[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Titanfall bomb?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 15
File: Titanfall_Boxart.jpg (98 KB, 550x712) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall_Boxart.jpg
98 KB, 550x712
Why did Titanfall bomb?
>>
Smart pistol is annoying and killing grunts is boring.

Also, only 6v6 and no single player
>>
Because it wasn't very good.
>>
Because no-one owns an Xbox One
</thread>
>>
>>254207449
It bombed on PC too
>>
>>254206704
Bad support, especially at launch
Bad marketing too
>>
It's just another god damn Call of Duty-esque multiplayer shooter thing with tons and tons of marketing dollars behind it. Just because there's mechs in it now doesn't change shit.
>>
>>254207603
Everything bombs on PC tho.
>>
Could have sworn I saw this thread yesterday.
>>
>>254207638
Except it's made by the people who made CoD4 and it's quite a bit different to CoD (e.g. the movement merchanics)
>>
>>254206704
Because it wasn't Halo or CoD.

Only reason Destiny will do well is because Bungie made Halo, so it in turn feels sort of like Halo.
>>
>>254207603
Origin
>>
>>254206704
>killing grunts
>>
played it for 30 hours. it was boring as hell 80% of the time you are killing bots and there is hardly any customization as well -_-
>>
>>254207603
>origin

that being said, they wanted to CoD audience but the CoD audience wants CoD
>>
>>254207603
Who actually wants to use Origin.
>>
Because the Call of Duty audience doesn't buy anything other than Call of Duty and Fifa/Madden. EA is too fucking retarded to notice this and has ran franchises into the ground just to try to appeal to an audience that will never buy their games.
>>
Because it's a new IP but is the same as an old IP.

That and some retarded design decisions, like the compulsory AI. Remember when shills tried to call it an FPS MOBA?
>>
The fact that there is only a handful of weapons, no customization, and only 3 titans. So lame, it feels almost free to play the lack of content there is.
>>
>>254207638
>>254206704
it was a "okay" game
it wasnt that bad
the mechs chaged the gameplay
the big problem was the match making, server and other little shit
EA or RE fucked the game just with too much annoying little things
stopped after like 27h
was worth my 30€
>>
>>254206704
Because anyone who played it for awhile realized that it'd be better without bots or Titans, and a larger weapon base.

The movement and maps are fun, the player builds you can do are pretty entertaining, but there just isn't enough.

I'd say 8vs8 or 10vs10 for the map size would be a nice balance, no titans (or a separate Titan only mode and separate Infantry only mode), and expanded weapon/perk content would have been far more successful IMO.
>>
>>254207081
>6v6
If the dev thinks that 6v6 is perfect for the game then why not?

Is Cs now shit`?
Csgo is shit
Are Planetside2 and Battlefield 4 the best multyplayer shooter now?
>>
I genuinely think Titanfall looks fun and I think /v/ is a bit of a hivemind bandwagon about this stuff.

But I won't touch it because I am allergic to Origin. Tried it once, never again.

I can't really say this is the reason though. People who think like me probably make up less than 1% of the demographic.
>>
They tried way too hard to make it a system seller. If they just released it like any other game it could have been a rival to CoD. But no, gotta tie it to origin and the Xbox brand so MS and EA get their shekels.
>>
>>254208396
The maps were originally designed to be 8v8 but the Xbox One couldn't handle that number of titans without slowdown so they cut it down at the last minute.
>>
>>254207081
there's nothing inherently wrong with 6v6

go play quake team deathmatch
>>
>>254208396
>>254208856
You do realise it's 2014, right? People have different expectations compared to games from a decade ago.
>>
File: Titanfall 6v6 explanation.png (419 KB, 1866x258) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall 6v6 explanation.png
419 KB, 1866x258
>>254207081
>6v6
>>
>>254206704
it did?
it sold over 1 million physical copies in the month of March alone.
>>
Mostly marketing, not much game
>>
>>254208396
6v6 is not enough for those maps.
12 titans are too much for those maps.
They had to either do this or limit the amount of titans, a big selling point, on a map at once.

>Csgo is shit
1.6>GO>>>CS Online>Source
1.6 is infested by fake servers, cheaters, Russians and BRs so the next best thing is GO
>>
>>254209139
>implying a AAA game only selling 1m copies at launch isn't a bomb
>>
>>254206704

>number 1 game 3 months in a row
>1.1 million in 4 weeks on XBone alone (more than inFamous on PS4)
>"bomb"

lel
>>
>>254209489
>implying that's all it sold
I said physical copies, that doesn't include digital downloads
>>
>>254209630
EA would have released the sales figures if they were good.
>>
>>254206704
It certainly underperformed, but apparently it made a profit. Not big enough to satisfy EA of course, but it was a profit.
At its core, Titanfail is a good game. It's very well balanced, has a nice number of varied maps and the Burncard system is fantastic.

The problem is that, while the core gameplay is very strong, there isn't enough "meat" surrounding it to attract people and keep people playing.
There aren't many pilot or titan weapons, so choices are limited (although this makes balance easier), there are few weapon customization options and no visual titan customizations other than single emblems (which you hardly see).
Gamemodes are rather limited as well.

It's like a really good tapas. It's incredibly delicious and you want a whole meal from it, but all you get is a tiny plate with 4-5 bites. Also it cost as much as a main course meal.
>>
File: Laughing Ares.gif (3 MB, 260x291) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Ares.gif
3 MB, 260x291
I love how people still use the same crap arguments to defend the game even after it bombed.
>>
too much marketing

If this game didn't try so hard to be a cod-killer it would have found a nice place as a cod-clone but EA set it up to fall.
>>
>>254209039
yeah and people these days want every game to be battlefield, kill yourself
>>
>>254211430
Don't you mean titanfall?
>>
File: 1309412043581.jpg (21 KB, 535x484) Image search: [Google]
1309412043581.jpg
21 KB, 535x484
>>254211732
>>
>>254209106
They shouldn't have made titans so fucking easy to access

the titans are the worst part of the game anyway, it works much better as a parkour FPS. Titans control identically to pilots so it just feels like you're playing a slower version of the same game, and they're destroyed so easily there's no sense of power when piloting one.
>>
>>254207081
>smart pistol
>somehow OP
if you get killed by the smart pistol you're retarded.
>>
>>254212068
Bullshit. Players bunnyhop with Smartpistols, because they don't have to aim, and then shoot you from around corners. It's fucking irritating.
>>
>>254212490
Also: it's always folks with Smart Pistols tend to end up on the top of the scoreboard, which suggest there's a balance issue.
>>
>>254211972
>They shouldn't have made titans so fucking easy to access

The entire gist of the game is that you're a titan pilot and that the titans are literally mass-produced during the battle.

>the titans are the worst part of the game anyway

Good to know that you're the worst kind of Titanfall player, then.

>Titans control identically to pilots so it just feels like you're playing a slower version of the same game

Except that the dynamics of titan combat is completely different from player combat.
And fucking duh it's supposed to feel like a "slower" version (you're actually MUCH faster than pilots) of playing a human, the titans are supposed to be giant extensions of your own body, not a single-crewed vehicle.
It's not a tank or an AT-ST, it's like a gigantic suit of power armor, like the PowerLoader from Aliens but on a larger scale.

>and they're destroyed so easily there's no sense of power when piloting one

Hardly, unless you're a really fucking bad player. Anti-titan weapons are a minor threat unless you ignore them. If you think you die quickly in the titans, you're probably the guy who charges head-on into an Ogre in a Stryder and whines when you get rekt.
Against human players, you are a force to be reckoned with. You will one or two-shot them with your weapons, and you can easily smash them by punching them or simply walking over them.

Do you even go fast?
>>
>>254212490
You must be incredibly bad if you die to players using the smartpistol. You have literally three or four seconds to kill them, and they're fairly close if they're locking-on even if they have the enhanced smartpistol.

>and then shoot you from around corners

Except that doesn't happen, the smart-pistol requires a line-of-sight lock to work.

>>254212831
>Also: it's always folks with Smart Pistols tend to end up on the top of the scoreboard, which suggest there's a balance issue.

Except that isn't true, at all. Unless you only play Attrition, in which case: lel. In Attrition the smartpistol is good because you can rack up attrition points real quick with it. But those player's player kill count and k/d ratio fucking suck.

The people who top the scoreboards in other, non-pleb game-modes use the Shotgun, R-97 SMG, C.A.R. SMG and RC-101R Carbine.
>>
File: Titanfall militia tears.jpg (99 KB, 307x363) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall militia tears.jpg
99 KB, 307x363
>>254212490
Jesus Christ, how fucking bad do you have to be to die to a smartpistol?

Also, IMC stronk, fuck Militia faggots.
>>
>>254213857
>You must be incredibly bad if you die to players using the smartpistol

Bullshit. "Git gud" is the standard excuse for bullshit OP weapons. You can't do much if someone wall-runs and bunny-hops behind you, drops down and kills you in one shot before you have time to react. It's not fun at all and is a really shitty frustrating, really game mechanic.

I've seen a fuckton of people doing 10+-0 using this strategy so it's not just me.

And, yes, I mostly play Attrition. The rest of the game modes are fucking terrible and aren't fun, Hardpoint in particular. MFD is the only other half-decent game mode.
>>
>>
>>254207638
the funny thing that 90% of people who say its just CoD are the ones that only watched gameplays with the "b-but i played it at my friends house!1"

shit, when i first watched a gameplay my first thought was "COD", that was until i played the beta for 20 hours
>>
>>254208010
>-_-

hi there, welcome to /V/!
>>
>>254206704

Origin exclusive.

If they'd put it on steam, people would still be playing it.

The fast gameplay also makes it bullshit to try and play with a controller.
>>
Because they did not release an animated series to go with it.
>>
>>254208208
dont say it wasmt that bad just because you will get shit from /v/, anon. it was very good and addictive!
>>
>>254214823
I used to feel the same until I played the beta as well. It feels like a modern interpretation of arena shooters with vehicles, like UT2k4
People who play it like they play CoD typically do really poorly, while people who play it like they play Quake 3 or UT2k4 do really well (especially if they can strafe-jump properly).
>>
>>254208057
>EA is made of one developer and hes retarted
you got it wrong boy, its called marketing
>>
>>254214987
Why? No-one plays CoD:Ghosts on Steam either
>>
Personally never seen any reason to buy it.

>Origin exclusive

Nah. Either use steam or don't force me to use your fucking awful platform (I realise Steam isn't much better, but I've been on it since 2004, rather there than anywhere else).

>Variety

Where is the variety? I'm sure the core gameplay is fine, perhaps even interesting and creative but where is all the gamemodes?

Let's take a MP classic, UT2k4 . That had fucking tons of shit to keep everyone happy. Perhaps its the loss of community driven content that leads to these games becoming stale after a few months, you only need to look at TF2 and all the metric fuck tons of crap that people make to know community content is, overall, a good thing.
>>
File: 1401344560690.gif (2 MB, 400x174) Image search: [Google]
1401344560690.gif
2 MB, 400x174
>>254206704
Not enough endgame content.

COD players like to have stuff occupy them, that's why COD games have all those stupid camos and sight reticles that require 500 kills to unlock.
>See Diamond Camo for BO2

Titanfall didn't have much, and you could unlock everything in a few days if you play good.
>>
>>254215704
>Let's take a MP classic, UT2k4
Jesus christ, I forget that it's all kids in /v/
>>
No dedi servers doesn't help

>From the UK
>Join a server
>Everyone is speaking French or Russian
>>
>>254216080
>UT2K4

You do realize that teenagers who played UT2K4 in its prime are all in their mid-late 20s now, right?
And that the college kids that played UT2K4 in its prime are all in their 30's now, right?
>>
>>254216080
UT99 elitist pls go.
>>
>>254206704

Because they charged $60 for a $30 game (which it still isn't $30)

like really, what were they thinking?
>>
How does it play in comparison to something like Blacklight Retribution?
I really enjoyed that game, but couldn't stand the shitty f2p equipment rental system.
>>
>fastest gameplay since tribes ascend
>perfect hit registration, where you point hits
>aim and reactions actually mean something again

Lets shove burn cards, titans and auto pistols in the game so even the most retarded players can get kills.

It's always something /v/.. When will games ever reward the players with the skill again, like back in the old days.. And you know, actually survive longer than 3-6 months?

Titanfall was dead before it even made it to the first map pack.
>>
>>254216080
Do you even realise what fucking year it is?
>>
>>254209106
theres many ways to actually make this work
>more expansive corridors
>titan cap or not just having them be so easy to get a hold of.

it was a bland game with some good ideas to it.
>>
>>254216791
>Burncards

Implying that the adrenal infusion, prosthetic legs, spectre camo and massive payload aren't fun as fuck.

>titans

Titans are fun as fuck.

>auto pistols

Which are fucking shit. Only a shitter would loose to a smartpistol user in a straight-up fight.
>>
>>254206704
Titan fall is ___fun___

i have loads of fun running around the map but the titan controls are clunky, and other than the parkour it feels like CoD with transformers
>>
>>254216791
is every weapon hitscan? from the way you worded it, thats how it sounds
>>
>>254206704
>FPS
>Multiplayer only
>Online only
>Requires Origin
>Made by people who not only have never made a good game, but have made lots of money for making bad games
>Made by people who hate mechs
>More money spent marketing it than actually making it

This game had absolutely zero chance of ever being anything but complete shit so you've got me, I've no idea why it bombed, it seemed to have everything you need to succeed in the Western market
>>
>>254209106
No destructibility and small player/weapon count just made the game seem small like they were afraid of really pushing the idea of a mech war with infantry combat. They could of have had flying mechs armored transports and longer rocket pack burns to help cross the map but nope they really just wanted to be COD with robots.
>>
>>254217119
>More expansive corridors

Wouldn't work and would just divide the map into sub-divisions with no-mans-land ruled by titans.

>Titan cap or not just having them be so easy to get a hold of

The design philosophy of the game was "everyone is a titan pilot and everyone gets a titan". Increasing the timer wouldn't help the traffic-congestion issues.
>>
>play a game of Titanfall for the first time in months to prove I'm not shitty
>get top of scoreboard
>can't figure out how to take a screenshot of the scoreboard
>>
>>254209106

>so many mechs on the battlefield their dead carcasses are piling up

How is this a bad thing? That looks awesome.
>>
>>254217734
>needing to validate yourself this much.
>>
>>254217498
>No destructibility and small player/weapon count just made the game seem small like they were afraid of really pushing the idea of a mech war with infantry combat.

The game wasn't supposed to by a mech war with infantry combat, it is supposed to be mechs vs humans.

>How is this a bad thing? That looks awesome.

You read wrong, it's not the mech carcasses, it's the live mechs THEMSELVES that create traffic jams. And it's not awesome, it's annoying because your team ends up getting shot by enemy mechs sniping with plasma railguns while you're trying to retreat, but there's a friendly mech in the way.
>>
>>254209106
>implying a huge pileup of corpses and robots and assorted debris wouldn't make an awesome battleground
It's like they never even played Cortex Command
>>
>>254217310
>Which are fucking shit. Only a shitter would loose to a smartpistol user in a straight-up fight.
You know that not every encounter is a straight-up fight right?,
Like, people camping or running behing you, or even above you while you are engaging agains other players.
For fucks sake, is a FPS autoaim is unacceptable, even if it is nerfed, it goes against the nature of the genre.
>>
What's with all these "Why did Titanfall bomb?" threads as of late?

Fucking stop it already.
>>
>>254218345
Sounds to me like they should have made mechs less common and much more powerful.

Imagine how much fun it would be for a team of 3-4 people to take down a super-powerful mech? This is the difference between Respawn and someone like Valve.
>>
>>254218345
Well, they just need bigger maps, I suppose.
>>
>>254218418
I don't think you read the post correctly, it doesn't mention a pileup of corpses and robots and assorted debris, it's a pileup of LIVE robots.

Like a mech traffic jam. Except one mech is getting shot and can't retreat.
>>
>>254218667
>Sounds to me like they should have made mechs less common and much more powerful.

Well that defeated Respawn's idea of "everyone gets a mech". Plus the lore kinda treats the titans themselves basically like disposable rocket launchers.
Yours getting destroyed just warrants mild annoyance while the logistics crew gets to working on your replacement.
>>
>>254218509
Boom, this kid gets it. The Parkour mechanics and the height of the maps make it really easy to do.
>>
>>254218345
>it is supposed to be mechs vs humans.

If that is the case then they did not execute the mech or the human part well enough. Not enough classes or customization options for the mechs and not enough weapons for the pilots. They can scream balance all day long but it lacked content.
>>
the game would've been goty with a $40 price tag or more content. i'm a 360 player and i love the game, the gameplay is very solid
>>
>>254218702
Bigger maps wouldn't have worked, because then the pilots would start to loose their ability to avoid titans by using verticality and maneuverability.
Some of the larger maps (Fracture, Colony, Lagoon) actually suffer from this to a small extent, the Titans just end up being too powerful because the pilots have to traverse large, open spaces.
>>
File: 1379879938662.jpg (45 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1379879938662.jpg
45 KB, 500x375
>friend jumps on the hype train for this game
>our spring break lined up perfectly for the release date
>says he's going to do nothing but play throughout the whole week
>plays it for 2 days
>he's back to playing counter strike by saturday

according to him, the game was just very limited in terms of map diversity and modes. also, he showed me a bunch of his end game scoreboards where he got top score by really wide margins, and said winning all the time like that was boring as fuck.

it's funny how this game basically fell off the face of the earth after a week or so, sort of like the elder scrolls online
>>
>>254218509
>You know that not every encounter is a straight-up fight right?

You do realize that if they were using literally any other weapon, you'd still die, right?
This is true for practically every FPS out there. It's less about straight-up battles and more about map position, flanking and movement.

>Like, people camping or running behing you, or even above you while you are engaging agains other players.

People who camp never do well and they're easy to deal with.
People who run behind you? Welcome to every FPS since ever.
People who are above you while you are engaging other players? Sounds like someone doesn't go fast.

>For fucks sake, is a FPS autoaim is unacceptable, even if it is nerfed, it goes against the nature of the genre.

No, it doesn't. The smartpistol is fucking shit and the only reason to use it is to rack up points quickly to drop your titan.
If you complain about the smartpistol, you are a shitter, plain and simple. You might as well complain about someone using the shotgun.
>>
>>254206704
Did it? Isn't it still the best selling game and the most played online? The report from last month said it was.

I have a feeling that Sonyfriends are behind these threads.
>>
>>254219670
You do realise it's usually hard to keep moving and hit someone accurately, right? And the Smart Pistol makes it insanely easy to do that, then kill someone before they can react?
>>
>>254219670
You totally missed the point of my post.
You are counting that every person behing, above or camping near me would kill me.
because thats what happens with the smart pistols, grants bad players secure kills that with real guns MAY not get, making a bad stile of playing a viable way to get to the top.

And no, i'm not a shitter, i just don't want a fucking HACK beign the norm.
>>
>>254218969
Except if you use the parkour properly and verticality of the maps you will NEVER get killed by a smartpistol user.
Nor will you get killed by a camper, unless you run into a room without clearing it out first with a frag/arc grenade or satchel charge.
Maneuverability is everything in titanfall, if you stay still or go slow for an extended period of time, you're going to die.
>>
>>254206704
Because it has the content of a demo
>>
Anybody know when that Titanfall webseries is supposed to start?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV_7Rjly8s0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EStjTZ9VwbE
>>
File: mp_lobby0000.jpg (449 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mp_lobby0000.jpg
449 KB, 1920x1080
>>254217442
Yes i believe it is.
It is a shame indeed, and then after months of getting them to raise the fps cap what do they do? break it on the next update forcing you to either run at a capped 60fps, or suffer with a slight delay due to the double buffered.
Thanks Respawn!

>>254217310
And true those burn cards are fine, but amped weapons? instant titan? It's just retarded

I would love to know how many people are still playing on PC.. cause all i've had for the past month is lobby waiting and 4 v 4 matches
>>
>>254206704
It's really popular on the 360 and I heard there are plenty of players on the one. The game is solid, it didn't catch on PC because of Origin.
>>
>>254220239
You do realise it's really easy for Smart Pistol users to kill people who are moving, right? They don't have to aim. Smart Pistol users will almost always win against people who are wallrunning
>>
>>254206704
The "OMG NEVA BEEN DUN BEFOR" gameplay gets stale as shit real quick. They try to make it look like a huge battlefield by filling it with pointless grunts, while it's really a teeny 6v6 game while even garbage shit like BF4 has 32v32 gameplay
>>
>>254220509
>instant titan?

AKA an instant win card. If you start with a titan and lose the match then you must be an awful player.
>>
>>254220180
>You totally missed the point of my post.

Beyond you being a shitter who whines about one of the worst weapons in the game?

>You are counting that every person behing, above or camping near me would kill me.

Because that is the case when they're at the same range that the smartpistol starts locking on. Even with the range enhancement, you have to be very close.

>And no, i'm not a shitter, i just don't want a fucking HACK beign the norm.

If you complain about getting killed by the smartpistol, you are a shitter, plain and simple. It's not a hack either, it takes a LONG time (three seconds) to lock-on and as soon as you move out of their FOV or the weapon's range they lose the lock and have to start over again.
If the player had the shotgun, he would have killed you, no matter how bad he was. If the player had the submachinegun, he would have killed you, no matter how bad he was.

Go to /tfg/ and whine about getting killed by it, they'll laugh at you and tell you to git gud and go fast.

Not to mention that hardly anybody even uses the smartpistol because of its limitations. The CAR and R-97 smgs, RC-101 carbine and EVA-08 shotguns are all five times more common than the smartpistol.
>>
>>254220239
>"if you use the parkour properly and verticality of the maps you will NEVER get killed by a smartpistol user"

>Smartpistol users are faster than you
>Smartpistols have autoaim
>Smartpistols can shoot accurately while moving
>Smartpistols silently lock-on and kill you instantly

uhhh? WTF?
>>
>>254220693
Exactly what i mean?
>>
>>254220576
>You do realise it's really easy for Smart Pistol users to kill people who are moving, right?

They still have to close the distance to shotgun 2-shot kill distance in order to do that. In fact, it's easier to kill someone with the shotgun while moving than the smartpistol.

>They don't have to aim. Smart Pistol users will almost always win against people who are wallrunning

Except that they do have to keep you within the smartpistol's search-range. Which is very limited. And combat during wallrunning is rather limited.
>>
>>254210668
I see you like Zero Punctuatiom
>>
>>254206704

It probably would have succeeded as F2P game with cosmetic transactions and non-intrusive in-game ad placement to make money.

Because conceptually, it's similar to a MOBA, but is being put out as a Triple-A title with a $60 price tag. Many people did splurge into that, because it had everything CoD had--but also mechs.

Unfortunately, it didn't convince enough people to justify the 60 dollar entrance fee. Having paid the beta on PC, the game was certainly fun at times; but the maps were pretty small and the amount of skill based gameplay was limited. There were moments where the game really did shine, with the fast gunplay, wall-running/double-jumps, and close-quarter urban mech combat that made it really feel like an almost mech-warrior like battle taking place in a city from an infantry perspective.

Unfortunately, it didn't take this gameplay towards its natural end. Instead Respawn Entertainment began rebalancing this skilled and exciting gameplay into a form where even the casual players could achieve a near leveled skill-play via burn cards, auto-pistol, and other modifications.

On one final note, the only real game-type which I found to be appropriate for Titanfall was capturing data locations and holding them for victory conditions. In other wrods, the game universe, combat, and mech designs all seem very much in line with an objective oriented game.

And it flopped because it was anything BUT an objective oriented game in all but one of the game modes, which was more often than not, towards the bottom of the list of preferred play.
>>
>>254209435
Csgo is shit
>>
>>254221237
>Smartpistol users are faster than you

No, they aren't. Everyone moves at the same movement speed regardless of what weapon they're holding.

>Smartpistols have autoaim

At very short range, you will out-range them with literally any weapon. Even the shotgun out-ranges its lock-on distance.

>Smartpistols can shoot accurately while moving

Only while locked-on, and only at very short range. The shotguns and smgs are can be shoot accurately while moving too.

>Smartpistols silently lock-on and kill you instantly

They take three seconds to lock on, at very close range. Even when they're bunny-hopping you can hipfire them and kill them before they get a shot off.
If they kill you while you're unaware, congrats! That would have happened with literally every other weapon in even less time.
>>
>>254221282
Yes, I'm agreeing with you that's it's a broken mechanic.
>>
>>254221773

>played not paid*
>>
>>254221134
Yeah, i'm not wasting my time with you.
The fact that you need to insult in every post gives your mental age away.
And you didn't even proved my thougts wrong, i can post 30 videos right now showing you people getting kills with the smart gun without doing a single thing, and you will keep talking shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTh-PzZXqHM
>>
File: laughing mad dog.png (38 KB, 434x217) Image search: [Google]
laughing mad dog.png
38 KB, 434x217
>People arguing/complaining about the Smart pistol Mk5
>>
>>254221934
>No, they aren't. Everyone moves at the same movement speed regardless of what weapon they're holding.

You best be trolling.
>>
>>254222143
>Yeah, i'm not wasting my time with you.

"Boohoo! Someone isn't validating my flawed viewpoint! Waaaaah"

>The fact that you need to insult in every post gives your mental age away.

Because you feel the need to complain about one of the worst weapons in the game in order to rationalize you being shit at the game.
It's like when a casual complains about the AWP in CS, but even worse since the Smartpistol is literally the worst pilot weapon in the game.

>And you didn't even proved my thougts wrong

Except I did, in every single post. Stop deluding yourself.

>That video

Hey look, it's a guy who's getting the drop on literally every single player he kills, proving my point completely regarding the weapon's effectiveness and uses.
>>
>>254221986
Ah apologies

>>254221773
"Unfortunately, it didn't take this gameplay towards its natural end. Instead Respawn Entertainment began rebalancing this skilled and exciting gameplay into a form where even the casual players could achieve a near leveled skill-play via burn cards, auto-pistol, and other modifications."

Couldn't put it better
>>
>>254221934
>No, they aren't. Everyone moves at the same movement speed regardless of what weapon they're holding.

What you meant:
>I've never once used a pistol or SMG in Titanfall
>>
>>254221934
>Everyone moves at the same movement speed.

What is Stim?
What is wall-running momentum?
What are the speed burncards?
>>
>>254208026
i have origin because i got peggle for free on it
>>
>>254208026
If the overlay wasn't so unstable, I think I'd actually prefer Origin to Steam. Steam's UI is horrible. Shame there's only shitty EA games on it.
>>
>>254217635
>Wouldn't work and would just divide the map into sub-divisions with no-mans-land ruled by titans.

That honestly sounds more intersting to me than what we got.
>needing combined arms and team work to advance and take down titans, both taking advantage of the mechanics and encouraging team work
>>
>>254222143
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTh-PzZXqHM

Did you even watch or analyze the video you linked?
Every fight where the enemy is aware, he kills them using a melee attack or spamfiring the pistol (no lockon). The rest of the kills are against targets who are blissfully unaware of him.
>>
>>254214705
Their art looks o cool....
>>
File: 1401349741074.gif (2 MB, 340x305) Image search: [Google]
1401349741074.gif
2 MB, 340x305
>mech is a dirty word
>>
>>254223558
Not him, but the game is fine as long as you don't try to abuse it. Why people can't just play the game and enjoy it for what it is? I never quite understood that.
>>
>>254224306
You can't really abuse the smart pistol, though. You could abuse satchel charges and the shotgun before, but it was the smartpistol that got all the h8.
Ironic that the worst weapon in the game causes the most butthurt.

>Why people can't just play the game and enjoy it for what it is? I never quite understood that.

Because people feel the need to constantly validate themselves and/or rationalize their failures by blaming factors other than themselves.
>>
>>254223558
Exactly my fucking point , it grants 100% SECURE kills to people that with a real gun and aiming for themselves would not 100% GET, it's that so hard to grasp?
You are saying literally the same that you contradicted me in my previous post, people camping, behing, below or higher that you can 100% secure kill you when you are engaging against other people.
>>
>>254224986
Again, not him, but why does that bother you? If you're good there are better weapons for you to use, if you're not you can be semi-competent with the smart pistol.
Is a win-win situation.
>>
I think a big mistake that Respawn did make was alienate actual mech fans by saying shit like >>254224073
Other than that, the lack of content and promised updates brought the game down to a crawl, with most people getting bored of it within 3 weeks to a month.
I say this based on my own experience. The core gameplay is fun as fuck, and if you see Titanfall webms on the general threads for that shit, you can tell the game looks slick, and the parkour is awesome if you have brains.
I think most people only utilized parkour on PC, since there's been faster first person shooters on the platform before, whereas people on console probably played it more like CoD, possibly making it look like a poor man's ripoff of that.
I don't know, I kind of wish it had been a PC exclusive, just for faster updates and better optimization (lol 50gb install because of "AUDIO")
>>
>>254225180
The Smart Pistol gets you killed in situations where you feel completely powerless to do anything about it.

It's not a fun game mechanic. It's the same reason people hate snipers.

And, yes, I've seen dominant smartpistol users.
>>
>>254224986
>Getting mad over a situational weapon

It's like getting mad over the shotgun.

"It grants 100% SECURE kills to people that with a real gun and aiming for themselves would not 100% GET" -on hipfiring the shotgun (you need to aim as much with it as with the smartpistol)

>people camping, behing, blow or higher that you can 100% secure kill you when you are engaging against other people

I don't think you seem to understand that you would STILL get killed by the other person regardless of them using the smartpistol or not.
The smart pistol needs a three second window + firing time to kill. You can do that in less than a second with a regular weapon at the same range.
And at that close range, even simply spraying the submachineguns, carbine and shotgun will get you a kill in less time than it takes for the smart pistol to lock on and fire.
Seriously, you're complaining about an extremely situational weapon (even more situational than the fucking shotgun).
>>
CoD clone with a mech gimmick after the fad of making CoD clones (which was never really a good strategy to begin with) passed.
>>
>>254226001
The real question you should ask is "Why do I get mad when a smart pistol user kills me by getting the drop on me while a shotgun user getting the drop on me doesn't make me mad?"

>It's the same reason people hate snipers

Basically hating them because you were in a situation that suited their situational weapon.
>>
>>254226159
Well, the Shotgun is another example of bad game design, so that's not exactly a great example.
>>
>>254225551

Pretty much. People abused the fuck out of wall-running, double-jumping and using allied titans as vantage jumps to get across the building if the initially double jump couldn't do it.

That being said, the game really really badly needed a story. There were a series of maps where you couldn't help but stop sometimes and just take a look at the skybox and wonder "how the fuck did that happen" or "this probably took half a century to build easily, what's the story behind it?"

For example, there's a shipyward map where if you pause at the corner of a map and look beyond the tanker parked there, you can see a MASSIVE angel statue that goes like 5 miles straight up.

I wanted to know the lore behind this, I wanted to know the history behind the conflict, etc. Except, Respawn never delivered on any of it. I almost considered buying the game, but had a suspicion since beta that such a thing would never be delivered upon. Lo and behold, its still omitted from the game.

On top of that, Respawn claimed that Titanfall's conflict was meaningful in the long-run, that it was effectively a MP based method of story-telling. That's a great idea, on paper. You're thrust directly into the conflict and told: "you're side A, the other B; fight."

And then that keeps going on for the next 60 hours, with no point there being any meaningful exposition to elaborate or allow for extrapolation of game story, objective, or anything of the sort.

The reason CoD is so successful is for two main reasons.

1. It's had over a decade to build itself up into a MP oriented game. All CoDs still have SP campaigns, & MP is an addition to this.

2. CoD: Ghost added the Extinction Gametype, like it or hate it, it has spun off into a competent game-type that is almost akin to a different game within the CoD universe. It has a story, it has lore, it has a beginning, climax, and end--along with a payoff.

Titanfall? Nothing. They fucked up here, and until it's fixed, it will keep floundering.
>>
>>254226496
>Well, the Shotgun is another example of bad game design

It isn't, the shotgun too is a situational weapon. It's very powerful at close range, but as soon as the target is outside your two-shot kill range (in TF less than ten meters) you're fucked.
It makes you play to the weapon's advantage, sticking to areas where you are at an advantage. It also makes you vulnerable when you inevitably have to enter/cross areas where you are at a disadvantage.
>>
>>254226487
Smartpistol users kill me in situations where shotgun users would not. They mostly kill me in situations where I wouldn't have any chance to do anything about it. People don't remotely use the shotgun and smartpistol in the same way. It's a bizarre comparison.

>Basically hating them because you were in a situation that suited their situational weapon.

No, people don't like snipers because it's not remotely fun to get sniped from the other side of the map. Hell, Titanfall's game mechanics seem designed to discourage it.
>>
Well, whatever, the game is great, I have fun playing and I don't care what a bunch of sandy cunts on /v/ have to say about.
>>
>>254207603

>Origin
>EA
>Game really wasn't very good
>>
>>254226965
The ability to be one-shotted with hitscan weapons is always a bad game mechanic. It's not fun, regardless of whether it's balanced or not.
>>
By far the most successful way to play attrition is to sit in a window, pick off people that go by, swap positions every now and then and then kill grunts in your titan. It's not fun at all but you'll be top of your scoreboard every time.
>>
>>254227048
>They mostly kill me in situations where I wouldn't have any chance to do anything about it.

That is, they killed you in a situation that played fit their weapon's (very limited) niche. That is just how situational weapons work, you have to engage the player in a situation that gives you the advantage.
Which requires map knowledge, situational awareness, maneuvering skills and knowing when to strike.

>>254227324
>The ability to be one-shotted with hitscan weapons is always a bad game mechanic

Hitscan literally doesn't matter at the ranges the shotgun is used. 00 buck travels nearly ~400 m/s on average. In-game distances for shotguns (under ten meters), the projectiles traverse this distance in two hundredths of a second. That's probably less than the time the game takes to make a hit-check for a hitscan weapon.
If we were talking about one-shot, hitscan sniper rifles then you would have an argument (which aren't present in TF, the Kraber require significant lead to be accurate against moving targets).
>>
>>254214643
>You can't do much if someone wall-runs and bunny-hops behind you, drops down and kills you in one shot before you have time to react
That's what would happen with any weapon

>>254206704
Titanfall bombed because there are idiots like this who have no idea how to play the game
>>
>>254206704

Its a boring multiplayer fps.

The future is here. We need different stuff.
>>
>>254228230
>That's what would happen with any weapon

No, because people aren't that good at aiming while bunny-hopping and wallrunning.

>>254228020
Getting killed in unavoidable circumstances is frustrating and a shitty game mechanic. I don't see how you don't see it.
>>
I'm sure half the reason is game is dead now is because the awful DLC. That swamp map is one of the worst maps I've ever played.
>>
>>254228783
"I am not that good at aiming while bunny-hopping and wallrunning"
FTFY
Seriously, you have no fucking idea. Smartpistol is shitty as fuck. Learn to fucking play the fucking game.
>>
>>254228783
>Getting killed in unavoidable circumstances is frustrating and a shitty game mechanic. I don't see how you don't see it.

I don't see how you believe that niche weapons are something bad. People like you tend to whine about every niche weapon in a game.

>Wah, I got killed at close range with the shotgun
>Wah, I got killed at long range by the sniper rifle
>Wah, I got killed at close/medium range while sprinting/bunny hopping by a submachinegun

If people like you had your way, every weapon that isn't the basic jack-of-all-trades-bland-as-a-saltine-cracker assault rifle wouldn't exist in games.
Every weapon has its strengths, and every weapon has several counters. Play to your weapon's strengths, attempt to counter the enemy's.
This is multiplayer gaming 101.
>>
ITT:
>I don't find getting killed by the Smart Pistol fun
>YOU MUST SUCK THEN

Man, what a fucking stupid argument.
>>
>>254229830
To be completely fair, if you get killed by literally the worst weapon in the game and complain about it as if it's OP, you must be fucking terrible.
It's like complaining about getting killed by The Klobb in Goldeneye.
>>
>>254220509
>87% Attrition

Mien Gott
>>
Titanfall as a franchise is dead.

Advanced Warfare is reported to have BOTH wall scailling with jetpacks and wall running.

When it hits and gets popular, Titanfall will have nothing to offer.

Mechs are not a selling point.
>>
>>254223402
you can change the UI layout in steam.
>>
>>254229646
It's people like you think it's more important that games are balanced than fun.

You can balance one-hit kills from shotguns or snipers as much as you like, they'll never be fun.
>>
>>254221237
>>254221934
How about you people fucking aim better and faster, and also use stims.

As soon as you hear that SP sound, just fucking stim to take an extra shot, and blow that fucking up.
>>
>>254230439
>It's people like you think it's more important that games are balanced than fun.

You're like the FPS equivalent to a tourneyfag.

>NO ARMOR
>NO HE GRENADES
>NO FLASHBANGS
>MP5 ONLY
>DE_DUST2
>>
File: titanfall review.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
titanfall review.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>254206704
>>
I'm convinced the only people who like the Smart Pistol are:
1. People who use it.
2. People who are so bad that they die constantly anyway so don't understand why it's frustrating to good players.
>>
>>254230439
>Everybody should be exactly the same with no variation in weapon or kits

This sounds really familiar.....

>NO ITEMS
>FOX ONLY
>FINAL DESTINATION
>>
Titanfall is a great game. Not its fault if you guys can't understand the basic concept.

Ya'll just fucking suck.
>>
>>254216080
/v/ is frozen in time
>>
>>254231030
I like to jump around and wallrun like a retarded rabbit while making people like you rage while I do a lock-on fly by.
>>
>>254231030
And, of course:

3. Campers, who stay in window all game and brag about their K/D ratios
>>
>>254231030
>People who are so bad that they die constantly anyway so don't understand why it's frustrating to good players.

Except that the smart pistol isn't frustrating to good players, because they know its strengths and know that they are very few and have limited applications.
If you die to a smart pistol, you played into someone's trap or you got blind-sided by someone who would have killed you anyway.
>>
>>254215704
EA don't want their games to have a long life, they want everyone to buy the new one every year at full AAA price
>>
>Bought it for $50 on PC
>Played nearly 100 hours

That amounts to $0.50 an hour. I'd say my purchase was justified.
>>
File: smartpistolissohard.jpg (618 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
smartpistolissohard.jpg
618 KB, 1920x1080
Yeah, the Smart Pistol is really fucking tough.

(And this was without the satchel charge or any burncards)
>>
>>254233369
>all those minion kills
>still only 3rd place
git gud, scrublord
>>
Because it tried to be BRINK 2
>>
>>254234012
Um, 38 isn't many minion kills.
>>
>>254227309
>>254208026
>>254208012
>>254207969

And yet >origin or >EA didn't stop people from playing Battlefield.

Most people are hypocrites. They say they have "standards" and "beliefs" until first thing that tempts them comes along.
Thats why Titanfall bombed. Not because >origin, not because >EA, not because >Xbone but because nobody wanted to play it.
>>
>>254234680
Origin and EA's lies stopped me from playing Battlefield
>>
Because it's Call of Duty, but titans replacing killstreaks (and everyone gets one, making it not as special), not even a fraction of the gun or gadget selection, and absolutely no gun porn (recent COD games have actually had a lot because of the number of attachments).

COD could get away with having something like a titan as a single killstreak. One of a large number of different killstreaks. Titanfall relies on them as the only way to escalate the fight, and if you want to just be a soldier running and gunning the whole time you're shit out of luck, because you'll get fucking destroyed unless you use a titan yourself to some extent.
>>
>>254226867
I love how CoD technically is a good game, but it is mostly the same after 10 games.
I don't know if is the fact that Titanfall sucks pretty hard, but writting things about CoD make it look like a great game.
World is strange sometimes
>inb4 you never played CoD
Little brother bought MW3, BO2 and Ghosts. We had BO1 borrowed from a friend, it was my favorite from the four
>>
I really had fun with TF on pc for a week and then I just lost interest. Didn't really care about prestige and the gameplay deteriorated into CoD-style run around and get shot in the ass shit. Titan combat had a low skill cap and you were basically dead when outnumbered. Matchmaking was terrible; I didn't mind 6v6 but there was no balance and you'd often get thrown into games with 4 new people, 1 guy who's decent and you're up against 6 decent players.

The fact that the teams are limited to 6 players means each person really needs to contribute more effort into winning. Where as with 32 players (bf4) even if like 5-10 people are fucking around/afk/shit other people can pick up the slack. In titanfall it really only took 1 newbie to feed the enemy team and this game snowballed really hard.
>>
>>254226867
Zombies has more and better lore than extinction by far.
>>
>>254209435
>fake servers

what?
>>
>>254236664

That's not something I can make a compelling argument for or against, but my point was that both those game-types have been properly established with a cause, the effect, and the motivation of the characters within to strive for some end.

Titanfall does not have that. My understanding of Titanfall, is that the lead developers assumed that because they helped found CoD into what it became, therefore, they could exit stage left and prop up a new booth. Then, turn on the lights, and in an absolute instant, recreate the same degree of success that CoD has, without putting in even half the effort that CoD has.

CoD is banal, mindless fun, but there is some semblance of an effort put into establishing a context. Respawn made the gameplay and shipped it. Good job, you forgot the context; no wonder it flopped.
>>
>>254237723
>Titanfall does not have that. My understanding of Titanfall, is that the lead developers assumed that because they helped found CoD into what it became, therefore, they could exit stage left and prop up a new booth.

Not quite. They got fired by Activision because they didn't want to pay bonuses from Modern Warfare 2, after they set sales target at such a high level they assumed they would never had to pay out. Of course, MW2 became the best-selling game of all time.

Activision also wanted them to create incremental updates of COD while Infinity Ward wanted to create a new game (similar to Advanced Warfare).

And it's not the first time they've created a new developer. The same people did the same thing by creating the Call of Duty series after creating Allied Assault for EA.
>>
I think most of the problems with Titanfall are because they rush released it because they were running out of money
>>
I only exclusively use smart pistol now. It turns Titanfall from a shitty CoD clone with robots into a completely different game.

Right now, gameplay is focused on going fast, but none of the guns are designed to let you kill reliably while going fast as fuck. I vote we turn all weapons into smart weapons. The game might actually become fun and worth playing for the couple months it has left to live, instead of some MLG tryhard shit.
>>
>>254207969
Pretty much this. I would have bought this game and gave it a chance had it been on steam.

Respawn kind of fucked up by making deals with EA and Microsoft.
>>
>>254208012
as CoD audience, I can confirm this.
>>
>>254207874
Stop sugar coating it, this is the CoD game they would have made if they weren't forced into MW3.

Looks like CoD
Characters move like CoD
Menus/Loding screens look like CoD

But muh movement and mechs

CoD with a double jump and robots.
>>
>>254208012
>that being said, they wanted to CoD audience but the CoD audience wants CoD
If only publishers realized this before funding games or forcing existing ones to get a change of direction...
>>
>>254206704
>AI cannon fodder in a multiplayer FPS
>not enough maps or notably different game modes
>Titans are just bigger infantry instead of vehicles with their own unique combat
>Titans are the end all-be all goal and have no downside, so you're forced to use them or lose
>no single player
Yeah, I'm serious about that last one. You instantly lose the people who DO care about single player experiences and the worlds that you have created. It's okay if the Modern Sandnigger Genocide Simulators don't have a SP story but if you're going to create an entire original sci-fi universe and not let the escapists immerse themselves in it you're committing a colossal waste.
>>
>>254208396
>Is Cs now shit`?
No because you can actually adjust the number of players per server.
Comparing these two games just proves how unbelievably retarded you are
>>
The disconnection between shooting and moving is jarring.
You can't properly shoot while you parkour and you can't parkour while you shoot.
What kind of dumbfuck thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>254216791
Players with skills are the minority, and not enough to bring a profit through DLC sales. The casual and unskilled demographic needs to keep playing long enough to consider paying for DLC.

And no publisher wants their games to survive for long. After the DLC cycle is over, the game needs to be replaced by a full priced sequel to reignite interest/hype and restart the cycle.
>>
>>254247621
you're shit. Everyone else can just find, you just fucking suck.
>>
>>254206704

Retarded name
>>
>>254247731
Neither casuals nor skilled players care about Titanfall though
>>
>>254237171
there's a gorillion servers that are just for advertising which are filled with bots to look "active" or redirect you to some dead empty server upon joining.

finding actual servers that arent filled with south americans/russians is pretty damn hard. especially if you want to play some other maps than dust2 all day.
>>
File: lion_king-close_enough.jpg (32 KB, 480x466) Image search: [Google]
lion_king-close_enough.jpg
32 KB, 480x466
Check out http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/winners.html

When game journalists start praising something you know it's gonna suck. Last year it was titanfall, watch dogs and elder scrolls online. Shit, shit and shit.

By this metric Evolve and bioware's latest abortion are going to be terrible too.
>>
>>254245898
I don't think so. I think it's close to what they envisaged (double-jumping and wall-running) but they had to change quite a bit to make it distinct from CoD.
>>
>>254218903
I like the lore, the pilot's training and skills are more valuable than this 20 foot robot.
>>
>>254230814
You completely failed reading comprehension there.

He said you thought BALANCE was more important than FUN as a pejorative. This means he thinks FUN is more important than BALANCE.

You then said he thought the opposite.
>>
>>254206704
THE PS4 KILLER
ONLY ON XBOX ONE
NO ACTUALLY ON 360 TOO
AND PC

Also another first person shooter, hell even casuals and bro dudes want something else nowadays
>>
>>254252845
>implying Madden and FIFA don't sell millions each year
Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.