[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's so rare seeing Armored Core on here, let's have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
It's so rare seeing Armored Core on here, let's have another thread.
>>
http://pastebin.com/BxJ44Hrr

What I've got of the 4A synopsis so far. I'll repost the last thing I put out too.

This is where it gets interesting:

ORCA is a sham. In fact, the whole ORCA brigade is actually nothing more than a front for Omer Science. ORCA received much of its funding and weapons and personnel from Omer Science. The ORCA brigade serves some several important purposes: first of all, it's to gather all the LYNX pilots with anti-League sentiments in one place where they could easily be monitored and controlled. There's a reason why a lot of the lower ranking guys in ORCA are terrorists, or people with a death wish, or independents that simply want fame and glory. The dangerous elements are contained, and if necessary, eliminated by being sent on suicide missions against the League. The Original Five of the ORCA Brigade are exceptions, as they all have ties to Omer. Thermidor, Malzel, and Shinkai (him using the Omer back booster on his NEXT really seals the deal here) were all formerly under the banner of Rayleonard. Julius Emery comes from Aspina, a subsidary of Omer. Neo Nidus is from Torus, which was formerly Akvavit, ally to Rayleonard during the Lynx War.

Omer sought to use the ensuing League vs ORCA conflict to benefit heavily. The League (sans Omer) would take heavy casualties in the ensuing battle, and when it had gone on enough, Omer would leak incriminating data and evidence to the ORCA brigade, blackmailing the other members of the League into not interfering with their activities as they cleared the assault cells. With the other corporations still reeling from the losses they suffered in the war, Omer would be in prime position to jump on the monopoly for space development, giving them the full control they sought within the League hierarchy. It was a plan to both maximize their profits, weaken their enemies, and remove dangerous elements all in one fell swoop.

Basically... everything sinister in 4A? The Jews were behind it.
>>
any people still playing verdict day on ps3 or xbox? I might get it again.

Why won't they just at least port that to PC, like dark souls?
>>
File: latest-9.jpg (93 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
latest-9.jpg
93 KB, 1366x768
>>320411771
This is why you vote independent.
>>
>>320411885
>Why won't they just at least port that to PC, like dark souls?
Because it sells like shit and it's not worth the trouble.
>>
>>320411885
Namco only wanted From for souls money, they couldn't give a fuck about AC, in fact having in their hands now eliminates competition against the gundam games in japan.
>>
>>320412118
I dare say the mecha genre is more popular among PC gamers.
>>
Last thread of awesome. Special thanks to lorekeepers and synopsis anons.
>>
>>320412410
was*
Kojima polluted my mind
>>
>>320411603
what are those wires for
>>
Posting best Armored Core tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ykG6lle8w
>>
>>320411771
"To treasure a life... is that something to laugh at? Everything is twisted... You... this world... Everything..."

Wynne is kind of a tragic figure in a way. She's the one pilot that shows the most moral fiber in 4A, and isn't just a dog of the corporation. She's fighting to protect the lives she can see, despite the fact that LYNX aren't even alllowed to live in Cradles. She's pretty intelligent, too, managing to find out Otsdarva's true identity. Unfortunately for her, in the grand scheme of things her actions are very selfish and foolish, especially on the ORCA path where she sincerely believes that Thermidor laid down his own life to fight for his ideals rather than faking his death like the pussy he is.
>>
>>320412595
Because edgy fanart and also reasons
>>
>>320412595
VOB linking wires?
>>
>>320412703
http://youtu.be/Cxg816ib59g

https://youtu.be/r4OvT1VdiKs

tfw no more electronic only AC gaems
>>
>>320411771
anyway, Strayed eventually gets involved in the whole ORCA vs League affair, but it's not really important since no matter the outcome it's implied that all the pre-V stuff happens anyway.

gonna take a lunch break before I get into that.
>>
>>320411771
oh shoot i just realized the paste doesn't exist

http://pastebin.com/Ze94tYvt

here
>>
>>320411885
It would be really awesome to get a pc release Of VD, was talking with a friend about this some time ago, it will make the online more enjoyable .

But as long as the controller forbids us from expanding to the pc, there is no hope.
>>
>>320413645
i'd kill for a PC release of armored core ANYTHING
>>
File: 1450132838456.jpg (56 KB, 565x518) Image search: [Google]
1450132838456.jpg
56 KB, 565x518
Old King was a hero. Suck my dick. Choke on it. Good night.
>>
Otsdarva was a faggot
>>
Happy Xmas, mercenaries. That was fun to spend almost whole day with you. Let`s hope that new AC or at least a good mecha game will be anounced in a new year. Thanks to OP for today`s threads.
>>
>>320415515
It's not often that an AC thread gets to autosage, that's for sure
>>
File: 1448134532618.jpg (32 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1448134532618.jpg
32 KB, 604x604
So has there been no Armored Core game in a long time? Or have they not been localized? I miss my mechs
>>
>>320415875
VD deployed on the 1st of september 2013 iirc. It hasn`t even been 3 years since the last game`s release.
>>
>>320415875
VD was barely two years ago. The problem is rather that no one seems to have any intention of picking the franchise back up, with Bamco sitting on the IP and the Souls games making far more money.
>>
>>320416296
Miyazaki says he's interested in getting back to Armored Core.

Right now it's competing with Tenchu for Miyazaki's next game, after Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>320416097
>>320416296

I wonder if VD is on PS Now because I completely forgot there is no AC on ps4 and gave away my ps3.
>>
>>320416570
I wouldn't be terribly upset if they did Tenchu before another AC. I don't play it, but hasn't it been MUCH longer since the last installment in that franchise?
>>
File: 1449518235924.png (427 KB, 600x639) Image search: [Google]
1449518235924.png
427 KB, 600x639
>start playing Silent Line
>okay, this is kind of fun
>defend solar power plant mission
>trying to shoot down fucking planes with my ground combat focused AC
>go underground
>tromping through endless tunnels trying to find another pocket of enemies
>run out of MG ammo, down to my last rockets, less than 500AP
>fuck this, I can do this better, let's respec and come back
>abort mission
>still get deducted ammo and repair fees

Nah, fuck that.
>>
>>320419258
Filthy casual.
>>
>>320419925

Fuck you. Now I have 2000ap and no parts except those on my AC, a shield an MG and a rocket launcher.

Well, I would have except I quit without saving. Next time I try (if there is a next time) I'll save beforehand so if I fail I can reload my save and repeat until I do good.

AC4 and FA understand that that's garbage and just let you retry at the end of a mission to improve your rank. And those games actually handle relatively well. If I'm going to handle these clunky fuckers then I need some leeway.
>>
This thread reminds me of the armored core general, aka 'bump general'.
>>
>>320421405
wow, mean
>>
>>320422032

>implying it's not 100% accurate

Except maybe the occasional scrimmage or waifu dump.

Do you guys still do scrimmages even? the one I played in was fun
>>
Are there any insanely fast and fun mecha games like armored core for PC? I need my fix and am running our of games
>>
>>320422681
Strike Zero and Project Nimbus come to mind, but the former isn't even similar to AC and the latter is early access bullshit.
>>
Daily reminder that Miyazaki killed all hope for a future AC with his atrocious 4.
Fuck this hack.
>>
>>320423167

4 was fine. Although For Answer was certainly an improvement over 4.
>>
File: ULJS00321_00051.png (616 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
ULJS00321_00051.png
616 KB, 1360x768
>>320422681
Emulate Macross games! The fastest mecha action out there!
>>
I used to love the series, but I just couldn't get interested in any of the PS3 entries. The increased focus on multiplayer and diminished customization options didn't sit well with me.
>>
>>320420352
gittu gudo
>>
>>320423546
Are the ACE games any good for emulation?
>>
Saddest day, I accidentally wiped my image folder for PS2 gayms, and can't play Silent Line. FML.
>>
>>320425297
Yep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWA3u2hTBXk
>>
File: 1448697180084.png (289 KB, 532x401) Image search: [Google]
1448697180084.png
289 KB, 532x401
>all versions of Dark Souls 1/2 are pure English VAed
>From are giant westaboos so the writing and grammar isn't bad
>next AC if it happens will still have a half-assed translation that loses things in translation
>tfw

At this point all I want is a HD collection on PC with maybe a better translation.

I'm hoping the few callbacks and references to AC in DaS and Bloodborne means there is hope for a new game.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.