[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OUT OF THE BLUE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: TribesAscend.jpg (217 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
TribesAscend.jpg
217 KB, 1920x1200
Dropping extremely soon is a revitalization patch for Tribes: Ascend. Since September Hi-Rez has been working with Tribes players to retool the game for this relaunch. You have been able to play the new builds for free during this whole time, few outside of the hardcore players tried it. Regardless the final Public Test Server patch is about to go live in the next few days. When this patch is finished with testing the patch will go to the live game shortly after.

As someone who worked hard with other Tribes players to help fix the game, I am proud of the work THREE Hi-Rez employees managed. I am also proud of the people I played with in our efforts to fix the game. I just wish more people would have been there during this test period. Regardless Tribes: Ascend is coming back. Here are some quick highlights.

Classes have been removed. Replacing them are Armor Classes. Heavy, Medium and Light. (All class visuals are now skins, meaning you can use the Raider look for the Medium class, etc)

Light armor allows you to carry 3 weapons, Medium 4 and Heavy 5. You can select one weapon type from each category listed.

Statistical changes have been made to each Armor Class with regards to HP, Energy, Physics and Impluse.

Paying for weapons has been removed. Leveling weapons has been removed. Players will have access to all weapons at all times at their base stats.

Credits have been removed. Upgrading bases has been removed. Airstrikes and other Call-Ins have been removed.

Perks have been removed.

Packs have been reworked.

New deployables are available including a removal of class restrictions on deployables.

ALL ARMOR CLASSES HAVE ACCESS TO 100% INHERITANCE SPINFUSORS as well as the 50% variant.

Cont.
>>
File: Skins.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Skins.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>319356018
Several retooled and new weapons

3 New maps.

Bullet Snipers are now projectile base, the Phase Rifle will remain hitscan.

Vehicles have been buffed across the board to make them once again useful and not a tacked on gimmick.

Network improvements for all users, both high and low ping.

Magic Chain will be integrated into the game. (Dynamic Visual Ping Compensation for Chain Weapons.)

A new user interface.

CUSTOM CROSSHAIRS https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OrJLH1fInJ1gMDLQe3qHUO0zBmmqiQ8bo1I3fQk4PWY/pub

Work is being done to improve skiing by potentially switching from the terrain tool to the Landscape tool which means-

-There is potential for the game to be remade or ported to Unreal Engine 4 given the response from the community on the new patch. This isn't the last patch but it could be if players don't take to it.

If you want to try this out before it goes live, head over to the Tribes Subreddit. Unfortunately since Hi-Rez deleted the Tribes Forums, the subreddit is the official forums.

People thought SMITE killed Tribes, but it actually saved it. Money and RnD made this possible. It looks like Hi-Rez are trying to match Valve. SMITE/DOTA 2 Paladins/TF2 CSGO/Ascend

Plus all previous Tribes games are now free here: http://www.tribesuniverse.com/
>>
>>319356121
>>319356018
You're about two years too late, friend. Even if they hadn't ruined the game it would be dead.
>>
>>319356018
Think you missed the boat buddy, shouldn't have tried to cash grab the first time.
>>
>>319356223
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sIMlb1A_q1cBLdl-BvZprMQebldvSwaP2VLv18G-oeo/pub
http://www.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/home/latest-news
>>
>>319356246
I'm a player, but spicy meme compadre! Posting this to let people know, because I know a lot of people didn't know and a lot of people loved Tribes Ascend.
>>
>>319356018
Missed a big one

>Due to the dramatic changes to the underlying game, all in-game purchases have been reverted and all Tribes Gold and XP refunded to your account. If you have previously purchased the Ultimate Weapon Pack or Game of the Year it will be re-added to your account. If there is any Tribes Gold on your account you will be automatically gifted the Ultimate Weapon Pack.
>>
>>319356412
You're not going to suddenly regain the user base you've been hemhorraging because you realized you made bad decisions two years late.
They aren't going to come back, the player base won't recover now, it has no momentum.
>>
>>319356663
hownew.ru to not be hype about tribes getting unfucked? games that get ruined hardly ever get a transition back to this degree

hee and haw and imply OP is an employee all you want but you literally can't be negative about this unless you're shitposting nigger

try again Y / [N]
>>
Hello, I'm retarded and need things explicitly told to me, where can I download this?
>>
>>319356663
Keep playing like I am Hi-Rez, whatever. You can be an edge lord and post your nihilistic crap on /v/ all day till you are bored and go to sleep.

I made all the same criticisms. Now, in spite of your all shit posting, there is a chance for people to play a version of the game that isn't shit. It will take some effort to get noticed, but a tile on the front page of Steam can do a lot.
>>
I don't know if I can pick this game up again. HiRez hurt me so bad.
>>
>>319356241
they should have just added hats
>>
>>319357287

Read.
>>
File: 1435509634123.png (289 KB, 415x357) Image search: [Google]
1435509634123.png
289 KB, 415x357
Might give it another shot. The vast majority of multiplayer shooters are absolute shit anyway.
>>
>>319357287

Here

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes/comments/3vfhd3/pts_4_patch_notes_server_coming_online_shortly/cxn13es
>>
I wish auto weapons weren't in the game
I had a lot of fun when everyone just used their spinfusors
>>
>>319357918
This link is a comment from the lead developer.

>If it's your first time in PTS grab it here:

You want that link. Not gonna post it here.
>>
File: duck tales.png (81 KB, 295x290) Image search: [Google]
duck tales.png
81 KB, 295x290
>>319357160
>>319357448

Look, it's ok that you're shilling on /v/, because you've gotten so much traffic from here before.
Your game was popular for a while, before you fucked it up.
For future reference, most users don't start threads with a press release.

The reason your game is dead is because you got greedy, didn't you?
You could have just enjoyed the natural growth and momentum of the game, provided a good experience for your users, and profited from that, but you chose the easy option, which was to fuck your game up for short-term profit and drive away the userbase you had created.

My point is, coming back grovelling two years after having fucked people over doesn't look like you've revitalized the game and you're taking it back to it's roots, it looks like you're no longer making money and you've decided to change business models.

For a game to be successful you need momentum, new players picking up the game usually through word of mouth, you need a healthy playerbase to populate servers, basically you need happy people who enjoy the game.

You had that, but then you fucked it up.

So now your game is dead, and this won't make it profitable again.
>>
>>319357968
They rebalanced chain weapons to make them slower but do more damage if I remember correctly. Chain weapons have not been talked about in like 2 patches.
>>
>>319356121
Why are the Blood Eagles so much better looking than Diamond Sword?
>>
File: this.jpg (262 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
262 KB, 1920x1080
>>319357812
>>
Do we know when this is actually gonna hit the real deal? Are we talking like within the week or by the end of the year or during 2016 or what?
>>
File: 1448166118897.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1448166118897.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>319358103
>>
>>319358103
It's literally two niggas who wanted to revive it. It's support ends when they can't/don't want to do it anymore.
>>
>>319358217
Toxikk and Reflex are both dead and dull.

>>319358103
Also if you keep posting your whiny comments, more people will see the thread and learn about the update. So thanks! I really hope more people are playing this weekend so I can have some fun.
>>
Never played Tribes. What happened two years ago that turned everyone away?
>>
Welp, I for one, am all for positivity. Hope the game makes a comeback!
>>
>>319358103
>So now your game is dead, and this won't make it profitable again.
it doesn't look like they're trying to make tribes profitable at all desu senpai but whatever fits your narrative
>>
I will give it ONE more try after finals. That's it, then I'm done.
They get one chance to prove they listened.

Is speed cap removed? This is important.
>>
>>319357448
>Now there's a chance to play a game that you already played three fucking years ago and it's ALMOST as good as it used to be

That's your pitch, that's what you're saying.
>>
>>319358445
>Reflex
>dead
No, you can actually get a game on Reflex.
>dull
It's literally Quake 3 with air control and a couple of other changes like armour tiers.
>>
>>319358225
I would imagine before Christman Day or shortly after. PTS cycles are pretty short. They might take more time to work on the UI. But even so, you can play the PTS which is just an unfinished version of the live patch. Still the same changes.

>>319358364
Hi-Rez is making enough money and has people who care enough to go back and fix it. 3 people and a community manager are the Ascend team currently. Every little bitchy comment that guy made, the project lead fessed up to. They don't care what fuckers like him think. They knew what they did wrong and are trying to fix it. The guy is just convincing himself in anyway possible that this won't work to satisfy is how ego and nihilism.
>>
File: 1439170767493.jpg (206 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1439170767493.jpg
206 KB, 1600x1200
>>319358637
>>
>>319358558
They're just returning to the original business model, and they think they can just pick up where they left off.

Well they can't because they destroyed their own userbase with P2W cashgrabs..

Oh but, my mistake, they're just now responding to complaints made by users TWO YEARS AGO because they just care so gosh darn much about providing an awesome and engaging experience to their valued customers.

Not because their game is nose diving and bleeding money.

http://steamcharts.com/app/17080
>>
>>319358696
Well I guess being able to get a game is better than Quake Live can manage.
>>
I actually reinstalled tribes 2 and it freaked out when I switched to 1080p and wouldn't let me interact with the interface.

Then I decided to bite the bullet and play ascend... I felt like a loser using the wannabee m4. Was pissed I couldn't use a spinfuser without grinding and I will attempt your game one more time once patch is released.
>>
>>319359048
Are you stupid? Or just retarded? I wanna make sure before I tell you how wrong you are and how you are blinded by your own ignorance and edge. If you can, reply and let me know. It must be hard to type when you have all that angst and salt weighing you down.
>>
>>319359208
Get the free Tribes 2 from the link in the OP. Then google TribesNext. It is a modern patch for compatibility and servers. Same exact game.
>>
File: 1449100398611.jpg (25 KB, 286x370) Image search: [Google]
1449100398611.jpg
25 KB, 286x370
>>319356018

Hi-Rez can say all they want, won't change the fact that there going to be fighting an uphill battle they created for themselves after burning bridges with the user base two years ago. It'll take several odd years of steady support to prove they're not bullshitting and maybe win back a fraction of the orginal players. That is if this relaunch doesn't go up in flames 6 months in.
>>
So how can I get the Ultimate Weapons Pack for the cheapest possible price since apparently anyone with Gold gets it?
>>
>>319359048
>They're just returning to the original business model
I'm pretty sure the game started off with all the P2W stuff from the beginning.
>>
>>319359349
The entire PTS was done with competitive Ascend players and hardcore Tribes fans. With the game being designed from a top-down perspective now, all skill levels will benefit.

People seem to ignore that Counter Strike GO was shit when it launched in 2012. That only this past year has it been a breakout success. It took a lot of work to get it to the point where it was playable and enjoyable.
>>
>>319359507
Everything is now cosmetic only. But I recommend you keep replying to this guy. He will keep posting and more people will see the thread.
>>
>>319359326
I did. But when switching resolution it stalled my mouse cursor to 3/4 of my screen vertically.

I use dual monit9rs and it might be the reason. But something to think about guy s.
>>
File: ishygdivisible.png (655 KB, 1166x849) Image search: [Google]
ishygdivisible.png
655 KB, 1166x849
>>319358637
>almost as good as it used to be
>full unlocks from start, more maps, network improvements and a return to many classic mechanics
>is almost as good as microtransactions, restricted classes and weapons that you have to unlock and level up, grind-to-not-pay currency, killstreak weapons and perks.

This is bait, right? It's fucking inconceivable to me that someone can be this much of an idiot.
>>
File: pipipipi.jpg (40 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
pipipipi.jpg
40 KB, 512x384
>>319359217
Why don't you tell me how having a lower 24 hour player count than fucking Evolve feels?

Tribes Ascend: 165
Evolve: 502

People like your game less than the whipping boy of poor business model decisions.
Worse than that, they just don't care about it.

You can say what you like about me, doesn't change the fact your game has steadily bled players since 2013 and is now more dead than Titanfall.

>>319359775
Do you know what Sage is my friend?
My guess is you don't, because you're a shill.
>>
>>319359825
Yeah dual monitors is most likely the issue. Number of ways to fix that be in OS or external.
>>
>>319359912
See, if people keep replying TO you, it is still a bump. So feed the fire! Use your completely off base and inappropriate data that is out of context and irrelevant. If you would like me to explain why you are stupid, let me know I can do it for you. Take everything you said so far, point by point and refute it.
>>
>>319359912
>Tribes can only be played through Steam
:^)
>>
>>319359631
While I'm looking forward to the update and you're not wrong, I feel obliged to mention that unlike Valve, HiRez has somewhat of a history of repeatedly and unapologetically fucking over it's fanbase for a new game. I know that this is a small team within HiRez who's not the big heads ( I want to punch Todd Harris in the mouth ), there's still a lot of bad blood with people there.
>>
>>319359953
It's not your responsibility to account for my dual monitors but how come it doesn't seem to affect so many games and then suddenly an independent or low key game will freak the fuck out with extra hardware.
>>
>>319359912
desu senpai, Evolve recently got a big update including a new monster, so there's a big spike in playercount. And unlike Evolve, this game is actually getting fixed.
>>
>>319356018
Too little, too late
>>
it doesn't even matter that /v/ hates it
the out of the blue patch will be based and I will finally have something besides csgo to play
>>
i look forward to the whole two weeks of relevance and whopping 200 player count this patch will bring in

TRIBES IS BACK BABY
>>
>>319359912

how can someone be such an unapologetic shitposter? like it's absurd to me that you'll go to such silly lengths to call OP a shill for a free to play game that is removing all the bullshit that made the game money in the first place. just be realistic man, they're just sending the game off by making it how it should have been. i like tribes ascend but its bullshit model made me stop, and they're removing all of that bullshit. how is that on some level not commendable? the same thing happened with quake live.
>>
>>319356018
Do you honestly believe people will come back after how you've treated the tribes community and the global agenda community?

Fuck you. And get the fuck off /v/.
>>
>>319358103
Amen, brother
>>
>>319360248
Yeah I agree and have the same concerns. Global Agenda was always bad in my opinion. It got to the point where the player count was so low, it was just pointless to carry on. Especially since they fucked themselves with poor game design and engine limitations.

Tribes: Ascend is another case that is almost completely different. The game was expensive to make. It had the players but was not making money. They had all these people yelling at them and like children they just cut their losses and ran. Tribes barely broken even by the time SMITE started being developed full time. There was a lot of bad PR and shit like deleting the forums was just disgusting.

Now with SMITE being a success and their expanded resources, they are taking on another new title and seeing if the original Ascend project lead and get Ascend back on track.

Most people are not concerned enough to even be aware of the bad blood, they just saw a game that was dead or it just didn't appeal to them. Tribes itself has a history of not being successful itself. Between Tribes 1 and 2, by the time they both left store shelves together did not even sell a million units. At a time when Halo was coming out, Tribes was still floundering. Taking on the IP and trying to revitalize it was a big gamble. It paid off, only until they realized they were not making money. That is when shit got horrible.
>>
>>319359631
>People seem to ignore that Counter Strike GO was shit
It was actually pretty good, but it seems you are one of the new players who came for the skins. You are autistic.
>>
>>319358103
From the roof nigga, preach it
>>
I don't trust Hi-Rez after their browser refused to be removed from my system.
>>
>>319360361
Well Tribes 2 came out in 2001 and I doubt the TribesNext team thought it was important to make it work with dual monitors. That or it simply could not be done. There is a wide degree of variables between game engines and utilization of them that can create these problems. I recommenced buying(pirating) DisplayFusion. See if that helps.
>>
>>319360717
Not the shitlord but Quake Live actually ruined everything to the point where they could not fix it if I recall. Like deleting stats, servers, friends lists. And destroying the core game. Tribes Ascend was just a directionless mess, not a great experience ruined by retards who lost their minds. There was a logic to how Hirez fucked Tribes. There is no logic behind Quake Live.
>>
>>319359631

no faggot, csgo was flopping because its a valve game and the only thing the idiots that play valve games like now are microtransactions. people started playing (aka idling) csgo when they realized they could get some stupid knife skin and sell it for hundreds of dollars on the community market. csgo would barely make it into the top 10 or even 15 most popular games on steam at any given day before they crammed their microtransaction shit into the game for idiots to lap up.
>>
File: Complicate_(large).jpg (24 KB, 248x248) Image search: [Google]
Complicate_(large).jpg
24 KB, 248x248
I'm always annoyed by the autodate and how it lag my computer to shit and even before that, they practically shit out new weapons instead of balancing the one you have, causing stupid amount of balancing issue in all game modes. And then you just quit and go with SMITE. You had your chance but you ruin it.
>>
>>319360856
Been playing since it came out. It is way better now, more features, better UI, stats, etc. The recent hitbox update was a godsend too. It took long enough though.
>>
>>319361207
That is only partially true because it does not bring attention to the lacking core features of the title that came along before the micro-transactions. These micro-transactions have not gotten in the way of the gameplay. The game is better than it has been, even with controversial changes like the disarm animation being changed.
>>
>>319361201

yes stats and friendslists were deleted, but it was either that as well as the game existing or just porting it to steamworks, removing the bullshit subscription features. i don't know what destruction of the core game you're talking about.
>>
>>319361647
>>319361201
Isnt Quake live dead now?
I remember reading about them going full on jew mode
>>
>>319361647
Did they undo the thing where if you didn't have a sub, you couldn't play anything but Freeze tag? I remember that, you couldn't even play TDM. Also from what you just said there, I don't see how moving it to steamworks constitutes deleting half a decade of data from dedicated users. You clearly know more that I do. I played from 2010-2011. When it got on Steam I tried it with my account, saw all the restrictions and just uninstalled. Then I read some months back they deleted everything without TELLING ANYONE ahead of time so they could just save their friend's usernames somewhere or be given an option to upload stats to be moved over. So if they have fixed it now, that is good. But from the outside in, it looked like someone at id had a brain malfunction.
>>
>>319356018
A half hearted attempt to gain appreciation and love from its userbase. There is none.

Anyone who falls for this is not better than an abused housewife.
>>
>>319361929

i mean, it's not heavily heavily populated shit but there's enough people on that i can just pop in for some clan arena shit every now and then. the game has no more subscription features, it's a flat 10 dollar fee now (which i didnt have to pay since i downloaded it again for the steamworks beta, and they gave people who did the game gratis, which was cool i guess.)

i mean, it's just quake 3 with a bit more features and players overall.
>>
I liked the old one...
>>
File: 1360981159681.jpg (73 KB, 524x468) Image search: [Google]
1360981159681.jpg
73 KB, 524x468
>>319358103

Now this is advanced aspergers
>>
i came back once with a shitty graphics card, could barely play, but i still had tons of fun.
what turned me off was how i didn't have access to the disc launcher until i grinded. so basically, it was pay to win right off the bat.
then what turned me off after that was how the defensive elements seemed to be gone.
you had no hopes of defending against anything in that game, not with turrets, not with mines or guns or anything.
if they want you dead, you're dead.
>>
>>319362235
That sounds good, still don't know why they didn't do

>>319362108
>Then I read some months back they deleted everything without TELLING ANYONE ahead of time so they could just save their friend's usernames somewhere or be given an option to upload stats to be moved over

Could have just said "Hey, we are doing X. If you do Y before X, your shit will be there when X happens."
>>
>>319358103
I am in agreement with what this anon said. If you fuck over your fanbase, don't expect them to comeback, and if you did this with the new players, they will spread how bad the game is.
>>
>>319362502

i don't know the full details regarding that, but i think it was pretty out of the blue. however, i don't know exactly how getting the stats ported over would work since it was a new infrastructure. i agree that it's pretty shitty, but the end result of this is better than the game ceasing to exist at all.
>>
>>319359048
>not because their game is nose diving and bleeding money
you mean smite? Smite's doing well that's why they can afford to even do shit with tribes again in the first place.
>>
>>319359048
>Not because their game is nose diving and bleeding money.
They made a post when they started retooling Tribes that said that the game was NEVER profitable. Smite is their first, and only, profitable game.
>>
>>319362479
So what I can say to that is: All weapons are unlocked forever from now on.

To the latter part I have more insight. Because Tribes: Ascend WAS a class based game it needed jobs for classes to do. That is what class based games are about, working together by fulfilling different jobs. What this does is tell users how to play. This is a bad thing in some cases, as it was with Tribes: Ascend. It created the false idea that you should sit in base and repair things all the time. This was frustrating because with classes like Technician, the game was telling you do exactly that while everyone else was having fun and shitting on you because the game was never designed for the task you chose to uptake.

Tribes has always been about CTF. In Ascend the class system created a problem where in order for it to work they had to change certain aspects of the game to make the classes "work". Without going into detail, an example would be the addition of the Blackout Grenade when Turrets were given shields. The grenade was added to compensate for how overtuned turrets were to make them seem useful. Which would make keeping them up seem important. That importance made people want to play technician and this "mini-game" instead of the actual game.

Tribes: Ascend was previously a bunch of smaller unconnected elements that attempted to give gratification to a number of playstyles. To make people feel good for doing stuff even if in reality what they were doing was useless. The credit system played into that.

Now with Armor Classes, we move away from Classes and into Roles. A Class is good at one thing and mediocre at others. When you are playing a role and are given more freedom - you can adapt per what is going on. You might be carrying a repair tool, but you also have 3 other guns. So if the need arises for you to chase the flag or defend it, you aren't just sitting reparing the generator because you think that is helping.

The game is now about CTF. Not classes.
>>
I'm not as bitter about hirez as I once was; I believe them now that it was between abandoning tribes ascend and going bankrupt. That said, tribes ascend was never at a state where it felt quite right really. What kept me playing was the expectation of improvement. Going back to basics is a good start, but it's going to take some work to make the community grow. I'll give it a try though. Early tribes ascend was incredible.
>>
>>319363104
>>319362919
Exactly the point the guy doesn't get. SMITE was so successful they are making a new Class based shooter called Paladins, while a small 3 man team goes back to Tribes to make it not a class based shooter, but an actual Tribes game.
>>
So do the old tribes games work online? Never played any of them and I have a thing for old FPS, so I'd love to play them all. Do they at least have single player?
>>
>>319358696
lol son why not just fucking play cpma LOL
>not finding pugs online or making some friends n lanning/pugging with irl friends
fucking casual meme kid detected
>>
>>319363367
I agree and I think the best way to illustrate how Tribes: Ascend never clicked is with the evolution of Bella Omega. If you know what I am talking about, the example speaks for itself. Bella Omega was changed about 5 times before it was dropped. When it came back it was pure shit.
>>
There is one thing I need to know. Is the speed cap removed?
>>
>>319358696
>It's literally Quake 3
That's the problem, been there, done that about 8000 times already
>>
>>319363583
Vengence has a singleplayer that is pretty good. It is the only one to do so. It explains some of the lore as well. Tribes 2 can be played online if you google TribesNext and follow those instructions. You can use the free Tribes 2 game in the OP to do it. Tribes 1 may have some small PUG community but I do not know. Vengeance and its own TribesNext called ReVengeance. Next and Re and not very populated.
>>
>>319363618
No, but all impact weapons now give more impulse which means you can reach 345 or whatever faster and more often. Caring about a speed cap means you are blind the fact that things need to be balanced. You can still go fast, faster than before and faster more often.
>>
File: 1421873481461.png (139 KB, 436x438) Image search: [Google]
1421873481461.png
139 KB, 436x438
>mfw ignoring the flag and just having a generator party
>>
Might give it a go.
They're going to have a hell of a time trying to get people back into the game.
>>
>played this shit for countless hours even after it died
>finally quit for good after they started making these changes a few months ago
At one point they thought it would be a good idea to test out making fats completely immobile. I knew right then that these "fixes" would make the game even worse.

>>319363618
>speed cap
>>
File: 1448042311216.jpg (5 KB, 201x201) Image search: [Google]
1448042311216.jpg
5 KB, 201x201
>all these changes to make it more like tribes 2
>still tiny fuck arena maps
>still designed around LOL FAST over actual tactics
>still no group vehicles
>still tiny player counts
>>
>>319363971
This is good enough for me thanks
>>
All those changes and they still keep HP regen.
>>
>>319363824
Yeah all these game that are trying to bring back or remake older ones do not make sense to me. Especially MP games. There is a reason they died. Either they got stale, lost users or some other reason. Playing the same thing you played when you were a kid can be cool. But it is not good business and usually isn't a good experience.
>>
>>319356018
Don't forget the post ebin ragtag reddit copypasta!
>>
>>319364107
Also know that there is a new pack called the Rage pack. What that does is when the flag is captured, you inherent a % of the speed of the capper when you activate the pack.
>>
>>319364120
Tentative to change. But now all health packs heal you, you don't need a perk. You can disable HP regen on custom servers, like you always could. Pretty much everything shit about old Ascend could be turned off with private servers. That was the problem, you wouldnt need to do that if the game was already good. It is much better now.
>>
>>319364120
people laughed at me for suggesting this would do more than anything to fix the game

some people actually think health regen should be a staple of this game
>>
>>319364050
I fought for more tactics and such. Problem is the 3 man team and time frame. Also every Tribes game is drastically different from the last. Ascend has its own identity, these changes help define it. You may not like it, and that is ok. There are something I don't like about it as I said. I wanted more tactics. But you can't change every map, update arena and everything in 5 months.

This is a starting point and a big point of contention if map scale of all maps. They are going to be changed where needed. Things like Raindance are shit because of scale, not just bad design.

Raindance doesn't work in Ascend because it isn't the same game as Tribes 1. Just like Tribes 2 wasn't the same as 1, Vengeance, etc etc.
>>
>>319364536
>>319364391

There is serious discussion about this and it might happen before the patch moves to the live game. You have to consider though, with everyone carrying more weapons, shit gets pretty crazy. Health regen makes it so that if you win a duel, you don't have to walk back to base to heal. This game is not like old Tribes where tactics and vehicle assaults were the core. This game focuses on infantry coordination, aim and speed. That is what it is going for, so to judge it based on the older games does not make sense for the context of what is considered a success for Ascend. Try it, it is free. I never minded regen in Ascend simply because the game is centered around duels more. If you win a duel you can progress in the most basic application of the concept.
>>
>>319358180
Weird, I was just thinking the opposite when I saw that image. Especially heavies, god damn DS's heavies look so much better than BE's
>>
>>319358180
Because they look more tacticool anon.
>>
>>319365328
Filthy Sandraker
>>
>>319363307
how'd i know it was all going to boil down to that pointless class system.
>>
>>319365118
just give everyone survivalist
>>
fuck you open this isn't new.
Same pandering to reddit, servers fluxuation on being even online or populated enough for 3v3s, with some rare exceptions.
I bet they got a bunch of useful testing from all that. Thankfully if it gets popular you can bet hirez won't try and fuck them over again!

I had hope but taking down the pts servers and being quiet about it for a week and then wondering where the 16 players went killed my mostly non existent hope for NuTribes. At least we get maps and still no editor. Right?
>>
>>319365701
It was always the problem more than anything else gameplay related. They took the game and cut it into sections and said what class should go where. The users playing those classes operated in that area of the game because they were told to do so by the game. When they tried to step outside that predefined area of play, things didn't always pan out. So while an Infiltrator is spending all game racking up points by breaking the generator, they really are not helping the team. Because if the generator goes down, and no one is capping or because emplacements that patch are shit - it doesn't matter. But the game told you it did by giving credits and points. So you spend your time doing things that don't capture the flag or defend it. You defend turrets more than the flag. You attack the generator more than the flag.
>>
>>319366114
They did. All ammo packs drop health now. Which is why they are seriously considering getting rid of regen.
>>
>>319366373
All the problems in the old system are still currently present imo. None of that really changes from.live to pts, maybe just replace the word class with roles.
>>
>>319366157
They are moving the PTS changes to live because they know the PTS is not populated enough to get real tests done. So they are confident enough with the changes they are willing to put it out there to get more feedback.

Expecting the map editor to come out as a priority is just stupid. Especially given there are 3 people working on it right now. A map editor for a broken mess is not worth anything. Even more so since the game engine still uses the unreal engine terrain tool and not the landscape tool. So, be reasonable. If the new version of the game is received warmly, a map editor is very likely. If the game grows once more, you will probably see a Steam workshop update.
>>
>>319366680
That isn't true. By simply getting rid of the idea that you should play a certain way that is divorced from the rest of the game, that changes a lot. You are not restricted to carry only weapons of your class now, you can carry any weapon set for your armor type. This combined with more pack options and deployables means you can create more ways to play, while not being funneled into being useless. It gives players the responsibility to look at all these new tools and decide what to do with them.

If you carry a repair tool as a medium because you want to repair things, that does not prevent you from carrying a Spinfusor or Plasma Cannon. What does that mean? That means you can defend yourself, attack and defend the flag more effectively than if you were a technician with your limited number of choices. Giving you more choices and agency is the exact opposite of what a class system does.
>>
>>319366887
>Expecting the map editor to come out as a priority is just stupid.
Did you know we were promised one a year before smite came out, and that's what that complaint is about?
I'm well aware that's why they're pushing it. It's a seriously bad call. If they actually bothered to voice something about tribes and a pts that didn't shit itself in the launcher every update, maybe someone would actually get on for muh perdition
>>
>>319367273
But you still.might take the thumper since their damage is virtually the same.
No the problems aren't 100% present, that's an exaggeration, but they're still there. Less so? Sure.
>>
>>319358103
why do you want it to be dead? Seriously I don't understand. If you actually played this game and aren't just a epic internet hate machine memer, why would you not want this to work out? Quit being a little bitch
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 401x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 401x479
>>319359912
sage doesn't work anymore newfriend

>tfw you're not a newfag anymore
>>
>>319367356
A promise was broken, yeah it was. What is happening now is better than never getting that map editor. That was your complaint. I was saying how expecting one given the circumstance is stupid. It is unreasonable.

I also agree that pushing it to live is a bad call. I think it is way too soon. It needs more time. They could fuck this whole thing up by not presenting a good enough package which causes people to lose interest again. I told you why they are doing it, and you apparently know.

I made the thread to get people into the PTS. Because clearly Hi-Rez are too stupid to properly push their own game. Tweeting about it to all 6 of your followers does nothing. But then again remember, Tribes was never a mega hit. It never had mass appeal. It is a small group of fanatics, myself being one of these fans. The PTS had some good work, not enough people and not enough time. What was done with next to no budget and time is pretty good. However someone higher up is making the call to push it. At least we can hope that making it live isn't the kiss of death.
>>
>>319367561
That doesn't make sense.
>>
fuck hi rez

as much as i miss tribes, im not going to support this shit after what they did

they had their chance and they fucked it up
>>
>didn't spend any money on tribes ascend
>stopped playing when all the cash grab stuff started
>see these notes coming out

neat
>>
>>319362143
nigga what? that's not the same at all

i don't care about the community politics bullshit

i just wanna play a fun game and tribes is fun and this patch is gonna help make it more fun

shazbots, the lot of you
>>
>>319368256
>I don't care what he did I just want him!
Sounds like a house wife desu
>>
I don't wanna get hurt again op

i'll probably reinstall
>>
>>319368553
Gotta get the PTS link
>>319357918
>>319358054
>>
Also I just wanted to add
>Ditch classes
>Even less direction for new players than before
>Still leave out a tutorial, making all new players helpless idiots
BUT AT LEAST WERE GETTING A NEW PATCH
Hey, friendly reminder one of the three dudes was working/wanted to be working on smite, but he got stuck doing levels for the new tribes content.
You know like that new old map... again again.
>>
>>319368371
i didn't spend money on fake guns like you did, asshat

i zipped around at mach speed and thumped DS ass with my thumper, only thing hirez took from me was space on my harddrive friendo
>>
File: 1423467485847.png (223 KB, 378x373) Image search: [Google]
1423467485847.png
223 KB, 378x373
>>319358103
HiRez said from the start they know this won't make it profitable. They're literally doing this because they want to fix problems and make the game better.

Are you retarded, anon?
>>
>>319368834
That projection is intense.
>>319368913
A corporation said something, thank god they're always so forward and honest. You think they're going to fix problems like the last year they worked on it? You know like how they abandoned it?
>>
>>319368809
Yeah, which is why I think pushing it to live is a fucking terrible idea. But unless more people play it and tell them what they think, they will push it. So by ACTUALLY LETTING PEOPLE KNOW IT EXISTS, because Hirez did such a great fucking job at that - we might see some positives. I made the thread, but I am 100% apposed to not pushing the update to live unless there are new tutorials and other amenities.
>>
>>319369153
>You know like how they abandoned it?
Yeah, lemme run my company into the ground to make a bunch of autists on 4chan happy. I pissed away a ton of money but the neckbeards on /v/ are happy and that's all that matters!!!
>>
HAVE THEY FUCKING FIXED PROJECTILE SPEED INHERITANCE YET
>>
It just makes me sad that THREE PEOPLE could do this in such a short time. They could have made a good game in the first place. I'll still pick it up again though.
>>
>>319369153
Because unless they did, the company would go bankrupt. What they did was shitty, but at least I understand why they did it. What I dont understand is deleting the forums and lying about "the game is complete" when it was a service platform from day 1. It was meant to be updated. So yeah, give and take. Right now given them a shot and take what you can get. It's an improved Tribes, but it is being given much too soon.
>>
>>319369293
You forgot the part where it became pay to win before the beta ended, Hirez employee. Thanks for playing though.
>>
>>319369153
how does that affect me thumping Diamond Spics? you wanna get upset over dev history, go ahead sweet little sally, i'll get someone to tuck you in while i'm capping

go play a game you do like, jesus knows it's not that hard
>>
It's too little, too late.

I could put up with the minor issues like small maps and weird physics in the beta. I can't put up with them in the finished product. I didn't give a shit about the P2W weapons.
>>
>Classes have been removed
Lost interest immediately.
This is so fucking retarded I wish there was a physical copy of the game I could destroy as an effigy.
All I want from you faggots is to bring the game back to before you removed bella omega and added that stupid volcano shithole and that stupid tiny shithole.
Release the source code and fuck off hi-rez, you've already proven your complete incompetence.
>>
>>319369313
I know everything about the patches, so if you are more clear with your question I can try and answer. If you mean did they add 100% inheritance weapons, they did. They also touched the inheritance of other weapons as well. Like the Plasma Cannon now has negative inheritance.
>>
>>319369228
>But unless more people play it and tell them what they think, they will push it.
The problem here is that I'm fairly certain the whole talking user base, live included, is already on reddit.
>>
>>319369396
what did they actually do?
>>
File: fast.jpg (116 KB, 600x798) Image search: [Google]
fast.jpg
116 KB, 600x798
Its time, shazbots.

Its time to dump your tribes folder.
>>
Game fell to shit when hi-rez started listening to people who's opinions are fucking WRONG.
All of the loudmouths on the forums, all of the sluts in their development team with more cleavage than brains.
Now they're going to break everything further just in a vain attempt at hoping it works out in the end?
Are you fucking kidding me? This is the shittiest design philisophy I've ever seen.
This is how you ruined GA too you dumb faggots.
>>
I sadly couldn't take part on the original Tribes: Ascend beta community because shit computer at the time, but I was always amazed by the movement speed.

I understand that there's a speed cap now and that it might be necessary for balance, but tell me, what's the difference in speed from then and now for a flag chase?
>>
>>319369640
Try before you rage. Being able to pick any 3-5 weapons means you can become a reaper of death and play how you want.

>>319363307
>>319366373

I agree in that I liked the older Bella Omega, but that version was changed about 5 times. So you'd have to be specific. At this point anything is possible and I personally have pitched the idea to bring back version 2 of Bella Omega. As have many others.
>>
>>319358103

I agree that HiRez fucked it, but now they're trying to unfuck and that changes they made seem legitimately good.
>>
>>319356595

Holy shit. I bought the GOTY edition, so I'll get that $30 added back to my steam? When will it be added back?
>>
>>319369923
>Being able to pick any 3-5 weapons means you can become a reaper of death and play how you want.
I could play however I wanted by picking a class that suited whatever I felt like doing at the time dipshit.
The problem is half the fucking classes weren't viable because of shitty level design.
And I don't see "removing garbage levels like rain dance, which doesn't work with the TA mechanics, and added back bella omega" in the god damn patch notes.
>>
>>319358103
What this guy said, and a lot of those changes seem terrible to me. I liked earning my shit. It gave me the chance to get good while my gear improved.
>>
>>319369664

>negative inheritance

wtf

They should just give ALL weapons 100% inheritance
>>
>>319369816
Have you ever played a Tribes game besides Ascend? Then you would know what is being done by removing classes. Try before you rage, if you don't like it - rage.

As to who they listen to now, they listen to the most skilled and informed but are open to opinions from anyone. They have a clear idea of what they are doing and are letting community input steer the coarse with numbers and minutia.

Hi-Rez fucked up, but crying about it now doesn't make you better. It is just platitude.
>>
>>319369923
>I agree in that I liked the older Bella Omega, but that version was changed about 5 times
Open top area, underground generator.
Everybody knows it was the best itteration, before you faggots said "hurr lets make it so you can fit 3 fucking tanks in the generator room"
No shit nobody liked it after that.
>>
>>319370205

>I liked the skinner boxes because seeing unlocks made my dopamine tingle
>>
>>319370225
>Then you would know what is being done by removing classes.
Yeah same shit as adding raindance, appealing to T2 faggots.
TA was perfectly fine before you retards started ruining it for the sake of making it more like a game which had at best fringe similarities.
>>
>>319356663
nigga have you even played the game, just use the jetpack
>>
>>319370225
>They have a clear idea of what they are doing and are letting community input steer the coarse with numbers and minutia.
That's how the ruined the game in the first place.
A good game designer designs the game, and not panders to the loudmouth 0.01% of players who actually had a forum account.
Those people are fucking idiots, they sit there bitching because they're shit at the game and want it dumbed down so they can play it better, everyone else was having a blast and didn't have time to bitch on the forums.
>>
>>319370025
Asking this as well
What happens if T:A is no longer in my library?
>>
>>319356018
So uh, speed caps removed?
>>
>>319369879
Speed, velocity and impulse all need to be considered. Speed and velocity is high school stuff, you should be good there. Impulse is how much velocity and speed is inherited from an explosion in a given direction.

The speed is still there, but is balanced. There are new tools like the rage pack as outlined here >>319364241
>>
>>319360152
Sage literally prevents bumps in a post though. Replies don't matter Mr PR man
>>
>>319370142
Learn to read friend. Read what was given to you before you make yourself look even more stupid.
>>
>>319370142
I still don't see anything about removing raindance.
>>
>>319370220
Nah, it actually is pretty fun. You have your 50% fusors, your 100%. Then you have other weapons spread around between. The negative inheritance is actually useful and fun to play with.
>>
>>319370589
>>319370589

>He thinks sage still works

Look who's the newfag now
>>
>>319369293
You generally don't piss off your target audience and expect them to come back. Most of the time, they will wish that you rather go bankrupt instead.
>>
>>319370378
There are things to give and take from each version of the game. The limited and fixed armor class system in Ascend now is a good balance for Ascend. It is not an exact copy of any other version.
>>
File: viral.png (121 KB, 820x693) Image search: [Google]
viral.png
121 KB, 820x693
Welcome back hi-rez.
Shame you guys had to ruin the game, bet you'd like us to get another reddit v 4chan game going to revitalize your mess of shit.
>>
>>319363971
But that's not a speed cap removal. Shit patch desu
>>
poust shazbot
>>
>>319370534
The people doing the talking here were informed on a level you probably would not believe. If you bothered to take a look, you would know. Hi-Rez knows what they want to do. They wanted to keep stealth in because people thought it was fun, the feedback from the PTS was to get rid of it. Hi-Rez said no, people like it and it stayed. When asked about thing like linear vs. banded splash damage or impulse....well why don't you tell me what you think is better?
>>
>>319370904
>It is not an exact copy of any other version.
Yeah, I know, it's a mishmash of the worst qualities of both, pretty much the reason TA started falling to shit in the first place.
It was doing perfectly fine, it was skyrocketing on it's own momentum, and then the devs said "no, we don't like TA, lets take everything good about TA, cut it out, and replace it with T2"
I'll install this shit when I get confirmation on legal documents that whoever designed temple ruins was fired or killed for their crimes against this game.
>>
File: 1447572787858.png (439 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1447572787858.png
439 KB, 1024x1024
>>319371064
Seriously though, would you come back and play if they said there would be no more speed caps?

Be honest. You wouldn't come to the internet just to lie now, would you?
>>
>>319370581
>>319363971
>>
File: time for shazbot.jpg (113 KB, 700x894) Image search: [Google]
time for shazbot.jpg
113 KB, 700x894
Never deleted my shazbot folder. Did they remove the speed cap? Did they remove impact nitrons making you drop a flag? Did they remove Inf going visible when trying to invisible cap? Does anyone even play this game anymore? Do I get some sort of compensation since I know I still have jewbucks that I never spent since the game went into the shitter before beta was over.
>>
>>319371160
>well why don't you tell me what you think is better?
Why the fuck would I do that? Do you think I am a game designer? Why does my opinion matter to you.
Perhaps you should consult your design document, not some fucking nobody on 4chan you useless dipshit.

Literally everything that went wrong with every hi-rez game was pandering.
>>
>>319370947
This is an unreasonable stance to take. But if you care that much then it is your prerogative. There is a reason for it and it makes sense. Not sure what else to say.
>>
>>319356018
So what gear do you spawn in? I played it whenever I first heard about it and people spawning in their loadouts was a deal breaker. My favorite thing to do in Tribes 2 was base raping. There was no point in Ascend. At least when I played.
>>
>>319371229
Nothing you said there makes sense or is accurate given the frame of time you are referring to. You should read up before you speak. If you need me to tell you why you are wrong just give me a shout.
>>
>>319370296
No, it was rewarding players for sticking with a piece if gear and not sucking with it. I'm all for giving gear from the get go, but upgrades should stay.
>>
>>319371409
>There was no point in Ascend. At least when I played.
Shame you didn't play before they removed bella, back when raider was viable.
All I would do was blow up generators, turrets, and baserape.
>>
File: 1439171080639.jpg (88 KB, 852x1200) Image search: [Google]
1439171080639.jpg
88 KB, 852x1200
>>319371384
>>
>>319370779
But it does. Observe.
>>
Call me when they add the grapplehook from T:V
>>319369515
That salt.
>>319369923
>any 3-5 weapons
That you're locked into for your armor type.
>Play how you want
If the other team sucks and you stick to the appropriate armor type for what it is you're doing.
>>319370142
He's right, Raindance is a shit. Just saying.
>>319370296
>Hirez didn't try to jerk off the player every 5 matches for this very reason because a lot of games do it now for addiction
So based, right?
>>
>>319371394
That reason sucks desu. Remove cap.
>>
>>319371465
Right, because they didn't add raindance to appeal to T2 faggots.
Because they didn't make the game route running and sniper camping because that's all T2 was.
Because they didn't make bases and base defenses irrelevant because T2 didn't have them in any notable capacity.
>removing base defenses completely
Great, RIP infiltrator and raider, not that you were ever viable anyway, I can't wait to see the entire game be standing on flagstands, lights flying around, and snipers.
JUST
T2
>>
>>319371409
Naked spawn is not in the game. There is a group of people who like it, but for the overall good of the game and the community it is not present. There was discussion about it, but since I didn't want it in personally I didn't pay attention to any discussions on the matter. All I know is HiRez and some other people talked about it.
>>
>>319356018
>>319356121
I mean, i'll try it.
>>
HOL UP

What OP isn't mentioning is that players of the r/Tribes subreddit are up in arms about the new changes and think they will spell disaster for the game. Feedback threads are full of players bemoaning the drastic alterations to their beloved game.

One casualty of the new patch is that - yes, this is really happening - double disc loadouts will no longer exist. The small but fervent community of explosives-only "honor" players will most likely die shortly after the patch goes live. Sniping has been neutered (for better or worse), chasing is still broken, and heavies are utterly dominant and ruin the previous game balance. Not to mention that 2 of the 3 new maps are objectively terrible.

This new patch may bring in a small bump of players for a couple weeks, but it will simultaneously split the existing community - many old players don't want to relearn the game they (obviously) so dearly love.

Don't mistake Hirez's gesture as some generous, altruistic act - they're only throwing some meager, token update at us because of the MASSIVE amounts of negative PR received during their recent Paladins reveal. The Paladins announcement thread was heavily downvoted and full of scathing posts about how HiRez games aren't worth investing time in because they'll eventually be abandoned. Surprise! Two weeks later they announce they'll be working on Tribes again.

So please, just let it go. The sooner Tribes finally and completely dies, the sooner they'll start work on Tribes Ascend 2.

tl;dr Tribes is dead; this won't bring it back. HiRez still doesn't give a shit and is only using this as a marketing tool for their new shitty game.
>>
>>319371552
>b-but I wanted to pander to you senpai and make you play my game so bad uguu
>>
>>319371160
>When asked about thing like linear vs. banded splash damage or impulse
Like 25 people who are the vocal minority,I guess now also general majority, posted on reddit?
>>
>>319371813
>This new patch may bring in a small bump of players for a couple weeks, but it will simultaneously split the existing community
That seems to be a running theme with hi-rez.
Jesus the shit they did with global agenda.

I just hope they give up soon and release the source code, I am super down for fixing this game back to what it was.
>>
>>319371679
T2 was about slower, vehicle based attacks. Vengeance was about skiing and speed. In T2 you were able to go fast because there was no cap. In Vengeance there was a cap. Ascend is closest to Vengeance out of all Tribes games. From what has been shown and said, there is a considerable effort to make the game good, not just like the older titles. I feared that they would just make T2, but that really isn't possible given what is already there. There was never a point where Ascend was even close to 2 in a meaningful way.
>>
>>319371372
The answer to these is no.
>>
>>319358179
They should rebalance them so they suck ass. The fluff said they weren't even used because they couldn't pierce combat shields, plus I hate the playstyle.
>>
>>319372005
Remove cap
>>
>>319371160
>The people doing the talking here were informed on a level you probably would not believe.
I know they were informed, they have no life and sit around redesigning the wheel.
You what to know what the best kind of splash damage is?
Whatever the fuck was in the very first itteraion of the game.
It worked, nobody complained, nuff said.
But no, we need to appeal to the 0.00001% of people who think dumb shit like this matters and will bring back thousands of players.
Seriously pull your head out of your ass.
>>
>>319356018

Can't succeed. One of two things is going to happen:

1) It doesn't make any money. Even if it's good, it's not going to bring back anything like the playerbase they originally had. The hype is gone from the original launch, and on top of that there's a considerable part of their previous playerbase that is just straight pissed off at them (you've seen them in this thread). It might succeed as a public-relations stunt but the playerbase isn't going to get big enough to keep it playable for any but the few hardcore guys who stuck around from the first time. After the initial bump in population (assuming there is one) dies down, new players are going to go back into getting lumped into the same one or two lobbies per region with the veterans, getting trounced, and leaving because the community has shrunk to the point where only the die-hards still exist. Long-term playerbase remains as barren as it is now, and nothing changes.

2) It does make money. Big daddy Hi-Rez Proper steps in and monetizes it again, and it dies again. They have done this with literally every game they've ever made that has made a shred of profit--including this one. They haven't learned their lesson yet, I see no reason why this time would be any different.

Either these changes will fail to jump-start Tribes back to life, or it will bring it back just long enough for Hi-Rez to rape it back to death again. There's no happy ending here.

I hope everything turns out great, of course. I put hundreds of hours into this game. I bought $30 worth of Tribes-bucks at one point and never even ended up spending it all, I just wanted to reward the developers of a game I enjoyed. I really, really like T:A. But there's no universe where it comes back.

It can't, at this point.
>>
>>319372005
Tribes 2 Base was slow and boring yes but Classic was great.

>>319371697
Why even have inventory stations?
>>
>>319372005
>There was never a point where Ascend was even close to 2 in a meaningful way.
And yet they took away bella omega and gave us fucking raindance.
Don't get me wrong, I fucking LOVED raindance in T2, it worked perfectly.
But in TA it is fucking awful, and hi-rez doesn't get why because they're trash developers.
>>
Just release the source code and assets hi-rez, you've already fucked up this game too many times in consecutive order for anyone here to trust you.
Give up and hand off the torch, please.
>>
>>319372059
>chasing wasn't dead enough already
>i want more snipers in the game!
>>
>>319360560
fucking underrated post.
>>
Judging by the fact every patch this game has gone through has been consistently worse on a logarithmic scale I think this will be the one that finally puts the player base in the negative numbers.
>>
Let's get a list of shit Hi-Red ducked up on:
>Speed cap still not removed
>Classes removed
>All gear unlocked from start
>Impact Nitrons still make flag drop
What else?
>>
>>319371813
This is all true. I myself was vocal in trying to fix things in a different way, but since I am not a venerated member of the community, Sean did not listen to me ever. There is a lot of divisive changes. But I am doing 2 things here. Letting people know this is happening, so they can try it. Because HiRez are morons and cannot bring attention to their PTS. Secondly, if I just get people to try it they can decide if they like it. A majority of people don't care about honor duels. Sniping is in a better place and require more skill, is less ping dependent. Hi-Rez are pretty infamous, but being hesitant and disappointed is not the end of the world.
>>
File: 1447351342201.jpg (56 KB, 599x476) Image search: [Google]
1447351342201.jpg
56 KB, 599x476
>>319372395
Remove cap
>>
>>319372451
Game still sucks.
>>
>everyone just wants old TA back
>hi-rez just keeps pushing it forward down some sort of retarded path that makes no sense
Guys, just fucking stop already, what the hell are you even doing anymore.
It's like you're driving down a cliff into lava and say "don't worry guys, this time I got this" as you keep doing dumber and dumber shit that accelerates your game faster and faster towards smoldering ruins.
>>
File: infil.png (81 KB, 352x322) Image search: [Google]
infil.png
81 KB, 352x322
>>319364002
>mfw I infiltrate parties
>>
>No no flag drag
>No go
>>
So it's still just going to be doom bringers sitting on point, while skrikes and snipers shoot at flag carriers while flag carriers jet around doing routes.
Great, call me when you fix that shit.
>>
>>319372117
Don't forget that 90% of the people who pick Tribes up again will be forced to play against autistic players with literally thousands of hours of experience.

Not only are there level 50 players who join novice servers to ruin their fun, but in the public servers there are many players who can go 100:1 k/d.

The game was fun in the beginning because you still felt like you were on even ground - everyone was learning and getting good together. It's no fun being absolutely ruined by people in a game with a skill ceiling as high as Tribes.
>>
>>319372221
Ammo? Loadout changes and armor changes. If the gen is down, you can't switch your class on spawn or in game.
>>
>>319372413
But it wasn't. It was basically a blog post stating a personal view and nothing more. It didn't warrant a reply.
>>
Loved the old tribes games, loved ascend in pub play for what little time it existed. Loved GA.

Hirez has dumb marketing, management, customer and community support, but I think whoever actually designs the games does a good job.

Might try Ascend with a new patch. Probably not though. Ded is ded.
>>
>>319372451
I liked the class removal and nitrons the way they are, fight me.
>>
>>319358103
it stopped being profitable years ago, now that they have a stable money cow with Smite they can afford to come back and mess around with Tribes. I'll give it a shot.

Just give me more Rabbit tho
>>
>>319372605
>everyone just wants old TA back
Why though? The game was never not completely broken.
>>
>>319372783
Okay. Meet me in downtown State College tomorrow at 8. Well throw hands. I'll even let you swing first.
>>
>>319372245
They do get it to some level. I was there in the thick of it discussing it. The scale is all wrong for starters. The map is too big, it takes too long for action and every part of the spawn leads into a bowl that can easily be shat on, that is hard to get out of. The lack of hills makes chasing almost impossible. Which means due to the poor flag stand location and everything else - it doesn't work in Ascend. So what do you do? You rework it. But you can't rework everything right off the bat. Ideally they should wait, but that is not happening. The best they will do for now is scale it down.
>>
>>319372902
Broken=/=not fun
>>
>>319372117
A lot for the people who are angry are that way for pretty illogical reasons. But a majority are just in their disdain. Though letting it prevent them from giving it a shot seems foolish.
>>
>>319372919
How's a nigga gettin to penny by 8 tomorrow from cali?
>>
Doesn't matter how shit the company is, or how shit the balance is, or how shit whatever is. They got the movement and weapons right, I'll probably still play it.

Tribes is tribes, you get what you get.
>>
>>319372902
It was fun, that's all that mattered.
It's not fun anymore, it hasn't been for a long time, just a long ass string of shit maps and dipshit design decisions, buffing the broken and nerfing the non-viable.
>>
>>319372825
Playing sniper in rabbit was pure comedy gold.
>>
>>319373056
Vague condescending remarks will just get you more shitposting
>>
>>319373003
It was only fun when no one knew what they were doing.
>>
>>319372951
>The best they will do for now is scale it down.
The best they could do is pull that trash from the rotation, they did it to bella which was an infinitely better map so why not just fucking cut it? Same with temple ruins.
I swear whoever made those maps better suck dick like a flesh light hooked up to a vacuum cleaner.
>>
>>319372605
>>319372902
This and just about every 3rd post is why it is so hard to please people with this game. Any changes made to anything will be disliked by someone. Most often without understanding why it was or was not changed.
>>
>>319356018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSsiII5uNY4
>>
>>319373178
That's completely wrong you retard, the game had simple to learn hard to master mechanics, everyone knew exactly what they were doing
You're either defending, or attacking, simple enough.
The only time knowledge ever meant shit was in 7v7, which was always trash.
>>
>>319373056
it seems foolish to give them another chance when they ruined their game so hard
>>
>>319373306

That's true of every change made to anything ever, but most developers somehow manage to not be so hated by their players.
>>
>>319373215
I agree they suck. There is this one guy from the community that is basically a map design genius and breaks down why 90% of the maps are crap. He is right too. I feel the mistake being made here is that they are pushing gameplay changes that are not tuned for the current map design.
>>
>>319373437
Well Hi-Rez are morons. That coming from OP.
>>
>>319373306
>Most often without understanding why it was or was not changed.
Everyone knew why everything was changed, and it was always because some group of dipshits who did not represent the community were crying on the forums.
Bella omega was the perfect example
>litterally perfect map, everyone loved it
>0.001% of players don't like fighting over the generator, beg and pleed on the forums to have it changed
>suddenly the generator is unbreakable because you can fit 2 tanks in there
>everyone complains
>"oh, bella must have always been shit, that's why people were complaining back then and now, so lets just pull it"
And there goes the best map in the game.
Thanks hi-rez, nobody is asking you to please them, just stop fucking with shit that was already good you morons.
>>
>>319373068
Fly. Or if you're a pussy, we'll duke shit out this weekend. I'll need a break from studying for finals anyway.
>>
>>319373056
Maybe you should appeal to them even if their reasons defy your logic. It might just work instead of the shit patches being made now.
>>
>>319373665
I liked Bella Omega too. But there are changes people seem to not get that are a bit more complex that are good. And there are basic things people like, as with Bella Omega that are not understood by the autists. As a developer, Hirez needs top parse that information. They just can't.
>>
>>319372708
>what is the shazbowl
>>
Alright you can keep fucking up hi-rez, nobody really cares because nobody is going to play this shit anyway, but I'm going to give you an alternate route to redeem your game and make some money.
>let people make their own custom "mods" for the game, completely fuck with the mechanics as they see fit, enable or disable weapons as they see fit, make custom perks and weapons as they see fit (Based on your base models)
>let people host their own dedicated servers with these mods, determine their own rotation
>open the servers up to any maps, custom or existing, old or new, every iteration, don't make any more new maps you're terrible at it
>you let people make their own games effectively with existing assets. maps, and mechanics
>you sell skins for characters and guns, and voice packs
There, million dollar idea, get to work, stop wasting time on this shit patch that will probably just destroy whatever tiny fragments of a community you have left over.
>>
>>319374228
Those times don't apply anymore, the meta has been set in stone due to shitty design for years.
>>
Well, I'll come crawling straight back like a cheap whore because motherfucking TRIBES.

>I still harbor more resentment for HiRez than any gaming company.
>>
>>319373397
The difference is in the methods and how viable they are for defending (turtling vs chasing) or attacking (no viable methods/waste of time/not fun).
>>
>>319374405
Also sell custom taunts.
If you want to make stupid money make it all real-money tradable on a marketplace or whatever and throw in some random drops.
>>
>Credits have been removed. Upgrading bases has been removed. Airstrikes and other Call-Ins have been removed.

No fun allowed
>>
>>319374581
Yeah that's exactly what happens when you break down the game to 7v7
At real player numbers that doesn't apply because attackers can kill flag carriers and there's people everywhere any of which can happen across the flag carrier.
That or maybe if getting up to sensible momentum didn't require 3 hours of planning and route practice.
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE TRANSPORT VEHICLE YOU BASTARDS
>>
>>319374892
Game is too fast, maps too small.
>>
>>319374691
If the shazbowl happened today /v/ would have been 3-0'd.
Oh well, no one would have given a shit either.
>>
>credits and airstrikes removed
Are you fucking kidding me? That shit was a whole 'nother gameplay element. Fuck, that shit can and has decided fucking matches.
>>
I think we all missed the only important thing about this post
>Plus all previous Tribes games are now free here: http://www.tribesuniverse.com/
Who's down for some T2 or Vengeance?
Atleast there's 2 games hi-rez can't possible fuck up.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.