[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys What Devil May Cry is the Best May Cry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 1448841300143.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1448841300143.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Guys
What Devil May Cry is the Best May Cry?
>>
>>318782137
Devil Meow Cry
>>
devil might cry 2
>>
DMC1 has the best enemy design, bosses, atmosphere, and music.

DMC2 is the best if you're a turbo hipster.

DMC3 probably has the best cutscenes, for whatever that's worth. Has some of the worst music in the series.

DMC4 has DMC3's gameplay, but overall improved. There are less weapons, but most of the weapons in 3 were shitty anyway. The missions aren't terribly impressive, but there were only 2 or 3 missions actually worth playing in 3. 4 has more playable characters if you get SE. With the exception of Dante the bosses are kind of lame in 4, but they're still not nearly as boring as the bosses in 3. The environments are all much more pleasant to look at in 3. The enemies are more interesting and challenging than in 3. Really don't bother with 3 unless you really want to fight Vergil.

Donte is the best if you're a hipster. It's a shitty ripoff of 3.

DMC1 is the way to go.
>>
>>318784028
>There are less weapons, but most of the weapons in 3 were shitty anyway
Lol what? All weapons in 3 are fun as fuck to use while Gilgamesh is fucking shit compared to Beowulf and Lucifer is boring and retarded weapon while Nevan is cool as fuck.

DMC4 has best combat but no content. SE fixed it a bit but Dante is still much more fun in DMC3.
>>
>>318784028
Oh my god, how could your taste be so bad? 3 and 4 are the best in the series, but 4 doesn't hold a candle to 3. Everything is better in 3.
>>
>>318782137
Wait, Tama is a snake? I thought it was a leviathan.
>>
4's weapons have the worst synergy overall and doesn't feel that great to be good at beyond using styles
3 is really good but also really, really hard on your hands at a high level and has quite a few of those stages you always hate to play
1 has the best overall challenge and enemy variety in return for being more plain and easy to run front-to-back.

In hindsight, 1 is my favorite and 3 is close for being extremely demanding. 3 might win if it were more viable to do a fresh run on DMD.
>>
>>318785278
No it's a Levi, it uses the soap to slide around.
It attacks with it's entire body with it's tail being the primary weapon
>>
Imagine if you were a dragon and your breath was bubbles.

You'd be the butt of every joke in dragon society.
>>
>>318785278
Who gives a shit, it's a re-purposed Royal Ludroth.
>>
>>318785424
I want to be a dragon fuccboi
>>
>>318785152
I slightly disagree. 3 was a better overall game for sure, but 4 really refined the gameplay, and made it a lot smoother, as well as adding the style change. (3 is still overall best, especially pc version with style switcher mod), but from a raw gameplay perspective, 4 is a lot better.
>>
>>318785436
Because Leviathan moveset>Snake moveset. I guess that circling move was just for the CGI.
>>
Demon Might Weep.
>>
>>318785654
Style change is great and all but without fun weapons it gets old fast. And weapons are fucking sucks in 4.
>>
>>318785424
>bubble fuckesr up
>slide away from them
>watch as they slide down a cliff
>>
File: 1346538355280.jpg (283 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1346538355280.jpg
283 KB, 1000x1000
>>318785424
>be lube dragon
>alatreon has FIVE elements at his disposal
>fuck this
>cover myself up in lube
>slither into his asshole
>fill his insides with soap and bubbles
>emerge from his mouth whilst he suffocates
>take a big, stinky piss on his face as he dies
>>
DmC
>>
>>318785935
I like them a lot. The fist weapon is meh, but Pandora and lucifer, coupled with the returning weapons give a lot of variety and fun. 3 definitely had better weapons, but when I comes to just firing the game up and heading into bloody palace to get my ssstylish on, I usually go with 4, just feels more responsive and fun to fuck around in. Plus has a lot better high level tricks.
>>
>>318784028
SEE THE WAR
SEE ME RULE
SEE THE MIRROR YOU'LL SEE A FOOL.
>>
>>318785996
Exactly what I was fantasizing
>>
File: 1442179836719.jpg (25 KB, 279x327) Image search: [Google]
1442179836719.jpg
25 KB, 279x327
I fucking hate Nero on DMC4, his missions are fucking boring and his playstyle is boring as fuck. I was Glad the second half had me play as Dante, but then that final battle against Demon Pope really pushed me to the edge. And in the SE I couldn't play any other character because Nero's missions are so fucking boring.
>>
>>318785424
>lube yourself up
>literally ready to fuck a big dragon whenever you want
>they can't touch you cause you a slippery nigga
>>
>>318788978
Nero was an excellent introduction while still having a good skill ceiling and when you compare him to DMC1 Dante he's a really good start.
>>
>>318790362
I would still choose to get raped as Dante in DMC1 instead of playing that boring as fuck Nero. He's way too easy, his levels have too many gimmicks, and it's overall boring. I want to fight crazy monsters, not play a fucking board game.
>>
>>318788914
That's pretty specific
>>
File: it speaks.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
it speaks.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>318791427
>not play a fucking board game
>not manipulating the dice so it's over as soon as it starts

Pic related.
>>
>>318791427
Nobody plays the story to fight enemies. That's what Bloody Palace is for.
>>
>>318782137

Nigga that's qt
>>
>>318784028
All DMC are equal in soundtrack yes even DMC2
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.