[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Those Empty Victories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: 1449445304181.jpg (15 KB, 464x351) Image search: [Google]
1449445304181.jpg
15 KB, 464x351
>Play Punch-Out on the Wii after not playing it for a few months.
>Left off on Bald Bull title bout
>spend over 2 hours trying to beat him
>Getting pumped as every failed attempt grows the flame of my burning spirit
>Third round
>One more super punch to take Bull down
>Mac is at just a centimeter of health
>If I can dodge this combo I will win
>Bell rings
>Mac wins by decision
>I will never get to have that true victory now

What moments in vidya have just been empty for you?
>>
>>320146103
>wins by decision don't count
Fuck you Pacquiao. Mayweather beat you fair and square, get over it.
>>
File: 1RM3JudithCut.jpg (67 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1RM3JudithCut.jpg
67 KB, 960x640
>Finish Tales of Vesperia after almost two weeks
>Sit back during the credits knowing I'll never experience those same two weeks with the game again

Vesperia was fucking great.
>>
File: 1428769256604.gif (911 KB, 171x141) Image search: [Google]
1428769256604.gif
911 KB, 171x141
>>320146103
>Play Undertale
>Spend a long time trying to spare Toriel/talk to her but nothing happens
>Kill her because there's no clear indication there's any other way to end the fight
>Play through the rest of the game sparing everything
>Judgment comes, Sans treats me like shit
>Shitty neutral ending
>Drop it and never play again
Fuck that game.
>>
>any good RTS
>back-forth offensives, fighting on multiple fronts, daredevil raids and teching up carefully
>finally ready to deliver masterstroke
>enemy sees your army and surrenders before you can obliterate his base
>>
>>320147021
Doesn't the dialogue change each time you spare her?
>>
>storm quincy
>shootan and Jettan
>vertibird crashing makes an explosive chain reaction that kills the entire town
T-thanks Todd
>>
>>320147153
There's a long segment where the only thing in her text box are ellipses which was extremely confusing. I was going back and forth between trying to talk to her and sparing her which made the fight last twice as long since talking to her doesn't advance her dialogue.
>>
>Borderlands
>Do the VERY first DOctor Zed quest
>Somehow, it glitches and the quest doesn't count as finished even tough i've already received the EXP and new quests
>Only notice it hours after
>Play trough the entire game and finishes every other sidequest
>I don't get the trophy for completing every side quest because of that very first glitched quest

fuck
>>
>>320147430
I seem to remember there being more ellipses each time thou, and the "different" dialogue to me meant I was doing the right thing, this was back in the demo so I couldn't tell you if it was the same in the game proper.
>>
>>320146828
>play zestriria
>it's boring and very formulaic
>all the good characters take their seats way too early
>generic everything

H-hopefully Besiria or whatever is better...
>>
>>320147668
I'm sure you're right, but at the time it didn't click at all and she was fucking dousing me in flames which were pretty fucking tough to dodge for me. She killed me a few times before I said fuck it and started attacking her since she seemed adamant on killing me if I wasn't strong enough to get past her.
>>
Completing a game, feel proud, then I go back to my menial life and realise Im such a mess pick up another game and get distracted from my boring existance once again...
>>
File: RIP.png (935 KB, 1893x1066) Image search: [Google]
RIP.png
935 KB, 1893x1066
>>320146103
>Playing XCOM: EW Vanilla C/I
>Just bought some new plasma weapons and titan armor
>Base defense mission happens
>Didn't get the new weapons and armor in time
>Have to fight a sectopod among other enemies with only laser weapons and carapace armor
>Lose 3 Colonels, one of them had been around since the very first mission, and 2 Captains, one of them was my last medic
>Mission Completed with only one survivor
Pic is the aftermath
>>
File: parry.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
parry.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
The first time I beat Gwyn was when I realized I could just parry him a few times.
>>
>>320146103
On the bright side
New gorillaz album coming 2016.
>>
File: Sunrise-in-Carebbean-sea.jpg (289 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sunrise-in-Carebbean-sea.jpg
289 KB, 1920x1080
>>320149734
>>
>>320149734
Only reason I haven't bought myself a length of rope yet.

This one should be 2D's CD this time, right?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.