[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MINECRAFT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
I never played Minecraft or those sort of games. I have seen however that they are tremendously popular, specially among kids. Could you guys tell me a little bit about the game? What is the objective of the game? (I know you can collect materials like wood, but no more.) What do you do in the game? Should I try a game of this sort?
>>
>>319609946
Some games like these have goals like aquire the best gear and defeat the hardest boss.
Typically though, its collect resources and/or build things until you're bored
Go pirate Minecraft, there is no harm in trying the game out
>>
>>319610115
>Some games like these have goals like aquire the best gear and defeat the hardest boss.
So it is like a dungeon crawler or an RPG?

>Typically though, its collect resources and/or build things until you're bored
That sounds like a purposeless game like a clicker though (which is a genre that even though it addicts me easily I avoid like the plague.)

>Go pirate Minecraft, there is no harm in trying the game out
There is one of those that looks like Minecraft in Steam free to play.
>>
>>319609946
>>319609946
It used to be either a "comfy" game, where you just build up your little world and try to relax, or a fun game where you went out and killed various monsters and mined the best gear. Then it got really popular, and the creator added on two new realms. He had already created these in his concept, but didn't have the means at the time. People on YouTube started playing it all the time, and creating their own stories. Now, only "Normies" play it and /v/ hates the game itself, when all they really hate is it's cancerous fanbase. If the archive weren't dead, you'd likely find a whole bunch of threads applauding the game from a seven-ish years ago.

You should give it a try anyway, but know that the "final boss" shouldn't exist, and you should never play the Story Mode Telltale is coming out with.
>>
>>319610416
Some feel like dungeon crawlers more than others, terraria is a really good example of such a game with a good loot system, but still requires you to build a house / fortress
And you're right, sometimes it literally is pointless save for just showing off big ass structures
I'm going out on a limb and saying any free to play Minecraft thing is going to be total shit, just pirate one of the more popular ones
>>
>>319609946
>facebook filename
>>
>>319610987
Nice Autism.
>>
File: goldfinger.jpg (655 KB, 888x4000) Image search: [Google]
goldfinger.jpg
655 KB, 888x4000
>>319610987
I have been using 4chan in 2006, before I got a facebook. I don't even remember where I got that from, but I had always collected stories and posts. Don't ask me to post old ones here though because those are in a dvd that I'm not going to take out and go find the files to prove my worth on an anonyous Macedonian forum.
>>
>>319612906
You put those on files on a CD for this very reason.

Prove him wrong and dump some images.
>>
Minecraft is simply one of those games that is a shadow of itself before extensive mod inclusion.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 720x1280
i love minecraft
>>
File: my eyes.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
my eyes.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>319615081
Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>319615081
I REQUIRE YOUR STRONGEST POTIONS
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.