[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so, i played the original 2 ps2 kingdom hearts when i was a child.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Keyblade Graveyard.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Keyblade Graveyard.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
so, i played the original 2 ps2 kingdom hearts when i was a child. i didn't get far in one(fucking Tarzan land) and shortly after the 1000 heartless battle in 2 my ps2 broke. ive wanted to give the series another shot ever since, and so i have 3 questions for you all

1: are there any videos on youtube that give a nice summation of the series?
2: what order should i play the games in?
3: HOW should i play the games? i have a ps3, but i'm inpatient and want to start now. should i use emulators? or should i just wait and buy them on ps3 all collected? i know this is fucking impossible to ask, but do you think they will re-release ANY of the old games for xbox one in anticipation of KH3 release? i really like the xbox controller, and my tag has been jrpg lonely for a LOOOONNGG time now

pic related.i don't know why,but the thought of a abandoned place full of named and unique weapons always gets my dick rock hard. i like the idea of the weapons themselves having sort of earned the respect of a final resting place in the stead of their masters i guess
>>
>>319736517
1.5 and 2.5 collections are all you need until 2.8 comes out for the PS4
>>
Always play it in fucking chronological order you fucking idiot.

LITERALLY NAME ONE TIME WHERE THIS HASNT APPLIED OTHER THAT DATED GAMES. OH WAIT YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT DOEST APPLY HERE BECAUSE YOU PLAYED THE FIRST

fucking idiot
>>
>>319736517
1.5 and 2.5 HD on PS3 are all you need.
Play them in the order the games are listed in the HD Remixes from left to right, it's the intended order and if you experience them out of order the story won't make sense.
For 1.5 HD Remix it's Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix -> Re:Chain of Memories -> 358/2 Days
For 2.5 HD Remix it's Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix -> Birth By Sleep Final Mix -> Re:Coded

After that you will need to grab yourself a PS4 for 2.8 and KH3.
2.8 isn't out yet but we already know it will have HD version of Dream Drop Distance (3DS game), Kingdom Hearts 3 Ground Zeroes Prologue, and Kingdom Hearts X[chi]

Don't even try getting into the series if you don't intend to play all of these in the proper order because this series is VERY story heavy (with nice gameplay to boot) and just as convulted as Metal Gear Solid, if not more so you need to play them all to get the full picture.
>>
>>319738531
play 358/2 Days after KH2 though
>>
>>319739803
Nomura said 358/2 Days is intended to be veiwed before KH2 in his eyes and that's the intended developer vision.
Honestly it doesn't matter if you watch it before or after KH2 but you will care about Roxas A LOT MORE if you do it before KH2 and that's why Nomura wants to people to see it first.
>>
>>319738531
It won't have X really, it'll have a side story set during X.
>>
>>319736517
Gamespot has a pretty neat vidoe series where they go over the entire lore of Kingdom Hearts
>>
>>319740128
Wasn't it supposed to have a movie version of X?
>>
Just use a fucking emulator and play the FM's.

Jesus fucking christ you underage autistic little shit.
>>
>>319740626
Yeah it is.
>>
>>319740626
Nope, it's from the Fortellers perspective instead of the player character. It tackles a different story.
>>
>>319741038
Then it's not a side story then like that other anon claims.

>>319740857
>HE THINKS PLAYING ONLY KH1 AND KH2 IS ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THE STORY FOR KH3
HAHAHAHAHA Oh wow. I can't wait to see the astronomical butthurt of all the KH1/2-Only fags once KH3 comes out.
>>
>>319741117
It's still a movie version.
>>
>>319741117
No, it's just a movie of X with Fortellers serving as narrators. It's not a separate story or anything.
>>
my ps3 is dead and 2.5 is stuck in it. and i cant open it. sadface
>>
>>319741151
It's alternate take on the X story from the Foretellers' perspective. It's in movie form to basically following the 2 games + 1 movie set up.
>>
>>319741515
The point is that it isn't a side story anon.
It's just a "tl;dr" of the X story told by Foretellers as narrators.
>>
>>319741640
Oh I wasn't arguing the side story thing I was just clarifying what it is.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.