[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which version of Nightfire is best, PC or pS2? Which version
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
Which version of Nightfire is best, PC or pS2?

Which version of Goldeneye is best, 64 or the new version? Has it aged well?
>>
>>253974589
Gamecube.

But seriously, that game was all about the magic of local coop.
>>
>>253974589
Cube. Get some friends mang.
>>
>>253975421
fucking thirded.
>>
>>253975087
>That RC helicopter.
>>
GC Nightfire the best

Goldeneye 64 the best, Wii game is literally Call of Duty with a James Bond skin.
That said Goldeneye has been outdated garbage since Perfect Dark came out since Perfect Dark is the exact same game but better in every single aspect.
>>
i used to play the first level of nightfire over and over just taking pictures of women's tits with my spy camera
>>
Gamesphere Nightfire. Get some friends and sit down on a couch and have a laugh.
>>
>>253974589
So many good memories of GC Nightfire. Fucking sentinel rockets from the rooftops on the ski lift level. Also, using the thermal vision in the party level was very interesting
>>
I have the GCN version of Nightfire, but why is it the best version? I always thought the PS2 version was better.
>>
>>253977263
>That said Goldeneye has been outdated garbage since Perfect Dark came out since Perfect Dark is the exact same game but better in every single aspect.
Except for the female protagonist.
>>
>>253974589
>Has it aged well?
15fps and lower.
>>
>using the sniper rifle on the balcony to zoom in on the woman in the shower for as long as I wanted
ahh, those were the days. I beat it to that game an awful lot.
>>
>>253977821
>only 2 controller ports
>running on far worse hardware

PS2 version sucks because the PS2 itself sucks. GC is the definitive version.
>>
Play Goldeneye on an overclocked N64 emulator for 60 FPS. There's also a tool that modifies the control so it works with WASD + mouse. Look it up. Makes the game easier, but still 1080p/60fps > 240p/15fps
>>
>>253978124
>GC version
>not xbox version
pleb
>>
>>253978414
Xbox version is only better if you have hulk hands.
>>
>>253977821
Among multiports, Gamecube versions usually looked better than PS2 versions. Coming out a year later allowed them to put better hardware in there.
>>
File: best controller ever.jpg (28 KB, 700x554) Image search: [Google]
best controller ever.jpg
28 KB, 700x554
>>253978472
>not using the logitech wireless controller
That shit was like a revelation from god.
>>
The PC version is gimped from what I know.
>>
>>253979303
The early 2000s were where PC ports started becoming pure shit. Aside from RE3 I can't think of any PC port of the era that was any good.
>>
>>253978982
>>253978982
>using a wireless controller
>>
>>253979457
PC isn't a port, it was developped by gearbox and has different levels, it looks a lot better than console version
>>
>>253977926
Joanna was pretty cool in the original. If you're talking about Zero though that's understandable.
>>
>>253974589
I played the PC version of Nightfire, it's weird, missing levels, added in different ones, multiplayer is vastly different, everything was strange.
I have the gamecube one now and it's great, besides the resolution when playing MP.
>>
>>253978414
Literally the same thing apart from personal preference.
>>
>>253980775
Nah, xbox version looks better.
>>
>>253980886
How much better could it have been? I don't really understand, it was a pretty good looking game on all platforms.
>>
>>253979457
RE3 PC was shit.
>>
>>253981010
the xbox was notably more powerful than the gamecube
>>
>>253981026
>highest res backgrounds
>skippable load times
>extra costumes, and all available from the start
>no awkward pauses when going between backgrounds like with any of the disc-based versions
>has run perfectly on every OS I've ever tried it on without any problems or fixes needed

RE3 PC is the best version of the game.
>>
>>253981206
I guess I'd have to get a copy of the game to get a good comparison.
>>
PC > console in terms of single player mode.

Console (GC) > PC for multiplayer

>opinion
>>
>>253981268
The thing breaks pretty bad when trying to go in higher resolutions. I could only get the game to run 800 x 600 IIRC.
It's better than the playstation version, but still looks ugly. It needed more configuration options.
>>
I had the ps2 version but I think the GC version would be better.

That being said some fellas are working on a source mod for nightfire so that's pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HldeTf_6XrM
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.