[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is everyone so hype for this game? I remember it being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 2784810-8904885316-Drago.jpg (340 KB, 1000x1052) Image search: [Google]
2784810-8904885316-Drago.jpg
340 KB, 1000x1052
Why is everyone so hype for this game?

I remember it being really shit.
Just a big boring empty world with NPCs and party members that have nothing interesting to say, a shit plot and generic hack and slash gameplay.
>>
>>320646001
Exploration done well, fun combat. That made it good enough for me already
>>
>>320646001
Maybe this game just isn't for you, OP.
Maybe there are people out there with different tastes.
>>
Dragons dogma is probably the most overrated game on /v/ at the moment, it's got shit magic combat, shit camera angles in dragon fights, a horrendously bad story, boring quests, a terribly designed map, no real interesting locations beyond the everfall which is just copypasted rooms, the only interesting fights were grigori the ur dragon and daimon, the game has a lack of unique monsters, the area design is barren and lacks any real fantastical locations, the melee combat if you're not climbing is actually not that great and relies on spammed skills, the ranged combat is good, there's no reason to not play assassin, the textures are dull, the npcs are boring and have repetitive dialogue.

The story is awful, truly awful. Anyone with half a brain can see that they shoehorned the cyclical ending in after they ran out of production time/budget with the planned game.

Magic, like many other things in Dragon's Dogma was overrated as fuck.

>stand still or slowly walk around for 30 seconds channelling a spell
>rewarded with a constant 15fps as a tornado fills up your entire screen and you can't see shit
>>
>>320646139
Their taste is shit
>>
File: 1444616013722.png (51 KB, 500x517) Image search: [Google]
1444616013722.png
51 KB, 500x517
Because its good, and some of the major issues were because of shitty optimization and performance which should be fixed in the port
>>
>>320646001
if you think the gameplay is generaic hack-and-slash, you really never played it.
also, the world isn't big boring and empty, it's pretty small(not counting vanilla and lack of fast travel), boring and it's really not empty.
as far as the plot goes, it's okay, but definitively not the selling point.
i just won't talk about the dialogues though, you're right on with that
>>
Because you're a fag
>>
>>320646001
/v/ overall has shit taste in games. I also guarantee that this board will hate the series if it becomes mainstream.
>>
>>320646216
You're a pleb so your arguments are invalid by default
>>
>>320646483
>if it becomes mainstream.
the game is played globally on ps3 and 360 already, what difference would a PC version make?
>>
>>320646483
It's just the contrarian nature of this place, any time an okay manga gets an anime adaption, most users on /a/ post about bad it is
>>
Dragon's Dogma is literally the hipster skyrim/dark souls, whose fans constantly overblow how great it is, and are infinitely jealous that the other two games are far better and more popular, with the sales, success, and relevance that comes with that.
>>
>>320646001
>I remember it being really shit
>boring empty world
>NPCs and party members that have nothing interesting to say
>generic hack and slash gameplay

Lmao to all of these

You're right about the plot though
>>
>>320646189
I just wish people would call out Fallout like this.
>>
>>320646721
I love this meme.

DA plays nothing like those games.
>>
>>320646001
>generic
I don't see other games with bow gameplay this good.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.