[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Day 1 DLC There isn't a single non-jew reason for this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10
File: 1426677788845.jpg (57 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1426677788845.jpg
57 KB, 500x375
>Day 1 DLC

There isn't a single non-jew reason for this to exist
>>
Yeah sure it's jewish, but it's nowhere near a big deal as you make it.
>>
>>319933919
me on the right
>>
>>319933919
>game is ready to ship
>team still wants to make content for it
>game cannot be afford to be delayed so it gets shipped
>meanwhile team has finished new contents on it
>when game is finally ready to be released, there are already new contents for it, hence day one DLC
It's like you assholes think as soon as a game is shipped the team just disbands and stops supporting it.
>>
Entitled shitheads who think they can get everything for free!

If a company wants to charge for something extra there is nothing wrong with it!
>>
>>319935490
>defending DLC

You probably bitch about the old day, yet prove to be a good goy in the current year.
>>
>>319935897
>good goy
Hey, buddy. I find that offensive. 6 million innocent Jews died under the Nazi Regime, okay. Let's not besmirch their memories by using such offensive language.
>>
>>319936645
Denying the holocaust is one of the things I can't understand about nazifags
>"Jews are the cancer killing mankind"
>"Jews need to be exterminated"
>"By the way, we didn't exterminate a bunch of them during WWII"
>>
>>319933919
>day one dlc.
>nothing but useless skins or a scrub starter pack.
>>
>>319933919
What about selling the base game at a discount and the DLC makes the game full price?
>>
>>319933919
The excuse is that the team is divided in multiple groups and the common scenario is that nearing release the level design or the art design group would be done with their shit first, so they use the dead time to devevolp additional content to be finalized later in those 1-2 weeks that go between the golden master and the actual release, due to physical distribution and beta testing.
That is of course bullshit because that "dead time" isn't really a thing because they'd be reallocated to other ongoing projects.
DAY 1 DLC is just a way to increase the average price of videogames without actually increasing it.
>>
>>319936897
nazifags today are either cosplayers or punks that want to use someone else's ghost to appear cooler, kinda how most goth-style subcultures are good-guy-undeads to make their culture more accepted

>"i could totally kill someone randomly in the streets, but it isn't worth my time. it's not that i'm scared of the consequences, i swear!"
>>
>>319936897
Different guy

I believe they were put into concentration camps for forced labor.
I believe that many died from malnutrition and exhaustion.
I believe that there were executions for prominent political prisoners and those that tried to escape.
I believe that their bodies were cremated in ovens.

However
I believe that part of the reason that many died was due to the anti-semetic feelings of the people in charge of the camps themselves rather than executive orders from Hitler himself.
I don't believe they were gassed en masse in rooms.
I don't believe 6 million died this way.
A more realistic figure is in the hundreds of thousands.

I don't feel like those who died deserved it because the wealthy jews safely escaped to America while the ones who died were mostly non-religious ethnic jews.

And most importantly, I do believe that wealthy jews actively conspire to promote socially destabilizing behavior (degeneracy) as a means to undermine all non-jewish races.

Not conspire as in gather around a big table James Bond villian style, but rather, they tacitly approve of it within their social circles.
>>
>More content is a bad thing

Never change /v/...
>>
>>319934841
>team still wants to make content for it
>>game cannot be afford to be delayed so it gets shipped
>Meanwhile team has finished new contents on it
>Since the game has shipped this content they wanted to put in the game will cost money
>>
>>319938423
it's DAY ONE dlc you fucking retard.
>>
>>319938128
Let me guess: "degeneracy" falls under "stuff I personally don't like". Such as homosexuality or being black? Get your /pol/tard shit out of here.
>>
>>319938702
>More content as soon as possible is a bad thing

Never change /v/...
>>
>>319939238
b8
>>
>>319938840
>"I have LITERALLY no response to this sensible, reasonable and thought out post. I better make stuff up that he neither said, nor implied, and attack him as though he did..."
>>
>>319938632
>>319934841
i read somewhere that the whole dlc craze came out from the publishers contracting devs to produce N dlcs and/or having mp modes in their games
it's easier to snip stuff from what you already made instead of actually making the extra stuff, especially as this was also the time where publishers were coming out as giving very tight deadlines

tldr toxic practices have evolved into an industry standard, nothing new under the sun
>>
>>319938632
You really think you deserve free contents?
>>
>>319939367
>Get completely owned
>Have no comeback
>"b.. b.. bait..."

Never change /v/...
>>
>>319940253
yeah, being a paying customer shouldn't give him the right to feel so entitled

i can't wait for the day patches and updates start to get sold, i don't feel right when i think that the developers fix their fuckups for free
>>
>>319940801
This isn't a fix. This is additional content that the devs spent extra time on and is completely optional. So no, he shouldn't feel so entitled.
>>
Indoctrinated capitalist whores WILL go through insane mental gymnastics to defend it and justify their own apathy and immorality.
>>
>>319941102
so devs don't spend extra time to make patches?
>>
>>319939238
It's not new content you fucktard. One day isn't enought to make worthwhile new stuff.
>>
Only if its on the disk imopomf
>>
File: pirates in traffic drm.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
pirates in traffic drm.gif
2 MB, 320x240
I love DLC since I pirate everything. It only really hurts buyfags.

>Get game for free
>Dev develops more shit for it
>get that for free too

That said, Day 1 DLC is ridiculous. Everyone should pirate that without exception.
>>
>>319935490
> there is nothing wrong with it!
They are free to do so, but it doesn't make them any less awful.
>>
>>319941326
>>319941326
That's a fix for something that was already shipped. Day one DLC are new contents. Get it though your hick head.
>>
>>319941619
Nah, Day 1 DLC is stuff that they cut from the game and make you pay extra for. Luckily pirating the game/DLC fixes that oversight.
>>
חנוכה שמח, גויים
>>
File: 1364252404020.jpg (74 KB, 800x376) Image search: [Google]
1364252404020.jpg
74 KB, 800x376
>>319933919
Oh well.
>>
>>319941710
No, day one DLC is content that is made in between a game being finished, and a game actually hitting the shelves.
>>
>>319940414
b8 for the b8 god
>>
>>319941619
if it's ready the same day the game gets released, how is it actual new content rather than content snipped from the game itself to make extra money?

i actually have nothing against dlc on their own, what really make me roll my eyes is dlc apologists. i'm lazy and i accept to pay extra since i don't feel like rioting on the internet about how low devs/pubs morality has steeped, but you guys don't just accept this practice, you praise and defend it. the day patches and updates get sold is something that's bound to happen until people like you are around.
>>
>>319942368
Do you really think a) the team immediately stops working on a game and supporting it once it is ready and b) a game is ready and then printed and shipped to store the next day? There's a period in between when a game is ready and when a game is shipped that additional contents are made for it.
>>
>>319934841
If I buy a game and the dlc is ready at launch the shit should be included for free. Plain and simple. There is no reason to buy a game day 1, and you have to shell out extra money for shit already in the game.
>>
File: 1410695101880.jpg (20 KB, 295x295) Image search: [Google]
1410695101880.jpg
20 KB, 295x295
>>319942091
>Thinking this is actually what day 1 dlc actually is.
>>
>>319942820
Except it wasn't in the game, dipshit. It was things that were made after the game is done.
>>
>>319942091
Sometimes that can be true, but most of the time it isn't.
>>
>>319943131
Then why was it already on the disk?
>>
>>319943123
>>319943168
Do you have any evidence to the contrary?
>>
>>319938128
>A more realistic figure is in the hundreds of thousands.
There's irrefutable proof that at least four million died. The six million number is a compromise between historians, who want to say the low estimate of about 4.5 million, and the Jews who fund them, who want to use the high estimate of 8 million.
>>
>>319943313
You're the one that put forth they made it after the game was completed.

Please provide your evidence and sources how that is always the case.
>>
>>319943431
>There's irrefutable proof that at least four million died. The six million number is a compromise between historians, who want to say the low estimate of about 4.5 million, and the Jews who fund them, who want to use the high estimate of 8 million.
Nah bullshit because many of those aren't even jews. They lie all the time.
>>
>>319942585
there's a difference between delivering a game, keep working on it and then offer content and delivering a game alongside "extras" ready for the day it is released
the fact that most if not all preorders (which start months away from the release date) usually give you access to one or more day1 extras should give away the fact that, in an industry made of tight deadlines, the "extra" content is not worked on after the main game is done but alongside it, to ensure that the dlc is ready for the release day

>>319943131
do you think that games gets shipped months before the release date and gets kept in warehouses until the day before they hits the shelves?
or you think that you can make new, extra content with new, totally not reused assets and have it fixed and working correctly in the few days inbetween shipping and release?
in either case i admire your naivety
>>
>>319943576
>many of those aren't even jews
If you're including the Gypos, crips, homos, dissidents, degenerates, and sqauts, the number rises to like 11 million average estimate.
>>
>game is put up for purchase
>season pass for DLC that will come out months after the game is released
>"fucking day one dlc!"
See: XCOM 2 threads
>>
>>319943491
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bethesda-defends-day-one-dlc/1100-6406719/
>>
File: Picture1.png (374 KB, 1355x815) Image search: [Google]
Picture1.png
374 KB, 1355x815
>>319933919
>>319935897
>>319938702
>>319940801
>>319941326
>i have literally no idea how game development works

>>319941420
This is the only faggot who understands what's bad about day 1 DLC.
>>
File: 1440124322603.png (482 KB, 672x537) Image search: [Google]
1440124322603.png
482 KB, 672x537
>>319933919
>Early Access game
>adds microtransactions even before full fucking release
>>
>>319943131
If it is ready day 1, it's ready at launch. Plain and fucking simple. It should not be dlc on day 1! You can try to spin it as much as you like, but if the shit is ready on launch and you buy the game, it should be included.
>>
I know why it exists, but I still don't like it. Games cost more to make now and it is easy for them to make a new weapon and throw it onto psn store for a $1 or whatever. Same with Batman skins. There are a ton of them for $1 each.

It is pretty sickening all these pre order bonus's and shit. Just sell the fucking game for $60. Make an expansion for the game and sell that.
>>
>>319943980
you shouldn't have to pay extra on day one release
are you jewing me right now?
>>
>>319943776
dunno if it's the case with XCOM 2, but generic season passes are just as bad
>"pay some extra to get guaranteed access to extra content for X time from now!"
>"how much content? what will its actual value be? who knows!"

>>319943814
>dev/pub defending its practices
>interviewing someone from the publisher's marketing division
i'm not gonna ask for an unbiased source, since the answer would probably be a greentext along the lines of "le goalposts"
>>
>>319939545
>Reasonable thought out post

kek
>>
>>319944282
If it's not on disc then I don't mind paying because it means that the dev team kept working on content instead of being laid off or getting transferred to a different team.

The time between a dev team submitting the Gold Master Candidate and the game being sold at retail can be months. Why not work on more shit so you can keep your job and also give the fans more content?

Otherwise, gg, next map, rollover or lay off.
>>
>>319944062
See, day 1 is different for you and devs. Day 1 for you means when you get the game home form the store, but there's a period before that when the game is declared ready. That's when DLC's are tested and added, but the game is already being finalized and printed so it cannot be added.
>>
>>319944027
>buying an early access game
Do you enjoy being scammed?
>>
>>319934086
nice try kike
>>
File: toddler.jpg (70 KB, 615x347) Image search: [Google]
toddler.jpg
70 KB, 615x347
>>319943814
>Bethesda
>Believing his lies
>>
File: 2015-12-09_00006.jpg (501 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-09_00006.jpg
501 KB, 1920x1080
>Game gets ported
>Day 1 dlc
>but its free if you buy it on Day 1
>it's also discounted
>alternatively you can just get the DLC by playing the game
>also porting one of the best fighting games (Melty Blood) next year
based
>>
>>319944605
>give the fans more content?
You are not giving anything. You are asking for more money.

Why not release that content for free so it adds value to the base game? So any DLC is seen as an investment, as in "I know that this company does good extra content, based on this free content I got with the base game"
>>
>>319949727
>Why not release that content for free
>Why not make more shit for free
>Why not work for free
Fuck off.
>>
>>319948427
>porting a PC game from 2009 to PC
>based
What the fuck
>>
>>319934086
DLC itself is a bane and wouldn't even exist without the shit you brats call consoles since 06.

>>319935490
God this place is plain aids these days. Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>319950269
DLC existed before that you underage "PC masterrace" redditard, in fact it started with PC and later on the OG Xbox
>>
>>319950210
as opposed to keeping them console exclusive?
>>
>>319950530
It's a fucking PC exclusive already, retard.
>>
>>319943131
Honest to god question from anonymous poster to the other, do you in all honesty really believe that?
Do you really believe and defend cut content that is in cases already on the fucking game disc to openly and blatantly announced day 1 with a prizetag?

Do you in all honesty think DLC itself is not toxic shit thats so anti consumer that it should be illegal?

why are you on a board for and about vidya enthusiasts, when you don't care about vidya as a consumer but rather about multi-billion$ corporations money?
How can you live with yourself?
>>
>>319942091
oh wow

They are among us and they think they belong here. Is anyone really surprised this planet is going to burn one day?
>>
File: 1449071832367.png (110 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1449071832367.png
110 KB, 340x340
>>319943980
>EA/Bioware
>Implying Javick was post production content

I'm gonna take this fucking bait
>>
File: 1449629507343.jpg (18 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1449629507343.jpg
18 KB, 408x408
The term DLC alone is pure cancer to me.

It means, we prohibit mod support and if you want anything, we maybe present it to you, well mostly we don't we give you some stupid ass shit but only if you give us more money because fuck you

DLC is not okay, Season Passes need to be illegal they are disgusting and I would actually vote for devs and publishers openly skinned alive for bringin that shit into existence in the first place. And all that after cutting out the community to sell fucking map-packs that are always shit because since the dawn of time community maps are plain better, is despicable, anti consumer, anti vidya and just wrong. so insanely painfully wrong that I die inside everytime some of you 360 kids defend it in here you goddamn sghitbrats.
I pray for someone to fucking nuke this gay earth out of the fucking cosmos. None of you fucking shitkids is even worth talking to. you all don't know shit and are just corporations puppets raised to believe and defend their fucking greedy ass money grabbing ways.
You are bred to be like this and you don't even see it, hell you probably never will.

History lesson for free kids:
without barebone PC's for illiterates the vidya would be miles ahead of where it is now. And the market wouldn't be so insanely anti consumer nor would this board be such a casual infested console wars shithole that it grew to be since 06. There wouldn't even be such a thing as DLC it would've never been invented in the first place. CoD would've been honorably laid to rest, EA wouldn't have been given the power to rise where they are now nor would have Activision been able to fucking buy Blizzard to mutate into a supershitlord to conquer the world.
It's all thanks to you super Aids drones this planet has too much of. Let me be the first today to thank you thoroughly for all your efforts into making this place and this species such shit.

Thank you kindly.
>>
>>319950515
Idiot..

Content downloadable, yes. DLC, no.
>>
>>319953048
Or videogames would be dead.
>>
>>319953302
Thats the same word dipshit.
>>
>>319953048
capped
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.