[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Persona 3 on PSP is fucking God-tier. I have no idea why this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: persona3.jpg (242 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
persona3.jpg
242 KB, 1280x1024
Persona 3 on PSP is fucking God-tier.

I have no idea why this board almost unanimously recommends FES over P3P. FES was crippled by its shitty battle system, and P3P fixed that with direct party control. Do people seriously think less player agency is a good thing in turn based games? That a broad AI command somehow trumps the myriad of different strategies that direct party control lends itself towards almost effortlessly? And people would consider giving this up in favour of some shitty cutscenes?

Fuck this board. You're all morons. Persona/SMT thread.
>>
>>319652936
>no cutscenes
>less voice acting
>shittier VN style world "exploration", no more 3D environments
>casualized to hell
>Fem-MC's route is very tacked on and mostly just reskinned.

And yes, I preferred my team AI controlled.
>>
>>319652936
>tfw non waifu shit persona and smt threads die almost instantly
>>
>>319653120
>no custcenes
Literally who gives a fuck?
>less voice acting
Can only be a good thing. The P3 dub cast were fucking hacks.
>shittier VN style world "explorations, no more 3D environments
Motherfucker, are you seriously going to sit here and tell me that these 3D "environments" were worth exploring to begin with? They were basic as fuck.
>casualized to hell
It's a fucking Persona game.
>Fem-MC's route is very tacked on and mostly just reskinned
Haven't played it, but frankly I couldn't care less if it means the battle system is fixed
>I preferred my team AI controlled
So basically what you're saying is "I want less options in battle".

Good talk.
>>
>>319653457
>Literally who gives a fuck?
Me.
>fucking hacks.
that term literally means nothing in this context, and I hate that kids are trying to make it into some sort of adjective nowadays.
>Motherfucker, are you seriously going to sit here and tell me that these 3D "environments" were worth exploring to begin with?
Yes. And a lot more immersive.
>It's a fucking Persona game.
go play P1 and 2, newfag.
>Haven't played it, but frankly I couldn't care less if it means the battle system is fixed
Since femme-MC is the most common reason people even get this shit port, you should care. Plus they ruined the battle and Tartarus

>So basically what you're saying is "I want less options in battle".
No. You got ALL the control and options in the battle, but you're not controlling it like an omnipotent god, but instead play as a team. Kids whining about the "MARIN-FUCKING-KARIN" just can't into assigning roles and orders to their party.
>>
>>319652936
While I agree with you that direct party control is good(people defending that shit they had in P3 and FES are fucking retards) the PSP version is fucking shit compared to FES, because of the reasons people have mentioned above.
>>
I don't care what people think. I loved the P3's/ FES' combat system. It made fights bit more tactical, requiring more preparation, and made it a bit more unique experience in the sea of JRPGS
>>
If you are recommending P3P over FES as someones introduction into P3 you're completely retarded. P3P butchers the story.
>>
P3P was the only persona I could stomach after playing Persona 4 Golden. They actually added Persona 4 Personas to the game along with all the other battle enhancements and removing shitty jealously systems. FES just happened to be able to be emulated long before P3P so people hate it for the same reasons they hate golden now.
>>
>>319653867
>Me.
Shame for you, then.
>that term literally means nothing in this context
It demonstrably does. The cast are job-in fucking hacks whose performances showcase no discernible range when put aside one another.
>I hate that kids are trying to make it into some sort of adjective nowadays
It is an adjective, "kid".
>Yes. And a lot more immersive
Expound. A lot.
>go play P1 and 2, newfag
First off, fuck off with your /b/-via-ED vernacular. Second, I have. The Persona series is SMT-lite. Deal with it.
>Since femme-MC is the most common reason people even get this shit port, you should care. Plus they ruined the battle and Tartarus
I'd say the most common reason people get this port is for direct party control. But then again, neither of us can really prove this beyond shouting it at each other again and again.
>No. You got ALL the control and options in the battle
You got a BROAD command, compared to a direct command. Direct command, there is demonstrably more choice in how the game is played and which character does what. "MARIN KARIN" fucking nothing, if you seriously think a broad AI command can come even close to direct party control, and if you think the AI bullshit wasn't a direct step down from Eternal Punishment, then you're fucking deluded.
>>
>riddled with bugs
>removed a lot of fun things like weapon fusion, fusion spells, being able to use different weapons.
>shitty narration that misses a lot of details
>femc route still reffers to you as "he" in multiple instances

You're a retard, OP
Sage
>>
>>319654667
this.

>>319654989
jeez you're so mad. Your portable waifu-version of P3 sucks. Get over it.
>>
File: 1447729542890.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1447729542890.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>319655510
You've just thrown toys from your pram rather than refute anything I've said and I'm the mad one? Righto then.
>>
>>319654989
>the most common reason
>direct party control
literally only you and a handful of other sad faggots got this port because of something that minimal, the rest of the sad faggots that bought and/or played this did it because of femc
>>
>>319652936
>playing persona for the combat
it's fucking japanese school simulator
>>
>>319652936
I liked it

All I can say

I played it on my phone
>>
>>319656221
This is pure conjecture, bud. Prove it beyond doubt and I'll agree with you no problem. Don't give me that "WELL IF YOU'D BEEN ON /v/ LONG ENOUGH YOU'D KNOW!!!" shit. I've been on /v/ long enough to know that P3P was once preferred over P3FES. I even remember when this place actually liked P4 as well.
>>319656250
It's "japanese school simulator made marginally more tolerable by way of having better combat" when it comes to P3P. I know which one I'd rather play.
>>
>>319653120
>>shittier VN style world "exploration", no more 3D environments
Thank god, those are a waste of time to go through.
>>casualized to hell
Good, Persona games are full of bullshit. You can select the difficulty anyway.
>>
>blue Jesus is limited to one weapon type
Nah fuck you cunt.
>>
>>319656660
>Thank god, those are a waste of time to go through.
This
>>
Persona 3 FES butchered the story of Persona 3 and made it so the MC actually died. Japan got the Aigis story as a standalone disk.
>>
>play as FeMC
>he
>he's
>his
>his
>his
>he
>him
>>
>>319657258
If you think a shitty translation job of a mode you don't even have to play invalidates the improved combat system, then fuck you all over.
>>
>>319657467
I never said that, but ok
Also
>improved
Yeah nah, spamming multi target spells and having your teamates be inmune to death and them also protecting YOU from death is not an improvement
>>
>>319653457
>Literally who gives a fuck?
>Can only be a good thing. The P3 dub cast were fucking hacks.
>Motherfucker, are you seriously going to sit here and tell me that these 3D "environments" were worth exploring to begin with? They were basic as fuck.

Anyone who cares about the story cares about all these things m8. You know, the whole point of the fucking game.
>>
>>319653457
>The P3 dub cast were fucking hacks.
That's why you play the undub version on PC with an emulator.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.