[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what's everyone's deal with vaatividya? Watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: bloodborne_ps4.0_cinema_960.0.jpg (148 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne_ps4.0_cinema_960.0.jpg
148 KB, 960x540
So, what's everyone's deal with vaatividya? Watched just a couple of his videos, and didn't think they were anything special. Why all the hate?
>>
>>320322350
Nobody legit hates him.
I think soulsfags just get slightly annoyed when they try to have fun speculating on the game's vague lore, and some faggot needs to jump in and go "NUH-UH THATS NOT WHAT VAATI SAYS"
>>
He's a plagiarist.

His "ideas" on the games's lore and story are mostly lifted from lesser-known members of the community. This becomes very apparent when he tries to freestyle his own lore videos without preexisting theories/videos to watch first.

His videos are mostly comprised of trashy "10 things you didn't know about your Dark Souls instruction booklet" and other useless topics.

He's an obvious shill and basically just an extension of Bamco's marketing department at this point.

A lot of people take offense to the absurd amount of money he makes on Patreon compared to the work he actually does.

He has great and unique opportunities to engage/build upon the Souls community but he instead just keeps circlejerking with his buddies and promoting them.

His videos are loved by people who barely even play the games to begin with which leads to a large amount of people regurgitating his theories, comments and content overall since they have no thoughts or opinions of their own on the subject.

I'm sure there are other things to bitch about like how his popularity started by ripping off ideas from /dsg/ and so on.
>>
faggin it up gets you the peenor
>>
>>320322350
People hate him because a lot of his theories are stolen straight from /vg/, and he has a large fanbase that take "his" theories as fact and then when they talk to other people about the lore they in turn refer to Vaati's stuff as absolute truth.

It goes the other way as well, I've seen people get very angry for thinking that Henryk could be Viola's father because there is no "proof" and it's just crap Vaati made up.

But it's a fair assumption to make, there's a few hints he is, and nothing to suggest he isn't. Obviously you can never state it as fact, but it's still a valid and supported theory.
>>
this game is fags
>>
>>320322609
Honestly, the only guy Souls lore YouTuber I can't stand is SilverMont. "I'm going to pronounce the character's names completely wrong even though they've said it in the game, and even spelled it in the subtitles."
>>
>>320322350
The only lore guy i can stand is enb because he doesn't do lore anymore. He's the OG father of darksouls lore videos though and he's pretty insightful
>>
>>320322350
Isn't he the guy that tried to make up lore based on Dark souls 2 having Shitty textures in some area?
>>
>>320324142
Don't recall that one. I just knew I had to stop listening when he kept pronouncing Ciaran, as "See-arr-eh" when he had just said her name was pronounced "Keer-en." Its like, if you're just going to make up your own names, how am I supposed to believe any of your lore speculation when you just clearly are making up your own shit? Isn't the lore supposed to be founded on evidence and details in the game, instead of what you are pulling out of your ass? It's the small things like that that bug me. Im autistic as fuck, I know.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p52hLLQsV8A
>>
>>320323637
How dare you, SilverMont is cute! CUTE!

Really though, I like his lore videos but his pronunciation does slip at times though, yeah.
>>
>>320324835
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p52hLLQsV8A
>>
>>320323323
>>320323380
pretty much this.

I still laugh at his video about Priscilla thou
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMqCTR5OKeM
>>
>>320323380
>>320323323
>brings all the theories from nobodies into one big melting pot of a video
>everything I'd need to know is on his channel
Wow that seems really convenient
>>
>>320322350
Because hes a faggot with a really uncomfortable voice, stolen theories and contextually manhandles lore that he had no effort in crafting.
>>
>>320325280
It's only funny because he keeps making his forced soothing voice while talking about her.

Also
>That one video where he talks about memes and reccomends 4chan as a community
>>
File: 098645245625.jpg (216 KB, 1050x438) Image search: [Google]
098645245625.jpg
216 KB, 1050x438
>>320325502
Fuck off vaati
>>
>>320322350
Plagiarism.
>>
>>320322350
Because he ended up making money by taking a bunch of fan theories from /v/ and touting them on his youtube like they were his own. Once /v/ stopped feeding him fan theories to leech off of, he just started making shit up.

He still gets tons of money off Patreon just to recite a bunch of video game lore, it's fucking retarded. Then again, not sure why I haven't gotten into Patreon if it's that easy to rip people off.
>>
>>320326087
>Donate to my Patreon to watch me devour this entire pizza
>Student loans magically disappear
>>
How is Epic Name Bro different?
>>
Because I think anybody who wastes time talking about Souls 'lore' is a fucking retard. And I say this with Dark Souls being my favorite action RPG of the entire last generation.
>>
he's fine you guys are just jealous
>>
>>320328305
Go home, Vat.
>>
Odeon is obviously the blood itself, it's obvious if you paid any sort of attention
>>
>>320328736
Sure. Why?
>>
>>320328973
Odan has no form blood has no form to it right?

Oden is really important to the Healthy Catholics who use blood as medicine and Holy Crackers during service.

Thus we have that Odin is worswhipped like a god (All the Old Ones are worshipped as profits) and thus blood is formless like the formless body that Ogden possesses.

Did you even play the game dude?
>>
>>320328973

"Writhe" sees a subtle mucous in the warmth of blood, and acknowledges visceral attacks as one of the darker hunter techniques. Visceral attacks restore Quicksilver Bullets.
Human or no. the oozing blood is a medium of the highest grade, and the essence of the formless Great One, Oedon.
Both Oedon, and Oedon's inadvertent worshippers, surreptitiously seek the precious blood."

"The Great One Oedon, lacking form, exists only in voice, and is symbolized by this rune. Those who memorize it enjoy a larger supply of Quicksilver Bullets."

"This rune resonates with servants of the Queen, carrier of the Child of Blood, who yearn for their Queen's blood with little hope of requitement."

Its hinted several times that Mergo is Oedon's "lost" child, the child of Yarnham nicknamed Child of Blood by Pthumerians. Pthumerians were the ones that worshipped blood and oedon at the same time. Every oedon rune has to do with either blood itself, or one of its manifestations (quicksilver bullets, made with blood).

Oedon is said to be formless and to talk through the blood. Liquid is formless, and blood is ubiquitious.
>>
>>320329447
10/10 liked, favorited, subscribed, upvoted, kindled this channel on patreon

>>320329561
fuck off ENB shill your shitty inaccurate guide somewhere else
>>
>>320329767

Triggered as fuck, can't handle the truth
>>
Vaatividya might have the most faggoty voice in all of Youtube

he tries to come across as a BBC Radio 4 screenplay but just sounds like a paedophile almost single-handedly destroying his videos
>>
>>320322350
I love him, I wouldn't know shit about souls lore if it wasn't for his video's where his summarizes it in an interesting way. 99% of the time I just think lore is for autists.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.