[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Xbox finished?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 21
File: 6C7512049-new-image-consoles.jpg (393 KB, 3285x2464) Image search: [Google]
6C7512049-new-image-consoles.jpg
393 KB, 3285x2464
So even before Xbone release there were rumors that Microsoft wants to get rid of it's gaming division. And now when Xbone is not doing well compare to PS4, do you think this will be the last Microsoft's console?
>>
>rumor
>>
>>256300328
well the sales are not rumor
>>
>>256300113
It may be but it doesn't have to.
Xboner, apart from being kinect test bed on large scale, is really flawed by design.
It's fucking stupid.
Company that can control PC gaming with ease, decided to get into 8th gen race and developed a console that hardly differs from a PC. Xbawx hueg and 300RROD were different, kinda - they offered great specs and performance for their price, unlike PC's. In 8th gen it changed.

So what are you getting when buying console?
Worse performance than PC for the same price(with or without kinect - it doesn't matter, you can build borderline PS4 for $400 and boner is somewhat weaker), limited use when compared to PC's, limited library etc...

And you know what's the best? They could've release "windows-boxes" and they'd work just as well as xboner.
When it comes to PC gaming they're monopolists because of dx, so why the fuck aren't they making use out of it?
Azure works on PC. So "cload powah" is here as well.
Kinect could work on PC.
Windows 8/8.1 are completely usable with controller.
Sony wouldn't be able to keep up with the performance race.

This device is perfect example of Ballmer being fucking idiot.
>>
>>256300113
Yeah its practically dead.
>>
The only thing that is dying is the wii u with sales not going as expected even with the mario kart bundle with Nintendo thinking of just sticking to hand helds
>>
>>256301286
i agree, they should have get rid of Kinect and make Xbone more powerful
I hope people who forced and developed Kinect are fired
>>
This is incredibly stupid.
Company don't give a fuck if a console is outselling the other one at the start. The first problem is to make enough money to compensate the cost. And the xone sold more than the 360 in the same arc of time. Added with the fact that the Xbox was sold not at loss,they made the money they needed to be alive.
Now if they want to beat the Sony what they will do? How Sony beat(in terms of selling,in the end it was a failure the PS3) Microsoft in the old gen? Making exclusives.
They added a tons of studios just for that.

In this exact moment if i wanted to buy a console i will go with the Xbone (and WiiU) just for this. They need to sell more and the best way is to do exclusives.

>>256301286
>>256301885
I'm maybe the only one who thinks that the Kinect is a great piece of engineering.Shame they don't know how to make the best out from it.
>>
>>256302179
>if i wanted to buy a console i will go with the Xbone
not fooling anyone mr marketer
>>
>>256302179
>I'm maybe the only one who thinks that the Kinect is a great piece of engineering.Shame they don't know how to make the best out from it.
I also think it but killing Ensemble to push it was fucking retarded idea.

Right now Microsoft is probably doing some billions dollars worth contract with Army or someone, selling them drone camera software.
>>
>>256302318
I always forgot the impossibility to make a discussion here. Why don't give me some point of how much i'm wrong? Or better why would i prefer a Sony console? They are pratically the same now.
But one is making games the other is pushing a system to let you play old games on it for a fee. If i want to play again Demon's Souls i just need 10 seconds to plug the Ps3.

>>256302392
The Kinect always give me the impression that needed some serious hardware and software to make it work good.
The idea i made on this gen of console is: cheaper, that last no more of 5 years and that will give some serious gain to the company.
The 360 was a fucking fine piece of console better than most of the PC when launched. And the PS3 too.
>>
>>256302179
>They added a tons of studios just for that.
What studios?
343? They are shit, they proved it with Halo 4
Forza team? They are mediocre, Forza 5 is okay but not even close to GT5/6
What other first party teams they have?
>>
>>256302993
>But one
>one
yeah fuck off shill
sorry I'm being retarded I know
>>
>>256303970
I'm talking about Ms Osaka, ,Black tusk,Lionhead,Rare without the focus only on Kinect
Sure we don't know what or how they will do,but the creations of studios mean only one thing: they want to produce more exclusives which means they want a better control on the console sector and llast longer.
While Halo 4 was not the best of the franchise it wasn't utterly shit.A bad game tho.That doesn't mean they can't do better.
If a studio is condemned by one game there isn't a developer that is not a shit.
And Forza 4 was so fucking better than GT5. Didn't prove Forza 5 so i will not express my opinion in there.
>>
>>256300826
comparatively it's selling better than the 360. it's been less than a year and people still talk this final console xbox is doomed shit.

sure it isn't selling as well as PS4 but Sony as a company isn't doing well right now. does that mean anything right now, no.

these things don't mean anything until somebody who has internal knowledge of their working says it does.

for right now as it stands microsoft is in this for the long run. they want xbox to sell well and know that it'll be some time before the catch up to the PS4 or even pass it. they're putting up effort and hopefully down the line it'll work for them.

With Halo, Gears, and a few of their other exclusive though we're likely to see boosts in sales every so often.
>>
>>256306024
>With Halo, Gears, and a few of their other exclusive
so sad that the people hyped for the xbone are retards that wet themselves over rehashes. Even Nintendo tries to change the mechanics a bit
>>
>>256306024
Those franchises are worthless now after Bungie left and Epic sold Gears. The target audience is also less likely to return due to franchise fatigue or general disinterest.
>>
It's not 360 was good anyway. The only reason why 360 was successful was because
>It's more powerful than Wii
>It's cheaper than PS3
>>
>>256307609
And it got many good games the first 4 years, everything goes down as Kinect come out and Mattrick become the head of the Xbox devisions.
>>
>>256307609
This so much, Sony shot themselves in the foot, they deserve this
>>
>>256304312
So you know youre shitposting
>>
>>256307856
>replying to shitposting
you are no better
>>
>>256307087
Nintendo are the only company out of the 3 doing anything differently.
>>
>>256301286
So much this, just cross compatible easy to use boxes that run windows with a contorller optimized skin. No more retarded exclusivity between pc and xbox, and consolefriends wouldn't even be able to tell the difference. Everyone could be happy.
>>
File: 1405551711574.jpg (14 KB, 239x209) Image search: [Google]
1405551711574.jpg
14 KB, 239x209
>>256303970
>not even close to GT5/6
>>
File: 4+1=JEW.jpg (55 KB, 369x365) Image search: [Google]
4+1=JEW.jpg
55 KB, 369x365
they just sent the money from the Entertainment division to the Gaming division, dummy

>rumors
oh and you believed the other rumor (by GAF) about Nintendo secretly wanting to get rid of Iwata (after his re-election) and make iOS shit.

dumbass
>>
>>256300113

No chance OP. It's Neogaf FUD again. If you look at what all three companies made last year in gaming. Nintendo made $100 million. Sony lost $70 million. Microsoft made $900 million.

They always bleat "MUH IN THE RED FOREVER" but the problem is the original Xbox was a planned loss that Bill Gates set aside $10 billion for and it lost significantly less. They started off Fresh with the 360 and got that in the black and the Xbone started in the black.

Notice how the shareholders didn't even say a word since launch?

>>256302392

The first wave of Kinect 2.0 for windows sold out instantly. Universities, Research Labs and businesses want that.
>>
>>256300113
Yeah, it's fucked OP. With Satya saying Xbox isn't a core business and Phil Spencer repeating the "cloud-first mobile-first digital life" shit his boss spouts, it wouldn't surprise me if we see Xbox transitioning into a cloud streaming service.
>>
>>256302993
How is it pushing games? Name one worthwhile exclusive that has come out for the console that wasn't one of the launch games.
>>
>this console is dying and this guy is responsible about it. here's the rumor that says so.
every. NintenDOOMED. thread.

fuck off
>>
>>256307609
It was also more powerful than PS3.
PS3 was pure shit, nice CPU used its additional cores as shaders instead of using them for physical calculations etc. because the GPU was shit.
As a result everything ran better on 360
>>
File: RIP AND TEAR.png (108 KB, 283x244) Image search: [Google]
RIP AND TEAR.png
108 KB, 283x244
>>256313516

Not sure you actually got that. He was saying it's not Core like servers and office but still an important part of the company.

I do see them going cloud, mobile and PC gaming in the future though. Despite what /v/ thinks, they make far too much money now to stop gaming. Pull out of hardware or push Steambox style configurations? Sure. That might happen. But they never will pull out of gaming

>There is a chance MS may pull out of consoles and go back to that based era where they were putting out PC Gaming classics like Age Of Empires and Crimson Skies every year.
>>
File: ( ?° ?? ?°).png (3 KB, 224x158) Image search: [Google]
( ?° ?? ?°).png
3 KB, 224x158
>>256312834
>Notice how the shareholders didn't even say a word since launch?
>>
>>256301286
Honestly, the xbox should have been what steam boxes are going to be. They should have unified the xbox/pc gaming market into this thing and make the xbone modular to completely eliminate sony's hardware advantage. This coupled with carefully thought out PR speech the first time they presented it, which has been proven to be the fate deciding moment, could have destroyed sony. But nope, have this retarded weak and overpriced box with a peripheral that amounts to half of its price and we don't know what the fuck we are doing with it instead.
>>
>>256317170
That would have been a good way for Microsoft to use the Xbox to pursue the enthusiast segment of the market in addition to the traditional console market which is why its Valve's strategy. However, giving an OS away for free to gamers and making their gaming platform anything other than a completely locked down device goes against Microsoft's goals. They're not interested in enthusiasts at all which will become more clear when Windows 9 is released they're interested in the casual market that they've always relied on.

If anything the next Xbox will be a tablet that you can optionally hook up to a TV.
>>
File: 1263715101802.jpg (16 KB, 255x352) Image search: [Google]
1263715101802.jpg
16 KB, 255x352
>mfw i watch this thread bumped twice from page 10

Give up OP, No one cares about what you think

>inb4abaitreply
>>
>>256319717
Which is why I carefully laid out "unified the xbox/pc GAMING market". They would still lock it down, but make its hardware modular just like a pc, which means the bone would be future proof and sony would not be able to play the "superior ps4 specs" card which destroyed the bone.
>>
>>256319929
You can't bump your own threads for a long time now you fucking retard.

Also,
>pages
>not using the catalog

Go back to whatever subreddit shithole you came from.
>>
I hope microsoft stops making consoles they just hold technology back and are responsible for DLCs
>>
>>256320017
Making it modular makes it much harder to lock down. That's why Valve with SteamOS isn't even trying to lock things down, you can run it on any hardware you want and then drop to desktop or switch to a terminal and install anything you want on it and use it for whatever. Microsoft on the other hand has switched to SOC solutions and gone as far as embedding chips in epoxy in order to prevent anyone from fiddling with their own hardware.
>>
>>256320528
Of course not. They could just make it modular as in "you can choose hardware pieces from our proprietary selection". Not as in "just pop in whatever graphics cards you feel like just like you do with your pc".
>>
>>256300113
you know Sony is not doing well either?
Winning the console war on 4chan doesnt give them any money.

Unlike with Xbox/MS Sony could disappear alltogether.

The future doesnt look bright for console gamers, maybe Valve will save us.
>>
>>>256300113 (OP)
I wouldn't be surprised if the Steam Machine could actually get into the console/gaming market in it's current state.
>>
>>256320739
That would create significantly more expensive devices though that wouldn't benefit from the commodity advantage of traditional modular hardware, or the volume advantage of SOC based systems like the current Xbox.

As Microsoft have learned there's no way to have your cake and eat it too with a open modular platform that you are also able to exercise total control over. That's why Microsoft are in the consumer space pushing tablets, phones, and consoles that they have complete control over while the only space they're still pushing the more traditional open platform PC is for business. They don't care about PC gaming, and they consider it as a bug that needs to be fixed which is why Windows 9 isn't going to be considered done until Steam will no longer run.
>>
>Microsofts purchase of nokia
>windows b8.1
>xbone
>surface

why cant jewsoft do a single thing right...
>>
I assume they will make one last big push for christmas. Microsoft have no idea how to deal with consumer products, so they could be expecting Halo to sell 30m Xbones or something and think the brand is fine.
>>
File: windows8.jpg (181 KB, 957x554) Image search: [Google]
windows8.jpg
181 KB, 957x554
>xbone is dead
>surface is dead
>windows phone is dead
>windows 8 is dead
>windows rt is dead
>winrt is dead
>metro is dead
>>
>>256322093
>why cant jewsoft do a single thing right...
Their corporate structure is fucked, they have been getting free money from their monopoly for so long that there was no need for them remain competitive at anything.
>>
>>256322093
Because they've been accustomed to doing everything poorly and still being successful. That's why Nadella has refocused the company on trying to do one thing well, its just unfortunate for us that one thing is cloud services for business, and not building the best PC gaming platform possible.

Its just unfortunate that the momentum Windows 7 has will likely hold PC gaming back for at least another six years.
>>
>>256322783
Yet Microsoft still makes billions of dollars each quarter while Sony loses billions each quarter. Go figure.
>>
>>256320961
>being this retarded
>>
>>256323778
If it wasn't for every office,company, gov branch and those windows licenses they would be wiped out. That is the only thing keeping them above water. Yea they're still making money but mainly due to cockblocking the workforce. If everyone went linux/mac ms would be a thing of the past. But they don't want that and the gov/business will never move out of ms windows.
>>
>>256324356
>if it wasn't for their products they wouldn't make any money

you don't say...
>>
>>256300113
>HAHA, TIME FOR SEGA!
>;_;
>>
>>256322093
>>256322783

>Surface Pro 2 impossible to buy last Christmas because it was selling out constantly and they didn't expect the demand
>Surface Pro 3 pre-orders already backlogged
>Surface expected to break even by this Christmas and profit by next year

It's kinda cute how people want to deny reality.
>>
>>256322093
Because ever since old, Billy left, things just haven't been the same.
>>
>>256324079
>being this delusional
>>
>>256324705
>Surface Pro 2 impossible to buy last Christmas because it was selling out constantly and they didn't expect the demand
>Surface Pro 3 pre-orders already backlogged
>Surface expected to break even by this Christmas and profit by next year

Things that never happened general.
>>
>>256323261
>>256323261
To be fair, Nadella's refocusing is all about services and the core software so we might see more improvements on W8/Windows Software, which might not be that bad.

That's why they've been cutting all the stupid media, devices and marketing shit that Ballmer was trying to get into.
>>
>>256325226

http://mashable.com/2013/12/15/microsoft-surface-pro-2-and-surface-2-sold-out-at-many-locations/

http://www.neowin.net/news/surface-2-tablets-are-too-hot-for-retail-still-mostly-sold-out

http://www.businessinsider.com/surface-2-sold-out-2013-12

Things that did happen general :^)
>>
>>256324996
>lying to make a point
Okay lyin king.
>>
>>256325463
I guess it's easy to sell out when there's only 20 manufactured.
>>
File: market failure.jpg (69 KB, 608x488) Image search: [Google]
market failure.jpg
69 KB, 608x488
>>256324705
>>256325463
>I'll troll by claiming a microsoft product isn't shit
Pathetic.
>>
File: a18.png (1 MB, 313x4096) Image search: [Google]
a18.png
1 MB, 313x4096
>>256325551
>>256325639
>>
File: 1399661284858.png (290 KB, 1280x755) Image search: [Google]
1399661284858.png
290 KB, 1280x755
It was actually quite amazing to see how badly winrt and metro flopped. The stench of deprecation hangs heavy in the air.

Microsoft are finally losing the so-called API war.
>>
File: Based Bill.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Based Bill.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>256324906
He is back now tho.Not a big role,but i'm pretty sure is directing everything from the shadow.
The cut, the SKU without Kinect, the games.If i create a big company and then i see my creature beign annihilated by incompetent people,i will go back and start a massacre.
>>
File: 1403661657632.png (46 KB, 344x517) Image search: [Google]
1403661657632.png
46 KB, 344x517
>>256300113
god you fuckers dont know anything about stock holders
only one guy wanted the gaming division gone
now lets ignore that sonygaf was screaming this on the rooftops hoping to build traction as much as possible and look at your average stock holder
they have one goal and one goal only
money for the short term
these guys are old and are all waiting to sell out when their stock hits big
they cant sell out when a company is working long term and the benefits of that long term plan are going to arrive after their dead
microsoft knows this
they're just letting their stock holders vent at meetings, nod, and then leave the room and get back to work
>>
>>256306024
No, it isn't. It only outsold the (supply constrained) 360 launch aligned in November, December, and March. 360 outsold it every other month.
>>
>>256325769
>spending hours drawing a comic just to cover up how buttmad you are
Get a life
>>
>>256325964
We need the Bill/Steve duo together again. Bill can jump over chairs, and Steve can throw them.
>>
File: failed plastic surgery.jpg (765 KB, 2000x1590) Image search: [Google]
failed plastic surgery.jpg
765 KB, 2000x1590
>this is a 10/10 for ms employees
>>
>>256300113
The Xbox one is going up on sales and by this time next year is going to be the leading console. The 32 megabytes of embedded eSRAM is a bit harder to make use of, but allows faster access to the data, once developers get use to it, FPS on the Xbox one is going to be higher and more consistent. The difference in resolution is getting solved with the new SDK, no more processing power being wasted on the Kinect.
Once Dx12 comes out and the cloud gets fully functional, the Xbox one will be the most powerful console.
And don't let me get started with the exclusives.
>>
File: trendy.jpg (84 KB, 725x519) Image search: [Google]
trendy.jpg
84 KB, 725x519
"The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste."
>>
>>256326178
Pratically Mario vs Donkey Kong without the barrels.
>>
>>256300113

I own both the Xbox one and PS4. I much prefer the Xbone over the PS4. I never had a PS3 so I justify having a PS4 by expecting the best of the last generation to be re-relased in HD remakes (so far so good, TLoU Remastered was amazing) or play them on PS Now when it finally makes it way round to the EU.

Most of the faggots in this thread haven't even been near an Xbone so your opinions are about as useful as a chocolate tea pot.

As someone else in this thread has previously mentioned, having one console as the underdog is a good thing for the industry in general. Microsoft will provide incentives to buy an Xbox one and this just means great news for those that already own the system.
>>
File: 1403660340463.jpg (84 KB, 508x504) Image search: [Google]
1403660340463.jpg
84 KB, 508x504
>>256326045
you're trying to explain the board of directors atmosphere for corporations in /v/, a place where half the people dont know the duties of a developer and publisher?
>>
File: surface.jpg (121 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
surface.jpg
121 KB, 640x360
Has anyone attached wheels to their xbone?
>>
File: IMG_1455.jpg (234 KB, 980x735) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1455.jpg
234 KB, 980x735
>>256301286

Oh god this post is so retarded I'm not sure I can even make it through the rest of the thread

>They could've release "windows-boxes" and they'd work just as well as xboner.

that's practically what they did with xbox

>Azure works on PC
You are a fucking retard. Of course it does. I use it every fucking day at work. I also use it with my ipad and my phone and a linux box and with a hacked playstation. It's universal storage and data services, dumbass. Why even point out that it works on PC?

>Worse performance than PC for the same price

that has fuckall to do with anything. The game industry has plenty of examples of lesser hardware having the biggest market share.

>Sony wouldn't be able to keep up with the performance race.

They're a goddamn electronics company. Microsoft is a software company. This is probably the most laughable statement you've made.

>Ballmer being fucking idiot

Sentence structure please. Also, I'm not sure if you're ignorant of just how fuckhuge microsoft is, or if you're ignorant of how business works in general. If you think Ballmer is directly making xbox related decisions other than the most basic "give them some funding" shit, you're insane.

Oh god I wish the kids on /v/ would quit pretending to be business analysts.
>>
File: It's like a dead animal.jpg (183 KB, 1129x1006) Image search: [Google]
It's like a dead animal.jpg
183 KB, 1129x1006
>microsoft/sony/nintendo
>>
>>256300113
>do you think this will be the last Microsoft's console?
Yes, but it will not be dropped like a sack of potato.

This will be the last battle against the PC, and it will be a glorious one, just like Amiga and IBM PS/2 fought the "brandless PC" to the bitter end.

Think Zack's last mission on FF:CC.
>>
>>256326496
meh, I guess. I tried
Im going to go back to doing nothing at work
>>
>>256326780
Your delusional if you think simpletons are going to pick a PC over a carefree box that can play whatever they want so long as the logo matches their system.

Providing simple solutions to problems is the easiest way to make money.
>>
>>256300113
I really don't know but I could see them going either way, the question is who will buy Xbox division though? Console gaming is a horrible business to enter and most companies prolly don't wanna touch with a ten foot pole.
I could see them just sucking it up write Bone off as a fail and get the jump on Sony by releasing a more powerful console before they can.
>>
>japs selling their console in the west for weeb games, yet those weeb games are only released in japan
>>
Am I considered a fanboy if everything in my life I got the superior console with better hardware for instance:

Snes over Genesis
PS1 over N64
PS2 over Gamecube
x360 over ps3
ps4 over xbone
Christy Mack over Mia Malkova
>>
>>256300113

I hope it's either their last console or their next console is something other than "Underpowered Sony Console 3".
>>
File: live_on_this_planet_futurama.gif (309 KB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
live_on_this_planet_futurama.gif
309 KB, 500x265
>>256327464

They won't. Gaming makes millions for them. They will stay as a publisher/developer/distribution service and simply move to PC/Mobile instead.

>YFW None of the newfags remember the GOAT era of MS PC gaming like Age Of Empires, Motocross Madness and Crimson Skies
>>
>>256327636
The first Xbox was way more powerful than the PS2
The 360 had a better GPU than the PS3,while the PS3 had a better CPU(but incapable of using its power)
The PS4 and the X1 are pratically identic.Maybe the Ps4 will have a more stable framerate and some effect,nothing more.

>>256327771
Based Age of Mythology.So tempted to pick up that or Rise of Nations from Steam
>>
>>256300113
no

the xbox has been a moneysink since the start and it's never going to leave because they are using it as R&D (their own words)
>>
>>256301885
but the NSA told them to ship it with a camera!
>>
Neogaf is here again
>>
File: 1401958136261.jpg (17 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1401958136261.jpg
17 KB, 225x225
>>256306024
>it'll be some time before the catch up to the PS4 or even pass it

The 360 couldn't outsell the PS3 last gen and it had a 1 year headstart, a successful launch and superior hardware. I can't see the bone doing that now when it failed at all 3.
>>
>>256300113
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

whatever you say sonygger.
>>
File: intel HD.png (104 KB, 577x359) Image search: [Google]
intel HD.png
104 KB, 577x359
>>256327127
PC is not the 2006 box anymore.
Little by little it got friendlier and friendlier.

Today, any casual can stick a Xbox controller on his laptop and plug it on TV and play steam games, and with the almost exponential performance rise of the intel integrated chips, soon NO COMPUTER will be unable to play games.

4 years from now, any fucking shitty prebuilt Dell laptop will run CoD fast and easily enough to make the consoles irrelevant.
>>
Why did MS and Sony lowball this gen so much power wise? I mean it's not like this stuff is expensive for just a little more they could of increased the power by alot, I mean you'd think they'd at least try to make the thing's capable of the gaming standard of 1080p/60fps with ease.
>>
We all know that microsoft has infite money so why they dont drop the bone price to 1$, wait till playstation goes bankrupt (because everyone will buy bones) and then rise the price to any price they want ?
>>
>>256329036
do you remember how the ps3's/360's first games looked like?
>>
>>256328682
This fact i will never understand. Do you know how much power and bandwidth you need to stream a video? Or a video in HD? It would be so fucking stupid to use the Kinect as a tool to spy people. You would know everytime because everything will be slow,the OS, the multiplayer,the game.
What they can do is using the microphone but even that is petty. The most logical solution is they know everything you do with the console or if you use the browser integrated. But that's will be the same exact thing Sony can do.

>>256329036
They wanted to make money and fast. Neither one of them is selling at loss. The hardware is cheap. The architecture is too similar to a PC so produce game is fast and require less money(this more for the Ps4 than the X1,with the ESRM and chip they put in.) This gen will last 5 year max not 7-8 like the other.
>>
>>256329867
Well, you don't need to stream a FULLHD, 60FPS 1080p video of the room.

just a 160x120 low fps thumbnail until microsoft "doubleclicks to expand" should do.
>>
>>256329867
watch this http://youtu.be/vILAlhwUgIU

Also, kinect is already spying on you. It records data which you can choose not to share with M$ but it still gets recorded anyway, and can be accessed by third parties. (read the ToS)

this isn't the early '00s anymore Big Brother is watching you
>>
xbox one is basically opposite of 360
360 had a major advantage over ps3 because of earlier launch and lower price.
X1 was more expensive (until they removed kinect) and is still only out in 13 countries.

MS management keep saying "so-and-so region is important to us" yet everything they do clearly caters only to US market.
Even offically supported countries doesn't have all the features they get in US.
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/games/xbox-one-missing-features-will-come-to-australia-eventually-20140730-zyieu.html
>>
>>256329715
yeah but the 360/ps3 were nearly as powerful as a gaming pc of the day ps4/bone are woefully outdated in comparison.
>>
>>256329004

I can see your point if they move the power required to play these games away from the system running the application (cloud power).

For games to continue to sell they need to innovate and expand. The biggest and most noticeable advancements are done through hardware.

I doubt gaming will ever plateau for more than 10 years at a time.
>>
>>256331001
Who cares. The 360 was a complete joke compared to the xbox before it. There was no sega or any Japanese influence besides cave. Now the boner had a year delay in japan and people think it still will be successful. There's only 2 important markets for games and it's definitely not europe
>>
>>256329004
75 x shit still equals shit.
>>
Do people really still care about the xbox brand? I've had the 360 since launch, been paying for xbox live gold since I had the thing, and still pay for it, and still buy games and play them on my 360, yet I have literally no interest at all in getting an xboner. There's no fucking games on it worth owning. Anyone who has actually been an xbox owner since the hueg days should know and understand that every franchise worth owning the box for is dead. Halo is dead, Gears is dead, anything else worth mentioning went multiplat or is irrelevant due to being a failed and now dead exclusive (such as Chromehounds). I seriously can't understand why any sane human being would want to buy an Xbone.

And before I get called a sony shill, Bloodborne is the ONLY game on the PS4 that I'm interested in playing and one game isn't worth the purchase. I'm going to become a mustard because there's no reason to buy any "next gen" consoles or any of the "games" on them.
>>
>>256327629
>Christy Mack over Mia Malkova

Thats a though one, the fake ass of Mia is not good enough but I like her, Christy is great too, sure it has better hardware but the Mia has better games
>>
>>256332231
Most people don't actually care THAT much about graphics and innovation, they just want to play the next CoD, and it happens to be on a console they don't have yet.

>>256333867
Its already significantly faster than 360 and PS3.
And if they pull of another 8x, and they look like VERY capable of doing just so, they will put it in pair with the PS4.
>>
>>256329004
This anon knows whats up.

AMD apus are quite capable of gaming and the Intel Iris igp can play CS GO just fine.

Now we just wait until next year Iris is in all laptops and you can forget of nvidia on notebooks.
>>
>>256337969
If you want a Nvidia on the laptop you will still able to get it and crush the intel IGP performance.

But the thing is that will be impossible to "buy a laptop that cant run the most popular games."

Every single soccer mom and casual and macbook user will be able to run games on the shit they bought on K-Mart.
>>
>>256329004

>dat jewchart with not so subtle deceptive suggestion that intel's CPU's are insanely powerful and that if you have one you'll get 75x the graphic performance.

Come on, it's not like the consumer that's most likely to be impressed by the chart will know it's actually related to the godawful intel gpu, the one that is barely on the level of mid end early 2000's video card. Nope. He'll think it's like the "Netburst" making his internet faster.
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.