[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question about the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim: After you become
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 84
File: We_Know.png (961 KB, 788x928) Image search: [Google]
We_Know.png
961 KB, 788x928
Question about the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim:

After you become the listener, what the hell is everyone else doing? I mean, you listen; you set up the contract; you carry out the murder. Since you can't tell other members about other contracts and have them do it, what exactly are they doing?
>>
Eternally crying about how badly they got rekt.
>>
>>252735060
Dark brotherhood always seems to get rekt

Also, another question:
Is the last dragonborn joining the dark brotherhood going to be canon? If not, it seems like there is no way to have the dark brotherhood continue on into later (setting wise) TES games, as they were on the verge of totally being wiped out from all of Tamriel
>>
>>252734937
>Since you can't tell other members about other contracts and have them do it, what exactly are they doing?
Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim doesn't follow the code of the actual Dark Brotherhood.

Their sanctuary and the person in charge turned it into a simple assassination gang that kills purely for fun and profit.
The current leader even admits to not believing in The Night Mother.
>>
>>252735345
Does he wear a fedora?
>>
>>252735345
That is until you become the listener and everything gets destroyed. After that, it's operating as normal, just with very few members.

But the way the Dark Brotherhood normally operates is the night mother tells the listener about a potential contract. A speaker is sent to set up the contract. Then any of the brothers can execute it.

But in Skyrim, you do all of that, and the other members are doing nothing, unless you take one of the initiates along with you.
>>
being edgy as fuck in their new fortress
its not like any of them did anything before or during any of the shit anyway, if you werent there no progress was made
just like how youre the only one if the thieves guild that actually steals shit and isnt immediately murdered by riften guards
and how none of the companions can actually accomplish shit without dragging you with them
etc
the world revolves around your character, they dont actually put thought into characters in a manner that doesnt involve using them as a quest machine
>>
>>252735320
I read source is 4chan that it's canon for the player to go through every possible path, with some being... more canon than others, like how the Champion of Cyrodil became Sheogorath.
>>
>>252734937
I have a better question.

Why is it that the world of TES is literally facing certain destruction every 10 years? what the fuck? And how lucky is everyone that at those 10 years there's always some chosen one who always becomes the champion of the fighters guild, the archmage, the master of the thiefs guild and saves the world, all in a span of a month?
>>
>>252735660
>Like how the Champion of Cyrodil became Sheogorath.

He didn't become Sheogorath, Sheogorath became him.

>From me to myself.
>>
>>252735692
Dude, this was hundreds of years after Oblivion

And I think it's kind of scripted/fated for those heroes to come along at those times. The fabric of the TES universe is super fucked up actually.
also, daedra
>>
>>252735320
You know that they'll pull something out of their ass that saves the dark brotherhood from extinction.

I seriously doubt they would make another TES game without them

Unless the morag tong replaces them
>>
>>252735692
>And how lucky is everyone that at those 10 years there's always some chosen one who always becomes the champion of the fighters guild, the archmage, the master of the thiefs guild and saves the world, all in a span of a month?
fate

chances are if someone is badass enough to save the entire universe they could be the head of all guilds ever
>>
>>252735658
>and how none of the companions can actually accomplish shit without dragging you with them
That ones not true.
Long after I finished The Companions quest line. I ran into Farkas, Aela, and Vilkas on the other side of the map when they suddenly helped me fight a random dragon encounter.

They're the only ones who seem to do anything.
>>
>>252735804
Isn't sheogorath a different person every time someone takes his role?

I dont fucking know, I barely remember shivering isles. It felt a bit mediocre
>>
>>252734937
Nazir is sitting there being a cunt, the little girl sits there and continues to do nothing, and the trainee just sits there. Get the Dark Brotherhood Resurrection mod it's fun
>>
>>252736029
Yeah, but in a month? Like most Archmages spend their whole lives becoming Archmages and then some dude in his mid 20's comes along and does that shit in a month without ever having done any magic before in his life?

Also, is it ever explained why those guys are such lames for their entire life and then suddenly just become badasses out of nowhere as soon as the story starts?
>>
>>252736138
No, it's not a title.
>>
>>252735692
>is literally facing certain destruction every 10 years?
You realize Skyrim takes place 200 years after Morrowind right? And that Morrowind was only a calamity of Vvardenfell, not the world.

In fact, regarding the world, we dont know jack shit about whats going on in The other continent (where the other races like the akavir, ka' po' tun, those snake people, those snow demons, those monkey people, etc.)
>>
>>252735658
But at least the dark brotherhood people would talk about contracts they had done with one another. That was cool, because it made them seem like they were doing things. And even with the missions you were sent on, sometimes they would scout out the situation, or how Vazeera backed you up on the one mission. They did shit.

But after it's all over, and you're getting your contracts from the night mother, they aren't doing anything, because you learn about, set up, and execute every contract yourself. It's pretty much a one-man dark brotherhood at that point
>>
>>252736029
This annoys me a lot about doing guild shit, you always end up becoming the fucking leader after some betrayal or some shit. NPCs still treat you like shit and you have nothing to do.
>>
>>252736178
I fucking hated that about skyrim. The paths for the guilds were so fucking short compared to previous games.It's literally about 5 or so quests then your head of the guild.

The only one that actually felt like it had some length to it was TDB quests, but even they were short as hell.

I also didnt like how there was no titles as you progress through the guilds.
>>
>>252736340
>In fact, regarding the world, we dont know jack shit about whats going on in The other continent (where the other races like the akavir, ka' po' tun, those snake people, those snow demons, those monkey people, etc.)

Why does this sound like some shit Bethesda just pulled out of their ass?
>>
>>252736340
>Morrowind was only a calamity of Vvardenfell, not the world.

So that god was only going to destroy one island and leave everyone else alone?
>>
>>252736340

Dagoth Ur was going to conquer the world and give everything divine aids.
>>
>not killing the bitch when she kidnaps you
>not going through with the secret quest that shows up afterwords where you wipe out the dark brotherhood

It's like you want to be plebs
>>
>>252736467
It isnt at all, Lore is the one thing they actually do at a top level. I would jizz over a TES game made in the other side of the world.

Though it would obviously end up being some war between Tamriel and Akavir or something.
>>
>>252736701

This.

>not becoming the leader of the morag tong and then taking on the brotherhood in tribunal
>>
File: vern-schillinger-1024[1].jpg (231 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
vern-schillinger-1024[1].jpg
231 KB, 1024x576
>>252736701
>wiping out the brotherhood
>>
>>252736707
Where were the other continents ever mentioned in TES? I don't remember ever hearing or seeing anything about them
>>
>>252736701
I made an evil character who was a bandit killing randoms for loot until I hooked up with the dark brotherhood.

I've killed her and destroyed the dark brotherhood in plenty of playthroughs
>>
>>252736575
>>252736668

his scope was limited to Vvardenfell at first. I;d like to say he would have gotten rekt by the oblivion gates and the other provinces, but if he reanimated Akhulakan....
>>
>>252735692
Because the pillars are failing, and the world is becoming more susceptible to threat
>>
>>252736912
You need to read more books, son.

That's actually my favorite thing to do in Skyrim at this point.
>>
>>252736912
Sources are at the bottom

>http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Akavir
>>
>>252736283
But mantling is a thing. If you act enough like the person you're mantling, you effectively become them. It's what happened to the Nerevarine with... himself and the Champion of Cyrodiil with Pelinal Whitestrake.
>>
>>252736912
They are mentioned a couple times, not often. Mostly in the books.
>>
>>252737020
Mayne I didn't even play Skyrim, I enjoyed Morrowind back in the day (mainly because being a crazy alchemist drug dealer was really somehow addictive and fun) and Oblivion was kind of fun

But Skyrim is really bland to me, I played for like the first two hours and got really bored and never played it again, now I uninstalled it and I'm too lazy to re-download it and do it again.

Can you summarize for me?

Pwease?
>>
File: RIP AND TEAR UMARIL.png (28 KB, 309x266) Image search: [Google]
RIP AND TEAR UMARIL.png
28 KB, 309x266
>>252737145
Man, I fucking love Pelinal Whitestrake
>>
>>252736453

I've been playing boreowind for a week or two now and I'm just barely in the upper ranks.

There needs to be a balance between the massive time investment guilds need in MW and the fastrack you get in skyrim.
>>
>>252737231
Summarize what, the plot of skyrim?
>>
File: There is no need to be upset.jpg (10 KB, 261x335) Image search: [Google]
There is no need to be upset.jpg
10 KB, 261x335
>>252737323
pleb detected
>>
>>252737341

Hard ass nigga str8 rolls up on the case

hollas at his homeboys and drops the fukken bass
>>
>>252737323

dude what

I finished the entire imperial legion questline in two afternoons
>>
>>252737525
Sounds bout right.
>>
>>252737231
There are books in those games too. Many of them the same.

They are seen throughout history. For example Reman and the Akaviri invasion

I think Potema fucks some Pyandonean king

All kind of shit
>>
>>252737231
>be me
>be captured
>head to execution site
>dragon comes
>kills everything
>I escape
>go to Redwood
>go to WhiteRun
>Fight dragon
>absorb soul
>I am dragonborn
>meet greybeards
>learn way of the voice
>Have to kill head dragon
>meet leader of greybears, which is a dragon
>learn dragonrend
>kill head dragon
>the end
>(optional): kill greybeard dragon

I had more fun in the Thief's Guild than the main quest
>>
>>252737341
Yes and everything Skyrim added/revealed to the world

>inb4 just play the game

Back the fuck up, bitch ass nigga.
>>
>>252737565
>morrowind
>questlines

It's literally just "do menial tasks" until "this thing happened, you are arch king universe emperor rank now"
>>
>>252737145
The thing to be mantled would also have to act like you, or at least not stop you from trying to mantle them.

>>252735660
No it was from Bethesda I think (or just an employee) who basically said all the non-opposing questlines happen. Except not all of them are done by the main character.

See all those mercenaries well I guess sometimes they actually do do the quest instead of you.
>>
>>252737770
These things are in books in other games too. It's the recorded history of the continent
>>
>>252737697
There are two kinds of people

Cool nigs who don't kill Paarthurnax and chill with him on top of that high-ass mountain

And the faggyass scum of the Earth who kill Paarthurnax
>>
>>252735692
I hate this about every Bethesda programmed RPG.

The universe revolves around the player character. It makes no fucking sense at all. Society can't seem to run without the player's existence.
>>
>>252737697
>be me
>be captured
>head to execution site
>dragon comes
>kills everything
>I escape
>go to Redwood
>go to WhiteRun
>Fight dragon
>absorb soul
>I am dragonborn
>Old guy tells me to meet up with other old guys
>"Fuck That Shit, That Shit's Gay"
>Go around doing random shit
>Get bored
>Never play game again

Is 99% of all Skyrim runs
>>
>>252737090
>Oh look, a TES thread, I always wanted to get into that
>Even the Wiki reads like it was written by an autist

Holy shit I can't into Tamriel
>>
>>252737904
>name is something like Rape-Lord-Destroyer
>letting that slimey cunt manipulate you
>>
>>252735320

Not in Oblivion.
You were simply trimming the weaks out there.
If anything you made them stronger.
>>
>>252737697
Thieves' guild is tedious, but for me it's the best faction in skyrim (sad statement about skyrim), because it's the only one that took a lot of time, and felt the most satisfying when you got back into all of the holds.
>>
>>252738062
Fuck you man I fucking loved those guys. Seriously, killing them was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in any video game. They were all so fucking nice to you.
>>
>>252738053
>manipulate you

I haven't played Skyrim in ages but, what did he do other than teach you shouts and activate the Elder Scroll for you? I wouldn't call that manipulation.
>>
>>252737770
Ok nigga, here we go
>game start
>on wagon
>going to be executed
>dragon comes during execution
>aw shit son
>run away to some nord city
>loud voice from the mountain
>dude says aw nigga you chosen
>learn to yell magic out of your face
>can absorb dragon souls
>this kills the dragon
>big boss dragon is Alduin, a being that in lore ushers in the start of a new age, by destroying everything
>you kill that nigga in like 2 shots
>I SAVED DUH WORLD
>niggers want you to kill your best bro, who is a chill as fuck dragon
>WHAT DO
the end
>>
>>252736057
that sounds like a glitch though, i dont think theyre actually scripted to do anything but randomly shoot arrows and beat up targets in the backyard
something like that happened in fallout 3 if you enslaved this one guys ass buddy, a script they forgot to remove makes him try to find the guy so they can sleep next to each other so he goes on a cross map trek to find him
and hes unkillable so he carves a swath of murder wherever he goes searching

it was actually a really cool thing but not something bethesda would actually do on purpose, thats way too much attention to detail
if it wont be noticed by even the most casual of players they never bother with it anymore
>>
>>252737145
>Pelinal Whitestrake.
Was he the guy who hates elves like Hitler hates jews?
>>
>>252738272
Don't you just love how the game makes it harder on you by having the Kajit like you only at the time you have to kill him?
>>
File: sheo.jpg (62 KB, 511x512) Image search: [Google]
sheo.jpg
62 KB, 511x512
So the Hero of Kvatch confirmed GOAT protagonist, right?
>>
>>252738317
Well, he did get you to kill the only dragon more powerful than him (in theory; he was weak as shit in the game).

If you died, and he decided he wanted to rule shit, nobody would be able to stop him
>>
>>252738407
Yes. He was basically an automaton from the future designed SOLELY to split elves in half ass-first with his mighty boot. He would scream praises to Reman Cyrodiil all while doing it, too.
>>
>>252738394
They do actually go on hunts. The Companions, at least.
>>
The loli is tending the gardens. That's all you need to know.
>>
>>252738479
>Implying

Step up, senpai, Nerevarine is GOAT.
>>
>>252738660
This nigga knows what's up.
>>
>>252738660
Nerevarine is probably the best, only because I hate the tribunal with all of my hate.
>>
>>252737145
There's only ever been two Sheogoraths from what I understand.

The original, who was a split personality of Jiggylag created by the other Deadra Gods because they feared his sheer power of mass Order, and the current one, who used to be the Hero Of Kvatch but became the Madgod once he helped Sheogorath stop his other self.
When Jiggylag died, so did the first Sheogorath.
With The Hero Of Kvatch as the new Sheogorath, no one has to worry about the Deadra of Order ever again and there is no reason to pass the title of Madgod onto anyone else.
>>
File: getoutofmyface.jpg (126 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
getoutofmyface.jpg
126 KB, 600x600
>"I don't have any business with you, so get out of my face!"

You were the worst part of Riften you piece of shit. Mercer should of killed you
>>
>>252738753
She was tsundere, faggot
>>
>>252738556
Paarthurnax has been with the Graybeards long, LONG before the Dragonborn showed up. He's probably closely bonded with them. I doubt after so many years he would switch sides, especially when he could have just joined Alduin in the first place.

Honesty though if I had the choice I would have helped the dragons take over and enslave the humans. But maybe that's my fetishes talking
>>
>>252738660
>he doesn't know of the sheer amount of shit the Hero of Kvatch did by the end of the game
Horribly-planned alchemy bugs aren't canon, friend. HoK in the form of Pelinal Whitestrake the Madgod will run a one-man train on that pussy nigger elf Nerevarine.
>>
>>252738729
Does being a Daedric Prince of Madness make you any more powerful?

Could the Dragonborn fuck up Sheogorath?
>>
>>252738953
More powerful, yes. Sure. Sheogorath is strong as fuck.

He is, however, ADD as fuck and literally insane. He could never use his power for anything with a purpose.
>>
>>252736359
That's all you need. You and the Night Mother.
>>
I never understood something in TES.

There are a lot of "planes", right? Basically a plane for every Daedric Prince.

Are those "planes" other planets?
>>
>>252738427
>>252738272
>>252738062
Who actually was the traitor in that Brotherhood chapter? I think it was the Breton woman but it's been so long since I played
>>
>>252737697
>Thief's Guild

>start moralfag Kenshiro character
>spend most of my time as an simple mercenary, killing bandits and helping those in need
>arrive in Riften
>meet Brynjolf
>"you haven't earned an honest coin in your life, have you lad?"
>try to punch his face in and suplex him
>LOL ESSENTAIL
>>
>>252739202
It was some dude whose mom was killed by the DB.

I forget his name now
>>
>>252739189
They are both alternate dimensions and planets. You can get there by means of magic, and there are those cuhrazy mananauts who fly through the void with their magic space ship
>>
>>252739084
I thought he was just fucking around. Why would someone just randomly go insane by becoming a god?
>>
>>252738943
>>252738479
Don't you become the Hero of Cyrodiil by the end of the game? Why use his old and busted title?
>>
>>252739202
Turns out, there wasn't a traitor, and the Black Hand were just being paranoid and made a HUGE mistake. I forget where you learnt this but I remember it being like that.
>>
>>252739350
Well if you become the god of madness, wouldn't it make sense that you'd go totally mad?
>>
>>252738729
wait so does that mean that Sheogorath in Skyrim is the Champion of Cyrodil?

that is pretty whack.
>>
>>252739443
You find the head of the mother of the dude doing the actual killing in the basement of the lighthouse
>>
>>252737525
Accurate
>>
>>252739350
Because he didnt become a god.
He became a different person, Sheogorath
>>
>>252739332
I meant in the Cheydinhall chapter specifically.
>>
>>252739443
Naw, there was a traitor. He just wasn't a member of your sanctuary... or maybe he was at an earlier point.
>>
>>252739350

He didn't 'become' a God, he's a different personality than his original, cursed to be the opposite of his previous sphere (order, logic).
>>
>>252739503
No.
>>
>>252738729

wait, jyggy doesn't exist anymore?

FUCK
>>
>>252739682
>>252739608
Yeah, I knew of that Black Hand traitor, I meant that the mistake was they thought it was a Sanctuary member that was the traitor.

I still hate how they got replaced with generic as fuck NPCs that just do whatever you say.
>>
>>252739625
So his body was just possessed? It's not actually the HoK?
>>
>>252739883
I know that feel. Do you even get the skeleton and rat back that just randomly wandered the sancutary?
>>
File: Oblivion 2014-06-07 23-00-51-67.jpg (440 KB, 1440x2356) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion 2014-06-07 23-00-51-67.jpg
440 KB, 1440x2356
>>252738272
>>252738427
;_;

>>252739202
>>252739332
>>252739608
>>252739682
FUN FACT: if you take his mothers head with you and drop it on the floor when you see first see The Black Hand, the traitor acts really nervous
>>
>>252739883
>>252739682
>>252739678
He actually was a part of the Cheydinhall sanctuary
>>
>>252739937
He was the HoK, now he's Sheogorath.
I wouldn't say possessed. He let him in.
>>
>>252735692
Because the series would be more of a boring piece of shit if nothing ever happened. Not to mention the fact that the games are set centuries apart, not decades.

Also, what's to say Earth isn't under constant threat of destruction? We just might not know about it.
>>
>>252738364

Thieves guild was better than mainquest in Oblivion as well. Not in Morrowind though, due to good mainquest and sneak/security being useless.
>>
>>252740039
You're wrong. You're taking it like Shegorath is some spirit that just fused with the HoK.

it's like Ying and Yang, there has to be chaos and there has to be order.

When Sheo became Jiggy again, there was no more chaos, so something had to take the place of chaos so HoK BECAME chaos itself.

He is sheogorath in the sense that it's like a stream of conciousness to be a god, but he's still HoK
>>
>>252734937
RAIDIANT AI
>>
File: Oblivion 2014-06-10 15-32-12-86.png (1003 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion 2014-06-10 15-32-12-86.png
1003 KB, 1920x1080
>>252739980
Here's what he says when you do it.

Sometimes Bethesda pays attention to the little things.
>>
>>252738364
>WHAT DO

You shout Delphine off a mountain, that's what do.
>>
>>252740292
That is what happened though, even his appearance changed.
>>
>>252738394
>something like that happened in fallout 3 if you enslaved this one guys ass buddy, a script they forgot to remove makes him try to find the guy so they can sleep next to each other so he goes on a cross map trek to find him
>and hes unkillable so he carves a swath of murder wherever he goes searching
I know exactly what you're talking abut.
I think they were named Flak and Shrapnel
>>
>>252740392
I feel like bethesda still has that spark of wanting to do neat shit like this somewhere but it doesn't make it into the games nearly enough for their size.
>>
Damn, now I miss Oblivion. I'll admit there were some things I liked better about Skyrim, though not much, but after replaying both Oblivion feels like the overall better game, and I prefer its world over Skyrim's bland "snow everywhere" world where every dungeon is a Nordic crypt.

Though I still wonder why I wish the dragons enslaved humanity and it's probably due to fetishes
>>
>>252740770
>oblivion's world
>not bland

Man I liked Oblivion a lot but lets be real
>>
>>252740561
Interacting with Daedra changes you appearance.
>>
File: 1395584681946.gif (698 KB, 555x666) Image search: [Google]
1395584681946.gif
698 KB, 555x666
>>252740557
I SAW THAT

THOUGHT YOU COULD DELETE IT AND GET AWAY WITH ACCIDENTALLY POSTING IN THE WRONG THREAD

NOT ON MY WATCH
>>
>>252740878
Lesser of two evils here. I prefer grass than snow. The snow made it blander.
>>
>>252740770
Seen one English countryside, seen em all.
>>
>>252740963

sorry
>>
>>252740878
yeah as much as i loved Oblivion i am gonna have to agree with this. i thought Skyrim was much better for general exploration.
>>
>>252740878
Better than skyrim.

Every ES game is worst than the one before it
>>
>>252740878
>>252740770
Ayleid ruins > Nord Crypts
Dwemer ruins > Everything else
>>
>>252740996
Skyrim has a lot of non-snow areas though
>>
>>252738753
>should of
>>
>>252740770
Now imagine if Oblivion had Skyrim's leveling system. It seems like it would be easy-ish to mod into oblivion. It already keeps track of the skills you use. Honestly, the only reason I don't go back to oblivion the terrible fucking leveling. It's the first and only game where I ever kept a pen and paper next to me to keep track of shit.
>>
>>252739275
Skyrim's quests are so fucking awfully written.

>You haven't earned an honest coin in your life, have you lad?

Why the fuck would someone write this into the game? It either paints Brynjolf as a fucking moron, or assumes that every character that's ever going to speak with him is a thief.

Then you get shit like he Blood on the Ice or w/e quest in Windhelm, which at first seemed like the best quest in the game, something where you actually have you use your brain and figure out who the murderer it.

Nope.

Even if you find out who is going Jack the Ripper on the town's women you can't tell anyone and you have to arrest the wrong person because the quest has only one route through the chain.
>>
>>252741096
I liked the areas in Skyrim that didn't have snow. Shame they were the minority. The area in the first town area with Delphine (Riverwood?) and its surroundings were pretty though.
>>
>>252740878
skyrims vegetation sucks though
oblivions plants and forests were colorful as fuck
>>
>>252741121
Ayleid ruins were shit, dawg
not that nord crypts don't get repetitive
>>
>>252740923
No, it doesn't. BECOMING one does. Mantling is not like acting like another person so hard that people think you are them. You literally become them.
>>
>>252741224
There no snow in all of Markarth and the surrounding area

non from falkreath all the way past whiterun

and the who eastern section of the map below windhelm has no snow

It's literally half of the map doesn't have snow
>>
>>252740963
I find this funny. What did anon post?
>>
Is the dragonborn even immortal in some way? The only way is if he becomes a wampire is the way I see it, unless if I missed something.
Champion of Cyrodiil is because he's a god, and Nerevarine probably is thanks to his corpus
>>
>>252739567
Yes, he even talks briefly about Martin Septim and makes vague statements about The Grey Fox and the traitor of The Dark Brotherhood
>>
>>252741245
What's your point?

They might have just given him a more sinister look to imply he did become a Daedra.
>>
>>252741393
Falkreath and Markarth were pretty as well. I still hate the half that did have snow though.
>>
>>252741242
I found nord crypts super boring, outside of the dragon priests. I didn't particularly like ayleid stuff, but I thought it was more interesting at least.

But seriously, Dwemer ruin blow everything else out of the water.

Game set in the first era fucking when
>>
>>252741436

you pretty much become ageless if you use magic enough
>>
>>252741225
Saturation doesn't automatically make a setting less bland.
>>
>>252741439
so does that mean the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines are canon?? or is just everything canon? how does that even work.
>>
>>252741159
>Then you get shit like he Blood on the Ice or w/e quest in Windhelm, which at first seemed like the best quest in the game, something where you actually have you use your brain and figure out who the murderer it.
>
>Nope.
>
>Even if you find out who is going Jack the Ripper on the town's women you can't tell anyone and you have to arrest the wrong person because the quest has only one route through the chain.
I never bothered with that quest. What happens?
>>
>>252741483
No, dude. He didn't just "look more sinister"
He takes on Sheo's appearance entirely.

Did you even play the game?
>>
Who cares, Morag Tong were better
>>
>>252741436
Not all elder scrolls heroes are immortal. Pretty sure both Arena guy and Daggerfall bro is canon dead
>>
File: bard'sleap.jpg (656 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
bard'sleap.jpg
656 KB, 1680x1050
Man, I was playing today, and I was walking from Falkreath to Markarth. I came across the waterfalls that are at Bard's Leap Summit

Man, that shit was beautiful. Nothing in Oblivion even comes close
>>
>>252740742
It's not Bethesda exactly, the guy who wrote Dark BRotherhood for Oblivion and Skyrim is just a bro who knows his shit compared to the other writers on staff
>>
File: 1391136352458.gif (251 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
1391136352458.gif
251 KB, 400x500
>>252741414
THAT WOULD BE AGAINST MY CODE OF HONOR

YOU WILL HAVE TO LIVE IN WONDER OF WHAT THAT ANON POSTED, JUST AS HE WILL HAVE TO LIVE IN SHAME
>>
>>252736340
Game on other continent when?

There's so much story and new shit that it could breathe new life into the elder scrolls series. You know they'd never fucking make it, though, since it goes against all the lore they've built up in the series so far.
>>
>>252741436
Miraak was exceedingly old, though whether this was because of Hermaeus Mora or not is unknown. IIRC though, the Dragonborn is just a mortal with the soul of a dragon, so it's unlikely that he'd like forever.
>>
>>252741701
Happens from time to time in Tamriel. Read the ingame books about the dragonbreak. It describes how all the endings to Daggerfall is canon.
>>
>>252741769
Not questwise.
>>
>>252740742
I agree.
Even the book you find in The Lighthouse that the traitor wrote was just so well done. There was a lot of detail put into it and I actually felt as if I was reading a book by an insane maniac.
I think Todd only lies most of the time because he WANTS his games to be like that, but most of Bethesda likes to cut corners and be lazy because they know whatever they make will sell off of brand recognition alone.
>>
>>252741956
Probably once they have exhausted the other areas, black marsh and such.
>>
>>252741935
I jumped from Bard's Leap Summit

Who else?
>>
>>252735320
>>252735320
Considering you kill the emperor, yes its canon.
>>
>>252742148
Well yeah, you get a perk for doing so.
>>
File: lorkhwat.jpg (117 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lorkhwat.jpg
117 KB, 500x500
>>252735692
>>252737967
Yes, it's Bethesda wanting world to revolve around you, BUT THERE IS A LORE REASON FOR IT
Not only is world actually reaching it's final destination, The Landfall, but Heroes Of Elderscroll are actual metaphysical thing, an actor that has to come and push the prophecies into action.
>>
>>252741414
this EVO fucking sucks jesus christ

>>252741942
:3
>>
File: disgruntled.jpg (14 KB, 407x286) Image search: [Google]
disgruntled.jpg
14 KB, 407x286
>>252741159
>Get to Honningbrew Meadery
>Poison the giant vats in the back room
>Poison now magically transports to small vat on the counter
>Guy gets poisoned
>Meadery isn't closed down for health inspection but given to the brewer
>Bethesda in charge of writing a story
>>
>Skyrim civil war
>canon ending will be total confusion during the war, both factions gaining the upper hand at different times until all faction leaders die and Skyrim falls into anarchy
>Dragonborn sails to Akavir to find the Nerevarine and is never seen again because the Nerevarine ate him to due Skyrim being a shit game
>>
>>252742148
>>252742228
I did it because I didn't want to have to walk back down. I didn't know about the bonus but thought it was awesome when it happened. It was a bit of polish that the rest of the world was sorely lacking.
>>
>>252742628
There's lots of little points of interest and the like that are unmarked or unmentioned.
>>
>>252738556
You kill the one dragon stronger than him making you stronger than him as well. Problem solves itself.
>>
>>252742535
Aldmeri are the real villains in that Civil War anyways.

I don't like how they barely go deep into the Dominion and conflicts with them. There's that one quest where you save that guy from a Dominion prison, but other than that I don't remember any conflict with them that wasn't an extension of fighting the Imperials.

Maybe they barely touched on it because the next TES game will be about fighting them after they took over the Empire.
>>
Why does the main conflict always have to be some cosmic evil foretold in a prophecy some where? Why can't it just be a political upheaval or something?
>>
>>252739625
>>252739937
>>252740039
>>252740292
>>252740561
>>252740923
>>252741245
>>252741483
>>252741727
FUCKING FUCK
I HAVE NEVER
EVER
SEEN ANYONE GO SO LONG WITHOUT PROPERLY EXPLAINING MANTLING
JESUS CHRIST /v/ IS LACKING LOREFAGS LATELY
BASICALLY
>IF YOU ACT LIKE SOMEONE ON CONCEPTUAL LEVEL SO MUCH THAT YOU ARE ESSENTIALLY THE SAME THING UNIVERSE MAKES YOU THE SAME THING
BOOM
DONE
IT'S CALLED MANTLING
>>
>>252742506
One of the dumbest shits in the game. Seriously, you literally JUST poisoned the vats

couldn't they have done anything at all to make it not retarded?
>>
>>252741708
>Stumble across a gathering of people around a mangled woman's body at night.
>Talk to the crowd about it, ask the guard if you can help in any way.
>You get approval from Ulfric's advisor.
>Investigate body, follow a trail of blood to a large abandoned manor at the back of town.
>Ask the grieving mother of the former occupants if you can use the key for your investigation.
>Investigate the house, find a strange and unique looking skull amulet and two journals from "The Butcher".
>The Journals talk of what amounts to a man trying to resurrect his wife or sister by ripping the needed materials from bodies of young women and using Necromancy and Alteration to "Flesh Magic" them together similar to a Flesh Golem, but much more advanced.
>The Jarl's Advisor points you to a shop of curiosities owned by a man who probably knows something about the amulet.
>Shop owner points you to the Court Wizard of Windhelm, who is rumored to dabble in Necromancy and dark arts that even the College of Winterhold doesn't condone.
>You report it to the Jarl's Advisor and he Court Wizard is arrested on site and sent to the jail.
>Several Nights pass.
>There's another murder. The Wizard is innocent. You have to find who the real killer is and report him to the Jarl's Advisor.
>You find the primary Butcher Journal in the house of the real killer and he's sent to jail.

I found the main journal before I was even pointed to the Court Wizard, but nah, gotta arrest the wrong guy first, then get mocked for being a moron, because the quest is so hand-holdy and linear.
>>
>>252742732
they won't take over empire
next game will just be fighting them in general
>>
>>252742328
That's a shitty lore reason to have society come to a complete standstill until you come along.
>>
>>252742692
Yeah, until you die... because you're moral and dragons aren't

Once you die, he's the most powerful being in the world.
>>
>>252742628
There's actually a number of areas like this. It's just that they're so out of the way or unknown that you can only ever find them on accident.

It makes the world seem more empty than it is. (It's still pretty bland though,)
>>
Does anyone have that big lore resource thing? I got linked it in an elder scrolls lore thread a while back but can't find it. It wasn't uesp; it was like a blog with links to a bunch of other resources.
>>
>>252742834
Uh, I'm pretty sure that if you talk to the wizard himself you can bring in the real killer.
>>
>>252741939
Honestly. I mean, Dark Brotherhood always has the greatest quests with cool stories, not even in an edgy way, but atmosphere, tone of the quests, everything you don't pay attention to, but is there shaping it all, it is all done well.
>>
>>252742763
It's not really a difficult concept to understand

This is /v/ though, so I guess that's something.
>>
File: 1395454071292.jpg (69 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1395454071292.jpg
69 KB, 2000x2000
>>252741436
>thieves guild
>forced to become Nightingale to finish questline
>have to fucking sell my soul to Nocturne
>little does she know Hircine already has claims to my soul thanks to The Companions forcing me to be a werewolf to finish the questline
>each Daedra God claims me as their champion when I finish their quests
Boy are they gonna be pissed when the dovahkhin dies!
>>
>>252742834
You actually can arrest the right guy first, you know.

But that quest does piss me off because I tried to skip all that bullshit by taking the journal from the Curiosities shop, but of course the game would not register that I found evidence.
>>
>>252738394
Green text story about a faggots eternal crusade when?

Seriously. Only glitches could make something that retardedly awesome happen
>>
File: pump it up.jpg (356 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
pump it up.jpg
356 KB, 1600x900
>>252743097
Especially because he's just a piece of Akatosh, having a dragon's soul and whatnot.
>>
>>252742948
society doesn't come to a standstill
if you don't do guild quests someone else will do them, not all guild quests are canonically done by your character, only if you want them to be done by your character
The thing is that the events of Main Quest absolutely must be done only by Her of the Elder Scrolls because Elder Scrolls say that only said person will do it and Elder Scrolls are the Law, shards of creation, memory, memory of Godhead, third person view on timeline, looking into your home from your own window, however you want to describe it, Elder Scrolls say something and then it happens.
>>
>>252742834
>then get mocked for being a moron

Probably because you were a moron and didn't talk to the wizard before calling for his arrest.
>>
File: 574659_1302736764964_448_336.jpg (22 KB, 448x336) Image search: [Google]
574659_1302736764964_448_336.jpg
22 KB, 448x336
>>252734937
probably fucking each other in the ass!
>>
>picking vampire over werewolf
>>
>>252738556
Miraak would've spread Paarthurnax from Dawnstar to Helgen.
>>
>>252743097
I feel like that's what they tried to convey with Miraak. You're gonna get fucked over no matter who gets claim.
>>
File: 1405037315167.jpg (77 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
1405037315167.jpg
77 KB, 960x639
>>252743318
>>
>>252743036
Was it Elder Lore?
>>
>>252743343
I do it every time. I need to be immortal in every game I play
>>
>>252743053
I do not understand, one month ago I was discussing Tonal Architecture and C0DA with /v/, now everyone lacks basic understanding about lore.
I mean do absolutely new people that just played TES for the first time come into threads every time while lorefags are missing for some unknown reason?
>>
>>252742834

>Morrowind had actual investigation quests where you could find the target right away without interviewing tons of witnesses and suspects if you were clever enough

>that murder in Vivec quest
>you can search around and interview witnesses, get sent to place to place, until one guy basically points you in the right direction or you could actually read the information youre given and find the killer
>>
>>252743395
Miraak is a faggot who was never escaping old herma mora
>>
>>252743038
Maybe I was too annoyed at the fact that I discovered who it was long before I was even pointed in the Wizard's direction and there was no option at all to turn him in, and I just turned the guy in without paying much attention to what he had to say.
>>
>>252743482
Most actual TES discussion happens in /tg/
>>
>>252735804
Sheogorath was the Daedric prince of order jyggalag but was cursed with madness because he was amassing armies to conquer the daedric plane. At the end of shivering isles the PC takes his place.
So Jyggalag the daedric prince of order is back and the PC is the daedric prince of madness Sheogorath
>>
>>252742834
I had a glitch relating to that quest.
The amulet remained a quest item afterwords, and apparently you're supposed to show the amulet to whoever first so it will have magic effects.
>>
>>252743036
imperial library?
>>
>>252743482
>I mean do absolutely new people that just played TES for the first time come into threads every time while lorefags are missing for some unknown reason?

They're probably in the general, not here. Not to mention that you don't need to know shit about lore to play the games. How does knowing what chim is make it easier to beat the shit out of stuff?
>>
>>252743097
>>252743412
They actually can't get your soul at all, they better be ready to get super buttmad.
Only way to get soul of someone like you and Herma Mora being a smart ass dick knew that, is to force you to die in their realm so that your soul gets bound to it.
You know why Miraak is stuck in Apocrypha? Not because he died and his soul went to Mora, nope, he a fucking Dragonborn that wouldn't work, It's because just in the moment when Miraak was defeated and dying Herma Mora opened portal, dragged him in and Miraak bled out in his realm.
DONE
GET REKT BOI
NOW YOU SERVE ME
NO ONE CAN OUTSMART THE MORA BOI
>>
>>252743568
The only reason he didn't escape is because of the Dragonborn. Had the dragon born died, (as in that hypothetical situation,) he would've escaped.
>>
>>252743467

>mfw vampire Nereverarine
>how can a nigga BE this immortal
>>
>>252743036
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/
Lady Nerevars guide to lore?
>>
>>252743806
First off, the hypothetical is that the dragonborn dies... eventually. He would have already killed miraak, and he will still die.

But even so, Hermaeus Mora is not getting outwitted by some faggot
>>
>>252743806
he would have done more than escape
his plans were Dagoth Ur tier world domination on metaphysical level
interestingly they were planing to give Dragonborn chance to convince Miraak to overthink his life and escape together like broes, first and last Dragonborn, there are scrap dialogues for that and scrap questline parts, that alternate ending would end in you escaping and Mora being buttmad as fuck.
Too bad choices are too much to ask for so no Miraak bro for you.
>>
>>252743910
The name is familiar, but I don't remember it being a forum post. This is probably it though, thanks
>>
>>252744145
>>252743910

Was just about to say that as well, name is familiar. Tripfag on /v/ or a Morrowind modder perhaps?
>>
>>252744024
Actually Miraak had good chance to escape, of course Mora would always think of way to fuck him up but he had a fairly good chance because he was aiming really high and using laws of universe to his advantage, again his plans were Dagoth Ur tier.
>>
>>252744106

Isn't there a mod that adds that back in?
>>
>>252744293
Lady Nerevar is wife of Michael Kirkbride
>>
>>252735320
Everything is canon.

C0DA
>>
>>252736707
Im not to sharp on specifics right now
But what about that continent that sank?
Was it the nords or the redguards og home?
It would be pretty cool to play a game that slowly became more submerged.
Although it might end up like how everyone was pissed about fallout 3 not having a continuation.
>>
In oblivion you do the knights of nine following in pelenials foot steps. You both are shezzarars. I think that's the spelling. A aspect of lorkan. Isn't whitesdrake connected to sheogorath? So the CoC sort of becoming him in the end is kind of fitting. Someone correct me if Im wrong
>>
File: disapp.png (218 KB, 575x382) Image search: [Google]
disapp.png
218 KB, 575x382
>>252742506
>Murder someone
>1000 gold fine
>Food poisoning
>Life in prison
>>
>>252744451
stop saying that
people don't understand what
>Everything is canon
in this context means
people also don't understand when timeline is bound and when it's unbound so they start screaming
>hurr lore ruined
>>
>>252744452
Yokuda, redguard home

Also, I need to become a sword singer in one of these games
>>
>>252744293
Kirkbride's wife

>>252744347
Several. Never seen any that restore his cut fight elements though. Not surprising given how glitchy he is even in vanilla however
>>
>>252744106
>Too bad choices are too much to ask for

This should've been Skyrim's tagline. Every quest in the game is choiceless or has a stupid fucking choice that's pointless.
>>
>Install nude mods for all females.
>Steal their clothes.
>Naked women everywhere.
>Install fuck/rape mods.

fap a couple of times. uninstall.
>>
>>252743274
this is the sorta shit id love to see an open world game take from roguelikes, permadeath and a progressing world
when you die your save isnt reloaded, youre forced to make a new character at that point in time
the further you progress in quests and shit the more choice you have in new character starting points, starting points affect starting gear, stats, shit like that

you match or surpass your old character and you might go on a personal mission to go retrieve their body and have a proper funeral
or just loot all the good shit you lost and then necromancy them back to serve you

and dying with a quest in progress can cause quests to permanently fail because your character didnt arrive in time or some shit, or your new guy will be forced to pick up where they left off, people die or get thrown in jail, new quests open up, shit fucking HAPPENS

i thinks its completely feasible if you strip the "procedural world generation" part every fucking roguelite has these days and create a static world in which these events happen, and write everyone elses story before writing the OC donut steel in
>>
File: CHIM.png (3 MB, 1290x1260) Image search: [Google]
CHIM.png
3 MB, 1290x1260
CHIM
>>
>>252735320
It's canon, but it's "the skyrim listener" as opposed to the dragonborn, so everything can remain as generic as possible.
>>
So does ESO rape the lore hard? I heard you kill Molag Bal in it, which sounds pretty bullshit to me.
>>
>>252744619
That's a huge fucking shame. Wasn't he trying to oust the godhead by recreating the towers or some shit? Its a shame you have to sniff around for the lore in this game, but on the other hand that's what makes it interesting
>>
>>252744452
>But what about that continent that sank?
Yokuda
>Was it the nords or the redguards og home?
Yokudans are proto Redguards
>It would be pretty cool to play a game that slowly became more submerged.
Yokuda didn't slowly sink, Yokuda exploded.
You know Thu'um? It's a Tonal reality warping power, there are many similar to it.
Sword Singing is Tonal reality warping of Redguards.
Sword Singing lets you forge spirit swords by singing and use various spirit techniques, basically jedi samurai niggers.
The strongest Sword Singing technique is Pankratosword and it has been used only once, you guessed it, on Yokuda. Pankratosword is a group technique that causes explosion strong enough to destroy a whole continent.
>>
So I'm conflicted. I liked Skyrim the first time I played it, but what Elder Squirrel should I play next? More importantly, which one has more customization? (And if so, could anyone link a texture pack for the one you recommend? Even Skyrim had bland textures, and I doubt the previous iterations are any better
>>
>>252744792
One day
>>
>>252743274
>>252744879
The thing about this is, I always thought you did them because you were the only one who COULD do them.
>>
>>252744293
She is cumdumpster of one of the writers.
>>
>>252744949
That's a fan-theory, a good one though.
>>
>>252744891

ESO what? If you mean Elder Scrolls Online that was thankfully cancelled in 2012 and never released.
>elder scrolls mmo

Hah
>>
File: lorefag.jpg (2 MB, 2837x3100) Image search: [Google]
lorefag.jpg
2 MB, 2837x3100
>>252744891
Mandatory lorefag picture
>>
Skyrim > Oblivion > Daggerfall > Morrowind > Arena

I'm glad this is settled.

Can we talk about the best TES game, Skyrim?
>>
>>252745164
I thought so yeah. Must have been a nightmare then. Thank god. Carry on.
>>
File: 1356405857330.jpg (13 KB, 308x291) Image search: [Google]
1356405857330.jpg
13 KB, 308x291
>>252744524
>murder 4 people
>"You have commited crimes against skyrim and her people. what say you in your defense?"
>"do you know who I am? I am the thane of (insert town here)"
>"my apologies thane."
>>
>>252745246
pls go
>>
>>252745246
I think this entire thread is largely about Skyrim
>>
>>252744995
>elder squirrel
>>
>>252744891
It raped lore hard everywhere but in books
Books are good, well not all of them obviously but some books are really good
Several books even say that Transcription error is bullshit and that it was written by scholar that didn't know shit
Then they said that some outside metaphysical forces did the change, which is heavily implied to be Talos and one Scholar even proses his own theory that since White Gold Tower is imitation of Ada-Manta, it just like Ada-Manta warps space and time around itself, he said that since Ayleids used to live in Cyrodiil and they come from Jungelous region Cyrodiil was warped to look like they like, then when Men came it slowly warped to temperate region
His theory is wrong but it's still nice and very creative
>>
File: AkaTuskandMiraak.jpg (768 KB, 1828x1768) Image search: [Google]
AkaTuskandMiraak.jpg
768 KB, 1828x1768
>>252744949
Yeah, that's a very good theory which is pretty solid. Like when you take it into consideration and look over his temples, his chant, his motivation it makes a lot of sense.
Good stuff.
>>
>>252745359
Books are, for me, the best part of Skyrim. I play a mage (even though magic is super shit) just to RP a nerd who reads all of the time.
>>
>>252736421

That's Bethsoft for ya
>>
>>252745350
>He hasn't seen the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddQGZkxelrE
>>
>>252735692
Nirn, the name of the planet, means Arena in an ancient language.
The story of the world's creation is that the creator god was some sort of trickster who deliberately wanted to fuck over the spirits that he forced to live on the world, presumably so they could gain enlightenment.

The ES world can never be peaceful, since the will of its creator continues to influence it, especially since it's highly likely ever main character of the games has been his avatars.
>>
>>252744293
>Tripfag on /v/ or a Morrowind modder perhaps?
Trainwiz?
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1857x969) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1857x969
>>252744891
Very, don't even look here
>>252745239
that picture doesn't depict shit and is based on pre-release lore
INGAME STUFF
OH BOY
CUTTING MOLAG BAL IN HALF
>*TAKES OUT HIS HOLY SWORD OF LIGHT*
>HEH NOTHING PERSONEL KID *SMIRK*
>*CUTS MOLAG BAL IN HALF*
>>
>>252745663
Was thinking Lady Nerevar, already know who Trainwiz is, got it explained though
>>
>>252745619
>in ancient language
It's Ehlnofex you bafoon, language of Ehlnofey.
>>
>watching shemale porn while steam is running.jpg
>>
>>252745732
There's one or two decent pieces of lore in ESO though.
>>
Soooo can dragons enslave us now?

...Please?
>>
>>252745065
No. There's no need to even be the Dragonborn to do side quests in Skyrim for instance. Anyone who is a great thief can save the Thieve's Guild, any powerful mage can save Winterhold, etc.

But only the Dragonborn can defeat Alduin.
>>
GUYS ARE YOU READY FOR SHEHAI SHEN SHE RU IN TES6?
>BECOMING SWORD SINGER
>ASCENDING TO ANSEI SWORD SAINT
>CREATING WEAPON OUT OF YOUR VERY ESSENCE THAT REPRESENTS YOUR SPIRIT AND DETERMINATION
>LEARNING SHEHAI SHEN SHE RU TECHNIQUES
>START CUTTING UP EVERYTHING LIKE CRAZY
>LEARN REALITY WARPING SWORD TECHNIQUES THAT TELEPORT YOUR CUTS AND OTHER BULLSHIT
>PROBABLY AVATAR OF HOONDING SO END UP FIGHTING THALMOR
My body is ready.
>>
>>252744619
There is a mod which allows you to use Bend Will on him to get him to fight alongside you against mora, then he becomes your follower.
>>
>>252746061
To be fair, I do not think that being admitted to a college as an apprentice and then becoming the dean of that college two days later without improving your skills whatsoever is how the experience generally works for most non-Dragonborn people.
>>
>>252746207
Yeah I know of it. Like I said though, he's got cut fight elements that I've never seen restored.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 84

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.