[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS3 because bored.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: PS3.jpg (22 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
PS3.jpg
22 KB, 640x360
So /v/ what is the best model of PS3 to softmod?

I like to tinker with older systems and I know these will get more rare with time. Particularly since no one console really had a super strong library emulation will likely take a long time if it ever even happens to any usable level.

Most that seem to be confirmed 3.55 or earlier seem to run about 200 dollars. I somewhat wonder if its better to grab one at a Gamestop and just return it if its too far updated. Or attempt to force a downgrade.
>>
Softmodding a ps3 on 3.55 or lower takes literally 5 minutes and all you do need to do is plug in a usb stick with cfw on it. If it's above 3.55 you need to open it up and downgrade. You aren't going to find one at gamestop that hasn't been upgraded.
>>
Are there any games with legitimately good 3D effect if I decide to get a 3D screen?
>>
>>320476271
Oh I know its easy. Just trying to figure out the best model in terms of capacity, typical price, and durability.

I know there are some that can not be downgraded. I'm fairly okay with the idea of downgrading though, I did PC repair for a living for awhile. I know some of those consoles have been sitting in Gamestop a long time though.

Just not sure the best way to get one. If I should pay the extra for a confirmed firmware or message sellers that don't list it. Ebay or something else. Reason I never got a new one is because of the limited as fuck library so I don't want to go too crazy buying a used one either.

>>320477084
3D is a load of shit dude. I'm one of the lucky ones that can see it very well, but it really goes unnoticed most of the time. Or it can be distracting. Or if you look the wrong way for a second it loses effect. Was nice on Jurassic Park though.
>>
>>320478183
I haven't kept up with the ps3 scene, but I'm pretty sure you still need to get something like an e3 flasher to downgrade which are like 70 dollarydoos.
>>
>>320478753
I've heard flashers aren't always needed. Its hard to find a good info source. Its a pity modding/emulating get limited when a console doesn't have a robust library, Xbox, Saturn, etc. Full of great hidden gems, but I guess I wouldn't bust ass to make something for a few games either.
>>
File: hdd.jpg (36 KB, 518x420) Image search: [Google]
hdd.jpg
36 KB, 518x420
Speaking of the PS3, what's the maximum capacity it can recognize for the internal hard drive? I know 1TB works, but will it read anything above that?
>>
>>320479273
In theory up to 2TB, but generally with 2.5in drives as they go past 1TB or more they get too fat to fit in most slots so the physical size of it may become the limit.
>>
So best place to look for a good model and the right firmware?
>>
>>320481142

Build a time machine and go back to the year 2010 then visit GameStop or any video game retailer
>>
>>320481753
I got shot by Libians what now?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.