[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is pic related worth getting? thoughts on gameplay, story and port
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 140x186) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 140x186
is pic related worth getting?
thoughts on gameplay, story and port
>>
>>320125187
Its okay wait for it to go on sale
>>
>>320125187
I'm pretty disappointed in the size of the game. Even if the map is about the same size as the second game, the map feels a lot more empty. In 30 hours, I was able to liberate every settlement while doing missions, lots of challenges and just exploring. So it really took me 17 hours to clear the map. The world feels small even if they tried to make it fell more big by spacing out settlements.
The gameplay is alright, there are some issues with the wingsuit hit detection.
THe story missions are often "defend this or that for a set amount of time".
The port is not that great, I get some massive framedrops in places for absolutly no reasons on a gtx 970 on high settings.

While the game is fun, wait for a sale.
>>
Feels more like a remaster of Just Cause 2 with lots of technical issues than a full fledged sequel.
>>
File: 1426947604845.jpg (229 KB, 750x721) Image search: [Google]
1426947604845.jpg
229 KB, 750x721
>>320125187
its really fun but wait for it to be on sale. 20$
>>
File: Retail.png (88 KB, 958x405) Image search: [Google]
Retail.png
88 KB, 958x405
>>320125187
>tfw created some WebM's for the game
>Send them to Avalanche Studios
>They Liked it
>They gifted me the XL version
>>
>>320125187
I have never played these.
Should I buy JC2 in PS3 and JC3 in PS4?
No, no PC.
>>
>>320125187
Doesn't have any of that yuropean optimization magic JC2 or Mad Max had.
>>
>>320125187
Its JC2.5 with a lot of good shit hidden behind challenge related unlocks and it only runs well if you have an nvidia card

buy it off of a key site or on sale but not for full price
>>
>>320130062
Just cause 2 is pretty much the same except (probably) a lot cheaper, give that a go first
Yes 3 looks prettier and adds the wingsuit but the concept remains the same, which is, by the way, a good thing
>>
I'm having a shitton of fun, enjoying everything from the world, new mechanics, plot and blowing the shit out of everything but I really can't recommend getting this until they patch things up. Console versions run horribly and the PC version has some really bad memory leak issues. It also runs horribly if you have an AMD card.

They should be patching the game in a few weeks' time so maybe get it then. Price should have gone down a bit by then too.
>>
The gameplay is fun, destroying bases is a lot more fun than it was in 2. Fighting however is not and they have messed up the amazing car chases where you would just be jumping from car to car all the time. The story is boring as shit as always. The port is awful, it seems to be completely up to chance wether or not you can run it.
Verdict: It's good, but not worth the full price, at least not until they fix the performance issues.
>>
>>320130391
I don't understand why people call it JC2.5. It's one of the most sequely sequels I've seen in a long time. It's the same basic concept, why wouldn't it be, and there's a bunch of new features like new vehicles, new weapons, new version of the hookshot and parachute, and there's new challenges and things to do. It does everything a sequel should do. I understand why you would call a game like Far Cry 4 something like Far Cry 3.5, because they've actually used the same models, animations and other resources, but Just Cause 2 is in every way a new game. If you want them to make a completely different game from the previous one with none of the same features, then you don't want a sequel.
>>
File: danger zone.jpg (315 KB, 1434x807) Image search: [Google]
danger zone.jpg
315 KB, 1434x807
>>320125187

>spend eight hours liberating not-sardegna from the get-go.
>Just finished my first mission, shit's pretty cool
>Took a look at the achievements and decided to head to the tallest mountain
>Discover on my way there that this game has weather effects, wtf?!
>Find something cool at the top, decide to head down
>Discover an airforce base and jet fighters, jump in one
>Tear ass down the coast, blow shit up, have a great time

almost afraid to keep playing, not sure how it could get any better
>>
>>320125187

>Game already out for a week
>almost no discussion ever.

dead on arrival?
>>
>>320132191
It's been out for 2 weeks
>>
>>320126660
The game is well optimized, it's not the devs fault if you have either shit hardware, shit OS or the OS borked.
I have a 970 and the game never drops from 100fps in ultra
>>
>>320130524
Noise.
>>
>>320132334

even worst then.
>>
>>320132532
I also have a 970 ad a i7-3770k. I still get drops from time to time. Stop eating their dicks and keep asking for them.
>>
>>320132779
Let me guess, w7, bloatware up the wazoo, services borking up the OS, all nvidia botnet services also turned on, shadowplay and nvidia experience working at full blast.
Stop being an idiot before calling other shills just because you can't into pcs
>>
>>320133261
try again. You sound pretty salty.
>>
>>320133261
I don't understand why you're treating him like a console user? He's on your side nigga
>>
>>320133375
being able to run the games I want at a very stable performance.
I sure am meme word that makes no sense in your retort. If anything you sound like a projector that is either expecting for a crack or is just pc dumb
>>
I enjoyed it, beat the story, conquered everything and collected everything in about 25 hours. Didn't do many of the vehicle/weapon challenges because I didn't enjoy them much. Plan to replay some other time once a mod comes that unlocks all the gear mods from the get go
>>
File: JC3 b-team.png (1 MB, 814x832) Image search: [Google]
JC3 b-team.png
1 MB, 814x832
It sucks, forget that it exists.
>>
>>320134742
http://mrantifun.net/index.php?threads/just-cause-3-trainer.6366/
>>
>>320132532
>I have a 970 and the game never drops from 100fps in ultra

You forgot to mention that you're playing at 720p
>>
>>320134742

>mods
>denuvo

good luck with that.
>>
>>320125187
no
>>
>>320134891
They opened a new studio you fucking dingus.

And trying to prove that Just Cause 2 and Mad Max are somehow good because writing and music
>>
>>320134891
>writers
>on those games
>being a positive

literally the most throwaway shit ever, what are you trying to prove
>>
File: image.png (37 KB, 730x290) Image search: [Google]
image.png
37 KB, 730x290
>>320135109
1920x1080
I would make a webm showing the settings and fps count but I doubt that this thread is alive by the time I get home.
Niggas need to learn to optimize their pcs and get proper hardware combinations.
>>
>>320135305
This guy knows what's up.
Also, did the VA do too many ass creeds in a row or what? Rico is italian as shit.
>>
>>320135196
The guy who made the JC2 mod tools already has something out for JC3 and has said Denovo isn't as intrusive as it is in other games
>>
>>320136342
justcause3mods.com

Theres some stuff going on
>>
>>320135781

>I magically tune my settings to get better performance than a 980 Ti in benchmarks
>but I can't tell you how

lol

you get paid for this?
>>
>>320137843
Sure I'm going to the bother of making you a guide. If by what I already said you are still clueless then tough luck kiddo.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.