[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>http://press.na.square-enix.com/re leases/586/final-fant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: 1271913571602.jpg (322 KB, 951x1200) Image search: [Google]
1271913571602.jpg
322 KB, 951x1200
>http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/586/final-fantasy-vii-remake-showcased-at-playstation-experience

>"FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience."

Prepare for Tell Tale Fantasy 7
>>
Bets on how much all chapters will cost?
>>
>>319272228
$50 each. Expect at least 4 episodes.
>>
>>319272056
They'll probably break it up the same way the original did.

>An expanded Midgar as Part 1, with the escape as its ending
>Everything from the Nibelheim flashback to the end of Disc 1 as Part 2
>All of Disc 2 for Part 3
>Disc 3 is either merged into 2 since its just one dungeon or made a separate thing

I don't get these claims about how it'll destroy the stories pacing or go TellTale when FFVII was already designed with acts in mind since it needed a climax for each disc.
>>
>>319272056

Godamn it they did the same thing with SC2 and the story suffered from it. Here's hoping they don't do any major overhauls with said story.
>>
>>319272056

So while the series is being told in multi parts, did they neccesarilly say itll be shipped by parts? This could just be their retarded way of saying, expect multiple discs, or at the very least the way the game is portrayed will be episodic but still be in one package
>>
>>319272739
>Multipart series
Thats a little different then saying multipart story

Plus they state that each one will have its own unique way of telling the story, making sound like every episode is going to be taken from a different perspective or another. Seriously doubt multi-disk theory.
>>
>>319272056

>Nomura: VII in one work would turn into a digest. We judged that the remake must be full volume, so we decided to make [VII] multi-part.

>Nomura: A subtitle for the VII remake would give the impression of a spin-off or sequel, so they avoided using one.

>Nomura: If we make the characters reall, they'll look like real people and no one will recognize them, so we're aiming to balance.

>Nomura: Advent Children models are too old, so they've been refining the graphics and balancing reality and deformation.

>Aside from the CG shown at the beginning of the trailer, everything is in real-time. You can alter the camera angle during the train scene.

>Cloud's appearance has to partially to do with the lighting and his pale skin. Nojima had said Cloud's sickly appearance is brilliant.

>Cross-dressing scene will be included. Nomura has yet to work on the design, however.

>NMR: VIIR is completely different from Crisis Core's battle system. Not as actiony as Dissidia Arcade or KH but closer to that style.

>NMR: VIIR has ATB, but it's not the type where you wait for the gauge to fill up and then attack. It is connected with the action system.

>NMR: 3-member parties, all interchangeable and playable. You don't have to change characters if you don't want.

>NMR: The battle speed they're aiming for is Dissidia Arcade's. The battles we saw in the trailer are kind of like a standard to aim for.

>Nomura went over the trailer so many times and doubted if it'd be all right to show, but the reaction he received has relieved him.

>also in interviews(info is somewhere on last pages of other thread) they confirmed they want to add new stuff and surprises so its not the same experience to even surprise us old school fans

FF7 is fucking massive, if they made it with a normal budget as one game they'd have to cut shit and it'd be too small.

I'd prefer to have a game with lots of content over periods of time rather than a butchered version as a single release.
>>
>>319272056
oh god noo
>>
>>319273742

From what I can tell the combat is real time for standard attack and ATB for special attacks, which is fine I think. It means the combat is pretty much the same but you can move around and attack instead of waiting for ages.

I only really liked the materia system anyway, other games have down ATB and turn based better. Hell, Trails in the Sky has a better materia-esque system.
>>
Why do people keep saying Telltale when other companies like Valve and Blizzard also have done the episodic shit?
>>
File: 1434577627569.jpg (108 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
1434577627569.jpg
108 KB, 500x354
『FFVII リメイク』のバトルにはお馴染みのリミットブレイクも搭載。分作にした経緯にも迫る
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/173/1173362/

『ファイナルファンタジーVII リメイク』北瀬佳範氏&野村哲也氏に訊く分作の意図――バトルはATBありのアクションに!?【PSX2015】
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201512/07094721.html

>Character models are being supervised by Visual Work's director.
>The team is staying away from total realism for the designs, since it might make certain characters hard to recognize. Instead, they are going to make them as real as possible, while keeping the character's personality and design intact.
>Advent Children's model data is over ten years old, so they cannot use it, even if that were the direction the team had decided upon.
>Everything from the recent trailer, aside from the recycled E3 Trailer footage, was real-time. The end scene where Cloud gets off the train transitions directly into gameplay.
>Cloud looking sick is partly due to the lighting. Nojima thinks Cloud's sickly appearance is brilliant.
>Cross-dressing is in the game, but Nomura has yet to work on the design.
>All the party member's designs are renewed like Barret's. At first they thought of going with the Advent Children design for Barret, but decided against it.
>Both the ATB and Limit gauge are present, but work differently than in the original. The ATB turning red is particularly important.
>Battle tempo will be similar to Dissidia. Battle system is being made by people who have experience in both Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts.

another post incoming
>>
File: 1427164976836.png (332 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
1427164976836.png
332 KB, 596x628
I laughed too fucking much at this.

This is what you fags get for drooling over the trailer and acting like they din do muffin wrong over the past five years. ONLY for them to immediately remind you why any respect for them should be long gone.
>>
>>319274003

>Nomura: "If we tried to stuff the whole game into one release, some parts of the game would have to appear as digests. We'd have to remove some of the original content from the game, and it would be especially difficult to add anything more. Considering that a full remake of the original game must be achieved, we have decided to split the game into multiple episodes."
>Kitase: "Taking the No.8 Street shown in the recent trailer, even just this is already highly dense. If we are to remake the content of the original version at that quality, it would be impossible to do with a single release. Splitting the original version into episodes with nothing dropped, as well as adding complements, and remaking the game in it's full volume is what we are thinking."
>Kitase: "Unlike the encounter battles in the original version, we're aiming for seamless, active battles like those shown in the recent trailer."
>Nomura: "Since the game is based on Final Fantasy VII, elements like the ATB Gauge and Limit Breaks will appear, but with new usage [to reflect the new combat system]. Please wait for our further announcements on how they will evolve."
>Nomura: "We are planning to dig deeper with the story in the episodes. Players who have played the original surely know everything from the beginning to the end of the game, including many very important moments. We would love to give even these players surprises."
>Kitase: "We are not going to remake a game so you only play for nostalgia. We want to make the hearts of the original fans pump. Additions will be made with this goal clear in the minds of the team."
>>
So what are you meant to do when you beat Part 1 and Part 2 is months away? Are they gonna put in bonus content like replaying fights to get better times/under certain conditions, or unlocking bonus shit?
>>
File: 1447531252389.png (187 KB, 454x900) Image search: [Google]
1447531252389.png
187 KB, 454x900
>>319274003
>Battle tempo will be similar to Dissidia. Battle system is being made by people who have experience in both Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts
And its ruined.
SE can take their shitty remake and shove it.
>>
Final Fantasy VII more like Final Fantasy buy it VII times ayy lmao
>>
I don't really understand the problem.

If they overprice the parts, I can get that. That would suck.

But an episodic approach to content release means we get content sooner, and they get the time they need to really polish it up. It's the best of both worlds!
>>
>>319274051

I'm fine with it. I want to experience the game for the first time again.

Not experience the same game for the 4958209348520957425th time with fancier graphics.

If a multi-part release is what's needed to make the game as massive as it originally was, then fine. It's better than getting a butchered version in one release.

Trails in the Sky did it brilliantly. Both games were about 30 hours, 60 if you did the side stuff. The second game was a direct continuation with the only difference being the UI.
>>
The original had 3 CDs.
>>
FUCKING DROPPED
>>
>>319274708
Sure did. And FFVIII and IX had four each.

But they all came out at once. IF I ever buy, it's at a single price when everything is done and finished. I'm not gonna show Square that their bullshit works.
>>
>>319274736

>implying you wont buy it day one if the reviews are all good
>>
>>319274945
That's valid. That's probably what I'm going to do too. And we all know there is going to be a package deal whenever they release everything.

I can still see why they went the episodic route, and I don't begrudge them for it.

Unless they do something retarded like charge more than $20 per episode. Then fuck them.
>>
>>319275332
Sure, but then what's stopping them from just waiting for maybe a full year, if they have anything resembling a stable release schedule? Make their action game a single, massive thing. It would keep them from doing bullshit like postponing bits because muh munnies or other bullshit they could wave away as "unforeseen circumstances".

Given Square's situation, this reeks of desperation. Or greed. Or both.
>>
>>319272056
In other words they want to jew out the most money possible.
>>
>>319275951
They're taking the remake thing too far with bullshit like adding whole new sections to Midgar.
>>
>>319273742
>If we make the characters reall, they'll look like real people and no one will recognize them, so we're aiming to balance

The fuck is this supposed to mean?
>>
>>319276369
reduce Tifa tits , make Cloud look like meth addict ...
>>
>>319272056
So the PC version will be include all episode.
>>
File: overworld_encounter.gif (2 MB, 354x287) Image search: [Google]
overworld_encounter.gif
2 MB, 354x287
>>319276369
It means Mr. T is just a generic strong-looking black man instead of a an angry mountain that could crush a baby elephant with his own hand(s?).

And that Red XIII looks "realistic". Pic related.
>>
>>319272056
OH FUCK

JUST LIKE XENOSAGA
ATELIER
.HACK
FINAL FANTASY 13 TRILOGY
FINAL FANTASY X AND X-2
TRAILS

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ALL GAMES WITH MORE THAN 1 PART ARE TELLTALE JEWERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>319276369
>>319276556

No, he's saying they're trying not to make the characters look too realistic. I read another translation and in it he said that a lot of characters would be unrecognisable in a realistic style, so they're going to go for a balance.

Which seems reasonable.
>>
I just played Trails in the Sky 1 and 2 and it was one of the best RPG experiences I've ever had.

If every part is fully fleshed out, with places like Midgar being full cities, and towns being more than one screen, then I can understand why it'd need more than one release to tell a big story.

If it's like the Mass Effect trilogy, then this is good.
>>
If the WEAPONS are going to be at the proper scale, how in the fuck are those fights going to work?
>>
>>319277442
JUMP ONTO THE HYDRA'S BAAACK!
>>
>>319277442
Look like FFXV i guess.
>>
File: worship her.jpg (304 KB, 560x704) Image search: [Google]
worship her.jpg
304 KB, 560x704
>>319274003
>Cross-dressing is in the game, but Nomura has yet to work on the design.
I offer ye my soul, Lord Nomura.
>>
File: 13.jpg (361 KB, 1260x1500) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
361 KB, 1260x1500
>>319279125
Full image
>>
You ate up life is strange it's your own fault. Irony doesn't exist in the marketer eyes.
>>
>>319279302
>tits
hmmm
>>
>>319273742
>FF7 is fucking massive, if they made it with a normal budget as one game they'd have to cut shit and it'd be too small.
Da fuck you talking about... they don't have to spend 100's of hours developing a new story or creating a new battle system (oh wait.. nm) All they have to do is give the goddamn game a new paint job and make some tweaks here and there. Of course they could make this shit and a regular budget.
>>
File: Barret.jpg (6 KB, 192x217) Image search: [Google]
Barret.jpg
6 KB, 192x217
>>319279302
>We have to save her!
>tits
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.