[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is everything such dumbed down nigger shit these days?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10
File: ea dice dlc.jpg (253 KB, 1300x763) Image search: [Google]
ea dice dlc.jpg
253 KB, 1300x763
Why is everything such dumbed down nigger shit these days?

I just watched this and I am now literally fucking depressed and sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WeX41WfOsY

why is everything, not just EA trash, not just COD garbage, why is EVERY GAME complete nigger trash made for brainless retarded kids?

no, i can't even say retarded kids, because these days my nine year old cousin, twelve year old brother, and thirteen year old cousin are all bored of nigger shit games like call of duty and battlefield and all play arma 3 together.

what the fuck is even happening? like i don't get it at all.

look at all of the recent failures.

the recent star wars battlefront was a massive failure, EA won't even release sales figures.

WoW is going down the nigger shitter and is dying rapidly

Diablo 3 nuff said

Rainbow six siege being CoD with guns

Fallout 4 still sold but I guarantee that the next installment won't sell nearly as well, as many people were disappointed with this nigger dumbed down shit.

All MMO's lately are... I am without words. The veterans of the MMO genre know what I am talking about; it is no coincidence that MMO sales are lower than ever, and they will keep dropping as more f2p trash and dumbed down nigger shit is released.

What the fuck is happening with the industry? I can't think of a plausible explanation at all. Surely if you look at the example video I gave of the leaked Free Radical version of starwars battlefront, it would without a doubt be more popular and sell more than this DICE version, which people all get bored of within two hours.
>>
Even if you say retarded businessmen and investors are the cause, surely they wouldn't want to purposely drive down their profits? Such a miniscule amount of money is spent on actually developing the games these days compared to the marketing budget. Hiring better designers and shit wouldn't even put that much of a dent in the overall cost of development, and surely it would increase the sales massively?

Give an overview of the features in the DICE battlefront and the same for the Free Radical battlefront (once again, just an example) and no one, not even the most subhuman of goyim, would pick DICE's verison.

So WHAT THE FUCK IS IT?
>>
File: 24671679.jpg (16 KB, 144x144) Image search: [Google]
24671679.jpg
16 KB, 144x144
>>319757005
>Such a miniscule amount of money is spent on actually developing the games these days compared to the marketing budget
>>
I think they're trying to emulate the movie industry pumping out easy to understand drivel to sell to casuals for a quick buck. Games used to be made by gamers for gamers, but that doesn't seem apply to most developers anymore.
>>
SJWs.
>>
No but seriously
>Constant demand for better and better graffix
>Focus slowly moves from gameplay and graffix to just graffix
>All these companies just working on graffix and fucking up their deadlines leaving the story to be shit
>>
>>319757829
That's another thing... most games don't even have FUCKING CAMPAIGN NOW.

It uses to be you got a good campaign, multiplayer, and sometimes a map editor if you were lucky.

Now you get... dumbed down multiplayer. For the same price plus a season pass
>>
>>319758283
In the case of map editors, they are removed to sell DLC maps since fans can usually make as good, if not better maps than the devs, which would make DLC maps sell less.
>>
>>319757245
It's pretty common knowlege. Like GTA 5 spent around 100 million on the game and 150 million on the marketing and that was a company that invested heavily into the actual creation of the product.
>>
>>319756979
I seriously think the industry needs another crash or at least something similar so devs start pulling their heads out of their asses.
>>
>>319757245
>>
>>319757245
What do you think does it cost to air 30 seconds of advertising during prime time or even superbowl?
>>
>>319758605
>they are removed to sell DLC maps since fans can usually make as good, if not better maps than the devs

Complete bullshit.

Amateurs almost never do a better job than professionals. Look at Bethesda, they allow modding for their games but they still release DLC and they still sell a fuck load of it. Why? Because their DLC is far, far, better than any comparable mod produced by the modding community.

Devs have talked about the lack of modding tools these days. The major reasons for their absence is that most publishers just aren't willing to pay the costs involved in developing and supporting them and that they are far too complicated for amateurs to use now. The result of releasing complicated toolsets is not for the modding community to admit their ignorance but to bitch and moan that the devs didn't make their professional software usable by a retard.
>>
>>319759228
That's hardly a source, faggot.
>>
File: 1449787137968.png (151 KB, 474x311) Image search: [Google]
1449787137968.png
151 KB, 474x311
Battlefront was a fucking failure, for once they actually lost more money than they would have earned because of the season pass and dumbing down of content.
I hope there's a gaming crash soon.
>>
This thread has been had before.

"Gamers" (people who buy video games) have super low standards. As long as they get some amount of enjoyment out of it it's a justifiable purchase.

As a company, why would you take the time and money to make something good when you can make something good-enough for less, particularly when the "good-enough" is poor due to low standards.
>>
>>319757245
I think there is n interview with EA about BF vs CoD, where they pretty much say each company spends at least 200million on marketing such games.
Meanwhile the most expensive game in pure development costs is 100million and even then +50million bugdet games are rare.
>>
File: santa nui3.jpg (27 KB, 183x182) Image search: [Google]
santa nui3.jpg
27 KB, 183x182
Meanwhile I'm over here on the Japanese side of video games playing actually fun things.
>>
>>319756979
You expect us to take you seriously with a spelling this bad and a generally awful laid out post?
>>
File: A cock asking for source.webm (889 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
A cock asking for source.webm
889 KB, 320x240
>>319758783
>>319759652
>>319757005
You know what they say about burden of proof?
>>
>>319759681
How is it that even though the Japanese gaming industry is so focused on mobile games, every console release is leaps and bounds better than anything the west pumps out, who are actually focused on consoles?
>>
>>319759681
That's good if you're a weebfag.
>>
>>319760038

It's called confirmation bias.
>>
>>319759843
>i am retarded pls rape my face
http://www.dealspwn.com/battlefield-3-call-duty-marketing-battle-cost-200-million-55606
>>
File: r u fukn serious m8.webm (560 KB, 640x348) Image search: [Google]
r u fukn serious m8.webm
560 KB, 640x348
They were even shilling it at the game awards.

https://youtu.be/-LjRCTfnLOM?t=91
>>
>>319760307
Now show me the budget of the game.
>>
>>319760441
Less than 40 million.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop
>>
File: 1440869720461.gif (858 KB, 267x208) Image search: [Google]
1440869720461.gif
858 KB, 267x208
tl;dr version is "blame Microsoft and Modern Warfare"

Yeah Halo and Goldeneye existed before CoD:MW but when the latter pulled in unprecedented sales, by marketing to fratboys and 12 year olds, the die was cast.
It was a brand new market full of uninitiated, uneducated and by-and-large unintelligent consumers with fat wallets and a taste for insipid drek. Everyone wanted a piece of that market, and the name of the game was "let's see who can pander hardest to the new lowest common-denominator".
>>
>>319760586
>MW2's marketing budget was x4 it's development budget.

ho-lee sheeeit.
>>
>>319760586
>>319760307
There we go, anyway I think that the game only has to bull in it's budget number and not marketing+budget to be seen as a success.

And while everyone here does complain marketing I have to ask what else do you expect them to do? If people don't know your game exist then how can they buy it?
>>
>>319761043
Actually decently split the costs?
Thats probably what many people want. And actually not inflate marketing and use reasonable marketing so they can actually make money back. This is also the reason why EA games have 100s of dollars dlc that isnt even worth 5$, because at best they can just make enough money to cover marketing but hardly make any money on the game.
>>
>>319756979
Increase in graphical fidelity > increase in cost of making game > need to earn more to be profitable > need to be simpler to appeal to bigger audience so it can make a profit

It's not that hard to figure out, OP
>>
>>319761043
>If people don't know your game exist then how can they buy it?
Word of mouth? If your game is good people will buy it and tell their friends.
The absurd advertising campaigns of modern triple-A games support that old adage, "marketing is what you do when you know your product is shit".
>>
>>319757005
>>319756979
Because dumb games cater to more people.

Modern society flocks to instant gratification. Make a game simple, they will like it. Give them some flashy rewards, they will love it. However, due to the game hardly having any longevity, they will be forced to buy the next game sooner due to being bored. They will have to spend more money to stay entertained because they need instant gratification on a daily basis.

Back in the days we got that feeling of reward by improving in a game. No we get it by gaining some MMR, a new badge, an achievement I dont know, pick something. You build hype for people to buy the game, make it boring so they drop it quickly after they bought it and repeat. People are too stupid to learn, developers probably realize that by observing human behaviour regarding sales. Most dont even want to buy a product, they just buy it because its 'on sale'. That probably opened their eyes in regards to impulse driven purchases which again are only a different form of instant gratification.
>>
>>319759228
>p4rgaming
>>
>>319760647

More like blame World at War.

It started the map pack trend. Was many times more popular than Halo 2 map pack.
>>
>>319759681
The japenese have gotten as bad.

There's no real deep JRPGs anymore in favor of cute animu grills and shallow combat systems
>>
>>319762058
>being this naive
>>
>>319756979
>Wahhhh why are gigantic blockbuster games that are supposed to sell millions of copies to the lowest common denominator easy and simple and built for mass appeal!?
You're fucking retarded, anon.

If you want complicated or difficult games you have to go niche. That's always been the case.
>>
>>319756979
>we want the CoD audience
this phrase is a few years old by now, but it still holds truth, pander games to the lowest common denominator and have fuckhuge marketing campaigns.

money is all that counts
>>
>>319756979
oh and I almost forgot, massively reduced development cycles.

games gotta be out in a year, the sequel's gotta be out the year after, ...
>>
>>319764493
CoD4 had map packs in the same way WaW did
>>
>>319760423
You know what, beyond the actual shilling, it was enjoyable.

I liked the Reggie Iwata speech,and the westwood tribute
>>
>>319765424
Problem is niche games are beginning to be hard to find.
>>
>>319765972
Is that a joke? There's a new indie game practically every day on Steam.

Before you respond with "but they're all interactive stories or garbage 8-bit platformers," that's only the case with American indie games. Try Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
>>
>>319766173
Even then most indie games are still trash, there nothing compared to the high quality games we used to get.
>>
>>319766281
>the high quality games we used to get
like what
>>
>>319766340
well in OP's case, battlefront. Hell most games with lucasarts were fucking amazing, Most rts are niche but have died out, aoe2 being atleast the pinnacle for me. You just don't find games that well made anymore.
>>
>>319756979
Play better games. Just this year and soon, off the top of my head:
>MH4U US Release, X and Stories soon
>MGSV
>DCSS 0.17 just last month
>Rocket League
>XCom 2
>Super Mystery Dungeon, best in the series
>Helldivers
>Ace Combat 7 PC release confirmed
>Undertale
>Starcraft II/Dota 2 custom map pack updates
>Xenoverse and NUNS4 soon
>DF patch
>GGXrd Steam release YESTERDAY, with Melty Blood/BB/UN soon
and then dozens of midrange console and steam titles that would take too long to list.
>inb4 those games are shit
Find a hobby that actually suits your taste, then.
>>
File: yuri1398.jpg (146 KB, 1080x785) Image search: [Google]
yuri1398.jpg
146 KB, 1080x785
>>319756979

Because we're now coming into the era of the Hollywood blockbuster version of video games, where all the games are just big flashy graphics and absolutely zero substance.

They're knocked out with massive marketing budgets and then left to rot while they market and hype up the next spoonful of shit.

The solution? There isn't one. If you're really into decent video games you have to hunt around the fringes and underground for the people who make video games for people who actually enjoy video games and still care about making them.
>>
>>319759323
Stop talking 20 year old piece of shit. You have never played Counter Strike or anything during the Half-life1 era or anything related back then.
>>
>>319756979
>>Rainbow six siege being CoD with guns

It's like you haven't even played it. This is /v/ so of course you haven't played it.
>>
>>319756979
You're blaming DICE for what EA is doing.
>>
>>319759228
>60%
>miniscule
>>
>>319759532
maybe console gamers. gaming is one of the most inexpensive hobbies, all things considered. I can get a game for a dollar, or even free, and play it for 50 hours. so most purchases, assuming you didnt just buy something completely bad or that you hate, work out
>>
>>319759323
>The major reasons for their absence is that most publishers just aren't willing to pay the costs involved in developing and supporting them and that they are far too complicated for amateurs to use now.

I'll buy the first reason but the second is just bullshit. Developing games has never been easier.
>>
>>319767319
i have 40 hours played it is a piece of shit. the netcode is literally worse than 2005 xbox games, it is almost completely unplayable.

in addition to the shitty netcode there is a bug in the matchmaking that puts you in games on the FARTHEST servers instead of the CLOSEST ones

ubisoft confirms all of this on their official forum btw. they're "working on it"
>>
>>319756979
Really? I think we are seeing a bit of a rebound.
"hardcore" shooters are growing in popularity, games like arma 3, RS, and insurgency.

Most games that are not for retards are either japanese or indie pc games.
You just arent looking in the right places.
>>
>>319767750
Why would you eat a piece of shit for 40 hours? Aside from the buggy netcode, which is supposedly being worked on, it's great. I haven't had that problem with the matchmaking servers. I've heard it's mostly happening in Australia and New Zealand.
>>
Buy Jap games and await the inevitable western AAA crash.
>>
>>319756979
>Sony and microsoft consoles completely overtaken by FPS war games and EA trash

>tfw Nintendo consoles and PC have the most variety and enjoyable games and fairest dlc policy

>tfw people will stop buying video games
>tfw market crashes
>>
>>319761442
But you still need marketing, you still need people to know your product exists.
>>319762058
And how do you expect word of mouth to work when nobody has seen shit of your game?

Also if your game is bad then word of mouth will just harm it.
>, "marketing is what you do when you know your product is shit".
How fucking naive are you?
>>
>>319768047
>I've heard it's mostly happening in Australia and New Zealand.
I think that explains the shitposting
>>
>>319756979
>Rainbow six siege being CoD with guns

Wut?
>>
>>319756979
Surprised they even lasted two years.
>>
>>319757829
Well, if people didn't bitch about graphics and literally everything else on every game that releases we wouldn't be getting shit. That and if call of duty 4 didn't happen we wouldn't have a casual as fuck industry too.
>>
>>319756979
There was a point in time where there was a group of people with disposable income on the fence about jumping on board this crazy whole "videogame" thing, which the publishers were able to market to with slick marketing campaigns, pumping money into graphics and letting fps and gameplay largely fall to the wayside, and doing everything they could to streamline and casualize any gameplay feature they could to further appeal to a mass market.

But now, its unlikely that the group of people who call themselves "gamers" will get much bigger, so as usual when big markets start changing, companies spend a period of time double-downing on the status quo, and that's what Battlefront represents. Double-downing on the casualization the Battlefield has gone through, wrapping it in one of the most widely liked IPs imaginable, and releasing it just before the one-two sales punch of that IP's next movie and Christmas.

If Battlefront manages to fail after all that, which it won't by the way, EA will probably be forced to stop trying to expand their market as opposed to catering to the people who are already there, but what will likely happen is that the game more than makes its money back and EA will have convinced itself once again that its the gamers who are wrong and the yearly sales losses that has defined the Battlefield series since 3 was because they weren't casualizing them enough, not the opposite.
>>
>>319768348
>But you still need marketing, you still need people to know your product exists.

Its almost as if there was some middle ground between no marketing at all and giving it the lion's share of game development. Too bad we're all too retarded to think of that immediately without it having to be explained to us.

Oh wait, that's just you.

Retard.
>>
>>319762482
This is the best analysis of it, and quite literally the truth
>>
>>319757723
Good joke
>>
>>319760423
The VGAs are more about seeing which games lose so we can shitpost about them losing rather than what games win
>>
Companies see the "untapped market" of normie gamers and try to pander to them to get their dollars while neglecting their core audience, in the process dumbing down games for them.

It'd be like moonland producers deciding that what they really want is the moonbux of the people that don't really like anime, so they stop pandering to Otaku.
>>
>>319759323
>Because their DLC is far, far, better than any comparable mod produced by the modding community.

More like their DLC provides more assets for modders to use.

I'm guessing you've never played a game where the community-made maps are better than the ones made by the dev team
>>
>>319756979
>Rainbow six siege being CoD with guns
Fuck off, retard
>>
As the market grows, the number of consumers that just want casual games increases. So developers pander to these people to maximize profits - the only way that they can turn a decent profit with production values that high is by trying to appeal to the widest possible audience.
>>
Everyone nowadays is exactly where they shouldn't belong.

Those who are subhuman lead the rest.

Those who don't care choose to let it happen.

Those who would change things have no power.
>>
>>319766173
>Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
No offense, because I like MKH, but it's a basically bloody palace with 5 enemies, including bosses. That's a tad thin on content to be compared with something like DMC3 or NG, and that's his point. Indies can't compete with the older games for a variety of reasons ranging from budget to manpower to knowhow to whatever and AAAs want the LCD, so you end up kinda stuck looking for a richer experience and not being able to find it. The only thing I can say in defense is that the majority of games, of anything, has always been junk. Just how things are.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.