[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fighting Game Combos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63
File: 1824975-sf3h_02.jpg (312 KB, 1146x1470) Image search: [Google]
1824975-sf3h_02.jpg
312 KB, 1146x1470
How do you feel about combo lengths in fighting games? Up until this gen, roughly, long, screen filling, low damage combos weren't the norm.

Games like Injustice, Marvel, Skullgirls and Blazblue are built around these enormous, complicated combos which initially do small pieces of damage until completion.

Then you have older games like Street Fighter (II Especially) which used combos generally no more than three to four moves, but had devastatingly high damage.

What do you prefer?
>>
I would actually love to see a fighting game with no combos at all. They were originally a programming error after all, and people got way too focused on that error over things like zoning etc. that used to be the whole content.

Okay, I guess Divekick does that. But another one.
>>
File: 1404687926607.gif (2 MB, 246x200) Image search: [Google]
1404687926607.gif
2 MB, 246x200
>>254398364
Well then it would just be a poke game. The consequence of getting punished would be miniscule. Combos are needed in fighting games to show where a mistake was made by the player who was punished by said combo.
>>
I like SF IV

Over the top animations are pretty hype
>>
>>254398869

I'm fine with ultras but some of them could be toned down. Bison's Ultra 2 is the perfect length.
>>
>>254398364
There are some without any combos that are outlied for the player but the endgame is always combos. Which moves flow into each other the best is what makes most if not all fighting games.
What really fucking gets me is combo timing. Tekken Tag 2 is a fucking ballbuster with the timing

I also wish 3d fighters were more prevalent. NUNS is a great game but extremely shallow and obviously panders to fan favorites.
I would kill for a One Piece style NUNS game
>>
>>254399082
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2k4WcN31OU
>>
If I'm playing Third Strike, and a good Chun Li gets me in a corner combo, I go "AH SHIT!" then the combo ends and I keep fighting.

If I'm playing Skullgirls and a Cerebella or Fukua gets me in a good combo, midway through the match, I have to just hold back and mash while we bounce around the screen, waiting to see if maybe my opponent will fuck up.

As cool as big dramatic combos are to look at, they aren't fun in gameplay. Being hit with an insanely long combo is just boring, and focusing on mashing them out is just tedious.

I was called cheap back in the day for my E.Honda combo in SFII Turbo, which was just jumping fierce punch, crouching forward kick, sumo throw.

That's a ton of damage, but it's still only a couple seconds.
>>
>>254398130

>Up until this gen, (long combos) weren't the norm

MVC2 says hi
>>
>>254399625
Even in MVC2, there were only a few characters that used long combos and that was still just one game.

It wasn't the norm.
>>
>>254399247
>As cool as big dramatic combos are to look at, they aren't fun in gameplay. Being hit with an insanely long combo is just boring, and focusing on mashing them out is just tedious.

I agree. I play MVC3 a lot and, while I like it for the fanservice and the satisfaction of actually pulling off a decent combo or assist game, I'm the first one to say Marvel is a great game to look at but a boring one to play. You make one mistake and you're instantly killed by a whoppin' 120 hits combo. Not really fun.
>>
I can watch people play competitively SF IV, Third Strike and II HD Remix.

I have no idea what's happening on the screen when I watch Marvel
>>
>>254400048

hype
>>
>>254398869
Not when you know you're dead but you still have to sit through Oni or Akuma's 20 fucking second long anime bullshit animations.
>>
>>254400205
OTG
BIONIC ARM
>>
>>254398130
You have no idea what you're talking about, no surprise on /v/ though.
>>
>>254399247
That's not a combo, that's an escapable tick throw
>>
>>254400048
SCOOPS! HAGGEN DAAZ. CLAWS IN THE ASS.
>>
It makes the game more frustrating than it needs to be and takes focus away really from what I enjoy about fighting games. Long combos don't interest me. The Street Fighter formula is what works best for me. I tried to get into Skullgirls but the long chains are just off-putting. That game also lacks a decent entry-level online scene so it makes matters worse.

Unrelated, but does anyone know if Third Strike is coming to PC? That seems right up my alley.
>>
My friends HATE it when I play Marvel with them because one of my better teams has Zero on it... You can keep combos going forever on him.

It's also why I like KoF more... Unless you use Hyperdrive in 13 combos are typically fairly short and brutal.
>>
>>254400885
third strike is on GGPO
>>
File: 1405866790828.jpg (22 KB, 275x295) Image search: [Google]
1405866790828.jpg
22 KB, 275x295
>>254400885

>does anyone know if Third Strike is coming to PC?
>>
>>254398130
I prefer the system that smash bros uses.
>inb4 not a fighting game

there are only very few true combos, and instead you need to react to which direction your enemy is flying based on their DI, and then act accordingly to keep the combo going.
For this you need to have a better understanding of the game, your character, and your opponent and be able to improvise on the fly if you want to successfully keep a combo going.

All you need in traditional fighting games is to land a hit and memorize button presses
>>
>>254400608
I lol'd.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YYiRlbtN3Iw
>>
>>254400608
No it's HOOKS IN ASS, anon, HOOKS IN ASS. Get your Yipesisms correct.
>>
Makes boring to play and watch. Skullgirls is only fun to watch when MikeZ is commenting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ7Vd3KKPNA
>>
>>254401873
>Boring to watch
Depends on the case. I'm not much of a Skullgirls player, but with Marvel a Zero infinite is boring as fuck to watch, while other characters are way more interesting to watch.
>>
>Street Fighter II
>Using Combos

Combos didn't come into play until later releases and originally started off as a glitch. Not only that, but Combos were popularized in that exact same era with Killer Instinct. So saying "long, screen filling, low damage combos weren't the norm" is pretty inaccurate.
>>
>>254401873
I love how he just talks about anything until something good actually happens for a second, then goes back to talking about anything.
>>
>>254402228
You're an idiot.
>>
>>254402228

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>254401352
>All you need in traditional fighting games is to land a hit and memorize button presses
Love this meme. Then again this is coming from a smash player.
>>
>Complaining about BB combos in the CP era

Nigga, it used to be so much worse. combos would last legit 20 seconds.
>>
>>254402228

Anyone talking about Street Fighter II in the context of fighting game is generally referring to Super Turbo, which certainly had a combo focused system. The combos were 2 - 4 moves, generally, but still.
>>
>>254402309
MikeZ is surprisingly social for being so well-versed in how fighting games work. You'd think the two balance each other out.
>>
>>254399901
56 characters
only 6 playable
such a good game
>>
>>254398130
Long combos are pretty lame, talking like Taokaka or Arakune in Blazblue CT where that shit was like 15 seconds. Anything else is gravy, even Skullgirls is alright but they can get a bit long.

Most of the people I've seen that really complain about combo length are usually newer players that haven't yet realized that blocking is a big deal, so they usually end up eating that shit for ages.
>>
>>254403160
In MvC you don't think about characters, you think about teams. There are some dark horse teams that still do work despite not having the top characters in them.
>>
>>254403292
>newer players that haven't yet realized that blocking is a big deal, so they usually end up eating that shit for ages.
Well, it does make you feel like shit when you're being punished with 15-second long combo animations for every fuck-up you make. I guess it's better when you're on the giving end. I wouldn't know.
>>
File: dance.webm (780 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dance.webm
780 KB, 1920x1080
>>254403446
ah, my mistake. i havent played it in 6 years. i only used jin, tron, and capCom.
i lost a lot.
>>
File: Kunimitsu-tekkentag2intro.png (460 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Kunimitsu-tekkentag2intro.png
460 KB, 800x450
I only go up to 8 hit combos

anything more is rude
>>
>>254403578
Yeah but a lot of the time they just eat it over and over again, half the time they aren't even holding back while recovering. They're just hitting jab.
>>
>>254403841
>Hold back
>Get thrown
>>
>>254400048

I was confused at first as well, but it really isn't that difficult. The most important thing to realise is that the additional characters flying through the screen all the time are assists from the other characters, used for combos or defending.

I've never played it either but it's fun to watch sometimes.

Except when Chris G is playing
>>
>>254401873
SG is only fun to watch when Aris is playing it.
25:17
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jn7yQOfRzO8
>>
Guilty gear Accent core (not +r) perfected combos. The guts system makes damage taken reduce the less health they have, so high damaging short combos at first are dangerous, then longer combos are needed to close out or short combos with emphasis on oki.
>>
>>254399093
NUNS is so much god damn fun. Wtb competative naruto or dbz fighting game
>>
>>254404782
Super Dragonball Z was made by some of the dudes who made Super Turbo and is actually good.
>>
>>254404250
The guts system has no bearing on combo damage scaling at all though
>>
>>254398130
Killer Instinct?
>>
I sometimes wonder how popular Skullgirls would've gotten being slightly easier on newcomers and having more than one gender as roster.
>>
>>254405607
Skullgirls has the best introductory tutorial in a fighting game ever. Also as it ships on PS4 it'll have Big Band, but it shouldn't matter anyways because gender has nothing to do with how good a fighting game is.
>>
I just want a Power Stone type fighting game with deeper mechanics. Wan Piss Grand Adventure came close but fights would devolve into who could build up their specials the fastest by wasting the most time.
>>
>>254405607
the tutorial is a lot better than most fighters at least. One gender isnt the problem, I just want a lot more characters, especially in a tag system game

still a great game tho
>>
>>254398130
I prefer the street fighter length of combos but with faster gameplay. I personally find SF4 way too slow to enjoy.

Melee (hurr not a fighter) is pretty much the perfect mix of short combos, fast fluid gameplay, and even when getting combod the other player is still in the game (DI).

That being said I love the training room of UMvC3 because executing long combos is fun as fuck, but in vs mode and being stuck in one makes me never want to play the game.
>>
I like games with fewer combos more, like SF4. I think games with big combos could also work, but they really should have more options to stop the combos.
>>
How about we all just play Bushido Blade instead? The most hardcore of all the fighting games?
>>
>>254406161
>but they really should have more options to stop the combos

definitely this. KI for example has long combos but you get the opportunity to break them so you're pretty much always still in the game. I actually enjoyed watching the KI grand finals at evo this year.
>>
>>254406161
The only game with long combos with no combo breaker out right now is Marvel. Everything else has a combo break or a burst of some kind.
>>
>>254405854
It doesn't matter to you and I who knows how to look past that shit but the average person judging the game by the poster is probably going to pass on Skullgirls. I appreciate the roster and I enjoy the game but they really should've included a generic lead male character design aswell for a poster boy.
>>
>>254406215
It isn't the most hardcore.
It's certainly fun and there's depth to it but it usually just devolves into mashing out of clash wars.
>>
>>254406215
Because it's not on ggpo.
>>
>>254406215
PSX emulator with online support when? They've already mastered that shit with SNES emulators.
>>
File: eeh.gif (2 MB, 353x234) Image search: [Google]
eeh.gif
2 MB, 353x234
>my face during Ultimate Virgil vs Zero 3 this year at evo
>>
>>254407341

>forgetting about spamming morrigan + doom assist
>>
>>254407535
I'm just glad jwong won, although wolverine is just as bad as zero really, just less flashy so less played.

I would have lost my shit if ______Jan____ won
>>
As cool as it is to see a skilled player mash out a long combo, I think there are better mechanics out there that don't have such daunting skill floors. Overgrowth, and to a lesser extent, Blade Symphony, feel like natural progressions of the genre to me: taking the basic positioning, timing, and quick reflexes and adding in new mechanics in place of muscle-memory combos.

There's room for all kinds of fighting games in the industry, I'd just like to see more based on mechanics that weren't originally designed to eat every quarter in a 5-mile radius.
>>
File: 1366920322479.gif (2 MB, 250x220) Image search: [Google]
1366920322479.gif
2 MB, 250x220
>>254409292
>Blade Symphony
>natural progression of the genre
It's made for Dark Souls PVP autists. I still have an extra copy of the game in my inventory on Steam because the game is too shit to give away to friends.
>>
>>254409890

Seems more like it's made for Jedi Academy autists, which is fine by me.
>>
>>254406348
what about team aerial counter?
>>
>>254410097
It doesn't even remotely play like JKA
>>
>>254398664
my fucking sides
>>
>>254410574
Doesn't play remotely like dark souls either.
>>
>>254398130

As long as you have to work for your combos, the length doesn't matter.

Guilty gear is a good example.
>>
File: 1405972307197.jpg (108 KB, 700x402) Image search: [Google]
1405972307197.jpg
108 KB, 700x402
I'm okay with practical combos.
Things like that E. Ryu combo on Rufus are just stupid.
Just give me BnB combos like Akuma's c.Mk-short tatsu-fierce DP
>>
Super Street Fighter II Turbo will always be the perfect example of a counter system.
>>
File: gamma.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
gamma.webm
3 MB, 854x480
Hate long combos. Doing them requires tedious memorization, getting hit by them takes you out of the game.

In my opinion, Marvel and Blazblue combos are way too long. I wish they'd be half as long and do the same damage. GG's longest combos are loops which are pretty easy to remember but tough to land.
>>
Getting 100% combo'd by dante really does break the momentum
>>
File: fbgenrouzan.webm (3 MB, 768x480) Image search: [Google]
fbgenrouzan.webm
3 MB, 768x480
>>
>>254401359
I still hate ghetto commentators but fuck me if yipes isn't the funniest one.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7z-c_PCcJ4&index=142

Max covers this topic perfectly.
>>
>>254411980
>Max "WAAAAH I CAN'T PLAY IN EVO ANYMORE! I HAVE AN ANXIETY DISORDER! WAAAAAAH" amilian
>>
>>254411980
>max

>>254412208
He really said that? source?
>>
Long combos are a casual magnet. Look at Marvel, the game is essentially fill bars, instakill chars. And it's OH SO HYPE when someone gets caught up on a combo because there's flashing colors and shit. It's the wrong way to go for fighting games, but at least it keeps ADD riddled kids away from other games.
>>
>>254412616
He's been going on about his 'mental health' for ages now.

Personally, beyond like balls to the wall crazy people, I don't think all these 'mental illnesses' exist. It's just a good way to get disability money for not wanting to work.

I KNOW he has a video on his channel where he spends an hour talking about how his anxiety disorder is totally a real thing guys.
>>
They can stay as long as they

don't cover 90% of the gameplay
don't do retarded amounts of damage except if a character has only damage going for him
are hard but not unreasonable
and the game gives you a get off me move(burst, alpha counter etc.)
>>
>>254412616

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrkhrbKfZeU
>>
>>254412949
I have never ran into an unreasonable combo in my 2 decades of fighting game experience. git gud
>>
>>254411361
Loops are gay, I prefer long string of different inputs
>>
>>254411361
>Blazblue combos are way too long. I wish they'd be half as long

They'd be half as short as GG's in actual execution. BBCP at this point are just more cinematic.
>>
Skullgirls combos aren't that long.
People that think they're long are either really used to street fighter or they keep falling for resets.
>>
File: Corner Specific.webm (2 MB, 768x480) Image search: [Google]
Corner Specific.webm
2 MB, 768x480
>>254413220
KOF
>>
>>254413220
Haven't seen UNIB?
>>
>>254398130
Can I just say that I think that Tekken 6s bounds made (the majority of) 3d fighters and some 2d fighters that much less interesting? And that there is little joy to be had in wasting half the match juggling a dude or being juggled yourself?
I think fighting games cater far too much to the EVO crowd, and kill all improvisation in order to secure guaranteed damage and standardized tactics.
>>
I really love how comboing works in melee.
The defending player has some influence, so the offending player has to be careful and can't just sleep through the inputs.

I'd like to see a traditional fighter implement this sort of thing.
>>
>>254413320
I can agree to this. Though it could be my coping mechanism for playing Big Band so much.

His combos are short and strong. I think Cerebella has some solid short combos as well, but her reset game is ridiculous.
>>
For viewing pleasure, generally short combos are preferred.
There may be some leeway for longer ones if they can vary in some way, but that would generally require more extensive knowledge of the game and wouldn't be accessible to new viewers.

For playing... that's kind of a tough one.
I enjoy playing sf4 but 1-frame links kill me, I will never get those down and I would not expect to actually want to learn how to do those consistently (even with plink).
Longer ones kinda give you a new feeling of flow personally.
>>
>>254413042
>married
>spend five-six hours making online videos
What's wrong with him?
>>
>>254414209
> I would not expect anyone to actually *
>>
>>254413880
I hear the recent version doesn't have the long ass combos that took minutes to finish, we saw those when it came out in arcades.

2 days till its out. I'm hype.
>>
>>254398130

I prefer Soul Calibur combos. Most are two hits; a launcher or stun, and then you choose a finisher depending on if you want oki, damage, or positioning. Some can be extended to three moves with the use of meter, or are made longer with a wallsplat.

This system gives the most gameplay depth with the least superfluous bullshit in between. Launchers are risky, punishable or slow moves but give you big rewards. Every hit in a combo serves a purpose beyond just making the combo longer.

I fucking hate Marvel combos.
>>
>>254413042
I remember him saying he just didn't like "high level play". Maybe he just changed his story.
>>
>>254414209

It's better if long combos have some obvious risk and take good setups, like in GG.
>>
File: peterparker.gif (516 KB, 250x180) Image search: [Google]
peterparker.gif
516 KB, 250x180
>>254414209
>mfw shunpu loop
>>
>>254412208
>>254412616
>Hating on max
seriously?
>>
>>254404250
>The guts system makes damage taken reduce the less health they have
SF4 has this too though, it's annoying as hell in training mode
>>
>>254414861
Shill harder
>>
>>254414209
>I would not expect anyone to actually learn how to do 1 frame links consistently

Jesus christ I knew /v/ said some shit when it come to fighting games but this is just sad, you can nail that shit every time if you actually practice 2 or 3 hours a day. You really want high level play to not require dedication and training?
>>
File: 1295043993945.png (3 KB, 210x230) Image search: [Google]
1295043993945.png
3 KB, 210x230
>>254414861
>liking max
>>
File: chbeta.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
chbeta.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>
I unironically like how Smash Bros handles combos. The fact that your opponent can change their flight trajectory and you have to respond to it to follow up is actually pretty damn cool. Shame it's creator wants it to be a party game.
>>
>>254414990
I enjoy most of his videos.I just hope he would do more Assist Me episodes
>>
>>254398130
>Marvel combos
Select characters have really long combos. Most have relatively standard combos. Also, do you mean "long" as in they take long to end, or just having many hits?
>>
>>254415179

Most characters in Marvel 3 have stupidly log comboc by both measures
>>
>>254398130

Long combo and short combo games are both fun.

I definitely couldn't get into Marvel seriously though, I was never able to master ToDs other than on Hulk. Sooo much execution.
>>
I like Melee's. Say what you will about the game but DI is great.
>>
>>254412949
Fuck I'm itching to play melty, but I'm stuck with garbage wireless internet for a while.
It really sucks now that I'm seeing daily melty threads around here.
>>
>>254414939
>You really want high level play to not require dedication and training?
you can have that without grinding down purposefully implemented 1 frame links that are essential for some characters
>>
>>254415161
It's even worse that there's no DI in Smash 4. I suppose it'll be easier to follow up on combos, but it does remove that mobility found in the previous games.
>>
>>254415179

both

Vergil, zero,. They are not even hard in execution and results in you watching 10 seconds of a boring combo
>>
>>254414938
I like someone, that means I'm shilling right?
>>
File: 1390188182158.jpg (32 KB, 332x375) Image search: [Google]
1390188182158.jpg
32 KB, 332x375
>>254415442
>>254415161
>>254414086

They'll never find out
>>
File: cvs2 chun punish 3 bar.webm (2 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
cvs2 chun punish 3 bar.webm
2 MB, 800x600
I only like long combos if they're timing / execution heavy. Chains that you have to memorize are just boring.
>>
>>254413908
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R8QnV_8oNs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJJZkp3_L-I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6H1AU49TDo
>>
I dislike overly long combos. They're tedious to watch and tedious to play. Short combos lead to a nice back-and-forth gameplay where both players are constantly engaged, whereas long combos can lead to situations where one player is just going through the motions while the other player is unable to do much. Long combos also unnecessarily increase the skill floor to be competitive at a game by adding a lot of memorization and execution practice into the mix, without really adding to the strategy of the game.

To me long combos feel like Youtube video fodder. They're impressive to see the first time but shitty from a gameplay perspective, and by the fifth time you've seen Litchi toss out that 20 second long combo you're just sick of seeing it because it's a waste of time. They turn fighting games into what people who don't play/like fighting games think they're about - autistic levels of memorization and execution and both players just fishing for an opening to do their big combo.
>>
>>254414594
This
>>
>>254415329
>most
Eh... I guess. Granted, assists definitely extend combos. Like I said, most characters have standard combos. Some characters, like Zero, Dante, Vergil, Doom, etc. have really long extended combos. Even worse is that their long extended combos are pretty much universal.

You don't see She-Hulk pulling off 102 hit combos. Or Storm(barring Ice Storm). Most characters actually have combos that aren't THAT long. I'm going by Marvel standards, here.
>>
>>254415580
It doesn't? That's a fucking shame. I hope that someone tries something like it again and it doesn't just get lost to history because it's a neat mechanic and one that made Smash truly unique, and not in a bad way.
>>
>>254398130
Fighting games have always had combos and always will, deal with it.
>>
>>254415582
>Zero combos
>not hard to execute
His execution is one of the most difficult. It's just that he's REALLY good and can hit confirm just about anything,, so people dedicate A LOT of time to him.

Vergil's not that hard by comparison.
>>
>>254415580

There's no SMASH DI

This is completely different from not having DI at all
>>
>>254413908
>I think fighting games cater far too much to the EVO crowd,
So you think they should cater to casual faggots who are too stupid to actually learn the game and just want instant gratification?

Please kill yourself
>>
File: 1404065242562.png (32 KB, 150x190) Image search: [Google]
1404065242562.png
32 KB, 150x190
>try MK9 for first time
>easy as fuck combos 7 buttons do at least 35% damage
>go online
>dead multiplayer combined with horrible netcode
>as im playing realize i dont know how to block
>there is a button to block
fucking dropped most casual fighter i have ever played, no wonder is so popular.
>>
>>254415580
Source on that?
>>
File: xJ3sq.png (9 KB, 48x61) Image search: [Google]
xJ3sq.png
9 KB, 48x61
I prefer shorter combos, but also have the ability to do crazy long and stylish combos. Like SF4 and Smash.
>>
>>254415580
>played the demo at Best Buy
>I managed to stay alive as Link at 200%
I'm pretty sure there's DI. It's not that hard to kill someone in that game.
>>
>>254414861
Liking that scrub pandering faggot.
>>
>>254414594
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yrFHjQP5v0
>>
File: 1406038637420.png (439 KB, 539x472) Image search: [Google]
1406038637420.png
439 KB, 539x472
This fucking thread again.There exist different types of fighters for a reason.If you prefer long combos,you can play anime fighters,Marvel and latest Tekken.If you prefer short then there is lots of SF2 style games and for 3d there is Soul Calibur and VF
>>
>>254416148

I hate MK but

>Button to block
>Bad thing

No
>>
>>254399904

This guy gets it
>>
>>254416125
My bad, normal DI is in the game.
Smash DI was removed, which was used to escape from multihit moves like Yoshi's DAir and Fox's UAir.

I wonder how Peach's blender will handle?

>>254416212
http://meleeiton.me/2014/06/10/invitational-impressions/
>>
>>254416418
>the latest Tekken
I honestly think Tekken is one of the most intimidating games. I don't know SHIT about Tekken, and starting off is ridiculous. High level Tekken play is 10 years away from me.
>>
File: 1386637642742.jpg (1 MB, 1633x2305) Image search: [Google]
1386637642742.jpg
1 MB, 1633x2305
>>
>>254405827
>>254405854
I feel that SG is a game that the sum is less than it's individual parts. Like, so many of it's ideas and systems are great, but the actual game just feels bland as fuck.
>>
>>254398130

Kof was the perfect middle point, most combos where extremely simple, but command attack linking made the whole thing much more maneagable and fun than SF games.

and then Kof13 came out and fucked up everything.
>>
>>254416586
lolno, i picked up Tekken with Tag 2 its piss easy to get into
>>
Every time I land a hit in a combo, I want it to be because I made a decision. I chose this move to be the next move in the combo either because of where my opponent ended up, or because I want to do the most damage at the expense of having an advantage when the combo is over, or visa versa or something like that.

Any time I'm doing a move because IT IS THE BEST MOVE TO DO HERE SO DO IT AUTOMATICALLY I am wasting fucking time and not really playing a game at all, I'm just hitting per-ordained buttons. I hate marvel and BlazBlue and partially Tekken because of this.

Smash Bros. and Soul Calibur do this really well. I don't care much for DOA, but it doesn't do a bad job in this regard either.
>>
>>254413220
>I have never played against a Bang/Litchi/Ragna during BBCT
>>
>>254416358

>Opponent isn't air controlling at all

Also

>SCIV

That game DID have a combo problem, anmely with Algol and Hilde. Most characters didn't, and it was fixed in SCV (unless your name is Viola, but I think she was put in specifically to cater to Marvel players).
>>
>>254416418
>Soulcalibur
>Virtua Fighter
>Short Combos
Please just stop talking.
>>
>>254416760
>it's easy as piss to get into
What, are you using youtube videos or something? I'm just playing the game and trying to figure it out. Maybe I just need more people to play with. I don't even know where to begin. Trying to see how Nina works as of now.
>>
>>254400885
>Third Strike is coming to PC?

Why do you use emulators and net play or just go yo an arcade?
>>
>>254412927

You an expert on mental disorders, son?
>>
>>254416771
SG has a lot of that. You need to make different combos for different situations. Most of the damage finishers supers take out your positional advantage and reset the neutral.
>>
>>254417003
>More than 2 hits equals long
>>
>>254416610

>The Last Blade 2 not in top tier
>Bloody Roar 3 in top tier
>Killer Instinct on low tier
>>
>>254414462
All of his USF4 videos were all recorded from his stream one night. He just cuts out sections and releases one every few days. Apparently his job is video editing too and once Capcom actually hired him to make a video on Marvel
>>
>>254416991
His bubble knocks you into an unteachable state in SC4
>>
>>254416610

Marvel 2 is way too high but other than that this isn't a bad list
>>
>>254416570
Okay SDI being gone is very different. That's not a huge issue.
>>
>>254417153
>I can't play video games in front of people anymore, give me disability money!
>>
>>254417003

Modern Soul Calibur does not have long combos except Viola, and even when they have mid-length combos it's because they used meter to extend it

Most characters in most Soul Calibur games do not have long combos
>>
>>254416125
>>254416570
Smash DI is in the game. Someone tested it with Pikachu's DSmash and it's totally there.
>>
File: Cloud ver.5.webm (2 MB, 1152x650) Image search: [Google]
Cloud ver.5.webm
2 MB, 1152x650
How do you feel about this one?
>>
>>254417324

No, my question was: Are you an expert on mental disorders?
>>
>>254417250
Last blade 2 is a broken mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX2F7SS420Q
>>
>>254417492
I love fanservice games that don't suck, so I love it.
>>
File: 1405971331662.jpg (12 KB, 224x213) Image search: [Google]
1405971331662.jpg
12 KB, 224x213
>complaining about long combos in Mahvel games

That and the tag/assist system are the selling points of that series.
>>
>>254417492

I never played Dissidia 2 but that looks escapable to me when she hits the ground

Even still it relies on some janky shit and I doubt this could be done reliably. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not expert on this game.
>>
>>254417005

He's shitposting. Use avoidingthepuddle.com, levelupyourgame and tekkenzaibatsu.com as resources for learning Tekken.

Personally, I wouldn't start with Nina as a new player. She's quite tricky to play and her core combos are reasonably execution-heavy (think multiple consecutive Viper SJCs).
>>
>>254417543
>Last blade 2 is a broken mess.

So is MVC2 and it is still in top tier.
>>
>>254398130
Long combos are fine as long as its not touch of death shit.
>>
>>254417761
There is a difference between being broken and absolute broken.
>>
>>254416825
That's funny because I was actually the number 7 Tager on the XBL leaderboard for CT and CS. He meant unreasonable as in unreasonable to execute. Not like complete bullshit to get hit with fuck litchi in CT
>>
File: bloody roar 3.webm (984 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bloody roar 3.webm
984 KB, 640x480
>>254417250
Don't pretend you know anything about Bloody Roar 3 anon
>>
File: 1405041148567.jpg (76 KB, 500x257) Image search: [Google]
1405041148567.jpg
76 KB, 500x257
>>254417642
>complaining that one of the main selling points makes the game less fun
>wrong
Try again
>>
>>254417694
>She's quite tricky to play and her core combos are reasonably execution-heavy (think multiple consecutive Viper SJCs).
Too bad I'm stubborn, and I like her. I'll take a peek at those websites. Not a huge fan of using online resources to learn, but it's worth a look.
>>
Correct way: GG, SF

Incorrect way: BB, Marvel
>>
>>254417642

That doesn't make it any better of a mechanic.
>>
>>254417853

Yup.

There is a difference between fighting games

and

Yun.
>>
File: Baby Dhalsim Enjoys His Bottle.jpg (105 KB, 581x436) Image search: [Google]
Baby Dhalsim Enjoys His Bottle.jpg
105 KB, 581x436
>God Tier

Alpha 3, Third Strike, Super Turbo

>High Tier

Capcom vs SNK 2, Ultra IV, Skullgirls and MvsC2

>Mid Tier
Alpha 2, Persona 4 Arena, MvsC3, TvsC

>Low Tier
Mortal Kombat 9, Injustice, The Soul Calibur Franchise

>Garbage Tier
Tekken 4

Out of the games I've played, at least.
>>
>>254417460
Was it from a build after E3? That's actually pretty good to know.

Glad to hear that the game isn't abandoning its tech needlessly.
>>
>>254417853

Broken is nothing more than broken when it comes to fighting games.
>>
>>254418091

>Soul Calibur low tier for combos

I want to fight you nigger but you are entitle to your shit opinion
>>
>>254417967

>Not a huge fan of using online resources to learn, but it's worth a look.

You don't have a choice when it comes to Tekken. The game doesn't teach you shit about its core systems including its movement techniques etc.
>>
>>254418128
It was a Best Buy build. I'm pretty sure there's a video of it somewhere.
>>
File: Dan.jpg (149 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Dan.jpg
149 KB, 1024x768
I didn't want to create an unwarranted new thread for such a minor question, but are there any videos out there of Dan winning a tournament? I want to see Dan play.
>>
File: For shits and giggles.webm (2 MB, 1152x650) Image search: [Google]
For shits and giggles.webm
2 MB, 1152x650
>>254417678
Nah, hitting the ground is the only combo-able state that is untechable. All hits after knockdown were untechable as well.

The only really unreliable thing here is the last part where he thrusts her up and then proceeds to hit her with a 1-framer into HP attack. And there are many other ways to make it easier-reliable, albeit less damaging. Pic related, ender could be something much easier here but I chose fancy stuff.
>>
>>254398664
>tfw you thought Urien looked lame as shit when you first saw him
>you then realized how fucking amazing he was at high levels of execution
I give zero shits he has an unblockable setup, that shit is amazing.

To the topic at hand I enjoyed some of the older games systems, not only was it a lower barrier to entry in terms of picking up fighters, it didn't get obnoxious like how blazblue had 20 sec long resets with Litchi in CT
>>
>>254418152
Not really. Mvc2 has mechanics (bugs) that balance each other. While games like Last Blade became games when the person who lands the first hit wins.
>>
>>254418558

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6gLrUWDJHE Sanford plays a GREAT Dan when he isn't throwing his sticks.
>>
>>254418558

Dan has become a troll character. People playing Dan seriously usually can't go very far with it.

I'm not saying there are no Dan players, but the actual potential on this character seems very limited.

I prefer Dan players who don't play seriously, running away all the time and taunt your ass to make you angry. It seemed more natural to play him like that.
>>
File: 1405744324325.png (80 KB, 337x405) Image search: [Google]
1405744324325.png
80 KB, 337x405
>>254418738
>Sanford plays a GREAT Dan when he isn't throwing his sticks.
>>
>>254418219
>What is Fighting Lab
>>
File: Juni VC.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Juni VC.webm
1 MB, 640x480
>>254418091
>Alpha 3
Mah niggah
>>
>>254418610

Isn't the homing fireball bit a bit unreliable?

Maybe I'm wrong, like I said, I never played this game only the first one and never very seriously
>>
As a smash player, I've come into this thread out of interest. Could someone explain to me where the fun is in traditional fg combos? For the player combing it's executing a memorised pattern, and for the one being combo'd you're doing nothing at all. The game has essentially stopped until the combo is over- there's no interactions between the players, or improvisation on either side. Or at this is how it seems at least.

Not a shitpost, I'm genuinely interested in what you think.
>>
>>254417448
Wrong
>>
>>254398130
>Injustice
Really? Injustice bnbs look like this:
back+2, trait, 2, 2, Down, Back, 1, 2, 2, Down, Back, Meter Burn 3, Back 2, 3, Up, 1+2.

And SF4 combos look like this:
J.hk, B+mp, hp, HCF+lk, FADC, B+mp, hp, DP, FADC, QCF QCF PPP.

Marvel 3 combos look like this:
1, 2, crouching 3, Launch, 2, 2, 3, QCF 1, super jump 2, 2, 3 QCF 1, 2, 3, Launch, 2, 2, 3, Knockdown, DF3, QCB 1+2, 1, 2, 1, 2, assist, jump, 2, 2, 3, 4, Assist 2, DF 3, QCF 1+2.

There's a big difference.
>>
File: 1390878323765.png (372 KB, 540x530) Image search: [Google]
1390878323765.png
372 KB, 540x530
>>254418091
>mortal kombat 9 in low tier
>all that alpha shit
>>
>>254419494

I'm a SC player and I think my post above is relevent to your interests
>>254414594
>>
>>254419539
>numbers for Marvel
The fuck? I thought it was LMHS.
>>
>>254419494
>Not a shitpost
which is why you tried to talk down to people while claiming you're a smash player, right? :^)
>>
>>254419376
How many fightan .webms do you have?
>>
File: 92455872.jpg (12 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
92455872.jpg
12 KB, 250x187
>>254398664
What's wrong with poke game? Hell, pokes are the best parts of fighting games.

And no, it wouldn't only be poke game, because you still would have zoning, mixups, wakeup game, ect. Also, certain moves do more damage than other move, which means that instead of combos, just give everyone a punisher that does a fuck ton of damage.

It can be done. It wouldn't be that bad of a game either.
>>
ST and 98 already got it right, they don't need to be anything other than short and sweet

I hate SF4's 1f link festival and 13's CMV simulator known as HD mode but they're the closest I'll get to playing the fighters I really like outside of GGPO
>>
>>254399093
I liked how J stars did it, minus the whole some characters are way better than others
>>
>>254419882
Combos are the reward for good playing and execution.
>>
File: 1403242473034.jpg (28 KB, 450x325) Image search: [Google]
1403242473034.jpg
28 KB, 450x325
>>254419539
>sf4 combo
>souble fadc with ultra at end
>ever actually seen outside of combo videos
>>
>>254398130
Anyone play 3rd strike on GGPO pc? How friendly is it to beginners?

I think I would absolutely love the shit out of SF4 if they dropped the 1-frame links and allowed a handful more to chain those hits. SF4 does combo damage well, execution is complete dogshit by sheer virtue that you have to plink/pray for netcode.
>>
>>254419695
It's normally LMHS, but for comparison, I used numbers. Numbers don't work with SF, so I didn't use them.

Nevertheless, that's a paraphrased (It's likely wrong, and depends heavenly on assists, but essentially, it's doable with some changes.) 4 meter strider combo with two assists. I know there are longer, and better combos, some of which use less meter.
>>
>>254418091
>Alpha 3

FUCK YES

>Third Strike

FUCK YES

>Super Turbo

Well, I play HD Remix, but close enough.

>Capcom vs SNK 2

FUCK YEA- I hate that there still isn't a good way to play this outside of emulation. I was hoping it'd get the Third Strike treatment. The version available on PSN is shit.

>Ultra IV

Eh, it's okay. It's literally the vanilla of fighting games right now.

>Skullgirls

Though I don't like the game, I respect it on a technical level

>MvsC2

Never been a fan.

>Alpha 2

3 is better in every way.

>Persona 4

It's fine for what it is.

>MvsC3

Never been a fan

>TvsC

Never played, no Wii stick.
>>
P4A is $14.99 on the store right now, yay or nay?
>>
>>254419494

As someone who played 5 years of Melee and shat on getting gud at other fighters for many years before going hypeshit for 3rd Strike, let me answer your question.

First, I suggest you get into different genres of fighting games. Variety is fun. Then, if one inparticular hooks you up (like what happened when I started playing 3S), try to get into it a little bit more and see if it draws you in.

Because if I am to give you an answer is that it is the exact same feeling you get when you pull off combos in Melee or are able to wavedash strategically and fluently. A "FUCK YEAH" hype feeling of knowing that you maneuver this character well.

Despite the whole taboo with Smash being a fighting game, we all share the same sentiment when playing any of them. I still love Smash and I still play Melee competitively, but I also started playing more fighting games and got a new fetish one in the form of 3S.

Funny thing, what got me into 3S is playing SF4 originally. I bought SF4 because I wanted to relive the SF2 hype of my childhood and I found out Street Fighter was much deeper than I used to think as a 8 years old kid.
>>
File: 1349982984177.jpg (23 KB, 340x321) Image search: [Google]
1349982984177.jpg
23 KB, 340x321
>>254419323
But why bother wasting dozens of hours of your own time finding and learning all the system intricacies and oddities when they're all well documented online
>>
>>254420217
No. P4U2 is coming out.
>>
>>254418738
Not a street fighter player but is Psycho crusher hard to punish or is that the character/player just missing punishes on it? He looked too far twice.
>>
>>254419494
>no interaction between characters
What are footsies and neutral game?
>no improvisation
What is a hit confirm?

>memorized combos
It's more muscle memory than anything.

>For the one being combo'd you're doing nothing at all
Your answer is in how you recover. Of course you can't escape the combo until it's over. That's kind of the point of a combo. If you just got combos for free, then I'd understand you finding it boring, but it's not that simple. Defense is very imporrtant as well. Just going in isn't always the best idea. Actually, it's usually a bad idea unless you know exactly what you're doing(and how the other person might respond).

Unlike SSB, you don't get punished for utilizing defense. You can block for as long as you need to(or as long as you actually can). Defense works a bit differently in the game, so approach methods differ as well.

>>254419539
That SF combo is waaaaay too long.
>>
File: 1370262558565.gif (913 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1370262558565.gif
913 KB, 400x300
I prefer short combos, but only because I'm just bad at fighting games. Whenever I try to do anything complex I just get this weird sensory overload and fuck up.
>>
>>254420327
He's playing Dan, and Dan has limited options.
>>
>>254418738
I'm so used to associating Sanford with throwing his stick that sometimes I forget how good he is at the game.
>>
>>254419647
Casual detected
>>
>>254420375
You missed his point. There aren't any footsies are neutral game while one person is comboing another. One person is inputting commands and the other person is praying he fucks up.

Which is why I fucking hate Marvel.
>>
>>254420578
thats what I figured, I've heard the name sanford before so I'd assume he'd get punishes if it was a option for him.
>>
Who wants to play some 3s on Xbox?

Anybody?

;_;
>>
>>254419539
>SF4 bnb
>wastes super meter on two FADC's and ultra at the end
>>
>>254420217
Game is dead, get the new one.

>>254420593
Didn't that just happen recently?
>>
>>254419748
That was all of them
>>
>>254420691
The XBOX scene for 3s is non-existent. The PS3 scene for it is ridiculously huge. I really don't understand it.
>>
File: Cloud corner specific.webm (2 MB, 1152x650) Image search: [Google]
Cloud corner specific.webm
2 MB, 1152x650
>>254419392
No worries, if you got something to say it still gives me a reason to post.

I found that after the Cecil assist the homing fireball connects always and checked it on all the cast so its pretty reliable. There's also a funny corner variant, pic related, where you can chain crazy stuff since homing fireball gives a lot of stun on hit.
>>
>>254420073
There are other ways to give execution barriers. Parries are one way. But really, execution doesn't need to be in every fighting game. It's not so important to the genera that you can't make a game without it.

Also, no combos are a way to give big damage, but make it so that damage isn't always guaranteed. It has nothing to do with rewarding the player.

Virtua Fighter 5:FS has few combos, and they tend not to be very hard. However, regular moves can be VERY hard, depending on the character. Also, the game has counterhit moves, which instead of leading into a combo, just to a fuck ton of damage (Backflip, body check), as well as big damage grabs (Burning Hammer, Akira's launcher grab).

VF5 wouldn't need much tweaking if you got rid of combos. You'd just need to up damage on anything that launches. The game is already hard enough, execution wise, that combos don't add much to it.
>>
>>254419539
>SF4 combo
>FADC twice
>calls that a bnb
You know where you fucked up?
>>
>>254420635
Marvel's best moments is the neutral when you have assists out and trying to get the first hit. I do agree that Marvel needs to tone down the combos, but that;s still the major appeal of the games.
>>
>>254398130
>Injustice
>long, complicated combos

Are you kidding? I love Injustice so I'm not knocking it but not only is the game dial a combo but they're not even that long.
>>
>>254420375
You don't get punished for defense in SSB. You can see it in Evo Top 8, people hated how defensive the game could be played essentially 'for free'.

I agree with everything else you said though.
>>
>>254420327
Psycho crushers are nothing to worry about if you have a good punish, which Dan doesn't. Scissor kicks are what you really have a hard time punishing.
>>
File: Hugo.jpg.png (483 KB, 709x1000) Image search: [Google]
Hugo.jpg.png
483 KB, 709x1000
>All I want to do is get good at Hugo in 3s

>All I do is get bodied by Chun Li and Ken online
>>
>>254420775
There's people, it's just that they're all shitty Akumas or Yuns from 3rd world countries that win because of their awful internet.
>>
>>254420129

I always thought that going in into an unfriendly and unwelcoming environment of predators that rape your shit was a good thing to git gud.

The better the players, the better your chance to improve. If you're smart about how you play and figure out what you'Re doing wrong, getting used to playing with good people as a bonus will make you develop faster than if you go with tiny pussy steps by spending 8 hours in Training mode to memorize a combo execution on a defenseless dummy.

The best way to become fluent at combos, as I do it personally, is to, first, learn them and, then, apply them under pressure.

You'll spend the longest time missing and not being able to execute anything at all, but, eventually, you'll get used to the pressure and as you get used to it, your mind becomes clearer and calm, allowing you to better execute them under pressure.

Just play people, dude, even if losing sucks, you don't have a choice but to go through losing a million matches before you understand what's going on.

Just remember fighting games are videogames, you play them for fun, you don't have to aim for Daigo tier just because everyone tells you fighting games are super scary hard. Just get in, have some fun, appreciate the experience and get better at your own pace.
>>
>>254420123
I've done them, online, with lag.

That's actually a quite simple Oni combo. It's just really meter intensive. It's still useful in round 3, if time is running low, because it's easier to hit than SGS or raw ultra, and grinds away the clock like a motherfucker.
>>
>>254420932
>You don't get punished for defense in SSB.
Well, I was referring to a shield breaking.

>>254420635
I don't think I did. I was saying combos aren't free. The "fun" in combos is largely in executing them, and a lot goes into that. Like I said, combos aren't free.
>>
File: 1405873325839.png (186 KB, 416x398) Image search: [Google]
1405873325839.png
186 KB, 416x398
>>254420691
I will play, but I'm bad so don't expect much
Gt:gl gigabyte
>>
>>254421016
Was more directed at are there nothing but killers playing or would I run into a few people who won't be quite so top. I am fine with running into high level opponents. But there is a very fine line between a learning experience and a brick wall when it comes to fighers.
>>
>>254416358
Awful.
>>
>>254420962
Watch some Hayao or Y.S.B. Obviously you won't be able to rip out standing 720's to punish whiffs, but standing 360's are very simple.

Load up training mode and set Ken as your opponent. Record his best pokes and just punish those over and over again in different ways. Once you have punishing pokes down, set up rushdowns and punish those. Once you have that down learn how to punish "safe" moves etc. etc.

Use 360 more to make them regret getting close, then use Hugo's great pokes to make them regret attacking. Then you own the game, man.
>>
>>254411980
Just finished watching this

>Killer Instinct started long combos
This guy doesn't even know his fighting games

Darkstalkers was THE fighting game that solidified long combo strings, and even that was okay because the game moves so fast, landing a combo is a reward in itself and the combo timing is a bit stricter
>>
>>254421396
Standing 720's are easy as pie in 3s by using the Hajiki Screw
>>
>>254421286
I'll send you a FR and load up 3s.
>>
File: art_hugo.jpg (75 KB, 2000x1400) Image search: [Google]
art_hugo.jpg
75 KB, 2000x1400
>>254420962

Hugo is a lower tier character so you'll have to compensate on a lot of things.

That being said, Hugo is used so rarely competitively that you can really mix up other players. They aren't used to fighting Hugo, you can use that to your advantage.

Hugo is NOT a combo based character. Don't go into the game thinking you're going to be like Chun Li and pull off amazing combos. Hugo's strength is in his normals. His normals are so obscenely strong that you can get as much damage from a couple of them as you can from one of Yun's longer combos.

Your most powerful and useful move is your standing Strong punch. It has incredible range and massive damage. This is the move you'll use to largely control the match -- that is your strategy when you play Hugo, CONTROL, control the entire match.

Your next most powerful normal is crouching Forward kick. This acts as Hugo's sweep, and is actually the fastest sweep in the game.

Do not use standing Roundhouse kick, it's useless.

Standing fierce punch is your go to overhead. It may look simple, but it's going to be the third part of your normal trinity.

Standing Strong Punch, Crouching Forward Kick, Standing Fierce Punch.

These are your key moves.

Obviously you're going to want your 720 super. Not only does it do obscene damage, but it intimidates players. The moment they see you choose that, they are going to be expecting it -- use that to your advantage. They aren't going to be expecting you bashing them to shit with normals. They are going to be too busy waiting for your 720.

That being said, your 720 can win you a match pretty easily. Most people execute it by doing a jumping splash (You may note I didn't include Hugo's splash in the 'Trinity' as I call it. While it's a good crossup, it's nothing to write home about) and then landing in their 7 20.

The problem with this is that it's very predictable.

Personally, I say master the Hajiki Screw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIftOZwKO3M

(Cont)
>>
Anyone who uses the words "memorize/d/ing combos" has no idea what they are talking about or is shitposting.

Learning your combos and executing them consistently against another player is literally the very first thing you do in order to be an utterly average player. The core of most fighters is attempting to land those initial hits against a competent player. Combos being long shouldn't even be a factor since getting opened up and allowing the combo to land on you is 99% on you. The other 1% is fucking Eddie and his FRC unblockables jesus christ
>>
File: index.jpg (164 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
164 KB, 1200x1600
>>254420962

(cont)

The Hajiki Screw looks hard but it really isn't. I've known people who could pretty much master it after half an hour in training mode. It's literally like snapping your fingers on the joystick.

Once you can master that, it's only a bit more practice to double the move. Standing 720s with Hugo are devastating due to the range his standing medium punch puts you at. Blocked or unblocked, a standing Strong punch can lead directly into your 720.

What else...

If your opponent is fishing around, a standing Jab punch is a good option to push him away without giving him much of an opening. While most Grapplers have fairly shitty jabs, Hugo's is standard.

Other than that, master the parry game. A lot of people can get Hugo to a mid-level playing style, but if you want your Hugo to be competition ready, you need to master his parry game.

Hugo's anti air throw can be stopped by nearly any incoming air attack, which means most people will use jump in attacks on you.

However, if you can parry their jump ins, you recover before them, with enough time to pull off any of your command throws, or if you've mastered your Hajiki Screw, you can counter every parry with a 720.

I played Hugo in the competitive circuit for six years, while he may not have flashy combos, I don't think there is anyone in the game more capable of controlling the match better than him, and online surprise will be your greatest ally.

People don't know what to do against Hugo, and once they see you've chosen his 720 super, all they will focus on is avoiding it.

The best Hugo player in the world, Hayao, has won tournament finals using only normal attacks.

Wow this was a lot longer of a post than I intended, but I hope it helps.
>>
>>254420775
Isn't the online for the PS3 worse though? I might actually get it if it's any good.
>>
>>254416610
Accurate but needs updated with newer games.
>>
>>254400048
>HD Remix.
For what purpose?

Nobody even plays that game anymore.
>>
>>254421889

The PS3 used to have some serious issues, but an early patched fixed that up. I frequently get very smooth games even with yellow bar players.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.