[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That game you've been dreaming to make, what is it /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: .10.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
.10.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
That game you've been dreaming to make, what is it /v/? Now, this isn't a thread where you think up a cool idea for a game and post it. This is a thread for the people who have had an idea for a game for a while now.

What is your dream game /v/?
And do you plan on pursuing it?
>>
I want to make an SRPG that fixes all my dissapointments from the genre.

I'm still a long way off from ever being able to make it though
>>
>>255839794
An MMO that's basically a sequel to Star Wars Galaxies.

>Player run/controlled economy
>In world housing and player run cities
>Open world space combat
>Less hand holding
>No classes, mix and matchable skills
>Very little instancing.

Shame that even if it got made, the playerbase would be too small to support it.
>>
A fully immersive fantasy wandering adventurer simulator with 3d graphics dorf fortfags pls go.
>>
>>255839794

Max Payne-like game

with dick physics

and boob physics

at the same time

You play a hardboiled Dickgirl Detective
>>
Classic 3D platformer.

I want it to be similar Spyro, specifically. Not a copy, just something that has the same magical feel.

This game has to be made.
>>
>>255839794
I ain't gonna tell you what games I want to make just so you can steal my ideas. Well okay, one is about a cute loli lich that rules over Russia or some shit and she wants to get her phylactery back from the asshole adventurers.
Coincedentally, I'm marathoning the whole King of the Hill series right now., and my god Cotton as a character has changed a lot over the years.
>>
>>255841285
That guy is one crazy motherfucker
>>
>>255839794

Man I have dreams about making a Shining Force style game. I have a bunch of ideas swimming around in my head but I've never really charted them out properly. The few things I'd thought about were:

Support convos a la Fire Emblem, but only for certain unit pairs. The idea is to have anyone be able to support anyone else like in Shining Force 3, but characters who might have some affinity for one another would have conversations.

Special attacks and weapon levels. Once again like SF3. Although maybe having EVERY class have a ranged weapon was too OP. I'd probably limit ranged to bows/lances/magic.

Branching skill trees for each class. There'd only be 2, I wouldn't want it to be too complex. Haven't really thought too much about what the actual differences would be aside from maybe having the archer class have one tree focusing on inflicting status effects and the other on maybe increasing range and crit rate.

I'd only have to make my own engine, art, story and everything else.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
i've been drawing sketches and writing lines of dialogue for this game for two or three years now. it's a time travel puzzle third person shooter where you take control of various characters in the future, the past, and the present, which is 2052. the villian is an incredibly charasmatic leader who orders a nuclear strike on a small desert metropolis, effectively causing radiation to spill out into neighboring cities and towns and states until it engulfs the entire world, and there is no normal people left. the main character is a dude named hannigan lee, who turns out to be a war criminal in the future because he is blamed for the destruction and downfall of every country in the world. there are different timelines, and various different endings, depending on your choices and actions as every other character aswell as hannigan. pic is sketch i did for the box art last year
>>
I just want a fighting game where you can create your own characters and use them online. I know MK armagadon did it, and I enjoyed it, but it was on ps2 and online play was a niche market back then. it was also on the wii but online play on wii just sucked. soul calibur did it as well but it was crap to be honest and quite limited on what you can do. don't get me started on fighter maker cluster fuck, i don't wanna be a programmer just to play a game.

I just want a fighting game that is user friendly where you create your own character with simple to use yet vast amount of preset options for looks and moves plus great online play to give each fight a unique expiriance.
>>
>>255843360
Do this
This is incredible, gamemaker would probably be of use? Did you intend it to be like all pixel-like or like a full fledged AAA game world
>>
>>255843632
Toribash
>>
>>255839794
its a 2D platformer
it has like warping dots and stuff
but its closer to a maze, i guess
i allways drew "levels" on paper when i got bored durring school
>>
>>255844149
Do you still have some of those drawing?
>>
>>255843360
This is probably a good idea but I've heard so much about choices and actions affecting the story in games and having it delivered completely half assed that I scoffed at your idea. I scoff at the idea of branching narrative paths / multiple endings until someone actually fucking delivers.
So far Fallout New Vegas has been the only game to truly deliver this well. Haters, kill yourselves.
>>
War with the mole people
Then after 100 years aliens invade
RTS gameplay.
>>
>>255843817
i intend for it to be a big AAA game, and i don't want it to be all pixel-y and stuff, i want it to be a beautifully designed experience that people will remember for being unique and not for being indie pixel art
>>
Wanted to make a game that goes from 8bit to 16 bit to 32 bit to shitty ps graphics and on...

But then I asked my friends if they would play it...
Then they told me about Evoland...

Why...
>>
Basically, an MMO that isn't about grinding and there are no NPC players and its a full-scale world. Don't think that will be possible, at least not in the hands of human creators. Maybe when we make A.I. that surpass our intelligence, they will be able to make an MMO that will satisfy me.
>>
>>255840865
This.
>>
File: WatercolourFire.jpg (334 KB, 750x485) Image search: [Google]
WatercolourFire.jpg
334 KB, 750x485
I want to make a generic old school RPG, but all in beautiful HD 2D art. Attacks all look like watercolours splashing against canvas.

Its a lot like what Child of Light was going for, but I'd rather have static images than have it animated the way they chose to.
>>
File: eyes 2.png (21 KB, 194x186) Image search: [Google]
eyes 2.png
21 KB, 194x186
>horror game
>pre-rendered backgrounds
>tank controls
>music is mostly ambient noise
>creatures that are more unnerving than horrifying

I once had an REM dream that went like this:

I watched Heather from Silent Hill 3 suddenly getting shoved into what looked like a metal coffin, that started to hiss steam and do weird shit. It started moving around like a rubiks cube and opened. What came out was a 4-legged, fleshy being that was sobbing.

inb4 that group of ms paint pictures of those metal-grafted zombie soldier things.
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 841x797) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 841x797
I remember I've had an idea for a long time...
>start out as an elf, you get to spec in magic involving one of the four elements
>game gives you a tutorial on how to use it to attack enemies
>massive temporal rift out of nowhere, elves are enslaved by futuristic soldiers
>somehow manage to escape, acquire their war-machine type armor
>beat em up style gameplay
>can augment the war machine attacks with your magic, and vice versa
>encase bullets in solid ice
>shield yourself with earth
>increase the output/damage of the missiles with fire
>bend bullets around corners with air
Etc etc etc...

Dunno if I'll ever achieve this dream, since I gave up on game design a long time ago.
If there are any game designers that feel like taking/using this idea, feel free. I just want to see it made someday.
>>
File: 1404423147120.jpg (27 KB, 361x379) Image search: [Google]
1404423147120.jpg
27 KB, 361x379
Why the fuck isn't there an FPS with a custom games system like Halo 3 on PC?

Have I just not heard of it? Where has it been all my life?
>>
>>255846075
>>
File: 0.gif (939 KB, 255x164) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
939 KB, 255x164
>>255846007
okami
>>255846075
>mfw spoiler
>>255846156
Don't give up anon
>>
File: 1373233779810.jpg (43 KB, 255x233) Image search: [Google]
1373233779810.jpg
43 KB, 255x233
a game that combines Thief and Rance
>>
>>255846556
Dafuq is rance
>>
>>255839794
>Alaska
>Player creation
>player can be anything

Life simutator
>>
A game like Dragon's Dogma. I got so happy because that game does so many things my dream game would do. It would be a large and expansive game, with a lot of the stuff DD does, like the way you can grapple epic beasts or use your teammates for specific kinds of techniques. But it would also feature a large variety of situations for battles, like out at sea, you'd be on a ship, but could get knocked off, and you'd have to find wood or something to float on, and this could all happen wnile some lovecraftian nightmare ravishes your ship and tries to kill you. You could drift ashore and be stranded, and you'd be stuck there until you found a way off yourself, like by slapping things together without it being a crafting mechanic, you'd actually have to put things together, not in a menu, and like Scribblenauts, things combined dont magically make another thing, it will be a straight up combination of the things you combined, no bullshit. Party members can also permadeath, so you can either adventure alone, or find new ones on your adventures. It would also be like Way of the Samurai, where there isnt one narrative, you make your own story.
>>
>>255846728
an Ys parody game. Its actually pretty awesome
>>
>>255846496
Okami except not Okami at all. Because Okami is 3D and an action game.

It doesn't help anyone to be reductive, anon.
>>
>>255844519
Play Way of the Samurai mate. The triple AAA market has never done it, but that game delivers
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 650x371) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 650x371
>>255846889
Thats amazing
>>
>>255846889
Also, the combat would be similar to devil may cry, with directional based combat and you get rewarded for being badass. The game wont be easy at all either, you fuckingnfight for your right to adventure
>>
>>255839794
>space ship creator
>dogfight battle system
>ship custom like armored core
>FTL management like
>full 4k definition with space vistas
>>
>>255847571
I think we have enough of those anon. Just look at greenlight
>>
>>255847870
I forgot to mention players are dinasours...
>>
>>255848102
>b-b-but muh dinos
And it's still the same shit as the other ones
>>
File: 1362718883571.jpg (61 KB, 784x522) Image search: [Google]
1362718883571.jpg
61 KB, 784x522
There's this game I've had thought about for a while which would be a rpg in the same asthetics of tales of destiny remake sprites with a combat system somewhat similar to it or mixed with stealth elements.
There would be no mana involved, it would be somewhat similar to secret of evermore how they use materials instead of magic to use strong elemental attacks, whatever it may be.
Still alot of thinking and planning to do so far,

Also started practicing C++ and drawing everyday so far so i can develop and make the assets, even thought there's already programs to make games, I want to go and also develop its own engine for it. gonna start very small at first but i don't really know if i'm making enough progress during my practices.
>>
>>255847870
>>255848424
Stop shitting on his dream game dude. We all have our own, he's entitled to his.
>>
I've had this idea for a while and it's basically the game I think I would like to play the most.

Basically a game about Asymmetrical Warfare.

It'd be a kind of open world FPS like Planetside 2 I guess(but not shitty).

Story background: Most countries on earth sign a radical environmental control pact, including the US, and actually begin following through on it for once. A number of rich American chemical companies are angry that this hugely cuts into their profits, so they work together and come up with a plan. They pay off the corrupt government of a small fictional South American country that never signed the pact, and set up a shitload of chemical plants which take full advantage of the lack of worker's rights and environmental controls. After a decade or so of ruining everything, a rebel group forms aiming to push them out of the country and overthrow the corrupt government. The corporate group hires a PMC to deal with them.

One team is the PMC. They have the best vehicles, the best equipment, the best weapons, actual combat training, military aircraft, etc. Players choose classes from your standard FPS fare: Heavy weapons, snipers, etc. per life. However, they also have a limited supply of money: lose too much money and the corporations pull out because it's costing more money than it would to just make this shit in the US. The PMC team has a cumulative money bank which every player can draw a certain amount out of each day based on their rank, and they gain a certain amount of money each day. Other things can also suck money out of their pool: allowing Factories belonging to the Corps to get destroyed, killing civilian NPCs, and allowing shipments of chemicals or raw materials to be intercepted all sucks money out of their pool. If it hits zero they're done. To keep things rolling they need to protect the highly visible and vulnerable Corporate factories and convoys.

continued
>>
You're in control of a futuristic midget submarine, on a search and rescue mission on an alien sea planet to investigate the disapperance of an underwater colony

This means that you must explore the sea a lot. You have a flashlight with adjustable brightness but a stronger light will attract stronger and bigger fish/alien-fish.

What you bring with you during EVA will affect your speed and survivability. They can be upgraded but stronger gear slows you down.

When you're in your submarine you're invulnerable to most enemies. You also have to micromanage your oxygen, fuel and food
>>
>>255848641
You're entitled to know that his idea is retarded and utter shit. Yes, I know that you're just pretending to be someone else because you're too embarrassed to defend your own shitty game idea on an anonymouse image board. Go cry me a fucking river.
>>
Etrian Odyssey for the PC with mod tools.
>>
>>255839794
I want a game like Doom but it works like a file explorer and you can kill viruses and shit on your computer.
>>
>>255848660
Should totally make it
>>
>>255839794
A game that is similar in gameplay to Star Wars Galactic Battlefront but bigger.
>>
>>255848909
Im actually >>255846889
Stop being a shithead. It doesnt fucking matter if you lkke his idea or not. Its not interferingnwith your ability to enjoy what you enjoy. Theres plenty of other threads for you to be in, but you choose the one made for hopes and dreams, fuck off.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 202x261) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 202x261
>>255849121
>and is also an anti-virus
>>
>>255849121
I want something similar to this, a game that generates dungeons, levels, towns, heck a whole world from a file directory.
>>
>>255849121
Coded Arms is sort of like that
>>
File: Ultimate Budokai (3).jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate Budokai (3).jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>255839794
>>
>>255849323
...holy shit. It'd keep grandma entertained AND virus free.

Fucking win-win
>>
>>255848660
The other team are Rebels. Rebels work very differently. They have shitty vehicles, shitty equipment, and shitty weapons. Every rebel has his own personal money supply, which can be pooled between players, but there is no bank. The only way players can earn money is to steal it from PMC facilities and convoys. Rebels can spend money on things like soviet surplus weapons, cropdusters, pick up trucks, that kind of thing. The rebels have 3 classes: Saboteurs, Technicians, and Combatants. Technicians cost money to spawn as. Technicians are the only rebels that can drive vehicles other than basic cars and trucks and the only rebels who can use or open PMC vehicles at all, and can disable weapon locks on PMC weapons. They're quite expensive to spawn as though.

Saboteurs are disguised as any of the random civ NPCs that PMC guys aren't supposed to shoot. They can get small pistols, bombs, improvised melee weapons, that kind of thing. They're main goal is to sabotage things by sneaking around and fucking shit up and stealing things. If they aren't carrying any weapons and they aren't close to a Factory or Convoy, or a more obvious rebel soldier, killing them counts as killing a civilian. Saboteurs are bad at actual fighting, but can backstab with melee weapons. If they pick up a non-concealable weapon they become Combatants.

Combatants are actual soldiers. They're obvious and wear bandanas/facemasks around their heads. They get actual rifles and weapons, although not very good. They're for actual, upfront fighting and assaults, although they still need to be clever to overwhelm the PMC advantage.

The rebels have secret tunnel bases out in the woods which is the only place they can spawn and buy equipment and such, and lose when all of them are destroyed/captured.

The goal here is for the rebels to deplete the PMC's money supply by stealing/destroying important equipment by using guerrilla tactics, while the PMC tries to defend it all and track the rebels down
>>
File: Kame House Pixel Art Expanded.jpg (524 KB, 1647x1135) Image search: [Google]
Kame House Pixel Art Expanded.jpg
524 KB, 1647x1135
>>255849609
I made one asset for it if you can call it that.
>>
My dream game is Avatar: The Last Airbender meets Mount and Blade with inFamous combat plus a touch of grand strategy.

Will I pursue it? Hell no. I don't have the resources nor the patience. Still, if there are any Warband modders out there it would be pretty fucking awesome if you did something like this.
>>
>>255839794
>>>/vg/agdg/
>>
>>255849323
Want to be Virus free? Grab your BFG!
>>
I'd make a dbz fighting game that isn't shit.
>>
>>255850135
way ahead of you m8
>>255849609
>>
>>255848660
>>255849960
Sounds fun.
>>
>>255850135
I would pay you to make it so everyone has that stupid over the shoulder kick from that one on gamecube.
>>
I actually have a couple of ideas

One would be an Aztec themed arcade beat 'em up. You get to choose 2 weapons from maybe 8-10. Each has it's own reach, special attack, etc.
The special attacks use up your mana, and the only way to regain it is to bathe in the blood of your enemies, so high speed, high risk combat is encouraged.

Also, you only take 2-3 hits tops, and armour is rare, and lasts maybe 3 hits, so you need to git gud
>>
>itt: nodevs
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 216x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 216x500
>>255848641
Thanks anon for defending my dream.
May the pussy persuit be abundant and prosperous.
>>
>>255849296
WAHH YOU SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO TELL SOMEONE THEIR IDEA IS SHIT CAUSE IT MIGHT HURT THEIR FEELINGS
Not even who you're talking to, suck my dick.
>>
>>255850938
Your welcome anon. No one's dream should be shat on.
>>
Dynasty warriors mixed with souls series. Large battles in a medievel fantasy styles. Combat mechanics if dark souls but more fluid with combos for different weapons. Instead of just grunts and officers there could be large beasts too, kinda like dark souls bosses. Maybe have like fortresses to deffend/ siege at stratiegic points throughout the map or where your kings chill. Mite b cool
>>
>>255850458
>best one in this thread
>>
I had an idea for a video game:

You play as mario, sonic, megaman, or pacman and you must fight off waves of popular nintendo characters as well as occasional characters from other video game franchises. You defeat opponets by finishing them off by throwing them off a cliff or knocking them into space or whatnot. You have a wide variety of weapons and items available to you that you can use. Multiplayer is a big thing as well.

the game is made in unity and the story mode revolves around you collecting eight pages.[/sppoiler]
>>
>>255851421
>you defeat opponets by finishing them off by throwing them off a cliff or knocking them into space or whatnot
That sounds like smash bros
>>
>>255849960
oh, and one more thing: every rebel base would contain 3 big items: say, a map, a radio, and briefcase. They would be large and whoever was carrying them on foot would have their hands full. When capturing a rebel base, the PMC would have to get their hands on 1 of these items. If they grab any one of them and destroy it, the rebel base is destroyed. But if all 3 of them make it out in rebel hands they can be brought back together in the same spot to build another rebel base for a certain fee.

This is so that if the rebels hear that the PMC knows where they are and are coming, they can scatter and regroup later
>>
>>255851237
I think DS and DW are very very "meh" games, but this idea would be awesome.
>>
>>255851834
rtfs its not the same!!
>>
File: 1402548708039.jpg (82 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1402548708039.jpg
82 KB, 720x540
I used to sit in school and come up with game ideas and sometimes when I'm eating a meal I'll come up with something but they're mostly ideas to expand upon games that already exist.

GTA set in San Fierro and a satirical re-imagining of Tokyo with a neo-80's theme and soundtrack.

You have a mental health status that changes slowly based on the shit you do.

Gameplay, atmosphere and missions change depending on what your mental health status is.

I have a lot more ideas about how it all works but I felt pretty autistic typing this out so I'll stop.
>>
>>255839794
I've always wanted to make an action RPG. Unfortunately I only ever wrote down the plot and dialogue so it just seems like a shitty novel at this point
>>
>>255852001
You're posting anonamously nobody is going to fucking make fun of you you stupid faggot
Great idea anyways
>unsound mentality ending
>you kill your family
>>
It's a game called Mullican Manor. The story is that the wealthy owner of the lovely Mullican estate, McKinley Mullican , recently had a heart attack and died. Before his death, you, the main character, were great friends with Mullican, and he left you all his inheritance in his will. The only problem is, In order to prove it, you need a physical copy of the will, and the will is in a briefcase on the top floor of the manor, so you need to retrieve it from there. This is problematic, because the mansion is cursed. No "rumors of a curse", no "legend of a curse", it's just a widely known FACT that the mansion is cursed.

In this action RPG, you explore the mansion in an attempt to make it to the top floor and retrieve the will, running into many strange and formidable enemies, solving many perplexing puzzles, and seeing a bunch of stuff that just ain't natural. Can you solve the mystery of the manor and escape with the will? Only one way to find out!

Me and some other guy are working on this game together, I'm doing the music and basically coming up with all the ideas, and he's doing the programming. He's gonna give me the physics engine he's been working on for the game, and so far I've made some boss concepts and the placeholder graphics for the first room. Should I post?
>>
Game mechanic idea:

This is a new spin on spellcasting. Instead of just having an MP pool with spells costing a set MP, you have both a total MP pool (and possibly your HP as well) and another pool that determines how much MP you can use at one time. Spells have a minimum MP that needs to be met, so some spells can't even be used until your secondary MP pool is big enough. The real twist is that you can put more than the minimum MP into spells to make them more powerful.

So say a fireball has a minimum MP price of 10. You could just spend 10 MP, or you could spend 50 MP and make it really powerful. I'm not sure how exactly the spells would scale; whether it would be linear or something else, that part depends on a bunch of other factors.

If you're having trouble understanding this, think about it this way: It's kind of like a pool and a bucket. Your total MP is a pool, that all the MP you have until you level up or do something else. The other thing is the bucket, that determines how much MP you can take out of your pool at one time.
>>
>>255852613
HOLY SHIT AN ACTUAL DEV FINALLY THIS THREAD ISN'T SHIT ANYMORE
Post it faggot you got me excited
>>
>>255852947
I'll be posting some of the boss concepts then
>>
File: 1343419460453.jpg (23 KB, 414x425) Image search: [Google]
1343419460453.jpg
23 KB, 414x425
>>255849323
and its also a virus
>>
>>255852740
I don't think this is reletively new. Doesn't fire emblem have fire, archfire, etc?
>>
>>255853446
I'm not talking about Fire 1, Fire 2 bullshit. I'm saying you just have Fire and you can make it as powerful or as weak as you want. You can put 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, ....50,...100...200 MP into it.
>>
Some sort of action adventure game set in a shitty sci fi city.

Main characters are a war vet and a labor droid turned hired guns. Or cops. I don't really know.

I was thinking maybe a buddy cop adventure game would be pretty great.
>>
>>255853667
>put 999 MP into some random status effect
If the entire world isn't paralyzed for a shitton of turns I will be disapointed
>>
File: my dream vidya.png (3 MB, 1377x1668) Image search: [Google]
my dream vidya.png
3 MB, 1377x1668
>>255839794
>>
>>255853667
Great idea but i would worry that many of the bosses in the game would be a pushover, just using a 100 mp fire attack
>>
>>255852613
sounds pretty shit. why not just use a helicoptor and fly to the top of the manor, swat team it up going down into it, and then get the stuff you need?
>>
>>255853956
IWBTG?
>>
>>255853158
Are you dead?
>>
Trying to figure out how to add RPG progression to a grid-based tactics game without it totally undermining the tactical part, which it seems like most SRPGs do.
>>
>>255854047
Because nobody believes that you, a lowly salaryman, were ever friends with the great and wealthy McKinley Mullican. Getting an entire SWAT team to help you? Out of the question.
>>
>>255854104
Why didnt you spoiler this? WHY DIDNT YOU SPOILER THIS!?

now i can NEVER make the game. WAY TO GO.
>>
>>255854104
Ignore this faggot >>255854313

No, you are not dead, it's McKinley Mullican who is dead.
>>
>>255854259
shit game. lowly salaryman could just put both his hands on his asscheeks, slide up the set of stairs in the apartment he lives in, teleport into the room with the briefcase, pick it up, die, respawn at home and then win the game
>>
>>255853816
Op here
I had sort of the same idea
My idea is megaman but with a cop and robotmasters representing different crimes.
Like a theif with a stage in a large warehouse walking on valuable stolen portraits/pottery/money etc
>>
>>255854385
youre a fucking faggot and a nodev and your art sucks
>>
My dream game has been an open world mutliplayer RPG that focuses more on being a world than a theme park. It's simple, but it's something I could sink hundreds of hours into. entering alpha in about a month.
>>
>>255854551
It's just concept art, but if you say so. I was gonna dump more of the bosses.
>>
>>255839794
i used to come up with ideas while i was mowing the lawn because thats how i spent most of my youth
i had one idea for a mecha lawn mowing game
i wrote down some bullet points of the basic idea

in the future climate change or radiation causes lawns to grow out of control
the grass has hyper evolved to the point where it spawns man-eating plants and other measures to defend itself from being cut by conventional means

which is why mankind developed combat equipped mecha lawn mowers
tons of ways to customize your lawn mowing mechs with new parts
lead a squadron of mecha lawnmower pilots

main character as a young lad loses his family and home to out of control lawn
he wanders around and eventually finds an old push mower, takes him years to mow his way out
by the time he escaped he's a hotblooded grizzled man
i think i wanted to have him end up saving the world with the old beat up push mower

one of the bullet points I wrote down is
"conspiracy, some people side with the grass"
i have no idea what i meant by that but it sounds kind of hilarious
>>
>>255854313
Cmon more concept art
>>255854104
Im that guy just to let ya know
>>
>>255853956
You have terrible taste
>>
>>255854673
>was
well good, dont. you fucking suck and I hate you and I hope you get herpy
>>
>>255840727

>You play a hardboiled Dickgirl Detective

I'd play that.
>>
>>255854731
Sure thing.

As you can probably tell, I'm trying to put a lot of detail into the lives of these characters. The game is more lore-driven than story-driven.
>>
>>255853956
Congrats, you made a green juice.
>>
>>255853968
There would be a lot of kinks to work out, I think making your total MP your HP as well would probably balance things.
>>
File: The Beekeeper.png (100 KB, 836x1122) Image search: [Google]
The Beekeeper.png
100 KB, 836x1122
>>255854862
>>
I want to make a game where you're a girl stuck naked in a school/town and have to avoid being seen while dealing with your ever increasing horniness.
>>
>>255854972
>as seen on furaffinity.net
>>
>>255854972

>>255855054
What the-

Oh. God dammit. I'll never look ay him the same way again.
>>
>>255854972
So what platforms? Please release on steam.
>>255854862
>doesn't execute himself
Am dissapoint
>>
i want to see a first person shooter where if you take damage you actually respond to it. getting shot in the arm will even make you drop your gun or whatnot. Best part is? You don't respawn.
>>
>>255855171
It's gonna be on steam, don't worry.

Here's my personal favorite boss.
>>
Check it out a Job simulator you don't have to do any of the work. You simply choose how to portray yourself doing the work for the most beneficial social gain.

Coworker is sad-> work quietly or console them?
Customer is angry-> act ignorant, flippant or empathetic?
Etc.
>>
>>255850458
sounds like a pretty simple M&B mod

not that that's a bad thing, pretty much all my ideas are some kind of M&B mod
>>
durr durr durrr
>>
>>255854862
please post more
>>
>>255855280
So you're not the programming guy, but how far along are you? Is it somewhat playable or still in the early stages?
>>
there was a thread a few days ago about subterranean settings in games, and some got to talking about a scuba diving/caving horror game. it sure wet my whistle.
>>
>>255855505
Early stages. I've had the idea for a while, but we've just started working on it two days ago.

He just gave me the physics engine he's been working on, though. That's right: it's happening. Once i play it, I'll report back.
>>
>>255855280
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CuJRI15as8
>>
Call me a shitter, but one of my favorite moments in videogames was the suicide mission from mass effect 2. I went in blind and I liked the idea of a mission where you could very easily lose a comrade to the unknown due to their own or someone else's failure.

I would love to make a game where those kind of missions (as well as allies) can be generated constantly from a huge database. I could seriously sit contentedly and play through mission after mission of the unknown and trying to strategize how to best use my comrades.

>also if anyone knows a game with extensive parts similar to the suicide mission from me2 please share.
>>
A cyberpunk vampire hack-and-slash.

What do you think, guys?
>>
File: fallout mag.jpg (196 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
fallout mag.jpg
196 KB, 1280x800
>>255855220
>>
I sure hope you people have a plan to actually make the damn thing.
>>
>>255855670
Yeah, that's basically what i had in mind.
>>
An action game where you have the ability to literally see what your opponent(s) will do in a few seconds in the form of colored (say, blue) afterimages. Of course it'll have some kind of limit though, and I still need to find ways to make it extremely useful during boss fights.

I've thought of a boss that makes you almost, if not completely blind.
So your only way of defeating the boss, assuming you're not some kind of god at playing this game, is to use the afterimage ability. You'll still be able to see them as blue afterimages even though it's completely dark.
>>
>>255855280
Oh my i love the tiny villians. He better have an obnoxious squeal voice
So who's doing the music? If you don't have a guy yet i recommend danny b. i dont think hes working on anything right now. Made smb and boi music. Gid tier
>>
Dorf fort with next gen 3d graphics.
Thats really all I ask.
Maybe firearms and vehicles too. I'd also ask for firearms to be involved for sure.
>>
Don't post your ideas ITT, I've posted ideas in similar threads only to find theme later ripped off from mev and made into real games
>>
what about an RPG where you must defeat the Evil Star by fighting with your might and friendship?

You have a FRIENDSHIP METER that grows whenever you and any of your online buddies do things that are AWESOME together, like winning a round of BEJEWELLED or DONATING BLOOD TO RED CROSS

when your FRIENDSHIP METER is high enough you can power up your friends to activate TRUE BRO MODE and then you deal a billion hits to the final bossed and he goes KABLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM KAPLOWIE BOOM BANG BOMB PLOWOWOW
>>
>>255839794
Easy, wanted to make my own fighting game with a cool cast of characters.

>A gambler whose last bet was all of his blood; He now roams the world as a Jiang-Shi seeking rest, lives off his gambling talents. (Rekka-style character that multiple enders for his rekkas, each ender gets you a different roll. Odds, evens, and a 3rd for damage/hard knockdown- If you have an odd and even roll stocked your next rekka series has a special effect. (1 odd roll and 1 even roll always add up to 7 for a "lucky")

>A middle-aged man whose a botanist by trade, but uses boxing for fights. Not sure how I want his playstyle, thinking similar to Freed from Battle Fantasia. (Cliche searching for assumed dead wife/kid kind of background)

>Reverse-trap ronin character with a heavy empasis on her sword mechanics. (You hold ABCD after a command to switch to sword stance and each button has a different swipe sort of like Johnny's Mist Finers)

>An old wizard who seeks nothing but power (Uses teleports to extend combos and mix-up opponents, but his teleports only work when you make contact with a fireball. So you have to have the fireball hit or be blocked and then you can teleport to it instantly to apply pressure)

>A huge hulking warrior that's like a light grappler- wields a halberd. (Uses charge motions, hits hard but is slow; Can grapple when in close to keep him scary and can use grapples to re-stand in combos for extensions)

>etc.

Story sort of has a Soul Calibur vibe with a homunculus that changes forms every year but grants you 1 wish no matter what it be- Should you find it.

Probably sounds dumb I know, but I fucking love fighting games so much that I want to make one really fucking bad.
>>
>>255855878
Sue.
>>
>>255855667
Two days in. Oh boy, good luck. I'm >>255854564
and nine months in. It's going to be long and rough, and the game that gets made might not be what you have in mind right now. Good luck on the early parts, once things start chugging it's worth the grind of getting the baseline stuff in.
>>
File: 1357855166595.jpg (641 KB, 1594x2125) Image search: [Google]
1357855166595.jpg
641 KB, 1594x2125
>>255839794
I post this every time I run into one of these thread so here you go:

A sandbox game built around you and a group of people getting together to build a base for yourselves. The game is a FPS MMO where you and friends go and create a base for yourselves on plots of land, with extremely in depth base creation tools. Other players have to compete for land to build their bases, so they come to the base youve built to take it from you, since youve built it you have home field advantage, making each raid of another players base a new experience. The more bases you take gives you more land to expand your base in, more efficient player groups having large plots of land. Base creation being a huge point of the game, having an effective base building player who can create bases to utilize your teams strengths and weaknesses are heavily sought after. Large amount of guns of many different projectile types to facilitate different forms of gameplay and to make each base raid that much more unique. The more victories over other players you achieve gives you options to customize your character aesthetically, meaning the more skilled you are the better you look, which means a visual representation of who is better and who you can handle in a fight. Groups warring between one another can be side swiped by third parties if the battles carry on for too lengthy of a time, creating moments of chaos as three teams fight for the base theyre in.
>>
>>255856000
That's not my name
>>
>>255856116
base building and team coordination between builders and team members to be crucial to surviving, meaning writing up blue prints and showing others what youve made, then discussing ways to improve it to increase your chances of survival in a raid of your base. Everything from placement of Windows, boxes, doors, hallways, open rooms, stairways. If you had a whole team of shotgunners, creating a giant maze like base with no long hallways would be a way to use your base building and team play style to your advantage. In a situation like the maze base something like a sniper rifle wouldnt be as effective, meaning that you need to stick with your team to better utilize your weapons strengths because youre in another groups base and dont have the advantage.
>>
how about a game where you play as a leader and you just gather a bunch of people to lead into battle. the game is pretty much on rails (youre always moving right when you arent fighting) and you gather more and more people eventually having an army over twenty screen widths long. Army vs Army battles would show your folks tearing into an enemy army while you issue orders hoping to win, but when youre faced aganst something like a massive hydra you actually play as the leader and fight the thing one on one while all of your followers cheer and support you. the entire game is sillouettes save for occasional detail lines like a yellow line with a gold dot for a magic amulet.
>>
>>255856186
Hey man that was pretty good joke. Maybe we could hang out some time, grab a beer maybe.
>>
how about a game for the occulus rift where you-

>tfw i wont play it because facebook
n-never mind..
>>
>>255855827
I'm doing the music, silly!

Here are the 3 boss themes (I haven't composed the stage themes or the final boss theme yet):

https://soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/friends-in-high-places-boss-theme-for-beekeeper-wind-and-guardian

https://soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/all-things-great-and-small-boss-theme-for-main-event-supplier-and-executioner

https://soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/serving-size-boss-theme-for-butler-butcher-and-cook
>>
>>255856186
Sue them m8
I post my cool ideas in these threads all the time, now I'm a millionaire.
It's easy money plus you get to see your ideas become playable without any effort on your part.
Trust me, it's foolproof.
>>
>>255855920
sounds pretty cool and like you have agood understanding of fighting game mechanics to me
>>
>>255856464
stop lying
>>
File: 2.jpg (39 KB, 493x396) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
39 KB, 493x396
I wanna make something that looks like WW that's an action/adventure/rpg pirate game where you form a crew and travel between countless little hand-crafted islands that all have something worthwhile or at least neat on them. Port towns to plunder, ancient ruins, rival pirate camps, giant monsters, cool rock formations, etc.

It'll be complete with a seamless drop-in/out co-op mode so you could explore with your buddies.
>>
rpg where you are in a cabin on the mountain in a snowstorm and you must make a terrible choice: you have a peanut allergy but all you have to eat are peanuts. you will not survive the night if you dont eat.
>>
File: 1406683568399.jpg (6 KB, 250x218) Image search: [Google]
1406683568399.jpg
6 KB, 250x218
>>255856608
>>
>>255856487
I've been playing fighting games since I was like 6 and they've always been my favorite. I always love playing whatever's new just to see what they did to make characters feel different/fresh in terms of playstyle along with any sort of special system mechanics.

My favorite would be Guilty Gear because I like strong okizeme, no comeback mechanics outside of bursts. (Which are easily baited) I just need good artists and the time to do it. Along with a bit of extra dosh.

I'm just hesitant to go to school to learn how to properly make a game of that caliber.
>>
My game is that you are a recently reawoken evil overlord who travels the world under the guise of being the savior to 'purify' the lands filled with corrupt magic, when in reality he's just absorbing his old powers that were scattered when he lost.

The gameplay would be only boss fights, with a training area to test out your abilities
15 bosses total (two sets of 6 and then 3 different final bosses that change depending on certain things)

The game itself would function a lot like Malicious, where you are hella mobile in all 3 dimensions and are able to heal yourself using the same resource you use to buff up attacks/transform
but you'd also be able to transform from a normal person into full overlord form at the cost of a good chunk of the resource + a drain overtime, but it'd buff up your damage and defense as well as change the movesets of your weapons

In both sets of 6 bosses every boss would get stronger, faster, and have more moves/combos available to it as other bosses are defeated and you would gain new moves/abilities/transformations from beating them
but you'd only be able to bring 2-3 movesets and 1 transform into a fight
>>
how about a game where you tk him to da bar???
>>
It's a strategy game based on naval combat with wars broken into three main parts

There's a grand strategy phase that plays a little like something like EUIV where you move your fleets around the greater ocean, then when you come into contact with an enemy it switches to fleet vs fleet combat, which is turn-based grid-based strategy akin to Fire Emblem or Super Robot Wars, and finally, when two ships engage in that mode the combat is a copycat of Skies of Arcadia's ship combat system, except only going maybe 2-4 sets of 4 moves per combat turn

Ships can be upgraded, and all of them have characters assigned to them; each ship has to have a captain character assigned, and then there are two slots for support roles (more on larger ships like cruisers and destroyers) that can either be filled with extra characters for stat bonuses, or just given generic nameless units if you need the characters elsewhere

Combat stats are similar to SRW, but there's also a prominent morale stat that acts as a multiplier on every other stat and can be impacted by everything from the captain's renown to the state of the ship to the current flow of the entire war; if your armada has an advantage, there may be a morale boost, slightly increasing combat effectiveness in one-on-one battle

You can optionally assign a character like the leader or prince of your nation to a flagship, for a very significant morale boost on that unit, but like all characters they can be killed in battle if the ship is sunk, and this would cause a severe morale cut throughout most of the armada

Basically it's stat porn for people that really like turn-based strategy games and numbers
>>
>>255856454
>making your own music
Oooooh nooooo. That's usually not a good idea man
>friends in high places
Bretty good
>all things great and small
Love the passive tinging in the music. That should be the clocktower boss
>serving size
Ugh, it's eh. At 0:30 it started to sound great though
>>
>>255857407
Huh, maybe I should use ATGAS for the Conductor. You're right, it seems to fit him well.

Thanks for the feedback!
>>
>>255857534
Is it gunna be rpg maker? And do you have like a blog where i can be more informed about the game? Sorry about all the questions guy
>>
>>255857190
Why not play battleship?
>>
>>255857781
>RPG Maker

At the moment, we're using GameMaker.

>Blog

None so far, but I'm glad you asked!
>>
File: 0031.jpg (82 KB, 453x640) Image search: [Google]
0031.jpg
82 KB, 453x640
The Game would be set in a small, sleepy town in mountains of Japan. The town would be filled with scary japanese folklore / urban legends / ghosts stories, ect. The town would almost always be foggy, overcast, or rainy, and there would be very few scenes during the day time. You and your friends (highschoolers, of course) would have a home base where they would group up near dark and choose a mystery / legend to investigate for the night. The legend would usually be something that is making the rounds as a rumor at school. All the things you investigate would be at least based off of actual Japanese folklore. You would investigate abandoned buildings, shrines in the woods, graveyards, and all kinds of other creepy places in the town.

As for the gameplay, there would be no combat. It would be all puzzles and exploration, and possibly some chase scenes. The camera would be fixed, Resident Evil style. It would of course be a scary game, but it would rely more on subtle ambient horror rather than jump scares or gore. Flashlights and lighting would also play a big role in the gameplay.

The whole catch of the game is that a lot of the things you go investigate turn out to be false, and some of the ones that you think are false may turn out to be real.

TL;DR - Scooby Doo set in Japan
>>
>>255839794

Dune rpg, or another panzer dragoon rpg.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 640x480
>>255857970
RUH ROH RAGGY
RE RAR REHHIG REG ROOH RARH RAGGY RHOR RUH
>>
>>255857962
That's a shame. I'm really interested in your game. I hope to see it in the next 2 or so years
>>
>>255858556
Well, are you good at graphic design?

If so, we could use a graphic artist.
>>
>>255858821
Sadly no. Do you even need one anyway? Unlike music, the concept artist is just as qualified to do that
>>
>>255859186
I'm shit at sprite design.
>>
Too many

>I could make a better DF!
>I could make a better Terraria!
>I could make a better Morrowind!

I mean, I can program, but I just don't have the drive or passion to see a large project to the end
Plus I think my pc just died. Takes too long to get past bios and if it does, it hangs on loading operating system
>>
>>255840403
co-op rpg.
>>
>>255846075
this
but I heard this story about some survivors of hiroshima, they had no faces and were mostly charred. they couldn't speak, they would only murmur softly as they had no mouth, just black faces and eyeholes
>>
>>255860232
From that thread an hour ago?
Yeah, me too
>>
>>255860416
>>255860232
I made that thread! :3
>>
>>255860507
It's a small world
>>
>>255860507
:3c
>>
File: 1402459589936.jpg (56 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1402459589936.jpg
56 KB, 500x385
A multiplayer RPG in which there's a dungeon master who is also a player, the idea would work with all players on the same place on the Wii U and over the internet for PC and the rest of the consoles so basically the dungeon master chooses what the other players are going to face, it would be short adventures if you are playing with random players and a story as big as the dungeon master wants if playing with friends, the dungeon master chooses things from monsters, loot and which dungeons and traps are going to appear in it, of course the dungeon master has to build his adventure way before he wants to put it on the internet for players to join in, for random players the master has to tell the players which difficulty and how common or uncommon the loot is a swell as how rare it is, for friends you can go as crazy as you want.
And as an exclusive for each console and pc there would be an special package which would re skin monsters and NPC's depending on the console so apart from the classic look monsters have, let's say on the Wii U you can play with monsters looking like creatures from Zelda games, the same for mascots and franchises from each different platform.
>>
>>255846380
Shootmania and before you look it up- it was designed to be an ESPORT before a good game which is why it failed. Also poor marketing, which lead to no players making content, which lead to ded.
>>
So many bullshit kickstarter "do anything" tier ideas in this thread. It's pretty disgusting. People think scope and size = good game. Context matters and smaller more controlled ideas can be just as effective and even better than something like Skyrim (which is shit). Lots of oceans being pitched here, none seem to go any deeper than your average puddle or Bethesda POS.
>>
>>255865262
What do you expect from a board that thinks any and all linearity is a bad thing?
>>
I've had this idea for a couple years now, I'm pretty sure it's because of Evangelion.

It would be a third person 1v1 fighting game, and you would control a giant cyborg. The gameplay would be similar to Toribash, in the sense that once you get in fighting range of the other player, you could execute a series of attacks by adjusting limbs and such. You would also be able to control how much energy you would put into a strike. Like, say you put 90% of your cyborgs energy into one punch to kill your opponent in one hit, or evenly distribute it into a few limbs to play it safe.

It would also have a system where there would be three types of cyborgs, based on the amount of organic/mechanical parts in each one. More organic cyborgs would be able to have a faster regen rate on the energy they use in battle, but have less attack and defense. More augmented cyborgs would have a slow regen rate and be heavier, but could take more damage and deal more damage. And the third type would be a mix of the previous two.

That's pretty much all I've worked out so far. I'm a decent programmer and know how to make 3D models, but the scope of what I want to do is far beyond my ability. I just want to get a working engine and maybe I could eventually start a team to get it off the ground.
>>
>>255855319
>arcade beat 'em up
>m&b mod
>>
>>255865382
I'm just shocked this sounds like the crap I would come up with in 4th grade when I had no concept of context, subtly, game design and restraint when it comes to games. All of this shit is just boisterous nonsense.
>>
>>255839794
Serial Killer/Rapist roguelike
No, I'm a lazy bastard.
>>
>>255853158
the full health regeneration doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
most of the time, creatures and bosses with regenerating health (especially of that manner) often turn out to be "that" boss, the really fuckin' annoying one. maybe play around with the idea and find a good balance for the health regeneration, or think of a new aspect to be introduced when he naps. maybe he should gain increased speed for a little while like he's regained some energy/stamina after waking up, and he groggily returns to his original speed a little while before returning to sleep.
play around with this, see what feels fun.
>>
Rime
http://us.playstation.com/ps4/games/rime-ps4.html
>>
>>255865870
Calm down anon. These are just games that people want to have made, it doesn't mean they'll be good.
>>
>>255854862
i really like this bio. this is looking neat.
>>
>>255866114
I've always wanted to work on a roguelike as a small project. You could probably learn to make a basic one in python pretty quickly, it's an easy language to learn.
>>
>>255866478
Good advice EA.
>>
A post-apocalyptic open world online game. >No silly skill trees, no grinding just pure raw survival.
>The world went to shit after X event happened and what's left of humanity is fighting to stay alive.
>Players can form groups, clans whatever. >They can pick a piece of land and set up base.
>Map is massive. it has forests deserts and urban zones.
>Urban zones are New York like cities where players can enter any and all buildings.
>Every single room is explorable
>The metropolitan areas are the hardest and most dangerous areas
This might be impossible but it would be fucking god tier if it happened
>Entire Game runs on one sole server meaning that everything happens in one world where thousands of players play.
>Day and Night cycles are syncronized with Eastern Time.

Thats the jist of it but goddam it would be fucking great
>>
>>255867439
Woooooooaah, i've never seen this before
>>
>>255867572
>>255865262
>>255865870
>>
>>255867439
>syncronized with Eastern Time.
UTC is the accepted standard.
>>
Do you enjoy being a rebellious contrarian?
You speshul wlittle snowflake you
>>
>>255867439
So what the fuck do you even do? What's the objective? What is the gameplay like?
>>
>>255867976
B-b-but obviously no one knows how to make games today! I mean, just look at my million dollar ideas just waiting to be grabbed! Companies a-are idiots!
>>
>>255868004
You don't always have to have an objective to enjoy a game. You don't always have to be rewarded. The experience alone is enough to make it enjoyable.

Why do you think people play games like Day Z?
Hell, why do you think people play video games at all?
>>
>>255868151
Why are you so mad anon? did you have the same dream of making a videogame and somebody crushed it?
>>
>>255868192
You mean the game that everyone played for two weeks and then dropped because the gimmick wore off?
>>
>>255868280
>Two weeks
Yeah, nah. You're trying too hard, son.
You can make your own objectives.
Maybe one day your objective is to kill as many people as possible or maybe you want to build the greatest army in the game or maybe you wanna form a band of bandits that just goes around wrecking shit or maybe forming a band of vigilantes that keep order and such.

Just imagine the possibilities.
If you need someone to tell you what to do in a game then you shouldnt be playing in the first place
>>
>>255868438
So you're just playing multiplayer "imagination" with a GUI.
>>
>>255839794
>tfw you have tons of ideas for games based in currently existing franchises
>>
A turn based strategy game in the style of the classic Xcom games set in a sci-fi setting where you take control of a counter-terrorism unit.

You'd be fighting against a growing rebellion faction who seek to control prosperous human colonies in Sol, Tau Ceti, and Alpha Centauri. The leaders of said systems appoint you and your unit to protect one of the three. You wouldn't only have to deal with the terrorist attacks from fringe radical groups, but also with the civilian population slowly warming up to the rebellion.

Difficulty would depend on which system you choose, Sol would have tighter security thus reducing terrorist attacks and have a population less to the ideals of the rebels, Tau Ceti would have average security and the population would be sympathetic to the rebels, and Alpha Centauri would be a prime target for these attacks and also have a population eager to join the rebellion.

To deal with terrorist attacks would be your standard turn based Xcom-ish gameplay. Missions would vary from hostage takings, hijackings, robberies, or intercepting terrorist groups in transit or in their own turf. Keeping civilian units alive would be a main objective, as the amount of civilian deaths would affect your funding from colonies alongside the willingness to submit to the rebellion.

To deal with the civilian population supporting the rebels your organization will have to set up campaigns to smear the rebellion’s image. This could range from organizing anti-rebel protests in major cities, paying off system wide media to paint the rebellion in a bad light, and even committing false flag attacks in the name of the rebels. The false flag attacks would be a reverse of the terrorist attacks, as your goal would be to cause as much chaos as possible before fleeing.

Winning the game would mean your group traveling to the source of the rebellion to perform a mass assassination against the rebel leaders
>>
>>255868493
Nah man, it's called emergent gameplay.
>>
>>255868942
What franchises? Got any interesting takes on existing ideas?
>>
A game where you get to date-rape a town of dickgirls.
>>
you play as a dog in a large slightly futuristic city. if you try and be social with people you look friendlier and gentle and become weaker, but some people will give you food and shelter.

If you choose to fight and be violent, you get bigger and stronger and people will eventually fear you.

Throughout the game you have what the player suspects is hallucinations of a wolf pack running around the city and the moon talking to you, calling you a bad dog, weak, useless etc.

the game ends with you being adopted (good boy ending) or giving in and eating a human (bad dog ending.)

secret ending is when you find that everything you've seen is real and you do some mystic shit and fight the wolves on the moon to regain your sanity.
>>
>>255839794
A 2-D building-ish game(just think Terraria I guess) with RPG elements(Not a "real RPG" but it has specialized upgrades and equipment)

You play as a spider and choose from a large variety of spider classes. They all have unique passives that are increased by character level. There is a good variety of weapon types and they all have multiple tiers. You can specialize in a specific weapon type and upgrade it.

There are bosses that drop unique weapons(ex. Dragonslayer is the unique sword class weapon.).

The best part about this dream game is that I'm almost done making it.
>>
Dishonored could've been that one game that I always dreamed of, but the stealth was shit, powers were shit except for blink, too little powers, and not dark enough for the setting of the game
>>
>>255869305
So like Tokyo Jungle with a passive route? What kind of gameplay would there be in a passive playthrough, would it be like stealth/survival?
>>
>>255869162
Just ideas for games based around Liquid SNake or Solidus from Metal Gear.
Like, a Solidus game would have base management to a minor extent, maybe more of a focus on troop management (think Portable Ops but done well and expanded upon). You would be able to go in with squad based combat (it'd need good ai of course) and fight against African warlords and shit with your child soldiers and you can choose who you play as including little kid Raiden/Jack the Ripper and young man Solidus (maybe an unlockable Frank Jaegar as a fun little easter egg?). You would play as whichever character you chose with like 3-5 other soldiers, or perhaps something more like Ghost Recon where you'd have multiple squads at once.
A Liquid game would be set in the middle east and would be a lot like MGS3 but with a focus on combat and ways to take enemies down. Liquid would have tons of unarmed attacks too, like that headbutt charge from his boss battle. And of course there'd be an optional shirtless costume and a Master Miller joke costume.
>>
>>255869740
looking for clean water, trying to find food, avoiding people who would hurt you and being friendly to the right people.

like if a child approaches you, stand still so he can pet you for good dog points, or bark at him for bad dog points.
>>
>>255869913
>good dog points
Kinda reminds me of the whole Praise system in Okami.

>>255869830
>not making a base management type game, but instead of managing soldiers you manage child soldiers and play as an african warlord whose mission is to conquer africa.
>>
>>255869460
Name, is it on steam, do you have a blog
Hurry up this game is about to 404
>>
I want a 2d, bhop, platform game(think Super Meat Boy but bhop).
Its not very creative and would be prone to dislike by bhoppers from every game.
>>
>tfw no one replied to your game idea
I'm just going to take that as a "it's alright"
>>
>>255870475
It's not on steam. It's not a large game and the graphics/music are really poor. A lot of progress has been made but it still feels really bare-bones to me, so I won't be publicly showing it for a long time.

I do stream it sometimes though.

I'll make a thread on /v/ when it's done, I hope I don't get b& for "marketing", because I'd really like to discuss game mechanics with you guys.
>>
>>255871038
I'm sure it's alright, anon. I'm sure it is.
>>
>>255871176
What i meant is is it going to be.
>>
>>255871338
No, but I'll give all of my fellow /v/irgins a free download link. Hopefully enough of you guys play it when the time comes, and we can get some conversations going.
>>
File: 1405853637354.webm (2 MB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
1405853637354.webm
2 MB, 800x480
A 3D action game where every attack can be completely modified.

For example your basic attack would be a sword slash.

You could equip your sword slash as a passive, which means you don't have the ability to swing your sword anymore, but instead you automatically parry all attacks.

You could equip it in an active slot, which is just the normal press x to attack.

Here is where is gets crazy; you can equip it as a supplement to another move: eg you could attach slash to your dodge move, and enemies would get hurt if you dodged into them. The combinations here are what makes it really worthwhile imo.
>>
MGQ hack n slash RPG with animated cut scenes
>>
>>255871454
That's a damn shame
Should try greenlight
>>
>>255871656
Naw man, It's way too small of a game to be worth any money. I'm happy with just making a fun game and letting you people play it for free.

Maybe one day It'll be good enough and I'll try to make some money off of it.

Thanks for taking interest though.
>>
File: 1397114219916.png (330 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
1397114219916.png
330 KB, 500x387
>>255871493

So here is an example of a fully fleshed out move: Shade.

Active Shade: Conceal yourself for 5s and boost the damage of your next attack by 50%. 10s cooldown.

Passive Shade: When attacked, automatically conceal and spawn a copy of yourself which draws aggro. Copy and conceal last for 5 seconds.

Shade on Slash: Slash produces phantom blades which penetrate enemies.

Shade on Spike(a move that causes spikes to erupt from the ground): Spike banishes enemies for 5s.

Shade on Evade: Concealed while evading, 1s window after evading to do 25% more damage.
>>
>>255871493
>>255871925
You're just describing the basics of Transistor's combat as a 3D action game instead of a psuedo-turn based RPG
>>
>>255872326

Oh wow. I've never even heard of this game.

regardless I don't like turn based games, I think this system of customization would work much better as a brawler/hacknslash game
>>
File: abhorsen trilogy.jpg (48 KB, 630x316) Image search: [Google]
abhorsen trilogy.jpg
48 KB, 630x316
>>255839794
I was designing this game's mechanics on paper at work last year. I can't code and I'm not ambitious enough to make it, but it was nice to dream.
>>
>>255860416
>>255860507

please post pics
>>
>>255839794

this is an original idea, feel free to use it and make it into an early access peice of shit

>be a guy called donny
>be a meth head
>suck peoples dicks for meth
>10/10 - ign
>>
An open world adventure game (similar to Fallout or TES) were you play as a colonist on a newly discovered continent. Deal with natives, fight other colonies, etc. Probably set in either a fantasy North America or Australia.
>>
>>255871493
>>255871925
>>255872326
This. Transistor works exactly like that. And like he said, it's pseudo turn based. Kind of like Fallout 3/NV, but with more emphasis on VATS.
>>
Anyone ever played die by the sword? It had that weird yet awesome way of freely controlling your sword with the mouse and shit. I would like a game that is like that but in an Open world with quests and all kinds of shit. Possibly random worlds and/or gear. Ontop of that High moddability. Most of the time i think of a game i would like to play its just games i have played with added shit that would make it more fun for me. Can't actually come up with any shit that is worthwhile myself. In this case it would probably just be skyrim with random ass mouse aimed sword waving.
>>
>>255871906
not that guy, but that game sounds fun as fuck. Seriously, playing as fucking spider sounds fun, few games have them as the protagonist like that one Wii game.
>>
>>255845272
>no npc players
This is the fucking stupidest idea for any MMO I've ever seen, even the shit-tier Neogaf ones.
No MMO will ever satisfy you because you're babbyshit and don't know how to play.
>>
File: 1406787444557.jpg (31 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1406787444557.jpg
31 KB, 256x256
A kaiju dating sim called My Little Gamera Can't Be This Cute.
>>
>>255872519
(cont)
It would never have caught on. I wanted it to be an MMO with permadeath, where you died when your soul passed beyond the Ninth gate. It may work as a singleplayer game as well.

http://oldkingdomwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Death

If your character died and your soul was not rescued from the river of death, and was also not drawn into and through the ninth gate, you could continue playing as one of the Dead. Your stats would translate over and change your spirit's form and strengths. A strong knight might become an imposing spirit, and a mage may become more of a trickster.

The goal of the Dead is to consume life, and they are drawn back to the realm of the living, but it takes immense strength (or a necromancer) to get there.

Can continue if anyone gives a shit.
>>
File: Scissors in Pantsu.jpg (60 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
Scissors in Pantsu.jpg
60 KB, 640x359
I want to make a game about a Yandere schoolgirl who kills other schoolgirls because she's jealous of them talking to her beloved Senpai-kun.

Later today I'm uploading a new YouTube video showing off some cool new features, and posting an update on the blog.
>>
File: 1398415021283.gif (2 MB, 317x350) Image search: [Google]
1398415021283.gif
2 MB, 317x350
>>255839794

Something that encapsulates the panic and quick actions a wizard might encounter
Something between Invoker from DoTA2 and Magicka, with the payoff of a high wizard combo from RO
That shit would be golden
>>
>>255873219
Post channel
>>
An arena shooter using 4D perspective projection. Using the mousewheel to rotate around the W plane.
>>
>>255873173
>permadeath
Ugh
Continue anyways
>>
>>255839794
Open world arcade style shootemup which takes place in space. You play as sort of a space pirate/space cowboy inside of a small single-manned ship. The gameplay is kind of similar to Star Citizen's, and you can switch in and out of first person. However, there is a lot more emphasis on paying attention to the dashboard in first person which includes an ammunition counter, fuel counter, velocity counter, etc
The ship is fully customisable with different chassis, weapons, paintjobs, windows, engine, boosters, dashboards, etc. Everything is unlocked and the player has free reign to build whatever suits their playing style, with huge upgrade trees.
The player can go up against and take down flagships and fleets hundreds or even thousands of times bigger than their own ship with fucking insane weaponry.
Up to 8 players can join in at anytime during the other players' sessions and team up to take down the aforementioned flagships and fleets and travel around the galaxy together, discovering new technology, artifacts, and the ruins of lost civilisations.

Think of it as sort of a Star Citizen meets IL-2 Sturmovik meets Mount & Blade: Warband along with some other shit thrown in there
>>
I have one and but I posted it in the last "idea guy" thread and forgot to save it, and am too lazy to re-type it all.
Reactions were generally positive at least, if anybody decided to save it, it was the 2d hotline miami music game
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 160x213) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 160x213
>>255873397
Very creative anon i am proud but uh, you see the problem is, i don't think the human mind is capable of comprehending the fourth dimension
>>
>>255839794
an rpg where choices control the story, except you can choose between like 4 different characters that the player controls to make the choices
the characters that aren't being controlled by the player act independently
i have two ideas how it could work as
1: the uncontrolled characters go on autopilot when you're not using them but switch between them throughout the game
or 2: you choose the path of one character throughout 1 play through the next time you decide to play the game again as a different character you can use the data of the previous character to act that way in the new character's story
>>
>>255872483
It's not really turn based like Final Fantasy, like the other anon said, it's more like VATS from Fallout 3/NV. You can play it like an Action RPG, but you can also pause the action VATS style and queue up attacks. There's merits to both styles and you can choose to do only one or the other, or to mix them together.
>>
I always wanted to make a kung-fu game with really complicated controls
Right click and hold to control right fist, then move mouse to punch/swing/chop, same for left fist
Shift/control for legs (jumps, kick etc.)
>>
>>255845272
sounds kinda like a moba
>>
I had an idea that I'm working on right now. It's a 3D first person game that is at its core the only good part of Dota2, the tower defense/creep game. Players are a wizard (fire ice earth or air) who defends their tower in the middle of the map from waves of elemental enemies that spawn in the 4 corners of the map in themed areas and follow some roads to the center. Enemies getter bigger/ badder every wave and drop some sort of elemental crystals that the player can use to upgrade themselves or upgrade their own troops (not sure if player has their own troops or if they're on their own) No levels, permadeath, and no mana bar, I've always felt that a wizard should be throwing spells out like whoa. Cell shaded grafixx for an adventure time feel without all the bullshit. Thoughts?
>>
A 3D action game where you play as a suicidal young man named Samsara. His dream is to die in battle - the only problem being, he is immortal.

You play as the enemies. Your goal is to kill Samsara, but of course he keeps coming back. As a result, Samsara seeks out tougher and tougher enemies, trying to find a worthy opponent who can finally finish him off. This keeps the gameplay especially fresh, since you will be playing as a whole host of different bosses. Imagine Metal Gear Rising except you play as all the different bosses fighting against Raiden. When it is a group of enemies vs Samsara, it is a hybrid RTS, where you can command the enemies to attack Samsara in certain ways, while controlling one of the units from a 3rd person perspective.

I'm sure the idea needs fleshing out, but I like it a lot. I imagine the art style to be similar to that of Journey's.
>>
A god game in which you play a scientist who has ascended to godhood. Earth and humanity has been dead for billions of years and there only one Star left. You created planets using the atoms from the Star, create intelligent life and watch them fuck with each other. If they do something that pisses you off, send a plague or a big ass rock on they bitch asses. There no goal but to experiment and play god until your little star burns out.
No matter how much it sucks, it'll be trillions of times better then Godus.
>>
A Spiritual Successor to F-Zero GX
>>
A game where you are a person in a large lifelike house. In the game, the phones will ring, someone will knock of the door, all those common distractions of life. If you pause the game 3 times, you lose.

If you don't get it, the idea is that you confuse the ingame effects for real life and pause the game as a result to go answer the "phone"
>>
>>255839794
I Am Legend: The Game

it would be way better than you think
>>
I want to make a game where you play as an Internationale. Fighting for democracy against mercenaries and fascists with just a rifle and you optimistic utility in the face of a genuine oppressive regime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fzBdOSDsD4
>>
>RPG about 2 waring kingdom
>Every class has a unique path
>Warriors gather an army to defeat the other kingdom, collecting supplies and fight on the front lines
>Rogues infiltrate the other kingdom to destabilise the monarchy by assassinating government officials, instigating riots, bribing the army generals and shit like that
>Mages travel to the bowels of the Earth to summon eldritch abominations and find new sources to turn the tides of war
>Armour and weapons are mainly for aesthetics so if you like a set, you don't have to change if you find something better
>Can either help your own kingdom, sell out to the other kingdom or just use your allies and power to become a monarch by your own right
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.