[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your first video game? What did you think of it at the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7
File: peacockspider.png (515 KB, 470x500) Image search: [Google]
peacockspider.png
515 KB, 470x500
What was your first video game? What did you think of it at the time?
What do you think of it now? How has it aged?
>>
>>320087041
Super Thunder Blade. I thought it was really good then. The music is pretty great too. Over time, it eventually became the first game I ever beat. It has its flaws such as how the game handles approaching environments and the sound department which was a limitation of the system, but it still held up pretty nicely.

The one thing the game did give me was an appreciation for helicopters. In some cases, it makes me sad to see ally/friendly helicopters in other games get shot down after their usefulness comes to an end (Resident Evil 4 for example).
>>
SMB All-Stars. It was okay.
It's still okay, but now I know that they fucked up the physics.
>>
File: Astrosmash_cover.jpg (26 KB, 256x357) Image search: [Google]
Astrosmash_cover.jpg
26 KB, 256x357
>>
File: tyrian2000.png (83 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
tyrian2000.png
83 KB, 320x240
>>320087041
Tyrian 2000, that old shoot-em up by Epic games with kick ass music and the giant monstrous ships. At the time I didn't really have a standard-- only years later did I realize how good it was.
>>
>>320087041
Popeye and Space Invaders for arcade and Atari 2600.

They're both still really great games.
>>
age of empires
it was fuckin great at the time
i think its still fuckin great
it has aged a bit poorly but that is mostly due to resolution problems
>>
File: Ty_the_Tasmanian_Tiger_Coverart.jpg (150 KB, 256x364) Image search: [Google]
Ty_the_Tasmanian_Tiger_Coverart.jpg
150 KB, 256x364
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
I loved it.
I haven't played it since but it couldn't have been too bad given that my dad liked it enough to almost 100% it until I deleted his save. Seems to have aged pretty badly graphically though.
>>
File: 64101.png (3 MB, 1535x2100) Image search: [Google]
64101.png
3 MB, 1535x2100
>>320087041
>>
>>320087041
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
Fun
Fun
Very well, I'm not that into fighting games but I've heard that it's still the most balanced Street Fighter.
>>
File: SkiFree_Yeti.gif (56 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
SkiFree_Yeti.gif
56 KB, 400x533
Ski free.

Scared the hell out of me as a kid, never replayed it though.
>>
>>320091665
Exactly the same here.
>>
File: redalert.jpg (41 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
redalert.jpg
41 KB, 640x400
>>320087041
C&C Red Alert. It was the only game I had till I turned 14, So I fucking loved it. I still love it, but I haven't played it in years. There's too many other good games that I missed that I'm trying to catch up on.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.