[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metal Fatigue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Metal Fattygay.jpg (96 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
Metal Fattygay.jpg
96 KB, 650x650
Who else played this game?

I saw it while googling randomly and I've been having some mean nostalgia.
>>
It was based, fuck the AI for always spamming tons of shit underground though.
>>
Why did other games never steal ideas from Metal Fatigue?
>built parts separately, and assemple your own custom mech out of them
>train a crew and have them pilot your mech, if you get blown up you can try to retrieve your experienced crew and build them a new mech
>cut off enemy parts and either use them on your own mechs or research them so you can build you own version of those parts
>three different layers per map, mechs can even fly to the cloud layer if you give them the right parts ok the underground level was shit because no mechs and too much turtling, but still
>dat multiplayer map with the OP as fuck alien mech in the center and everyone would try and kill its defenses so they can get a crew to it and steal it

Also the story was pretty good. Too bad it's just begging for a sequel which will never happen.

It's also too bad MF isn't on GOG and the original is a complete bitch to get running properly on modern systems.
>>
>>319466970
Great fucking game. Damn shame you had to micro the shit out of the mechs if you don't want them dying like fodder.
>>
>>319468369
>RTS game
>damn shame you have to micro

Just stop playing.
>>
>>319468253

>dat multiplayer map with the OP as fuck alien mech in the center and everyone would try and kill its defenses so they can get a crew to it and steal it

Every fucking time, loved that map.
>>
>>319468486
Did you even play the damn game? The A.I. pathfinding is extremely horrible, especially if you have jumpjets on your mechs. The A.I. use them only to charge into melee despite armed with multiple long range weapons. And then you have the sub-orbital and underground to content with while all that shit is going on. There is nothing wrong with micro, but when you have to constantly babysit your mechs each and every step, then it becomes a problem.
>>
Fuck, I want a sequel to this so bad. Who even owns the rights to it?
>>
i remember enjoying this game
>>
The game is based as fuck. Can't really get it running under Win7 though, the interface messes up.
Haven't found a fix yet.

What's your favorite corp?
>>
>>319469087
Why didn't you just set the "use ranged weapons only" engagement option for that unit if you didn't want to get into melee?
>>
File: ButWhyCon_320_ch9.png (127 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ButWhyCon_320_ch9.png
127 KB, 320x240
>born too late
>missed the golden age of RTS games
>>
>>319469489
>Who even owns the rights to it?
No idea. Zono doesn't exist anymore, so maybe Mumbo Jumbo, who bought Zono, has them. But Mumbo Jumbo only does shitty casual games like Luxor and 7 Wonders, so if they have it they certainly won't use it.

It's possible either Psygnosis or TalonSoft, who published the game, still had the publishing rights, but of course those don't exist anymore either. The wiki (http://metalfatigue.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Fatigue) suggests that Matrix Games might have the publishing rights since they bought a bunch of stuff from TalonSoft.

>>319470201
Neuropa 4 lyfe, nigga.
>>
>>319470201
I think I was weirdly fond of MilaGro, they were like Orks but with a Communism-slash-Bush-clan vibe and loads of dakka and axes.

-

I want to emulate Metal Fatigue, I've found this ROM http://www.roms-search.com/dos/metal-fatigue-dos-download.html but I've never emulated a PC game before, any advice?
>>
>>319470871
Look up Dosbox
>>
>>319470871
Try this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197907-metal-fatigue/57968375
>>
for some reason, i didn't like it too much
>>
>>319471128
I downloaded that on a different laptop once, is that good for all PC roms?
>>
Awesome as fuck game.
Building your own mech loadouts was the coolest shit.
Also
>that feel when you get your first ancient mech
>that feel when you scrap it for parts, research it's components, pump out an army of broken ass ancient mechs
>>
>>319470871
>I think I was weirdly fond of MilaGro, they were like Orks but with a Communism-slash-Bush-clan vibe and loads of dakka and axes.
And mindrape. Don't forget the mindrape.
>>
>>319471376
It does a very good job at emulating a dos environment, most software can be installed and used like on a real dos system.
>>
>>319471308
the mechs were cool as shit but the rest of the game was meh
>>
>ai turtling underground
>>
File: 1438970709419.png (110 KB, 289x274) Image search: [Google]
1438970709419.png
110 KB, 289x274
>>319473314
>mfw there's a specific AI setting to make it turtle underground even more
>>
Why doesn't anyone play RTS games anymore? Starcraft is the only major RTS franchise left these days.
>>
>>319468253
Earth2150 copied, improved and added a lot from that.
>great research tree
>build-your-own unit
>autism-tier stats (heat, electronics, ammo, fuel...)
>varied factions
>air, sea, ground and underground combat
>weather system
>lighting and weather affecting LoS and running speed
It should have ben the Alpha and Omega of all RTS games.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.