[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your dream game /v/? >fallout new vegas leveling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 35
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 582x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 582x330
What's your dream game /v/?

>fallout new vegas leveling system
>skyrim combat but better
>combat/kill animations
>pc and next-gen release only
>no fantasy shit
>good graphics
>non-linear storyline
>mod support
>huge battles
>great soundtrack
>co-op multiplayer
>battle multiplayer
>official servers
>customizable characters
>great customer support
>3rd and 1st person

So what about you /v/?
>>
>>253812630
So
Kingdom Come: Deliverance?
Minus 3rd person and multiplayer
>>
>no fantasy shit

dropped
>>
>>253812772
>fantasy a shit
>>
File: up004531.jpg (475 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
up004531.jpg
475 KB, 1920x1080
>>253812630
A TES game with good combat.
>>
>>253812630
i should have stopped reading right there, this is obviously bait but whatever.
yep definitely bait.
>combat/kill animations
oh boy losing control of my character while it does an elaborate over the top fancy kill that ive seen thousands of times already.
>pc and next-gen release only
you blew it with next-gen
>no fantasy shit
this whole idea is fantasy m8
>good graphics
>implying graffix make or break your game
>non-linear storyline
so I can wander around and try to figure out what the hell i'm supposed to do n- OH WAIT THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE A BETHESDA GAME I CAN JUST FOLLOW THE FUCKING ANNOYING ASS GIANT QUEST MARKERS
>mod support
>next gen
>mods
pick one
>huge battles
you mean unnecessary clusterfucks?
>great soundtrack
>>>/mu/
>co-op multiplayer
with this kind of idea? fuck off.
>battle multiplayer
with this kind of idea? fuck off.
>official servers
oh god you want it to be some always-online bullshit? fuck off.
>customizable characters
now i can be my favorite lgbt character!
>great customer support
get the fuck out of here.
>3rd and 1st person
:^)

you've asked for a good bethesda game. fuck off.
>>
>>253813315
>being this retarded
fucking idiot
>>
>>253813315
>autism: the post
>>
>>253813509
>being this anally assaulted
fuck off
>>
File: ZWZrucI.gif (2 MB, 896x504) Image search: [Google]
ZWZrucI.gif
2 MB, 896x504
>>253812630
Dwarf Fortress 1.0
>>
>>253812630

I stopped reading there. That sound fucking horrible and you have garbage taste.
>>
>>253813581
>hue hue hue i dont like this guys opinion instead of saying why im just going to act like a stupid piece of shit and shitpost! xD THAT WILL SHOW HIM! ahahahaha!!! im so damn brilliant! My friends on reddit will definitely upboat this! :^)
>>
>>253814042
Autism 2: he's mad now
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 358x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 358x410
>>253813778
>fallout leveling system
Yeah I'm sorry I want to get an ability and attribute points to my character
>Skyrim combat but better
I'm sorry faggot, do you want your turn based JRPG?
>>
>>253814042
>being this mad
captcha: anally x
>>
>>253814108
You don't deserve to post with a charlie reaction image, you shit taste swine.

>"calling Skyrim's combat shit, eh? must be a weeb lol"
>>
File: lmfao.png (9 KB, 334x289) Image search: [Google]
lmfao.png
9 KB, 334x289
>>253814086
>>253814278
>if I samefag it up, people will think I'm actually clever! YES! YES! I SHOWED HIM! :DDDD
>>
>>253814598
>/v/ hates it so I should too!
>>
>>253812630
Deus ex 1

but it stars a raptor
>>
>>253814698
everyone with a brain hates it
enjoy your shit, fucking retard
>>
>>253814108
>ive never played final fantasy two
>ive never played devil may cry
>ive never played dungeons and dragons
>ive never played baldur's gate
>ive never played the shrek video game
>>
>>253814698
>it's not shit, he's just parroting!
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 348x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 348x319
>>253814640
>mfw I'm not even samefagging
>>
>>253814842
>ha instead of showing any proof to back up my post, I'm going to post a generic reaction image. Hehehehehe*~~ he doesn't know I'm only PRETENDING to be retarded (x
>>
>>253812630

aside from

>good graphics
>coop

that's prety much m&b warband
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 390x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 390x400
>>253814798
>being this mad over vidya idea
>>
File: pressure screencap.gif (369 KB, 1876x2886) Image search: [Google]
pressure screencap.gif
369 KB, 1876x2886
Pressure will always and forever be my dream game.
>>
>>253812630

also

so you mean not like skyrim combat at all
>>
>>253814940
The fuck? On an anonymous board you want me to show proof that seine somewhere else isn't a buttmad faggot?
>lol
>>
>>253814969
>posting awful video game ideas on /v/

just admit that you're stupid and have shit ideas and delete the thread already

you can smell the summer with those reaction images alone, shitrim aside
>>
>>253815080
Modded, basically. Modded, the AI dodges , uses tactics with other npcs, and doesn't have severe retardation.

I still want the hacking and slashing
>>
Day-Z with Dinosaurs instead of zambooboos, based on the CryEngine. That's it, really.
>>
>>253815134
>oh shit, I just got called out on /v/.
>fuck... FUCK... MY LIFE IS RUINED
>THINK... THINK??!! WHAT DO I DO?!
>...
>OH! I GOT IT!
[shitposting intensifies]
>>
>>253812630
Sounds like mount and blade with silly kill animations?
>>
>>253815269
>not evaluating why they're such shit
Gonna keep the thread up in hopes one of you faggots get back to the topic
>>
>>253812630

>skyrim combat

I stopped reading right fucking there. Just leave.
>>
>>253815619
>but different
Can you even read
>>
>>253815469
>guys look at my cool video game original idea
>i-it's like skyrim with better c-combat
>a-and
>good graphics
>a-and like giant battles, you know?

Seriously, just stop.
>>
Going Home part 2 Sam's Revenge
>>
File: jesse.jpg (143 KB, 960x526) Image search: [Google]
jesse.jpg
143 KB, 960x526
>skyrim combat but with better combat
>>
>>253815729
>but different

You mean but better? Can you read?
>>
>>253815748
>evaluate
you're showing your retard, jimmy
>>
>>253813315
What is wrong with you?
>>
>>253815776
Sam was just an ordinary American girl like most other girls her age. Until she wasn't. Now Sam must evade cyberpolice, digital hacker druglords and even the FBI in the ultimate game of cat and mouse. Will she survive? Will she discover the secret of the seven audio logs? Find out this summer when Sam finally...

GOES HOME
>>
>>253815963
the internet is a bunch of bullies. they dont value my ideas and praise me 24/7. if they wont bow down and suck my dick my dad will come and kill them all and send them to hell. this is true because my dad got high with a bunch of his buddies and wrote a book telling everyone how he was going to kill everyone ever. if you dont believe me go read the bible. seriously get on your knees and praise me or ill fucking have my dad kill you.
>>
Mount & Blade.
>>
>>253815929
Do you really need to evaluate a video game idea about as imaginative as a third grader could come up with to call it shit? Really? Please.
>>
>>253816138
>edgy
>>
File: yeti.gif (46 KB, 116x155) Image search: [Google]
yeti.gif
46 KB, 116x155
>3rd person ARPG
>Path of Exile armor/weapon design and world aesthetics
>Dark Souls weapon/shield/armor variety and moveset tied to weapons
>A more down to earth (animation-wise) Darksiders 2 combat system
>Torchlight 2 character building and enemy variety
>Age of Wonders 3 graphics and overall artstyle
>Dungeon Siege music
>Singleplayer focused, some multiplayer and co-op features

Not sure about level design
>>
>>253816178
>still not evaluating
>>
>>253816318
ok
>>
Hello kitty x cooking mama motherfuckers
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 600x375
>>253812738
This OP
>>
>>253815729

First of all, he never said "different", if it was different it wouldn't even fucking be Skyrim Combat, idiot. l2read

Second of all, I don't outright hate Skyrim's combat as it's not the worst ever (though it is bad. Like really bad), it's the fact that OP uses it as a benchmark for combat, proving he doesn't know what he's even talking about. There are many other games that could have been used as an example, right off the top of my head Dark Messiah blows it out of the water.

Also, fuck off.
>>
File: Nc4k254.gif (2 MB, 337x337) Image search: [Google]
Nc4k254.gif
2 MB, 337x337
>>253813776
Imagine:
>Randomly generated game world
>Randomly generated races and species all suited to ecological niches and sharing in evolutionary history
>Randomly generated histories with settlements and kingdoms and even nations if history is long enough
>Randomly generated quests and tasks. The world will be full of npcs and if history hasn't made them hostile to your characters you can talk to them, barter, romance, and sometimes obtain quests from them

>These quests range from gathering water and tending to the garden every day, for the slice-of-life player, to helping find a missing child, only to discover them caged in an orc camp, which kicks off a civil war between the local orcs and the humans, which leads into a sweeping, multi-hour, randomly generated campaign that sends you through forests and cross the land, from camp to outpost to dungeon, defending villages and pushing back the orc menace, culminating in the fall of the Orc High Shaman and his harem of Witch brides

>OR you played this game as an Orc or an Orc-sympathizing race and you helped kidnap the boy and many others to use as a source of power for your dark magic and sacrifices to your gods, allowing you and your tribe to lay waste to human settlements across the land, culminating in a week-long siege on the seat of human power, and the royal family being taken as beasts of burden and forced to serve you like lowly animals

>Or you could generate a volcanic world. Or ocean world. Or play as Elves, Kobolds, Centaurs, Mermaids, Harpies, or any number of randomly generated creature.

>The game has deep RPG mechanics with a rich class system and multiple talent and equipment trees, so you can be a classic Pyromancer, or pick up some armor and weapons training and be a Flamesword, a warrior of light and fire that sears foes. Or a Knight with a hint of shadow or blood magic to allow you to terrify and drain the life from your foes.
>>
File: PmmiZUb.gif (1 MB, 460x258) Image search: [Google]
PmmiZUb.gif
1 MB, 460x258
>>253816538
But you could ZOOM OUT!
>You can play Settler Mode, which is akin to Fortress Mode. You embark with as many units as you like, all customized to your specifications in skills and supplies
>You set out on your randomly generated world and start building an outpost. With proper care it developed into a settlement, then village, then town, then city.
>Every unit has the ability to be specialized in the above mechanics, so you can set your army up to be full of mages and knights with a few hybrids, or all hybrid.
>You can train your workers in Necromancy so they can raise the dead to do your manual labor for you for a time
>You can fill wells and ponds with water using Hydromancers
>You can light forges and temper blades with Pyromancer Blacksmiths
>You can improve growth on your farms with Geomancer Farmers
>But everything has a cost you must weigh and balance. Mancer training likely precludes physical training, leading to physically weaker workers, while Knight training might lead to more hardy workers with fewer tricks up their sleeves.

But there's more!
>You can zoom out further and play a Civ-style game of multiple cities, using resources and armies from the Settler Mode you've developed, including Heroes you've developed playing in single player RPG mode
>Or you can ignore all of this and play on a new map every game and only focus on one mode

Of course, there'd be inter-dimension portals so you can visit other randomly generated worlds and trade with them or invade them. At the top level of Civ-style play, you'd unify your planet and begin visiting other worlds through the portals and fighting to conquer them, too, if not practice diplomacy and trading.

Basically, it's the ideal first/third person RPG, strategy game, and empire game all in one, all in an endlessly replayable, randomly generated package. Thousands of spells. Thousands of items. Thousands of creature options. Hundreds of race options. Dozens of world types.
>>
File: mouth.jpg (141 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
mouth.jpg
141 KB, 1024x768
>>253815076
>>
>>253816535
Dark Messiah combat looks to floaty, from what I've seen. I want weight to my game.
>>
File: 12_00005.jpg (480 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
12_00005.jpg
480 KB, 1680x1050
>m&b combat
>m&b sandbox
>m&b nonlinearity
>m&b multiplayer
>m&b modding
>king harlaus

o looks like it already exists lol
>>
>>253812630
>image.jpg
Fuck off, degenerate.
>>
RTS where you control an insect colony and fight other insect colonies

yeah i know SimAnt but i mean something modern
>>
>>253816538
>>253816784
>muh dick
>>
>>253817109
Ever heard of Empire of Ants?

I have never head of SimAnt but I played EoA as a kid and it was too scary for me to continue.
>>
>>253816989
>on my phone
lolk
>>
>>253817109
>>253817184
Not quite how I remember it, but I recall scary large insects you have to fight off, enemy colonies, and raiding/pillaging other anthills.

http://youtu.be/GSAVDox4oeA

Not modern though.
>>
File: 93lc1EX.gif (490 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
93lc1EX.gif
490 KB, 500x500
>>253816784
You can generate a Lawful Evil inclined world and play a lone Knight in a world of monsters and recreate Dark Souls.

You can generate a low-population, highly savage world and play as a hunter of beasts, tracking down giant monsters a la Monster Hunter.

You can generate a medieval fantasy world with an average level of order, with a handful of dominant humanoid races, and play something more like an Elder Scrolls game.

You can generate an angelic, peaceful world and play as the Demon that corrupts and destroys it.

With just about a dozen criteria you could tweak the game into nearly anything.
>World Size
>Temperature
>Rainfall
>Sentient Population
>Savagery
>Time Period/Cultural Age (ie: is it stone aged or medieval or modern?)
>Flora levels
>Fauna levels

And then maybe knobs for shit like number of deities or number of monsters (in this case, true monsters) so you could make a world full of god-like entities to serve or fight, or a world decimated by a 100 colossal beasts that prevent civilizations from forming, for your Monster Hunter gameplay.

With the above knobs you could tweak ice planet vs desert planet vs balanced planet. Dense forest vs light plains. Lots of creatures vs few. Lots of civilizations vs few. Nearly everything important can be generated here.

Then you'd need some god-tier radiant scripting and the hardest part would be coming up with enough fucking creatures and figuring out how to randomize them. How do you make a humanoid rabbit with lizard evolutionary history? How do you construct a 3D model of this in-game? How do you decide what traits it species possesses? If they're hostile or peaceful?

It's a pile of fuck but it's why I go to /agdg/. Maybe some day I'll be the next Toady.
>>
>>253816883

This is bait, right? No one is this retarded.
>>
>>253817803
>pulled up YouTube video and watched as the guy went around hacking with no weight
So retarded
>>
>>253816538
>You can do anything in this world
>Except have fun
>>
>>253817419
ooh that looks cool. thanks anon!
>>
already made
>medieval themed fps multiplayer
>amazing graphics
>elaborate intuitive combat
>big community

Take a gues...
>>
>>253818035
>I get my opinions based on youtube videos
So retarded

So let me get this straight. You think DM's combat is "floaty", but you think Skyrim's combat is solid? You are surely rusing me here.
>>
File: super-mario-rpg-cast[1].png (465 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
super-mario-rpg-cast[1].png
465 KB, 620x620
Super Mario RPG 2

Super Mario Galaxy with RPG elements
Geno and Mallow would be back, along with based Booster
Yoko Shimomura on soundtrack
This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioEcXZAxb0Yas the ending theme.

That's all I want from life.
>>
File: 5QSZLb3.jpg (146 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
5QSZLb3.jpg
146 KB, 1200x627
>>253818046
Fun's up to you. You can generate a peaceful world where you build a house and farm and maintain relationships with the villagers. Maybe romance one. Watch other villagers get married, etc.

Or you could generate a harsh, violent world. One where you spawn into the village and start a garden and build a house and the very next day a ravaging army sweeps through and kills you and everyone you know.

If you're playing hardcore, you're dead permanently. Maybe you have the choice to reincarnate, maybe not. If you're playing off of hardcore mode, you're only knocked unconscious and come to after a period of time. Maybe the army's still there, maybe they've left.

Or maybe the local King's men come and draft you into combat at the tip of a blade and you can either resist and try to fight your way out or submit and get basic training and equipment and dispatched to war.

Or maybe no outside force shows up. Maybe the mayor's corrupt or a jealous villager decides they want you dead or two big clans in town start feuding. Or maybe just lightning strikes a building and you need to help put out a fire or drag people inside to safety.

I need to figure out how to juggle all of this. Maybe a politics option. So you can avoid areas with a lot of large-scale, international fighting, and small areas with tendency to feud or fight civil wars.

You'd have to have a button to push to choose between
>No hostility. Peaceful town life.
>Minor accidents and troubles to deal with.
>Conflicts within the town
>Conflict with other towns
>Conflict within the nation
>Conflict between two or more nations
And maybe
>Conflict between worlds

That last one could be fun. Some world-unifying civ in some other dimension might begin invading yours and as a result a portal would open outside of town and you'd have to organize a militia to fight the invaders back or hold the line until the Kingdom could send a battalion to do the job.
>>
>>253818217
>>medieval themed fps multiplayer
Sounds like Mount and Blade but the rest of that doesn't fit. It's got shit graphics, shit combat, and shit community
>>
>M&B like
>with proper boat combat and integrated into the gameplay (as in trade routes with a map design to make it work)
>slightly better combat (a bit more fluid and some mechanism to execute attacks with varied intensity).
>more in depth economy and city development
>better commands while in-combat and giving orders to your units while on the map (follow my orders motherfuckers!)

And that's it. I'd like a finished Outerra engine to run it, just make a continent or two and we are good to go.
>>
>>253819228
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
it's better than drugs
>>
>>253819228
>shit combat

i bet you arent even aware of the high level meta
>>
I want a Dark Messiah 2 with more levels and more way to fuck up peoples
with less ghouls to fight.
>>
all that but with opengl :D
opengl allows destructive terrain, like everquest: landmark
>>
>>253815076
>tfw someday, someone, somewhere will turn this image into a real game
>>
After recently playing both Neverwinter Nights 2 and Divinity: Original Sin:

>Open world (obviously)
>Proper scale, none of this 5-house-town shit.
>Based on some D&D ruleset that isn't 3.5. Maybe 4E, maybe Fantasycraft, maybe 2E, but something that allows for large amounts of fine control over the abilities a character has to interact with the world.
>Properly party-based, though single-person FPSRPG could work too as long as it has advances systems for stealth and combat, or a solid Turn-Based system in combat.
>Fuckin' real dungeon crawling. Requiring light source management, lots of realtime checking for traps and things.

Actually, with the advent of online, drop-in/drop-out multiplayer, I'm thinking that maybe it could be a system where up to 4 people play a first person RPG (like Morrowind) in a party, but they're playing it a bit like MMO dungeons where everyone has their own job and agency (Rogue gotta be checkin' for traps, Cleric turning undead and stuff, etc.), and a DM in realtime adding enemies or treasure or challenges for the players as they go through it.

That might be cool.
>>
gta sa style world
time splitters style story
telltale style graphics
kingdom hearts style sound track
saints row 2 style mechanics/gui/customization
tf2 style multiplayer

thank me later.
>>
File: 1405384954003.png (1 MB, 628x896) Image search: [Google]
1405384954003.png
1 MB, 628x896
dark souls combat and graphics
Elder scrolls type open world
Legacy of kain style of dialogue/ voice acting
dark age of camelots pvp
dragon quest orchestrated soundtrack
>>
File: Tarn%20and%20Scamps[1].png (353 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
Tarn%20and%20Scamps[1].png
353 KB, 500x357
>>253819102
One day, anon. Faith in Toady.
>>
I actually had a dream about a game. Here's what is was.

>a game similar to Journey
>first person
>more longer
>more immersive gameplay features
>remarkable soundtrack
>PC exclusive
>mod support
>>
>>253812630
So M&B Warband with a good texture mod.
>>
>>253812630
>skyrim combat
lol dropped
>>
>>253819754
The problem is, nothing underwater is scary.

I mean, it's scary in theory, I guess, but it really only matters if YOU are in the water too. Like, if you're on dry land (or inside a station), fish can't get to you no matter how scary they look. And if the game is just based on the base bursting open, well if the water pressure didn't kill you instantly, I guess you'd just float there helplessly until some big, fictional sea creature eats you? I mean, you can't really expect to be fighting off giant sea monsters in any way, but they're also not scary unless you're in the water with them, and if you are, it's just a "game over" screen.

So I don't really see what the actual gameplay of a game like Pressure could be if it's attempt is to be realistic.
>>
File: 1403250924002.png (198 KB, 354x514) Image search: [Google]
1403250924002.png
198 KB, 354x514
>>253819102
I just realized this could replace Harvest Moon/Rune Factory as well.

Turn off the conflict, make sure vegetables have quality levels, allow you to influence those with proper treatment, fertilization, etc.

But then of course you'd get to choose between growing them traditionally or using magic, assuming you didn't disable magic.

Do you spend the 200 gold from your first harvest on Geomancy lessons or do you spend it on more seeds and some fertilizer so your next harvest is even better?

And it wouldn't be "buttons" for the hostility/conflict settings, it'd be sliders. So you can have like one in-town crisis per year or 10. And then you can have anywhere from one internal war in 100 in-game years to constant war. You can mix and match these as you see fit, so you can have a hostile home and hostile world, or a peaceful village in a chaotic world, or a hostile village to play with while a peaceful world watches on.

Maybe these settings influence race generation. Maybe by default hostile settings make the races generated for the world more avian or reptile, while peaceful settings favor mammalian like features, so a mean world produces reptile-men and a peaceful one produces rabbit-like features.

But you'd need to be able to turn this off, so players could make worlds of vicious bunnies and gentleman crocodiles.

>>253820084
The dream is real.
>>
>Custom Robo combat
>Custom Robo setting
>Strange Journey tech
>Megaman Legends aesthetic
>Persona visual novel during non-combat
>Pre-rendered backdrops for non-combat areas
>Dark Souls online player-vs-player connectivity
>Three factions/routes for story and online PVP
>>
File: 1360883857395.gif (949 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
1360883857395.gif
949 KB, 301x300
>>253819102
Fuck. The day that Toady reaches this level of complexity and some other genius creates a seamless advanced version of stonesense is the day that Dwarf Fortress becomes the greatest game ever made. I can already see the fucking stories, man. It's gonna happen.
>>
File: 1401000178987.gif (1 MB, 330x312) Image search: [Google]
1401000178987.gif
1 MB, 330x312
>>253821084
It's inevitable, truly.
And it'll happen well after the rise of Oculus Rift and even more immersive technologies.
IS YOUR BODY READY?
>>
File: tg monster concept.jpg (425 KB, 2064x960) Image search: [Google]
tg monster concept.jpg
425 KB, 2064x960
>>253819754
>>253820285
I dunno man, back in 2008 people were coming up with some really great gameplay scenarios.

Namely smaller, human sized eel monsters that could invade flooded parts of the base.

And then swimming in the open ocean between base sections would be like SA-X in metroid or pyramid head I assume.
in other words
>run

Like a giant serpent wouldn't have cause to eat you unless you used your flashlight or swam erratically.

Or if it became too AAA, inevitably enemies like this guy would show up.
>>
>>253821546
I experimented with designs as an exercise back when some of the first people were wasting their time "making" Pressure. My only idea was that if you want it to be an actual game, you need some sort of enemy that can engage with the player in a way that isn't just "Omg ur in water watch out for the sharks who eat you". A game just doesn't work very well if the only gameplay is fighting off water-based enemies, especially considering underwater levels are always the worst in every game.

It just didn't end very well.
>>
Dwarf fortress is my dream game
>>
>>253812630
>Open world RPG set in the Half-Life universe
>Witcher style morality system
>hybrid character creator some where between Saints Row and TES, pick voices, personality, looks, race etc.
>3rd person perspective
>Romance options
<Exploration of the HL universe
>>
File: run.jpg (112 KB, 800x1070) Image search: [Google]
run.jpg
112 KB, 800x1070
>>253821934
Well I always thought the point of the game was to show you COULDN'T beat the monsters, which is always the scariest thing.
>seeing pic related before shit hits the fan/GAME OVER

But I liked the idea of little evil lampreys, crazy humans trying to survive, crazy humans trying to release radiation to strengthen the monsters, and especially doing several steps around the whole station in order to set up a trap/device to kill the big ones.
>>
File: Official research facility.png (598 KB, 4000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Official research facility.png
598 KB, 4000x2000
>>253821934
>>253822259
It always seemed like the station (I forget what the ended up calling it) was the real enemy in the game. Always changing and reacting to your choices/enemy activity. Trying to find maps and fire escape placards to figure out where the fuck you are going and how the hell you can get out of there.
>>
File: 1403689958915.jpg (321 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1403689958915.jpg
321 KB, 1280x1024
>>253812630
>>skyrim combat but better
the whole was awful, bland and generic - but the combat was one of the major flaws.
how could someone want that?

but the rest seem kinda good.. just don't understand what does the fallout nv leveling system better than any other fallout...

still, the closest you can get with those settings is kingdom come: deliverance and a bit of mount&blade bannerlord
hopefully they won't be shit.
>>
>God Hand combat
>Speed of DMC 3
>Asura's Wrath powerlevel shit
>Huge open world like Just Cause 2

Imagine beating someone so hard they flew into a mountain and exploded.
>>
File: 1394615817004.jpg (53 KB, 640x631) Image search: [Google]
1394615817004.jpg
53 KB, 640x631
>>253812630
>Skyrim combat but better

So you want the shit stained corn from a log of corny shit? That's your dream food?
>>
File: ThanksDoc.gif (489 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
ThanksDoc.gif
489 KB, 500x377
>>253823282
>that pic
>>
>>253823282
It's better than Fallout 3 which is the only fallout which did it bad. And OP is an underage who never played 1 or 2. Proved also by the fact he thinks dream worthy combat would have anything to do with Skyrim.
>>
mount and blade with better an AI
>>
File: 1380570870339.gif (2 MB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1380570870339.gif
2 MB, 126x126
>Say pc and next-gen release only
>Not saying PC and CURRENT-GEN only.
>Being a flithy pleb and wanting it on consoles in the first place
>Mod Support on consoles

Are you fucking retarded, or are you doing this on purpose.
>>
>>253824292
Next gen as in the gen that hasn't come out yet.

Which hopefully won't be complete and utter garbage.
>>
You like scaled enemies, OP?
>>
File: 1356744102665.jpg (108 KB, 830x962) Image search: [Google]
1356744102665.jpg
108 KB, 830x962
>>253812630
Here you go OP, this is my dream.

A sandbox game built around you and a group of people getting together to build a base for yourselves. The game is a FPS MMO where you and friends go and create a base for yourselves on plots of land, with extremely in depth base creation tools. Other players have to compete for land to build their bases, so they come to the base youve built to take it from you, since youve built it you have home field advantage, making each raid of another players base a new experience. The more bases you take gives you more land to expand your base in, more efficient player groups having large plots of land. Base creation being a huge point of the game, having an effective base building player who can create bases to utilize your teams strengths and weaknesses are heavily sought after. Large amount of guns of many different projectile types to facilitate different forms of gameplay and to make each base raid that much more unique. The more victories over other players you achieve gives you options to customize your character aesthetically, meaning the more skilled you are the better you look, which means a visual representation of who is better and who you can handle in a fight. Groups warring between one another can be side swiped by third parties if the battles carry on for too lengthy of a time, creating moments of chaos as three teams fight for the base theyre in.

cont...
>>
>>253812630
A Kamen Rider game that's like Sleeping Dogs
>>
>>253814108
>Yeah I'm sorry I want to get an ability and attribute points to my character
you mean life fallout 1 and 2 you fucking profligate?
>>
>>253825192
base building and team coordination between builders and team members to be crucial to surviving, meaning writing up blue prints and showing others what youve made, then discussing ways to improve it to increase your chances of survival in a raid of your base. Everything from placement of Windows, boxes, doors, hallways, open rooms, stairways. If you had a whole team of shotgunners, creating a giant maze like base with no long hallways would be a way to use your base building and team play style to your advantage. In a situation like the maze base something like a sniper rifle wouldnt be as effective, meaning that you need to stick with your team to better utilize your weapons strengths because youre in another groups base and dont have the advantage.
>>
>RPG set in the wild west
>Legit fucking western, no fantasy, no steampunk, no bullshit
>Good gunplay
>cool story and quests
>free roaming
>different endings
>extensive customization
>lots of dialogue options
>mod support
>grafiks m8
>good soundtrack
>drop-in multiplayer and randomly generated NPCS so interaction can actually seem fucking genuine

this will never exist, there's nothing even close

why do people not like westerns as much as i do?
>>
>>253822259
The problem is context in horror.

In Amnesia, the monster is scary because you can't fight it, but it is also there to endanger you, but you have enough agency to stay alive by running away and hiding. It's like being in a real confined space with a monster.

Just staring at some big, dark shape that looks like a big hungry fish without any way to save yourself, what's the point? Where's the horror? You're just watching yourself die because there's nothing you could possibly do.

But then, why would something so big even pay attention to you if you're so small? Fish in the deep sea are blind, how could they see you inside a station? And if they could, why would they cognate that you're somehow food, and breaking the glass to get to you is a thing they can and should do?
>>
>>253825594
I've been on such a western binge lately.

Watching Deadwood after finally beating RDR was so fucking amazing.

I was pretty disappointed when Fallout NV wasn't that cowboy-ish.
>>
>>253825906
Yeah, it's sad because FNV is about as close as we've gotten so far.
>>
A 2D dungeon crawler/metroidvania where you explore a huge dungeon in a non-linear fashion. Unlike a lot of metroidvania games out there, the item requirements for progressing would be very minimal. The movements would be somewhat tanky (think Out of This World) to give it that slow paced, cautious feeling. Also puzzles, not too many enemies and an eerie atmosphere. That's what I really want to make and hopefully will make one day.
>>
File: station 1.jpg (128 KB, 866x474) Image search: [Google]
station 1.jpg
128 KB, 866x474
>>253825783
Once again I sorta thought that was the point.
Like going into the open is basically an "instant game over" (ie bottom of the screen in sidescrollers) but if somehow you get the proper upgrades and equipment it's something that suddenly isn't so scary.
>Harpoon guns, sonic emitters, etc. Something to ward off the instant death, giving a reason to swim across the expanse to save time going through corridors.

Or like a little submersible you find that you can plausibly escape to the surface with, which then becomes a battle of avoiding the giant monster/using weird weapons on board to distract it.

Or like "You must get this important component on the seabed".
So you use some sound emitter than attracts all the biggies to investigate it, and then sneak past them to get the part you want.

I dunno, I almost never thought of "combat" in Pressure, just sudden events that you have to wit your way out of quickly. Constant enemies ruined deadspace for me.
>>
>>253826398
My dream game will never come to fruition. I hope that yours does, anon.
>>
>>253826485
Thanks m8, I hope I'll end up getting the motivation to work on it as well. What's stopping you from working on yours? Scope?
>>
>>253813315
I remember when trolling was an art.
>>
>>253826398
Sounds very plausible if you get the experience to make it. Like it wouldn't be that technologically complex to make.

However I've realized that the only way my dream story could exist is in video game form. And the only way it could possibly play well and serve it's thematic purpose would my as a third person open world action RPG with a massive budget.
>Woe is Me
>>
File: 1379929062100.jpg (202 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1379929062100.jpg
202 KB, 800x800
>>253826587
It's this
>>253825192
>>253825304
That is my dream game. It's just...I just don't see a company making a game like that, I myself am not a game designer, nor do I see myself becoming one, but that combination of things I mentioned in my posts is exactly what I want.

One of things that always turned me on to shooters (Especially Time Splitters) was the map building aspect of it, creating maps for you and your friends to play. I just want to take it to the next level, and have it be an entire planet of people vying for room to build a base, but with so many different things you place that you can create an actual living space instead of just a bunch of corridors and copy paste walls.
>>
>>253818046

>i want a machine that generates great games indefinitely

Well don't we all.
>>
RCT2 but with more shit and better graphics and able to run on a modern computer without shitting the bed. I would never play another game again
>>
>Fallout New Vegas
>with Caesar's controlled area added

Or
>Star Wars with 1313 bounty hunter premise
>travel around the planets (read: not just chest high corridors ME2)
>hunt down bounties
I suppose more of a single player SWO

>Battlefront 3
>goes from KotOR to New Republic
>Land to Space battles
>Galactic Conquest with more Total War elements
>>
>>253827130
Bounty Hunter was such a great game.
I wish LucasArts still tried.
>>
Demon Souls with SSBM combat
>>
A game where I can play as qt3.14 milf who struggles to keep her baby boy and herself alive in a post-apocalyptic alien-invasion setting.

It'd be one of the most heart-wrenching and sad things to ever be made into a video game.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 480x320
>bullies ITT hating my skyrim with better combat
lmao
>>
>>253829940
Until the son becomes the CHOSEN ONE to bring piece with the aliens because his mother was secretly inseminated by an ancient alien to prevent the destruction of earth.

JK, your game actually sounds like it could be GOTY material if there were actually games that came out just for the story.
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.