They're reinforcing the patriarchy by using protective man+little girl tropes. And yet SJW worship it. Makes no sense.
>>
>>256652319
They play fairly similar given TLOU came out 8 years later and many of its differences reflect changes in game design since RE4 came out in 2005.

I like both games and see many similarities between the two. TLOU feels like the game RE5 should have been.
>>
File: 1406274239799.jpg (106 KB, 692x692) Image search: [Google]
1406274239799.jpg
106 KB, 692x692
>>256665569
>shill
>"cancer killing /v/"
>kill yourself
>only spoiled children watch anime
>/a/utists

It's like I'm talking to a personified version of all the buzzwords and may mays /v/ routinely spouts.
>>
>>256665543
>Do I fit in yet guys?
>>
Thanks for unlocking the power of imagination in me, anon.

I can now play any game ever and just pretend.
>>
>>256665337
>I'm going to assume the previous post I replied to was you as well, because why else would you reply now?

im actually not the same anon, I replied because you pulled this out of your ass: "This is what shitposting autists actually delude themselves into believing because parroting opinions on /v/ is much easier than playing the games."

I replied I don't like TLOU's gameplay, and that you should fucking deal with it. but ofcourse, you cant deal with it can you anon?

Faggot
>>
>>256665272
Untrue. Pursuit of Happeeniss, The Road, A Perfect World, El Topo, etc.
>>
>>256664181
>Doesn't change the fact that /a/ is the most cancerous shithole on all of 4chan

This is impossible because /v/ exists.
>>
>>256665569

I'm baffled at how someone can pretend to be THIS retarded on an anonymous imageboard.

Literally kill you are selves
>>
>>256665806
>they play fairly similar
I'm sorry, I don't get it. The only similarities I can recognize are the sexes of the leads, the fact that abnormal zombies exist in the setting, and characters use firearms to fight.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.