[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Max Payne 3 is in my top 5 video games. I have over 100+ hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 303770.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
303770.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Max Payne 3 is in my top 5 video games. I have over 100+ hours in the single player alone. James McCaffrey's performance was incredible and deserved an Oscar, also the OST. The gameplay mechanics were incredible. MP3 is my go to game to relieve stress. I loved the fuck out of the story, and loved how Max was the self aware 80's action hero.
>>
I love how this game writes up situations/scenarios where the waterfall of violence and over the top action is actually believable. Also thought the switch to Brazil was great.
>>
>>319854142

Nigga what? It was a shitty man on fire ripoff.

The TPS minigame was okay but I wish they'd make it into a full game.
>>
File: 1444020497159.jpg (87 KB, 600x795) Image search: [Google]
1444020497159.jpg
87 KB, 600x795
>>319854485
My personal favorite detail was Max's outfit from the club to the office level.
CLUB LEVEL
>Clean
>Pristine outfit
>Hair is done

OFFICE LEVEL
>Same outfit as club level
>wrinkles because he hasn't washed or ironed it
>beard
>hair isn't done
>is hung over
>while moving the wrinkles move

I loved everything about this game.

>>319854571
I wish I had the pasta, but it's not a man on fire ripoff as much as people like to think so.
>>
>>319854142
Say what you want about Americans, but we understand capitalism.
>>
>>319854142
It was pretty weird how they managed to both make Max feel like a busted worthless old fuck and still have totally radical slow mo stunt set pieces.
>>
>>319854142
GOD DAMMIT!
Not many actors can pull that line off, let alone A list ones.
>>
Rockstar did an excellent job with the game. Far better than I would've expected them to, actually.
>>
>>319854672
You ask for a product and we give you what you payed for.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiPC-2_l9Dg

Fuck, that opening scene is perfect.
>>
File: MaxPayne3.png (306 KB, 1200x1385) Image search: [Google]
MaxPayne3.png
306 KB, 1200x1385
>>319854485
I love how self aware it became, with everyone realizing what a fucking maniac Max is and all the people he's killed. The best part is that he's aware of it too now.
>>319854657
Rockstar is just great with details
>>319854720
Yeah, shootdodging had some weight to it. Euphoria helps a lot I bet.
>>319854732
I'll never forget how they casted James McCaffery as some random FBI agent in the movie instead of actually having him play Max. Like what the fuck?

Also, here's the pasta anon was talking about. You bet your ass I keep it.

And, don't get me wrong - I love Max Payne 3 as well as the other two (especially the first one) but I really wish they would have gone in a different direction with the story. They easily could have had the game start with Max in the bar, killing DeMarco's kid (without Passos), and being on the run the entire game. Him visiting his wife's grave would be towards the end of the game, just before he gets out of NJ - and somehow, Rockstar could use the ending that Remedy put in Alan Wake
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPuJzq3oIU8
>>
>>319855030
I liked the ending, Max needed to rest. Let it go.

thanks for the pasta.
>>
YOU'LL WALK! WITH A LIMP!
>>
File: maxpayne.jpg (214 KB, 1169x535) Image search: [Google]
maxpayne.jpg
214 KB, 1169x535
>>319855138
I liked it too, it was honestly surprising that he didn't die. Maybe I'm just a sucker for the whole "New York/New Jersey at night" design. It could work too - if you ever read the three comics Rockstar put out to bridge MP2 and MP3, New Jersey/Hobokon is a total mess and the whole police force is corrupt since the mayor is a god damn criminal himself.
>>
>>319855273
I really wanted to buy it, but I wasn't sure if it was worth the price or not. It ends with Max in the bar we find him in right?

Also, great bar song from the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFjMeOnqAPI
>>
>>319855138

Max indeed needed to rest... But Max walking off in the sunset just felt wrong. The setting didn't feel right, the game should have been entirely based in NJ and NY. The setting was bland and boring and Max was lost in a place he didn't know and it was interesting but they could have achieved that same effect in New Jersey too, because just like Max mentions while shooting through the chop shop, he knows what's going on but he's so drunk all the time that he doesn't even give a shit or acknowledge it. Max had to die in either Jersey or Jew York.
>>
>>319855393
Dude what? It's free on Rockstar's site.
>http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/comics
Yeah, you can buy it for collection purposes I guess - but you can also download the .pdfs for each issue.

Yeah, it ends with him in the bar since chronologically, that's where Max Payne 3 starts. That's the last panel right there. Sam Lake helped with it too since there's some backstory to Max and everything. I can't remember if Sam Lake had anything to do with 3's story. I know they consulted him a couple times during development. Maybe it was just for the comic, I don't remember.
>>
>>319855575

Sami didn't have anything to do with 3's story unfortunately, I think he even mentioned in an interview that he would have gone a completely different route regarding the story, basically what he said is that he didn't particularly like it. After Alan Wake I don't really believe that Sam Lake is a good writer but he made Max Payne into what it is and he should have written the last part and I would bet my ass that Sam Lake would have killed Max in the end.
>>
>>319855532
>The setting was bland and boring and Max was lost in a place he didn't know

I thought this was great. The average video game player would have played MP3 and felt like Max.
>Doesn't understand the customs
>Doesn't understand the language
>Knows enough when something goes wrong

Heres a story
>First time playing MP3
>Middle of summer, no air conditioning, like 95 degrees in my room
>Had the past week off
>Been playing through
>Get to the point where the girl dies in the village and it flashes back
>Max is hot
>I'm hot
>He's pissed
>I'm pissed
>BRRRR monkeys keep talking
>Can't understand what they are saying
>Hardest difficulty
>Pissed as fuck
>Max yells "DONT YOU UNDERSTAND I DONT SPEAK YOUR FUCKING LANGUAGE?!"

Was a pretty motivating moment. The setting was great, it took the average western hero/player and put him in unfamiliar territory. It's even better they never added subtitles for the language.
>>
>>319855801
>and I would bet my ass that Sam Lake would have killed Max in the end.
Oh yeah, that's what the thing with Alan Wake is. Those two manuscripts are the only ones that James McCaffery narrates, and the character that is the lead of Alan Wake's novel basically follows the arc of Max Payne.
> I think he even mentioned in an interview that he would have gone a completely different route regarding the story, basically what he said is that he didn't particularly like it
Do you have a link or anything? I'm interested on reading this. Most I've ever found is that he's pretty neutral or doesn't talk about it.
>>
Max Payne 3 is an awesome game it's just a shame that STILL LOADING STILL LOADING STILL LOADING STILL LOADING STILL LOADING STILL LOADING STILL LOADING STILL LOADING STILL LOADING STILL LOADING STILL LOADING STILL LOADING STILL LOADING STILL LOADING STILL LOADING

If I play it I just clear a room of guys and restart checkpoint because it's the only way to keep playing for more than 3 minutes without some dipfuck unskippable cutscene
>>
File: payneintheass.png (32 KB, 281x108) Image search: [Google]
payneintheass.png
32 KB, 281x108
>>319856054
OP here. The load times during cut scenes is the only fucking downside. If this was fixed, I would play through it at least once a month.
>>
>>319856054
>>319856108
It sucks that it's this way, but on your first time through - or if you're doing a replay for the story - it's not that bad. But I can understand why people wish it was skippable.

The so often cutscenes never bothered me that much. Makes me think of the older games where so often there was a TV, radio, or something to trigger a few comic panels. Except this time in MP3, those short little cuts are forced.
>>
>>319856292
OP here. I agree, but however I can see where people would be ticked at them. I liked them and how they connected the story.
>>
>>319856108
>If this was fixed, I would play through it at least once a month.

Same here no doubt

>>319856292
Pissed me off enough the first time through because I never played 1 or 2 so didn't care about the story. Still don't
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.