[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the best game ever made.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 17
File: Far-Cry-2-1422.jpg (165 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Far-Cry-2-1422.jpg
165 KB, 1280x960
This is the best game ever made.
>>
File: 1450316386122.jpg (20 KB, 325x218) Image search: [Google]
1450316386122.jpg
20 KB, 325x218
tfw Mgs v is a better far cry 2 than far cry 2
>>
>>320633879
edgy screenshot
reminds me of fallout and fallout reminds me of mad max
>>
I heard that there is some mod, which makes the game more playable.

I've actually managed to beat it in vanilla state though. Doing missions and looking around for gems was quite fun. Nice idea of companions helping You whenever You are down. Also higher reputation level make enemies being more scared of You.

Great ideas, mediocre execution.
The companions could actually stick with You more. Instead they are present on some missions / rescuing You.

The biggest flaws:
- outpost having insane respawn rate
- weapons going broken down way too fast
- AI could take more time finding You in the bushes
>>
M A L A R I A
A
L
A
R
I
A
>>
>>320635818
outpost respawn was a pain in the dick
and the missions were all pretty samey

I really like far cry 2 but its not a game a give as a recommendation to play to others because I understand there are aspects of it that will really put people off
>>
File: Mallaria Pills.jpg (483 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Mallaria Pills.jpg
483 KB, 1920x1200
>>320633879
OP, I genuinely want to discuss this game

Pros:
>Fantastic healing mechanics

Always made me cringe and feel like I'm actually hurt/ healing myself. Animations still make me flinch to this day.

>Combat

Fun and tactical, sniping with the 1903 was satisfying as all hell. Using molotovs to burn down villages made me cackle like an evil bastard.

>Aesthetics

Looked great for it's time, setting was grimy and fun to explore without being a pain to traverse any areas

>Inventory

This is one of the only games I've played where the character actually grabs things with their hand (seriously, why the fuck is this not in more games)

>Protagonists

The variety was pretty good, much better then the DUDE WEED LMAO faggot that was Jason BROdy.

>Weapon Condition:

Having to worry about my gun jamming (another mechanic that isn't ever used) made the combat a lot more intense

Cons:
>Story

There is none. Niggers pay you diamonds to kill other niggers. All your friends end up betraying you for bullshit reasons.

>Driving

Drive 20 feet, get shot, stop to repair, shoot back, repeat for 20 miles.

>Fast Travel

Limited to buses that you have to drive well out of your way to get to.

>Repetitive

Once you've played for 10 minutes, you've experienced everything the game has to offer, other than the second half of the map. If you aren't thrilled by the gameplay, this is a huge turnoff.

>Malaria

Fuck malaria, for real.

This is one of my favorite games, despite the fact that nobody talks about it. It's dark, gritty, tactical, and once you've finished it, it feels like you have a real experience under your belt. Definitely worth checking out, since it's probably 3 bucks at any game store or steam or whatever.
>>
>>320633879
>best amtosphere
>best driving
>best setting
>best weapons
>gun jamming
>malaria

FC2 BEST FC
>FC2 BEST FC
FC2 BEST FC
>FC2 BEST FC
FC2 BEST FC
>FC2 BEST FC
FC2 BEST FC
>FC2 BEST FC
FC2 BEST FC
>FC2 BEST FC
FC2 BEST FC
>FC2 BEST FC
FC2 BEST FC
>FC2 BEST FC
FC2 BEST FC
>FC2 BEST FC
FC2 BEST FC
>FC2 BEST FC
FC2 BEST FC
>FC2 BEST FC
FC2 BEST FC
>FC2 BEST FC
>>
It was actually awful compared to the first game.

>first game
>beautiful and lush environment
>2nd game
>dry desert filled with nigs

Far Cry 2 is literally the first game that destroyed my hype.
>>
>>320636798
>Cons: Story

yea I felt the same way, I didnt really know the details of what the fuck was going on and didnt really care

weapons degrading for me was never really an issue because I usually had decent guns as I would do the side mission things to get guns as soon as I could
but when you were desperate and ran out of ammo so you grab an enemies shit gun only to have it jam up on you made for an interesting experience that forced you into exploring other options and methods, which was nice

I think malaria only fucked with me maybe twice, where I would have a fit mid firefight and get fucked over
it was managable but the threat of it was always looming
>>
>>320635818
i would add, no co-op campaign.
all i want is to be able to have a gunner, why have trucks with turrets when you have to change from driving to shooting. i guess if you could take a companion with you that would work also.
>>
>>320636798
I've never fully finished it, I can never sit through the credits and each time the game think I haven't finished it.
>>
>>320637950
The story is literally one of the best in videogames.

It actually asks for the player to think. Obviousy manchildren like you who aren't aware of what's going on in the world miss the entire point and the genius of the whole thing.
>>
>>320636798
>without being a pain to traverse any areas
dodging guard outposts and vehicle patrols was a pain in the ass
>>
I loved Far Cry 2 but it had some MAAAAAJOR flaws

>factions never ever tell their troops not to shoot you
They fluff it as you having to be undercover but it's obvious it's not done for story reasons
>enemies respawn as soon as you've left the area
This is just silly and unforgivable
>most enemies are white
I get that AAA titles need to be PC but this is ridiculous. It breaks the immersion.
>they purposefully made the game incredibly hard to mod so that none of these issues can be resolved
need I say it
>>
>>320639236
>They fluff it as you having to be undercover but it's obvious it's not done for story reasons

There is a deeper meaning for this. Use your brain and think politics.

>This is just silly and unforgivable

Highlights endlessness of the conflict. Again, it's done to make a point.

>I get that AAA titles need to be PC but this is ridiculous. It breaks the immersion.

Colonialism.
>>
>>320633879
Ran like shit and was boring.
>>
>>320637997
Speaking of trucks with turrets, that's another mistake that a mod would fix. Later on there are these trucks with grenade launcher turrets, you know the ones. This is the only time in video gaming that I have voluntarily put down my weapon for a less powerful one because it just made the game unfun.
>>
How come noone's mentioned the lack of a stealth melee kill? That's one of the major things that turned me off, and I even got the game at launch.

> sneak up behind enemy
> there's no prompt to do anything
> "guess it's just the melee button then"
> just wack the guard, who instantly turns around
> the entire camp now knows I'm here
> my entire fantasy about being able to sneakily kill my way through camps ruined

Not even joking that this was seriously at least half my motivation for dropping the game. How can you make a free-roam "realistic" FPS ( as in, enemies can be killed in one headshot, no Borderlands-esque gameplay) and forget the fucking stealth kill, seriously
>>
>>320639621
I disagree strongly with all of your points, but that's okay. Or, rather, it WOULD BE okay if my fourth complaint was met, mod-ability. That way we can both be happy.
>>
>>320640165
You're not some stealth god, retard. You're playing a merc.
>>
>>320639236
>>factions never ever tell their troops not to shoot you
>They fluff it as you having to be undercover but it's obvious it's not done for story reasons
THIS, you should have been able to pick a side and have some territory beside the central neutral city where you can not have worry about being attacked all the time. worse than checkpoints being re-spawned ever few minutes
>>
>>320640340
>I disagree strongly with all of your points

That's because you are a pleb. The Far Cry games have always been metaphors.
>>
>>320640436

Right, because mercenaries are somehow incapable of snapping a neck, smothering people or stabbing them. Also, for not being a stealth god, it sure wasn't all that hard to sneak up on people. It's just that the malaria's apparently damaged the part of your brain that contains the fine motor skill for specifically stabbing people who are unaware of you
>>
>>320640790
It's not a stealth game.
>>
Are there any other games that allow you to operate operationally in Africa apart from Far Cry 2 and MGSV?
>>
>>320637652
Far Cry 1 was also mediocre at best.

Such a shame that Crytek have only ever managed to make one good game in their lifetime, Crysis.
>>
>>320640165
>complaining about no press x to awesome prompt
>no s1ck 420 MLG cod backstabs so doesn't want to play the game
The irony is you can actually stealth kill you just need to git close, git behind and git gud
>>
>>320640924

> it's not an oversight, or glaring omission, it's a feature!

bullshit. It's a game where you can sneak around enemies, have silenced weaponry like silenced pistols, dart guns etc, can buy suits / armors that make you less visible and encourages you to play at night to avoid detection. The game can be played in a stealthy manner; it sometimes even encourages you to
>>
>>320641618

see: >>320641232
>>
>>320639621
>Colonialism
no, it's the way these mercenary wars go
>>
File: 1435287149495.jpg (13 KB, 210x273) Image search: [Google]
1435287149495.jpg
13 KB, 210x273
>>320633879
I like that it actually tried to be something different.

Now, Ubishit will just rehash 3 until the end of time
>>
>>320640705
>That's because you are a pleb. The Far Cry games have always been metaphors.
You know what? I'm calling your bluff. Explain to this pleb how ANY of the complaints I listed are the result of intentional metaphors
>>
>>320641830
>no, it's the way these mercenary wars go
This is retarded. You're telling me that in a civil war in an African state the majority of the combatants will be mercenaries?
>>
>>320639236
The PC police weren't quite as big in 2008.
>>
File: 1230829316551586747.jpg (26 KB, 670x549) Image search: [Google]
1230829316551586747.jpg
26 KB, 670x549
>>320633879
This game was really fucking bad

/v/ only started pretending it's good and liked it when Far Cry 3 came out

Before that literally nobody mentioned this pile of shit

Fucking contrarian hipster faggots
>>
Is this irony? This is right up there as one of the worst video game experiences i have ever had
>>
>>320642440
Your memory is faulty. There have never been terribly many FC2 threads but they were certainly present and popular long before FC3
>>
>>320642097
Literally in the post you replied to, you fucking retard.
>>
File: Top 100.png (421 KB, 919x3787) Image search: [Google]
Top 100.png
421 KB, 919x3787
The Overman agrees.
>>
>>320635183
Wait, how is it edgy?
>>
File: Top 100 part 2.png (374 KB, 932x3331) Image search: [Google]
Top 100 part 2.png
374 KB, 932x3331
>>320642887
>>
>>320633879
this looks like a very uncomfortable way to hold an AK, there's the rear sight there

also no
>>
>>320633879
Tried to save my friends and they are all killed, and even when I'm full health I pass out, was that suppose to happen?
>>
>>320641130
Far Cry is literally the best FPS ever made.
>>
>>320639236
Think you missed the point with the mostly white enemies. The ratios of enemy races were about the same as the possible player character race ratios. The idea is that everybody you're fighting is a merc, just like you. Only difference is you got lucky and met the Jackel. They probably all went through the same in-between sides phase as you did, but settled instead of driving on to fuel their lust for violence.
>>
>>320642997
>>320642887
>icycalm
Oh, he's still around? I lost track after he faded into obscurity.
>>
>>320643712
I believe he died some months ago.
>>
>>320643712
He's taking a break from the internets to finish his books. Expect some groundbreaking shit when he comes back.
>>
>>320643403
>Far Cry
>good
>>
>>320642887
Holy shit, I had the same feeling. After playing Far Cry 2, Africa was the place to be.
>>
>>320643983
Didn't say it was good. It's excellent.
>>
>>320643909
Oh my. Well, ashes to ashes, dust to dust, and RIP in peace, I guess.
Oh, and good riddance. Can't forget that one.
>>
>>320644051
Not the guy you were talking to, but I agree it was mediocre at best. Literally all it had was being hard as balls, the rest (plot, characters, level design, gameplay) was bland and it hasn't aged well at all.
>>
File: the-jackal-far-cry-2a.jpg (295 KB, 830x481) Image search: [Google]
the-jackal-far-cry-2a.jpg
295 KB, 830x481
The Jackal did nothing wrong

prove me wrong
>>
>>320644282
>plot, characters
Who cares, it's an FPS. It had very little of it.
Level design was great and gameplay is top notch!
>>
It had a really unique and fantastic atmosphere. I think most of it comes from the great sound design, I found myself relying much more on my hearing than my eyes when playing somehow.
>>
>>320644360
Everything about the Jackal was awesome. The tapes, especially.
>>
File: v11C.jpg (549 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
v11C.jpg
549 KB, 1920x1080
>>320633879
Its still one of the most immersive games to this day. A game has never made me feel like I was having a heat stroke
>>
File: 1424444010380.jpg (63 KB, 336x436) Image search: [Google]
1424444010380.jpg
63 KB, 336x436
Hpw would anybody say the game is good?
I bought it on release for 40 bucks and it was the last Pc game i EVER! bought on release.

Its incredible boring holy shit, i cant remember anything at all.
Everything looks the same.
The driving mechanics are so tedious and everytime i cleared a path through the jungle niggers appear again.

Is this some kind of nostalgia thread?

I saw this kind of threads for Far Cry 2 in the last few weeks but i didnt have seen them on release date and years to come because everybody agreed it was a pile of fucking shit.
>>
>>320644282
>it hasn't aged well at all#

I'll give you that, playing it today it feels very mediocre in many regards. But I feel like people tend to forget what FPS were like when Far Cry came out, it was basically all extremely linear WW2 shooters with enemies that might as well have been cardboard cutouts set in gray-brown environments.
>>
>>320644361
>Who cares
No senpai. The fact is not an RPG doesn't mean the character or story have to be Saturday morning cartoon tier.

Level design was filled with straight lines/paths and closed areas for the most part, since each one was separated in chapters/missions. Gameplay was good for it's time, is generic as fuck now
>>
>>320644953
It's greatly overrated by /v/, yeah.

>>320644997
>Level design was filled with straight lines/paths and closed areas for the most part
Ok, so you haven't played it, good to know.
>>
>>320644360
for one, wearing that t-shirt
>>
>>320633879
It is and it pisses me off that Ubisoft refuses to make another one like it after Fc3 and 4 were so popular
>>
>>320645217
>weaing a dashiki
>In Africa

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
>>
IkindamissNPCsspeakingreallyfasteventhoughitwasannoyingatfirst
>>
>>320633879
>African Driving Simulator The Game

Naw, but tbqh senpai I did thoroughly enjoy FC2 when it came out.
>>
>>320645048
>Ok, so you haven't played it, good to know.
Right senpai, levels weren't either inside a building or a bunch of straight paths filled with enemies in between that had cars to go from one checkpoint to another that you could access later on after you finish that area.
>>
>>320644953

>I saw this kind of threads for Far Cry 2 in the last few weeks but i didnt have seen them on release date and years to come because everybody agreed it was a pile of fucking shit.

Probably because we were naive back then and didn't know that the future of FPS would be even more Calls of Battlefield. People tend to like the Far Cry games in retrospect more (1, 2 and to a lesser extend 3) because they at least try new and different things that go against the mainstream, despite their flaws. They're at least memorable.
>>
>>320645246
They could have at least tried to improve on farcry 2 with a new one

Not all DUDE RANDOM LMAO shit with farcy 3
>>
>>320645427
The indoors levels were really linear yeah, but outdoors gave you a broad areas to play around and they would occasionally have those big cool arenas full of enemies for you to clean in any way you wish.
>>
>>320645246
FC3 and 4 did everything FC2 did but better.
>>
File: cheekibreeki.jpg (22 KB, 318x307) Image search: [Google]
cheekibreeki.jpg
22 KB, 318x307
>>320644360
>"You start thinking too much about morality, that's insane."

Hugely underrated character

>>320644953
Just because you don't appreciate it doesn't make it bad autist

>>320645246
Ubisoft probably will switch up the mechanic after they got bashed for making FC3 and FC4 the same kind of stealth FPS

Personally I'd like to see a mostly urban setting with emphasis on realistic sniping and scavenging. Something like the setting of STALKER but with the tactical gameplay of FC2.

Chernobyl, mayhaps?
>>
File: fc.jpg (166 KB, 1007x497) Image search: [Google]
fc.jpg
166 KB, 1007x497
>>320645217
It's no Far Cry game if it doesn't have a guy wearing a red shirt in an exotic environment.
>>
>>320644953
Is nostalgiafags being nostalgiafags. Far Cry 3 was the only good thing to come out of this series.
>>
>>320645696
I hope they have Clint Hocking working on the next one, considering he came back to Ubisoft recently.
>>
>>320645876
3 was mediocre-to-bad though?
>>
>>320646030
Better than the others.
>>
>>320644953
It's basically a reaction to the fact that Far Cry 3 did well critically and commercially. So now /v/ likes Far Cry 2, the one everyone else hates. Because, um, it's philosophically deep or something. Despite it being the epitome of boring, repetitive, empty open world garbage /v/ hates every contemporary game for.
>>
That respawn rate gets a lot of shit, but just look at far cry 3- without the enemies retaking outposts, the game is dull as shit.

Everyone would be whining about it being a ghost town tourism simulator.
>>
>>320646030
It was fun, despite suffering from Ubisoft cancer.
>>
>>320646030
From playing fc3 after fc2, alot felt like a step backwards and slow.

>cant bring up an actual map, you just bring up a map screen
This what bothered me the most and ot ruined the immersion greatly
>>
>>320642976
he has a machete
>>
>>320633879
This game was such a piece of shit. I have tried to play it multiple times and its just horrible. If I hadn't played 3 first I may have liked it better, but I did.
There were so many stupid game mechanics it's near unplayable. Its just not fun
>>
>>320646249
>That respawn rate gets a lot of shit, but just look at far cry 3- without the enemies retaking outposts, the game is dull as shit.
True. Typically the kind of idea that sounds good in theory, but isn't in practice.

FC2 could have benefited from some better respawn rate tweaking though.
>>
One thing I never understood

At the end, why did The Jackal say that the one who would escape the country had to put a bullet through his head?
>>
File: star2.jpg (133 KB, 545x648) Image search: [Google]
star2.jpg
133 KB, 545x648
>>320633879
I disagree.
>>
>>320644592
>after collecting 10 tapes it glitches and repeats the same one over and over

Thanks, Ubisoft.
>>
>>320646249
The fact that outposts respawned at all isn't what people dislike. It's the absurd frequency at which it happens and the fact that they're literal roadblocks.
If there were more ways to bypass them during travel and the respawn rate was set to an ingame day or so I would have no complaints.
>>
>>320640790
Snapping a neck or macheting someone to death IS difficult to do, especially silently. You watch too many movies.

That being said... with the camo kit, aim for the base of the skull, quick reflexes and a little luck, you can get a silent melee kill in far cry 2. It's just not your usual simple 'press x to make terrorist expiate' horseshit that games usually hold your hand with.
>>
best game ever is SupCom nigga
>>
Basically, it could have been a great game if the devs hadn't gone out of their way to make it almost unmoddable.
>>
>>320634751
doesn't even have better foliage so no

far cry 2 sucks dick because even with the stealth suit and mp5 silenced you can't be stealthy

i understand they if they see their own guy get killed they will be aware there is an enemy but they automatically know where you are

i wouldnt care if it was like 3 and i could just fly away and use a flight suit but it was so fucking tedious getting caught was a pain in the ass

ofc it's either too easy or too hard no in betweens
>>
>>320633879
>best game ever
No
But it's goddamn fantastic and I fucking love it

>>320636798
>Protagonists
It sucked that there was no different between them besides what kind of hands you had and what buddies you'd get
POOINTHELOOman is the best character to play as though, he gets operator as fuck leather gloves

>>320636798
>>320637950
>>320638546
>Story
I actually liked this, it fits the game's theme very well.
You're in that country as a mercenary, all you care about is making money, you don't give a shit about anything else.
There's some form of story going on in the background, as you see the civil war progress and bit and major events happen (at your hands) between the APR and the UFLL
There's also a bit of heart of darkness stuff going on too with the Jackal, although I don't really like how the ending suddenly has you sacrificing yourself for some random civilians when you spent the entire game shooting people for money

>Fast Travel
It could have been a lot worse, maybe it would have been better if there was a bus station for every square of the map instead of just 5, but it's a rather good balance between no fast travel and suddenly appearing on the doorstep of where you need to be, it requires you to do just a little bit of traveling.

>>320639236
>most enemies are white
like the other anon said, most of the enemies are mercs, iirc the driver at the beginning of the game pretty much tells you that anyone who could left the country and that the majority of people who are left are those that want to actually be there for the conflict

>>320640165
I just fired up the game today and actually got a stealth melee kill. I passed by an outpost and some guys started shooting at me and moving to my position, I got out of my car and crouched and started sneaking, and was able to walk up to an enemy who had gone to my last position but didn't know where I was and was looking in the other direction and was able to stealth melee him
>>
>>320647028
autism
>>
>>320647132
reddit
>>
>>320646630
"Saw this kid on the side of the road yesterday..."
>>
>>320644953
tripfags with shit taste wow what a surprise
>>
>>320646249
Far Cry 3's pace is perfectly fine due in large part to the fast travel system being much less fucking retarded.
>>
>>320646030
It was fun.
>>
>>320642440
I liked it before 3 m8, which made me really disappointed at how 3 turned out to be.

>>320646575
because apparently malaria and cancer are untreatable and so it's better to kill yourself.
I always pick the bribe the border guard option and just imagine my character sneaks out of the country with the refugees with his new fortune of diamonds
>>
FC2 had something that all subsequent far crys lost.

Decent fucking multiplayer with a good map editor.

I go back every week to play custom maps on FC2, and it never gets old. Some of these player made maps are seriously insane. They fucked it up so hard in 3
>>
File: 11456_front.jpg (119 KB, 640x913) Image search: [Google]
11456_front.jpg
119 KB, 640x913
>>320647651

Does 3 even have a level editor? If even pic related had one, I don't see why 3 can't.
>>
>>320647612
>cancer
wait, the protagonist had cancer?
>>
>>320647921
Farcry 3 has a pretty good level editor
>>
>>320647934
No, the Jackal does and it's terminal. Pretty sure he doesn't have a lot of time left on his clock by the time you reach him at the end of the game
>>
>5/10 console shovelware FPS game is the "best game ever made"

I don't really understand why people like this anyways, there are hundreds of games like this on sixth and seventh gen consoles. Or did you really find the multitude of random game breaking bugs to be just THAT good?
>>
>>320647921
It has a decent one, but the biggest problem is, is that you cant play online if your map has vehicles or animals or turrets.

Which was 90% of the fun in fc2
>>
>>320644953
I like FC2, but it is definitely flawed.
Things that I like:
Atmosphere: Between the day/night cycle, the dynamic music, weather/fire, the tapes, tension when you are about to strike and the pure chaos of a gunfight, this game nails it.

Gunplay: Solid roster of weapons, lotta fun to experiment with different kits. I play with the realism mod and the damage cranked up to maximum and enjoy that I'm as vulnerable as my non-bullet spongey enemies.

Getting revived by allies: I wish more games had something like this... I typically try to only save at the safe houses. You've got a safety net, but if you don't savescum your adrenaline will still be pumping.

Briefcases: I don't love the economy/gunmarket in the game, but the briefcases are fucking great. Optional puzzles to explore between firefights without holding your hand as far as solving them. And you're not looting chests with vendor trash- just cold hard gun money, baby.

Chaos: Hangliding into a river, then creeping up the back way into the outpost, sniping the most dangerous troops and rushing in with a fistful of grenades, syrettes and my trusty shotgun to clean the camp out, only to flee when a heavily armed patrol rolls in... Whole place is on fire, dying men are screaming, ammo cooks off in an explosion and I have survived by the skin of my teeth.
>>
>>320648247
>there are hundreds of open-world FPSes on sixth and seventh gen consoles
There are?
>>
>>320648401
>Optional puzzles

How does rooting around garbage constitute a puzzle?
>>
It's the best Far Cry game, yes.
>>
>>320648826
Did you not play the original or Blood Dragon?
>>
>>320643448
No no, I got that. It doesn't mean it makes sense though. The concept would be more effectively conveyed by the mercs being rarer and standing out more. Having the majority of opponents faced be mercs is NONSENSE
>>
>>320648874
Blood Dragon is bad.
>>
Far Cry 2 was a potentially brilliant game that was forced out a year before it was ready. Far Cry 3 made up for it though.
>>
You are The Jackal. They ripped off Fight Club
>>
File: Artwork_Andre_Hyppolite.jpg (120 KB, 903x1280) Image search: [Google]
Artwork_Andre_Hyppolite.jpg
120 KB, 903x1280
So who did you guys pick as your merc?

Andre master race here
>>
>>320648928
Far Cry 2 is badder.
>>
>>320648661
Granted that some diamonds are just 'Oooooo, check out this spooky firefight scene full of corpses and decay.', but you are given

1]A map that hints at how many diamonds are nearby
2]A tracking tool to help you pinpoint the caches

Making it a puzzle. Often you have to surmount an obstacle to get the prize- machete the wall, climb the obstacle, kill the bad guys and figure out what floor it's on, glide across an entire valley to land on an obscure ledge...
>>
>>320649212
Well, I mean at least BD is short.
>>
To this day, I have never experienced a better atmosphere in game than when I played Far Cry 2
>>
>>320644592
>the tape about smuggling guns across borders by sewing them into corpses
I need to become an author just to include that in a story
>>
>>320649317
You should try playing STALKER.
>>
>>320649317
>played it during one summer where it was hot as hell
At least it made it immersive
>>
>>320649256
How does that make it a puzzle? Hide and seek isn't a puzzle game.
>>
>>320649543
this.
STALKER also coincidentally happens to be my favorite game and series
>>
>>320649543
Never liked the STALKER atmosphere really
>>
File: 1404768771940.jpg (33 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1404768771940.jpg
33 KB, 268x265
>shirtless guys shrugging off a full mag of 7.62
>niggers respawning right next to you every 5 minutes
>half the weapons are useless, the other half overpowered
>every 15 meters either your weapon or your car breaks down or you have to chugg malaria pills
>map is filled with repetitive, boring as fuck activities to the point where it's literally the prototype for "Ubisoft: The Game"

It has its moments, and lots of technology and ambition, but mechanically it's a fucking terrible game.

Far Cry was both more ambitious and more fun, and Far Cry 3/4, while being formulaic and bland, had much more enjoyable gameplay
>>
>>320650314
>shirtless guys shrugging off a full mag of 7.62

The only time that's ever true is at the end when you fight all your old bodies who have a shit load of health.

At most, 5 rounds to the chest kills most enemies
>>
i liked the references to Heart of Darkness tbqh
>>
>>320635818
is there a point to all the You?
>>
>>320644995
Yep, FC2 was pretty much the first open world FPS. The only other contenders being Crysis, Stalker, and that shitty Russian game Boiling Point.
>>
>>320652348
crysis isn't open world

anyway, there was that game called operation flashpoint
>>
>>320650314
Short, controlled burst you dumb nigger
>>
>>320649139
he was my buddy when i got the Good Night Sweet Prince cheevo

i hate achievements but goddamn that was a perfect one.
>>
>>320652708
actually recoil control is pretty easy in FC2, I would regularly blast AK on full auto
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.