[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when gaming died?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 102
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 373x135) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 373x135
"The context that’s missing here is that unlike many early access games, the game is already fully playable, and although it doesn’t have everything we want to put in it yet (which is what’s holding it back from a 1.0 release) I feel we could have released what we currently have AS 1.0, outside of early access."

"As Starbound stands, our sharing of our future plans aside, it could leave early access and be an entirely reasonable stand alone game."

Holy shit, I was gifted this game by a friend and I am mad as hell about this. Out of the goodness of their heart, somebody decided to gift their friend this game, believing that they could play it together in the future, a complete game with all sorts of content.

And what they got instead is 1/10th the content of Terraria.

Chucklefuck actually has the balls to call their bastardized piece of shit a complete game.
>>
>Gaming died
>Because some retards want to release a shitty game
Man gaming dies like 10 times every year then.
>>
And what really gets me is the community don't even see this as a problem, its all one big massive hugbox. Hell many of them have actually said they would be fine if chucklefuck released the game as it is.

Early access is a fucking bullshit travesty, when the gaming industry already has enough problems as it is.
>>
>>254729984
The current community isn't complaining because the ones that did got banned for their opinion.
>>
>>254729969
EA is interested in early access, so is Sony. It's pretty clear that early access is quickly becoming a huge deal in gaming and its going to be much worse than DLC or day 1 DLC ever could be.

>>254730156
And that's another problem, anytime anybody even tries to speak up and voice how they feel about the game they get shut down and banned, leaving only a massive hugbox in its wake.
>>
>>254730341
That makes me laugh because of the time Tiy threw a tantrum because he couldn't ban people from Reddit and he coudn't do shit
>>
>buy two copies, one for me and one for my brother
>play it for a bit
>it's shit
>wait for updates
>wait
>wait
>play a bit
>it's still shit
>wait for more updates
>wait some more
>and some more
>small update
>'hey bro, wanna try that new Starbound update? Maybe it won't be shit'
>'... wait, I own Starbound?'

And now we're just waiting on the new Terraria update since we know for a fact that won't be shit at least.
>>
>>254730927
Pretty much this, when Terraria 2 comes out it will blow the fuck out of the chucklefuck supporters.
>>
>>254729552

>it's a complete game
>but we're re-doing literally everything from the ships to the quests to the combat because they suck complete dick

Bunch of faggots. They give early access a bad name, and early access is a terrible idea by itself
>>
>>254730927
My friends tried dragging me back into Starbound recently too. We didn't play very long. There's been fucking nothing for it in the last 6 months.
When's that Terraria update coming out?
>>
This is why we pirate games.
>>
>>254731190
I didn't even buy the damn game and I feel cheated.
>>
>>254731158
No set date for 1.3 yet, but it's supposed to double the content. Again. And it's supposed to be Red's last update for it. Again again.

Really though, fuck early access. I paid 2.50 for Terraria and would gladly pay that again 10 times over for the content I've gotten out of it. Will probably get Terraria 2 full price if the quality stays consistent.
>>
>baby won't stop crying
>getting married this weekend and it's scheduled to pour rain
>it's pouring rain right now and I have a zillion things I need to do outside
>there's a shard of glass in my index finger that hurts like a motherfucker with the slightest bt of pressure

And yet this thread reminding me I purchased starbound is the worst thing to happen to me today
>>
>Terraria
>Updates with major content even after release
>Eventually the developer decides they need to focus on real life and can't support additional development any longer
>"Straight up says Sorry guys, we're done with development"
>Many people are mad because they expected so much more
>Everyone gets hyped for Starbound instead
>It sucks
>Suddenly Terraria guys decide to start updating again for some reason
>Add even more content than Starbound as at release
>Starbound never updates and when it does it sucks
>Terraria only continues to make Starbound worse.
>>
File: 1292652152894.jpg (6 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1292652152894.jpg
6 KB, 251x251
>mfw thinking of the poor saps who paid tons of money to have their own statues ingame, as well as the other bullshit bonuses before the game was released
>>
>>254731356

I hardly touched the content in the last major update. I'm definitely going to have to play it again when 1.3 comes out

by myself of course
>>
>>254731713
There are people who bought one of every tier just for the fucking forum badges.Many of those people no longer post either lel.
>>
But they delivered on plenty aspects, I personally think it was good enough and we were lucky they updated it at all
>>
>>254732212
>we were lucky they updated it at all
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOOK AT THIS FAGGOT
>>
>>254731658

The community in the terraria forums went absolutely apeshit when they were told the game would no longer be receiving content updates.
And then when the console ports were announced, and it was said they'd have extra content, I think a few autists died of rage.
rather than ban those people, red just took the new shit from the console ports and stuck it into the main game along with a bunch of other stuff

Minecraft releasing a shitty block nobody wants every couple weeks for some reason has bred a huge amount of entitled douchebags for some reason
>>
>>254729552

Gaming isn't dead, what the fuck are you smoking?

All that happened was a bunch of gibbering retards gave other gibbering retards stupid amounts of dosh with no actual promise of released content. These idiots deserve to get burned by the likes of Chucklefish because IT'S THE ONLY WAY THEY'LL LEARN.

If they don't learn, then all we can do is pray they accidentally drink bleach before they have a chance to reproduce.
>>
>>254729552
>We got bored and everyone already paid for it
This is why crowdfunded games usually suck
>>
>>254732273
Most of the stuff in the console versions was shite and was never added to PC.
>>
>>254732212
8/10
Need to mention how you played 500 hours and got your moneys worth, along with some sort of movie analogy.
>>
>>254732693
If they added more content then the game would become too big 4u
>>
>>254732212
>we were lucky they updated it at all
This part is actually correct
>>
>>254732693
>you played 500 hours
>Implying times weren't inflated by coding the launcher to keep running in the background
>>
I was hype as fuck for this game since I was interested in playing a game that involved traveling through space and exploring planets and stations and shit. Why oh why did it have to be Starbound that caught my attention first jesus fuck.
>>
File: addition1-3.jpg (11 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
addition1-3.jpg
11 KB, 300x225
>giving money to "unfinished" products and expecting developers to actually finish them after you give them money

pay a contractor half way through their work and see how they finish it.
>>
lol
>well guys its ok we didnt do what we promised because what we officially marketed as early access was already amazing so there
>>
>>254733072
No hugboxer is ever going to admit that the launcher modified the time and it obvious it will never be fixed because it is working as intended by the devs.
>>
>Buying games before they're made
>With no demos

It's your own fault for being so gullible and complacent.
>>
If you bought this or other early access games you are the cancer killing gaming.

Also, source on the quote, OP? I don't doubt it, just need a link.
>>
>>254733926
It wasn't even marketed as early access. It was marketed as a preorder for a 90% completed game.
>>
>>254734115
How bout that roadmap. Full of fucking lies.
>>
At least the music is good.
>>
>>254734242
Too bad it's constantly interrupted by the godawful battle music
>>
>Buy 4pack for friends
>play for like 2 days
>thisll be great when its done!
>everyone realises it wont be done
>move past it and heal
>read the SA thread that devs post in sometimes
>people calling for tit-horse to be the real AI because itll make the dumb nerds who play this game mad

>literally *everything* about this game is horrible now, from the people who make it, to the people who still play it

Oh well, at least WoD looks g-
>>
>>254733926
Its on the starbound site itself. http://playstarbound.com/
Some thoughts on early access, release dates, the big 1.0
>>
if a /v/irgin was developing a game would he be tempted to ban people on his forum?
understand that calling them niggers back for their criticism like one would normally do so on /v/ isn't really much different from outright shoving people away for dissent

what did that guy that made Risk of Rain do an /agdg/?
>>
>>254734372
Don't worry, Edge of Space will be what Starbound was meant to be!
>>
>>254733918
Read again, I didn't buy it, it was gifted to me.
>>
File: muh20million.jpg (19 KB, 220x236) Image search: [Google]
muh20million.jpg
19 KB, 220x236
The developers are good people and all we have to do is wait for the thick and fast update goy---err guys.
>>
>>254734242
>>254734359
Too bad it's in a shitty game
>>
>>254734639
I'm onto your tricks you dirty merchant.
>>
Eh. I got 50+ hours out of it. For $15, it was worth it. if it ever does hit 1.0, i'll replay it then. Really don't care anyways.
>>
File: 1350453989972.jpg (41 KB, 334x400) Image search: [Google]
1350453989972.jpg
41 KB, 334x400
>Buy Overgrowth.
>Dev makes a changelog video constantly.
>Still Alpha but it's getting there.
>It goes on Steam.
>Dev starts running off to give talks at GDC and running off to gamejam... Every year.
>"Next, I feel I've added enough effects for now and will focus on developing tools to make a proper campaign."
>Last update was two months ago.

It's like every indie dev suddenly decided to become complete bastards.
>>
>>254734567
Can you go low without worrying about radiation?
>>
File: 1386402536164.jpg (163 KB, 1200x684) Image search: [Google]
1386402536164.jpg
163 KB, 1200x684
>no heat mechanics
>freezing mechanics make no sense
>hunger might as well not be there since food is so easy to aquire

Why even bother
>>
>>254734913
How the fuck did you manage to get 50+ hours out of a game with almost no actual content and an absolute shit progression system? do you actually enjoy eating shit I am legitimately concerned for you anon.
>>
>>254735045
The work of one who consorts with beasts!
>>
>>254734242
Quit shitposting this every time this game is brought up.

The music is fez-tier uninspired and generic. It's so bad they give you instruments so you can put in your own midis to cover it up.
>>
>>254731658
How are the starbound devs not thoroughly embarrassed by Terraria?
>>
>>254729984
>Chucklefuck
>literally replying to yourself and not trying to hide it at all
>>
>no mods with Gurren Lagann mechs
>the only mechs you get outside of modding are fucking garbage lame boring disappointing useless bad pieces of shit.
>>
>>254735086
If you get better gear.
>>
>>254735369
because some of their players honestly thing it has more content and better gameplay than terraria

>>254735454
No shit I'm replying to myself sherlock, I'm amazed you had the tiny bit of brain capacity to figure that out. I was furthering the point that I was making in the OP and also bumping the thread.
>>
>>254735506
last time i played, only 1 armor actually improved radiation resistance, did that get fixed?
>>
>>254735189
Same reason I enjoyed Borderlands.
friends

Also (at the time) there were tons of neat hacked servers that were fun as fuck.
>>
>>254735369
Tiy is eternally buttmad at red but won't ever say it publicly.
>>
>>254735652
It goes up in tiers, the Oulander has better than Aluminum. Titanium again has better resistance.
>>
File: I'm gonna carry that weight.jpg (15 KB, 274x110) Image search: [Google]
I'm gonna carry that weight.jpg
15 KB, 274x110
>>254735189
I manage to rack up 130+ hours by just fucking around with mods and not realizing that stupid launcher was still open after going to bed a couple of times.

Yes, I do feel great shame.
>>
>>254730341
I would rather EA tell me that the new Battlefield game is a hardly working piece of shit upfront than them release it as a full game. Oh no, two shitty companies are going to use it, guess gaming is fucked.
>>
File: ocdonotsteal.png (266 KB, 1275x1666) Image search: [Google]
ocdonotsteal.png
266 KB, 1275x1666
>>254735369
Because Tiy has millions of dollars in his pocket, fucks molly until she ahegaos, and then fucks the dog with the massive boner he got over swindling autists.

He literally doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>254736210
And again, so is Sony. Like it or not these are two very big names in gaming, and anybody paying any attention to the top sellers on steam will have seen that early access games have been high on that list for a VERY long time.

Like it or not early access is a massive success and where the money goes, the money-hungry devs go too. You can choose to put your fingers in your ears and ignore the problem or you can wake up and realise that this can seriously impact the gaming industry in a huge way and There is probably nothing we can do about it.
>>
Its just weird you know. How many updates for Terraria have come out since Starbound? 2? Hw can chuckle be so slow? They made a ton of money so they must have hired people to work on the game and pump out updates faster. It feels like they are just fucking around the offices and not working hard.
>>
>>254736597
>Because Tiy has millions of dollars in his pocket, fucks molly until she ahegaos, and then fucks the dog with the massive boner he got over swindling autists.

Only two of these three things are true.
>>
>>254736636
>Like it or not early access is a massive success and where the money goes
Ok, so the shitty devs will use Early Access while the good ones will continue releasing complete games or use it properly. Either way nobody's forcing me to buy the game in Early Access, I can just wait for the full release, and if it's shit I can just move on.
>>
>>254736783

The dog fucking and the millions?
>>
>>254731658
not to mention Tiy used fucking Final Fantasy sprites for the PCs when he was still working on Terraria
>>
File: 1395996045031.gif (269 KB, 234x249) Image search: [Google]
1395996045031.gif
269 KB, 234x249
>>254737246
>>
At this rate I think it's safe to say that Terraria 2 will be out before Starbound is ever finished
>>
Just stick with Terraria.
I prefer its aesthetics.
>>
>>254737458
More like that Starbound will be declared finished. The only update that comes out is the one that changes the version to reflect that decision.
>>
ChuckleFish was a Jew and we all bought it anyway
>>
>>254735092
>Starbound summed up in one image
>>
>>254737651

Same. I think Starbound looks really ugly.
>>
>>254736636
Early Access wouldn't work well on consoles, though, which is still where a lot of the big publishers are, outside of mobile games, which also have issues with Early Access.
It's primarily going to be a problem with PC-only releases. Everything else isn't going to change.
>>
How is Edge of Space? Is it better than Starbound or worse?
>>
>>254729552
>As Starbound stands, our sharing of our future plans aside, it could leave early access and be an entirely reasonable stand alone game.

You know what? WHATEVER. Let him rest on that and let all the little kiddies sucking his dick defend him. Eventually even they will grow the fuck up and see just how rused they were. They aren't a "Chucklefish Defense Force", not in the long term at least. In the long term they're the ones who will wake the fuck up and tear Chucklefish the fuck down. They are a mob of torches and pitchforks just waiting to happen.

Let Tiy have his little cop out victory, He'll get his one day
>>
>>254738429
Minecraft sold very well on consoles, not only that but exactly how would early access not work well on consoles? from what I have seen of the console community they would eat it up.
>>
>>254738516
I want to say it's not really any better, but I'm constantly told it's "better" when I post my screenshots.

I absolutely HATE the progression through monster drops.
>>
>>254736636

With all the recent scams i dont think Early Access will continue being successful for a long time unless steam adds some rules to prevent those scams. If it keeps going like this people will stop trusting the system.
>>
>>254736597
>Because Tiy has millions of dollars in his pocket
Not really. Tiy is completely shit with money.
If I recall correctly he spent most of his money buying a large office in the middle of London, and paid to bring all the devs out there to work. I wouldn't be surprised if Chucklefish and Tiy are bankrupt by the end of next year.
>>
File: MFI-RM-1114.jpg (19 KB, 221x255) Image search: [Google]
MFI-RM-1114.jpg
19 KB, 221x255
>>254729552
The really sad thing about the whole Starbound disaster is that people will continue to buy into early access, and devs will continue to pull this cashgrab nonsense.

People will never learn, and there's always a new batch of impressionable teenagers who 'want to support something that has a lot of potential.' Just read any of the reviews of early access games that are positive and it's always the same shit.
>>
>>254738776
Thing is steam did the exact opposite and added a rule that early access games won't necessarily ever end up being finished.

Not to mention there have indeed been very many recent scams but the community just keep eating it up, look at DayZ, Rust, Minecraft, Starbound, it just boggles the mind how the hell these games get so popular and every time a new early access game gets released it jumps to the top of the top sellers list and stays there for a LONG time.

I don't understand it at all, it is THE most consumer unfriendly thing to have happened for as long as I can remember. which admittedly isn't very long, but still.

And yet the consumers eat it up like five-star restaurant food despite it being gutter trash with a fine coat of paint.
>>
File: 1389798910285.jpg (11 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
1389798910285.jpg
11 KB, 250x247
>>254739006
Post your face when Chucklefuck files for bankruptcy in 2015 and hasn't updated Starbound since then, and calls it 'released'.

Never EVER updated.
>>
>>254739006
How would they blow 10M+? Actually don't answer that, those fags would find a way spend too fast.
>>
>>254739254
It will happen SOON ™.
>>
>>254731409

;_;
>>
>>254739217

I blame youtube lets plays. They can play whatever piece of shit and as long as they scream enough kids ands teens like it and buy the games. Just look at Goat Simulator. Holy shit.
>>
>>254739508
>How would they blow 10M+?
Do you know how much money it costs to rent an office in the middle of London, much less live near said office?
They're going to blow all their money on living expenses, not to mention their "high life" mentality will cause them to blow through the rest on who knows what (probably cars and shit).

Dude's going to go from a millionaire to horribly in debt. Just another example of someone becoming New Money without having any self-restraint. It's why Old Money people always laugh at New Money.
>>
>>254739947
While that is not the entire problem, it is definitely a large factor.
>>
>paying money for a half finished game
Steambeciles, ladies and gents.
>>
This is what happens. AAA or Indie, if consumers don't demand a certain level of effort or quality for their money, developers aren't going to put it in.

For the developer to actually come out and say this though is complete fucking garbage, though.
>>
>>254729552

Source?
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 1280x720
>mfw Terraria gets a space update and does space exploration better than Starbound ever did in their 20 years of development.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 228x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 228x215
>>254740384
>ladies and gents
*tip tip*
>>
>>254741179
Starbound has space exploration?
>>
>>254741389

You can select planets and shit. Thats about it. The spaceship never moves.
>>
>>254741126
http://playstarbound.com/some-thoughts-on-early-access-release-dates-the-big-1-0/

or if you'd rather not give them a hit:
http://www.donotlink.com/pT9
>>
>>254741179
Here's to hoping Red makes it so you actually have to travel to the moon, and expands the space map portion so that it is as wide and deep as the main planet, and you can fly around "360 space-shooter style"(space has it's own creature set that you can dogfight with) looking for small asteroids, other types of space debris, and of course, the moon itself.

He probably won't make it all like that, but one can dream.
>>
>>254741389
You can to moons, asteroid fields and orher planets.

And they managed to be lame.
>>
>>254741868
except it does.
>>
>>254742556
I think he means you can't fly around freely. The jump animation that plays is like a glorified loading screen.
>>
I disagree with most of the faggots in this thread.

Comparing Starbound to Terraria isn't accurate. Terraria has shit sprites with shit animations running on a shit engine with a shit GUI. Starbound in it's current state may have less content than Terraria, but the quality is not even on the same level. The high-level artwork, animations, audio, and lore of Starbound take far more time to implement than the shitty assets in Terraria. Starbound is still in development and I see it being updated into the future. At some point I hope it will have as much content as Terraria. If it ever makes it that far, Terraria will look like shit in comparison because of the difference in quality and effort.
>>
>>254744105
I'll give you a 3/10 for trying, but you really failed to convince me you weren't intentionally trolling when you actually implied starbound had high-level artwork, animations, audio, and lore.
>>
>>254744105
Tiy pls go
>>
File: 1385878362587.gif (626 B, 110x130) Image search: [Google]
1385878362587.gif
626 B, 110x130
>>254744105
You sure look good with those dicks in your mouth. Starbound can be as pretty as it wants; it'll still be a polished turd.
I'll take game play and content over looks any day.
>>
File: 1402344111034.jpg (30 KB, 290x275) Image search: [Google]
1402344111034.jpg
30 KB, 290x275
>>254744105
>>
File: outpost[1].gif (234 KB, 549x294) Image search: [Google]
outpost[1].gif
234 KB, 549x294
>>254744334
>implying
>>
>>254744105

Dont call me a faggot. Its rude.
>>
>>254744105
That's why Terraria 2 will be released before Starbound is even finished, so how Terraria 1 looks compared to Starbound is moot. Stay mad.
>>
Don't get me wrong it's pretty shit but
>it hasn't updated
You are aware you can opt in for the unstable and nightly builds of the game right? I haven't tried them myself but they are there.
Unless you guys mean complete stable updates.
Or those unstable/nightly builds contain nothing new.
Or I'm being baited.
>>
>>254744715
Oh man, not only is that not anything special whatsoever it isn't even IN the game.

I know you chucklefucks like to suck dick but at least try to suck dick about something that is actually IN the game.
>>
>>254744105
I'm with you as far as quality goes. I like Starbound better than Terraria, even as is.

But Chucklefish is completely fucking retarded and I've lost all faith in them. If Starbound is released in a reasonably complete state, I will be utterly shocked. I was impressed by the beta release, but only because I thought they'd keep working. I don't think they will any more.
>>
File: Ancient_Gold[1].png (710 B, 26x46) Image search: [Google]
Ancient_Gold[1].png
710 B, 26x46
>>254744715
Y-yeah. Terraria is just as good as Starbound.

The assets in Starbound are a fuckload better and therefore take a fuckload longer to create. Be patient and stop being babbys. If you don't like Starbound now, shut the fuck up and wait until it actually releases.
>>
>>254744939
Stable updates. Also I've heard the nightly build is too little to bother with.
>>
>>254744939
very little content is in the unstable builds as well.

>>254745086
Tiy go actually develop your goddamn game instead of shitposting on /v/

>>254745047
Impressed by what exactly?
>>
>>254744105
fuck off Omni
>>
>>254745086
I've been waiting for the actual release for quite some time.
I'm done with waiting as
1. it's not coming out
2. it won't be worth it when it comes out
3. the devs don't care, so why should I?
>>
>>254734518
he made a good, complete game.
Also he's asian, not a disrespectful brit fuck. no weeb, btw
>>
>>254745164
>>254745303
Figured as much.
They're taking an awfully long time to accomplish anything. I've seen 1MA's on 4chan progress faster.
>>
Terraria pisses me off. I want to fight all the bosses and get all the cool gear but the game forces me to enter hard mode to get all of that. I do not want to enter hard mode and have to deal with the corruption, crimson and hollow spreading. I just want to chill and do stuff on my own time without that constant worry and pressure of losing the entire world.
>>
>>254745727
Then just seal the hallow and crimon/corruption before it becomes a problem? its pretty simple to do.
>>
File: 1335146944161.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1989) Image search: [Google]
1335146944161.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1989
>tfw I spent fifteen us dollars on this piece of shit
>>
>>254745727
>I don't want the game to be challenging or change things as I progress
>Everything should remain the same as I 'progress' through the game even though that makes no sense!
>>
I'm thinking of getting Terreria for my Vita but I'm not a creative type of person though. Would I still enjoy it just for the dungeon aspects? Is building shit and being creative essential in this game?
>>
>>254729552
>rewriting huge of parts of the game code
>changing a absurd amount of game mechanics
>complete

this faggot is stupid beyond all hell.
>>
>>254745727
If I remember correctly, there are things you can do about that.
There's a gun that lets you quickly turn corruption back into regular.
>>
>>254745961
>Vita
who the fuck plays games like terraria/minecraft on a fucking console, must be so annoying building shit
>>
>>254745961
Yeah, I'm more than sure you'd enjoy it since I don't really build shit besides the small necessary houses for NPC's and I'm not even creative when I build those, just a wooden tower basically. Most of my time is spent exploring and gathering shit, bringing it back to store/craft and then just explore some more. shitloads of content pretty much.
>>
>>254734518
He was generally a cool guy, and usually admitted to any mistakes he made.
He still posts there occasionally and asks for criticism on his new game.
>>
>>254746092
Well he said he was not really interested in building shit, so yeah.
>>
>>254744105
Art is about the only thing Starbound has going, only most of the time. And that's its problem: the game has been overtaken by its artists like so many overambitious indie projects. They don't have enough people actually working on the meat and bones of the game or any competent leadership to tie it all together with a view to getting a 'finished' game out in a reasonable time frame.
>>
>>254744105

Starbound has lore?
>>
File: starboundcontent.png (14 KB, 330x403) Image search: [Google]
starboundcontent.png
14 KB, 330x403
Every one talking shit about starbound are terraria shills

game has more content than terraria has now
>>
>>254746389
You are kidding right anon?
Right?
>>
>>254746389
So do you have the stupid disease or what?
>>
>>254746389
One episode of the A-Team has more content than both of those combined. Right?
>>
>>254746389
bait.
this had to be bait.
i refuse to believe someone is this stupid
>>
>>254746370
Yeah, nice art, but it's a pile of shit.

I love Terraria's content, and the art is just servicable. The music reminds me of something that would be played at a furry convention
>>
>>254746520
>>254746569
>>254746389
Its bait, anon
>>
File: 2014-07-20_00008.jpg (525 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-20_00008.jpg
525 KB, 1920x1080
Meanwhile...

In the Edge of Space...

A far better game with Metroid-like style.

And combat far better than Starbound

And -already has- more content.
>>
>>254746858
>And -already has- more content
Source.
>>
>>254746858
I missed the curse bundle, is it worth 20 bux?
>>
>>254747009

Not even close, wait for the next sale.
>>
Tiy is the perfect example of the type of person you shouldn't give money to

Tiy is the epitome of ineffective management

Tiy needs to be murdered
>>
>>254746858
To be fair, already having more content than starbound isn't saying much.
>>
>>254745086
>The assets in Starbound are a fuckload better and therefore take a fuckload longer to create
They're not all that great, and they're slower than they should be.
Example:
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starbound
>Starbound was formally announced by Tiyuri in February 2012
>Starbound entered beta testing on December 4, 2013
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopeless_Masquerade
>versus fighting game in the Touhou Project game series, announced on 5 October 2012...The final version of the game was released on 26 May 2013
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Dealing_Character
>the full version of the game was released in the 84th Comiket in August 12, 2013
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impossible_Spell_Card
>It was first released in the 11th Hakurei Shrine Reitaisai on May 11, 2014
In the amount of time Chucklefuck faffed about, ZUN made three games that look and sound better. They're more fun and have better replayability too.
And (aside from HM) he made it alone in his spare time as a hobby. There is a team working on Starbound and they have the money to hire more programmers if need be.
There's no excuse for Starbound to take this long to produce absolutely nothing.
>>
>complete game
>can't even rebind keys

what is this guy smoking?
>>
File: a5f26b2b6b[1].png (26 KB, 265x116) Image search: [Google]
a5f26b2b6b[1].png
26 KB, 265x116
>>254735961
I got 300 through the launcher and that I tried to make a mod for the game.

I realized it was shit when I worked on it but it was so easy I did it anyway.
>>
File: 2014-07-20_00002.jpg (192 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-20_00002.jpg
192 KB, 1280x720
>>254746969

How can I give you the source besides linking you to the lastest updates?

It has been updated recently/been updated since the Early Access release.

It was SHIT for a while but they are working a LOT on it...

If you like playing with guns in Terraria this game is the shit, it has no melee weapons, only futuristic guns.

Trust me m8 i have 200 hours of Starbound(games like this tickle my autism) and Edge of Space feels way more "alive" after you get into it.
>>
>>254746858
I mean it look interesting but again all focus seems towards next terraria update and why did I pre-order Starbound.
>>
>>254746858

I cant stand the visuals. Its so ugly and unpleasant to look at i cant play it.
>>
>>254747498

>all focus seems towards next terraria update

Not true, where did u get that info?
>>
>>254747163
>weeb fighting games
2/10
>>
>>254747553

This.

Shit looks gross, yo.
>>
>>254747465
>At least another 24 days until next "BIG" update
>>
>>254747465
Honestly, I'm only thinking about buying it just to spite chucklefuck.
>>
>>254747465
is that a cute fox with a space helmet and a little cute jetpack.
>>
I suppose this travesty isn't ending well at all. I played 80 hours and had fun with some friends, so i got my money's worth, but it's kinda tragic to realize the game doesn't seem like it'll get even close to Terraria's overall awesomeness. At least we can wait for Terraria 2.
>>
>>254747163
Mah nigga, but Hisoutensoku/SWR was better than HM, even though HM was not a bad game, it had a hell of a lot to live up to with Hisou as its previous fighter. It just goes to show you how ZUN, a single guy who actually gives a shit about his content and makes the games out of pure love, can easily make a better game than several people who have all the money/time in the world and simply don't give a fuck.

>>254747654
Wrong, shmups mainly, Games like hisou and HM are spinoffs.
>>
>>254747163
>>254747954
Hell for that matter the Touhou fangames have more content, better presentation, better quality, and are more fun than starbound.
>>
File: 2014-07-24_00001.jpg (312 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-24_00001.jpg
312 KB, 1920x1080
>>254747553

Took me a while to get into, but once you get the art style its pretty cool, especialy the enemies and shit (IMO) its very Metroid-like

also, game play is actually FUN since it is focuse don COMBAT
>>
>>254746858
Not getting duped again. I'll buy it when it gets a full release.
>>
>>254748195
I got more content and fun out of shaking my dick after pissing than Starbound.
>>
>>254747742
Yes

>>254747706
I shit you not their update last week was bigger than any HUGE update starbound ever had. And was just a larger than average patch.
>>
>>254748225
"Combat" = "Shoot guns while jumping about trying not to contact mobs"
>>
>>254748225

Dorf Fort with ASCII looks better than this garbage.
>>
>>254735092
>freezing in the void of space
>drop a campfire or two IN A FUCKING VACUUM
>pick them up
>rinse,repeat
>>
>>254748430
>Re-added mobs
>Added Codex
What else?
>>
File: 1405460660325.png (99 KB, 220x333) Image search: [Google]
1405460660325.png
99 KB, 220x333
>>254736636
You are a dumbass nigger and I will tell you why in 2 simple points.

1. Console players mainly buy consoles because they want something that "just works" and requires pretty much no thought. Selling them a game that is buggy as shit and has little or no content is either going to piss them off immensely or not sell at all.

2. I hope they fucking do it because of the above and the fact that their games are usually shit and it does them no good to show us it is shit way ahead of time. All that money that goes to bribing gaming sites would be wasted if every guy on the block could tell his buddies the game is shit before it ever makes it to review sites.
>>
File: fry_futurama_gun_billy_west.jpg (23 KB, 400x474) Image search: [Google]
fry_futurama_gun_billy_west.jpg
23 KB, 400x474
>>254748483

Mind you, devs are focused on Metroid-like Combat style.

How do you implement this to a Terraria-like game?

Yea it will be pretty much jumping and shooting, as is with Terraria too if you use any gun. Or guess what, any 2d game.
>>
>>254745727
Just create a different world than your home base and unlock hard mode there.
>>
File: 1339609848830.png (7 KB, 355x295) Image search: [Google]
1339609848830.png
7 KB, 355x295
I'm STILL waiting for Voxatron to finish.
>>
>>254748630
I like how you had no actual reasoning and facts behind what you posted but you try to tell me I'm the dumbass when all you have is baseless conjecture at best.

Mind explaining to me why minecraft did so well on consoles despite being a heavily butchered version with less content in general?
>>
>>254748785
It's broken by the large health pools that mobs have. There's not much feeling of "Metroid" at all with a weapon system that it has. It's not very Metroid at all.
>>
File: src_1326418242831.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
src_1326418242831.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>254748614
thatsthejoke

Starbound has no updates.

Still tho, im not selling the game, but this one will actually come out.
>>
>>254749082

Agreed, but at least they are aiming for that. Graphic-like I find it very Metroid-like

Also aiming for controller support in the future so expect it to be more like it too.
>>
File: Really (2).png (41 KB, 276x322) Image search: [Google]
Really (2).png
41 KB, 276x322
>>254749181
Just because it has an update, doesn't mean it added anything interesting. Hell, the mobs were already part of the game.
>>
>>254729552
Just want to say, with meaning, from the bottom of my heart. Fuck /v/. I brought this game because i saw 100 fucking
>"Why aren't you playing Starbound /v/?"
>"Not playing starbound shiggy diggy"
>"Rate my house /v/"
Fuck /v/. Don't get me wrong you recommended some god tier games like Dwarf Fortress and Bloodlines but fuck you for making my give money to greedy fucks who were just going for a cash grab.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/hey-clusterfuck-just-wanted-to-make-a-final-thread-because-you-guys-are-pretty-cool.82382/
Well i did it. Fuck you clusterfish you mother fuckers.
>>
>>254749570
Don't buy into hype. Ever.

At least you learned a valuable lesson.
>>
File: MF S.jpg (37 KB, 450x495) Image search: [Google]
MF S.jpg
37 KB, 450x495
>>254749570
Good job me
>>
>>254749362
In the 20-ish hours I've played I have NOT felt any Metroid vibe.
>>
>>254749710
Well... I did buy Dead State and i don't regret that. They keep in touch and they're going to release the game in a month or so and from what i can tell they actually put work into that shit.
>>
>>254749570
"Alright later man"
Even their moderators don't give a damn shit.
>>
>>254729552
>Paid $15
>Got like a 100 hours out of the beta.

What's the problem. More than what I've gotten out of finished triple A games
>>
>>254749838
lol quickest fucking ban iv ever got. Going to copy paste that shit again.
>>
>>254729552
this is what you get for trusting britbong manchildren
>>
>>254749570
"Waah waah waah, thirty minutes of my life is gone :("
If you're making 30 bucks an hour, why do you give a shit?
>>
>>254749751

>vibe.

who feels vibes? m8 stop smoking marijuanas the graphic sometimes remembers it, at least the devs have some kind of aim for the combat system.
>>
>>254750161
I just want to be mad at something.
>>
>>254750191
Well, they're doing a right real shit job at it.
>>
>>254747465
marketer detected
>>
>>254750478

I wish, I just had big hopes for Starbound and Always wanted a futuristic Terraria.

In fact I think the exploration in Starbound is amazing, thats why I played it so much, a mix of EoS and Starbound would make me go crazy...but we can never have nice things, ever.
>>
>paying for an Early Access game

You retards deserved to be scammed.
>>
But guys, they added character deletion to the game menu today!
>>
>>254729552
Where the fuck is the Novakid? They've promised that we'd be getting that character. Good thing I haven't bought it yet, 'cause buying it under the premise that we'd be getting the character really soon and yet they haven't delivered would suck a lot.
>>
Grand Theft Auto V was released as Early Access. It is still missing content promised before release and has since moved 32.5 million units. It will soon be released on PC, still in Early Access, and sell millions more.
>>
>>254751594
Novakids are currently in the works. They are playable, but they are still working on ships, furniture, books, food, dialogue, etc., etc.
>>
File: Nightly.jpg (169 KB, 583x681) Image search: [Google]
Nightly.jpg
169 KB, 583x681
>>254751594
>>
>>254751870
And how long has it been? More than 7 months now since it entered beta right?

Shit man how fucking slow can they be? This is a recurring problem with early access games. Once they get the money, things slow down to a crawl.
>>
File: tricksterr.png (21 KB, 366x476) Image search: [Google]
tricksterr.png
21 KB, 366x476
>>254746389
>>254746389
>>
File: 2014-07-21_00001.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-21_00001.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
>>
Acceptable Early Access game:
>Gnomoria
you add the rest
>>
File: 6XBHm.jpg (27 KB, 256x279) Image search: [Google]
6XBHm.jpg
27 KB, 256x279
>>254752496
>12 gigs
Why tho?
>>
>>254753323
Grim Dawn

I've had it since before it went on Steam
>>
>gaming died
>because some shitty indie game is a scam
c'mon faggot, you're being a drama queen
>>
>>254753323
Scratch off Gnomoria and add Tabletop Sim.
>>
Red of Terraria is a master programmer. he compressed all of the assets down into ~65mb while the Starbound team doesn't compress anything and all of the assets are PNG's, which is one of the reasons the game's size is so bloated (uncompressed audio is another reason).
>>
>Starbound thread

>whole thread asscrushing Starbound while praising Terraria

iamokaywiththis.pcx

Lunar Update for Terraria when?
>>
Idiots who stare at a game going "shut up and take my money," preordering it just to play beta, beta doesn't get updated, hop on 4chan and be angry

lesson? play something else and stop throwing money at shit that doesn't exist.
>>
File: 1380182631841.jpg (42 KB, 335x380) Image search: [Google]
1380182631841.jpg
42 KB, 335x380
>>254753672
>mfw playing GD as a melee character
>>
>>254753729
Not just .pngs, but pre-scaled to larger than they need to be .pngs

all art assets in Starbound are prescaled up to like 400%, it's fucking ridiculous

to be fair, terraria is guilty of this too, but yeah red and his code genius
>>
>>254754010
I like GD. It's actually come a long fucking way.
>>
File: 1400887660158.jpg (64 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1400887660158.jpg
64 KB, 400x400
>>254753964
My friend bought 3 copies for me and another pal so we could play it with him.
I didn't wanna make him feel bad for buying such a lame game.
We had fun, but that's probably because us 3 have good chemistry.
Now it's just sitting in the "isn't fun/runs bad" category of my steam library.
>>
>>254753729
You do know the reason Starbound is huge is because the symbols were left there and debugging shit along with all 3 clients for Mac, Linux, and WIndows.
>>
>>254729552
>Where were you when morons were gullable and stupid
Fixed that for ya. Its your own god damned fault for trusting them and not causing enough of a fuss about the lack of patches.
>>
>>254753165
Do critters actually try to fuck up your base in this? Or are they mindless shitters that wander around doing nothing?
>>
File: 67-PressSquareToWhatever.gif (436 KB, 258x272) Image search: [Google]
67-PressSquareToWhatever.gif
436 KB, 258x272
I wish I was good at modding. I have so making fucking good ideas to expand Starbound even though the game is technically dead.
>>
>>254754650
> gullable and stupid
>gullable

Anon pls.

But I agree with you. Starbound's just one of the reasons why I can never support early access games
>>
>tfw you liked the concept
>tfw you even ended up a furry sex mod that was the top mod on nexus for quite a while
>tfw you cant even bring yourself to update it because how shit the game is and all the broken promises

It hurts man
>>
Which one is the bigger fuck up? Starbound or Cubeworld.
>>
>>254755286

I know that feeling. The game could be improved dramatically just by changing the first 10 minutes of play.
>>
File: 1406151640000.jpg (171 KB, 1215x809) Image search: [Google]
1406151640000.jpg
171 KB, 1215x809
Chucklefish even got caught reviewing games they publish.
>>
File: GE Punch.gif (470 KB, 249x217) Image search: [Google]
GE Punch.gif
470 KB, 249x217
>>254755286
It wasn't that hard to mod, I've never modded before and I was still able to do pic related.

Don't bother anymore though, it's not worth it.
>>
>>254755495
I really like the concept of the game too, including the lore, the rivalry between some of the races and the responses you get from them.

If it was polished a whole lot more, and kept their fucking promises, it would have been a very enjoyable game. But that's not going to happen.
>>
>>254755847
Cubeworld has 2 people working on it.
>>
>>254755847
Starbound, the Cubeworld is working on it but at a very slow rate since it's what he does when he's not doing his main job.

Starbound is going nowhere while the developers manage to turn most of their community against them.
>>
>>254755881
Why the hell would they even think about reviewing their own game?

Have they ever heard of the phrase "conflict of interest"?
>>
>>254756036
They don't have the decency to think of that.

Shortly after that screenshot they shat themselves and deleted the review.
>>
>>254755897
Did you just added a stand ?

I wish this wasnt so dead it worse than Cortex Command.
>>
Why don't the different races have traits that change gameplay?
>>
Early Access is an excellent way to destroy both your reputation and your career fast. If you jump in it while your game is an a very early stage you better have a plan with documentation ready or else thats it. You are done. Cant complete the game because of shit you didnt see coming or it turns out you are not talented enough and the fans will tear you apart limb by limb.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211820/

Dem reviews.
>>
File: fuck dis guy.gif (502 KB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
fuck dis guy.gif
502 KB, 294x233
>>254756225
Added a buncha stands, but all I ended up doing with them is fucking with multiplayer servers.

I just set them to spawn boss monsters when they attacked and it worked even when the server didn't have the mod, fucking glorious.
>>
File: SKyxOtr.jpg (639 KB, 3625x3447) Image search: [Google]
SKyxOtr.jpg
639 KB, 3625x3447
>>254756735
>Hylotls still can't breathe underwater.
>>
>>254756735
Because it'd be too hard for all the Billies

wrong general oops :^)
>>
>>254756023

Meanwhile /v/ keeps sucking Chucklfish's cock supporting Risk of Rain.

Some things have to be sacrified, you cant touch anything with their name on it

captcha knows: ndonly pure
>>
>>254756883

Cick postive tab and negative tab. There are waaaay more positive reviews. People who dislike the game are just very loud. The majority loves the game. Starbound its a good game.
>>
>>254757242
>Some things have to be sacrified, you cant touch anything with their name on it
Halfway is going pretty badly, it's highest peak was 189 players and it's peak within the last day is 96.

That's for a game that's been out for three or so days.
>>
>>254753664
uncompressed hipster formating
>>
I enjoyed Starbound.

In fact, I made a mod for it. A sex mod. A futa sex mod, specifically. When I was fucking around with the lua I accidentally made the cum projectile glow as a light source. I never fixed it and now when I'm exploring dark caves I just jizz on the walls so I can see.
>>
Some guy on /v/ bought me this game for Christmas, if I paid for it I'd be hella mad that the game is like 12% completed.
>>
File: 1358329662419.jpg (125 KB, 729x900) Image search: [Google]
1358329662419.jpg
125 KB, 729x900
Remember to use your brain and do your research before spending your money on anything
>>
>>254757242
Chucklefuck published RoR, they developed Starbound, very different things.
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 485x63) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 485x63
>check out Terraria reviews
>see this

Fucking how? This is more than i have spent in every mmo i have played combined.
>>
>>254756951
It look so fun to play as my fav JoJo in space !

To bad the game is so fucked up thanks to Tiy.
>>
>>254757846
He must have played through each update 5 times or something.
>>
File: 1404918955975.jpg (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1404918955975.jpg
21 KB, 500x500
>>254746389

Holy shit, made me comment, 8/10 .

maximum bait
>>
>>254757642
link to that shit?
>>
>Meanwhile

Creator of Terraria Redigit said :

>"When I made Terraria, I did it in four months, and I think I only paid, like, not very much – and that was just for the sound. So I'd like to be able to do something similar with Terraria 2. My personal preference is that I never be in a position where I need to get money to fund my projects."

while Starbound got millions of shekels now
>>
File: 1294604467805.jpg (153 KB, 800x568) Image search: [Google]
1294604467805.jpg
153 KB, 800x568
>mfw the old ass character creator has more content than the early access game
I just wanted that fucking Zaku face but you just had to fuck up didn't you. How hard is it to put shit from your character creator that you put out months before release into the early access version of you game?
>>
>>254758018

Didn't upload it anywhere and I don't intend to. I modded an already-popular mod (BwC) to add in futa models, some more poses, and particle effects.
>>
>>254757817

still giving money to the same company.

RoR Devs made a huge mistake, too bad for them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 102

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.