[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people like the Deadly Alliance/Deception/Armageddon era of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: 513Y2Biv88L.jpg (55 KB, 354x500) Image search: [Google]
513Y2Biv88L.jpg
55 KB, 354x500
Do people like the Deadly Alliance/Deception/Armageddon era of MK games?
I feel as if they don't get acknowledged as much as the previous or later titles, I think Armageddon is pretty damn good, and I remember Deception's konquest mode being fun.
Also, in regards to the OP, I don't remember anything about Shaolin Monks.
Anyways, what do you guys think?
>>
i liked a lot the konquest mode
always been around the lin kueis clan
>>
People say they suck but I really liked the new characters and that like "open world" thing where you go around outland, netherland and places just fighting shit and getting dosh.

I've always liked weird MK games, I'm probably the only person on /v/ who liked subzero chronicles.
>>
File: 1449241135895.jpg (740 KB, 1010x763) Image search: [Google]
1449241135895.jpg
740 KB, 1010x763
MK at its creative peak desu. Aesthetically awesome, the new characters were great for the most part and they did a great job expanding the universe. Mechanically they were broken as fuck but that was EVERY MK game. Weapons and multiple fighting styles were a good idea in theory. I loved that Deadly Alliance went back to the series roots and went full Asian mythology instead of cheesy 90s comic book.

I wish NRS would stop pretending like that era didn't exist. There's tons of potential to expand upon that stuff and those characters now that they actually know how to make a solid fighting game.
>>
Those 3 games are completly different.

Deadly alliance feels like MK4 tech demo on PS2.
No content at all

MK Armageddon is shit fest , stupid fatality system to get 'lazy' and characters doesnt feel unique at all.

MKSM is top tier game one of best on PS2.

MK Deception is okay. Konquest is okayish chess mode is perfect so does puzzle

SO MKSM>>>>Deception>>> trash > armageddon=da
>>
File: deadly alliance.png (924 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
deadly alliance.png
924 KB, 960x720
>>319289847
>Deadly alliance feels like MK4 tech demo on PS2.
There's absolutely no similarities between MK4 and MKDA's gameplay
>>
I loved them. It's funny you say you don't remember SM though. I'd say out of everyone I know that played the games, SM is the one they'd remember the most.
>>
>>319289517
chronicles? you mean mythologies?
he was my favorite character but the 64 game controlled like shit and may have been the worst game I ever played
>>
>>319290013
Tbh never played the MK games a lot, just rented them at Blockbuster.
I was never "in the know" as to what games were good.
I only remember playing Deception on Xbox and playing Armageddon on a cousin's PS2.
I'll look into SM if its that good.
>>
>>319289283
Aside from the way it handled fatalities MK Armageddon might actually be my favorite MK, simply on account of roster.
>>
>>319290007
Reptile looks awful
>>
File: Mkda_BODY_REPTILE_ALT.png (123 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
Mkda_BODY_REPTILE_ALT.png
123 KB, 256x384
>>319290363
MKDA Reptile is best Reptile

I bet you think he should be "human" again too
>>
deadly alliance was a damn good game
>>
I loved Deception's open world story mode despite its flaws. Puzzle kombat was cool too. Armageddon had a great roster and decent character maker and decent story mode but the fatality bullshit stunk on ice. The kart racing game was a neat and fun addition. I wish they did those little mini-games again. Deadly Alliance had very little redeeming value. Shaolin Monks was great and very underrated.
>>
>>319291087
>I wish they did those little mini-games again.
Puzzle and Motor Kombat were superfluous and added nothing. Chess was good because it was just a twist on the core fighting game. Konquest was great because it allowed the story to play out in a way that wasn't just cutscenes between fights.

>Deadly Alliance had very little redeeming value
Disgusting taste
>>
>>319291234
Deadly Alliance sucks. Tell me why it's good.
>>
File: Photography_Raptor.png (115 KB, 224x268) Image search: [Google]
Photography_Raptor.png
115 KB, 224x268
>>319289283
Never was i more invested in MK.

It was a great time my best friend and i had going through unlocking everything and talking about how weird and awesome it was for there to be a fun

Dat dark raiden
Dat alliance triple beam against the dragon king
KRYPT
That art you unlocked
Freaking Drahmin
Actually killing liu kang
Multiple fighting style longass combos
DECEPTION story roaming mode y note.
Bo rai cho stomach jiggle same mechanics as boob jiggles
We are ermac
That assault up the pyramid

Lots of fun memories with friends and in story
>>
>>319291684
FUCKING PUZZLE KOMBAT
how could i forget
>>
File: 1409458499715.png (914 KB, 805x582) Image search: [Google]
1409458499715.png
914 KB, 805x582
>>319289283
Shaolin Monks is by the far the best game of those 3. It holds up today, really good spinoff action game.

Armageddon was alright because it had a fuckhueg roster but no fatalities.

Deception had great fatalities but shit gameplay.
>>
File: Mkda_BODY_SHANGTSUNG.png (126 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
Mkda_BODY_SHANGTSUNG.png
126 KB, 256x384
>>319291583
The fighting styles were fresh and had very few shared moves between styles. It made characters feel really unique. Every style had different special abilities like power-ups, reversals, escapes, or a throw, which resulted in an overall less homogenized roster.

The new characters were the best the series had seen since the first or second game. Best costume design in the series.

The story was bold and awesome. Shang Tsung and Quan Chi teaming up, killing Liu Kang, and actually WINNING. Konquest being a training mode that allowed you to learn about the character's backstory and what they were up to was a good way to give disposition. I really think it should come back in the new games.

Beautiful arenas and music. Tons of fun unlockables.
>>
Best Sonya Blade
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AacOFyLI0z0

can't believe I used to laugh at this
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.