[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As we know, Bloodborne is a great, enjoyable game, but lets talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: YbLzwXpCqqdbSgi-800x450-noPad.jpg (105 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
YbLzwXpCqqdbSgi-800x450-noPad.jpg
105 KB, 800x450
As we know, Bloodborne is a great, enjoyable game, but lets talk about the issues and what could have been better.

>level design is very linear, a lot of backtracking
>variety of weapons is poor
>you cant warp from one lamp to another, you have to go to the nexus first then go to the place you want
>variety of armor is poor
>still has poor design choices when it comes to things like "get killed and you go there"
>>
I thought the level design was decent. It's not so much backtracking as the paths loop back around to themselves and make shortcuts. I agree with the warping and dying points.
>>
I just started, first souls game ever.
Im at Vicar Amelia right now, about to try my second run at her. I'm enjoying it so far.

How's the pvp? Havent tried it yet but I feel like its going to be a clusterfuck with all the dashing
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20150327133817.jpg (295 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20150327133817.jpg
295 KB, 1920x1080
I have to say now that I sold my copy to re-buy the goty edition on day one its officially my favorite game

However I think the game would be better with these things in it

>More classical plated styled armors, more variety in general to the looks of the sets
>Being able to proceed through the game closer to how you choose a level from the nexus, not this mishmash of DeS and DkS progression
>Gut the chalice dungeons entirely, or only leave like 3 or something total which just include the hard bosses, either gut the gem system entirely or make them more meaningful and give players gems through the maingame more since literally nobody wants to go through the dungeons with every character

Thats pretty much it
>>
Bring back the Dark Souls 1 healing system for blood vials and allow enemy reset/travelling from lampposts without having to go back to the Dream. Those are my biggest complaints.
>>
There should've been more shortcuts and less of a focus on warping like the first DaS.
>>
>>320650490
it is but is far better than backstab fishing from other sousl games
>>
Chalice Dungeons

that's honestly my only serious complaint, everything else is nitpicking
>>
>>320649697

I really don't agree with any of your points aside from being unable to warp from lantern to lantern, especially weapon variety. The variety is perfectly fine. If you could go more in-depth on some of your points I'd like to hear it.

Anyway, here's what I think:

>The bloodgem system needs to be re-worked. Some gem combinations are very tedious to get. Even getting to the CRF Depth 5 dungeons is a chore.
>Chalice dungeons, despite being a pretty interesting concept (and actually fun at crf depth 5), should have been integrated in the main game itself-- perhaps as optional, full-fledged "nightmares" like the Frontier or the DLC areas.
>Not restoring a cooperator's blood vial/qs bullet count after they successfully defeat the boss with a host
>Not restoring an invader's blood vial/qs bullet count after successfully killing a host
>Not sprinkling bell maidens throughout various areas in the game once a player reaches level 30.

I can't really think of any other things I don't like about the game, to be honest.
>>
>>320654394
They would have been better if they were at least all different. They're so boring because they're almost entirely composed of the exact same style of rooms.
>>
>Can't fortify apparel
>Co-op sessions are fun but are near impossible to conduct in Yharnam
>No joining sessions in progress for chalice dungeons
Why live?
>>
>>320652362
>enemy reset
you can still do this with a bold hunter's mark, but yeah i agree still.

biggest thing missing from BB that was cool in the other games is how so many enemies could drop their entire armor set/weapon. you could always look forward to finding new things from just killing enemies, but in BB there's pretty much nothing like this.
>>
>>320649697
>level design is very linear, a lot of backtracking
The level design is fucking fantastic, what's wrong with you?
>>
>>320655161
Its not even close to DaS, hell, enemies cant jump on you because how little space there is. Its a clusterfuck.
>>
>>320649697
>
not really, what makes you say this?
You have a couple places where the only way forward is to kill the next "story boss", but apart from those the game is very open. Christ, you can go to Cainhurst and get the Chikage before Bloodstarved Beast
>
they're varied and unique as ever, not to mention every weapon has like 15+ unique attacks
>
agreed, its pretty annoying sometimes, although it doesnt bother me that much, the load times aren't that big of an issue because I listen to music and do other things while playing.
>
Agreed somewhat, although I prefer the style and feel or BBs sets way more than souls.
>
If by this you mean the bagmen and Hypogean Gaol, thats.... like one area. Which you can warp out of instantly, and continue where you left off.

The REAL flaws of the game are the chalice dungeons and some of the absolute overpowered items like Beast Blood Pellets.
>>
my main problem with the game is that the bloodvials are a finite material
when you try something hard like some hard chalice dungeons and then you run out of vials and have to go farm souls to buy more is just tedius and that you can't sit down at lamps to refresh your suply and having to warp back to the dream to warp somewhere else is realy rustling my jimmies
>>
>>320654962
>co-op sessions
>near impossible
thats complete bullshit.
I've done 3 playtroughs with my friends and we connect within 2 minutes from ringing.
>>
>>320655912
Why do people have this problem?
Like seriously, every time you level up, you're left with some souls on you because it doesnt break even 99% of the time.
Use those souls to buy vials every time you level up. Literally the only thing stopping you from doing this is you going
>but muh souls
just use them.

I have played through the game over 20 times now and have never needed to farm vials. Ever.
>>
>>320656163
Doesn't always work mate. Most of the time (until your really high level) souls break close enough to even to only buy a few.
>>
Major complaints about Bloodborne

> Needed more NPC interaction/side quests to find.
> A bit more connectivity between levels would have been great. The unused shortcut from Bridge to Carhederal Ward should have been used and there is what looks like an elevator shaft to BSB behind the pig in Central Yharnam.
> Chalice Dungeons were a mistake. For an area of so much lore significance being relegated to procedurally generated hallways was a such a shame. Should have been an actual hand crafted area that was acsessed from Byrgonworth and was a vast underground laberynth. > Produdurally generated levels are fine, but needed major overhauls: Chalice completion should have been tied to profile, not savefile. So once I've unlocked Depth 5 FRC dungeons once I should never have to do depth 1-4 again unless I want to, so I could take any new character I make into any dungeon to get gems or whatever. Dungeons are fine, but having to do 10 each new character is horrible.
> Nightmare realms should have been more weird, make them actually disorientating and impossible to show that we are now in a world beyond human comprehension. Use the tech from Portal to make impossible structures, EG buildings bigger on the inside, going up a ladder but appearing through the floor of the ground level etc... From the outside it would just be a bunch of floating rooms, but the player would only ever see the inside and have no idea certain doorways were actually sending them halfway across the map.
> NG+ should have had different items (oh wow a 1000 Bloodecho cold blood, this will come in handy when a basic enemy gives 500) and altered enemy configurations (even stuff as simple as changing one of the Giants in the big circle from an Axe weilder to a Wrecking Ball guy. Nothing major just enough so that you can't beat NG+ on muscle memory alone.
> You should be able to reset enemies and activate a new save point by touching a lamp. Fast Travel less important.
>>
>>320656520
Well then dont level that last bit, and save those souls up.
Boom, more vials.
>>
>>320656163
It's really rough around the point when you kill Rom, since bloodvials skyrocket in price but enemies still don't really drop a lot of souls. And Yahargul is really difficult, so the player is probably going to be running through them like nobody's business
>>
>>320655912
Yeah, like the other anon's have said - this is a non-issue if you buy vials. If they just gave you 20 every time you re-spawned you would be even more incentivized than you already are to just spam them any time you take damage.

The biggest crime, really, is not communicating well enough that you are expected to spend echoes on them, especially if you're going through the game the first time.
>>
>>320655329
You can't be serious.
Dark Souls had great level design at the start of the game, especially with its shortcuts but as the game went on, as we know, the game wasn't as finished and the level design was far more linear and the level design was not as solid
Bloodborne has very solid level design, it's consistant all the way through, monster placement in certain areas is lacking (especially Unseen Village with the Bell Maidens)
But to say it's not even close to Dark Souls, I have to disagree with you. The level design is absolutely superb, the game's interconnected world is amazing. I love Dark Souls, but Bloodborne's level design has improved upon Dark Souls' a lot.
>>
Kos or Kosm
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>320649697
The only problem I have in Bloodborne is that there is no point in revisiting areas.

I like that the game gets more darker because of the night progression, but there is no point to that. It would be nice that some areas you have to go back to, like some story boss so you have to go back to central yharnam, then see its all fucked up
>>
>>320649697
The shitty combat.
>>
>>320658548
The level design of teasing all the zones early was cool. Getting chased of by skellies at the start of the game and thinking I'll come back here later. Spying Duke's archives on the hill top and wondering what's up there. Defeating Queelag and stepping into the Demons Ruins only to spy hundreds of the bosses you'd fought hours before waiting for you. All those late game zones were teased at some point and it made you want to go back and conquer them when the chance arose.
>>
>>320659024
Git gud
>>
File: 1450150502044.jpg (382 KB, 2000x2021) Image search: [Google]
1450150502044.jpg
382 KB, 2000x2021
>>320649697
the level design is fucking perfect. and so are the weapons.

actual problems:
>shitty framerate
>ng+ offers nothing new
>bell maiden PVP system blows, forcing players to create fight clubs for consistent matching
>vials are a step backwards from estus, forcing bad players to waste time farming and enabling them to just spam healing through zones instead of carefully managing resources
>the chalice dungeons were implemented very poorly. I have my own ideas on how they should have been done.

minor nitpicks:
>can't warp between lanterns
>healing church workshop door opening randomly is fucking retarded
>>
no cool but dysfunctional covenants that the series is known for
>>
>>320657813
Buying healing is just an unnecessary complication to a series that already streamlined the healing process. Nobody really benefits from wasting souls on them or wasting time farming. It just drags the game out and I don't think the majority would miss the mechanic being done like Ds1 .
>>
>>320659615
>>shitty framerate
This and the chalice dungeons are my only gripe with it.
>>
My only issue is that invading is fucked. People whined a lot about DaS2 and being unable to invade, but it's even worse in BB since people basically can't be invaded unless they wanted to.
>>
>>320660050
I think the mechanic in DaS2 with estus + life gems was great, actually. It wasn't as restrictive as DaS and still gave you freedom to get past areas if you invest in buying life gems.
>>
You make it sound like you wanted a skyrim clone instead of a souls game.
>>
Finite bullets. Issue for arc and blt builds that heavily use spells or guns. A 3 hour play session will bring you from bullet cap to 0.

DLC zones are incredibly short.

Bosses are made cheese easy or next to impossible depending on your build.

Game ballenced around being melee only, dlc opens up extrmely powerful ranged options for blt and arc builds that trivialize most boss fights.

Yahargul is a garbage zone. Blighttown was better than that piece of shit zone.
>>
>>320660749
>Finite bullets. Issue for arc and blt builds that heavily use spells or guns. A 3 hour play session will bring you from bullet cap to 0.
to be fair, you can turn vials into quicksilver bullets
>>
blood vials
>>
>>320656920
glad to see someone with a similar idea to mine for the chalice dungeons. the story dungeons we have now are a tedious mess to get through. they should have been designed as traditional areas integrated into the main gameworld as secret/optional levels. like, say, accessing the pthumerian labyrinth under bsb. and just one depth for each type. and for the spelunkers, root chalices would remain the same.
>>
Why is the Hunters Cabin on fucking fire?
>>
>>320662069
I think it's a way for the devs to get the player to talk to the doll, because it's eye-catching and confusing and the first thing most people would do is ask the NPCs about it. the Doll then directs the player to the final fight. otherwise, most players wouldn't even realize the cemetery is unlocked since.

lore-wise, idk.
>>
>>320662436
Is that spot in front of the tree where Ghernam has been since he disappeared after sending the player to Old Yharnam?
>>
Only issue I have is that I think the Chalice Dungeons should have had more variety. Pthumeru is basically identical all the way through, and Loran and Isz only really change a few visual things.

Ideally, I would have cancelled the chalice dungeons before any time was spent on them and instead spent that time and money on building a proper Pthumeru zone. Like a normal area, maybe even a couple zones. Pthumeru, Loran and Isz as proper game areas with their own real bosses.
>>
>>320662578
he doesn't disappear after Old Yharnam. he even has special dialogue after you've killed Rom.

it's just that he doesn't show up every time you return to the hunter's dream, or possibly even for the whole stretch between "find the chalice and seek communion" and killing Rom. if you can't find him in the house, he might be in the garden behind the house.
>>
File: 1450326789706.png (291 KB, 750x366) Image search: [Google]
1450326789706.png
291 KB, 750x366
I feel so comfy in bloodborne threads.
>>
Can someone tell me, yes or no, can the door at the bottom of the research hall be opened? I've been scouring this fucking place for hours and I can't find shit.

There are some crazy blobby NPCs which I suppose hold the key, but can't find how to get them to help me. Don't want to kill them, yet.
>>
>>320652215
GOTY edition comes out on the 27th. How did you acquire it?
>>
>>320664990
Never mind, I'm retarded and accidentally killed one of those NPCs. I now have brain fluid :^).
>>
>>320664990
do the quest for the blob in the chair
find her brain fluid three times
>>
>>320663007
This. Instead of there being a billion tiny dungeons, it should have been seeveral giant tombs, each with it's own unique aesthetic. They do already, but it wasn't vastly different.
>>
>>320665081
The 27th of November...
>>
Are Ebrietas and Orphan brother and sister? Since she is a daughter of the cosmos and Kos name is similar when people call her Kosm
>>
>>320665981
go do a quick google
>>
>>320665826
I can't find it anywhere online. How do I acquire the physical version?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.