[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IGN --http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/ 12/07/fallout-4-shou
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: fallout 4.jpg (8 KB, 190x234) Image search: [Google]
fallout 4.jpg
8 KB, 190x234
IGN --http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/07/fallout-4-should-be-the-last-fallout?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=4&utm_campaign=Coverstory

>Should Fallout 4 be the last fallout?

They gave it a FUCKING 9.5. Why the hell would they want it to be the last in the series?

Personally, I'm waiting until it drops dramatically in price to try it, it looks very mediocre.

But why the fuck would IGN write an article like this, completely contradicting themselves and their previous review when they declared it the second coming?
>>
The article says the game is so amazing that it should be the last because there's no way Bethesda can top it

Which is bullshit, Fallout 4 is heavily flawed. The perk system, the predefined protagonist, the dialogue system, the lack of weapon variety, the lack of interesting quests and loot, etc. are some major problems
>>
I don't get how bethesda got everyone to drink the cool aid. Fallout 3 was released 7 years ago and 4 barely looks any better. Coupled with the fact it is almost a worse game. (aside from the shooting mechanics I guess)

I played it on my buddy's xbox and was so disappointed. He was just looking at me with a big stupid grin on his face wanting me to tell him how awesome it was. I asked him if he'd played Vegas. He had not.

I mean I guess FO4 is a pretty good game for next generation of younger games, but it just sucks for the older dudes who have been gaming 20+ years.

Not to say there aren't fun games anymore. Love The Witcher 3 and MGSV and about to get XBC2. I'm about done with FO I think though.
>>
>>319384002
That's not what they said in the video. They said that Bethesda needs to just make a new IP all together
>>
>>319383598
>it looks very mediocre
You only say that because of the hatejerk. You are a drone.
>>
File: 26402.jpg (10 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
26402.jpg
10 KB, 300x225
I genuinely enjoyed 3 more, and I didn't think 3 was a very good game.
>>
Because it's a fucking opinion article and the guy that wrote it is not the same guy that wrote the review.
>>
I disagree
>>
>no pastebin
fuck off shield
>>
>>319385208
Sorry. Played it at a buddy's house. Thoroughly disappointed. Generally I'm against the hatejerk, but I'll gladly jump on this one.

Hatejerk? Everyone outside of /v/ worships this game. Those who have been around a little longer see past bethesda's bullshit
>>
I know people who have been playing games for 20+ years and still like modern stuff. I don't understand.
>>
>>319385921
Modern games are fun but shitposting about them on /v/ is even funner.
>>
>>319385921
Because they just like playing video games Anon, not hard to understand. Maybe they just like to have fun.

If you were still a kid or had enjoyment like a kid did, you'd be loving the hell out of it.

I personally think it's a game riff with problems and it's a overall mediocre to average game, but I can still find some enjoyment out of it myself.

Just gotta love video games man.
>>
>>319383598
dont wait to buy fallout 4, your gonna miss out on what is defining current gamer culture creating all new memes.
>>
Didn't IGN say that the fuckload of bugs in FO4 was a positive?

Or was that Gamespot?
>>
>>319384002
hit the nail right on the head. The biggest fatal flaw was the linear dialogue system and the mediocre quests.
>>
>>319383598
>Fallout 4
>Fallout
Pick one.
I bet even neo bioware could made a better fallout than bethesda.
Obsidian Fallout > Black Isle Fallout > Shit = neo bioware fallout > bethesda fallout
>>
>>319385921
I have been and this year I enjoyed The Witcher 3 (upon revisiting it, didn't quit enjoy it the first time for some reason.), bloodborne, dying light, SSB4, MGSV, pillars of eternity, Arkham knight (somewhat 6/10), and splatoon was new and interesting. I'm also looking forward to playing Xenoblade. However, games like FO4 just were not fun to me.

Games are just as good as they've always been. It's just a fact that some of the more popular ones are too cliched to be fun. However, those who have not been gaming as long are no doubt going to enjoy them, and that is completely understandable.
>>
hell I'd love to play fallout 4, I'm sure I'd have a lot of fun for a few hours.

But it is 60 FUCKING DOLLARS. That is one thing you have to take into account with all these games. Is the experience worth that much money. Because that is a good bit of money for 95% of us.
>>
>>319386615
poorfag
>>
>>319386615
Gee, if only the Lord Vishnu had created some form of ancient magic where we could connect to this vast web of information and just acquire complete copies of games, movies, and music without having to pay for it....man, that'd be awesome...
>>
>>319386125
>If you were still a kid or had enjoyment like a kid did

How can this ever be a positive thing? "Turn off your brain and be an idiot for a few hours and just revel in the mindless "fun"!"

This is the exact same argument people use when they want you to accept what they say without examining it critically because you'll realize it's bullshit.
>>
Fallout 4 is so and boring, and Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games ever. It's the same fucking game, and I guess I was expecting more than that. Better than New Vegas still, but only barely.
Also, this article is nonsense. Why would Bethesda stop here now that the series is so popular and when this is such a weak game? I know /v/ hates IGN but they're the only gaming site I follow and I really don't like the author, Jared Petty. Such an annoying, pretentious asshole. Just a dumb point of view.
>>
>>319387837
>Better than New Vegas
>Just a dumb point of view
Well, at least you know.
>>
Who cares what a random butthurt gamer/reviwer from IGN thinks? The article is written by a single person, not the whole IGN reviewer group,

For a second I thought it is Bethesda saying Fallout 4 will be the last Fallout game, phew. Even tho Fallout 4 is disappointing for some/most people, I wouldn't want the series to end. Something is better than nothing, and I do think Bethesda can still correct their flaws in their next game.
>>
File: 1402759644081.jpg (41 KB, 409x389) Image search: [Google]
1402759644081.jpg
41 KB, 409x389
>>319390486
>Bethesda
>correct their flaws
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.