[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question, why do you guys hate Bethesda? Objectively
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 238x293
Serious question, why do you guys hate Bethesda? Objectively speaking, Fallout 4 is a great game.
>>
File: 1433116797626.gif (919 KB, 245x285) Image search: [Google]
1433116797626.gif
919 KB, 245x285
>>319852562
>Fallout 4 is a great game
>>
>>319852630
Objectively, it is. How is it not?
>>
>>319852562
I really enjoyed it for about 50 hours.
At that point I felt like I did everything there is to do besides engage in skullfuckingly boring conversations with NPCs. I'm struggling to put together the effort to finish the game.

So overall I don't think it was completely terrible but I have over 200 hours in both Skyrim and NV and the main reason I don't put even more time into those is I don't feel like spending two days downloading and tweaking mods again. So, subjectively, I would say FO4 does some great things but is ultimately a worse game than either of those.
>>
>>319853202
>I'm struggling to put together the effort to finish the game.

Exactly what I went through. Maybe I goofed on my faction choice, but the main storyline was a real chore to play through. There are maybe five decent side quests, too.
>>
>>319852938
>Objectively, it is
prove it
>>
>>319853202
Same for me. As much as I had high expectation for this (pre order), couldn't make it past 50h...

I just bought Witcher 3, have 10h in, and I KNOW I will play this game way longer.
>>
it has no depth and it's barely an rpg

the combat isn't better either. the only thing that is "better" is the animations in combat
>>
>>319852562
Really? I torrented it and i'm not even interested in playing it, it just seems like crap
>>
Hipsters dislike popular stuff, you know
>>
>>319853529
wew lad
>>
File: your choices matter.jpg (79 KB, 750x204) Image search: [Google]
your choices matter.jpg
79 KB, 750x204
The only feature that this game has over fallout 3 is a voiced player character which potentially harmed more than it helped by limiting dialogue down a single path. pic related.
>>
File: 1449378909295.jpg (23 KB, 404x341) Image search: [Google]
1449378909295.jpg
23 KB, 404x341
christ OP, you're going to unleash another anti fallput 4 circlejerk.

MUH PATRICIAN TASTE
>>
>>319853529
>no depth and not an rpg
This is true
>combat isn't better
This is not true. Since they are determined to go the fps route, they at least improved the gunplay. Melee still sucks outside of vats. Unlike previous games like new vegas where I could max attack speed via perks and get greased lightning and just punch shit to death super fast, your character swings a switchblade like it weighs 10 pounds. Heavy weapons are the only ones that file ok, tho even swinging a bat feels like it weighs 100 pounds, and then you get interrupted by ghouls or whatever in the middle of a powered super sledge swing.
>>
>>319853840
>potentially harmed more than it helped
It massively harmed roleplaying.
You just get to be shades of grey of the same character no matter what.
Oh, but you get to choose between Joe Howard or Jane Howard I guess.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.