[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what are these "Flaws" people keep bringing up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 97
File: SS_regular_Japan.jpg (43 KB, 307x427) Image search: [Google]
SS_regular_Japan.jpg
43 KB, 307x427
So what are these "Flaws" people keep bringing up but never actually mention when bringing up this beautiful game?

I think I've fallen in love with the whole thing, the effort I can see that was put into this as phenomenal, and it makes me fucking mad seeing it be the most hated of this generation

>The Wiimote for the sword is tight and has no issues whatsoever.
I'm willing to hear otherwise
>Zelda actually serves a purpose and feels like an actual character then any other game. also the best girl in vidya
>Greatest OST in vidya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shibvkpyb8E
>Perfect mix between WW and TP "style" by mixing the two and working it into a colourful watercolour montage, every screenshot can be made into a wallpaper, in good taste.
>everyone is memorable like fucking fench the lovable beta, Groose the Caboose, Zelda's papa who the Bro-Mentor

It's easily becoming my favourite, what's the issue here?
>>
File: 1385008249514.png (52 KB, 676x660) Image search: [Google]
1385008249514.png
52 KB, 676x660
Every fucking zelda game ever

You know its true /v/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H35cDKGDgU
>>
>Greatest OST in vidya

I don't know about THAT, anon. It is pretty great though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEbFLSfHqQ8
>>
>>252240116
fi, linear shitty corridors with no exploration ,empty sky, backtracking, horrible monsters inc bosses, repetitive boss fights (ghirahim, demise), the story that shits at all Zelda lore
>>
Of the Zelda games I've beaten:

ALttP > OoT > WW > LA

I haven't played ALttP in a while, though, so that might be nostalgia talking.
>>
File: 1381365710026.jpg (97 KB, 599x780) Image search: [Google]
1381365710026.jpg
97 KB, 599x780
>>252240384
>that fucking face, and everything about him
I'm Ignoring that he said whats on every ones mind.

I don't own a wii and infact I just jacked it from my friend but playing itt now I would have defended this for the entire months of hate and criticism that it had at release if I just played it. everything people have said is simply the opposite; the motion controls, the story, the art style, the dungeons no buttons 12 miles away from doors but instead making actual sense and simplicity.

>>252240476
aww fuck that's good
>>
>>252240116

>All of that subjetive shit
>Not a single valid gameplay and design point

There's your problem.
>>
>>252240968
Fi is a sexy companion that intrudes a lot yes. but she helps when I don't understand nipponies logic

>linear shitty corridors with no exploration
not true and infact that has been said about every zelda

>empty sky
you haven't even played it, have you. there is so much to do that you can fly for 20 minutes and still have things to do. I would take the sky over the ww sea anyday no offence to the ww fans

>backtracking
doesn't imply it's bad when they add new puzzles and new monsters.

>horrible monsters inc bosses
monsters are fun to fight, and the bosses are turning up amazing. the ancient cistern golem with 6 sword arms was the hypest shit you bitch.

>the story that shits at all Zelda lore
actually it keeps it all intact because they wanted to unify the whole time line. they did a great job, elaborate you little faggot.
>>
>>252240116
OST is mostly ambient with few memorable tracks
Motion control is dependent on endless calibration and recalibration, combat is simply 'enemy telegraphs attack, respond accordingly'
Tiny amount of content, huge amounts of padding\recycling (e.g. silent realm, tadtones, a total of 7 recycled boss fights)
Most items were either useless or no fun, or both. The only exception being the beetle. Really, fucking bellows?
Cliched anime storyline that attempts to do little new.
Replaces interesting primary villain with overdesigned musclehead 20 minutes before the end
Empty overworld with few sidequests, mandatory parts of the story that felt like they should have been sidequests.
NPCs, particularly non-human ones, range between irritating to boring.

The only good thing about the game was the ancient cistern and the item upgrading system.
>>
>>252241504
I put those down so you can put up a counter argument.
>>
>>252241589
I forgot to mention the infuriating companion character with cliched character arc, general handholding and overall easiness of the game.
>>
>>252240973
Oh shit anon for the love of christ get comfy and replay OoT then right Start up Majora's Mask; you are in for the experience of a lifetime
>>
File: 1395643392068.png (97 KB, 250x256) Image search: [Google]
1395643392068.png
97 KB, 250x256
>>252241589
>OST is mostly ambient with few memorable tracks
subjective. I think otherwise but IMO
>Motion control is dependent on endless calibration and recalibration, combat is simply 'enemy telegraphs attack, respond accordingly'
you calibrate once and you're done kid

>Tiny amount of content, huge amounts of padding\recycling (e.g. silent realm, tadtones, a total of 7 recycled boss fights)
there is more content then OOT and TP combined and that's a fact
>Most items were either useless or no fun, or both. The only exception being the beetle. Really, fucking bellows?
have yoou used the robo beetle that you can use to scout out the area? or the upgrraded sling shot that turns into a shot gun?

reading through all of your critisizm I don't know what the fuck you are evenn saying. I'm not even going to explain why you seem to try and hate everything about the game. but it's clear you just avoid all attempts at enjoyement
>>
File: b8_87.jpg (72 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
b8_87.jpg
72 KB, 625x626
>>252241529
>not true and infact that has been said about every zelda
>I would take the sky over the ww sea anyday
>>
>>252241529
>not true and infact that has been said about every zelda

It's true that complaining about linearity in any Zelda after A Link to the Past is fucking stupid, but denying it is stupider. The game is linear as fuck. Whether or not that's a bad thing depends on the player. I'm okay with it. Some people aren't.

>you haven't even played it, have you. there is so much to do that you can fly for 20 minutes and still have things to do. I would take the sky over the ww sea anyday no offence to the ww fans

This is straight-up bullshit. There are a whopping TWO things to find in the sky at the beginning of the game. That expands to an astounding three once you open the thunderhead. Everything else is chests that you can't get until you activate them, and you always know exactly which ones they are and where they are, so there's still nothing new or interesting to find. It's empty and boring.

>doesn't imply it's bad when they add new puzzles and new monsters

Except they didn't add anything good to the backtracking to make it worthwhile. Going back to an area you've already been so you can do a FETCH QUEST is the stupidest shit ever.

>monsters are fun to fight, and the bosses are turning up amazing. the ancient cistern golem with 6 sword arms was the hypest shit you bitch.

I agree with you there. The bosses were great. So were the temples. Monster fighting got a little tedious when you realized that every fight came down to waiting until you could strike the weak spot, but it was still neat.

>actually it keeps it all intact because they wanted to unify the whole time line. they did a great job, elaborate you little faggot.

Anyone who cares about Zelda Lore at this point is a fucking idiot. That shit is so stupid it's pointless to bitch about it.
>>
>>252241654

Very well.

>Even more fucking linear than Twilight Princess
>Short dungeons with really easy puzzles, I don't give a shit about the aesthethics or the atmosphere when the core design is really bad. The only saving grace was LMF and the Snadship.
>The entire combat system is simplified to a pseudo Simon Says "wait for a direction" minigame, with the only other combat option being a shield bash. Repeat ad infinitum for every single enemy and boss in the game.
>Empty sky with jackshit to do. Separated overworld that is pretty well designed but it also lacks jackshit to do on it.
>30 fucking hours of padding.
>Handolding up your ass.
>Yet again, items only serve one role like in TP.
Not a single enemy designed to be taken on with an specific item like in pass Zelda games means less variety in the combat.

Shall I go on? All of this is besides the subjectvie shit like the artstyle or the music, which I loved and loathed, respectively.
>>
File: 1402834674585.jpg (26 KB, 192x171) Image search: [Google]
1402834674585.jpg
26 KB, 192x171
>>252240116
>talk about rpg's with a friend
>he brings up majoras mask
>isthisniggersrs.jpg
>let him talk, dont really listen
>he just wont stop talking about that game
>this nigga fucking wont stop talking
>he moves, finds his old n64 in locker
>with majoras mask
>cmonniggerwhatsupwiththisshit.webm
>plugs it in, starts playing majoras mask
>tells me about his childhood memories when he replays it
>i really want to go home, but i drank his booze so im forced to stay because politeness'n'shit
mfw the game sucks ballz
mfw absolutely nothing happens
mfw every character sucked deep ballz
mfw you play a fuckin green dressed elf in leggins
mfw friend is near tears of nostalgia
mfw landscape looks like shit
mfw i check google for remakes
mfw they remaked nearly every zelda game
mfw it still looks like on N64
mfw when i still laugh everytime at my friend when he brings up zelda
mfw nintendrones shouldnt speak up
mfw white cis male
>>
File: Zeldopinions.png (809 KB, 2000x750) Image search: [Google]
Zeldopinions.png
809 KB, 2000x750
>The Wiimote for the sword is tight and has no issues whatsoever
The motion controls are impressive for what they are but they're simply not 100% reliable like buttons are, and that's an objective flaw. The motion control combat thing is a cool idea and sounds great on paper but it turns every single enemy into a puzzle - it's not a bad thing in itself, I'm not saying I should just be able to swing wildly and win, but when enemies do things like telegraph their block then automatically switch to another block when I swing it becomes bad design, especially when it punishes me for it like the electric moblins and Girahim. Even without AI cheating the inherent unreliability of motion controls makes this frustrating because the player fails due to something they can't control.
>Zelda actually serves a purpose and feels like an actual character then any other game
I'm not sure what you're saying here. I'll give you the character depth and relationship between her and Link but she's a plot device here more than in every other 3D Zelda, except maybe TP. In OoT she becomes Sheik and helps you out a lot, in WW she's Tetra and is crucial to beating Ganon, and she also directly helps defeat Ganon in Twilight Princess although she's much less of a character.
>Greatest OST in vidya
I know this is >opinions but come on

>Story shits all over the lore
>Fi
>"Overworld" is literally just a level select hub outside the main town
I could go on but lol1500characters
>>
>>252240384
I will genuinely be surprised if people come around and say they liked SS. I feel like that's the game to break the cycle, I personally enjoyed it but the motion controls are the most polarizing thing they've added, plus the heavy amount of hand holding.
>>
File: tetra.jpg (384 KB, 1061x1500) Image search: [Google]
tetra.jpg
384 KB, 1061x1500
>>252240116
>Zelda actually serves a purpose and feels like an actual character then any other game. also the best girl in vidya
>>
File: 1379654348259.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1379654348259.jpg
116 KB, 1280x720
>>252242182
>combat is simply 'enemy telegraphs attack, respond accordingly'
forgot this one

It's more involving then attacking then block, attacking, block. rinse and repeat or sometimes just attack. sorry you have issues with actually competent AI

>>252242348
in response to the sky
the bamboo room to practice
the magical funland to explore with the clown
the pumkin patch
the endless ennemies you can gangsweep
the multiple people you can help and rescue
the hidden puzzles you can search for.
replay the game and blast the volume. maybe you were only going from objective to objective and weren't actually paying attention to the whole sky

the backtracking took me like 5 minutes to complete. you don't have to have such extreme responses to the slightly droning parts of the game, yes it's boring but it doesn't require such a large response in the community.

I brought up the zelda lore because the last post brought it up as well so why are you just dropping what you said last time
>>
>>252243178

Not that anon, but what fucking magical funland to explore? Do you mean the lone fucking island with jackshit to do on it, faggot?
>>
>>252240116
I remember arriving to the forest in the late game and it getting flooded. I was so excited that they would finally decide to change up an area and make it substantially different to explore and expand on it.

I was then put to collect tadtones.
>>
I have always liked TP even when everyone was shitting on it, and I will hate SS after everyone praises it.

>Collectathons
>Backtracking
>Fi

It just wasn't fun.
>>
>>252240476
Why the fuck was that shit not included in the god damn OST they gave out when I bought the game?
>>
File: 1397334012368.jpg (101 KB, 507x496) Image search: [Google]
1397334012368.jpg
101 KB, 507x496
>>252242426
A dungeon can only be linear you double nigger. the actual outside world is larger then ww
I like the new puzzles because it doesn't ever ask you to go and find a key on the other side of the dungeon after you just figured out the next puzzle that makes a locked door appear
>The entire combat system is simplified to a pseudo Simon Says "wait for a direction" minigame, with the only other combat option being a shield bash. Repeat ad infinitum for every single enemy and boss in the game.
again>>252243178
>It's more involving then attacking then block, attacking, block. rinse and repeat or sometimes just attack. sorry you have issues with actually competent AI

>Empty sky with jackshit to do. Separated overworld that is pretty well designed but it also lacks jackshit to do on it.
check your eyes you must be blind. for what is exploring

>>252243397
there is a clown that you have to meet that tells you to find his wheel. he's like golem or something. anyway he basically becomes the star land from TP with a bunch of platformer games.
>>
I never finished SS and probably never will, just because of the motion controls. They only worked about 90% of the time and the gimmick wore off fast. I'd rather just press a fucking button than waving my hands around like an asshole. Fuck the Wii.
>>
>>252243178
>bamboo room

It's a minigame, and one that is neither fun nor worthwhile. You do it once and never go back.

>magical funland

Another minigame. One and done.

>pumpkin patch

Again, just a sidequest to do. Do it once and you're done. There's nothing else to do there.

>endless enemies

There are endless enemies throughout THE ENTIRE GAME.

>multiple people you can help and rescue

Granted. There are quests to do. This has nothing to do with exploration.

>the hidden puzzles

Like what? Honestly, like what?

You're not helping your case. The sky was fucking bullshit. And this is coming from someone who LIKED the game. If anything, I'm on YOUR side. But stop trying to make it something it isn't. The sky was by far the most disappointing part of the game.
>>
I tried replaying the game recently and I don't what happened, maybe it has to do with how the Wii U upscales Wii games but the shit looks awful. I don't remember it being that rough looking.
>>
>>252240476
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P2HNic7JjI
Superior coming through
>>
dont respond to this baby's first zelda troll

SS was an ok game but a mediocre zelda game its fact deal with it
>>
File: 1111843.jpg (7 KB, 243x190) Image search: [Google]
1111843.jpg
7 KB, 243x190
>>252243945
you gave up from the bamboo room? what you don't want to challenge yourself?

yes another minigame

pumpkin patch is to tell you you are wrong because it involves 3 quests

>There are endless enemies throughout THE ENTIRE GAME.
but you have to go SANIC FAST TO KILL THEM THO

yes it involved exploring what the hells wrong with you? they aren't deliberately on the map, you have to find them. that means they are under the subsection of exploring

alright I found 3 puzzles so far. one involving the whip. another involving the robo beetle and bombs to open a door to get a chest with 500 jewpies and another where I don't have the item for.

something, something, you are wrong and you never bothered going out of your way to explore is that better?
>>
>>252244470
you sound like a bitch
>>
File: wind waker 1080p.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wind waker 1080p.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>252244259
Wii is max 480p
Wii U is min 720p

Twilight Princess looks even worse
Meanwhile Wind Waker
>>
File: 1381603702768.png (319 KB, 491x373) Image search: [Google]
1381603702768.png
319 KB, 491x373
>>252244470
I've played all of them. every last one. if you can't handle backing up your issues with the game go back to high school and retake English and sign up for the debate team.

or, if you actually have something to say. tell me why you think it is inferior to all other zeldas. at a glance.
>>
>>252244814
that's the style they went for. It has aged like wine on my game cube. sadly TP has taken a bit of a dip but I still play Nintendo 64 games so I have no issues with it.
>>
>>252240116
I enjoyed it, the only real issue with the game is few motion control glitches and fi being annoying.
>>
>>252240116
it's been over 2 years and there's so many flaws that people are just tired of listing them. Honestly its easier to list the good things since they're so few and far between. Like Groose, the plant race, the colors and cistern art direction. That's it.
>>
>>252240384
Yeah it sure is bullshit how the Zelda fanbase is made up of multiple people with varying opinions.

SO MUCH TRUTH UPVOTED LIKED FAVORITED

Gamers are fucking stupid.
>>
>>252245116
>there's so many flaws
if you are new to the thread and you haven't even read the OP I suggest you state what are these flaws and actually support your argument.

>>252245282
It's bullshit how they seem to act like a hivemind on youtube, 12 year olds are just like that.
>>
>>252243168
ya OPs a fucking idiot. SS zelda is actually one of the least useful when you really think about it.
>>
>>252244259

playing it on a PC is 100 times better if you have a good enough CPU
>>
>>252243168
>>252245434
Not to mention Sheik.

I never finished SS, but I did get through most of it and Zelda spent most of it just being carted around by impa.
>>
>>252240116
>what is matthewmatosis' entire video on the zelda series leading up to why SS sucks dicks
>>
>>252240116
Padding. Padding. Padding.
>>
>>252245407
>how they seem to act like a hivemind on youtube
What is this even supposed to mean? A load of people agreeing with each other isn't a fucking hivemind. There is no "Zelda cycle". It's just your inability to accept the fact that people disagree with you.
>>
>>252245702

She literally set up all of the dungeon puzzles for Link to solve so he could be "worthy" of obtaining the Triforce. she was basically the mastermind behind the whole game.
>>
>>252240116
I didnt like the art style
To much hand holding
To much backtracking
sky could have been really cool but is completely empty, also the bird controls weird.

otherwise its pretty great, some of the best dungeons in the series.

Also I fel its worth noting that the only people i've talked to who didn't like the motion controlls were severely obeese neckbeards who could bearly lift their own fucking arms.
>>
>>252245434
yeah I'm an asshole because I said one was better that means I hate all other zeldas

calm your autism and listen. tetra is my second favourite. that's my fact for all you care. but she disappears halfway through the game. are you saying she did anything spontaneously huge to counter that? I also acknowledge she fights ganon yeah.

>>252245708
so some guy I've never heard of makes a video on youtube. am I suppose to be impressed?

>>252245796
elaborate
>>
>>252245116
I disagree the dungeon structure made the world feel big, the only issue was that they were connected through a hub world. But honestly that's not even different from OoT, MM, and TP which all use a hub world (Hyrule Fields) to connect each area. Anyways in my opinion Hyrule Fields as a hub world is even more empty than skyloft.

SS was a step in the right direction, however they kept the bad aspects of OoT which caused it's problems.

The new Zelda looks like it'll be a fresh take that finally moves away from all the problems OoT has created.
>>
>>252240384
the entire thread.. right here
this is it
>>
File: 1378162637468.jpg (19 KB, 443x450) Image search: [Google]
1378162637468.jpg
19 KB, 443x450
>>252245407
>hivemind on youtube, 12 year olds are just like that.

and some how /v/ is any different
>>
>>252245796

Padding is a subjective thing. It's what you say about a game when you don't feel like playing it and you just want it to be finished. To someone with a different mindset, that "padding" is an actual enjoyable part of the game.
>>
>>252245894
I don't remember that at all. Care to explain how she did that? Though I guess I wouldn't be surprised that she would do that shit considering how badly the game handholds you. Like I don't think there is a game that hand holds as bad as Skyward Sword.
>>
>>252246061
>some retard trying to pretend there's a conspiracy against his opinion
Yeah, sounds about right.
>>
- backtracking to the same areas is boring and unexciting.
- Fi is a sticky beak who would shut her trap.
- motion controls are eh.
- side missions are lame.
- not enough areas to explore.
- tutorial levels are lame.

>but muh lore!

#egoraptorwasright
>>
I love Zelda games but this is the first 3D one that I've not finished. Got to the part flying the bird for fetchquests before the end and just couldn't do it any more. Also the controls were terrible.

At least the sand/ocean thing was neat.
>>
File: 1377668539972.png (355 KB, 884x768) Image search: [Google]
1377668539972.png
355 KB, 884x768
>>252246242
everything i think is right
everything you think is wrong

k
>>
>>252245919
>some guy I've never heard of
Feel free to have heard of one of the most logical reviewers in the world who works his ass off for every review.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qAjK7wd5QE

Who'm I kidding you probably don't have the attention span to listen to anyone else for more than a minute
>>
I enjoyed the fuck outta SS so much so that I have 99 in every single treasure

personally the only problem I have is that there weren't more areas but I do enjoy the current selection
>>
>>252246190

Near the end, Zelda explains that all of the trials Link went through were a test set up by her former self.. I don't remember the exact words but you could probably find a cutscene on youtube of it if you bother to look
>>
>>252246320
Shit, my post >>252246354 is just below yours, and that's basically what I felt, just summed up better.
>>
File: 1313445476839.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1313445476839.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>252246360
>missing the point this hard
Wrekt him so hard his brain broke.
>>
>>252245889
Hivemind implies that if 2 people say their opinion and 1 guy was watching them then he immediately takes their opinion because it is considered the popular vote. you have to be a complete retard to think the zelda cycle hasn't existed because of this. some 5 kids say the game looks crappy from the reveal trailer. everyone agrees and when 2 years pass then it starts to gain appreciation.

>>252245906
I'm not arguing your opinions despite how much you rapidly overlook all of them.
>>
I have a dreadful feeling that Zelda hipsters are going to complain about the open world and non-linearity in the WiiU game and we'll never get a non-linear open world Zelda again as a result.
>>
>>252246387
I stuck through this thread longer then anyone else, so spouting objectively wrong information because you got sour at me because I didn't feel like watching some guy with a cam with a big ego yel shut at me.
>>
File: 1369880841034.jpg (39 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1369880841034.jpg
39 KB, 250x250
Old zelda games good

new zelda games bad
>>
>>252245919
Zelda's that are more helpful than SS zelda:

>OOT
>Majora's Mask
>Wind Waker
>Spirit Tracks

Those are ones where she actually does something for you though I guess every other zelda does about the same amount for you as SS. PH, original, and zelda 2 are the only ones to bog down your journey more, but that's because if they weren't captured or turned to stone there wouldnt even be a game, so you could argue they're still better than SS.
>>
>>252246354
check your fap arm anon, the controls were easy shit and flying just requires attention to figure it out at the start then you can get the hang of it in no time
>>
>>252246982
>>Majora's Mask
It's sad but true.
>>
SS Zelda literally set up all of the dungeon puzzles and trials in the game though. how is that "not doing shit"
>>
>>252246465
sounds pretty dumb and unnecessary
>>
>>252246943
>newer meand always bettar xD
>>
>>252247248

Link needed to be tested so he could be worthy of using the triforce. that's literally been basic a part of the lore since Zelda 2.
>>
>>252246714
>some 5 kids say the game looks crappy from the reveal trailer. everyone agrees and when 2 years pass then it starts to gain appreciation.
That's selective hearing. You choose to focus on the bad opinions in the beginning and then the positive ones later, because you've fabricated this phenomenon in your head. I still see people shittalk Twilight Princess(myself being one of them) or any of the other Zelda games. Some people might come around, like with Wind Waker's graphics, but it's hardly a "hivemind".

There is no cycle. You're an idiot.
>>
File: 1344134362366.jpg (38 KB, 282x421) Image search: [Google]
1344134362366.jpg
38 KB, 282x421
>>252246910
>I stuck through this thread longer then anyone else
I'd like to know where you got this information
>so spouting objectively wrong information because you got sour at me
I don't see factually wrong information anywhere bud just recommended someone and said you probably wont even care to watch it. Which is an opinion of what I think of you.
>because I didn't feel like watching some guy with a cam with a big ego
Which just confirms you didn't even try to watch the video proving my opinion to be more correct than prior.
> yel shut at me.
I assume you mean "yell shit at me". And no one in the video yells I'm quite sad to say.

Thanks for your post. Feel free to try again on a day when you feel like making conversation or listening to other persons' side of the argument.
>>
>>252247248
the dungeons were pretty fun tho

>>252247321
>IT DIDN'D DO EVERYTHING THAT I LIKED IN MA OWLDR GAEM
>DAY DIDNT CHAENG THE GAEM ENUFF
>
>>
>>252247384
Please you're just making SS sound worse than I already thought it was. That's just retarded. I would get it if it was set up by the gods, but zelda? Nope that just makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>252247537
>dungeons were pretty fun
that's subjective. I thought SS had the worst in the series
>>
>>252247419
>you, you've and you
no that's THEM, the zelda cycle has existed since OOT
>majoras mask is too weird!
>ww is too kiddie!!
>TP is too GRIM N DARK
>SS is too empty and a bunch of other stuff because I haven't bothered to give it any run for it's money
>>
>>252247056
They weren't as responsive as I wanted them to be, making Girahim fights (and holy fuck why fucking THREE times) a pain in the ass. Like, Slade in Arkham Origins pain in the ass.

Flying was just boring. It felt slower than sailing.
>>
>>252246714
>overlook all of them.

Overlooking what exactly?
Fi pops up to much
you go back and forth through the same few levels with only minor variations
Theres only 4 or 5 major points in the sky, comparing it to windwaker it feels next to lifeless.

It has a lot of strong points like expanding the lore, lots of interesting items, fantastic music and cool looking environments but the bad points just relly jump out at me.
>>
>>252245282
The Zelda "cycle" exists, just not in the way a lot of people think it does. When a new game comes out, a lot of people like it, and a lot of people hate it. But the people who dislike it are a lot more vocal initially because its easier to hate a game than it is to support one because even great games have flaws. That or the game is missing elements that the vocal haters want or its going in a direction they don't want it to.
>>
>>252247676

did you even play the game? Zelda's former self WAS one of the gods. it makes perfect sense. stop criticizing games you've obviously never played.
>>
>>252240384
but both tp, and ss are shit. but albw is mostly considered decent
>>
>>252248038
it doest anymore they showed up new Zelda game for the WiiU and SS is still shit
>>
File: skyward sword.jpg (1 MB, 2519x2446) Image search: [Google]
skyward sword.jpg
1 MB, 2519x2446
>>
>>252240973
its not
>>
>>252247505
>I'd like to know where you got this information
You're asking me to prove how i'm behind all of the counter posts in the thread? jesus you're retarded.

>I don't see factually wrong information anywhere bud just recommended someone and said you probably wont even care to watch it. Which is an opinion of what I think of you.
you gave sass I give sass back

> yel shut at me.
alright that is a little embarrassing

also, no, I haven't bothered to look at the video still, no point in have a guy tell me something I've read 20 times since this thread. if I can't refute by putting my argument against his (aka commenting/replying) no point in just sitting through it.
>>
File: Fi.jpg (269 KB, 1008x403) Image search: [Google]
Fi.jpg
269 KB, 1008x403
>>
>>252248038

plus, those vocal people who claim to hate the game, actually like it deep down... otherwise they wouldn't talk about it so much. nobody spends that many hours of their life debating their opinion on a game they don't even care about.
>>
File: skyward sword.png (3 MB, 1168x1584) Image search: [Google]
skyward sword.png
3 MB, 1168x1584
>>252248272
>>
>>252247818
Yeah, again, different people with differing opinions. Why is that such a hard concept to understand, you fucking retard? Some people might change their opinions as time goes on and others do not, but it's not always due to some dumb made up hivemind effect.
>>
File: 5678.jpg (5 KB, 152x104) Image search: [Google]
5678.jpg
5 KB, 152x104
>>252247920
my wii motion plus worked fine, hence. that isn't a valid con against the game since it's your hardware issues

>>252247945
I agree about FI completely.
the backtracking shouldn't be a problem if they take you less then 5 minutes with basic memory of the dungeons layout
if you compare the sea and the sky without also adding the over world then you have an unfair advantage.
>>
>>252246387
Is that the same guy who picked apart Dark Souls 2? I have to watch this one when I have the time.
>>
>>252248568
>evoking classic Zelda

how dare you.
>>
>>252248561
Hating something and not caring about it are two different things. I hate Bethesda and Bioware games, but I do care about them to the point that I'll voice my opinion whenever some fag thinks it's OK to say any of either company's games are good. Not caring about a game would mean it was just sort of average or forgettable.
>>
File: 1314215331265.jpg (14 KB, 475x280) Image search: [Google]
1314215331265.jpg
14 KB, 475x280
>>252248568
>"what I got" contains no actual images from Shitword Shit
>>
File: 1340737141808.png (292 KB, 646x720) Image search: [Google]
1340737141808.png
292 KB, 646x720
>>252248346
>to prove how
We have technology spongebab. But no I seriously don't care but I'm curious as to how that was going to prove your point in the original post.
>you gave sass I give sass back
I didn't give sass; I told you that you mistakenly used objective instead of subjective. Okay maybe a little sass.
>no point in have a guy tell me something I've read 20 times
You can't assume you know everything already in a video, book, or game until finishing the content in it's entirety.
>>
>>252248652
Watch the Video at the top then if you don't believe us. It's a dude who has stuck with the series since it's birth and has seen everyone's opinions since then. if you still don't believe you have o be completely oblivious
>>
>>252248883
Yes. He also did DS1, and the link I provided is the last of his series of LoZ where he went through reviewing each one of the 3d games for like 40+ minutes.
>>
>>252249258
We're arguing about our arguments man let's just call it a draw bro
>>
>>252249154

since when was that a requirement
>>
>>252249282
I've seen the video and it's just some guy with a dumb haircut and a nasally voice whining about some shit he made up in his head. Just because he became a Zelda sperg at a young age doesn't lend any validity to his claim.

There are a lot of people on the internet. You're fucked in the head if you seriously think everyone's opinions are unanimously shifting like that.
>>
File: UristMcNofucks.jpg (86 KB, 600x586) Image search: [Google]
UristMcNofucks.jpg
86 KB, 600x586
>>252240116
>Those fucking jaggies when trying to play on an hdtv
>Fucking fi and her "MASSA I GOT INFORMATION FOR YOUS" every 5 goddamn minutes
>Cutscenes out the ass
It's the MGS4 of Zelda. I liked it, but it had a lot of flaws op.
>>
>>252249649
He has validity as much as a ww2 vet understands the bbattlefield. he has lived zelda

>There are a lot of people on the internet. You're fucked in the head if you seriously think everyone's opinions are unanimously shifting like that.
>>/reddit/
you done yet?
>>
My biggest problem with the game was how enemies would read your attacks. They would be open on the left, so you slash to hit them, and yet somehow they immediately changed stances to block you. Did not help that the controls weren't too accurate.

Also Fi's handholding just got worse and worse. I don't think I really need to explain this one.

Backtracking to the same 3 areas of the game kinda sucked.
>>
I gave up after being talked to the millionth time about shit I never cared about. Stopped right at the enterence of the second area, Lava World.

Started it again yesterday on my day off and have been playing pretty solidly. I just brought one of the goofy robots back to life and I'm looking for a propeller or something for a windmill.

Somethings are great. Somethings are terrible. I'm enjoying it alot more then when I first bought it and was shitting my pants.
>>
>>252249909
>ww2
>he has lived zelda
>DURF DURF REDDIT
Yeah, I'm done.
>>
File: baseZ1.png (788 KB, 781x1266) Image search: [Google]
baseZ1.png
788 KB, 781x1266
>>252248568
FIFY
>>
>>252249953
>They would be open on the left, so you slash to hit them, and yet somehow they immediately changed stances to block you.

Most people didn't figure this out, but this only happens when you telegraph your attacks. if an enemy changes its stance to block you, it means you made it obvious that you were going to swing in that direction. the key is to do "fake-out" attacks.
>>
>>252248760
the problem with the back tracking isnt how much time it consumes, as good as i thought the sections looked i would have rather seen more areas rather then deviations of the same ones.
>if you comprae the sea and the sky without also adding the over world then you have an unfair advantage.
Fair enough. I suppose my main gripe with the sky is that its sorta wasted potential. with the way it was layed out you could have had the traditional zelda overworld area(s) and something more a kin to the wind waker forumula and it ends up doing nether all that well.
>>
>>252247920
See this guy>>252249953
It was more than hardware
>>
>>252246387
That idiot was so wrong on so many parts of Dark Souls 2 that I don't trust anything he says.

Which is saying something considering Dark Souls 2 had a million things to criticize, and he manages to focus on a lot that are just plain him playing the game poorly or nitpicking parts that don't matter as much.
>>
>>252250224

yeah, once you figure out how to fake-out the enemies, it becomes ridiculously easy to take out regular enemies in seconds and even beat Ghirahim in under a minute
>>
>>252249953
Controls were fine for me man, really responsive.
I also find them more interactive then enemies that block, then attack. where you have 2 buttons attack and block. I prefer the more involved way of fighting in this game.

>>252250116
you only have to calibrate once and it's at start up. I don't get these people
>>
>>252250116
I never had to recalibrate and I always played at least 3 hours at a time.

You can press down on the dpad to recenter the cursor no matter where it was facing and it'd use that orientation as reference. It says this directly as an option on the simple HUD, mentions it in game, and is in the manual and in-game help menu I'm pretty sure.
>>
>liking shitty sword

how have never played any zelda game in your entire life
>>
I have no problem with story or characters, but the game takes so much time to characterise Zelda and Link relationship through mainly cutscenes and not gameplay.

Wiimotion controls are horrible. There were many times in SS where I swung my sword horizontal from the left and SS would register it as me swinging from the right. Constantly having to recalibrate motion controls got tedious. SS' sword controls should've been like that Zelda attraction in Nintendo Land.

I have no problem with trying to make a game more accessible to newcomers, but even your most causal of players are going to feel their intelligence being insulted with how excessive the hand-holding is in Skyward. e.g. Get a new item from a dungeon, the typical text box shows up to tell me how to use it, then Fii pops up to tell me about what was explained to me moments ago everytime.

Skyloft needed more places like Pumpkin Landing and Beedle's Island to add a sense you were exploring a world, instead of small rocks with easy to grab treasure and mini games that got boring to play after a few runs.

There's more, but in the end, SS lies somewhere between a mediocre to decent game.
>>
>no left-handed mode
>>
>>252251082
wrong the wiimote controlls are the only good thing in this shitty game
>>
>>252250224
How exactly do the fake-out attacks work? In my case I just played through the game mainly making sure if I was going to attack, I did it fast and most of my attacks wouldn't be blocked though sometimes they were. The most frustrating were the fucking deku babas, because even if I slashed along the line they were open on, they'd sometimes dodge and the window they're open for is so small.

Do you mean you have to fake like you're actually moving the sword toward them like a slash, or just move to the side they're blocking and immediately swing from the other side?
>>
>>252251000
I've played all of them except wand of gandalon (yes that's a joke)

if you have a grip fucking say it

>>252251082
me and a bunch of other anons agree that we haven't had a single issue with the Wiimote so all hardware problems you have had must have been your own hardware having bummed out on you, aka, you can't call that a gripe against the game.

Fi was annoying yes, but you can easily skip her dialog. it shows up but you can't be so extremely bothered by a talking figurehead every time.
>>
>The Wiimote for the sword is tight and has no issues whatsoever.
I thought it was okay for swordfighting, but stupid everywhere else. You have to goddamned use it for swimming, you use it for the beetle, so much of that is 100% unnecessary.
Except she was as useless here as she was in any other game. Spirit Tracks handled Zelda so much better
>Greatest OST in vidya
With a single memorable song. Every other game still has fucking dubstep remixes 15 years later after they're made, they're that good. Everything in SS was atmospheric and forgettable except for the one good song or so, and that one was just another good song backwards.
>Perfect mix between WW and TP "style" by mixing the two and working it into a colourful watercolour montage, every screenshot can be made into a wallpaper, in good taste.
Sadly, on the Wii .
>everyone is memorable like fucking fench the lovable beta, Groose the Caboose, Zelda's papa who the Bro-Mentor
Fi the annoying cunt that wouldn't let you forget her.
>>
>>252251546
>Fi was annoying yes, but you can easily skip her dialog.

no you cant because of the fucking slow text
>>
>>252251546
> but you can easily skip her dialog.
No, you can't, considering unskippable cutscenes and slow moving dialog to try to "match up" with the voice.
>but you can't be so extremely bothered by a talking figurehead every time.
People have been doing such ever since Ocarina of Time with the owl. Why is it a bad thing that I hate how Fi shows up even more than him since she's a permanent companion?
>>
>>252242720
you put a lot of effort but not much thought
>>
>>252250820
Mine would do that like every hour. I dunno maybe my Wii wasn't as good or the angle was somehow poor but it would work perfect for awhile and then stop. Just frustrating
>>
>>252251494

if you swing your wiimote like a real sword, aka start from the left and swing right, the enemies will know you're going to swing right. if, instead, you position your wiimote to the right, and swing further to the right, you'll trick the enemy into thinking you were going to swing left.

with Ghirahim it's a bit different, because he blocks horizontal and vertical from both sides. but you can trick him by making the movement to start a vertical swing and then do a horizontal or diagonal swing instead.
>>
>>252251919
Wiimote enjoyabiluty is subjective. I very much like it. since using an analog stick just gets clunky

if you are lost about zelda, read the god damn thread and see how you are wrong. we aren't spoonfeeding you

>Every other game still has fucking dubstep remixes 15 years later after they're made,
>implying that they aren't cancer
>implying dubstep by hipsters doesn't equal complete fucking trash

elaborate what you mean ion the wii, quit trying to give backhand compliments to the game and outright just say the issues.

>>252251929
>>252252141
Do you not understand holding the A button makes text move faster? that is basic zelda/nintendo logic
>>
File: ghirahim6.gif (3 MB, 211x178) Image search: [Google]
ghirahim6.gif
3 MB, 211x178
Combat felt the most satisfying in the series to me. Attacks felt like they were deliberate and involved, and it was really empowering to get a precise hit on an enemy that's not blocked and be allowed to go nuts with a flurry of atacks before they recover.

And the more advanced enemies dodging was really stylish looking too. It just made a lot of enemy fights look and feel really cool, like they're somewhat competent. Ghirahim fights are some of the coolest in the series, because the actions he'll be doing make it actually feel like he's a powerful opponent.
>>
I liked SS a lot, but it did have plenty of problems. For me the biggest ones were

>only seven dungeons, two of which are fire-themed and might as well be the same one, the final of which is a short as fuck sliding puzzle
>dragon trials were complete filler, should have been three more dungeons instead
>empty, disconnected overworld
>too much handholding
>three Imprisoned fights
>Demise went down too easily

Again, still liked the game, and it did have elements which I think should become staples of the series, like upgrades, and the stamina system.
>>
>>252252715
its not making it go faster in SS
>>
>>252252461

that could've been bluetooth interference from a phone or something
>>
File: 1398127320168.png (15 KB, 111x75) Image search: [Google]
1398127320168.png
15 KB, 111x75
>>252252908
Yes it fucking does! are you brain dead?
>>
>>252240116
It has horrible draw distance with blurry ugly 'paint' style graphics, music is subjective and therefore not the greatest, gameplay was padded as fuck with too much backtracking and dowsing was boring, Fi was the most handholding cunt imaginable, and the wiimote swordplay was terribly basic even if it did work well.
That pretty much sums it up oh also
>Op is a faggot
>>
>>252251919

I loved controlling the Beetle, I agree about swimming. The Beetle in general was great, there was plenty of cool shit you could do with it and also made for a handy scout.

TP and SS both had some amazing items. They just need to stop having the slingshot because it's fucking worthless.
>>
>>252252886

>only seven dungeons, two of which are fire-themed and might as well be the same one, the final of which is a short as fuck sliding puzzle
this is alleviated by the fact that all of the ground overworld areas were minidungeons themselves, and had dungeon puzzles the first time you go through them.

>>dragon trials were complete filler, should have been three more dungeons instead
agreed, except the thunder dragon part was basically a minidungeon so that was okay.

>empty, disconnected overworld
I thought the ground overworld parts were much more well made than most other 3D Zeldas
>>
>>252251443
Sure, if they were implemented to where it worked 100% of the time.

>>252251546
>hardware problems you have had must have been your own hardware having bummed out on you

I've played on 2 different disks on 4 different Wiis with various different Wiimotes and I've had the same problem. Friends who also play the game have told me they had the same problem. And by "recalibrate" I mean constantly have to centre my cursor when I used the beetle, bow n' arrows, dowsing, etc.

>Fi was annoying yes, but you can easily skip her dialog.
I would of disregard Fi if I could of skip her dialogue. Hell, even turn her off completely.

>it shows up but you can't be so extremely bothered by a talking figurehead every time.
When I have no option to skip, it hampers on my enjoyment when all I want to do is play the damn game without someone stopping the flow of the game and telling me what I already know.
>>
>>252248503

Image is retarded

Who expects a childlike character from one who is fully fucking grown
>>
>>252240476
No it wasn't...Plenty of better OST's last gen
>>
>>252253540
>And by "recalibrate" I mean constantly have to centre my cursor when I used the beetle, bow n' arrows, dowsing, etc.

this is a problem how? it's essentially the same thing as pressing Z to put the camera behind you in OoT
>>
>>252253018
Huh. Maybe. And maybe i'll get back to a proper playthrough one of these days.
>>
File: loz.jpg (583 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
loz.jpg
583 KB, 1280x1024
since we all seem to be taking a shit on zelda games right now, how about bringing up the edition that deserves the most shitting on?
>>
I would probably love SS if it were in HD and used a regular fucking controller. I'm sure the game at least looks okay on a cathode ray tube, but on an HD TV the game looks fucking awful no matter what. I really like the art style of the game, but motion controls are a fucking cancer.
>>
>>252240116
Linear, Three Imprisoned Battles, Last boss is a joke that can be beaten in a few seconds.
>>
>>252253364
>It has horrible draw distance with blurry ugly 'paint' style graphics,
It's fucking gorgeous what are you talking about? but then again "subjective taste"
Jesus christ I've stated everything in my counter posts not 12 posts above yours, go give them a read

>>252253540
So recalibrating seems to follow you around eh? I've played it on 2 wii's with 2 controlers. one being half broke and the motion plus being on discount and there hasn't been a single problem. it could have been your blue tooth like an anon has said earlier.

> And by "recalibrate" I mean constantly have to centre my cursor when I used the beetle, bow n' arrows, dowsing, etc.
aer you really serious right now? you fucking retard you just have to press down on a button and point at a scree. that shouldn't even bother your type 3 autism for a second. fuck you for making me explain what basic focus is.
>>
>>252253925
that was good though anon.

also I made this thread to disprove all of these shitty excuses to hate on this amazing game.
>>
>>252254215
>shitty excuses
>many people independently sharing the same unanimous unpleasant experience
okay, anon
>>
Skyward sword probably has some of the most stuff to do in any Zelda game unfortunately, its really drab because its forced on the player. None of it is optional or exciting as a sidequest.

Fi is annoying because not only does she hand hold, but she does it excessively. To the point where she stops to tell you how to open a treasure chest after like 2 hours into the game and you've come across them before. Its excessive.

Motion controls, while not as bad as everyone claims are still poor. They work about 95% of the time (being generous here) but its still just more efficient to use a button, and that never doesn't work.

Flying is boring because 97% of the islands are literally nothing. Not only that but you HAVE to point and motion with the wii mote which your wrist if you have to keep angling downward. There is no reason to not use the analog stick for this part.

Its impossible to do multiple playthroughs because it takes over an hour before you actually get going and half of that is just watching cutscenes.

Those are my problems with Skyward Sword, other than that its a fine game
>>
>>252253241
just a little and not as fast as in other zelda games

play other games fagget
>>
>>252240116
Listen dude, I do like SS but it has glaring flaws, specially on how the world it's designed, it's almost empty and there's no much to do, there's one town in the game and the sidequests are limited to almost fetch quests only.

There's also a lack of optional content present in other Zeldas.

SS does have neat ideas like a more polish idea on having to figure out how to defeat normal enemies, people would argue that it's slow, but not everything has to be flashy. SS almost empty world is my main complain with the game.

Is a solid 8/10, and having only one town could have been worked if the world gave you a bigger feel of exploring a brave new world with some remains of an ancient civilization.

Compare the visual design of the world with for example, Ys Celceta, where the game actually gives you an amazing feeling of adventure
>>
>>252253970
hhave you even played it? it works so god damn well I'm surprised it can ever be an issue to anyone. really. swordfighting is actually involving and not just "attack, block (maybe) then attack" and that includes everything involving the wiimote

>>252254345
yeah, all unanimously wrong. such as the sky being empty, characters being forgettable, wiimotion being bad. or would you actually like to support these argument?
>>
>>252254486
I've been listening this entire thread of poor excuses to drop a wonderful game.
>t's almost empty and there's no much to do,
you haven't even flown around or explored the sky have you anon. the multiple quests it has is incredibly overlooked. that and you have to take into account the overworld areas. not divide and call either one a world. you are basically cutting hyrule in half buy doing so
>>
>>252254486

I disagree with your criticism on how the world is designed. you're looking at it from an "epic grand adventure" perspective. But I looked at the overworld areas as being like minidungeons, and enjoyed it quite a lot more than TP's or OoT's overworld
>>
>>252253925

In my opinion TP is the best 3D Zelda, but here goes.

>most wolf sections are repetitive filler
>wolf is useless outside of those sections except for a couple parts in two dungeons
>wolf never gets any new abilities after that first Midna move
>combat is way too easy (though not as much as Wind Waker)
>plot is stuck between being unique and pandering to OoT nostalgia (same as Wind Waker)
>slingshot is useless after getting the boomerang and bow
>all those three-hit rule bosses

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
<---- This is OP with his delusion of Skyward Sword being a good game
>>
File: 1393192326414.jpg (145 KB, 659x605) Image search: [Google]
1393192326414.jpg
145 KB, 659x605
>>252255198
prove me wrong then bitch
>>
>>252255309
I already did here:
>>252254384
>>
>>252242823
Not addressing any of your points but I liked the zeldaopinions picture. People go on and on about how bad SS is and while it does have a lot wrong with it, its high points are pretty great. Where as TP didn't have nearly as many problems, it also didn't have many exceptional good parts. It felt mediocre through and through to me while being fairly well polished.
>>
>>252255083
TP would've been a lot better if the whole game were more like the second half after the master sword.
>>
>>252254901
>>252254857
Oh no, making the world a dungeon by itself is a great idea, it feels like the devs nailed how you should approach the world in a 3D Zelda, as I said, there's nothing wrong with having a slower paced game than ALTTP.

I truly don't understand why a more methotical gameplay is bad, and I always feel that those kind of complaints are from guys with a lower attention spawn than my 8 year old sister.

What I say is that the sidequests, an important part about making the world richer, lacks diversity, that is what gave me the feel of a more emptier world.

I do like SS, it has really strong points, but that flaw is what stops me from loving the game.

>>252254384
Hi Matt, How are ya doing. I saw your Ghost Trick video, it was nice
>>
>>252254585
Yes I have played it, and cannot fucking stand the motion control. Any game that has wagglin' controls as it's only means of control is instant garbage to me.
>>
>>252255619
>>252255619
No it woulda been a lot better if they didn't completely destroy Zant
>>
The final reward for getting all those crystals is a bigger fucking rupee wallet. When the player is 99% likely to have bought everything possible already and be stacked with cash. I'd even prefer TP's useless clunky magic armor to that.
>>
i bet when the next zelda game comes out, people will hate it and love SS
>>
>>252254112
>one being half broke and the motion plus being on discount and there hasn't been a single problem. it could have been your blue tooth like an anon has said earlier.
Considering the fact that most of the Wiimote Pluses that I used were bought new along with the game (the wiimote that came with Skyward), I don't think so.

>you fucking retard you just have to press down on a button and point at a scree. that shouldn't even bother your type 3 autism for a second.
Calm down, son.

It's not that big of a problem as you think I'm making it out to be, but it's a minor problem when I'm solving the typical puzzle of "shoot X thing to open door." I'm vaguely remembering some moving platforms in one part in the lava dungeon where I had to hit shit and controls kept screwing me up.

Sword play for the most part was ok, but I would of loved it if the controls in SS were as precise as that Zelda game in Nintendo Land.
>>
>>252255083
It also tries too hard to be dark in some places and fails horribly
>>
>>252255827

I already like SS and I'm not hype one bit for Zelda U

feel free to call me a cycle fag, I've liked Skyward since release
>>
>>252253925
>that feel when I fucking love Twilight Princess

I don't love it as much as I love Wind Waker/Majoras Mask, or Ocarina, but damn it was fantastic, honestly if they replaced the Wolf sections with some Twili Link puzzle shit + unique twilight 1v1 duels to "liberate" the sections from twilight it would have been perfect
>>
>>252255381
You upset I didn't counter argue you even though you have said nothing truly wrong wit the game?

I'm fighting the stereo types and blatantly wrong issues with the game. not avoiding all criticisms

jesus you must be 13 if you are so bothered by a lack of attention.
>>
>>252255696
You mean do what Skyward Sword did with Ghirahim?
>>
>>252255669

well I mean, sidequests are great but I don't consider them an essential thing that can make or break the game. Zelda 1 doesn't even have sidequests at all and it's still very fun.

If anything, I see the fetch quests in SS as being reminiscent of LA's trading quests where you had to go back and forth giving x item to a certain npc to obtain the next item
>>
>>252255693
>didn't play it
ok buster brown
>>
>>252240116
I completely agree with you. I just avoid the threads with SS hate because opinions, but seriously it has the best story of any Zelda, best character development, and all of the supposed flaws people cite are vastly exaggerated.
>>
>>252254585
>sky being empty
there were about 100 floating islands and 97 of them were just treasure boxes
>wii motion being bad
but it was
>Fi constantly telling you exactly where to go at all times and having the sword detector always telling you exactly where to go eliminating any sort of independent exploration
>linear boss battles being defeated with the item you received right before entering the room
>numerous fetch quests filled with backtracking boring areas
character development was great and i was fairly interested in the plot but i do not remember having fun playing it
>
>>
This felt more like a mario game than a zelda game in terms of areas/levels, which was sickeningly disappointing.
>>
>>252256170
Yeah, but the thing is, if you are going to add more sidequests, give them more diversity
>>
>>252241529
>I would take the sky over the ww sea anyday no offence to the ww fans

Are you fucking serious?

The Great Sea had a plethora of things to find, including hidden grottos with small puzzles, extra bottles, pieces of heart, fairy upgrades, Goron traders, Korok sprouts, submarines/platforms, and a metric fucking ton of other sidequests on Windfall.

In comparison, The Sky had some sidequests, a few minigames, and some Goddess Chests to open on islands that didn't even have one simple puzzle. It wasn't entirely barren on the whole, and could've been far worse, but it contained nowhere near WW's level of content.
>>
>>252255872
I'm bothered because I had thought I had to explain to you it isn't a hardware issue at all. and it wasn't even calibrations you are talking about. it's just centring the cursor. you mentioned it as a huge problem to you and it bugged me yes.

>>252255879
everything fit perfectly in my head. hyrule is under deon control. how can it fail at being dark? explain that shit anon.
>>
>>252256047

Not that guy but while Zant started as a seemingly independent agent and became a tool, Ghirahim always made it clear that he was a tool and there was someone bigger behind it all (which was further stressed by the Imprisoned fights).

Ghirahim never had a sudden/drastic personality shift, he was pretty consistent for the whole game.
>>
>>252255083
>brown and bloom "realistic" grafics, but horribly deformed cartoon people
Remember duckface girl and baby-samurai shopkeeper?
>>
>>252256473
Remember that cutscene where Link has eyes like he were in Evil Dead 2? those are the moments where the games fails miserably at being dark because it tries too hard. The execution of Ganon is also another one.

And there's also the thing that even when a giant force field covers Hyrule Castle, no one gives a single fuck
>>
>>252256283
please elaborate for Christ's sake

>>252256382
you're comparing the sea and all of their islands to the sky and none of the games overworld below. again I've said that that is an unfair advantage in an argument. sorry If I wasn't clear
>>
>>252256697
>And there's also the thing that even when a giant force field covers Hyrule Castle, no one gives a single fuck
because no one could fucking see it, were you not listening to zelda? they didn't even know they were under attack. they just stayed in their basements.

also that was meant to look creepy. if you think
>wow they aren't being unironic
then you need to take a step back realize that you may be desensitized to creepy things in comparison to the target audience
>>
>>252255879

While it's not the same "dark" as Majora's Mask (and shouldn't have been), I actually liked TP's bizarre moments and I thought there should have been a lot more of them. Like I said, it was stuck between being a unique game and pandering to OoT nostalgia.
>>
>>252256809
>elaborate

Previous zelda worlds felt organic, lots of different areas held together by an overworld. It made me believe that it was a unified whole. SS felt more like "select the forest/volcano/dessert stage"

Im curious OP, do you legitimately like SS as much as you do or are you taking all of us on a ruse cruise? If you are really serious, then just accept that people like some things more than others. There is no objectivity where preferring which version of "blank" is concerned.
>>
File: 1334628289832.jpg (3 KB, 105x126) Image search: [Google]
1334628289832.jpg
3 KB, 105x126
>>252257096
>then you need to take a step back realize that you may be desensitized to creepy things in comparison to the target audience
Now that I think about it, that's a pretty good point
>>
>>252256809

>you're comparing the sea and all of their islands to the sky and none of the games overworld below

this is my biggest problem with SS hate posts. every single one does this thing where they pretend the sky is the entire game and the ground overworld areas don't exist. it's obvious they're not even trying to be geniune with their criticism.
>>
File: gary.png (138 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
gary.png
138 KB, 500x375
Just wait for Zelda Wii U.

>This is game is even worse than Skyward Sword
>Actually Skyward Sword was pretty good looking back at it now
>>
>>252257705
I can't see that happening but then again SS made TP look good by comparison.
>>
File: whats wrong with you.gif (195 KB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
whats wrong with you.gif
195 KB, 300x167
I always enjoyed SS and never had a problem with the motion controls.
>>
>>252256172
You can fuck yourself. I DID play the fucking game past the bird competition and got the sword under the statue.

I don't just oppose motion controls because 'I don't like them'. I have many factors that keep me from them. Small house so not much room for wagglin' and swinging, and I have a neurodegenerative disorder which causes a CONSTANT tremor in my hands, making precision fucking impossible for me, thus making games with motion controls instant garbage for me. Again fuck yourself. My complaints with the game are legitimate.
>>
File: 1298161141377.jpg (80 KB, 599x475) Image search: [Google]
1298161141377.jpg
80 KB, 599x475
>>252243905
>there is a clown that you have to meet that tells you to find his wheel. he's like golem or something. anyway he basically becomes the star land from TP with a bunch of platformer games.
Where the fuck is that?
>>
>>252257705

Nintendo know what to do. When you run out of ideas for a series, turn it over to team ninja so they ruin it and take the blame for ruining a great series.
>>
File: 1400985029565.png (13 KB, 233x243) Image search: [Google]
1400985029565.png
13 KB, 233x243
>>252257223
>Previous zelda worlds felt organic, lots of different areas held together by an overworld. It made me believe that it was a unified whole. SS felt more like "select the forest/volcano/dessert stage"

that was the point, if you just get infuriated by th sound of that then I can't help you

>Im curious OP, do you legitimately like SS as much as you do or are you taking all of us on a ruse cruise? If you are really serious, then just accept that people like some things more than others. There is no objectivity where preferring which version of "blank" is concerned.
how about read the thread and see and feel the misguided attempts at attacking a wonderful game by bringing up experiences that weren't even their own. I've seen the same arguments
sky = empty etc etc
Wii motion controls were messed up by bluetooth or just confusion at learning something new for the enjoyment.
Ive had to repeat myself 100 times. I fucking love this game so much I stuck with it to change the mind of maybe 5 people. I'm fucking anally raveged at how it gets so much hate by the retarded lies people made.
>>
File: reggie_i_dunno.jpg (28 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
reggie_i_dunno.jpg
28 KB, 500x333
>>252257991
I guess your body wasn't ready
>>
>>252256473
A lot of my points about the controls would be null n' void if SS had the option to switch the controls to a traditional controller. The overt implantation of motion controls in SS is what mainly killed the game for me. Since the preciseness of the motion controls were obviously not fine tuned. Swimming, flying the big red bird, and among other things were sort of a hassle.
>>
>>252257705

I liked Skyward Sword, but the only way I could see it being worse is if it somehow has less content, but that would be pretty silly when they've been stressing how non-linear it's going to be.
>>
>>252258107
So you're just an insufferable faggot. Thanks for clearing things up.
>>
>>252240116
After Zelda U is released Skyward Sword will be praised for its overly formulaic game design and heavily curated experience.

Zelda U will be the first game to break the Zelda Cycle, everyone will love it on release, everyone who plays it at least.
>>
Motion controls were a fucking terrible addition. They had to make it something that wasn't just tacked on for no reason, so half the fucking enemies in the game are killed by attacking in a specific direction. It didn't add anything to the experience and really limited the more "puzzleish" enemies.
>>
>>252257867
Nobody should. they work just fine.

>>252258000
like..south east or some shit. you have to fly someways tho

>>252258145
I really don't want to say git gud, so I won't. but you just need practice. I mean that

I failed the first test like 5 times and I stuck with it. now you just learn as you go and you're done.
>>
>>252252780
I legit think the Girahim fights are among the best in 3D Zelda games.
He really felt like a proper match to links abilities, much like shadow link in OoT Water Temple.
>>
>>252258107
>I'm fucking anally raveged at how it gets so much hate by the retarded lies people made.
Chill out bro, I do like the game too, but I can see it's flaws, and how fucking stupid most of the complaints are.

I would be dissapointed if the don't expand on the idea of making the overworld a puzzle on itself, and having to figure out how to kill every enemie, that's nice.

But why the fuck you don't have the ability of admiting that the game has flaws
>>
File: 1377832675249.png (396 KB, 409x593) Image search: [Google]
1377832675249.png
396 KB, 409x593
>>252258429
zelda cycle

They don't want to admit that its true, but it is. after a good 6 months of Zelda U everyone will be talking about how Zelda U is shit and SS is better
>>
File: 1396650718245.png (49 KB, 280x278) Image search: [Google]
1396650718245.png
49 KB, 280x278
>>252258387
please, tell me where I upset you

>>252258532
nah, sorry. I just vented a little. I've been doing this for half an hour. anyway yeah I see the flaws but I overlook them with ease because of how much fun this game brings.

sorry for the rage there that was stupid.
>>
I didn't like fighting that purple pineapple monster 3 times and the squid monster just looked stupid. I can picture that thing in Monsters Inc. it's terrible. The Koloktos fight was great though.
>>
>>252258715
more like 2 years. It's been expanding.

take SS for example
>>
File: 1325136722103.jpg (14 KB, 260x190) Image search: [Google]
1325136722103.jpg
14 KB, 260x190
>>252257991
>My complaints with the game are legitimate.
Not everyone has Parkinson bro
>>
>>252258715
It's almost like Zelda games are getting progressively worse and people don't find the last one as awful because they've been shown how shitty it can be. It's not a "Zelda Cycle," it's Nintendo trying to produce what they had in OoT and failing.
>>
>>252252780
This is the most retarded looking shit I've ever seen.
>>
File: New_Picture_12.png (293 KB, 745x590) Image search: [Google]
New_Picture_12.png
293 KB, 745x590
>>252253630
It's based on the first image of Fi which was just a character with a strong resemblance to the Queen of Fairies from WW. Remember she's a queen despite appearing as a child, magic explains the appearance as do all inconsistencies.
But the point being is there was some belief that Fi was related or a version or is the Queen of Fairies. QoF has a child like personality, no one looking forward to Fi being some sort of emotionless android that represents the soul of the Master Sword. Her nimble movements would suggest she could have been a more cheerful and playful character, ironically that's more of how Ghirahim acts who is also a fucking sword.
Fi just helped make the game even more boring than it already is.

Off note, another thing about Ghirahim is that his third boss fight he turns into a similar shiny appearance that Fi is always shown as,makes me wonder if Fi could take on a more livelier appearance.
>>
>>252243152
If hand holding made a game unplayable Arhkam games would be hated, but they aren't because it's only an annoyance not a major issue
>>
My niece got the WW bundled Wii U for Christmas. She beat that shit three times over and was obsessed with it. So I played her a trailer of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword and asked which one she thought looked cooler. She picked Skyward Sword. I went out and bought it for her for her birthday. Turns out her regular Wii controller didn't work for shit, so we went out and bought the Wii Mote plus. Much better, apparently. She loves Skyward Sword as much as she loved Wind Waker. That gives it a pass in my book.

The last Zelda I really played and liked was Majora's Mask.

I've never played Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword but really want to try them both.

Wind Waker is so fucking boring it hurts.
>>
People need to stop treating the Zelda Cycle as some fucking self-fulfilling prophecy and start understanding that it's based around the concept of giving things a second chance.
>>
>>252258441
That's stupid. Did you complain when Zelda games added a spin attack? Or when 3D Zelda games had multiple sword moves, guarding assigned to a button, and movement options such as backflipping? It just extends combat in terrible ways because you have to do something to beat it.

I mean it's just all such a terrible addition, why not just press a button like in the best Zelda game, The Legend of Zelda?
>>
>>252243152
I really liked SS, it was a lot of fun
>>
>>252240968
>backtracking

Agree with rest of post, but how is this any different to other Zelda's?
>>
>>252258925
Exactly how does that make my complaints less valid? I'm not saying every game needs to be made with people like me in mind, but it certainly would have been nice to have the OPTION of traditional control methods. Reading through the thread I see people without neurological conditions or other physical problems that had problems with the motion controls.
>>
File: 1382141001422.gif (266 KB, 478x369) Image search: [Google]
1382141001422.gif
266 KB, 478x369
>>252259183
>Fi was made by the goddess to aid the chosen one throughout his journey,
>rushed somewhat and has some inefficient hardware

>Ghirahim was made by a dark god that was locked for an unknown amount of time
>has emotion a body and commands respect among monsters
>can detect the presence of objects and people far more effectively then FI
>so powerful he could have easily killed link anytime he wished
so He was a more advanced model compared to fi due to time restraints
>>
>>252259479
You can emulate both TP and SS. Do the NGC version of TP if you do.

>>252259603
I can't believe you're so stupid that you can misunderstand what I wrote that much. More options is always better, but instead of more options, they relegated just about every enemy to "attack in the orientation that they're not guarding/are vulnerable in."

If the motion controls were just how you attack, and they didn't base all the fucking enemies in the game on direction, it would have been fine.
>>
>>252259771

there is no difference. the only reason people complain about it in SS is because the fragmented worlds made the backtracking seem more obvious, even though it's roughly the same amount of backtracking as most other Zeldas.
>>
His fucking face, I mean jesus christ im gay and i hate his stupid face in skyward sword so much.
>>
>>252259989

>Your magic sword was made with the same dedication and care as an elementary school science fair project
>>
File: 1385502547171.jpg (114 KB, 756x694) Image search: [Google]
1385502547171.jpg
114 KB, 756x694
>>252260234
He looks like a cutie pie version of TP link
>>
>>252240384
i swear i heard the guy say toilet princess. top lel.
>>
>>252260234

>im gay

opinion discarded

SS Link is the Link that matters most in the entire series
>>
>>252260234
I think they made his lips too big. His eyes are too far apart too. FAS baby for sure.
>>
>>252260234
It did sorta set me off at first, but I got used to it quickly.
>>
>>252258521

>shadow link

lol. you mean dark link?
>>
I wouldn't call it a bad game, but I didn't like its pacing. Most Zelda games jump back and forth between periods where you're exploring at a relaxing pace and talking to NPCs (the overworld) and periods where you're traversing mazes, puzzle solving, and fighting a shit ton of enemies (the dungeons).

In Skyward Sword, every area below the clouds felt like a dungeon, and you spent 90% of your time there.
>>
>>252260008
Directional attacks give more control to combat. Enemies blocking or dodging results in enemies being more threatening in combat instead of just a button mash segment or "press A to win".

Fights are way more engaging without even being drawn out or complicated, and it's even incredibly intuitive and less repetitive.
>>
File: 45797638.jpg (153 KB, 542x530) Image search: [Google]
45797638.jpg
153 KB, 542x530
>>252260368
more like
>OHH FUCK I GOTTA TELL THEM TO MAKE LIKE 124 DUNGEONS BEFORE I HIBERNATE IN A LITTLE GIRL AND NOW I GOTTA MAKE SOME PUZZLES AS WELL
>AW FUCK I FORGOT THE SWORD
>HERE, MAC WITH SIRI CAN WORK JUST GO

meanwhile in dominions lcozy as fuck prison
>haha bitch can't get linux
>fuck it I'll make him metro just to fuck with her
>actually just to make him my loyal prison bitch

So you see, the goddess had to make everything while dominion just spent all his eggs in the bad ass sword basket.
>>
>>252252780
>Do X attack on enemy
>He does a scripted anime dodge and counter sequence
>"Good combat"
>>
>shitty controls
>shitty camera
>even more backtracking
>shitty graphics
>muh artstyle
>shitty puzzles
>boring story

it surpassed Majoras Mask as the shittiest Zelda game
>>
>>252258715
No, Zelda U will be good. It will break the cycle. We will purge this cancer.
>>
>>252260782

SS's slow combat way too easy. I only wish they could've taken this directional combat idea and merged it with TP's style of combat which was actually more fast-paced and had actual maneuvering involved. that would've been amazing.
>>
It's the legend of hallway skyward stairs
>>
File: smile_and_optimism_gone1.jpg (33 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
smile_and_optimism_gone1.jpg
33 KB, 848x900
>>252261026
>you will never hibernate in a little girl
>>
>>252260782
>less repetitive.

It's literally the exact same thing every time.

>wait for enemy to show you which direction to attack
>attack

>enemies being more threatening in combat instead of just a button mash segment or "press A to win".

I don't know what games you've been playing, but they weren't more threatening, if anything they were less threatening. They had fucking eons between attacks so you would have time to figure out which way to swing.

Very few enemies in previous games were "button mashing" to win. If they were, they were low leveled shit that wasn't a bother at all.

>complicated

So your idea of an "engaging" enemy is one that is simple as fuck, but because you can control which direction to swing with your wrist, it's suddenly better?
>>
File: 1296180894523.png (333 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1296180894523.png
333 KB, 500x375
>>252261058
read the thread and understand how unbelievably wrong you are

>shitty controls
actually the tightest
>shitty camera
the exact same as every other one
>even more backtracking
was done well, sorry your attention span ruins that for you
>shitty graphics
they were actually the best
>muh artstyle
subjective so I'll let you ruse me some more
>shitty puzzles
the best puzzles in the series. logical and formulated to flow better then OOT ever did
>boring story
sorry you can't enjoy it
>>
>>252260415

There's more gayboys on 4chan than you realize.
>>
>>252261438
>being so upset that your favorite Zelda game is shit that you respond to obvious bait
>>
Can we just agree that all the 3D Zeldas are actually terrible and we all like them not because they're good but because we want to like them?
>>
So what about Zelda makes it the most divisive series out there?
>>
File: opinion discarded.gif (376 KB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
opinion discarded.gif
376 KB, 294x233
>>252261438
The last guy was clearly just baiting but this is the most wrong I've seen in a post all week
>>
File: 1397508663713.jpg (86 KB, 960x622) Image search: [Google]
1397508663713.jpg
86 KB, 960x622
>>252261438
>"counteracting" baseless opinions with more baseless opinions
>>
File: 1337287226587.png (243 KB, 667x768) Image search: [Google]
1337287226587.png
243 KB, 667x768
>>252261438
>YOUR OPINIONS ARE WRONG, CHEK MY OPINIONS AND YOU'LL SEE
>>
File: 1397333077659.png (100 KB, 472x340) Image search: [Google]
1397333077659.png
100 KB, 472x340
>>252261323
the combat offered a more interactive experience then what you think you are getting. it's better then lock on and atatck with no forethought put in. realize that you only need to shield then attack in any intense combat for any zelda game besides SS

>>252261580
you offered criticism and I responded, or have you not understood the purpose of this thread?
It takes no effort t respond to you and your shitty attempts at derailing a discussion.

>>252261659
prove me wrong and prove him right.
>>
>>252261026

>OHH FUCK I GOTTA TELL THEM TO MAKE LIKE 124 DUNGEONS BEFORE I HIBERNATE IN A LITTLE GIRL AND NOW I GOTTA MAKE SOME PUZZLES AS WELL
>AW FUCK I FORGOT THE SWORD
>HERE, MAC WITH SIRI CAN WORK JUST GO

Yeah, exactly. It's like your mom making your science fair project at 3am.
>>
>>252261916
>you offered criticism and I responded, or have you not understood the purpose of this thread?
>It takes no effort t respond to you and your shitty attempts at derailing a discussion.

No, I didn't. I pointed out how retarded you are for responding to that shit. Quit being retarded.
>>
File: link stare2.png (124 KB, 470x267) Image search: [Google]
link stare2.png
124 KB, 470x267
>>252261638
It's not

>>252261585
But I do like them all, I just like some more than others
>>
File: Hi anon~.png (294 KB, 1500x1350) Image search: [Google]
Hi anon~.png
294 KB, 1500x1350
>>252262014
well alright then

>>252262052
Hi anon, I like your opinions
>>
>>252240116
>N64-era zone design of blocky box canyons complete with collectathons
>redoing each zone like 3 times
>redoing demise 3 times
>you cut demise's fucking toenails
>no overworld
>no hideyholes and secrets
>this kills the exploration
>TWO fire temples. Hint: one is too many
>no proper end dungeon, just a mashup of re-used assets
>Zelda is underutilized compared to Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks, she's shoved into a crystal and wasted
>Fi is inferior to Midna in every way
>Half-baked musical harp segments that suggest they didn't have time to actually implement the instrument

It's a mess. Are you just at the start? The first couple hours is the best and it all goes downhill from there.
>>
>>252261916
>realize that you only need to shield then attack in any intense combat for any zelda game besides SS

And in SS you stand still for five seconds until the enemy sticks their sword up horizontally. Then you get to attack and wait another five seconds. The combat in Zelda games is not deep.

>more interactive experience then what you think you are getting

If you count more interactive as swinging your hand instead of pressing a button, sure. But I don't care about that, I care about them making enemies all trash so you have en excuse to use motion controls. How "interactive" you found that shit is irrelevant.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 97

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.