[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the Chinese use bombs or missiles? Or was it that they used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: consistency.png (1 MB, 1046x518) Image search: [Google]
consistency.png
1 MB, 1046x518
Did the Chinese use bombs or missiles? Or was it that they used bombs, and America used missiles?
>>
>>319910367

The attack was initiated by the Chinese forces as they were being routed back to their capital.

hinese bombers were spotted off the Bering Straits of Alaska at least as early as 3:37am Eastern Time. Enemy nuclear missile launches were confirmed by NORAD at 9:13am, with U.S. bombers scrambled and airborne at 9:17am. Nuclear missile strikes on New York and Pennsylvania were confirmed at 9:42am, with nuclear strikes on Boston and Washington occurring at 9:47am; this information and multiple reports of U.S military forces advancing across the Chinese mainland and occupying Shanghai and Nanjing makes it likely that the Chinese were the first to initiate a nuclear strike.

Also the pipboy screensaver displaying traditional pressure triggered atomic bombs gives the implication that they were. And the fact that even to this day, the united states government maintains and updates some of its more analog nuclear arsenal.
>>
le bump
>>
>>319911781

So it was both bombs AND missiles? By both sides? And we invaded mainland China? Where are you getting this from? Sorry, all I've played are FO3, NV, FO4.
>>
>>319914080
given the nature of the great war its likely both sides used their entire arsenal and eventually even threw the 100y old bombs stashed away in some hangar just to blow up the enemy slightly more

that said something I always wondered about fallout: what happened to the ships in the world? there ought to have been quite a few of them going around even despite the war and there's no chance they nuked the ocean as well
>>
>>319914731

There's no way the United States and China destroyed the ENTIRE WORLD. There's got to be neutral places like in South America that are still going.
>>
>>319915190
Nuclear war between any two major countries is likely to literally make the planet unlivable.
>>
>>319915190
During the Cold War the US had enough nukes to cover every square inch of land in nuclear fire. I cannot imagine how many nukes were dropped in the fallout universe.
>>
>>319915190
fallout isn't supposed to be a realistic nuclear exchange, it's an exaggerated caricature of the midcentury american pop culture image of it
>>
File: 1393260804338.jpg (371 KB, 2304x1440) Image search: [Google]
1393260804338.jpg
371 KB, 2304x1440
>>319914080
Not him but.

Id assume the bomb like nukes were from, well bombers and the missile nukes were from, well missile silos.

As for the invasion of mainland China, that information WAS in fallout 3 and NV as well as mentioned in passing I believe in F2 you must have missed it, I cant remember what terminals have it in F3 it might be in terminals found during Operation Anchorage DLC but I think thats only half right, I feel like it was also in the base game but the survivalist in NV was a Marine who served in the invasion specifically deployed to the Gobi desert. Power armor was instrumental in allowing US forces to really start gaining ground as well as breaking the deadlock in Anchorage. We invaded China after they invaded Alaska.
>>
File: 1434762101400.png (1 MB, 900x1236) Image search: [Google]
1434762101400.png
1 MB, 900x1236
>>319914080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geLiEiAiQJA
Energy crises anon, the world began to run out of fossil fuels. Europe went to war with west Asia and afterwards turned on each other. The U.S. and China competed for the last sources of oil and eventually went to war in what was called "The Resource War". In a resource war whoever can expend the least amount of resources for fighting power wins, the Chinese developed stealth suits and focused on sabotage while the U.S. created power armor to make their soldiers into walking tanks.
>>
>>319915190
Id like to point out, any massive nuclear exchange between two world powers will then set off a chain reaction of nuclear strikes but any other country that has nukes.

Sure theres probably areas of Europe/Africa/South America where things are somewhat ok. The problem isn't the actual destructive force of nukes, its the radiation sweeping across the earth.
>>
>>319916760
Wasn't Europe just a giant glowing green blob in the Mothership Zeta view from orbit?
>>
>>319916043
Why does everyone call him "the Survivor"? Everyone I talk to keeps calling me "the Stranger".
>>
>>319917636
Everyone calls me a scavver, regardless of how well they know me or what I do
>>
>>319917636
>>319917823
NPC dialogue is based on what you wear and what you have accomplished in-game.

If you wear raggedy-ass, cobbled together raider/waster armor, people will call you a scavver, for instance.
>>
>>319917606
Don't recall, but I do remember China was. I liked to think that Bright's followers "promised land" was the heavily irradiated China.
>>
>>319916685
Didn't the US create fusion power near the end of the war that would have given them unlimited power?
>>
In FO4 in the glowing sea somewhere there's a pyramid/warehouse building full of nuclear bombs. Is that the reason the bombs fell where they fell in the Commonwealth?
>>
>>319918868
Yes, it was a side effect of the power armor research. While developing a power source for the armor they created something that would have solved the energy crises and ended the resource wars if the nukes hadn't started flying.
>>
BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE GLOW

AND EVERY EYE SHALL BE BLIND THROUGH HIS GLORY

EVERY EAR SHALL BE STRIKEN DEAF TO HEAR THE THUNDER OF HIS VOICE
>>
>>319919552
Even if everything in FO3 was pretty much retarded his speech was pretty neat
>>
Missiles that drop bombs
>>
>>319919358
>>319918868
>>319914080

Which is why the Chinese had been routed back to their capital. This was explained by president Richardson at the oil rig. It also explains the sudden explosion of the United States annexing Canada.
>>
>>319915190
~80 missiles were sent to Las Vegas ALONE

You severely underestimate it
>>
>>319915190

This makes me laugh, in a lot of science fiction america is panned out as being gone, but when another country is on the chopping block its anon whinging.
>>
>>319915517
>>319915739
This is not correct
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.