[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is AVGN such shit and are there any actual good you tubers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
Why is AVGN such shit and are there any actual good you tubers? I got a new job and I need a vidya show to watch on my downtime. My friends all like AVGN and pew die pie and I cant stand that shit.

What does /v/ watch?
I know you do.
Don't lie.
>>
AVGN is good, please don't place him on the same plane as Pewdiepie.
>>
>>249690626
Please, they are both tryhard le funnyvoicemen.
>>249690251
Check out Classic Game Room, Teddy Rubskin, and Pat the NES punk. They are my staples.
>>
>>249690251
Brutal Moose
>>
File: Mrs Nerd.jpg (251 KB, 895x577) Image search: [Google]
Mrs Nerd.jpg
251 KB, 895x577
>>249690251

here's the reason, OP
>>
I actually like the IGN stuff, I watch the GameOverGreggy Show, Game Scoop and Podcast Beyond. I love Greg Miller and Colin Moriarty, whatever, they have awful awful tastes in games but they're entertaining, and I like listening to entertaining people talk about vidya
>>
>>249690251
Parker Peters Plays is decent, but new. He is from /vr/ so if you can stand his shitty outlook on modern games, he is entertaining enough.
>>
TotalBiscuit is pretty good..
>>
>>249690995
>>249690957
>>249690746
>>249690729

you don't have to lie to OP, you know.
>>
Robbaz or critikal
>>
>>249690995
>30 frames per second man
>>
>>249690857
>diversity

Not everything needs to be diverse, people. He has a damn niche audience. Cater to it.
>>
>>249690995
This
Despite /v/'s intense hatred for TB I like him.
>>
>>249690251

PeanutButterGamer
BrutalMoose
Caddicarus
Projared
Matthewmatosis
Markiplier
>>
>>249690995
TotalBiscuit pls go
>>
File: pat.jpg (4 KB, 206x126) Image search: [Google]
pat.jpg
4 KB, 206x126
Pretty much just this
>>
>>249690251

Your jealousy is showing, OP. He's a fantastic YouTuber.
>>
File: 1403467661296.jpg (60 KB, 930x513) Image search: [Google]
1403467661296.jpg
60 KB, 930x513
>>249690957
>Parker Peters Plays
I dont even know how one man can be so boring. he needs to have more jokes or something. he doesnt even try to be funny
>>
I find him painfully unfunny, but I do enjoy him talking about retro stuff.

Gamesack is... alright. I mean, their skits aren't funny, and they read from scripts very stiffly, but they're just a couple middle-aged men who enjoy retro games, and they know their shit. I've gotten tons of old games as a result of watching their videos.

Classic Game Room is good shit. Mark knows his stuff, and he excels at video games. Legit jealous of his life. Dude's living the dream, and he's a nice guy. No wacky skits, he just reviews vidya and sometimes other stuff.

Pat the NES Punk falls into the same "dumb skit" problem, but again he reviews some pretty obscure stuff, and his flea market finds are pretty great, and his podcast has his moments. Would hang out with him.

Spoony... Uh... I used to think he was kinda okay... His new stuff is just whiny or insane though. I don't really agree with his views so much anymore, and he seems to be playing up the insane aggression and I can't tell whether he's doing a character or it's just his bi-polar acting up. Like, I watched him play Final Fantasy 14. He was frothing with rage about MMO staples. He was actually angry the game starts with a fetch quest. He tore off his headphones and quit the video after that. He also spends like ten minutes just screaming and acting disgusted when he realizes you can see the taru taru in their underwear. "THIS IS BLATANT PEDOPHILIA!"

Projared's alright, PeanutButterGamer's alright, JonTronShow has it's moments.

EgoRaptor has lost his way. I just can't stand the guy anymore.

Retsuprae is just as bad as the people they make fun of, and they've yet to make me laugh even once, (well, aside from that adults react to pewdiepie video) but I still watch their videos on occasion.

Ulillillilia's a bro. TeamFourStar is funny and has some vidya content. Helloween4545 is an alright LP'er, but he can be annoying at times (I think he tries to turn some of the stuff he says into catch phrases.)

(cont.)
>>
>>249690251
>pewdiepie
You need new friends
AVGN use to be good. But he is shit now.
>what does /v/ watch?
Maddox
Classic Game Room
That is all. Youtube is shitty.
>>
File: youtube peopleb.png (2 MB, 1686x1258) Image search: [Google]
youtube peopleb.png
2 MB, 1686x1258
>>
>>249690251
Lazy Game Reviewer.
He's pretty decent and entertaining.
>>
What was the last good AVGN episode? Personally I think it went stale after the 4-part Castlevania series.
>>
>>249691321
>Robbaz or critikal
Mah nigga, only acceptable youtubers right there. Cr1tikal especially seems like a massive bro
>>
this thread is horrible.

and shows the true face of /v/
>>
>>249692507
AVGN's pretty much out of the kind of shitty old game that you can kind of gloriously revel in how bad it is.

We're just left with the "this is pretty shitty, but not offensively so, and this was par for the time"

I liked Board James but that's been axed apparently.

Mike's a pretty good artist but honestly I can't really stand his personality. Immature, crude humor can be funny but he doesn't hit the mark, scripted nor improv. Let's not get into MINEYCRAFTYA.

Rolfe is at his best when he's being largely informative with a bit of humor thrown in there when appropriate.
>>
I think I speak for most people when I say that whilst AVGN was funny at first, James is better when he's just being himself and talking rationally about the game. I really want the movie to be good, but logically I know it's going to be panned.
>>
>>249692418
(cont.)

penguinz0/cr1t1kal is hilarious. It's juvenile humor, but the guy is great. He donates all his youtube money to charity and just does it for fun. The guy's just plain great.

AlphaOmegaSin has an impressive collection and I feel like we'd get along, but the dude does rant with righteous indignation, and that can be annoying at times. He's good friends with smoothmcgooves in real life.

MassiveScore just has that hilarious Ouya unboxing video. The rest of his content is lackluster.

TheBestGamers/Loudhouse still sporadically put out content, and when they were making it, it was good stuff.

Cadicarus is alright, from what few videos of his I've watched.

Samtron married a Jap got pregnant and quit the internet. PushingupRoses is okay.

Fitzthistlewits is hilarious, but he hasn't made a new video in ages.

Mega64... Has a lot of funny videos, but I don't know, there's something too... hipster about their style, I can't explain it. They really dedicate themselves to staying in character, and there's an awkwardness to it for me because the pay off isn't always worth the awkwardness of the set up.

RedLetterMedia has tried to add a vidya themed show twice. Their first attempt was awful. Their second attempt is... moderately better.

scxr made some really, legitimately good, funny videos. I don't know why the guy isn't more popular. I check his channel from time to time, I think he's given up most of his ideas, but I really liked some of his reviews. Particularly the bargain bin reviews and his songs. That guy's got more talent than most youtube vidya players.
>>
Markiplier, off the top of my head.
>>
Allosaurus
MrBtoungue
Matthewmatosis
Arino
SuperBunnyhop
TB

I'm only subscribed to Errant Signal so I can laugh about how much of a pathetic faggot campster has become
>>
>>249693579
>Mike's a pretty good artist

He's not even that, all he's doing is latching onto James' success and trying to make a name for himself without having any talent whatsoever. The only times I can stand him is when he's in a non-speaking guest role like Jason Vorhees in one of the early episodes
>>
Autism the thread

>muh reviews and let's plays
>>
James' wife is a SJW vegan and her eating habits caused their baby to nearly die. During an argument over that James lost his temper and beat the shit out of her. She moved out and got a restraining order against him and abandoned their baby too.
So James is living in his house raising a sickly baby that probably won't live to see two years. He spends his days and nights just playing retro video games, only showers when Mike comes over to help him take care of the baby, and gets his groceries delivered online. He hasn't left his house in months.
>>
I watch
AVGN get over it
Lord Karnage
JonTron
Adam Korilak?
grumps
Gamester81
And that's all folks.
>>
>>249692561
Why is Arino even on this list?
>>
That niggas funny when if you smoke weed
>>
>>249693887
Mike is one of the reasons James is still able to do nerd vids. Where do you think he got most of his consoles??
>>
>>249694124
James's child is dead, anon. He updated about it on Cinemassacre last month.
>>
File: DaSphantomPains.jpg (117 KB, 324x485) Image search: [Google]
DaSphantomPains.jpg
117 KB, 324x485
>>
>>249694354
>Defending Mike Matei
>Ever
>mineycraft
>>
>>249692051
All hail.
>>
>>249694208
>gaming related e-celeb

Are you having problems ?
>>
>>249694552
Even James says it in his behind the scenes videos. Mike's okay, he just rambles.
>>
>>249694552
mike might be a giant fag that ruined the mario paint video, but at least he helps out james
>>
File: the truth.png (2 MB, 1686x1258) Image search: [Google]
the truth.png
2 MB, 1686x1258
>>249692561
>>
>>249694106
What's autistic about LPs? If anything, autists would hate LPs.
>>
>>249694630
Yea, Gamecenter is a TV show. Not Youtube bullshit.
>>
>>249694760

forget cwc, oh well
>>
>>249694376
That explains why his spirits seem to have improved and he finally got off his ass and finished the damn movie.
>>
Mike Matei is a human being with his own feelings. I'm sure deep down, if you reach deep inside him, you will find a smidgen of humanity. But for now we can only see the beast.
>>
>>249694630
>Arino
>e-celeb

He's an irl celeb, butt for brains.
>>
JonTron
Jerma985
BirgirPall
Mega64
GoronCity
NerdCubed
SammyClassicSonicFan
TheAmazingBrando
Dunkey
Vinesauce (joel's channel and main channel only)
Rushnerd
>>
oh man, i FUCKING LOVE CLASSIC GAME ROOM OH MA GAAAAAAAAD
>>
>>249694760
Peanutbutter is not that bad. Apart from minecraft shit, his tastes in vidya are pretty gud and he's not always a meme spouting faggot.
>>
>>249692561
why nostalgia critic? he's not about vidya at all
>>
>>249694893
Liking anything is taboo to 4chan purists. Its all about the internet attitude that "old fags" find hold sacred. Hide, report, etc.
>>
>>249694124
>>249694376
I cant believe this,sorry.
James is actually a really cool guy who has good taste in movies.
>>
>>249690857
His wife is a retard.
>>
>>249694760
>Hating C&I
>Hating Yahtzee
>Hating Errant Signal
>Hating Matthewmatosis
>Liking JonTron
>>
>>249690251
JonTron
Cr1tikal

That's all I got, I watch more movie related stuff like RLM or YMS than vidya stuff.
>>
do you guys watch
that one video gamer?
hes okay i guess if you are bored.
theres projared too.
>>
File: absoluigi disgusting.jpg (9 KB, 243x367) Image search: [Google]
absoluigi disgusting.jpg
9 KB, 243x367
>>249694630
>arino
>e-celeb
>>
Best Friends Play
Retsupre
Chip and Ironicus
Dunkey
JonTron
>>
>>249695293
HABEEB IT!
>>
>>249695293
Mike Matei, furious by the unwarranted criticism his Minecraft video recieved, drowned the child of James Rolfe in his sink. With James on the verge of a spiral into depression, Mike is positioned to conquer all of Cinemassacre and finally show the world just how hilarious he is.
>>
gamerlogi has the greatest vidya channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/unleadedlogic/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=dd
>>
>>249694981
I don't think anyone thinks he's a bad person.

It's just that when it comes to humor he falls so flat he crashes through to the floor below him. He's that friend you like but want to punch every time he tries to make a joke
>>
File: 1351185122508.jpg (74 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1351185122508.jpg
74 KB, 640x480
>>249691194
explain to me again why TB is bad? I honestly dont get the hatred for him on /v/. When bioshock infinite came out and almost everyone including /v/ was so hyped to shit about it claiming it was the best thing ever, TB was one of the few reviewers that i watches who were actually sceptical about it and its gameplay. He also complains about unfinished games, missing features that should be there and so on...
The only reason I can think of why /v/ hates his is because he is "mainstream" and popular and that reddit likes him.
>>
why would anyone want to watch darksydephil?
did he get banned from twitch yet?
>>
File: reviewer chart.png (2 MB, 1686x1258) Image search: [Google]
reviewer chart.png
2 MB, 1686x1258
fuck me for knowing as many of these people as I do
>>
>>249695535
Jesus fuck, the movie isn't even out yet, spoiler that shit
>>
>>249695572
>HURRRHURURRR MINEYCRAP! AHAHA AM I FUNNY YET?

If I knew where Mike lived I would straight-up fucking murder him. Slowly.
>>
>>249690957
Sure, if you want to watch a guy whose entire subscriber base is comprised of a few dozen /vr/ faggots. Find someone with 1K subs and then we will talk.
>>
>>249695637

This is a really dumbed down/ incomplete picture, but it mostly boils down to ego/narcissism.
>>
>>249695350
he seems to have good taste, jhontorn,avg, and arino are the best there is also (wtf is arino doing on that list he has a tv show) Also i feel the yogs are great people, even more so sips who is not on that list.
>>
File: nick.jpg (180 KB, 644x814) Image search: [Google]
nick.jpg
180 KB, 644x814
I love watching Day9. His personality is awesome, and him being terrible with anything but SC2 is hilarious.
>>
>>249695637
His material is OK but he's an absolute cunt in real life, the opposite of Mike Matei.
>>
ThatOneVideoGamer was pretty good but I havent watched him in a while. Won arkam city off a stream raffle of his
>>
Does nobody here like SSohPKC (Seamus)?

Come on, he's easily one of the best
>>
>>249690251
tbfp
giant bomb
mega 64

you are stretching it if you go to other places
>>
i watch old game grumps before danny joined and fucked it up, and i watch jontron, even though he tries too hard sometimes he's pretty fucking hilarious. new avgn fucking sucks, the old videos felt like they had passion put into them, now he's just doing it to keep the youtube money coming in. so i watch old school avgn. total buisict is a pretty thorough reviewer and gives a good insight into game theory, i dont understand why /v/ hates him so much, maybe cause he's a douche in real life. that's about it. i used to watch egoraptor but after watching game grumps i realize he fucking sucks at everything he does, and he hasn't made a new awesome in years and he never will again because he's just riding the gg cash cow. retsupurae also used to be funny when they used to rip on billy and all those old lpers, now everything they do sucks. that's about it.
>>
>>249695350
>Hating Yahtzee

ZP used to be funny but every episode seems tired and dull now. The concept has been stretched beyond breaking point and there's really nothing new he can do with it except stagnate, which is exactly what's happening
>>
>>249695989
Lol get your stupid Creature shit out of here.
>>
>>249690251

AVGN is the best. Stay pleb, OP.
>>
>>249695757
you must have tons of scars from cutting yourself on that edge
>>
>>249696092

but i don't even like the creatures, just Seamus.
Have you even watched him?
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 388x388) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 388x388
DSP's "this is how you don't play" compilations are pretty funny. His actual videos are more of an acquired taste.
MrBTongue is great and informative
Ulillillilia is awkward in an adorable way and I always enjoy like watching his stuff
Shokio and GameXplain are pretty good if you are into Nintendo.
RyonaNiTV is good if you are a pervert
>>
>>249695948
yeah hes pretty fun just too watch, has pretty good taste. Also does /v/ hate the yogs just because they are popular? why do they like john then? I mean i watch john too but I feel the yogs are great guys and just because they became popular doesn't mean they show be hated. I started watch gamegrumps and holy shit i kinda fucking hate them, they are a bunch of feminist retards.
>>
File: 1340378779644.gif (126 KB, 473x235) Image search: [Google]
1340378779644.gif
126 KB, 473x235
Mechagamezilla
MathewMatosis
Lord Karnage
Mr Shizno
Preach
>>
>>249695637
TB is a fucking asshole, watch the yogs if you want cool British guys.
>>
MatthewMatosis is unparalleled as far as in-depth critiques go. His videos on the Metal Gear series, the 3D Zeldas, and his stellar Dark Souls II and Bioshock Infinite takedowns are must sees.

Everyone is always asking about the videogame equivalent to RLM. MatthewMatosis is the closest we have, there's not humor but the same kind of sharp insight and in-depth analysis.

Also gotta give props to Super Bunnyhop, George seems like a super cool guy and his videos are always a great watch.
>>
>>249696185
I have, he just does lets plays and complains about shit in the game. He's not really funny either.
>>
>>249696427
This guy knows what's up
>>
>>249696275
>DSP's "this is how you don't play" compilations are pretty funny.
Those aren't his. They're compilations from others. DSP hates those compilations.

>His actual videos are more of an acquired taste.
His actual videos are boring as sin and unfunny as hell.
>>
>>249695948
Im surprised hes not as popular as the others. even projared has over 1 mill subs.
>>
>>249696427
MatthewMatosis is a cynical autist, fuck right off.
>>
>>249696574
>2008
>not monetizing your content
Are you dense? Movie critics get paid, lit critics get paid, art critics get paid, but game critics cant because it's "someone elses work?"
>>
>>249696574
>facecam
Dropped.
>>
File: diehappy.jpg (11 KB, 170x213) Image search: [Google]
diehappy.jpg
11 KB, 170x213
You should check out my LP's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUlL38PqRjI

inb4 shilling-- I'm not about to monetize my commentary on somebody else's work.
>>
>>249695661
gamegrumps are fucking awful.
lol wyemns this and respect the wyemens in fucking videos games. At least the yogs dont give a flying fuck, lewis even said he wanted more hot bitches for fans when he was drunk in a live stream and said all the women yogscasts they have are shit.
>>
Two Best Friends
ProtonJon (but outside of The Runaway Guys, everything he does these days is on twitch)
Game Grumps purely because I've stuck with it thuse far.
Jesse Cox
Yahtzee's channel where he does an hour-long episode once a week with his friend Gabriel and they taking about gaming news
>>
>>249695637
>When bioshock infinite came out and almost everyone including /v/ was so hyped to shit about it
This is just plain bullshit

Totalbiscuit makes videos that offer no informational value over a quick look through the first page of a google search.
In itself this wouldn't be a problem, if he wasn't such a raging douche with a big fucking ego.
Then, he makes every fucking video way longer than it has to be by talking about some shit no one should care about.
That, and the whole angry british guy schtick has been before, better, and by someone who doesn't talk in a way that instantly makes them unlikable.
>>
>>249696975
Not allowed to post Youtube videos on /v/ since a few mods decided that all videos are shilling.
It is a ban worthy offence.
Because you know.
You are a shill no matter what here.
>>
>>249696427
I love Matthew Matosis because he actually supports his claims and his are the epitome of objective.
>>
My favorite show/podcast is the Happy Videogame Nerd, now known as Stop Skeletons from fighting. The guy is really cool and knowledgeable about games.
>>
File: seriousbusiness.jpg (22 KB, 367x250) Image search: [Google]
seriousbusiness.jpg
22 KB, 367x250
>>249696770
>>249696825

Sorry, thought I had posted the link with a timestamp, so I deleted that first post.
>>
>>249696975
See >>249696825.
>>
>>249695757
>this is for my 4chan brethren.
Drop the act, kid.
>>
Just remember AVGN will be in Oaks pa this weekend. There will also be a great indie showcase *inserted shameless plug*
>>
File: whydoiknowthesemorons.jpg (2 MB, 1686x1258) Image search: [Google]
whydoiknowthesemorons.jpg
2 MB, 1686x1258
>>249692561
>>
>>249697116
?
I've read the rules and it's not on there anywhere. Maybe i'm just an illiterate monkey?
>>
>>249696421
>>249695883
>>249695862
is there a video of him going mental/ being an absolute cunt? he does sometimes have cunty comments, but has he really done something only a complete asshole would do ? What youre saying still doesnt seem to me like a reason to mark him as the ultimate asshole
>>
>>249697116
Wait what? I can't post a song now?
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 956x704) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 956x704
>Inexpensive Jew(Video Game Fun Time)
>Matthewmatosis
>JonTronShow
>Fitzthislewits
>Flimsii
>Shaliek
>Super bunnyhop
>Lepy
>KSI
>MrBtongue
>Caddicarus
>Brutalmoose
>Videogamedunkey
>>
Why does avgn's youtube account so low? I mean didnt he start this shit? shouldn't he have 5 4 million subs like the yogs? or do most people just go too his website?
>>
Why don't you faggots like Angry Joe? He's entertaining and I usually agree with him.
>>
File: triggerwarning.jpg (115 KB, 698x534) Image search: [Google]
triggerwarning.jpg
115 KB, 698x534
>>249697202

Yeah, I saw your post.
>>
>>249697316
>JonTron green
You really do like LeRage faces and other memes in your videos don't you.
your leddit is showing.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (57 KB, 486x618) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
57 KB, 486x618
LGR is great
Cr1tikal is great
Robbaz is great
Ports Center is great
TheSw1thcer is great
StopSkeletons has a gem or 2
Ashens is fun to watch
Jon Tron is only good by himself anyone that tells you he was good in game grumps with that shit head arin and is trap gf is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>249697414
His best videos are old as shit. What's the point in subscribing?
>>
>>249692561
Anyone who knows who anyone of these people are deserve to die horribly
>>
>>249692418

Comparing Spoony's old videos to his new ones is pretty painful.

It's also weird how back then he seemed like a completely normal guy, rather than a neurotic pasty weirdo with bad hair. I think the fact that he had an actual job and dealt with, uh, normal people, instead of the freaks at conventions and shit showed in his work...

I dunno man, kinda makes me bummed out to think that there will never be something from him as good of quality as like... Phantasmagoria 2
>>
its not a commentator but this series is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEQLcSvjLbA
>>
>>249697319
>>249697348
Not a posted rule, but they see these threads and bring down the ban hammer. I have been banned multiple times for just linking to YT. Its a 3 day ban.
>>
>>249697000
That's what decides who is and isn't good?
>>
Northern lion Live Super Show is pretty decent IMHO.
>>
>>249697316
Are you fucking cancer, how the fuck do you rate arino lower than a fucking youtube channel. Arino is a actual fucking star with his own tv series. He better than all these shitheads.
>>
somecallmejohnny is pretty great in my opinion, he gives interesting retrospectives on games, imagine avgn without all the cursing and filler.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw2Js6pSN6o
>>
>>249697672
Fuck off.
>>
>>249697554
Never been on Reddit, he doesn't do that in his newer stuff.
>>
>>249697148
I love how he can talk about games on a high level without resorting to ephemeral nebulous bullshit about ludology and ludonarrative dissonance like Extra Credits and Campster are always going on about. Matthew sticks to the actual game mechanics, nothing more, and still manages to be a million times more insightful than all the pseduo intellectual faffery out there.
>>
ReviewTechUSA
HappyVideoGameNerd
Rage Select
StormDainProduction
Wiiviewr
LazyGameReviews
ProJared
Rockcock64

have fun
>>
>>249697095
nah, im pretty sure I remember seeing posts praising Bioshock infinite here , although it is true i might have it mixed up with all that elisabeth waifu bullshit which the entire board was plagued by at the time. There was a shift however when errant signal and matthewmatosis made those videos and people started to post them here and the generaly opinion of the game changed, though that happend months after the release
>>
>>249697662
>>249692418
Spoony's Ultima stuff was pretty cool though, even if Ultima 9's review was a bit skit heavy, but you can feel for him, Ultima is probably the most raped franchise by EA.
His new ultima video was way too fucking weird though, why did he have to dance

Is his Ripper Playthrough fun? I only watched a few episodes but it seemed boring, or atleast nowhere near Phantasmagoria 2
>>
File: gfs_46663_2_3[1].jpg (12 KB, 450x357) Image search: [Google]
gfs_46663_2_3[1].jpg
12 KB, 450x357
>>249690251
have you seen his plumbers wear ties episode?
>>
>>249692561
>Neo-/v/ knows who all of these people are
>Is familiar enough with their work to give them some kind of ranking

Jesus Christ, summer only just started, how can there be so many kids here? If you're an adult you shouldn't know a SINGLE person on that list.
>>
File: 1403472415109.png (2 MB, 1686x1258) Image search: [Google]
1403472415109.png
2 MB, 1686x1258
>>249692561
Definitive list, and if you disagree you're a jackass
>>
1403472415109.png
2 MB, 1686x1258
>Not posting the superior version
>>
File: games.png (2 MB, 1686x1258) Image search: [Google]
games.png
2 MB, 1686x1258
>>249692561
>>
>>249697740
TV is just youtube for people who don't want to go looking for stuff themselves. It's dying for a reason.

Matthew at least is the hero gaming needs, I admit the others greens are mostly guilty pleasures.
>>
>>249696616
The thing about DSP is he is the only let's player I know that does full playthroughs of both new and oldschool games with commentary and uploads new content almost everyday. Other channels either don't do full playthroughs, take a long time to upload new videos, or only do new AAA releases and nothing else.

And he's pretty decent at fighting games
>>
>>249698256
How can you not like Chip and Ironicus?
>>
Cr1tikal
>>
>>249697414
Because he plays and talks about old shit that doesn't appeal to the kids who flock to these other guys in droves.
>>
>>249698317
I haven't had cable for seven years and honestly, I'm starting to miss just being able to turn on the TV when I get home from work and not actively seeking and choosing something to watch.
>>
>>249698202

How fucking dense are you? Anyone who frequents this board will easily know half of them, even if just by name.

Are you seriously claiming you've never once heard of Totalbiscuit, "oldfag"?
>>
>>249698474
>pretty decent at fighting games
go to bed, phil
>>
>>249698256
>Mecha and Mathewmatosis negative
>Totalbitchtits positive

GEE I WONDER WHICH COUNTRY YOU ARE FROM
>>
File: gqvt1gxw.jpg (476 KB, 1686x1258) Image search: [Google]
gqvt1gxw.jpg
476 KB, 1686x1258
there
>>
>>249698583
Believe me, it's still all trash. I turn my TV on in the background sometimes.. there's literally nothing on 99% of the time. The few good things on TV are series that you might as well download.
>>
>>249698630
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqYHVFIDSbc
>>
Fitz is actually Mechagamezilla, go check his channel.
>>
>>249692418
How about chipcheezum?
>>
>>249698202
I'm >>249697316

I've been here since 2005.
>>
Archengeia

His final fantasy reviews are detailed and beautiful, if long winded.
>>
>>249698873
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbs2V0smvHE
>>
>>249698760
>Spoony
>Anything but complete garbage
He's made 2 decent reviews in his entire life.
>>
>>249698891
Mecha wrote Fitz's jokes check out Flimsii's channel.They're even talking to eachother in that video
>>
>>249698695
USA,
I have nothing against Irish people.
I just don't find those guys to be entertaining at all.
>>
>>249693579
Actually, I find his Cinemassacre's Monster Madness stuff to be the best stuff he has done. He loves horror movies with just as much passion as he loves Godzilla movies.
>>
File: 1402755252049.gif (3 MB, 304x332) Image search: [Google]
1402755252049.gif
3 MB, 304x332
>giving positive to Doug "Please gibe 200k for a cameras we don't even know how to use and my wife is a whale and we're not doing it" Walker
>>
>>249699127
All he does now is talk shit, he even talks shit on his fans. I love it.
>>
Informative:
matthewmatosis
Super Bunnyhop
ErrantSignal (when he isn't completely pulling shit out of his ass)
Fun:
JonTron
Mega64 sometimes
>>
>>249691321
I don't know which one is more retarded -robbaz or sorcererdave. One of them makes shit skyrim videos and talks to his sea creature something-wathever. He clearly thinks he is funny. And the other role plays.
>>
File: Spoopy.jpg (75 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
Spoopy.jpg
75 KB, 620x465
>>249699175
The book one he's doing is pretty cool, the last episode was plenty spooky
>you will never hang out with James and listen to his scary stories by a campfire
>>
1403472415109.png
2 MB, 1686x1258
>>249692561
>>
>>249698474
>The thing about DSP is he is the only let's player I know that does full playthroughs of both new and oldschool games with commentary and uploads new content almost everyday.
He has done more newer releases nowadays over older releases. Given the choice between an older or a newer title, he'll probably go with the newer title unless he holds a grudge against the genre. DSP's daily and numerous videos are a blatant grab for cash as well; by releasing ten or twenty ten-minute videos in a single day, he can accrue more money than if he were to release three or four hour-long videos instead.

>Other channels either don't do full playthroughs, take a long time to upload new videos, or only do new AAA releases and nothing else.
That's because other channels know how to pace themselves. They do what they're interested in, not just whatever is new. They also release videos slowly so as not to bombard their subscribers with content.

>And he's pretty decent at fighting games
Used to be, but even then he was hardly on a professional level. And now he's just even worse.

>>249699175
I can tell you now that the AVGN movie will be better than any TGWTG movie collaboration simply because James knows the conventions of movie making and film history. He probably took some classes in college.
>>
>>249698873
>Hyper SF2
Holy shit some scrubs got far in a tourney for a game that nobody played, who saw it coming?
>>
I watch and listen to alot of roosterteeth stuff
probably because i've followed it all for so long
>>
1403472415109.png
2 MB, 1686x1258
>>249692561
So much shit taste in this thread
>>
I WATCH TEH GOOMP GAMS
>>
>>249696975
Nice R&S shirt dude.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1kuT2_Oiqco3uCUdpp4-Dw
UnfairReviews
I also just found out that he also has a separate lets play channel
>>
>>249697669
this OP
>>
File: neov.jpg (77 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
neov.jpg
77 KB, 640x960
>>249698618
Of course not? Why the hell would I?

I'm assuming he's that fat faggot with the shaggy hair and "le epic facial expressions ;^)"that gets posted every five fucking minutes by you retards?

Honestly, I want neo-/v/ to go. I want /v/ back, I can stand all the other bullshit memes the kids bring but the e-celebrity nonsense HAS to stop. It should be deleted on sight.
>>
I like

BrutalMoose
ProJared
JonTron
>>
>>249699608
peoplewillfallforit/10
>>
>>249699423
I wonder if James is one of those people where you invite him to go ghost hunting and says yes right off the bat. I can totally see him be that kind of person.
>>
>>249699608
This is what leddit believes.

Enjoy your rageface vids. Don't forget to upvote and like
>>
>>249699397
faggot
>>
>>249699792

Probably. I live in Jersey too, there's a lot of old abandoned mental hospitals that were never demolished. He'd probably be down to explore one at midnight if he didn't have a family now.
>>
>>249699717
>not realizing OP is AVGN
>>
>>249697316
>likes Game Grumps
>hates Pewdiepie

Some please explain why you hate and like people who do the same shit
>>
The faggotry that these kinds of threads reveals saddens me. You ware watching faglords play videogames, what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
File: 1349559676689 -.jpg (115 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1349559676689 -.jpg
115 KB, 600x500
>>249692561
>there will never be another purepwnage

Fuck time to end life
>>
File: totalbiscuit in a nutshell.gif (79 KB, 600x168) Image search: [Google]
totalbiscuit in a nutshell.gif
79 KB, 600x168
Ok lets all agree to agree here, totalbiscuit may be a huge asshole and is mentally not quite well. But despite that you gotta give the guy credit for his honest reviews and telling whats wrong withing the world of gaming. Also he is PC gamer fanatic. So he may be a dick but at least he is the best you can get out of a sea of huge le meme tier youtubers. Trust me i also think TB is a asshole how he treats his fans sometimes but at least he provides some decent stuff
>>
File: rich.jpg (117 KB, 500x407) Image search: [Google]
rich.jpg
117 KB, 500x407
>>249699707

Thanks, my man.
>>
>>249694760
>dunkey
>one
you have no taste
>>
>>249696052
You and I would go along fine.
>>
>>249700112
I don't really get the whole like, Hearthstone streaming or competitive DOTA/Starcraft stuff he does, but his WTF Is series is invaluable when making a purchasing decision, especially during steam sales.
>>
File: opinonions.png (2 MB, 1686x1258) Image search: [Google]
opinonions.png
2 MB, 1686x1258
>>249692561
Make way for me pretending people care about my shit opinions
>>
I uhh.. I watch Gadget Girl Kylie.
Right to the point, no bullshit, her opinions are on the game and gameplay, no SJW bullshit.
>>
>>249699994
There's a pretty clear difference. Game grumps usually does (pretty childish) wordplay and real life stories.
Pewdiepie just yells rape rape rape into a microphone in a silly voice.
>>
>nobody mentioned Boogie

Why? He's a pretty decent guy and most of his content is related to video games and the gaming industry
>>
File: my opinions.png (2 MB, 1686x1258) Image search: [Google]
my opinions.png
2 MB, 1686x1258
here
>>
>>249695139
>Peanutbutter is not that bad
oh i am laffin
>>
>>249694760
Shitty taste
>>
>>249700080
What else you want me to put on my second monitor while working?
>>
>>249700306

neither has dunkey
>>
>>249700112
holy shit is that real?
>>
>>249700580
>(pretty childish) wordplay
But that's what Pewdiepie does, they just sprout out childish unfunny bullshit. What's the difference?
>>
>>249700616
If you like Matthew watch Mecha too, you'll thank me later
>>
>>249700112
True. The only person with more respectable content to me is Mathewmatosis, but that's more in-depth stuff about games he happens to enjoy.
>>
File: 1387116606521.jpg (197 KB, 847x723) Image search: [Google]
1387116606521.jpg
197 KB, 847x723
>>249690251
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=821tdbomGHY&list=UUf-wy5Smt5ntReIOrrya3VA
>watching a ledditor over a /vr/ tripfag
Its the lesser of evils, but the correct choice.
>>
>>249700607
What he is saying is mostly true and he knows what he is talking about, only thing is he is fat and a fucking moralfag. Most of his viewers just watch him because they feel sad for him because he is fat. That itself is the most stupid thing to do to a fat guy. tell him he is fat and he needs to lose weight its not that hard its just a matter of discipline.
>>
>>249700792
There is none. there both for reddit tier audience.
>>
>>249700616

>diabetus scoring less than the completionist
>>
>>249700792
No, there's childish jokes and there's hyper-actively yelling swearwords into a mic with a silly voice.
>>
>>249698256
>rate le British man high and rate Irish bro low
Fuck off britshit
>>
>>249700607
I love boogs. I like people that can make fun of themselves
>>
>>249690995
i equate Totalbiscut with fraser from AVG. they both are total tools but its fun it bask in their rage
>>
>>249699509
>I can tell you now that the AVGN movie will be better than any TGWTG movie collaboration
>He probably took some classes in college.
James' life is pretty much movies, whether it's making or watching, it wouldn't be very surprising that he took film courses.

It also helps that few people at TGWTG have any kind of talent, let alone know how to make a movie, while James has been making movies his entire life. The makings of the TGWTG movies were, reportedly, a huge drama.
>>
>>249701098
>hyper-actively yelling swearwords with childish jokes into a mic with a silly voice
ftfy
>>
>>249699509
I wouldn't be too excited about the AVGN movie. Yeah it will be better than TGWTG movies, but it will still be shit. I like James's attitude toward the movie is "it will look cheesy, but that is the whole point and I am going to have fun making this movie" instead of "I am just making movies for the money."
>>
>>249701289
Alright, enjoy your black and white world and made up mind.
>>
>>249699959
Holy shit, I live in New Jersey too!
>>
>>249700492

iiiff i flipp da pizzas mr.aziz willl fliipp outtt
>>
>>249701254
I'm pretty sure James has a video on his site and YT channel that shows him in some sort of film class unless I'm mistaken and it was a class for something else.
>>
>>249694208
Japanese dsp
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1686x1258) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1686x1258
>>249692561
>>
>>249691676
>Matthewmatosis
Only correct answer
>>
>>249701110
What the fuck are you on?
Nationality means nothing, just because your countries shit doesn't mean I'm gonna hate their youtube channel.
>>
DarkSydePhil
>>
>>249701526

WOAAH HE STOLLE THAT GUYSS PIZZZAA!!!!
>>
>>249701648
Bro-tier

aside from Rock Cock and Critical
>>
>>249701551
"Rolfe attended the University of the Arts of Philadelphia from 1999 to 2004."
"He eventually took classes for hand-drawn animation at a university. From this class, Rolfe knew that his career was destined to be in the film industry."

Hm.

Apparently, he also played in a few bands. Seems like a cool guy to catch a beer with sometime.
>>
>not liking Critikal

He's one of the few who don't try to go "hurr i'm such a game developer look at me criticize this game and try to give you a lesson on video gaming!"
He actually plays and tries to enjoy the game. That I admire.
>>
Northernlion & The Northernlion Live Super Show

>Good voice
>Humble
>qt Korean girlfriend
>Uploads multiple hours of content every day
>Three-hour stream three days a week, uploads them to Youtube afterwards
>Tries hard to become skilled at games, listens to the audience, admits when he makes mistakes and poor plays
>>
>>249696427
Oh, now I remember. He did that 40 minute critique of Infinite and did a nice review about Uplink. Really cool guy.
>>
>>249701526
>>249701881
That mission's music makes me laugh every time I do not even understand how
>>
File: 1345010853081.jpg (139 KB, 579x527) Image search: [Google]
1345010853081.jpg
139 KB, 579x527
>>249694760
>VideoGamesAwesome
>Four stars
>>
File: 1336872123657.jpg (212 KB, 774x999) Image search: [Google]
1336872123657.jpg
212 KB, 774x999
>>249694760
>MDE
>video game related
FUCK, I FELL FOR THE BAIT, SHOULDN'T HAVE REPLIED BUT NO FUCK YOU, MDE IS FUNNY AND MAKES GOOD CONTENT
>>
>>249700616
>Ninjanomyx
>negative

you just jelly like betty spaghetti
>>
File: a4e2b52d3e[1].jpg (30 KB, 411x400) Image search: [Google]
a4e2b52d3e[1].jpg
30 KB, 411x400
>>249698147
I'll give you two words
VIRAL
MARKETING
>>
>>249701881
ttttheeeeessseeee piiiiizzzaaaaassss muuuuussstttt beeeeeee liquiiiiifiieeeeeed byyyyy noooooowwww
>>
File: 1336286600137.jpg (26 KB, 446x336) Image search: [Google]
1336286600137.jpg
26 KB, 446x336
christopher odd is the only guy i watch
>>
File: 1384981620726.png (614 KB, 600x847) Image search: [Google]
1384981620726.png
614 KB, 600x847
>>249703603
Nowadays I don't even see the glass or whatever that shit is, I just see Doritos.
>>
>>249703981
Piss colored Dorito glasses. Pretty much describes the game, not even a prequel to Deus Ex.
>>
>>249699608
The yogscast are really fun to watch asshole, gamegrups are fucking awful
>>
File: 8 (6).png (922 KB, 1010x599) Image search: [Google]
8 (6).png
922 KB, 1010x599
>>249690995
agreed
>>
johntorn,projared, the completionist,avgn, and the yogs for the most part. there, thats all the decent youtubers that aren't complete shit.
Arino shouldn't be on this list, its a disgrace.
>>
>>249690995
totalshit you mean.
>>
>>249690995

*tips top hat*
>>
DSP is a master of unintentional comedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhdbOu40vxY
>>
>>249690251
Game Grumps is great. Don't listen to the haters.
It's "cool" and "hip" to hate anybody who's perceived as popular. That's just a teenager thing. They'll get over themselves someday.
>>
>>249705240
If JonTron would put out a video per week, sure. But he doesn't even put out a video per month. As much as I love the guy, it's hard to stay interested when I keep forgetting he exists.

ProJared's also pretty good, but his original content has been getting lighter and lighter as well. Haven't seen a ProReview in a while, or even a 1-minute-review. It's just been E3 hands-on videos, which are cool, but not that entertaining.
Completionist and Beard Bros are great, as is Continue.
>>
>>249695158
you haven't been listening to what his game tastes are? He dislikes the metroid series because it has too much exploration and loves BioShock Infinite because of its linearity. He mostly does movie reviews but its plain to see that his game taste correlates to the movie experience. If he ever does a let's play again, a cinematic movie game would be the best thing for him to play.
>>
File: foor chainz board mascots.jpg (191 KB, 713x1560) Image search: [Google]
foor chainz board mascots.jpg
191 KB, 713x1560
well /v/?
>>
File: smugterada.jpg (60 KB, 500x753) Image search: [Google]
smugterada.jpg
60 KB, 500x753
>>249708594

/m/
>>
>>249707769
Im 23 and fucking hate gamegrumps, but i like and watch the yogscast, so this has nothing to do with them being popular. I think they are feminist scum and i just dont like them.
>>
>>249707769

Game Grumps was good when it was Jon and Arin. They had a really good chemistry together, and they were enjoyable to listen to even when they weren't actually talking about the game they were playing (most of the time, at least). It also helped that they seemed to be good friends even before they started Game Grumps, so they already had quite a history together.

But then Jon left, and Dan and Ross and Suzi came on, and they started branching off into Steam Train and Table Flip and such, and I feel like they've lost the spirit of the original Game Grumps. Arin rarely sounds as happy as he did with Jon, and Dan tends to segue off into completely random topics way too often and tries to force joke after joke. Ross isn't too bad, though, and neither is Suzi from what little I've heard of her.

I think if it were Arin and Ross more often, it might work better than when it's Arin and Dan, though. The two just don't seem that compatible when it comes to humor. Dan also doesn't seem to know a whole lot about video games, at least not as much as Jon or Arin did, and so it feels like he's just celebrating along with Arin when something good happens, or following Arin when something bad happens.
>>
>>249710372
Are the john and arin viedos still up? how did they even meet and why did they stop working together? I hate gamegrumps but i do like jon, why did he work with them?
>>
>>249710372

I say it every time, but I always saw Jon and Arin as two brothers who had to play together because mom and dad only bought one console. So they begrudgingly had fun, as brothers do. They even argued a lot and had different opinions.

Arin and Danny just feels like a friend who is over. Jon was never all that great at arguing his viewpoints on the fly, since he's always seemed the kind of guy who needs a minute to gather his thoughts, but at least he voiced his opinion. Danny pretty much never challenges Arin's opinions.
>>
>>249710901
>>249710372
From what i watched until i quit gg danny seemed like a beta who didn't want to make arin mad or doesn't understand him at all so he just goes with it and is uncomfortable fighting at all with him. I hated arins gg's retarded femmashit though and the user base is fucking awful, they are all fat sjws and white knights and normal fags. even the yogs dont have that type of shit.
>>
File: grumps daily reminder.png (51 KB, 1825x426) Image search: [Google]
grumps daily reminder.png
51 KB, 1825x426
>>249710901
Never forget
>>
>>249710795

Yeah, the old ones are still up.

As for the rest, I couldn't tell you. They both lived in California before Jon moved to New York, so maybe they found out they lived close enough to each other and just hit it off or something.

>>249710901

Yeah, I can agree with this. Conflict of that sort is much better (or at the very least, more entertaining) than bland acceptance.

Arin and Jon were 'grump' and 'not-so-grump', while Arin and Dan feels like 'grump' and 'yeah-sure-whatever'.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.