[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think that nickle and diming in vidya will only get progressively
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: wallpaper_cloud_2048x1536.jpg (582 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_cloud_2048x1536.jpg
582 KB, 2048x1536
Do you think that nickle and diming in vidya will only get progressively worse as time goes on?
>>
File: 1449483820856.png (593 KB, 578x540) Image search: [Google]
1449483820856.png
593 KB, 578x540
>>319303770
The thing is, After what happened with MGSV, FFVII is the ONE game where I'm not completely distraught at the idea of being jewed to death.

They want to split up the release? That means that they can't afford to fuck any release up, and they'll have to ensure that each part is a full experience in itself or people will stop buying it . Cut content will HAVE to be at a minimum because they have to pad out the length of each part to make it worth the money they charge.

On that note, they can jew me to hell and back for all I care. At least they can't afford to half ass the experience. If this means that I can faff about with Aeris at Wall Market, doing a plethora of minigames to pick and choose my dress instead of a short setpiece of jointly connected cutscenes, then fuck it, I'll pay. I just can't take another heartbreak like MGSV again...
>>
>>319303770
>No price announced
>Crying about it
Paranoid poorfaggots are just fucking laughable.
>>
>>319305769
Oh is that so? Then what about Starcraft 2? I didn't stop them from shitting out mediocre parts of a once great legacy.
>>
>>319303770

The only reason it's gotten as far as it has its because you've allowed it to happen

Do not buy unfinished games
Do not buy DLC
Do not buy microtransactions
Do not buy cosmetic items
Do not buy

Screen ALL games first and "tip" by buying then afterwards if they treated you right (but never if DLC is even offered)
>>
>>319305884
>le poorfags
This is the laziest argument in this whole debate I swear. I think if I were rich, I'd be even more offended at the idea of being nickle and dimed.

What, because I have money, it's okay that you squeeze out of me 100+ dollars instead of the 60$? Because you hold content hostage? No, fuck that, it's wrong on principle.
>>
File: 1429670137817.png (22 KB, 312x360) Image search: [Google]
1429670137817.png
22 KB, 312x360
>yfw the r in FF7r is actually for Rebuild
>>
>>319306075
But precisely because people do all of those things I ask if it's gonna get worse. Or will there be a tipping point?
>>
>>319306240
There is no argument you stupid faggot.
Price hasn't been announced.
You're literally crying because you think you'll have to pay more money.
Which is the concern of someone who can't afford what they want.
>>
>>319306075
>Do not buy DLC
But by your definition, DLC also include expansions, because then there's no reason to list cosmetic or microtransactions.
Which makes you a fucking retard.
>>
>>319306380
Listen spergmeister, just because you have difficulty of following a conversation doesn't mean you should inflict your inadequacy on the rest of us. Go meme somewhere else.
>>
>>319306532
>Still acting smug on speculation.
>Calling someone else a sperg.
Irony is thick m8.
Re evaluate your life.
>>
>>319306478
That's why it's a tricky situation, where do you draw the line? What merits an expansion or dlc? Are they pre-planned? What if they aren't planned? How far can developers go before alienating the core players with nickle and diming?
>>
>>319306004
To be fair, Starcraft and Brood War weren't mind-blowing in comparison. Blizzard literally just translated the old mechanics into a more modern graphical aesthetic, and then split it up.

Strangely enough, this is exactly what purist fans of FFVII want.
>>
>>319306735
Planned DLC is fine.
On disc is not.
Cutting content out to sell it is not.
DLC, despite what any retard will tell you here, it not inherently bad.
Simply don't buy what you don't like.
>>
>>319306668
You wouldn't know what irony is if your life depended on it. Go sperg somewhere else.
>>
>>319306849
But we both know that an uninformed gamer potentially buys all of those. Which further encourages the developers and publishers to maintain and expand that model.
>>
>>319306856
What's the price of these games again?
Provide a source as well please, wouldn't want some retard's speculation to come off as fact.
>>
>>319306956
And if there's enough of them to fund this consistently there's nothing to be done.
There's simply not enough consumers who care, end of story.
>>
>>319307101
But where does that lead? Complete 60$ games becoming a rarity? Drop in quality because of inconsistencies caused by the splintering of games?
>>
>>319307321
...I don't know?
I buy games I like and worry about the rest when it gets there.
There will always be games to play, always, old games don't disappear.
>>
>>319306478

Let me invoke the classic "nien, du"
>>
>>319306478

please brave and noble gay warden, will you save my family's treasure? only 1800 MSpoints
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.