[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No online = No Buy You sure do hate money, Nintendo!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: Untitled17.png (592 KB, 780x400) Image search: [Google]
Untitled17.png
592 KB, 780x400
>No online = No Buy
You sure do hate money, Nintendo!
>>
I wouldn't mind the no online if it actually played like Mario Party is supposed to be played.
>>
>>254582837
Mario Party is about playing with friends.

No online is just killing it's purpose
>>
>>254582954

>not having friends in the same room as you

That's where all the fun is. Sitting on Skype playing Mario Party does not sound like an enjoyable experience.
>>
>>254583167
>Sitting on Skype playing Mario Party does not sound like an enjoyable experience.
So every single online game is not an enjoyable experience?
>>
>>254582607
is the new mario party going to do that stupid train thing? where all the characters move together
>>
>>254583276
Yeah they are.
>>
>>254583382
but why? does the Japanese audience actually enjoy it?
>>
>>254583167
Piss off you delusional drone. PC gaming is the most popular way to play games on earth, and Nintendo is stymieing itself with an arrogant aversion to the internet
>>
>>254583453
I'm not sure about that. But Nintendo never listens to it's consumers.
Remember when Reggie said we didn't affect them?
>>
File: 1405580592609.gif (3 MB, 445x247) Image search: [Google]
1405580592609.gif
3 MB, 445x247
>>254583479
>PC gaming is the most popular way to play games on earth
>>
>>254582954
Half the fun is choking your friends after they steal your coins or stars. You can't kill people over the internet.
>>
>>254583245
>>254583479

>a game where the purpose is to dick over your friends can be an enjoyable online experience.

I just don't see how. I enjoy playing Mario Kart online because it's about competing. That's when games are fun.

Would Mario Party have a random mode? Can't see that going over well because people would get assmad and disconnect. Also games would take hours long and some people can't commit to that when they want to play a game online for a little bit.
>>
>>254583654
Sure, when I was 5.
>>
When will Nintendo join the 21st century?
>>
>>254583872
>What is Mario Kart 8

Not every game needs to have online to be successful.
>>
>>254583820
so now that you're six you can kill people over the internet?
>>
>>254582607
>MPplayer1 goes forward three spaces
>MPplayer1 found a hidden block!
>MPplayer1 recieved a star!
>MPplayer2 has left the game

yeah, great going
>>
>>254582837
Hudson just had to be absorbed into Konami.
>>
>>254583991
It's a checkbox that a piece of shit game journalist can't hold against the game, now many will.
>>
They literally don't know what to do with the series anymore.

Here's a fucking game pitch that will sell:

>Character roster is exactly that of Mario Golf World Tour
>seven or eight boards
>All boards are flashback boards, one taken from every MP from MP 1-8
>Mini games are a mixture of old and new ones like Shy Guy Says and Platform Peril
>Online like MGWT with communities and custom rules available
>DLC hats like in MP2

There, literally a seller and some DLC shenanigans to top it off.
>>
Mario Party is a couch game. Playing it online sounds obnoxious as fuck. Especially with strangers. It's all about your friend stealing your coins and calling him a catfucking Jewbag. That's the heart of Mario Party.
>>
>>254584360
Are you really fucking defending this?
Maybe it's 12 at night and I don't feel like leaving, How can I play with my friends?
>>
>>254584360
>Playing it online sounds obnoxious as fuck

Nobody cares what you think faggot
>>
Play local like a normal person. Get some friends.
>>
>>254583453
>>254583382
>>254583276
no, the train is just for hte Bowser party mode,
>>
>>254582607

Cuz I'd REALLY like to play MP with a bunch of ragebabbies who are gonna quit as soon as someone gets lucky. At least if your friend next to you spergs out you can kick their shit in.
>>
File: skaterdie.gif (739 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
skaterdie.gif
739 KB, 500x313
>Play online
>Ragequitting every other turn
Sounds fun anon.
>>
>>254584818
>>254584745
I want to play with my friends over WiFi
What if I don't live near them and vise versa?
Fuck off, drones. Also, Fortune Street had online playability and it's game is almost twice as long as Mario Party
>>
>>254584360
Why NOT have an online option, for those of us with friends who are far away
>>
File: 1405714367840.jpg (47 KB, 487x432) Image search: [Google]
1405714367840.jpg
47 KB, 487x432
>>254584906
see
>>254584916

>mfw Mario Party will never, EVER get my money
>>
>drones defending lack of features again
there is something called options, it makes everyone happy.
>>
>>254584916

Mario Party sucks ass now anyway, don't even bother, I'm just saying Online would be stupid unless you have friends to do it with, even then I'd rather play with them in person while we're drunk or something.
>>
>>254583648
it is though
that gif is qt as fuck btw
>>
>online for a game that lasts so I longer I rarely finished it locally

and don't forget MP sucks now
>>
>>254582607
>people disconnecting when they lose
>>
It'd be inexcusable if there was no Online with mic support with added friends
Random matchup wouldn't work unless it was some minigame competition but considering the Wii U has a non retarted friend system making board games unplayable with added friends would be a kick in the nards.
>>
>>254584906
>>254584818
>>254584089
Mario Kart also has rage quitters.

The game automatically turns them into CPUs.
>>
>>254585390
Let me just ask you a question?

Did you even read the thread?
>>
File: 1376100513616.jpg (20 KB, 605x454) Image search: [Google]
1376100513616.jpg
20 KB, 605x454
Sauce on this not having online?

What the fuck? Me and my buds were looking forward to playing this online. We grew up playing Mario Party together, and now that we're getting out of college two of my friends are moving cross-country.

The only way we can play now is online. Man if this is true fuck MP10. We'll just have to duke it out on Smash then.
>>
File: ????????????????.jpg (80 KB, 417x600) Image search: [Google]
????????????????.jpg
80 KB, 417x600
>>254584916
>mfw I just bought Fortune Street for $17 online because there was no way I was paying $50 for a Wii game at Target
>mfw reading the differences between Easy gameplay and Standard gameplay

I was gonna get my friends to try it out, but I think the whole Districts and Stocks thing would scare them first time out. Easy casual mode it is
>>
>>254584510
Don't play a fucking party game then, dweeb. It's not a competitive title. When some guy in Turkey steals your star out of dumb luck, you won't give even a remote shit. When it's your roommate and you've thrown back a few? NOW it means something. NOW you give a shit.

>>254584657
Oh gosh, sorry. I thought I was in a discussion board.
>>
>>254585502

Too bad recent MP games suck tho, why would you even want to play them?
>>
>>254585632
isnt there a n64 online emulator?
>>
>>254583167

You must have some shit online friends, or none at all.

The laughs I've had with some of these dudes cannot be replaced.
>>
>Mario Party
>Online
Jesus fucking Christ, kids these days.
>>
Yeah.
Watching Nintendo is sad.
They make one right move and then follow it with a wrong move, and even when they try they fuck up.
MK8 has only been amazing thanks to the online, and even that is fucked up. Trying to play with a friend is a nightmare because it is not possible to queue online together as a party to play with other people out there.
I try playing with friends a lot and I try joining his games and he tries joining my games and often the games are full so we have to leave that game and join another one over and over.
And it doesn't help that the online is so unstable so one of us or both often get kicked out a lot, and then we have to restart the whole process of looking for a game we can join together.
I personally cut Nintendo some slack because at least they are trying online but the game would have been way more enjoyable if the online actually worked better the way most normal games do.

And whenever they release a multiplayer game without online, or a co op game without online, it's just so frustrating to see because there goes another game with potential that will never get a chance to be the best it could have been.
For their own good they really ought to issue a company wide initiative to improve online, learn how it works, how to integrate it and leave no multiplayer game left with lacking online.
>>
>>254582607
Someone would get mad and just sit and waste everyone's time.
>>
File: 1401754558758.gif (634 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1401754558758.gif
634 KB, 250x188
>A game built around trolling your friends as Bowser combined with the rage of actually playing a Mario Party game

How has Nintendo not been put on trial for crimes against humanity yet?
>>
>wanting to mario party online
i can understand with distanced friends but holy fuck have you played mario party? there would be so much hatred, so much trolling, so much 12 year olds, allnd if there was voicechat, the swears would be so creative and offensive and abusive
>>
>>254585120

It pisses me off for osme reason. He head moves around WAY to much
>>
>>254586209
There would never be voice chat. It's a Mario game, they could never get away with allowing voice chat.
>>
File: 1405543697858.jpg (17 KB, 395x351) Image search: [Google]
1405543697858.jpg
17 KB, 395x351
>tfw bingo mode in pikmin 3 is inaccessible to me since no friends
>mfw drones keep defending lack of online features in these games
>>
>>254586120
The best part is that they're just making the gun, it's you who fires it.
>>
>>254586120
They found a way to make mario party fun...
for one person out of 5
>>
>>254586120
There's a bowser mode and a normal mode and still, even the bowser mode would be very fun with other people.
>>
>>254582607
>Wanting to play with complete strangers who rage quit after one round.

Also the games are like Glacial in pace. Its like playing Talismen online, and like Talismen 3/4ths of the fun is actually playing with friends.
>>
It would be alright with friends, but the random game mode would be disconnect city.
If somebody is losing, they're going to disconnect halfway through.
>>
>Wanting to kill off couch games even more
>>
>>254583579
No.
Please remind me.
>>
>>254585502
A race doesn't last as long as a party, not to mention how 12 players is more than 4. You'd have to have guys that you know aren't going to ragequit and stick it through, otherwise you'll end up playing with yourself.
>>
>>254583167
To you, maybe. But, plenty of people would enjoy it a lot. Are you saying options are bad?
>>
>>254582607
How can you not understand 10+ mario party games later that a MP game with online can't work?
>>
>>254586768
>adding features is bad
>>
>>254586120
>Mario Party 10 releases
>Aggravated homicide increases 20%
>>
>>254586714
People don't disconnect of games that often.
Some do but it's not the most common thing, and that doesn't stop online from working.
It's certainly a new approach to multiplayer that Nintendo has not mastered, not even grasped, but it's an essential part now and a lot of work can go into making it work the best it can.
I figure for a game like mario party if they wanted online with random strangers they'd have to work around it somehow, either make it a modified version of the game that is only minigames over and over so people can join and leave and be replaced by other people and the party keeps going and it just records the player stats and stuff but there's no long term board game or it would need some sort of way to integrate people quitting and joining into the main game like averaging the amount of coins and stars for newcomers so they start in a balanced position.
I've been in game lobbies for hours and hours and hours, random lobbies that turn out good and I just stick around and other people do too, so it's not like people can't stick for a long game but some will leave and others will rejoin and that's something to deal with.
>>
>>254583167
confirmed for sheltered weirdo
>>
>>254587321
>it's an essential part now
I'd disagree with this.
I like online play as much as the next guy, but online multiplayer is about as essential as the ability to record and replay game footage in game. It's a perk, not a necessity.
>>
>the days of couch co-op is gone
>mario party NEEDS to have online
>no more smash brothers battles in the same room
>no more champions of norrath couch co-op
>no more castle crashers couch co-op
I hate this world more than anything right now
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Z6BxMGX2U#t=4329

This is your average Mario Party game.
>>
>>254587762
Online is definitely an essential part of multiplayer now, not for Nintendo of course since they are still kind of in the past but for the rest of the industry online is multiplayer and a multiplayer game with no online is just unthinkable.
>>
>>254588086
No it's not.
There is nothing about modern video games that "requires" online more than it did 20 years ago.
>>
>>254587321
>People don't disconnect that often

Never played a MOBA, or Halo 2/3, I take it?

Most people not defending online aren't saying that it shouldn't be implemented, just that it would be a complete waste of resources because of how much of a couch game it is. Being with others in person for this kind of game doubles, maybe triples, the fun.

>but it's an essential part now
Not for these kinds of games, I'd argue.
>>
>>254588086
>a multiplayer game with no online is just unthinkable.

I am now waiting for people to bitch that Tales of games have no online.
>>
Just play Mario Party 4 and 5 using Dolphin netplay. I'm in Canada and I play with people in Cali, FL and even some dude form the UK with no lag or desync.

Dolphin is amazing and at native res, you could run that shit on a freaking laptop.
>>
>Mario Party 10
>10
>>
>>254583167
>Sitting on Skype playing Mario Party does not sound like an enjoyable experience.
You've never done it, so how would you know?
I've played with a bunch of people over netplay and it's just as enjoyable.
>>
>>254583792
>Also games would take hours long and some people can't commit to that when they want to play a game online for a little bit.
http://youtu.be/ZnzSErFA3gA?t=3m58s
>>
File: getoutjew.jpg (134 KB, 752x711) Image search: [Google]
getoutjew.jpg
134 KB, 752x711
>hadn't played a mario party since mp5
>bought this on a whim a while back, expecting it to play the same as the others
>my imagery when all the maps are like one long race track, with no star/coin based gameplay, resulting in some real mundane shit

at least the mini games aren't too bad
>>
>>254588675
It certainly wouldn't be AS fun, because you can't beat the shit out of each other for stealing stars, especially while drunk/high.
>>
Wait, are they seriously not planning to put online in? I can understand wanting to keep couch multiplayer a thing, but holy fuck get with the times. I've never even played Mario Party much and this is a retarded decision.
>>
>>254588315

The most played multiplayer games are built around online now.

MOBAS depend on everyone having an individual screen, one of the most played online games, completely 100% based on online.
Shooters have been based on online for a long time with huge maps that take 16,30 or even 60 players at the same time, the second biggest form of multiplayer games at the moment.
MMO's, come on, no more explanation needed.

Old genres have all stepped into online as well. Third person action games with online, racing games and even fighting games despite the difficulties involved with lag have all made the jump to online.

Online and multiplayer are a synonym for the whole industry except Nintendo.
Local online is a thing now, it's how people refer to non online multiplayer.
It's a feature that some games still keep and it certainly has its niche but it is not a default part of the multiplayer experience anymore.
I'm not saying this to infuriate anyone but simply because it is the truth.
>>
>>254588919

bought island tour* on a whim, i mean. didn't look at the op pic properly.
>>
>Mario Party online
>assholes just quit the game if they're losing

Yeah, Mario Party online sure sounds like a great idea
>>
>>254588938
I'm sorry I'm not a fucking chimpanzee.
>>
>>254588938
Is that a normal thing?
Does everyone play games while intoxicated and physically assaulting friends?
>>
>Mario Party
>Online

Oh god no, I might as well be playing with AI.

If a nigga ain't in the room with me laughin it up, what's the fuckin point?
>>
>>254589091
Make it so you can't quit...like Jumanji but with less evil.
>>
>>254589232
>>254589091
Are you even fucking reading the thread?
>>
>>254589246
Online games would need a shorter lifespan but as long as they don't go past 20 minutes a simple penalty on quitting is usually enough to stop most people from leaving games.
If people can stay for a whole lol or dota match they can stay a whole mario party game.
>>
>>254589264
Not everyone is a PCfag that worships multiplayer everything. Fuck, you'd probably boycott Zelda if Hyrule Warriors doesn't have online.

Which it won't.
>>
>>254589059
>The most played multiplayer games are built around online now.
This does not in any way imply that online is essential for multiplayer now. You might as well say that most modern cars are built around automatic transmission, therefore automatic transmission is essential for modern cars. It's an asinine suggestion.

Using genres like MOBAs and MMOs which were created online to be played online as an argument is ridiculous.

Online is a perk for almost any genre, not a necessity.
>>
>>254588938
But, I don't think beating people up is fun. I like to play the game. That's fun. You don't get to decide what others should think.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
I miss the way mp use to be. I miss seeing DK being a playable character.... Idk y he's been cut.
>>
>>254589506
Yeah you're not reading the thread.
>>
>>254589198
Is there any other way to play Mario Party?
>>
File: 1405435157880.gif (499 KB, 450x296) Image search: [Google]
1405435157880.gif
499 KB, 450x296
>>254583654

>HAVING ONLINE AUTOMATICALLY MEANS THAT THERE IS NO LOCAL MULTIPLAYER
>you in charge of logic

Well I'll be fucked, how did they make Mario Kart and Smash?
>>
>>254589506
How will it affect you if the option to play online was in a Mario Party game? Would it suddenly be ruined for you or something? Do you hate it when people that are not you and your friends can enjoy a video game?
>>
I don't give a shit about online. I wouldn't touch that shit since it removes half the fun of fucking Mario Party.

As long as they don't do like most companies and go ditching local multiplayer, I'm fine.
>>
>>254589059
>Local online is a thing now, it's how people refer to non online multiplayer
No it's not. Online here specifically refers to access over an internet connection. If it's not transmitting through an ISP, it's not online (I say "Online here" because the term "online" has a lot of meanings, most of which meaning something along the lines of "powered up and ready for use").
>>
>>254589864
They didn't say that at all. They wouldn't be upset if it had online. The suggestion is that it's pointless, because nobody will want to play online after dealing with ragequitters for a week, and also that this whole culture of "if it doesn't have online multiplayer it's a shit game" is going way too fucking far.
>>
Has nintendo actually said there will not be online?
>>
>>254590213
Sorry, I meant "local multiplayer" is a thing now, as in playing with people not through the internet.
Guess I accidentally said online when I meant to say multiplayer.

>>254589665

Can you mention any relevant multiplayer games that don't thrive first and foremost on online in 2014?
Any big game focused on multiplayer that does not have online?
>>
Online Mario Party would be a clusterfuck of lag, idiots rage quitting, and morons going AFK randomly. It's not an ideal game for online play.
>>
File: 1405470392655.png (113 KB, 219x281) Image search: [Google]
1405470392655.png
113 KB, 219x281
>>254588907
This is the truth right here
>>
>>254582837
I wouldn't care if the board game was a race if Nintendo gave us online minigames.
>>
File: 1405049964731.jpg (44 KB, 396x340) Image search: [Google]
1405049964731.jpg
44 KB, 396x340
>>254590796
Mario Party
>>
>>254591080
Oh you ! I said relevant.
>>
>>254590406
>The suggestion is that it's pointless, because nobody will want to play online after dealing with ragequitters for a week
I would play with my friends who wouldn't quit

>also that this whole culture of "if it doesn't have online multiplayer it's a shit game"
I've owned 7 installments of Mario Party. Now that I have friends that are countries and oceans across from me, any Mario Party game that doesn't have online is worthless to me. And I can already play the ones I own if I have people come over.
I'm disappointed when any multiplayer game doesn't have online. For example I was disappointed when Pikmin 3 or Super Mario 3D World didn't have online, but I wouldn't call them shit games because they had other things to offer. I already have 7 Mario Party games to play with people near me, and I want just ONE that I can play with my friends from across the world. And until Nintendo makes one, every Mario Party released will be completely worthless to me.
>>
>>254591274
Pickmin 3 was not shit but it was such a massive waste of potential.
The game could really shine a lot with multiplayer because it has a lot of interesting mechanics. They didn't even try though.
I wish it was out on PC and people could mod it, it's the kind of game that with some tweaks could be a very fun multiplayer experience.
But even a standard default mode would have been fun. 4 player big map, have some enemies around, put in some sort of goal for the match and then let people go around collecting and fighting.
I love the Pickmin approach to RTS.
>>
>>254582837
>>254582954
>>254582607
>ever playing Mario Party without people in the same room as you
>ever ever

That said, who said it doesn't have online? Also, I wish Bowser party didn't have the cars, fuck that thing.
>>
>>254592413
>Pickmin
I would love to engage in a conversation with you about Pikmin but you need to drop that.
>>
>>254592413
>pickmin
>>
Personally I don't mind the no online.
If it were added, that would be cool, but if not, whatever.
Mario Party is best played with friends in the same room.
>>
>>254592738
>>254592790
Oh right, it is Pikmin.
I always get confused with that.
>>
>>254584101
The Mario Party guys at Hudson moved over to Nintendo a while before that.
>>
>>254592990
It's alright man. It's just a pet peeve I got after browsing Miiverse too long. Anyway yeah, I would love it if they made a multiplayer focused Pikmin game. Hell, rip the multiplayer from 3, add more modes and maps, make it 4 player, give it online and release it on the eShop for like $15. I would buy it.
>>
Damn shame, I netplay the original three games over Project64 all the time.
>>
>>254593513
You can netplay Mario Party? Why the fuck aren't there weekly /v/ games? Why isn't there a game up right fucking know?
>>
>>254593682
Lack of interest. People would rather watch CPU's play Mario Party than organize 4 people over netplay.
>>
Go search a video of Fortune Street online

Its fucking terrible

Nintendo is saving the game by not wasting resources on online
>>
>>254586910

As opposed to what? playing against computers by yourself from the get go? That excuse is stupid.
>>
>>254593682
I'd play but my connection shits itself really fast so you wouldn't have fun with me for longer than about 15 turns.
>>
>>254593682
Most people on /v/ can't port forward I guess.
>>
>>254593682
Do you want input lag or some lag?

In truth, its not that bad if everyone is on the same continent, and input lag can make it funnier with fuck ups.
I've played with people on /v/, and it was decently amusing. Its best with a skype call, so you can hear people fuck up the input in real time.
>>
>>254593913
That's what VPNs are for.
>>
>Start online game with four people
>Play for an hour or two
>One or more people quit because they're losing/are about to lose
>Game ruined or you're just playing with the CPU now, defeating the purpose of playing online

Welcome to every game of Mario Party you'll ever play online. Mario Party games can be lengthy too, even ten-turn games can take well over an hour. This is a game that is, and always will be, best played in the same room with friends, like a real board game.
>>
>>254594085
>Its best with a skype call
>Letting /v/ use voicechat
Nope. Just put them on silence and stream it for other /v/irgins to enjoy.
>>
>>254594384
But then you can't hear people get mad about chance time.
>>
File: 1403225780153.png (196 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
1403225780153.png
196 KB, 1000x562
wii u has no online
>>
>>254594315
>Tune duration of games so they aren't so long.

There problem fixed.

Alternatively implement a game saving feature that will save the state of a game so the same players can pick it up again the next day that way friends can leave the game and everyone just stops playing for the day and they can play the game again later.
>>
>>254582607

>No Rosalina = No Buy

>>254594315
>>254583792
>>254584089
>>254585390
>>254586910
>>254589232

You're retarded, an easy solution to that problem is automatically end the match and declare the last human player remaining the winner. Online games have done that for ages.
>>
>>254596520
Are you seriously implying that's a solution? Sure, games have done that, but it's still unsatisfying and boring.
>>
>>254596520

Possible solutions.

Pause the game when a player quits, and let the group resume it later.

Make games shorter on multiplayer.

End game when someone leaves and declare the highest score winner.

Replace the one that left with another player from the queue pool.

Keep going with 1 player down.

The game could also give players the option of how to setup the game to deal with people leaving.
Some people may be ok with the game ending soon and just wrapping it up while others would prefer saving it for later.
>>
It's a virtual board game. Meant to be played with friends in the same room. Offline. Like Risk.
>>
>all these people who are saying they'd legitimately buy MP10 if it had online
>they don't care that the game itself is basically confirmed to be shovelware trash, they'd still buy it because MUH ONLINE

Online doesn't automatically make a game worthwhile, guys. I may understand your plights if MP10 had the traditional coin-star setup going on, but it doesn't. They're re-using that godawful car mechanic again and there's no way in hell they're going to make it work.
>>
>>254598187
>Like Risk.
warlight.net
>>
>>254582954
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gto02ETv9WE
>>
>>254598187
Like Civilization online I guess?
Who would ever play that I wonder.
>>
>>254582607
>Bowser not being a part of Mario Party
Well, guess I still have MP5 to fall back on.
>>
>>254582607
>Implying online wouldnt be filled with ragequits
>>
>>254598589
>Implying I'd quit
>>
>>254584773
no if you see any of the trailers and shit you can clearly see that they are using the stupid car shit in all both of the modes you blind ass piece of shit
>>
>>254586394
get friends fag
>>
>>254586910
>>254584818
Literally fucking retarded. Use your fucking brains if you seriously think there's no way around this. Goddamn morons, so sick of seeing this stupid dumbass comment from your rotting brains.
>>
>>254599450
What if no one in his area likes Pikmin?
>>
>>254582607
>party board game with minigames
>needs online
I hope faggots like you will go and fuck yourself
>>
>>254582607
>wanting to play fucking mario party online
friendless autist confirmed. 90% of the fun is being in the same room as your friends and having a good time.
>>
>>254603815
You're the one mad because some people expect a feature that should already be in the game.
>>
>>254589860
you need to work on your reading comprehension son.
>>
>>254603815
>options are bad

Fuck yourself, double faggot., Completely retarded argument.
>>
>>254582607
look how many players were playing Fortune Street online
it sure was a huge hit!

i am sure online makes a whole lot of difference

you're just futilely convincing yourself that online will make playing this game by yourself fun

it won't
>>
>>254604083
>>254604123
I can't think of a more useless feature for mario party. I literally can't comprehend why you would want to play against a bunch of faceless assholes on the internet in a game like mario party unless you literally are a completely shut in loner.

But this is /v/ afterall so that's most likely the case.
>>
>>254597862
>Pause the game when a player quits, and let the group resume it later.
Not really feasible if you're not playing with people you actually know.

>Replace the one that left with another player from the queue pool.
I don't think people would be too fond of starting a game halfway through. Do they start from scratch? Do they get whatever the last player had that likely made them want to quit in the first place?

How much fun is Risk or Monopoly when everyone quits halfway through and the game ends?
>>
>>254604294
That's because you're a fucking entitled moron for wanting to eliminate bonds that span across multiple states or countries. How about try using your head.

Hrmm. Putting every player in a kart. Yeah, that sounds more useless. Done.

Yeah, you're on /v/ arguing about Mario Party you loser. Kill yourself.
>>
>>254603637
>>254603815
I personally will not be buying this game without online. The friends I have that actually have Wii U's and would be legitimately interested in MP 10 live in different cities. It was COMPLETELY inexcusable to not have online in Island Tour, and still a major problem here.

Nintendo doesn't need you to defend them. When they fuck up they need to be called out on it or they will never grow as a company.
>>
>>254582607
>TFW I have friends to play local with and couldn't give a shit about online.
>>
>>254604294
It can be useful to play with friends too.
Both local friends or online friends.
And playing with random strangers can be fun too.
Sure beats not having that option and only playing it once every few years.
>>
Mario Party is kill
>>
What's the point in playing Mario Party if you can't punch the cunt who stole your star in the throat?
>>
>>254604741
You free to fuck off then. Online is useless feature in Mario Party games and it doesn't justify amount of spend resources to make it somewhat playable.
Go whine about such idiotic thing somewhere else.
>>
I don't give a shit about online.

>everyone in a cart together = no buy

You aren't even going after stars anymore, right? What the fuck happened?
>>
>>254589690

DK was never cut, he was made into another CPU-only board character like Bowser
>>
>>254604741
Online board games is the most idiotic thing could ever happen. It doesn't fucking matter which company makes which game.
Board game to succeed that way needs to be redesigned completely from scratch with online component in mind.
>>
>>254605483
There is 2 modes in a game. One with a car (asymmetrical gameplay), other is classic one with stars.
>>
>>254605382
Wrong.
Stop being mad and accept how wrong you are.
>>
>>254604741
Meanwhile every other publisher out there pretends local play doesn't exist and is online-only.

I wish this game did have online play so people would FINALLY realize how fucking shit it would be to have people quit every single game.

There is nothing that can be done to keep the game from being ruined when someone quits, and we have no reason to think people quitting won't be a common occurrence. When you're playing a racer or a shooter and someone quits, no big deal, you'll find a new game 10 minutes later. Mario Party games can last hours. Replacing the player with a new one halfway though the game screws the new player and is not fun for them. Replacing the player with a CPU (like Brawl did) defeats the purpose of playing online and is also not fun. Ending the game is certainly not fun and very dissatisfying. There's no good solution that ends with everyone still enjoying themselves.
>>
>>254605637
Good thing they're fucking changing everything that made mario party fun then
>>
>>254605382
>It's useless because I say it is! Of course I wouldn't actually know that because there hasn't been an online Mario Party before so I have no precedent to work from, but fuck off for wanting a feature that is standard in pretty much every multiplayer game of the last five years!
>>
>>254605894
Fixing ragequitting wouldn't be that hard. Just have an online rating that keeps track of when players disconnect early. Other players can see that rating and choose not to play with others who tend to disconnect frequently. Problem solved.
>>
File: Hank-Hill-upset-gif.gif (468 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
Hank-Hill-upset-gif.gif
468 KB, 500x350
>Mario Party 10
>"oh boy, can't wait for fucking car shit again"
>Two modes, Bowser and Mario
>"Thank god, Mario mode must be classic, right? And Bowser has the cars"
>both modes have cars
>Nintendo still pushing the cars

WE FUCKING HATE THE CARS

THIS IS WHY I STILL PLAY MARIO PARTY 8 WHEN I OWN 9

NINTENDO, YOU PIECE OF SHIT, GET RID OF THE CARS

FUCKING DROPPED, I HOPE THIS GAME KILLS OFF THE CARS
>>
>>254605816
Mad? On some idiot who whines about online not being in fucking board game? Well, whatever helps you sleep.
>>
>>254605894
This is never a problem in other games.
>>
>>254605894
With friends an easy easy solution would be pausing the game session.
With random strangers they could just make it a lobby that replaces strangers with new strangers and only has minigames.
Neither of those solutions would require changing the rest of the game and would make the game usable when people are alone and it would also let friends play together through the internet.

Sure you can't physically assault your friends anymore but the rest of the experience is intact.
>>
>>254606191
Fifa tried that, it didn't work, people just turned off the console or went to dashboard.
>>
>>254582607
>Still playing Mario Party
They ran out of ideas after MP4.
>>
>>254606370
And only to expand on what pausing the session means.
>Player A has to leave.
>People pause the session, it has a name and get saved in their systems.
>Later they all join together again and load that session
>Game starts again right where they left it before
>They continue playing
>>
>>254605927
>Nintendo makes game with similar gameplay to previous ones.
>REHASH,REHASH,REHASH
>Nintendo makes game trying out new gameplay
>I DON'T WANT CHANGES! MAKE IT THE SAME BUT IN HD!
>>
>>254606339
Yep. Pretty damn mad. Let it go anon and realize that people can have differing opinions.
>>
>>254605947
There was load of other online board games with similar concept. Only ones to survive either designed around online play, or card games. That's it.
Keep your ignorance somewhere else.
>>
>>254606612
Some ideas are good and some ideas are bad.
Why does it have to be all black or all white?
They should rehash what works but drop what doesn't.
The car doesn't work.
>>
>>254606327
>playing anything past the N64 partys

pleb as fuck, holy shit
4 would have been semi okay, but come on
>>
>>254606748
[citation needed]
>>
>>254606643
>I want this useless feature to be in the game!
>Get told thru the thread how idiotic idea is.
>waaaah, but muh opinion!
Sorry, I can't give a fuck about your shitty opinion based on absolutely fucking nothing aside from your shit taste and wish to make every game with multiplayer component being online.
>>
>>254584360
Agree 100%. It's not like Nintendo hasn't thought about it, they know they can't make it work well yet, so they don't include it. You can bet your fucking ass that whenever we get a MP game with online, it'll be something different than what we're used to with the game.
>>
>>254606765
>Rational, intelligent human being
>>254606612
>gets outsmarted by apes
>>
>>254607054
I don't have an image but please have a pretend "Biggest manchild on the internet" award. This was on the front page and made me frown, please think about the shit you type before you post it.
>>
>>254606765
Well if it doesn't work - then game will fail and next one will be without such gimmick. Simple as that.
Until game is made it's hard to guess either such ideas good or bad. What if they will be fun?
Your post contradicts with other ones about online play being a savior and always a good thing to have. You choose to ignore them it seems.
>>
File: 1404350717405.gif (713 KB, 500x163) Image search: [Google]
1404350717405.gif
713 KB, 500x163
>>254607054
So why can't Mario Party have online, again?
All I'm reading in the thread is pic related.
>>
File: 1406072060716.gif (479 KB, 475x322) Image search: [Google]
1406072060716.gif
479 KB, 475x322
>>254607054
>being this assblasted over an option
>literally can't wrap his head around how nintendo devs could possibly make it work

With how whiny you are, I bet you're just arguing just to argue. Who would want to be around your ass in a Mario Party? All you'd ever get is
>DUDE, YOU CANT USE LAMPS THATS CHEATING
>>
>>254607748
>rage quit
>>
>>254607748
You're not reading the thread, then.
>>
I seriously can't tell if half these anti-online shitters are just trolling or genuinely retarded.
>>
>>254607456
Online is a special case.
It's not something that changes the whole game like the cart, it is more like an expansion to the functionality of the game.
Not having online really makes every game with a multiplayer component instantly inferior.
It may sound black and white but that only refers to the general stance towards change, not towards specific things.
In the case of online it is always better to have it than not have it because it doesn't hurt the rest of the game while adding a different layer.
>>
>>254607890
Welp, good point. People could rage quit.

Oh wait, people rage quit in absolutely every game ever. I guess fighting games should remove online, since people will just quit after getting bodied.
>>
>>254587321
>People don't disconnect of games that often.

Ever played Pokemon?
>>
>people concerned asking why you'd play MP online because people would rage quit
>playing with randoms and not your bros

do you people not play games with steam friends or something? why would I want to be restricted to playing games with people who only live feasibly around me instead of being able to plug in and play with my friends who live far away at any time?
>>
>>254607904
>Hurr durr everyone will leave
>Get told a ton of ways around it and why it is not a reason to lack online

>Hurr you can't hit people around you

That's all I've seen
>>
>>254608323
Ok, I get it, you're not reading it.
>>
>>254608407
You can feel free to prove him wrong any time, Anon.
>>
>>254608170
you never played MP, do ya, if you do, you will reallize how big is hte RQ ratio of it
>>
>>254608407
lol so mad
>>
>>254607946
They're adults.
>>
>>254593805
Mario Retardy stream when
>>
>>254608662
Never, fuck off.
>>
>>254608447
I won't bother, it's all here already.
>>
>>254582954

I play mario party online with netplay and skype with my friends, works the same

I could do the same with this if nintendo wasn't stuck in the stone age
>>
because it's a fucking party game

it says so in the title
>>
>>254583167
>skype
Faggot detected.
>>
>Why no Mario Party Online!!!?

If you were to play 10 matches of Monopoly online, with a bunch of strangers, how many of those 10 games you will be able to finish?
>>
File: 1403914956530.jpg (20 KB, 317x184) Image search: [Google]
1403914956530.jpg
20 KB, 317x184
>>254608758
That conclusive proof in your image, and those compelling arguments in the posts you linked sure told him off.
>>
>>254608890

You mean to quote me right retard? Off course you did, but your brain problems led you to quote the wrong person.

I understand, I wont make you hold an spoon straight either.
>>
>>254608923
>every other board game style game online
>no problem with leavers
I know this is bait, but it's not even good bait.
>>
>>254608960
I didn't post any image. If he wants to know why he's wrong, he should read the thread and pay attention to what he reads, not skim through.
>>
>>254582607
>mario party
>party game in general
>online
Sucks to have no friends
>>
File: Ghost Trick.jpg (95 KB, 600x682) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Trick.jpg
95 KB, 600x682
>ITT: People make excuses for Nintendo's online services being no better than 8 years ago
>>
>>254607946
This is what Nintendo faggots actually think. It's really sad.

Playing Mario Party 2 and 3 over the internet with some friends is the fucking best shit around, and I guarantee most of the people against online mario party have no friends in real life that would actually PLAY mario party with them.
>>
>>254586394
I'm fine with most games not having online. It doesn't bother me that 3D World doesn't have online, nor NSMBU, nor DKCTF, not even Nintendo Land.

but HOLY FUCK do I wish Pikmin 3 had online so much, the multiplayer is so fucking perfect and THEY HAVE TWELVE STAGES FOR IT WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO

The inherent problem with multiplayer for a game like Pikmin 3 is that it's really not very accessible for people who have never played the game, but you can solve that issue by having only people who already own the game playing against you.
I wish I could send them millions of letters just asking them to give P3 online play, seriously.
>>
>>254608447
Mario Party can't have online because the simple thought of a feature that some people might actually enjoy being in a game makes this anon >>254608758 cry autism tears.

And we can't have that.
>>
>>254583167
I played mario party 4 over skype with a few people before
it was pretty fun
>>
>>254609242
>MK8 release
>dont crash servers
>is free

Good luck getting a march done on Destiny on release, faggot

>>254609104
you still dont answer, how many of those game you think you will be able to finish before everyone quits?
>>
File: 1273977312302.jpg (106 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1273977312302.jpg
106 KB, 554x439
>>254609296
>>
>People complain about tacked on online
ITT MY options
Fuck you faggots
>>
>>254605781
If you watch the beginning of the trailer it looks like classic mode includes the car.
>>
>>254608923

Whats with you people thinking online play is only possible wih random strangers? All of my college friends move to different states for jobs and the only way we can play together now is with online.
>>
>>254608170
Well if the fight on the fighting game will go over 1 hour or more i guess it should remove the online
>>
>>254609470
Have you ever heard of a thing called Board Game Online?

Guess how many people stick all the way to the end. You're a dumb faggot.
>>
>>254609470
Mario Party games don't last nearly as long as a game of fucking monopoly, so your question is retarded.

If someone liked monopoly, I'm sure they would finish plenty of games.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (51 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
51 KB, 620x400
>>254609296
It all makes sense now.
People don't actually like Mario Party. They plop down $60 to play the game for 2 hours and re-sell it, complaining that the 64 games were better.

No wonder Island Tour was such shit.
>>
>>254609569
IF you were to start a match, how many of those you will be able to finish?
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 560x572) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 560x572
>>254587321
>People don't disconnect of games that often
Yeah and no kids play cod ever
There are no wars in the world
And racism doest exist
>>
>>254609752
>Mario Party games don't last nearly as long as a game of fucking monopoly, so your question is retarded.
>>
File: 1388968022952.png (61 KB, 576x507) Image search: [Google]
1388968022952.png
61 KB, 576x507
>Mfw /v/ doesn't have friends to play with.
I'll be your friend /v/ just let me roll the dice
>>
>>254609794
A better question is: Why are you so autistic and arguing a point that doesn't matter?

If you want an actual answer: 8/10. If there are a lot of ragequitters, there's a new thing in Online gaming called the ability to join games in progress. and the ability to punish people who ragequit frequently.

You can stop being stuck in the stone age with the rest of Nintendo now.
>>
>>254610059
Even better yet, what if there was this thing called "Lobbies" where people...
INVITE FRIENDS. THEY TRUST. TO NOT QUIT.

Holy SHIT, Nintendo needs to innovate this pronto!
>>
File: 1352484045092.jpg (15 KB, 441x411) Image search: [Google]
1352484045092.jpg
15 KB, 441x411
>Who would play board games online? What a ridiculous idea.
>Imagine if you were able to play Risk online! No one would play it because you're not in the same room as other people.
>Living in the past is okay if Nintendo does it.
>>
>the most played multiplayer games have online
But the most sold ones dont
Funny
>>
silly question here...has it even been announced that this wont support online... or are you all just arguing cause autism on /v/?
>>
>>254610338
>But the most sold ones dont
Halo
Modern Warfare
League of Legends, DotA
CS:Go
Any DayZ clone, take your pick
Mario Kart, faggot.
>>
>>254609794

What a stupid question holy shit. If i invite my friends and they accept then we play and have fun. We might finish we might not. Why does it matter?
>>
>>254610535
non of those games matches lastest hours, you can just hop in and hop out at any given time
>>
>>254610535
>halo.csgo,dayz clone
>selling well
I give you 3 games for the list of top 10 most sold games that have online
Mk wii, mw2 and minecraft
The rest doest have it
>>
File: Chance Time.gif (2 MB, 295x216) Image search: [Google]
Chance Time.gif
2 MB, 295x216
this thread is the reason why there will never be an online mario party.

also, people would leave as soon as they started losing
>>
>>254610191
Innovation can go deeper.
If a game goes for too long and friends need to leave it would be easy to let them save that session and load it again later on the same lobby.
Fucking crazy future shit right?
What is this 2008 or something.
>>
>>254610479
I don't think so.

But watching people already defending Nintendo's inability to catch up to what people have been expecting out of video games for years now is kind of silly.
>>
>>254608067
Online takes significant amount of resources to be implemented correctly. And if you just put game made for local multiplayer into online without making any changes to it - it'll just be a complete mess.
Not every game with multiplayer need to have slapped online on it.
Another thing you forget that multiplayer games need to have quite short sessions. Even RTS like SC2 don't have matches longer than 30 min usually. Yeah, you can argue that there is grand strategy games with multiplayer, or even some TBS like HoMM which has multiplayer as well.
But does it really important there? It's really hard to know anyone who repeatedly playing those games online. It's just mostly useless feature for very hardcore small communities.
And we are talking about causal party board game which can take easily couple of hours. (yeah, you can adjust number of turns, but it doesn't make game that much shorter) Multiplayer for such session is very useless feature to have. Sure, some people will play it. But will it be good feature to justify spending resources on it? heck no. Most new minigames use motion control. It'll be pretty tricky to make it work without any lag online.
Online can't be halfassed. Game should be designed with online in mind. Making online game with current formula of mario party games is useless. It'll just not work.
>>
>every game must have online
Fucking witcher withiout online
You were supposed to be fucking whores with other guys
>>
>>254611013
>Have a penalty for leaving like rank decrease
>Replace player who left with CPU

Problem solved
>>
>>254609794

Jesus Christ dude you got annihilated with these posts >>254610059
>>254610191
>>254610652
>>254611045

I mean seriously how did you not know about all those features? We have them for years now. Are you trolling or are Nintendo fans this behind jn tech?
>>
>>254611332
that wouldn't solve anything
>>
>online lobies
>consoles
HOHOHO
Calm your asses
Consoles cant even p2p well
Imagine doing actual server lists and shit
>>
>>254611383
I actually bought a Wii U and 3DS launch date, fucking love them

It's a travesty that people will still defend lousy-ass online, though. You'd think with all the ragequit remarks that people who play online can never play for more than 2 minutes.

Shit, you know what would prevent even that? Random online is a minigame roulette lobby. You get a good 60 second game with random people, nobody's gonna fucking quit that.
And you got your friend lobbies for full multiplayer board games, too.
>>
File: duck song.jpg (26 KB, 250x176) Image search: [Google]
duck song.jpg
26 KB, 250x176
Online is the only component missing from Mario Party.

Anything else they add will not surpass the quality they have already reached in previous Mario Party games. They've tried to change the formula a few times, and it's failed to reach the quality of the titles that predate it.

If you think online is a terrible addition, whatever.
But it's the only thing left they can add that would add something to the game without ruining it.

There's seriously no fucking reason to buy Mario Party after these last 3 titles and the notable decline in quality.
>>
>>254611210
Doesn't take that many resources to implement it lightly.
If the game doesn't want to devote to online then it can implement a simple online and it will still provide benefits because it will let some people try online.
That's really what Nintendo has been doing with most of its games with online.
They are all half assed very basic stuff but it gets the job done.
MK8 wouldn't have sold anywhere near that much without the half assed online.
Without online in general a multiplayer game is basically a B rate thing, limited to small audiences, low replay factor.
>>
Whelp, there goes any reason I might have had to be interested in this.
>>
>>254611745
>Shit, you know what would prevent even that? Random online is a minigame roulette lobby. You get a good 60 second game with random people, nobody's gonna fucking quit that.
And you got your friend lobbies for full multiplayer board games, too.
This. Or something similar to it. That is good use of online stuff.
But, people here want full blown online. With same length as local session. And that is stupid.
Online need to have it's own modes to have.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.