[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyone who can beat him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9
File: demi fiend.jpg (2 KB, 62x112) Image search: [Google]
demi fiend.jpg
2 KB, 62x112
Is there anyone who can beat him?
>>
>>255352627
Your mom beat my meat last night, faggot.
>>
Figuratively who?
>>
>>255352814
Demi-fiend (Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne)
>>
Kirby.
>>
File: 1291718-imma_let_you_finish20.jpg (25 KB, 255x313) Image search: [Google]
1291718-imma_let_you_finish20.jpg
25 KB, 255x313
Yo, Demi-fiend, I'm real happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but is there any video game character who could defeat Madara Uchiha? And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. Hell, I'm not even talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara.IM NOT talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I'm Talking about SAGE MADARA FUSIONED WITH ELDER GOD DEMONBANE LEGENDARY SAIYAN ABOVE ALL MADARA
>>
File: 7.jpg (122 KB, 930x750) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
122 KB, 930x750
>>
We've been over this multiple times. Kirby, Maxwell, Asura, possibly a few other SMT protags.
>>
>>255353281

Kaguya
>>
>>255353676
In the case of other smt protagonist, do you think aleph could beat him?
>>
>>255354150
Yes, and so can Naoya/Amane ending Abel.
>>
>>255354150
The problem is that we don't know whether Demifiend actually succeeded in his quest or not. If we go purely by what we know, Aleph and Abel at their peak are both probably stronger, and even Space Marine has some more impressive feats. If he actually managed to kill YHVH however he is probably the strongest SMT protag.
>>
File: 20120921144355!Flynn_render.png (146 KB, 320x640) Image search: [Google]
20120921144355!Flynn_render.png
146 KB, 320x640
>is a demon
>cant even into demon whisper
smirkfag coming through
>>
>>255352627
Marie. :^)
>>
Holy shit. Yes. A lot of people could mop the deck with him. Anything with Earth magic shit could do him in.

Don't you dare say "HE KILLED LUCIFER. ULTIMATE STRENGTH." When everyone and knows everyone and their mother could beat Lucifer.
>>
File: 1399426061566.jpg (89 KB, 502x814) Image search: [Google]
1399426061566.jpg
89 KB, 502x814
I don't think Demi-fiend is actually that strong. All he did was kill something that was made to be killed.
Also, other than Zelenin, his "friends" are the only ones I looked forward to killing.
>>
>>255352627
Prep-time Batman
>>
>>255356189
To make things worse Lucifer was just testing him and TDE isn't even canon.
>>
>>255352627
Mario & Luigi
>>
>>255352627
God Hand

>invincibility frames
>Chain Yanker can instant stun

You know I'm right.
>>
>>255357104
>TDE
>not canon
HERE
WE
GO
>>
>>255357715
For SJ to happen, only the reset ending can be canon.
>>
>>255354707
But he never does it in game, it's stupid to act like he succeeded at it.

I mean fuck, Hero was treated as capable of being a guy who could fight "the True Enemy" (YHVH) by Lucifer, and we only find out in later games canonically instead he died in a cave-in.
>>
>>255357715
>>255358046
The existance of the Amala Network means that in SMT everything is canon, just in different dimensions. And since this is a powerlevel fanwanking thread, Demifiend is assumed to be at his peak aka TDE.
>>
File: Kazuya_render_2.png (1 MB, 681x2223) Image search: [Google]
Kazuya_render_2.png
1 MB, 681x2223
This suave motherfucker would shove a hose through his nose
>>
>>255358046
SJ and others happen in a different universe. That's the entire point of the multiverse.

No matter what he does, even "ending" it like TDE, it's only for that "universe". There's infinite more, even in TDE he just did the equivalent of going into a house and flipping the light switch off with the end goal of wiping electricity from the existence of the entire world.
>>
>>255353281
His mom
>>
>>255358596
I agree with you, personally I think all the characters I mentioned before are stronger. However he could hypothetically have defeated YHVH, and DDS kinda implies he did, so who knows.
>>
File: Accelerator.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Accelerator.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>255352627
Yes, the Accelerator.
>>
>>255359347
>DDS kinda implies he did

If you're referring to what Satan says in DDS2, then he's talking about Aleph.
>>
>>255359730
Who the hell is he?
>>
>>255359958
Shitty OP character. It's an /a/ thing. With that said

>>255359730
>>>/a/
>>
>>255359958
Raildex anime and LNs, but has a PSP fighting game, so still vidya related. In short his power is to controll vectors. Every fucking vector.
>>
>>255358931
The whole point of TDE was that it effected ALL the universes.
>>
>>255359347
I dunno, YHVH's absence could be due to anything. Aleph's killed him, Bel's posed a threat, the Mothers ganged up on him, he derives power from belief so even humans simply not having faith in him will make him weak in that universe, could even just be one of the infinite universes YHVH hasn't gotten to yet.
>>
>>255352627
Serph and co.
>>
>>255352627
powerman
>>
>>255360556
>Demi fiend only uses part of his powers
>It's the hardest boss in the game
Do you really beat him?
>>
>>255354707
>>255357104
True Demon is the canon ending though.

The appearance of Hitoshura in DDS and from what Satan says in DDS2 directly confirm True Demon as the canon ending for Nocturne.

>>255358046
With how the Amala is explained, there are an infinite number of universes that exist at any one time, SJ just takes place before the True Demon ending of Nocturne, or shortly after, like DDS1/2 did.
>>
Demifiend's not even that strong. We already saw Raidou, a human, is capable of matching up to him without even having legendary equipment, high-tech stuff, or any demonic power in his own body. He even naturally gains Pierce in Nocturne, despite not having it in the Raidou games.

That pretty much means even if other people in any other video game universe don't have "Pierce" in there, if they're at least as strong as Raidou, that's more than enough to pierce Demifiend's defenses.
>>
>>255358829
My nugga
>>
>>255360556
Fuck that fight. The day got much worse. ;_;
>>
>>255359814
No, that's DDS2. When you defeat him DDS1 he leaves this message:
> "Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil... all bends to my will".
which implies he defeated YHVH and is now wandering the Amala Network aimlessly.
>>
>>255360420
Yes, but it didn't end ALL universes instantly, it just stopped more from ever being created. That's how DDS1/2 takes place afterwards.

>>255361127
Raidou's guest appearance wasn't really the canon appearance in the game though, it was Dante. Raidou in Chronicle Edition is basically just an easter egg.

On top of that the only reason they gave him Pierce was so he wouldn't be utterly worthless like Dante was when you go for the True Demon ending, it had nothing to do with how strong he was in-universe.
>>
>>255360420
Nothing about it suggests it does it to all universes, and there's literally no way for it to do so. It's just that Vortex World. There's infinite others undergoing the infinite loop as well. He doesn't travel outside of the Vortex World to stop the Great Will, he breaks the management system for THAT Vortex World.
>>
>>255361542
That in no way implies that he defeated YHVH. You're just trying to make connections that aren't there.
>>
>>255361569
It's the most recent and most complete version. Like there's no way at all to choose Dante version as canon beyond bias, because it's neither the original or most up to date.
>>
>>255361775
It means that he defeated whatever he was fighting. If DDS happens after the TDE, then that "whatever" is YHV
>>
>>255353463
>pierce nullifies special types defense
>>
>>255362220
>It's the most recent and most complete version.
The addition of Raidou in place of Dante is the only difference between Chronicle and Maniax. On top of that the story barely (if it even does at all,) makes any sense for Raidou to canonically appear in Nocturne.

It's pretty safe to say he was just a promotional stunt and never meant to be some kind of canon inclusion into the series.
>>
Demifiend's so overrated. He faces next to nothing of actual importance, and has a very unimpressive source of power at that, along with no equipment at all.

Other SMT Protags have killed half-demon, half-humans all the fucking time. In Demifiend's case, his demonic power isn't even something impressive (like a noteworthy demon or anything), it's random insects that are so ignorable that NO ONE in the game takes advantage of them despite it being clear there are plenty, and they are never brought up again in the entire series.

And then on top of that, he's unarmed and unarmored. Other SMT Protags are in high-tech or legendary stuff from head-to-toe that may as well make them superhuman on their own.

We never even see him do anything in cutscenes that's actually impressive either, like move particularly fast, show some crazy feat of strength, or even take a strong hit (hell, Dante/Raidou go out of their way to NOT stab him when they easily could have).

By all means Cielo is the most overpowered. He flies faster than jets, tanks multiple missiles and head on collisions with other jets, and could just as easily fly around shooting lasers and magic. The fuck does anyone do about him? Demifiend's not gonna jog up to anyone going over 1500mph in the sky.
>>
>>255363484
>Lucifer knows Raidou
>Lucifer hires Raidou to investigate
>Time and dimension travel is common in Raidou's world
It's not that far fetched as you may think it is.
>>
>>255363606
>NO ONE in the game takes advantage
Tell that to the Emperor
>>
>>255363484
Are you seriously arguing it makes more sense for Dante to show up in the SMT universe than Raidou, the person who has fought final bosses in his own game in the dimensional corridor between worlds, traveled to other universes (Raido's) in his game, and most of his plot centers around time travel?
>>
>>255363606
Demi-fiend has immunity to all everything except almighty, knows true magic can talk to demons directly and is Lucifers right hand. 1on1 no protag in SMT can take him. And even when you put demons in it he has a high chance of converting them just by talking.
>>
>>255363331
1. does it repel because pierce can't stop repel
2. what part is this guy in
>>
>>255353216
/thread
>>
>>255363606
Magatama just look like strange beads, if you don't know how to utilize them they're worthless. On top of that Lucifer set the groundwork for Demi-Fiend to use it, meaning that he's likely to be the only one who can exploit their powers fully.

>Other SMT Protags have killed half-demon, half-humans all the fucking time.

The Demi-Fiend isn't Half Demon, he's a demon with a human's soul. This is repeated ad-naseam within the game itself. It's why he's so much more powerful that Chiaki and that other kid. They merely use a demon's power, Demi-Fiend uses Magatama to bolster his own to god-like levels.

>And then on top of that, he's unarmed and unarmored.

The nurse explains, not 20 minutes into the game mind you, that the Magatama is arms, armor, and spell book. It makes him physically as tough and powerful as a demon, and also gives him the ability to utilize their powers without external need. It also allows him to command demons at will, which was the whole point to begin with.

In-game he manifests weapons made of purse energy when using attacks, projects beams of light that blast through gods from his eyes, and his bare fist hits as hard, or harder than, even the most powerful mythical weapons.

In DDS he does 10 times the damage of the game's life cap with Gaea Rage, and this is against people who are also capable of going toe-to-toe with the Universe's biggest and baddest creatures and entities.
>>
>>255364793
>immunity to all
That Raidou, a regular human, can Pierce no problem. Nevermind "lol gameplay mechanics"
>knows true magic
Which many others know too, or use their legendary equipment, technology, and skill in battle to compensate.
>can talk to demons directly
Every single other SMT protag can do this. They even do this better considering they don't need demons with chat skills stepping in for them all the time.
>is Lucifers right hand
That's the opposite of impressive. Lucifer has been canonically killed by the protag in 2 out of 4 mainline SMT games, and in any others Lucifer never even confronts the protagonists or anything so that they have the chance or need to kill him. Being an underling of someone who's directly worse than any protagonist is pretty shitty.
>>
He is so weak the DDS crew actually beats him while sleeping.
>>
>>255364793
DDS shows that he's not immune to gun attacks, so every protag can hurt him, and he'd be fucked if he went against SMT1's nerve bullets, Flynn can use magic as well, and he doesn't need to shove a demon bug in his eye to do so.
The only thing being Lucifer's right hand means is that he wasn't actually strong enough to beat him. Meanwhile, both Aleph and Flynn killed Lucifer in their respective universes.
Why did you list talking to demons as a skill? Every mainline protag does that. Plus, you can't recruit demons that already have a contract, this is shown during Naoya's 8th day in Overclocked.
>>
MY SMT 3 playthough
>be demon
>be told can't take part in creation
>act like a yes man knowing I can't take part in my friends shenanigans
>Help friend in hospital
>I am to late and he acts like a dick to me
>one day in sewer fight a skeleton
>take his candle holder because fuck him
>leads me to hellish apartment building dungeon
>Keep finding skeletons to go further into under ground apartment
>eventually fight a fly man
>keep going
>fight optimus prime
>find old dude, he smiles at me and baptises me
>wake up where I began more powerful then ever.
>Go to Diet building destroy everything
>get asked if demon, yes
>get asked if heart of demon
>get asked to not take part in creation... I'm in a creation mood

(con't)
>>
>>255365910
>Which many others know too
No SMT protag can use magic
>Every single other SMT protag can do this
No they use a computer program for it. Only demi-fiend can talk and understand demons naturally(you can argue it due to the magatama but you can't take it away from him like you could by smashing the computer on the arm of other protags)
>Lucifer has been canonically killed by the protag in 2 out of 4 mainline SMT games
The only time you meet the true Lucifer in SMT is in Nocurne every other time it's just a projection of him like the young boy/old man in Nocturne that's why he always looks different as human. As per Nocturne his real self is stuck in the Labyrinth of Amala recovering strength.
>>
>>255366719
(error) Help friend in prison (not hospital)

>Find old prick with teacher milf
>they talking or some shit
>kill pricks dragon
>he runs away
>teacher milf tells me to go to a temple
>go there
>Giant black pole slams down
>go to it and go to tower in sky
>Somehow sub humans got up climbing
>Go up tower kill God A
>Go up tower Kill God B
>Go up tower Kill God C
>Kill moon because fuck the moon
>Shota from the start turns into the old man
>Old man morphs into Giant Black demon and shit
>Taunt it, yell at it, then shoot lazers at hit
>I win
>He says something
>Iots of demons behind me
>Don't even fucking care at this point
>Let them come along
>never mention what happens next

(end)
>>
>>255367052
>No SMT protag can use magic
Dude what are you smoking?Lots of smt protags use magic.
>>
>>255369130
all of them do.
>>
>>255367648
>>255366719
you're a fag
>>
>>255369632
Hero and Aleph don't, same with Not-Kyouji, Hacker, and Raidou. Space Marine's guns let him do elemental attacks, but I'm sure if that technically counts as magic.
>>
bump for neutral
>>
>>255369819
In what way?
>>
>>255370251
homosexual
>>
>>255370325
My internet history knows more about me then you and he says your wrong
>>
>>255370638
well you look like a fag and your shit's all retarded
>>
>>255370738
>shit
>Inanimate object
>having a mind to be retarded

now your being silly
>>
>>255370901
you even think like shit,makes me wonder if you have fezes for brains
>>
>>255371041
ok
Everyone else left ages ago (including the guy who written that)
I am only here to keep it bumped by keeping this chat up
>>
>>255371230
I figured this out lots of posts ago,thaks,I love SMT discussion
>>
I turned down the offer to join the mantra cause fuck them but the boss got killed later

Did I do good
>>
>>255371359
Well

Legit spoiler here
His reincarnation kills the Manikin boss so yes
>>
>>255371707
dude wut? he never did that. You're thinking of the other dude.
>>
>>255371707
actually your female friend does,or you,if you side with her
>>
>>255372104
>>255371836

He gave her the power to do it so I blame him just as much
>>
>>255372184
I got really mad at her and him too,manikin boss was such a bro
>>
>no ending where you side with the manikin and let them create their perfect world
why live
>>
>>255372337
No he wasn't, the only person who can really be considered a bro in Nocturne is Hijiri.
>>
>>255372724
they were both my bestest friends,the only ones I liked in the whole game,fuck you male friend,fuck you female friend
>>
File: DECAF IS FOR FAGGOTS.gif (400 KB, 488x519) Image search: [Google]
DECAF IS FOR FAGGOTS.gif
400 KB, 488x519
>>255352627
Doom Guy.
>>
>>255372724
>Hijiri
he was going to fuck you over, did you not see
ALL MY FRIENDS ARE ASSHOLES?
>>
>>255373025
he was the only one that helped you though,if he had a reason I'd gladly go with him.
>>
>>255352627
Yes, Ben Stiller can
>>
>>255373284
and so did lucifer
>>
>>255374381
kinda,he was the reason you couldn't get a reason yourself too.
>>
>>255374508
>kinda
>gave you the ability to survive
>Hijiri
>just only used you first to see how teleporting worked as well used you to find out why he survived
>>
>>255375026
well your friends survived both fine without magatama,besides your relationship with Hijiri was of mutual help.
>>
>>255375164
>survived fine
>one lost an arm
>the other struggled and got hit with thor's hammer

> Hijiri was of mutual help.
so was lucifer's
>>
>>255375485
just outta curisioty,in that scene with Isamu where he kills Hijiri,does Hijiri say that he was using you all along?
>>
>>255375805
why would he admit it? his actions showed it, as well Isamu's justification. During those time frames, your friends still cared for you, up until it came for reasoning.
>>
>>255376159
well Hijiri has as much reason to use us and do our friends,after all,he didn't know anything about his past.
>>
File: 1392864992003.jpg (56 KB, 231x254) Image search: [Google]
1392864992003.jpg
56 KB, 231x254
>>255376159
>your friends still cared for you
>Implying Demi-Fiend's "friends" ever cared for him.
>>
>>255376306
it's more like why he survived. He figured it out the problem, and that was that.

>>255376379
granted they were dicks, they weren't at that point in the story they were willing to kill you for their own justification.
>>
>>255376550
and so?It doesn't take much for them to get at your throat,refuse to kill manikins and your so called ''friend'' will send demons to kill you.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.